- Text Size +

September 17, 1986 – 6:28 pm

Here again, still training like crazy. I'm surprised Liza hasn't gotten tired of it all yet and decides to just give up, because I know I am more than tired at the moment, more like exhausted. I really consider giving up, right now. But I promised Michael I wouldn't, I promised myself most importantly. I can't be weak, I have to be strong. I repeat that over and over and over in my head, so I can get through this. As I'm going through the vocal lessons with Liza, I somehow, heard a major improvement in my voice, I sung and I didn't crack in the middle of it! I gasped when I heard it, I wasn't too sure if that was me singing at that moment.

"Oh my...tell me that wasn't a hoax Kitty. Do that for me again!" I smiled, grabbing myself getting somewhat excited, is my voice getting better? Or was that just a one-time excitement? I did the vocal warm up once again, as I realized my voice has gotten better. No more cracking! I squealed in excitement.

"Yes it's all better!" I scream, as I hug Liza.

"You think your 100%, honey? Because you do sound great, but do you really think it'll last? Maybe we should wait an extra week before we confirm this?"

Just hearing that I don't my voice isn't cracking up makes me feel amazingly confident, and I didn't want to kill the confidence I had in me at the moment. I believe I was sure enough that my voice is completely okay. I know I am not going to go out and make a fool of myself not now or ever. I know my voice has been healed, I just know it.

"I think I'm fine Liz, if anything I'll call you. But, thanks so much for helping me, I really appreciate it." I lean over to her and hugged her.

"Aw, your welcome darling, if you ever feel you need this training again, then you can always call me." She winks at me, and I smile gracefully at her, feeling very thankful or her to fix me.

"Have any idea of where Michael could be?" I ask, having the need to give him the huge news.

"Last time he said he's going to the studio. Check the studio. Why?"

"I need to see him. Thanks for telling me I'll go check the studio. Good Night, Liza! I give her one last hug and a kiss on the cheek before I left, I couldn't wait to let Michael hear me again! He's going to be so excited to hear or at least I hope so….

September 17, 1986 – 8:20 pm

I walk into the studio as an uninvited guest. Tippy toeing in as I hear Quincy's and Michael's voice and another female's voice too. Sounds very familiar, I knew it wasn't Tatiana, but it sounds like a voice I've heard before somewhere, I walk in interrupting their conversation as all eyes were now on me.

"Hey Kitty…" Michael says as he smiles at me.

"Hi Michael." Then the mysterious female turns around and it's Whitney Houston. I gasp in shock and thought damn; I guess my chance of singing this song with Michael is diminished. Well at least tried. Maybe there will be another time.

"So what brings you here today Kitty?" Quincy asks.

"Um….it's nothing anymore, forget it. I'll leave." I begin walking away thinking, gee what was I thinking? I guess it was truth when Quincy said just five days or get replaced, he surely wasn't joking. I feel somewhat down but it's okay, I'll get over this. I know I'll have better sleep tonight, since I have fewer things to worry about and not as much tension on my hands any longer. Michael tugs my arm gently as I turn around and face him.

"Hey, what was that all about?"

"Nothing, Michael. Forget it's unimportant."

"Please, just tell me…"

"Well….my voice is healed, no more cracking in the middle of a note…"

"Wow, really?"

"Yes, really Michael." I smile, looking at his excitement about it.

"Aw…see, I told you it'll all work out!" He hugs me tightly, making me feel relieved and not so let down. "Come to the studio with me." He adds, as he takes my hand and drags me along to the studio. Looks like Michael's really excited, which I have no idea why.

"Michael, I know we were just about to get recording but I just got caught up in this huge project with my manager just a minute ago…I think I'm going to have to drop this, is that okay with you Michael?" Whitney asks Michael as she gets her things together.

"It's okay, I already have a replacement." Michael looks back at me smiling brightly…I began to feel a little worried now that I am doing this….what if it didn't last? I'd just make a huge fool out of myself, which I'm so afraid of….

"Oh that's wonderful. Take you too, goodbye Quincy!" Whitney says as she waves at us and quickly leaves.

"Michael…before you jump into conclusions I think we should do a test run, I'm feeling a little nervous about this." I told him.

"Okay, sure we can do that; let's do a little vocal warm up." He takes my hands in his as I do some warm ups and I was doing perfectly at it. I knew I was ready.

"Yes, you're perfect." Michael again drags me over to Quincy, which I'm sure he heard me singing, from the corner. "So Quincy, can we…?" Michael asks as he holds my hand tightly.

"Alright."

We put on our head phones on and Quincy puts on the music.

"We'll start with your part again, Kitty." Quincy says as he turns on the music beginning with my part. I took a deep breath and began to sing:

"I hear your voice now

You are my choice now

The love you bring

Heaven's in my heart

At your call

I hear harps

And angels sing

You know how I feel

This thing can't go wrong

I can't live my life without you"

Michael:

"I just can't hold on"

Me:

"I feel we belong"

Michael:

"My life ain't worth living, if I can't be with you

Together:

"I just can't stop loving you

I just can't stop loving you

And if I stop

Then tell me just what will I do"

Me:

"Cause I just can't stop loving you"

Michael:

"At night when the stars shine

I pray in you I'll find

A love so true…"

Me:

"When morning awakes me

Will you come and take me

I'll wait for you"

Michael:

"You know how I feel

I won't stop until

I hear your voice saying 'I do'"

Me:

"I do

This thing can't go wrong"

Michael:

"This feeling so strong"

Me:

"Well, my life aint worth living"

Together:

"If I can't be with you

I just can't stop loving you

I just can't stop loving you

And if I stop

Then tell me just what should I do"

Michael:

"I just can't stop loving you…"

Me:

"We can change all the world tomorrow"

Michael:

"We can sing songs of yesterday."

Me:

"I can say, hey, farewell to sorrow"

Michael:

"This is my life and I"

Together:

"Want to see you for always

I just can't stop loving you"

As I continue singing, the rest of the song I open my eyes, realizing this all wasn't just a dream. It was reality. I was really singing, not only just singing but recording a song with Michael. The feelings I feel right now are special, and I am so glad I decided to sing this song with him. It's the greatest decision I've ever made in my entire life, and probably the greatest decision I'll ever make. I smile as I look up into Michael's eyes and he's looking back at me smiling as we end the song. I took off my head phones directing my attention somewhere new, as I look back at Michael I see his eyes are permanently on me, looking at me with deep compassion. I couldn't help but to fall in. His hands slowly caress my hair, as he comes close up to me, leaning toward me to give me a breath taking kiss. I warp my arms around him, as he kissed me deeper, only to get an interruption by an obnoxious cough by no other then, Quincy.

"Ah, I know I didn't ask for a make out session, immediately after recording the song." Quincy says impatiently. I shrug him off, not even paying him any attention.

"Please, you're just mad you have no one to make out with." I roll my eyes as I begin walking off. I hear Quincy laughing obnoxiously.

"Don't want any! And, good night to you too!"

"Sweet dreams." I reply sarcastically, as I left the studio with a smile on my face. I look behind me and I see Michael's right behind me, he tugs me by my shoulder and gives me a sweet soft kiss on the lips.

"You did amazing, Kitty. I'm so proud of you." Michael says as he puts his hands on the side of my face.

"Thanks." He gives me another kiss filled with emotions, putting me into a brand new world. Gosh, today couldn't get any more amazing, could it?