- Text Size +
The ride was so smooth I hadn’t felt us stop until the door was opened for and we exited. I lost my breath when I caught sight of where we were. ‘His’ house, Michael Jackson’s home, at least the one in New York. I can’t even describe the magic that I was suddenly exposed to as I stepped out of the car.
I’m sure you can use your imagination. I had to catch my breath before it ran away with my heartbeat at the excitement that pulsed through my body. A man waited at the circling door to greet us. "Evening Miss" , the suited gentlemen said. I just nodded my head and continued in. "We could really have some fun with those doors", Sam said gesturing to the circling doors. Inside was so beautiful, covered with gold lining and angel statues everywhere.There were chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and people with fur coats and flashy jewelry exiting and entering everywhere. The room was full of like six elevators and stairs.

Like a maze of richness, I did not expect this. The place screamed high price.” Sam? Where do we go?", I asked unsure. He just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a look like how could I expect him to know. 'Great! Now what are we gonna do?', I thought, aggravated. I was already nervous and now I was lost. I went to the front desk to ask the clerk knowing I'd sound crazy, but hoping not enough to be locked up. " Uhhh, hi. My name is Sydney and this is Sam. We're here visiting someone whose living here right now...", I trailed off. I just couldn’t spit the words since it was still surreal to me. "Name?", the clerk asked.

I grunted and then began to spell hesitantly, "M-i-c-h-a-e-l J-a-c-k-..", "OH! You're expected." , he said before I could finish. I felt so relieved even though the sudden burst of realization made me jump. A man dressed in a suit came up to us as we were to be escorted to the elevator and up to the room. Once inside a solo violin began to play. Sam just stood there quiet, for once. While in the elevator I began to daydream....


*** "Dancin', Dancin' Dancin'! She's a dancin' machine.." I was listening to my vinyl I'd gotten two years ago and waiting for my friends to arrive. I could just imagine myself outta high school, dancing with Michael Jackson. A girl can only dream right? Up on stage with him, on Soul Train groovin' with the Jackson's... Finally I just couldn't take it any longer, I'm 17 and a Senior! I knew what I wanted to do...."Hey whatcha doin'?", Lillith said as she walked right into my room. "I'm going to college for dance!", I said. ***


I was snapped out of my daydream with the opening of the elevator doors. But I didn't realize until I was there that elevators went to a room. The doors closed behind Sam and I as we stepped out. There were white walls, and hardwood floors that were so shiny you could see yourself in the reflection. It looked so pristine...'This is it', I thought.