- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is just an interlude, so it's not very long.

Everything went just as Michael wanted it to be. He had finally proven to the woman that he loves that he has changed completely for her and he was ready to take that next step and provide for her. They continued their embrace as they made their way home. Diamond could feel that she made the right choice. This was the man she wanted to be with. 

 

 As they got closer to Michael's neighborhood, out in the darkness, they saw figures coming towards them. They couldn't tell who they were, so they didn't stop walking. But as they came under the streetlight, their faces were shown. It was La'Shawna with her boyfriend and their "crew." Michael and Diamond stopped in their tracks. In Michael's mind, he was thinking, 'what the fuck does she want now? Can't she just leave us alone!' In Diamond's mind, all she could think was, 'Michael, what did you do?
 

 

"There go that bitch nigga right there." La'Shawan said, pointing her finger dead at Michael. 
 

 

"What did I do to you?" Michael questioned her. "Why? Why are you bringing all this here, don't you have something better to do with your time?" 
 

 

"What are you talking about?" She said, looking confused. "Nigga, you be blowing up my phone all day and you got the nerve talking about what you do? Nigga you obviously still want me." 
 

 

As bougie as she could get, she began popping her hips out, acting seductively as if it were going to cause some effect on Michael. The only effect it caused was complete and utter disgust. 
 

 

"No one has even called you, if anything you're the one stalking me, trying to ruin my relationship, when you should be focusing on your own! Like, what was the purpose of you coming up to me like that today?" 
 

 

"What? I was going to please ask if you could leave me the fuck alone nigga." 
 

 

A huff and a smile came from Michael. He couldn't believe the lies this hoe was telling. Trying to make it seem like he was the bad guy. Anyone with eyes could see that she was lying. But if you hang around thots, then you definitely won't know if they're pulling any shit. 
 

 

"Nigga, you better stop fuckin with me girl," La'Shawna's boyfriend called out. 
 

 

"Who ARE YOU?" Michael exclaimed. 
 

 

"Dequan. It don't even matter, you heard what I said, keep playin Ima fuck yo little ass up." 
 

 

"Michael, let's go," Diamond tugged on his arm, trying to make him leave the scene. 
 

 

Michael swallowed all of his God given pride and relaxed himself. He knew that at any minute he could swing on this dude and it would be over. But for the sake of his woman, he was going to turn away from the situation. As he walked off, Dequan was still trying to talk shit all the way. Yelling at him, "That's right nigga! You ain't gonna do nothin'! You ain't about that life!" 
 

 

Michael's breaths got heavier each time he spoke. He wanted to turn around so bad and clock him right in the jaw. Diamond squeezed his hand hard, knowing that he wanted to act out. But she wasn't having it. This was one of the best nights and she didn't want anything to ruin it. Once they finally turned the corner, everything was quiet again. Michael glanced over at Diamond, her arms folded and her lips tightly pressed together. The hush mode was very intense now and you could feel it all the in the air. As soon as Michael attempted to speak, Diamond cut him off quickly. 
 

 

"Michael, I really just want to go home." 
 

 

"Diamond--," 
 

 

"No, Michael, listen. THIS...this is exactly what I was talking about in the very beginning, I didn't want to deal with this. Who knows what that crazy bitch can do!" 
 

 

"She can't do anything! You don't have any reason to be afraid of her, she's not worth shit, she won't do shit," he took her face in his hands. "All you need to concern yourself about is me. Leave the past in the past." 
 

 

"She's obviously not in the past Michael, because y'all still seem to have a connection." 
 

 

"Connection? Connection of what sort? Do you really believe that crap she was feeding you?" 
 

 

Diamond was silent. "...Have you been calling her Michael." 
 

 

His eyes grew with amazement. "Are you serious? What reason do I have to call her? How could you even think that I would--," 
 

 

"Michael...just...I'll talk to you later, I just want to go to bed now." 
 

 

She didn't even move in to hug or kiss him. She walked up to her door, attempting to unlock it. She sensed Michael still standing at the bottom of the staircase. His gaze was enough to pierce her body and look directly into her soul. It was an uncomfortable feeling. Michael realized she had nothing else to say to him for the rest of the night. There was nothing he could do or say to calm him down, she was very traumatized. She was never the confrontational type and she tried to avoid drama the best way she could. The only thing left for Michael to do now was turn around and sprint home, before there was any sign of the thugs scouting the night for him. 
 

 

For the majority of the night, Diamond laid on her bed and looked at the ring on her finger. She loved Michael and she knew she did. She just didn't like the attachments that came along with him. No matter where he'd go or what he'd do, the ghetto was not far behind. La'Shawna is always going to be that crazy ex girlfriend and you're always going to have your jealous thugs out to get him, because he's always on his shit, never letting anything distract him from what he should be doing. Diamond held her pillow tight, wanting everything that happened to just fade away. With her doors locked, and her windows bolted, she finally found it in her to get some sleep.