- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

"Janet...I'm just going to say this right now.  I find it highly disturbing you're picking out lingerie for me to wear with YOUR BROTHER."

Janet gave me a saucy look and flipped her hair over her shoulder.  Unperturbed Janet ignored me and kept looking through the racks of push up bras.

"I wonder if they carry pasties..."  Janet continued, crinkling her nose and putting a bra back on the rack.

Dear God.  Someone shoot me now.

Large pink polka dots graced the cream colored walls and music pulsed in the store.  Flinging my bags over my shoulder I turned to look at another display and a large canvas picture of one of the Victoria's Secret models caught my attention. 

To look like that I'd have to not eat for a year.  What was she, a size -12? 

Shapely hips held a barely there lace pair of panties and large size DDD breasts hung out of a bronzed colored bra.  A waist the size of a Twinkie, the models long perfect hair fell down her shoulders in waves accenting her large blue eyes and pouty lips.    Glancing down at my relaxed fit jeans, striped white shirt, and brown leather coat and back up at her I thought about my granny panties and plain white bra and absently thought that maybe Janet had a SLIGHT point. 

Michael was fiercely attractive and 80 percent of the time covered in leather.  It wouldn't hurt to try a LITTLE harder. 

But still.  HE WAS HER BROTHER.  Even though she was right it was still disturbing.

"Lexi! Quick! Come try this on!"

Adjusting my shopping bags I turned back to look over at Janet.  Her bags down by her feet Janet had an armful of extremely provocative lingerie in her arms.  Raising one in particular in my direction her eyes twinkled mischievously.

"They're edible!!"

My breath caught in my throat.  Glancing around the large store I watched as store clerks glanced over at us and began giggling.  My cheeks turning a bright red quickly I ran forward, grabbed Janet's arm, and moved her to the register.

"Alright, that's it.  Just...fling them on the counter and I'll pay for them.

"Now that's my girl. Michael's going to be ripping these off with his teeth he's so anxious to get to you."

Letting out a low groan, I quickened my pace to the register and flung my master card out as the petite blonde clerk sorted through the pile and began ringing them up.

"Excuse me" Janet started, leaning over the counter.   The sales girl stopped checking for a moment and glanced between us for a moment before leaning closer to Janet.  "...Yes?"

"Do you carry condoms?"

"Janet!" Leaning my forehead on the counter for a second my heart beat wildly in my chest and my hands shook from sheer embarrassment.  Raising my head slightly I glanced over at Janet and gave her an incredulous look.  "Why would they carry condoms?   I whispered forcefully, refusing to look at the sales lady.  "And WHY do you need them?"

The sales girl coughed in embarrassment.  Quickly straightening, she looked back down at the merchandise and without a word continued checking us out.  Mumbling an apology at her under my breath I waited for Janet to answer.

"Lexi..."  Janet gave me a look and pointed down to the pile of stuff she had picked out for me.

Wait a minute.  Had she...?

"You asked for ME?"

My voice raised an octave and came out more like a squeal. 

"You asked for condoms for your BROTHER?"

Janet grinned, completely unashamed.  Turning back towards the sales clerk Janet twirled a strand of her long curly hair between her fingertips and drummed her other hand against the counter.   Unable to speak I waited for the girl to finish and avoided eye contact.

"Thank you Miss Adams please come again soon."

Grabbing the bags from her I was surprised to see how much they weighed.  Janet had embarrassed me so much when I was checking out I hadn't even glanced at the total.  Looking at my receipt as we headed out the door I stopped midstride and touched Janet's arm.

"$2,000?? Janet we were in Victoria's Secret there stuff isn't THAT expensive? Exactly how many things did you pick out?"

Lacing her arm through mine Janet grabbed the receipt from me, wadded it up, and tossed it over her shoulder. 

"You'll thank me later.  On your honeymoon when Michael's panting like a rabid dog."

"Janet!" Letting out a resigned sigh I shook my head and tried not to smile.  "You're ridiculous."
____________________________________________________________________________________

 Janet's POV

"Hey, do you care if we stop at the gas station up here?  I need to pick up some Excedrin."

On our way home from the mall, Lexi had been shuffling her legs rhythmically for the last ten minutes. Tapping my fingers on the tan leather steering wheel of my mercedes, I placed my sunglasses on top of my head and flipped on the turn signal.

"Which is your way of saying you need to take a leak."

Lexi's eyes widened, and shooting her a grin I flipped the turn signal on and turned into the station.

"You know it's true.  Don't give me that doe eyed innocent look."

Rolling her eyes, Lexi's long golden locks fell over her shoulders as she quickly dug in her purse and pulled out her lipstick. "How does Nahla put up with you?"

"Easy.  Bribery."

Lexi flipped the passenger mirror open and started applying the makeup.  Navigating through the parking lot I found a spot up front and turned off the car.

"Alright, captain Kirk how are we doing this?"

Glancing in the rearview mirror Greg, the newest member of Michael's security peered out from underneath his sunglasses and glanced around the empty parking lot.  "I think we're good.  I'll just go in with you guys."

"You heard him Lex.  Hope the stalls are big enough for two."

My large ostrich leather purse sat perched between both of us.  Grabbing the handles I tossed my keys in and looked up to see if Lexi was ready. 

"This..."  Lexi motioned to her face and narrowed her eyes.  "is all your fault."

A large pink streak leading from her top lip to her nose on her face, I coughed loudly and looked down so I wouldn't laugh.

"Was it something I said?"

Lexi tossed a kleenex at my head.

Grabbing the tissue, I tossed it in my purse and once Lexi was finally ready to go in both of us opened our doors and walked into the store.

"Be right back.."  Lexi called, heading torwards the restroom.

Looking up, I grinned.  "I thought you had to get some Excedrin?"

Lexi shot me another look and kept walking.

Turning away from Lex, I wandered up and down a couple of snack aisles before glancing over at the counter and seeing a tall, well-built man looking in my direction.  Dressed in tight black jeans and a white sleeveless top, I shot him a seductive smile and winked at him.

Leaning over the counter, the guy motioned me over with his finger. 

Boy certainly didn't play hard to get.

Shooting him another smile my heels clicked against the hard floor and I walked past the drink coolers, popcorn machine, and hot dog stand until I was standing in front of the counter.  Twirling my hair between my fingers I leaned forward until he was only a couple of inches away and batted my eyelashes. 

"Yes?"

"Janet?"

Lexi's voice sounded a few aisles away from behind me.  Raising my free hand in the air I snapped letting her know where I was at and kept my eyes on the cashier.

"Say"  He whispered, licking his lips and glancing down at my breasts.  "You got a phone number?"

Handing me a pen I grabbed it from him and smiled.  "Depends.  You got a girlfriend?"

He shook his head no.

"There you are"  Lexi perkily called, stopping beside me.  "You about ready to go?"

Scribbling my name and phone number on his hand, I saw Lexi pick up a magazine out of the corner of my eye.

"Just a sec Lex."

I handed the pen back to the clerk and he glanced down at his hand and smiled.  Shooting him one final look I turned around and glanced at Lex.

"Okay, now I'm ready."

Lexi's mouth hung open, and her arms were shaking.  Concerned I noticed her face had gone completely pale.  Placing a hand on her shoulder, I moved closer to her and peaked inside the magazine to see what had startled her.

No.

Staring back at both of us was a picture of Michael and Megan kissing with a caption that read " Meet the girl behind the scenes that has actually captured his heart."  Furious, I grabbed the magazine out of lexi's hands and tossed it across the room.

"Let's go."

Tears began coursing down her face.  The cute guy I had been flirting with a moment ago forgotten, I wrapped an arm around Lexi's waist and led her out the door.

"Lex it was probably photoshopped.  We'll get to the bottom of it."

Unable to speak, Lexi moved in a trance out the doors and to the car.  Greg's face showed confusion and concern as he opened the door for her.  Guiding her into the seat I bent down, placed her feet in the car, and buckled her in.

"...She ok?"

Glancing over at Greg I nodded slightly and turned back to look at Lex.  Sitting completely still, the only sign that Lexi was even conscious was the tears brimming in her eyes and coursing down her cheeks. 

When was this all going to end?

Michael had been hit left and right with allegations recently.  Not sure how much more either one of them could take I ignored the feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me this wasn't going to go away anytime soon.  Walking to the other side of the car I got in.

"Greg, tell Michael we've got an emergency and to cancel the rest of his day."

Greg's eyes wide, he glanced from me to his phone uncertainly.

"But..."

In no mood to argue, I gave him a stern look.  "Do it.  Tell him to meet us at Neverland in thirty minutes."

"I don't think-"

Shooting him another glare, I turned around in my seat and grabbed the cell phone.   Shooting Michael a quick text I glanced up at Greg and tossed it back in his lap.

"Alright then."  Turning back around I buckled my seat belt.  "Let's go."

 

Chapter End Notes:



The picture in the magazine