- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Two Months Later
Neverland


Sunlight streamed into my bedroom window. 

Allowing my eyes to adjust to the light, I glanced over to my right to see that Michael was already gone.

Letting out a disappointed sigh, I yawned and leaned my head back against my pillow.

The last month had been incredible.

Spending tons of time together, Michael and I had spent the majority of the last month reconnecting from the time lost. 

Sharing the worries, the fears he hadn't been able to discuss with me before Michael had lightened his schedule and taken some time off for us to deal with all of the impending stress.

Which we had both needed. Desperately.

"Lexi?"

Michael's voice filled the doorway and, lifting myself up on the bed from my elbows I looked towards the doorway and smiled, seeing Michael, hair disheveled and shirtless in plaid blue pajama bottoms walking towards me with a silver tray.

"I thought you could use some breakfast."

Smiling at his thoughtfulness, I patted the spot next to me on the bed and he climbed in.  Laying the tray down next to me he leaned in for a kiss.

"Thank you" I whispered against his lips, inhaling the scent of French toast.

"Mmm...no thank YOU Miss Adams.  That kiss MORE than makes up for it. Eat and get dressed.  We are going to spend the day together."

My heart skipped a beat and Michael leaned back, smiled, and hopped off the bed.

"I'll be back in a bit."

______________________________________________________________________
A Few Hours Later

That witch was going to pay.

Memories burned in my subconscious and, feeling the intense and rage swell up within me again I resisted the urge to punch my fist through the window and stayed low beneath the bushes, peaking through the glass pane from below.

"Michael....what are you doing?"  

"Michael NO!!!"

Squeals of laughter streamed through the window.  Griping my fingers tight into a fist I closed my eyes and cursed beneath my breath. Birds chirped above me and hummingbirds buzzed happily around the lush mansions landscaping.  Inhaling the scent of roses in full bloom my hatred intensified. Narrowing my eyes into slits I shoved a strand of hair behind my ears and crept closer to the window, careful not make a noise and risk detection. 

She would not get away again.

In disgust I watched Lexi flip her long blonde hair over her shoulder.  Michael's face lit up as he chucked, drawing her into him for a kiss.  Letting out an indignant squeal both of their heads shot curiously over to the window and I crouched down quickly, my heart beating quickly from the near discovery.

I needed to get out of here. Now.

Shoving my way through the bushes I let my intense hatred and adrenaline carry me quickly through the lush garden landscaping and to the small hidden area I had entered from earlier. 

It hadn't worked before.

But it would work this time.

I was going to destroy her.
_______________________________________________________________________

"Michael...."

Ignoring my feeble protests Michael's arms wrapped tighter against my waist and I melted against him, relishing the feeling of him being close.

"I still say there was someone out there."


Pressing a kiss to my head Michael peaked down at me from above.  Hooking my chin with his finger Michael's dark brown eyes searched my face, his browns knit together in concern.

"Lex....we're okay.  You don't have to constantly keep looking over your shoulder."

Letting out a small sigh, I resisted the urge to share the information I had learned a few months back.  Deciding not to let my worries ruin the afternoon together I smiled, letting my hands caress Michael's back.

"I guess your right."

Removing his hands from my waist, Michael's arms swooped down to my knees.  My hair fell behind my shoulders as Michael lifted me into his arms.  Wrapping both of my arms around his neck the silver bangles around my wrist jingled I gently moved a wisp of hair from his eyes.

"I love you Lexi Grace.  I can't wait to spend our lives together."


____________________________________________________________________

Snuggling deeper into the couch, I shifted the cell phone against my shoulder and leaned into Michael.

"We'll get it done Janet, don't worry."

Michael glanced down at me and raised his eyebrows.  "Is that Janet?"

Nodding my head yes, Michael quickly snatched the phone from my ear and quickly started bickering with his sister.

"Hello? Janet what is your- No....You want to do WHAT at my wedding?  Janet...Lexi said-No listen...."

Giving Michael a cheeky grin, Michael gave me an incredious look and made a crazy motion for Janet with his finger.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the familial tree..." I whispered, receiving a pillow to the face as a response.

"Hey!"

Michael chucked another one at my head, and laughing I moved out from underneath his arm and climbed onto his lap.

"Michael...Joseph!"

The phone fell from Michael's hand as he swung us down onto the couch, and as he came to land on top of me I shifted underneath him and rolled off the couch.

"How did you-"

Before Michael had a chance to finish his sentence I hurled a pillow at his head startling him.  Letting out a squeal my socks padded against the floor and I raced to the hallway, escaping him.

"Your going to pay for that!"

Michael's voice echoed loudly from the hall and, giggling I raced through the kitchen and out the back door. 

My feet landed in something warm and sticky.

What the heck?

My breathing heavy I stopped in my tracks and looked down to my feet, horrified to see a mangled animal on the front porch.  Letting out a loud scream I heard Michael's footsteps close in behind me.

"Lexi! Are you okay?!"

Michael's arms protectively closed in around me as he searched for the source of my panic.  Feeling the soft cotton of my nightshirt against my arm as I pointed down towards the animal Michael's head jerked down abruptly.

"Is that a cat?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I shook remembering the noise I had heard earlier by the window. 

Was it connected?

Letting his arms slip from my waist Michael bent down and lovingly pulled the nasty socks from my feet and dropped them down on the concrete. 

"Come on baby let's get you cleaned up.  I'm sure some animal just got ahold of it.  It was probably a stray."

My eyes searched the darkness, and the muggy silence was intimidating as I slowly turned, allowing Michael to lead me inside.

"I guess....maybe your right."