- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello again! :)

I promise to get as many visual images of the characters up here as possible. My computer just wants to act kind of retar-tar lately. -___- But I promise, they'll get here soon. <3

 

Santana POV

“-And he even kissed MY hand! Goodness, his lips were so soft.” My dad studied me from across the kitchen counter as he sipped his coffee. One eyebrow raised in disbelief.

“Un-huh...right.”

Dad, you HAVE to believe me! Give me one good reason why I would be making this up?” He wasn’t buying it.

“The same reason you told your friends that you used to have a British accent. Which we both know, was a lie.” He laughed then removed himself from the situation and went into the living room to turn on the 10 O’clock News. It kind of hurt to know that my own father wasn’t believing me. I definitely didn’t expect that from him of all people. But I mean, it’s my father. He’s never going to want to swallow the fact that any man has caught my interest. I guess it’s because I’ve always been his little tomboy of a daughter.

“Alright dad, you don’t have to believe me. My cell phone will make you believe.” I caught his attention.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, he should be calling me sooner or later, you dummy. I gave him my number and he promised to call.” Ok, maybe he didn’t ‘promise’ but I had to give him an idea of what he needed to be expecting.

“Yeah yeah, ok. Hey, by the way your agency called and said they’re going to need to set another day to shoot. Your photographer is out sick with the flu.”

“Oh, poor Raymond. Alright, I’ll call em’ later. Thanks pop. Love you.” I went over to where he was sitting and gave him a kiss on the cheek when I noticed they mentioned Michael’s name and the word ‘Seattle’ to go along with it. My attention was with the screen.

“See dad! I told you! Turn it up, Turn it up!” He grabbed the remote quickly and increased the volume.

“Yes Tina, it’s been said that the King of Pop-Michael Jackson has been spotted in Seattle around 6:00 this afternoon and was said to be having deep conversation with the upcoming Seattle born model, Santana Farr. Sources say he was without bodyguards and was completely at risk of anything happening to him. The two stars were having a 7 minute conversation and there was an exchange of numbers, but as by-passers seemed to notice who he was, the conversation ended. Could Santana and Jackson be having a secret affair?”

My dad and I watched in silence as they flashed a few of my photos and a few of Michael’s in the same report. I felt slightly honored, slightly confused. The bottom line, I had made my point. I also rest my case.

“BOOYEAH! I TOLD YOU DAD!! I should make you pay me for not believing me in the first place!” I danced around, held out my hand in his face and watched him reach into his pocket only to pull out a dime and place it in my hand. I stopped in the middle of my running man to give him the stale face.

“What is this?” No expression was shown as I held the lousy dime in my fingers.

“My ‘I-Should-Have-Believed-You money. Keep it up champ.” He got up and patted me on the back. “Oh, and are you two in a secret affair?” He turned around and asked me before walking back to the kitchen. His expression was looking rather serious. He was plain ole’ nosy.

“No dad.” I said while throwing the dime at his back.

Ding Dong

“You better add it to your piggy bank or something! You know you’re BROKE!” My dad shouted as I went to answer the door. It was no surprise when I saw my other best friend, who lived two houses down, standing on my porch with a tub full of ice cream and another filled with cookie dough. Veronica Meade.

We had been best friends since 1st grade and we practically grew up together through everything. We always had each other’s backs and we’ve grown so close and have gotten to the point where we don’t have to say anything to know what we’re talking about. It was all about expressions. By looking at the items in her hand, she was telepathically telling me, “OMG WE’RE HAVING A GIRLS NIGHT AND WE’RE GOING TO TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING BECAUSE I DEFINITELY JUST SAW THE NEWS!”

I smiled and grabbed the cookie dough to free one of her hands so she could wave at my dad. “We have to talk. My room. Now.”

“Of course we do!” We both ran upstairs.

“Hey Mr. Farr!” She yelled and waved to my dad who just laughed at the both of us. He knew we were dangerous when together. He always just left us alone unless we needed a ride somewhere, which was rare because we usually walked everywhere.

SLAM!

She chucked a spoon at me and we both went in for the kill.

“Careful!” I shouted as she went to hop on my bed. My phone was crushed under huge bottom, I even heard her butt press some buttons. I got scared. She looked around and then realized what she had done.

“Oh, girl. Calm down. Your phone’s alright.” She tossed the phone on my pillow then looked back at me with a grin.

“Talk.” She demanded and on I went.

Michael POV

Riiiiiing! Riiiiiiiing! Riiiin-

Fresh out of the shower, I fixed my appearance and played with my curls until they sat in front of my face the way they usually do. A few minutes later, I was sitting wrapped up in a blanket watching the rain drops race each other on the outside of my hotel window and waited patiently for Santana to, hopefully, answer her phone. I wasn’t sure what she could’ve been doing but I’m a very understanding guy so if she couldn’t get to her phone, it was okay. Although, I did want to speak with her again and see if we could maybe arrange lunch or something. I needed a break from my hectic life and a break from my team of life-savers. I needed a chance at real life.

I looked at the number she gave me on the sheet of paper again and wondered. Did she set me up? The thought saddened me and I got ready to hang up a miracle happened.

Finally, after the second time of calling her number, I got an answer. I got excited and mustered up some courage to speak. I cleared my throat briefly.

“Hello?” Santana?” I didn’t get a fast response but I did hear a voice.

“Talk!” I heard on the other line of the phone.

“Uhm, I’m sorry…should I call back lat-“I was interrupted when I heard another voice speak. I listened closely.

“Well, I mean, what do you want me to say?” That sounded more like her than the first voice did. If that was Santana, then who did the first voice belong to? Whoever it was, it told me that she was talking to someone else, not me. I listened once more and a little more closely.

“I want you to tell me EVERYTHING! Don’t act stupid! How did this happen out of nowhere?”

“It wasn’t actually as romantic as the news made it sound. We met because we accidentally bumped into each other, causing me to spill stuff and ruin my outfit.”

I listened as Santana explained how we met. I could only assume she was talking to a close friend. At the moment, I felt so obligated to hang up because I didn’t want to be accused of eavesdropping, but what if she was tricking me? Oh, listening a little longer won’t hurt anybody.

“and then what?” The friend said.

Girl, to be completely honest, I was too mad to talk. I thought I was going to hurt him at first, until I realized it wasn’t all his fault. I had to walk away from it and was almost gone until I heard him speak up and apologize to me. I didn’t think he was going to.”

I gasped quietly trying not to make any obvious noises on the phone. I didn’t know she had intentions on hurting me. Wow, that kind of hurt to know. But hey, I don’t think I would’ve acted too calm either. The feeling was mutual; the only difference was I wouldn’t have hit a female. Never in a million would I have thought about laying a harmful finger on Santana in any situation.

Girl shutup, you wouldn’t have done shit!” Her friend said in such disbelief. I thought it was kind of cute.

“Ugh, you’re right. I wouldn’t just hit a complete stranger. Anyway, once I calmed down and started talking to him I kind of freaked for the first 15 seconds and then realized that I should show him that I’m not one of those crazy females that he often runs into. Ya know? I had to prove I was different, which I am.”

“Yeah, I hear you on that. Even though, I would’ve acted like a damn fool. You seemed to have held it together pretty well.”

“Yeah. It kind of sucks though because my dad wasn’t believing me until he saw the news. He’s so pigheaded sometime. But anyway, I did something a little crazy before we separated, V.”

“What’d you do, Tana?”

I was listening so hard as if I was in the room with them. In a way, I kind of was I was only in a small device.

I…uh…I gave him my number and he could call anytime now.” I could hear her smiling through her words as I listened to her outlandish friend squealing.

NO WAY!! OH MY GOSH WHERE IS YOUR PHONE?! YOU NEED TO CHECK! HE COULD’VE CALLED!”

I panicked! Someone was about to pick up the phone and discover that I was on it the whole time. Eavesdropping.

“Oh no. Where’s the ‘End Call’ button?” I mumbled to myself. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get to it fast enough and heard a voice on the other end.

Tana, I think I accidentally answered a call when I sat on your phone….Hello?”

“Ask who it is.” I heard Santana say in the background. I didn’t know whether to reply or hang up like a coward and call back later when it was just Santana and I. But what if I never get this chance again?

“Hi, is Santana Farr available?”

“Yes, she’d like to know who’s calling.”

“Tell her it’s Michael.”

“JACKSON?!?!” She screamed in the phone.

“Yes, may I speak to her?”

Oh yes! May I just say that I love you and what you do SO much! Here’s Santana.”

“Why thank you! I love you more.” I was being directed to Santana. I heard her friend shout in the background, “It’s Him! Michael on the phone! Don’t fuck up!”

Gosh, all this screaming and language was giving me a headache.

“Uhm, Hello?”

“Hey, did I call at a bad time?”

“No, not at all. Hold on one second.”

“Yeah, sure.” I bit my lip anxiously as I waited.

VV, I need you to leave for a minute. I’ll call you back when I’m done. Promise. Thank You.”

“Okay, I’m back. So I guess you made it to the hotel in one piece.” She giggled.

“Yeah, it was a tough task, but I made it.”

“I see, well that’s good to know. Oh goodness, this is so unreal.” I heard her sigh.

“Yeah, I usually don’t call anybody on their personal phone. I usually don’t call them period. I worry too much about them plotting against me if anyone ever got my number.”

“Oh, so this isn’t your real number?” She sounded disappointed.

“Well, no. It’s a blocked number from the hotel. But maybe, if we got to know each other a little better, I’d be more than happy to give you my personal number. It would have to stay between us though; you can’t let anyone else know you have this connection with me. Is that’s okay?”

Maybe I had gone a little too far on that one.

“Of course that’s okay. I’d be more than happy to hold any kind of conversation with you, whether we’re texting or talking like this.” I let out a relieved sigh.

“Aw, thanks. I’m really happy to have met you, girl. Ya know, I’d love to meet up with you again sometime soon. You are such a beautiful woman and I feel very fortunate in your presence.”

“Michael, shutup. You don’t mean that.” We both laughed. I loved how down to earth this girl was.

“Of course I do. I mean anything I say, which leads me to a question that I’d like to ask.”

“Oh? Alright then, so what’s your question?” Her voice was so cute and had a hint of curiosity.

“I, uhm, I’m not going to be in Seattle too much longer, so I was wondering if you’d like to meet up and have lunch somewhere before I leave.”

There was a long silence. Did she hang up on me?

“Hello?”

“Oh yeah, I’m here. Did you say sum?”

“Oh c’mon girl. Don’t make me repeat myself.” I hated repeating myself. It was hard enough to just ask her because I was afraid of rejection.

“I heard you, Michael.” She giggled and I blew in relief. “I will be more than happy to have lunch with you before you leave. Just give me a date, time, and place.”

“Oh boy! Well, it wouldn’t be in my place to tell a woman where to be and what to do. Why don’t you pick where we go since you know Seattle better than I do.”

“Oh okay! How about we get our lunch from the drive-thru at McDonalds and come back to my house and hang-out. It’s probably better that way rather than eating in public and everyone spoiling our time together. Is that okay?” For once, someone had taken me into consideration and thought our date through carefully. She did it so I wouldn’t have to get hassled. That was so sweet of her. This girl was unreal.

“Awh, how sweet are you? Thank you so much for thinking that way. I was just thinking about how I was supposed to eat in public without getting shot by a camera. I really thank you for that, Santana.”

“Hey, don’t sweat it. I want us both to have a good time before you leave. So since I set up the place, I want you to come up with the day and time.”

“No, I can’t-“

“Michael.” She begged.

“Okay fine.” She giggled. “How about tomorrow at 5:30, I seem to be free then.” I suggested.

“Perfect.” She said in a low tone. It was so beautiful.

“Perfect!” I repeated in assurance.

“Well Michael, since it’s already 11:30, I’ve gotta find something to wear for tomorrow so I’ll see you then! I’ll meet up with you in the parking lot of McDonalds and then we’ll go to my place from there.”

“Okay, beautiful. I can’t wait. See ya then!”

“Bye Michael!”

“Bye Santana!”

Click.

I threw the phone on my pillow and went to my suitcase to pick out some clothes for tomorrow. It took me a minute but I found something that I thought would do the trick. It wasn’t too dressy, nor was it too casual. It was just in the middle. I hoped she’d like it.

Lost in the moment, I picked up my phone and called Janet to tell her about my amazing adventure until I fell asleep. I swear, I don’t know what I’d do without Janet. My“Dunk”.

Santana’s POV

I walked over and opened my closet and immediately started throwing clothes everywhere but was startled when I heard three loud knocks on my door.

“Are you done yet?”

I had forgotten to let VV back in. Oh goodness.

I opened the door, pulled her in, looked around to make sure my dad wasn’t listening or anywhere near and closed the door back.

“What Happened?”

“We arranged lunch!” We jumped on each other like retards bouncing around the room.

“When?!”

“Tomorrow at 5:30!”

We bounced around some more until we got tired and had to take a break on the bouncing and junk.

“Well, what are you gonna wear girl?!” Good question.

“Well, good thing I have you over here. Help me!”

“I shouldn’t have to help you with anything. You’re the model! You know how this stuff works.”

We immediately started rummaging through my personal Narnia and began piecing things together. By all the bouncing we were doing earlier, I guess my dad got a little worried and came upstairs to check on us. Maybe he thought we got into a fight or something.

“Are you two alright?” I heard him ask from outside my door.

I rushed to the door and snatched him inside my room for a moment. I had to tell him that I was having company over tomorrow.

“Daddy, Michael is coming over for lunch tomorrow and we have to be on our best behavior!” I was panicking now.

“Woah, shouldn’t it be the other way around? He should be behaving, this is our house Santana. You forgot?”

He was right.

“No, you’re right. Anyway, we’re gonna grab some food from McDonalds first then come back home to chill before he leaves Seattle.”

“Ok, it shouldn’t be a problem. Just be safe when you’re walking to McDonalds. As a matter of fact, take Veronica with you. The buddy system thing.”

I looked back at Veronica whose face was glowing with a huge grin spread across it. She gathered her things then got up and began to walk out.

“Where are you going?!” I asked.

“Home. I gotta pick out my outfit for tomorrow. See ya Mr. Farr. See you tomorrow, Tana girl!” She laughed then rushed out. I slammed my door.

“She’s only good for the moment.” I mumbled to myself.

“Well,” My dad spoke up, “clean this mess up and straighten up the house before you go to bed. Don’t forget to clean the kitchen and have the house looking spotless for Michael tomorrow.” He opened my door and began to walk back downstairs.

“Yeah sure dad. Thanks!”

After finally finishing all of my chores, I showered and dived in my bed. I checked my phone for the final time of the night to make sure I didn’t have any messages from Michael or something. There were no messages from him; however, I did have a message from Veronica. I was too sleepy to read it or even text back. I decided to just get back with her in the morning.

Right now, I needed my beauty sleep.

Chapter End Notes:

This is Santana Farr. Le Model! This is also what she picked out to wear on the lunch date.