- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello! :)

This is my first story and I thought I'd make it worth reading. I can't really explain it but I have a feeling you'll like it.

Of course since this is only chapter one, it's gonna suck but I promise the rest will be a nice adventure. ^.^

 

“OH NO!” The only words I heard from the stranger in front of me before everything in my arms went sailing to the ground.

 “Dude, what the hell?!” I screeched at the top of my lungs as I whipped around. It was only 6:00 or so and I could’ve sworn at least 1,000 horrible things had already occurred. Each one happening back to back and I couldn’t seem to catch a break. I was only 20; I didn’t have time for this crap! My positive thoughts of the day were going directly down the toilet and I was on the brink of crying. I rolled my eyes, sucked it up, blew the strands of hair out of my face then looked down and noticed my purse on the ground with all of the contents spilled out and also noticed that my fruit smoothie, which was oh so tasty, had gotten all over me and stained my outfit. Fuming with rage, I slowly looked back up only to see the stranger that caused this commotion staring back at me. The look on his face was very apologetic and he looked as if he wanted to say something but was scared that I would completely annihilate him.  

Gosh, I didn’t mean to scare him; although, he slightly scared me at first.

I was wet and was also beginning to feel a draft from the cool Seattle weather. All I could think about was getting home so I could shower! I mean, I guess the only reason I was still standing in the situation is because I was waiting for an apology or something of the sort. I got nothing but an apologetic stare. It made me feel a little bad for cursing at him but I had no time to give sympathy to someone I didn’t even know. I had better things to do, like get this mess off of me. So instead of just standing there like an idiot and making a scene for the cars passing us by, I gathered my things and began to walk away. Before I got too far away, I heard a soft voice speak up.

 Finally.

“Ma’am, I am SO sorry! I didn’t mean to inconvenience you at all. I should’ve been watching where I was going. Please forgive me; I’ll even have my assistants buy you a new suit if that’s what you’d like. Just please, forgive me, I truly didn’t mean it.”

I stopped where I was and smiled. I could tell his apology was sincere. That’s all I wanted, an apology. So I found some strength in me and turned around to walk back toward the man. His voice was so soft and sweet, but a little shaken up. The funny thing though, I know I’ve heard this voice somewhere before because it sounded way too familiar. The way this guy was dressed gave me even more of a hint than the voice. It was, more than likely, someone important, but the mask on his face was blocking my intelligence from figuring it out. I thought that maybe it could be my wildest dream and turn out to be someone like Michael Jackson. This guy sure did look like him! But as a brought myself back to reality, I thought how I’d never get that lucky. I’m just a small girl in this big seaside town who’ll never get the chance. I’ll just accept it. It wasn’t Michael. What would he be doing in Seattle anyway? Psh, silly me!

 As I got close enough to the guy, I spoke words as calmly as I could. I wasn’t even really as angry as I was a minute ago. To be honest, the majority of my anger had left.

“Oh, don’t stress it. It’s ok. I mean, accidents do happen, right?” I came at him with a warm smile; at least I hope it looked that way. I held out my hand hoping he would meet it halfway with his.

“I’m Santana. Santana Farr. I’m sorry for being rude earlier also. I hope you can excuse that.” I giggled at myself the way people usually do when they’re trying to make polite conversation. By the way his beautiful brown eyes lit up, I could only guess that he was smiling at me underneath the mask. He swiftly yet smoothly stuck his hand out and slipped it into mine. I didn’t expect anything more than a firm handshake, instead I stood there, in slight shock, and watched as he pulled down the mask and kissed the back of my hand. I instantly blushed to death.

Just who I thought it was.” I thought to myself and smiled.

 It’s not every day that things like this happen to me! He’s probably expecting me to act like a schizophrenic fan girl, probably just like every other female he’s ran into. Well, that wasn’t me. I know how to make long lasting impressions on people, whether they were the world’s biggest star or not. I can act a fool and lose my cool when I get home! ;)

His POV

      Being perfectly honest here, I will admit that I wasn’t thinking when I let loose my mask. That might’ve been the worst mistake that I’ve made all day. No, the mistake was walking the streets of Seattle without my crew. I was almost certain that I was about to get eaten alive. I tensed up instantly as soon as we made legitimate eye contact and waited for her to start jumping all over me and telling me how much she loved me. You know how it goes.

Just stay still and it’ll all be over.”  I thought and braced myself as I shut my eyes.

About 15 seconds went by and I was untouched. Clean. She hadn’t even tapped me to see if I was really in front of her. Instead, I opened my eyes and saw her laughing at me. Her laugh and smile was so gorgeous but what was so funny? Was she laughing at me? Did I just make a mockery of myself? What did I do?

“Uhm, are you alright there?” She asked me in joking yet worried tone.

“Yes, I’m fine thanks, but are YOU okay?”

“I’m totally fine. What do you mean by that?”

“It’s just... usually... anyone I meet, especially a female-“

“Oh, it’s because I’m not all over you and acting desperate because you’re Michael Jackson, isn’t it?” She had a slight grin on her face. This girl was good. As soon as she said that I immediately gained so much more respect for her for acting like I wasn’t anyone important. Although, we all knew that I was kind of a big deal. I could tell she was one of those ‘keep it real’ type females. I’ve always wanted that in a girl.

“No no! Well, yeah I guess. I don’t want to sound cocky or anything, but I’m just so used to it happening every single time I have an encounter with a fan. I can never just meet someone who acts calm and collected. You’re the first and I think I like this way better.” A smile crept across my face and she looked in disbelief.

“I am NOT the first one. Don’t lie now.”

“No really, you are.”

“Stop playin’.” She gave me a smirk.

“I never started...”

“Wow. That’s so crazy. But then again, you are who you are so it doesn’t surprise me TOO much.” We both laughed.

 “Yeah, it gets insanely annoying if you’re not used to it like I am. Then again, I guess you could say I’m very grateful for it all.” She smiled.

“You know something?”

“Yes?”

“You’re so much more different in person than you are on TV.”  

“Is that a good thing?” With confusion written across my forehead, I looked at her. She laughed once again.

“Yes, I mean you’re more open and down to earth I guess. I’m really glad I got the cha-…oh great.” She cut off her sentence.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, it’s just…” She pointed upward signaling to look toward the cloudy gray skies. It was about to rain. I looked back at her as she began to scramble through her purse for something. I had never really noticed the clothes she was wearing until now. Wow, I really liked her look. I wonder if this type of wardrobe was an everyday thing for her. Not to mention her hair, it was really cute and curly and fit around her face perfectly. I was guessing that was its natural state. Either way, it looked right on her.

“Here you go.” She stuffed a tiny slip of paper in my pocket and put her pen back in her purse. ”I usually don’t give my number to just anybody but just by our small conversation, you seem like a loyal person to have and a good vibe to be around.” She was trying to talk quickly and back away at the same time as the rain began to pour harder. Our time together was ending.

“Ok…great! Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it! Same goes for you. By the way, I really like the way you’re dressed. I’ve been meaning to tell you that before our conversation ends.” I noticed myself starting to kind of yell since she was a good distance away from me now and still moving further. I figured I’d start to do the same and make my way back to the hotel I was staying in. My crew was going to kill me if they knew I was out completely by myself.

“Oh, thanks! Even thought you kind of ruined it!” She shouted over the loud thunder that had started up. “Call me later, okay? It was so nice meeting you Michael! I’ll always remember this day!” She smiled and waved goodbye. I happily returned the wave and smile then watched as she completely turned to run home.

The rain began to pour hard so I tied my mask back around my face and ran to shelter myself. As quickly as I could, I dodged screaming fans. Even in the pouring rain, I can’t catch a break from the public. Woe is definitely me. Beside everything else that had happened today, I was anxious and ready to talk to her again.

“Santana” I thought. “Such a beautiful name.”

Santana’s POV

     “Hey dad! I’m home!” I shouted while running upstairs to my bedroom. I had to get these clothes off of me before I drowned in all the wetness. But hey, it is Seattle. The rain over here is constant. What could I possibly expect?

“Hey Tana! You better not be making tracks with your wet shoes!”

Damnit...”

“Sorry, I’ll clean em’ up. Promise! I’ve got news I have to tell later too!” I shouted then shut my door. My dad was my best friend. We’ve been through everything together, we tell each other everything and he was there for me to make up for all the years that my mom wasn’t. Hell, who needs her?

Before I got in the shower, I walked over to my bookshelf and carefully chose my blue and purple diary that my father got for me when I was a just little girl. I ran and jumped on my bed and while lying on my wet stomach, I grabbed the pen that held the place of the last entry and began to write.

October 12, 1982.

Dear Diary,

You won’t believe what happened to me today…

Chapter End Notes: