- Text Size +
Denise could hardly contain her excitement. She looked around the set and took in everything. Everyone was buzzing with activity. She couldn’t believe Elizabeth had actually called. Denise had almost hung up when the efficient sounding woman told her Elizabeth wanted her to come to a movie set to attend to her makeup needs. But after the woman provided address information and sent over a copy of the looks Elizabeth wanted to work on, she shook herself out of her dream state. This was it! This was exactly what she had been waiting on. She quickly made her way across the set and walked up to a young lady carrying a clipboard. “Excuse me. Can you tell me where Elizabeth Taylor’s trailer is?” The woman looked at her with a quizzical expression. “Elizabeth Taylor? She doesn’t have a trailer here. Who are you looking for?” Denise was confused. “Um, I got a call from her people saying to meet her here. Did I come to the wrong set?” Denise nervously bit her lip while she waited for the woman to check her clipboard. This all couldn’t have been a joke, could it? Or did Elizabeth change her mind. Then the woman looked up and smiled. “I’m sorry. I didn’t realize she was on the list as a guest of Mr. Jackson’s. She’s in his trailer. Right that way.” Denise stood with wide eyes. “What did you say? She’s a guest of who?” The woman raised an eyebrow and chuckled. “Oh, you didn’t know. This is the set of some short film called Captain Eo. Michael Jackson is starring in it. So Ms. Taylor is visiting him and hanging out in his trailer. You can’t miss it. Go ahead.”

The woman walked away and Denise took a deep breath. Michael Jackson? Today couldn’t get any better! She hurried across the set until she located the trailer. She was a little surprised. She didn’t know what she expected, but it certainly wasn’t this nondescript structure. Maybe it looked better on the inside. Denise cautiously knocked, praying she wasn’t going to faint when the door opened. When if finally did swing open, she looked up into Nadine’s unsmiling eyes. Nadine spoke in a sticky sweet voice. “I was starting to wonder when you’d get here. I was getting worried. You know how I am about being late.” Denise glared at her and answered. “I wasn’t aware I was late. I was told to be here by 11 am and it just is 10:55.” Nadine moved aside and let Denise in. “But you know how it is in the movie biz. Early is on time, on time is late, and late is fired. Isn’t that right Ms. Taylor?” Elizabeth looked up from where she was sitting on a couch and removing her earrings. “She’s right dear. Although, anyone can be excused their first time. Did you bring everything?” Denise blushed as Nadine smirked at her as Elizabeth continued removing her jewelry. “Yes, I did. I can get started whenever you want.” Elizabeth clapped her hands in glee. “Good. I love a good round of dress up. I’ve got a new commercial I’ll be shooting in a few weeks and I want to look my best. I loved what you did a few weeks ago.” Denise smiled. “Well, it was really easy working on you. I had such a good base to start with.” Elizabeth giggled like a school girl. “Oh, you learn fast. Keep talking like that and you’ll have no problems here.” Denise cut her eyes at Nadine and went to the small table that was set up beside Elizabeth’s couch. Nadine cleared her throat loudly. “It was really nice of you to invite us to the set Ms. Taylor. Are you sure Michael won’t mind? We won’t be in the way will we?” Elizabeth waved a hand at her. “Of course not. Michael doesn’t know you’re here, but he won’t mind. And you’ll find that he’s more worried about being in your way. Not the other way around.” Nadine smiled. “Good. I wouldn’t want to be a distraction.”

Denise looked over at Nadine. In her skin tight white leggings and her blue shirt falling off one shoulder, she couldn’t be anything but a distraction. She looked down at her own Jordache jeans and plain white t-shirt. She didn’t think it mattered what she wore. But maybe she should have rethought this outfit. Denise sighed and set out her make up. For the next 10 minutes, she watched Nadine style Elizabeth’s hair in an elegant updo. She might not like the girl, but she had to admit that Nadine knew what she was doing. After Nadine was done, Denise stepped in and applied her makeup. When she was done, Elizabeth looked in the mirror, turning her head back and forth. “I like it, but it’s too formal for what I have in mind. Maybe something a little less royal.” Denise nodded and grabbed her cleanser and some cotton swabs. As she was removing Elizabeth’s makeup, she heard the door to the trailer open and shut. She was so engrossed in what she was doing, she didn’t even bother to wonder who it was until they spoke. “Wow, Elizabeth. You look beautiful! Why are you taking it off?” Denise tried desperately to keep her hands from shaking as Elizabeth beamed at whoever was over her shoulder. “Thank you darling, but it’s a bit much for what I want. I want a fresher look. But I must admit, it is good, isn’t it?” Denise slowed her hands as Michael moved closer and peered at Elizabeth’s face. “Yeah. Hey, you’re really good. How did you match her skin tone so closely?” Denise turned her face to his. He was staring at Elizabeth’s face as if he could see the individual chemicals that made up the make up. I could do a lot better on your make up too, she thought. She mentally shook herself to keep from saying that. “It’s easy if you take your time. The trick is not to go for your first choice. Look at it, then make a blend that is one shade darker and one shade lighter. Then make your choice. You’d be surprised at how easy it is.”

Michael nodded and stood up straight. Denise continued removing Elizabeth’s make up. But she was getting shaky. He was much taller than she had expected. And much cuter. Maybe she should have rethought that $25 ticket price. Denise collected herself as Nadine moved closer. “Ms. Taylor, what would you think if I gave you a few hair extensions? Not many. Just enough to give you a nice flowing look?” Elizabeth smiled as Denise finally finished up. “Whatever you think is best. I’m in your capable hands.” Nadine flashed a smile and bent over to rummage in her supply case. Denise caught Michael’s eyes roaming over Nadine before he blushed and looked away quickly. Oh well, I guess he’s just a typical guy. Denise glanced over at Elizabeth and saw a twinkle in her eye as she looked at Michael. Now what was that all about? Denise shrugged slightly to herself and settled back into the chair in front of Elizabeth. Nadine stood and pulled a few bundles of hair out of her bag. “Eureka! I knew I had the right color in here!” Michael giggled. “Wow! It looks like a ferret or something!” Nadine giggled coyly. “I had never noticed that before. Great observation. But don’t you worry. By the time I finish attaching this ferret to Ms. Taylor’s hair, she will be the belle of the ball.” Denise rolled her eyes as both Michael and Elizabeth giggled. “My dear, I will settle for being the maid at the ball. But if you say it, I believe it. So how do we use these?”

Nadine fished in her bag again and Denise caught Michael looking again. Not only was he the typical guy, but he apparently enjoyed getting an eye full. Nadine produced a few black clips. “I’m not going to put very many in. Just enough to give you an extra inch or two.” Michael leaned over and hugged Elizabeth. “I have to go back on set. I just wanted to make sure you were ok in here. But I see you’re having fun so I’ll get out of the way. Too much girl stuff going on in here.” Denise almost retched when Nadine tittered and Michael blushed. Give me a break. Michael waved at them. “It was nice meeting you ladies.” Elizabeth gasped. “Oh my, where are my manners? Michael, this is Denise. As you’ve already witnessed, she does wonders with a little foundation and eye shadow.” Denise stared down at her feet as she took the hand he offered. “Nice to meet you Denise.” Denise mumbled something, but she wasn’t sure what. His hand wasn’t huge, but it swallowed hers and it was soft. Another thing she didn’t expect. Elizabeth continued. “And this lovely lady is Nadine. I haven’t told her yet, but I’m considering hiring her on as one of my hairstylist. She is certainly talented. Besides, with this much beauty around, I may be inspired to keep myself up a little more.” Denise watched Michael reach out and shake Nadine’s hand. Denise could almost see Nadine’s calculations going on in her eyes. She hoped Michael didn’t fall for her fakeness, but she wouldn’t be surprised if he did. What Nadine wanted, she got. And it was obvious she wanted Michael.

“Nice to meet you too Nadine.” Nadine giggled. “Likewise. I hope this isn’t the last time we cross paths.” Denise watched Michael blush and run his fingers through his hair. Yep, Nadine was about to get her claws into him. When Michael excused himself and exited the trailer, Nadine sighed. “Wow, he certainly is charming, isn’t he? And so handsome. His girlfriend is a very lucky woman.” Elizabeth grinned and Denise was almost convinced that this was no coincidence that they were both here. “Oh, he doesn’t have a girlfriend. Poor thing works so much, he can’t find a decent girl. Isn’t that a shame?” Nadine pouted. “Oh, that’s so sad. He doesn’t need to be alone. Oh well, maybe one day he’ll find someone suitable.” Elizabeth nodded. “Absolutely. Look Nadine, would you mind terribly if I gave Michael your phone number? He has a hair stylist, but he’s always interested in what’s new. I’m sure he could use your services.” Denise tried not to laugh when Nadine dramatically widened her eyes. “Do you think so? Oh, that would be wonderful. Of course you can. Here, let me give you my home number too. I do work after hours and I’d be more than happy to go to where he is.” Denise shook her head. Oh boy, this was going to be interesting.

Michael made his way back to the set. He wasn’t sure if it was this white space suit making him hot, or that girl. Wow, she was pretty. Nadine. And she seemed so sweet. He was pretty sure Elizabeth was up to her old tricks again. But for once he didn’t mind. Maybe he would ask Elizabeth about that girl. It might be worth the effort. He thought about the other girl. Denise. She seemed nice too. And smart. Maybe she wouldn’t mind being friends either. He really wasn’t into the make up thing, but he could appreciate anyone who was knowledgeable about their craft. And if nothing else, she was that. Michael erased those thoughts as he made it back onto the set. It was time to set up for their big dance scene and he wanted to concentrate. Besides, if he knew Elizabeth, she would make sure he got in touch with the girls soon.

----------------------------------------

Michael stared at the card in his hand. He wasn’t exactly sure how to do this. He wanted to go ahead and get it over with, but he was nervous. He felt a hand slowly rub his back. “Oh, don’t be so scared. It’s just a phone call. Believe me, she’ll be thrilled to hear from you.” Michael looked over into Elizabeth’s reassuring eyes. He knew he was being silly. But talking to girls and asking them out was never easy. He took a deep breath and dialed. His heart pounded while he waited for someone to pick up. When he heard the breathy hello, he almost forgot to speak. But he summoned up the courage. “Uh, hi. Is this Nadine?” “Yes, who is this?” the voice murmured. “Uh, this is Michael. We met on set a few days ago.” The voice began to smile. “Oh, Michael! Hi. How are you?” Michael shifted his weight a little and looked to Elizabeth for encouragement. She gestured at him to keep talking. “I’m fine. I just…uh…you know, you really did a good job with Elizabeth. You’ve very talented.” Nadine giggled, causing Michael to blush. “Well, thank you for noticing. Is that why you called? You wanted to compliment my hairstyling?” Michael cleared his throat. “Uh, no. I, uh, I wanted to ask you. Um..if you’re not busy Friday…uh” Michael could hear her smiling wider. “Yes?” Michael found himself stammering. “Well, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind coming over and…..and…..uh…..doing my sister’s hair for me?”

Michael slapped himself in the forehead as the silence on the line grew. “Really? Ok, sure. What time?” Michael looked over at Elizabeth again, who was shielding her eyes and slowly shaking her head. “Time? Uh, 6 o’clock should be fine.” Michael waited while Nadine thought. “Ok. Six is fine. Why don’t we have dinner afterward? It might be nice to hang out. What do you think?” Michael sighed in relief. Finally! He would get to hang out with her, despite botching his attempt to ask her out. “That would be great. I’ll have the cooks come up with something.” Nadine giggled. “Ok, sounds great. Make sure your sister is ready. I can’t wait to get started….and to see you.” Michael blushed, grateful that she couldn’t see that. “Ok, um, bye.” Michael put the phone down and slumped down on the chair beside the end table. “Wow, I really messed that up.” Elizabeth patted his shoulder. “Oh, that wasn’t so bad. At least she’s coming over. You can work on the rest later. After your sister leaves you alone, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know each other.” Michael’s eyes got wide. He hadn’t thought about what would happen once he was alone with her. It’s not like he was scared to be. It was just that, things were always so awkward when he was alone with women. Sure, he had shared some hot kisses and some close calls on a couch or two. But it was always so hard to get the conversation going. He wasn’t sure what he was going to do. Michael chewed on his fingernail as he thought. He needed to think of something fast or else Friday was going to be a disaster.
---------------------------------------------

Denise stood at the gates in awe. Hayvenhurst! This was like a fairy tale! She couldn’t believe she was actually here. When Michael had called and asked her to do his sister’s makeup, she couldn’t say yes fast enough. She couldn’t believe her turn of luck in just the past few weeks. Any more surprises and she may start believing she could do this. She looked around trying to find a way onto the property. As she was looking, a security guard walked up to the gate. “Ma’am, I’m going to have to ask you to step back.” Denise flashed a smile. “Oh, but Michael is expecting me.” The guard smirked. “Sure he is. Like I said, could you step back please?” Denise mentally popped herself. Of course this guy would have heard that a million times. She started over. “I’m sorry. I should have told you my name. I’m Denise Johnson. Michael asked me to come by to see his sister.” The guard walked into a guard station that was all but hidden behind a large bush and returned with a clip board. Denise waited impatiently while he searched for her name. When he looked up, he smiled a little. “Sorry bout that. But we have to be careful around here. Come on in, he’s expecting you.” Denise’s stomach felt like it was filled with butterflies as the gate swung open.

She looked around the expansive grounds as she made her way to the front door. She was glad she had gotten here so early. It would give her a chance to take everything in without making a fool of herself. For once she had taken Nadine’s advice and shown up 20 minutes early. Denise craned her neck to look up at the turrets on the house. It was beautiful. And the fountain was to die for. She had to make sure to call her mother when she got home. She hadn’t told her anything that had been going on, because she didn’t want to be embarrassed if she never heard from Elizabeth or Michael again. But this she had to share. Denise walked up the stone pathway toward the main house. Just as she was about to emerge from behind the large shrubs, she heard Michael’s voice. “Come on, Latoya. Do it for me!” Denise wasn’t sure what was going on, but it seemed like Michael was in distress. She could hear an irritated voice answer him. “No! I don’t need a makeover. Why are you dragging me into this?” Denise knew she shouldn’t eavesdrop, but she couldn’t help it. Michael had called her himself and asked her to come and do this for him. So why did he have to convince his sister? And why was she so against it? “Please Toy. You can’t leave me alone. Just let them do a little something. I promise you they’re good at what they do. You’ll really like it.” “I don’t care how good they are. I can’t believe you hired them! What are you trying to say about my look?”

Denise heard Michael sigh. “Nothing. Your look is fine. But I couldn’t think of anything else to say at the time. So I said come work on my sister. What else was I supposed to do?” Denise was confused. What was going on here? “Why didn’t you just ask her out? That would have been a lot easier.” “I tried, but the words wouldn’t come out. Please. I won’t ask you to do this again. Just this once.” Denise heard a hard sigh. “Alright, fine. But what about the other girl? Why is she here?” “Who, the make up girl? Well, I knew it wouldn’t take long to do your hair and then you would leave. So I asked her to come so I wouldn’t have to be alone with Nadine yet.” Denise’s eyes widened. THAT’S why he invited her over? To sit in between him and Nadine? “Why would you do that, Michael? Is the girl that pretty?” Michael sighed. “Yes. She’s very pretty and she’s so nice. I really like her. I just need some time.” “Well, what about the make up girl?” Denise listened closely. “Who, Denise? She’s ok. I guess she’s pretty. She’s a little frumpy. I like a low maintenance girl, but she’s too plain for my tastes.” Denise looked down at her jeans and t-shirt. Frumpy? She felt the tears well up even as she became boiling mad. How dare he? Who exactly did he think he was? She didn’t care how many albums he had sold, he couldn’t talk about her like that. And the fact that she was just there as a distraction was too much. Before she knew it Denise was barreling around the bush.

“Of all the inconsiderate and mean things I’ve heard in my life, this takes the cake!” The look of surprise on Michael and Latoya’s faces barely registered. It was like something had taken over Denise. “I will have you know, Mr. Jackson, that I am NOT frumpy. I just don’t spend hours every day trying to make myself look like a $2 hooker. And as for your grand plan to have me sit in between you and Nadine, you can forget it. I have never been so insulted in my life. You can just….you can….you can just KISS MY ASS!!!!” Denise started to walk away when something else erupted from her. She turned back around and pointed into Michael’s face. “As for Nadine, I hope you get everything you’re asking for. She’s not what you think she is. But if you’re not going to think with the head on your shoulders, then I’m not going to stand in your way. Good luck!” With that, Denise whirled on her heel and stomped toward the front gate. She had no idea why what he said hurt so much. She knew she was kind of plain. So what if she didn’t wear pounds of make up or too tight clothing? She was a good person and that’s all that should matter. As she made her way to the gate, she saw Nadine flirting with the guard. Typical. As she approached the guard turned and noticed her. “Ma’am, is everything alright?” Denise hurled over her shoulder. “Everything is just fine. Nadine, he’s all yours!” Denise barely noticed the guard opening the gate. She practically ran to her car and threw her things inside. Sitting for a moment, she let angry tears slide down. She then wiped them away. What was she crying for? She had just met him. She shouldn’t let him upset her this way. He wasn’t worth it. She didn’t care who he was.

Michael watched Denise stomp away. He felt ashamed. He hadn’t meant to hurt her feelings. He just wanted a way out of a potentially awkward situation. He felt his face burning. Then he felt a sharp pain as Latoya punched his shoulder. “You jerk! Look at what you did! How could you do something like that?” Michael rubbed his shoulder. “I didn’t mean to. I was just thinking…” Latoya interrupted him. “That’s just it. You weren’t thinking. Oh, you can be so dense sometimes. You were using that poor girl. Well, you’re on your own mister. Run your own interference, I’m going to my room!” Michael watched helplessly as Latoya went inside. What was it about him today that was making all the women around him angry? Michael sighed and tried to come up with something else before Nadine arrived. He began to pace but looked up and noticed Nadine coming around the corner. Wow, she was amazing. She was wearing a jean miniskirt and red shirt tied at the waist. The white shirt peeking out underneath it clung to her skin as she sweated slightly in the sun. And she had captured her long hair in a red headband. He could clearly see her almond shaped eyes. Michael swallowed nervously as she approached.

“Hi Michael. I’m so glad to see you!” Michael accepted the hug she offered, being very careful not to let their lower bodies touch. He didn’t want to let on how much she affected him. She leaned back and smiled. “So, where’s your sister? I’ve got my supplies and I’m ready to get started.” Michael blushed a little as he searched for the words. “Well, actually, she changed her mind. She doesn’t want the make over, so…” He watched Nadine’s eyes flash as she smiled. “So…that means we’re alone?” Michael swallowed again and nodded. “Uh, yeah. At least until lunch is ready.” Nadine placed her hands on her hips and walked a little closer. “So, what do we do in the meantime?” Michael took a step back to put some space in between them. Granted he had only seen her once, but she was acting a little strange. He hadn’t seen this side of her on the set. And he could bet Elizabeth hadn’t either. “Uh, well. I can show you around a little.” Nadine grinned again. “Sure, just let me put my things back in my car. Don’t go away!” Michael watched her turn and head back to the car. He considered her backside as she walked away. He smiled a little. Maybe she was just nervous too. That was it. That’s why she was acting strange. He’d wait out the rest of the day and see how things went.

Twenty minutes later, he was leading a very bored looking Nadine through his personal zoo. “And this is Louie. Isn’t he beautiful?” Nadine stopped examining her nails long enough to look at him. She wrinkled her nose. “Oh God! What is he?” Michael frowned. “He’s a Llama.” Nadine waved a hand before her nose. “Whatever he is, he stinks. Can we move on?” Michael shrugged and kept walking. He was starting to wonder if this had been a good idea. Nadine had done nothing but complain the whole time. Her feet hurt and she was hot. He didn’t tell her to wear those ridiculous heels. He sighed. “Well, we can move on from the zoo. How about I show you the inside of the house?” Nadine seemed to brighten up. “Oh, that would be great. I’d love to see it.” Michael smiled again and led her inside. He stopped and showed her the artwork on the walls and pointed out little characteristics in the house like his favorite window seat. She showed a little bit more enthusiasm about the inside. But it bothered Michael that she kept asking about the price of everything. What did it matter what something cost if it pleased you aesthetically? Michael continued on the tour upstairs. As he walked past Latoya’s room, he saw her peeking out. He stopped. “This is my sister’s room. Latoya, come say hi!” Latoya opened the door and looked Nadine up and down. She barely mumbled hi. Nadine wiggled her fingers. “Hi Latoya. Were you the one getting the makeover today?” Latoya crossed her arms and leaned against her doorframe. “Yes. But I just didn’t feel up to it. I hope I didn’t cause you any inconvenience.” Nadine smiled icily. Michael could tell the two women didn’t like each other. But he wasn’t sure exactly why.

“No, no trouble at all. As a matter of fact, I was enjoying my time with Michael. I’ve been having fun.” Latoya grunted. “I’m glad. Because I have no idea how you would have done my hair in that get up.” Nadine’s eyes widened as Latoya turned to Michael. “I can see exactly what that girl meant now. Good luck.” Michael watched Latoya walk back into his room. He was extremely embarrassed. He had no idea why Latoya was acting that way. He turned to Nadine. “Um, I’m sorry about my sister. I don’t think she’s feeling well.” Nadine smiled a small smile. “Oh, don’t worry about it. It’s nothing. Shall we continue the tour? I’ve seen the rest of the house and Latoya’s room. Where’s yours?” Michael swallowed. “Um, my room? It’s just down the hall here, but…” Nadine walked past him. “Well then, the tour can’t be complete until you show it to me. Come on.” Michael took a deep breath and followed her down the hallway. He guided her to his room and opened the door. He wasn’t sure what Nadine had expected, but he was pretty sure it wasn’t this. To everyone else, his room was a mess. But he knew where everything was, so the mess made sense. It was crammed with his books and stacks of paper that had bits and pieces of songs. The only thing that was neat was his full size bed. And even that was kind of plain. But who cared about stuff like that? It was his room and he liked it. He watched Nadine look around with distaste. Maybe he shouldn’t have brought her in here.

Suddenly Nadine turned and smiled. “Cute. I would have expected something a little more befitting a guy like you, but whatever.” Michael watched her in confusion as she sat on his bed. What did she mean by that? Nadine patted the spot beside her. “Aren’t you going to sit with me?” Michael stared at the spot on the bed for a moment, and then decided to sit down. It couldn’t hurt. He settled down and turned to look at Nadine. She had lowered her eyelids and was leaning toward him slightly. “So, what time do we eat?” Michael glanced at his watch. “Well, we have about an hour before we’ll be ready. I expected you guys to be working on Latoya.” Nadine smiled and leaned closer. “So, what do we do in the meantime?” Michael started to sweat slightly. On the one hand, he was enjoying her flirtation. On the other, she was coming on a little strong. “Uh, I don’t know yet.” Michael jumped when Nadine put her hand on his leg. “Oh, I’m sure you can think of something, right?”
Michael stood still as she leaned in and placed a small kiss on his lips. It was kind of nice and her lips were soft. Michael didn’t normally kiss on the first date, but this was ok. Until she tried to intensify the kiss. She pressed on the back of his head and her other hand was moving higher up his thigh. Michael hurriedly broke the kiss. “What are you doing?” Nadine smiled. “What are you talking about? What do you think I’m doing? We’re going to occupy our time.” Nadine stood and started unbuttoning her top shirt. Michael looked around nervously. “Wait a minute. I didn’t bring you up here for that.” Nadine chuckled and put her hands on her hips. “Oh come on now. You can drop the act. I know you have to be a certain way for your image, but I’ve heard stories about the Jackson boys. I promise, I won’t tell. I know how this thing works. I take care of you, and you take care of me. Right?” Michael’s eyes widened as she continued to unbutton her shirt. So that’s what Denise meant by Nadine not being what he thought she was. He understood completely now and felt like a fool for falling for her tricks. Michael smiled to himself. He would fix her. He stood up. “You’re right. I’m gonna take care of you. I’m glad I can be myself.” Nadine smiled and moistened her lips. It was funny to Michael, because just 10 minutes ago he thought she was so beautiful. Now, he had no attraction to her whatsoever.

Michael grinned and placed his hands on his hips. “You know, I think it’s about time I introduced you to my …uh…snake. Would you like that?” Nadine’s eyes flashed. “Your snake? Oooh, you’re dirtier than I thought. Ok.” Michael smiled. “Good. But I want to surprise you. Close your eyes.” Nadine shot a hot look at him and closed her eyes. “Mmm, this is gonna be fun.” Michael smiled to himself. It sure was. He bent beside his bed and opened the top of the aquarium. It was hidden pretty well because he didn’t need it to get too much sunlight. He returned and stood in front of Nadine. “Ok, I want you to reach out and grab hold.” Nadine giggled and extended her hands. But as soon as her fingers came in contact, her eyes flew open and she screamed. “What is that?” Michael looked at her innocently. “What? It’s my snake, Muscles. I couldn’t let you not meet him.” Nadine screamed again as Michael approached her with the snake. “Get that thing away from me!” Michael giggled. “Oh come on, don’t you want to pet him?” Nadine screamed again and headed for the door. “Keep him away from me! I can’t believe you would do that. When you’re done playing games, call me! I’m going home!” Michael giggled as she practically ran from his room.

He looked at Muscles and looped him around his shoulders. “Well, I guess I asked for that one. Looks like Denise was right.” Michael stopped giggling as he thought about how upset Denise had been. He had to admit it, he was wrong. He had to apologize some way. He would think about that later. He walked over and put Muscles back into his aquarium. “You’ve done enough for today. Shame on you for scaring the pretty lady like that.” He chuckled himself again as he replayed Nadine’s reaction. Heading downstairs, he vowed to be more careful about the women he chose. Denise was right. He had been thinking with the wrong head.