- Text Size +

I was awakened from my sleep by being violently shaken.


“Kenya! Kenya! Wake up!” Michael told me in a panicked voice. I moaned.


“Uggh.... what?” I asked sourly. If he had just woken me up just to get mad at me, I really wasn’t in the mood. I’m about ready to snap! “I want to sleep!” I groaned as I shut my eyes and tried to get comfortable again.


“Fine,” Michael said, “Then I guess I won’t tell you about the fact that there’s a giant storm heading our way and we’re stuck in the middle of the ocean with a row boat and no oars,” Michael explained. My eyes shot open.


“What?” I asked. I got up and looked around and saw the dark clouds getting closer and closer. I looked around the boat and then back at Michael.


“Where are the oars?!” I screamed.


“Well, while you were sleeping you kicked them off of the boat,” Michael told me.


“Whoa, who, whoa! Hold up! You’re blaming it on me?! I was asleep! Why didn’t you grab them?” I asked him angrily.


“Because,” he began, “I was too busy being mad at you.” I rolled my eyes and groaned. Why was he so stubborn? There’s only enough room for one stubborn person on this boat and that’s me! The space is already filled! Michael needs to man up!


“Great. That’s just fantastic,” I said sarcastically as I folded my arms across my chest. “So now what?” I asked bitterly. Michael shrugged.


“Row with our hands?” Michael suggested. I laughed.


“Please! You go ahead and do that! After all, you lost the oars!” I replied.


“Did you not hear the part when I said that you kicked the oars off?! Or were you too worrying about girly stuff like hair, nails and boys?” Michael asked me. My jaw dropped.


“I am offended! You honestly think that’s what I think about? In the middle of the ocean?!” I asked him. Michael shrugged.


“I thought that all girls thought of that all the time,” Michael replied.


“Well then what do you think of? Cars, girls and beer?” I asked.


“Beer? Please, I’m more of a wine person,” Michael retorted.


“Ha!” I laughed, “You’re more of a whiny person!” I shot back.


“The storm is getting closer now...” Michael told me changing the subject back to our real dilemma.


“Well then paddle!”


“The oars are gone-“


“With your hands!”


“We already went through this!” Michael yelled. I looked back at the storm that was drawing nearer. I really didn’t want to paddle myself, because that would mean that Michael won. No way. He can’t win. On the other hand, being stuck in a storm on the ocean isn’t exactly my cup of tea.


Michael and I both glared at each other.


“So we’re just going to sit here?” I asked him. He nodded.


“I guess so,” he said.


“Fine with me,” I replied as I turned away from him and let the storm get closer and closer.


Turns out, it wasn’t fine.


The storm hit in less than 10 minutes and the waves started to get really rough and really high! Honestly, I was terrified. But for the sake of trying to win this battle between Michael and I, I tried to stay calm and collected.


“Oh my God! We’re going to tip! We’re going to tip the boat!” I screamed as I held onto the edges tightly.


Okay, so that whole ‘calm and collected’ thing didn’t last long. Point Michael.


“It’s your fault for not wanting to row!” Michael yelled at me as a wave crashed down on us and soaked our clothes all the way. My teeth started to chatter. I was so cold!


“Shut up and hang on!” I told him as I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to see the horrible mess of a storm that we were in. It was too depressing. But we were tossing and turning so much, I had no choice but to open them to see what was going on!


It was like we were in a bad horror movie. The sky was dark, the ocean was darker and it didn’t seem to look like it was going to stop anytime soon.


“Hold on!” Michael screamed out right before another colossal wave came raining down on us. I wasn’t sure how much longer I –or the boat – could take all of the abuse! Water filled my nostrils and I struggled to keep sucking in oxygen! The boat was taking a real beating, and I figured that any moment it would give and we’d drown in the middle of the ocean.


What a great way to die isn’t it?


I didn’t even know it, but I was screaming. So much more was going through my mind and going on around me that my brain didn’t register the fact that I was screaming my head off!


I started to feel guilty for everything that had happened in the past month, or weeks. I’m not sure. I lost track. Anyway, I just felt bad for everything. I felt bad for being so mad, so emotional, such a burden and most of all, being stubborn. I should have realised how stupid I was being! I should have realised how rude I was being! I was on an adventure with Michael Jackson that nobody else will ever get to go through and here I was being a brat and a big pain in the neck about every little thing!


If I was Michael, I probably would have thrown myself overboard.


I guess that this storm was a way to show me how bad I was behaving. Aw man, my mom would definitely give me a good and long punishment if she found out about my behaviour.


“Michael! Michael!” I screamed, “Where are you?!” All of a sudden I felt somebody wrap around me and I immediately knew that it was Michael. I wrapped myself around him as well.


This definitely wasn’t worth not rowing for.


“Another wave!” Michael yelled. We both started screaming as the largest wave yet came crashing down on us. The wave shattered the boat into a million little pieces and sent us flying! I struggled to stay attached to Michael as we were flung though the air and into the freezing water! When we broke the surface I started searching for Michael, but a piece of the boat shot out of nowhere and hit me in the head.


I passed out instantly.

Chapter End Notes:

Lol! This has nothing to do with the story at all but okay, this is what my friend said to me today during class. *kinda nasty so don't read if you don't like the nasty-ish stuff*

it's only semi-nasty but still.

Him: I wanna eat some cheesecake...

Me: That's nice...

Him [In the creepiest voice ever(kinda like Richard's voice)]: Off your body!!!!

Me: I'm changing seats *gets up and changes seats*