- Text Size +
A week went by and we did the usual swabbing the decks routine. Well, I think it was a week. I wasn’t 100% sure. I almost got fed to the sharks three times! One time I had to actually get on the plank, but then they decided against it. Apparently I was too pretty to throw over board just yet. Michael still didn’t talk to me. I’ve read that he could be stubborn at times, but I didn’t know he could be this stubborn! He sure can hold a grudge.



Throughout the time I’ve been on this ship, I’ve been plotting my escape. So far... I’ve got nothing. But I do know a few things. I know that the extra boat is on the starboard side of the vessel and concealed on the bottom deck and you have to push it out of a hatch on the side that you can open up if needed. Too bad I’m too stupid to know which side is the starboard side. I tried asking Jack and Dean, but they were too stupid as well. As last resort I tried asking Michael, but he just ignored me. Bum.



“Swabbing the decks is boring,” I complained just as Captain Loopez happened to walk by.



“Ye find swabbin’ the decks is borin’ do ya?” Loopez asked me. I groaned and then nodded.



“Incredibly boring. Do we ever get any variety?” I asked.



“No,” he replied without hesitation.



“Can I go up in the crow’s nest?” I asked as I looked hopefully up at the crow’s nest.



“No,” he replied again.



“You must be a man of few words. I mean honestly, half of your vocabulary must consist of the words no, arr, ye, lassie and rum,” I commented.



“Hey! Rum be a mighty good drink,” he told me.



“Yeah, but you treat it like royalty,”



“it’s a drink fit for kings,” he told me.



“But... you’re not a king...” I told him. He glared at me, drew his sword and pressed it against my neck as he slammed me into the mast.



“Lookie here missy. I’ve had it up to here with you and your smart comments! At first it was funny, and I could live with them, but now you’re just annoying me,”



“Well that’s too bad,” I told him.



“You never learn you’re lesson,” he continued, “I’ve almost amde you walk the plank three times! I thought that surely you would know by now that you’ve bee walking on thin ice but now I’m through with you! This time, you’re walking the plank, and it don’t mater how pretty you are,” he told me as he grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to where the plank was.



“Ow! Ow! Hey! That hurts!” I complained. He ignored me like I expected him too.



“Gather round everyone! Gather round! We’ve got someone walking the plank today!” Loopez said as he held me up. I glanced at Michael and his eyes were wide. “Get the prisoners over here as well. I want them to see what could happen to them,” Loopez cackled as some crew members grabbed Michael, Jack and Dean and brought them to the front for a perfect viewing seat.



“Poor soul,” Dean said.



“She brought it upon herself. I’ve seen this coming for awhile,” Jack commented.



“Arr, see Kenya? Even your fellow prisoners have noticed yer bad attitude,” Captain Loopez told me. I rolled my eyes.



“Whatever. I don’t mind walking the plank, at least I’ll be leaving you and this horrible place,” I said. He grumbled, twisted me around and tied my wrists together behind my back. He turned me back around and shoved me onto the plank.



“Have fun,” Loopez said with a toothy grin. As I eyed the ocean, I was beginning to have second thoughts about wanting to walk the plank.



“Umm... do you have a life jacket?” I asked. He glared at me.



“Shut up and get a move on will ya?” Loopez said as he urged me to move forward. I took a deep breath and swallowed hard. It’s not like I couldn’t swim or anything, so I should be okay right? I was about to jump off when a voice stopped me.



“Stop!” I heard a voice yell. I turned back and saw Michael covering his mouth with his hands. The pirates all glared at him.



“he’s a goner,” I heard Jack mutter.



“What did you say?” Loopez asked. Michael gulped.



“I told her to stop. You can’t make her walk the plank. She’s only 15!” Michael told him. The pirates laughed.



“I don’t care! I’m a pirate! Now you’re annoying me, Smithee! Tie his wrists up too. He’ll be walking the plank with her,” Loopez ordered. Smithee nodded.



“Aye, aye Captain!” Smithee said as he grabbed Michael and tied his wrists together as well and then shoved him onto the plank. I stared at Michael.



“You better thank me for this later,” he told me.



“Why did you-?“



“Because you’re my friend alright!?”



“Aw... ain’t that sweet?” Captain Loopex said, “Now hurry up before I kick both of you off me self!” he growled. Michael and I both took deep breaths.



“This is it,” I said as Michael and I both jumped off at the same time and plunged into the icy water.