- Text Size +

Morning came faster than ever before. My stomach churned. Today was the day. The raft was sitting on the edge of the shore, just waiting to be pushed out to sea. I had to admit, although I was nervous, the raft didn’t look half bad. It was big enough and it didn’t look like it would sink. Plus, if it did we had a life jacket. Michael told me that he’d give it to me since I’m the youngest and my life is more important. Although I disagreed since he’s an international superstar, he wouldn’t take any of it. He just handed me the lifejacket and walked away. He was funny like that. A little stubborn, yes, but funny all the same.


Michael and I were standing in front of the raft.


“This is it,” he said.


“Here I stand,”


“I’m the light of the world I feel grand!” Michael sang. I smiled. God, he had such an amazing voice! It was a shame that he ‘died’ and didn’t use it for others to hear anymore. It truly was a gift from God to have a voice as wonderful as that. I stared at him as I watched him continue the song for a little bit. When he noticed me staring, he stopped.


“Sorry, did I take that too far?” he asked me. I shook my head.


“No, not at all. I loved it. You have a nice voice,” I complimented. Michael blushed.


“Well thank you,” he replied.


“Now let’s just hope that your raft building skills are just as good as your singing skills!” I teased. Michael laughed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.


“I know that you’re still worried,” Michael told me. Wow, he could really see right through me.


“Well...” I started.


“I don’t blame you Kenya. It’s dangerous-“


“The girl is so dangerous,” I sang. Michael nudged me playfully.


“Hey! This isn’t choir! I was trying to have a meaningful moment here!” Michael laughed. I laughed as well and looked back at him to signal that I was ready to listen to everything and anything that he had to say.


“Anyway, it’s dangerous and I can’t deny it. But I want to get back to civilisation just as much as you do. I’m starting to go crazy on this island here myself! I’ve been having weird hallucinations probably from sun over exposure. My skin is burning and it’s starting to peel! It’s disgusting!” Michael explained. I frowned and looked at my shoulders which were in horrible condition and started to peel just like Michael’s. Yeah, sun screen would have been a nice thing to have picked out of the wreckage right about now.


“Yeah, I’m starting to go insane too,” I told him honestly.


“Just look on the bright side, if we can get ourselves found, we’ll be back in no time and you’ll be able to see that wonderful family of yours!” Michael told me.


“Don’t remind me of them. I’ll start crying,” I warned him as I whipped my eyes.


“It’s okay to cry,” Michael told me.


“I know, but I don’t want to cry right now. I just want to get on this raft, and get found,” I replied. Michael smiled.


“Then let’s do it,” he replied. We both smiled at each other and pushed the raft off of the shore and into the water. I hopped on and Michael pushed it out deeper and then he got on as well. I handed him an oar and he pushed us out further until we were in deep water and the waves took us away.


I glanced back at the island and realized that it was much larger then I had thought it was. It was mostly just endless areas of jungle though. And jaguars. Jaguars. I never want to see another jaguar again! Ever! Not even the car! Nope! No way!


Michael and I were sitting on the hide of the jaguar and we had the basket of food with us as well as the lifejacket, the pocket knife, some of the metal soup cans and we took some coals from the fire and some dry grass and bits of wood. Since we knew that we’d need water we decided to bring something to create a small fire with so we could boil the salt water and then drink it. We’d boil it in the soup cans.


We had to be careful with our fire. If it caught on something then we would sink. Also, if we run out of fire building material before we get found, then we’ll be in some trouble. Hopefully, it wouldn’t come to that.


We drifted farther and farther away from the island until it was completely out of sight. That’s when I realized that I couldn’t see the smoke from our signal fire! That’s probably why we were never found! The smoke wasn’t thick enough! Ugh! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!


Michael and I tried to move as little as possible. We didn’t want to rock the boat too much because a) we didn’t know how easily it could flip over and b) we didn’t want to get sea sick. If we got sea sick, that would open up the possibility of throwing up and throwing up means throwing away precious food and nutrients that we desperately craved.


“So... here we are,” Michael said. I nodded.


“Here we are,” I agreed.


“Well, have you got any interesting stories you want to tell?” Michael asked me. I thought about it for a moment and then nodded.


“Yeah, I’ve got one,” I replied. He smiled.


“Share it,” he told me. I cleared my throat.


“Alright, so you won’t believe this. Once, I was on my way to Hawaii, got into a plane crash and got stuck on a deserted island with some stranger! But the stranger turned out to be some super mega star who supposedly died and-“


“Geez Kenya I already know that one,” Michael chuckled. We both laughed.


“Well, I’m not that interesting,” I told him honestly. It’s true. I wasn’t. I didn’t do a lot of travel and I didn’t have a lot of stories to tell. He playfully nudged me. At first I thought he was trying to shove me over board and I tensed up. Michael noticed and laughed.


“What did you think I was going to turn you into shark bait?” Michael asked. I shook my head and laughed.


“Well you nudged me! If I didn’t have such amazing balance I could have fallen overboard,” I told him over exaggerating. He rolled his eyes.


“As if,” he said. I laughed.


You know, for a 53 year old man, he’s pretty hip. He talks like he’s from this decade and not as if he’s from the 80’s! He’s got a pretty good sense of style, I can’t complain. The only thing that’s a little out of date are his shoes! He’s been wearing those same shoes since the beginning of time! Like sheesh! Has he ever heard of sneakers?


“Hey Michael, what about you?” I asked. He gave me a confused look.


“What are you talking about?” he asked me.


“Have you got any good stories?” I asked him. He smiled and laughed.


“I’ve got a few,” he replied. I let out a snort.


“A few? Oh please! You’ve travelled around the world at least 50 times and you say you only have a few?!” I asked. He laughed and then he began telling me all about his funny stories and adventures that he got to take part in throughout his lifetime. He really was interesting to listen to. Once you get past the fact that he’s Michael Jackson you realize that he has adventures and good times just like us. And they’re not good times that involve 500 different celebrities partying it up all night! No. It’s stuff like hanging out at the beach, staying at a cabin for a weekend, staying in a presumably haunted hotel, having marathons of Scooby-Doo. Stuff like that. It’s actually pretty cool.


“Wow! You’re so lucky! You got to do all of that neat stuff!” I told him. He shrugged.


“Yeah, but that was a long time ago. You’ll have your share of adventures too!” he told me.


“Like this one?” I asked. He smiled at me.


“Yeah, like this one,” he agreed.

Chapter End Notes:

Review! :)

Sorry about the delay again! Working on so many stories! lol! Check out the other ones if you're interested!

Criminal Hearts

Deadly Attraction

Lost and Found -- co-writting with PiperJackson4eva

The Gold or The Heart -- co-writting with Sierra