- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello everyone! Here is my newest chapter and though it may have took a while to write and post I finally got it done. So read and review please! I would appreciate it:)!

It was a beautiful morning as vehicles rushed past each other on the highway in a rush to start the busy day. Everything seemed peaceful and quiet with the chirping of the birds and parents who saw their children off to school. There was nothing better than a nice, refreshing walk down the road on a Tuesday. The heels of newly styled boots collided with the smooth, flat paved surface as the grass and tiny flowers bloomed on each side.

‘A piano teacher, you’ve got to be kidding me,’

Black boots tapped roughly on the pavement as the soft breeze blew against sheer covered legs that moved in rhythm with the boots. The knee length black and grey frilled skirt swayed in the breeze as a pair of hands grasped onto black knapsack straps.

‘What can they teach me that I don’t already know?’

Above the straps was flowing brown hair styled in curls with the sun reflecting off it. The curls bounced around a peach shaped face tinted with a little orange on the cheekbones.

‘That person really is wasting their time….’

Her light red lips formed into a frown as the breeze combed through thick brown strands of hair and her skirt swung crazily against it. The peach tinted face did not flinch at the breeze but the dark eyebrows atop furrowed in wrinkles.

“Hey!” shouted a voice that startled the brown haired figure. There stood a happy face with a waving hand which made the dark brown eyes stare in surprise.

‘Who….?’

Suddenly the smiling face appeared closer and her dark brown eyes widened. The furrowed eyebrows loosened up and the frowned red lip were now straight.

“H…hi,” said the alto-soprano when the greeter waved to her

“How is everything?” asked the greeter

“Alright,” the alto-soprano replied as she picked up the pace and sped down the sidewalk

“She must be in a hurry,” said the friendly person who watched the alto soprano walk away

‘I am surprised she actually noticed me,’ she mumbled when her bouncy hair followed her swift movements.

It was after 8 when she finally reached a tall, wide building with a large sign in the front. Suddenly the chime of a bell echoed when she appeared at the entrance of the place that provided her education. It was time for another day of learning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“This day was just great,” she replied in an unenthusiastic tone.

15 minutes had passed since she left and it seemed like the walk took longer than it did before. She was glad the day did not go any worse as it was one of the calmest days that she had in a long time.

Around 10 minutes later she arrived in front of a beige mansion with a short flight of stairs at the entrance. She headed towards it as she took her time carefully walking up the broad but sharp looking steps which looked more like tiny hills. The white door at the top automatically opened once she inserted a key into the neatly patterned keyhole and turned the doorknob. Inside revealed a smooth marbled white floor that seemed to go on for miles. When she stepped onto the floor her boot nearly caused a reflection. She closed the door and looked around hearing nothing.

“Home sweet home,”

The house was completely silent which meant one thing…that no one was there. It was a peaceful to hear nothing but the tapping of feet and regular breathing as she came home from another day of school. She looked around the empty hallway and decided to go upstairs to her room.

‘It's too quiet,’

She turned to her right where there was a long flight of spiral stairs that led to the next floor. When she took her first step she heard distant chattering from the other end of the hallway. The chattering made her stop until she identified it as a female voice in a conversation. She looked down the hallway and saw no one until footsteps approached the doorway which stood between the hallway and another part of the house.

“Okay, that sounds great. Bye.” echoed a female voice

‘Who was that?’

The voice grew louder when a slightly tall but slender female appeared with a cell phone to her ears.

“Oh hello, you’re home,” the woman answered smiling when she saw the brown haired girl

“Yeah I just got back,” she replied

“That’s great because I have some great news for you,” the woman answered who wore a dark green turtle neck sweater with a long ankle length skirt.

“What kind of news?” she asked

“I think you should come down to hear this one,” the woman said as she waved her hand to her

“What is it?” she asked as she approached

“I just talked with the organization that employs professional piano teachers and they have a list of teachers that could give you private piano lessons,”

“What?” she asked, “but how did you-”

“I spoke with my co worker who used to take piano lessons and she gave me this number,”

“Why?” she asked

“Because it is one of the best piano organizations in the country,”

“But I thought we agreed that I would just keep practicing on my own,”

“You can’t become a professional piano player if you don’t have help along the way. Now I have contacted a list of piano players in-”

“No!”

“What?” the woman asked

“I do not want or need a piano teacher to help me improve!”

“But, Sandra these are some of the best piano teachers on this side of Connecticut,”

“I said I don’t need one!” Sandra yelled

“Watch your tone with me Sandra!”

“Piano teachers are a waste of time and its not worth wasting the money over!” Sandra replied

“I have already contacted a piano teacher who is willing to come and give you lessons,”

“What?” Sandra asked confused

“Yes and he will arrive here as soon as his schedule opens up,”

“Well I hope he is really busy,” Sandra replied

“Actually he said his schedule will open up soon,”

“How soon?” asked Sandra

“Tomorrow,”

“WHAT!” Sandra yelled

“Yes and he wants to have an interview and do an observation of you for the lessons,”

“But tomorrow is Wednesday!” Sandra said

“Exactly and it is the only day he is available this week,”

“Can’t he come some other time?” Sandra asked

“No, he really wants this job and I don’t want to disappoint him,”

“But can’t he find some else to work for?” Sandra replied

“Sandra, this interview is tomorrow and that is it!”

“Mom, that is not fair!”

“Well expecting to do pass piano class without studying or reading the music is not fair,”

“Mom this is ridiculous! I am not having this conversation,” Sandra shouted as she prepared to walk up the stairs.

“Yes, and you will be there for that interview because it is 5 o clock tomorrow evening!” her mother shouted

“UGH!” Sandra groaned before the slam of the door echoed throughout the house.

“What am I going to do with her?” her mother asked

‘I can’t believe her!” Sandra jumped onto her bed and buried her face in the pillows. This day could not be worse.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wednesday Evening~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sandra come down please. He will be here in 5 minutes!” shouted her mother

“Why do we have to do this stupid interview?” Sandra mumbled as she struggled to put on the finishing touches of her outfit.
The clock read 4:55 as Sandra sped around her room like a chicken with no head. This whole interview process was not easy though it hasn’t even started.

Her mother stood downstairs in the hallway looking at her clock, waiting patiently anticipating the teachers arrival.

"Where is that girl?"

The time was 4:58 and the more the ticker moved towards the five the slower it seemed to go by.

“Why won’t this thing fit!” Sandra growled

4:59....

“SANDRA!!” her mother’s voice echoed

“I am on my way!” Sandra replied in an annoyed tone. The big hand was only seconds away from being on the twelve and suddenly there was a different feeling in the air.

5:00....

Ding Dong!!!!

'It's time'

“Just great!” Sandra growled as she heard the doorbell and managed to get her second shoe on.

“Hello, thank you for coming,” replied Sandra’s mother as she opened the door to reveal the individual she had been waiting for all day.

“Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you,”

Uh-Oh....

“Welcome to my home,” Sandra’s mother answered, “She should be down any minute,”

‘What did I get myself into?’

Sandra stood against the door with her ear attached to the creak. Those walls were really thin for something made out of thick material.

“Thank you for allowing me to do this interview. It means a lot,”

“Oh no worries. I have been searching hard for a piano teacher and was relieved to find one,” Sandra’s mother replied

“It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to possibly teach your daughter,”

“Yes and it will be a greater pleasure once you meet her. Excuse me,” her mother replied as she walked towards the spiral steps, “Sandra?”

“Here it goes,” Sandra sighed as she checked herself in the mirror one last time and opened the door.
_________________________________________________________

To be continued....
Chapter End Notes:
So what do you think? Can you guess who this possible Piano Teacher is?

~~~~Stay tuned to find out:)!!!!