- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello!!!! Happy 5th of January and hope you all are enjoying the new year so far! I just posted a new chapter which is a test run so please be considerate and aware that it is not perfect and is my attempt at trying something new and different. Please feel free to give any feedback and insight as I will be grateful for it. Thank you:)!

Chapter 1: Preview
__________________________________________________________
Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do….

Rang the sounds as it flew through the air. The high and low pitched octaves of the instrument made it seem alive.

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Doooo….

The instrument sang as it sent echoing waves in the air.

DO Ti La So Fa MI Re Doooo….

Fingers brushed on the piano keys as if they were petting a dog’s hair before pressing down on them with force. It rang like a chorus practicing as the last note held out for more than 5 seconds.

The fingers continued to play with the black and white rectangular keys that glistened like the tiled floor as it tried to find the right chords to the music.

Do Ti La So Fa Mi Re Do!!!!

One octave note rang through the air as the fingers continuously pressed it redundantly with its low pitched tone that behaved like a broken record. After a few seconds it stopped and allowed for silence.

“DO Re Mi Fa So La Tiiii!!!!” the melody broke the silence.

Suddenly the notes jumbled together as the fingers slid over them like skates on ice no longer in rhythm. The keys were pressed forcefully in an annoyed tone.

“This is ridiculous!”

An exasperated sigh followed as the piano made another frustrated sound that was caused by the source playing it.

“How many times will this take?”

The fingers on the keys were then replaced with a handful of curly, brown hair that was spread over the keys like waves that made then shriek in response.

A groan was heard through the air, “What am I supposed to do?”

Hair slid off the piano and rested on a smooth, neatly sewn black sweater with a white blouse on the inside. The fingers on the keys moved from its spot onto the brown hair as it brushed through it like a comb. Soft rhythms of breathing could be heard as the fingers stopped at the last curl and twirled it around playfully.

They rested back on the piano but did not move as a set of dark brown eyes stared into the air with disappointment. The tapping of loud leather black boots on the floor quickly replaced the frustrated silence that was there before. It sounded like a marching band as the boots tapped on the neatly tiled floor in rhythm.

“How can I make this work?”

The dark brown eyes looked around the empty room that only contained the piano and the one who sat on it. They then stared at the keys in aggravation as the fingers tapped on it in response to the boots.

“How will this work?”

Echoes of footsteps across the room got so loud that the tapping started to move out of rhythm. The smoothed lightly tanned fingertips touched the shiny rectangular notes.

“Doooo….” sung the figure that sat by the piano when the footsteps grew louder.

“San...”

The eyes looked up in suspicion but quickly went back to the black and white keys

“Sandra!!” called the echo across the room

“YES?!!”

“Dinner!!” the echo replied

“Great! Another distraction,”

The palm pressed hard against the piano keys as the source that played it sighed and turned to face the other side of the room. The fingers slid off the keys when the boots slid from underneath the piano like ice skates in the rink.

“I guess I will do better next time,” replied the alto soprano voice. Steps of black leather boots rang through the room on the shiny tile floor as the grand black instrument was left to sit by itself in the middle.

The brown curly hair bounced on the black sweater as the boots tapped and the frilly black skirt above it swung from left to right.

“San-!”

“I am coming!” replied the alto soprano now annoyed.

~~~~~~~~~~Later that evening~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why aren’t you eating your food?”

“I am just not that hungry,” replied the alto soprano who then sighed

“Well its getting cold, please eat something,”

A sigh followed as the tapping of utensils overcame the silence.

“So….how did it go?”

“What?”

“Your practice,”

“Ech!“ the alto soprano replied

“Why, Haven’t you been practicing all day?”

“…things could be better,”

“But you love playing the piano and all those rehearsals you have been doing should be working,”

“Yeah, the piano is not working with me,”

“How is that?”

“It is not coming out how it should and the more I try to get the notes the more the stubborn the piano gets,”

“How is a piano stubborn?”

“I just need more time to get this right,”

“You know I can help you,”

“I know how to play the piano,”

“Maybe but you need some tips on how to play more rhythmically,”

“The piano is not a final exam, I can handle it,”

“But you need more practice and this is not working,”

“I will just spend more time around the piano when I am free and hopefully I can do it,”

“Piano lessons will not hurt,”

“I don’t need anyone else teaching me how to play. I can do this,”

“You are struggling and you need some help,”

“Some of the best pianists struggled more than I did,”

“But they had someone to help them,”

“I don’t need-”

“You know what? I have a great idea,”

“What?”

“I am going to make some phone calls and ask around,”

“What do you mean?”

“I am going to search for a….Piano Teacher,”

“WHAT?!”

“Yes, I will find one and have him or her teach you,”

“NO!” shouted the alto soprano which caused a echo, “I don’t need one!”

“Yes you do,”

“No piano teacher!”

“Yes and it will do you some good,”

This is just perfect!!








Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it:)!!!!