- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the wait! Enjoy!

He wanted this to end.

It had already been a week since the incident and four days since he had last seen Alex. No matter how hard he had tried, he could not get rid of those images of Alex lying on the ground, her body trembling with fear and a look of sheer horror claimed on her pale features and Michael himself tearing her feeble clothes to shreds, forcing her legs open and thrusting hard inside of her as he mindlessly fondled with her breasts. He could still hear the screams, those piercing shrieks that deafened his ears and gnawed at his heart. He could still feel the trembling of her body against his own and he could never ever forget the feel of her arms struggling to push him away.

No! I can't start thinking about that again! I have to stop. I just have to...

Sighing heavily, Michael ran a trembling hand through his disheveled hair, having had not slept for the past week due to his fear of his haunting nightmares. He did not know why those dreams plagued him so brutally, practically disrupting him from his slumber every night and simply refusing to give him a single wink of sleep. What was there good to gain by dreaming that way about her?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing!

Michael paced around his bedroom as he thought about what had happened that dreadful night. He just couldn't dismiss her face from his mind. She hadn't been attending school that entire week and it was an odd thing to witness, considering that she actually hated missing school which soon enough tainted her perfect attendance record she had been having since she was in the third grade.

I could just kill her right now!

Michael made a mental note to punish the girl once he saw her again. Then again, no one had seen her either. Now that's when the oddness intensified.

As he thought more of his damaged crush, his heart ached and he decided to continue his pacing down the hallway.

Just how am I going to get her to forgive me?

Another jolt of pain tore through his chest and this time, his hand had to clutch at the aching area to ease the pain.

"Why is my chest hurting?" Michael asked softly to no one in particular as his hand began to massage the area to lessen the ache.

Michael groaned as he stepped out of his home and from there, he continued his trek towards the Avery household.


 


I give up! Alex mentally groaned as she tossed and turned under her covers and after an hour of lying in bed, she was still unable to find a comfortable position in order to receive her much needed sleep.

There was this horrible sensation lying on the back of her head, making her feel as if something dreadful was about to happen. She suddenly froze once she heard a knock on her bedroom door. No doubt that it was her cousins there to drag her out of her sanctuary, most likely under Aunt Becky's wishes.

"Alex? It's me. Let me in."

Alex jolted.

What is he doing here?! Oh no! What if he's drunk again?

Alex suddenly felt the urge to let Michael open the door and to pounce on him from behind by surprise. That very boy had hurt her and caused her both physical and emotional pain beyond repair. How could he have the audacity to come into her home without her consent?

The pounding on her door grew harder and louder as he continued impatiently, "Alex, let me in!"

How about two minutes after never?

"Alex? Can you hear me? Alex? Alex!"

Just leave me alone already! Have you already tormented me enough?

Alex sighed softly as she squeezed her shut.

"That's it! I'm coming in!"

Alex's pulse quickened once her bedroom door was swung open with one single kick of his foot and her door was then slammed into the wall behind it and then slammed shut.

Silence fell over her room and it was almost instantly broken with the sound of Michael's pounding footsteps approaching her bed.

"Alex," he sighed, "I would like to speak with you."

Alex promptly ignored him and rolled on her side, her back facing Michael. She could hear Michael heave an annoyed sigh as he rounded her bed to walk over to the side that she was facing.

"Alex, now," he snarled.

Alex shifted on her other side and tossed her pillow over her head. Although the sheets beneath her smothered her face and affected her breathing patterns, she decided that she would have rather been smothered to death than to face Michael in his blinded rage. Her pillow was suddenly yanked away violently from her head and as it was taken away from her, she had found that her arm had been caught in his vice-like grip and she was brutally forced up to her feet. Her startled gaze then settled upon the piercing onyxes of her bully's eyes that exposed such fury and rage that it made her want to puke right then and there.

"If you're going to punish me for being the victim," she began grudgingly, "then get it over with." Michael was taken aback by the sense of boldness in her voice and was even more shocked of the hollowness in her weary eyes.

"What do you think you'll be able to achieve by locking yourself up in here?"

"Protection from you," she replied dryly. Once again, Michael was overwhelmed by another wave of shock towards her informality.

"What is bothering you? Is it me? If it is, then tell me." Michael asked quietly as he felt her tense up. He pressed on, "Tell me!"

"I would rather not!" Alex hissed, venom dripping with every word spoken.

She suddenly felt herself being flung to the wall with her arms pinned above her head. Using his freehand, Michael grabbed a hold of her chin and jerked her face towards his own, gray and black eyes colliding in a fierce clash. Alex froze, refusing to struggle against his strength.

"Let me go."

"Not until you tell me what's bugging you."

If I tell you, I'll never be able to forgive myself...

Instead of voicing out her thoughts, Alex responded with a cold glare and a stifled snarl. She then began to effortlessly struggle to tear her wrists away from his brutal grip.

"I said let me go!" Her captor only tightened his hold and flung her to the floor. She landed with a loud, agonizing thud but that was the only sound that came from her body. She didn't whimper. She didn't shriek. And she didn't cry. She just laid there, motionless, refusing to expose that she was in deep pain, both inside and out.

"Get up," Michael ordered.

Alex didn't budge but simply laid there staring wistfully at her escape; the door.

"I said get up," Michael said again in a low snarl.

This time, Alex's arms struggled to lift her upper body from the floor and after a failed attempt, she fell limp.

"Get up, Alex!" Michael shouted. Finally gathering the strength that she needed to pull herself together, Alex inwardly groaned as she forced herself to sit on her knees.

"Now what, sir?" she sarcastically asked.

Michael drawled out a shaky sigh. Shit. I did it again.

He slowly made his way over to him and he ignored her fear-stricken expression as he kneeled down before her. He stared into her gray, bloodshot eyes and shook his head, laughing quietly although nothing was amusing to him. He was laughing in amusement to think that this girl, the one who was strong-willed and bold was crying about something that never even happened. He opened his mouth to say something, anything but all audible words failed to pass his lips.

He bit the insides of his cheek and wasn't able to believe the next words he spoke, "The only guy worth your tears is the one who won't make you cry, Alex."

She jolted in surprise at the remark and she wasn't able to believe that this person, her bully, was saying this to her. It made a skeptical look scrunch her features.

"Actually, what I meant to say was that I am not worth your tears." Smiling, he caressed away the sudden tears that trickled down her cheeks with the pad of his thumb, "You don't have to keep crying about me, Alex. You shouldn't feel the need to do so."

He cradled her flushed face in his hand and bestowed a soft kiss upon her opposite cheek before drawing himself from the floor to make his leave.

"By the way, sorry about last week. I was out of character and out of line and whether you forgive me or not is not my problem!" He had said it so quickly, it was as if someone had fast forward his voice but Alex heard every single word and she carved the words into her heart.

He's right. There is no reason for me to cry anymore...

Smiling, Alex nodded in agreement with her inner thoughts and clambered into bed, anticipating the peaceful dreams that she would finally be able to dream that night after a long time of having nothing but nightmares. She wouldn't have to cry herself to sleep anymore now.


 


"Great," Alex said with a sigh of relief, "I think you've got it now. You really do understand the problems now, Michael. You just need to think more on the problem before you do it."

Michael chuckled and sarcastically said, "Thanks."

"Now would you please tell me what you are all dressed up for?" she practically begged him. "You're killing me here!"

He laughed but said nothing else. He just merely stared back at Alex with a look of impenetrably-amused glint in his eye that seemed to peer into her soul. Perhaps he had been doing that but it wasn't as if Alex had cared or not at that moment. What she really wanted to know was why her bully was clad in a tailored suit.

Alex inwardly groaned, "Tell me!"

"It's for my date," he haughtily replied with a ghost of a smirk playing on his lips.

That moment, Alex felt as if an arrow punctured her chest and stabbed her straight in the heart. Never in her life had she felt so hurt. It was as if Michael was the archer who had shot her. He was making her feel this way, making her hurt and feel this odd sensation of brokenness. That feeling stirring in her chest was foreign to her and it made her feel something. What was it?

Date? Well, I guess it's because Michael is a sort of a swell guy but a date? With a girl? Gee. I never thought that I would be sad about it. Why am I sad about it? Could I be...? No! I can't think like that again! I don't feel that way about him!... Please don't let me feel that way about him. I hate him! I swear it!

"Oh. With who?" Alex asked trying to sound as if she were interested when she truly wasn't.

Michael proudly adjusted his shirt collar in a noxious manner, "Tatiana Thumbzten, that's who."

"Tatiana Thumbzten!" she exclaimed.

And then it's her! Dammit! I don't even have a chance! Wait... a chance? What am I talking about?  I'm not supposed to be thinking like this! Michael isn't my type and I'm not his either! Oh Lord, help me...

"Yep. I asked her out last week. It wasn't as if she was gonna say no to me anyway. Every girl who's sane would love to have a date with me."

"Then I guess I'm insane," Alex joked.

Michael shot her a cold glare and nudged her side as she began to snicker to herself.

"Very funny, Alex."

He flickered his gaze down at his watch and cursed under his breath.

"I gotta go. I'm gonna be late!" He made a mad dash towards the door but Alex stopped him by grabbing the back of his shirt and yanking him back towards her.

"Alex, I'm serious! I gotta go!"

"You can't leave without your blazer," she remarked rising to her feet as she presented him his blazer.

"Oh. Thanks."

Alex held the blazer up from behind him as Michael absentmindedly slipped his lean arms into the sleeves. She then circled him slowly, smiling as she did so and drinking in the beauty that was standing before her.

Sighing, her smile grew, "You really do look handsome tonight, Michael. Tatiana is lucky to have someone like you."

Michael's eyes flew wide open at her choice of wording and he couldn't avoid the urge to blush. He played it off as a mere shrug.

Handsome? She called me handsome? I thought she would insult me for sure... This changes everything! Maybe I actually have a chance with her...

"But no girl likes a crooked tie," Alex said taking a step towards him.

Michael jolted in surprise once he took notice to his button up shirt that exposed the sun-kissed skin running up from his chest to his neck. The mere sight nearly made Alex faint.

Michael nibbled his lip, "Wanna give me a hand?"

Giggling, she held her hands up to his black silken tie and undid it, tying it and adjusting it the way it was supposed to be. Unbeknownst to Alex, Michael was blushing hard and biting down on his bottom lip to keep it from trembling. She was so close to him. If he made one sudden movement, their lips could join as one once again. His lips twitched slightly, desperately wanting her to kiss him.

Just kiss her, dammit!

He cautiously leaned down to lock their lips together but Alex abruptly pulled away once she finished tying his tie.

"There. You're good to go."

Shit.

He blinked hard, "I am? Oh. Well..." Michael idly trailed off then quickly sputtered, "I guess I'll be going then."

"Okay."

Michael stood there for several moments, peering into Alex's sorrowful gray eyes, frowning slightly as he stared and like the day before, he left her with a kiss on the cheek and an apology.

His reason for doing so was what Alex wanted to know and Michael himself wondered why too. Was it because of how he felt sorry for her or because of how he felt compelled to do so?

Maybe he's apologizing for leaving so suddenly without telling me...

He was all too much of a mysterious boy and it frustrated Alex to how secretive he tended to be much like Alex herself.


 


The first thing Michael noticed was the orchestra playing music on the far end of the restaurant. Each round table was clothed with a white sheet and on top of each table was a single lit candle. He was slightly surprised by the expanse of marble flooring in the center of the room where smiling couples twirled around like a choreographed routine. Shaking off his surprise, he pretended that the extravagance had barely fazed him.

"Impressed?" he asked his date. Tatiana merely shrugged her bare shoulders.

"It's rather dull..." she murmured unceremoniously. Michael chuckled outwardly but inwardly, he groaned exasperatedly.

"It was the only restaurant available at this time of night. All of the others were full."

Tatiana scoffed in a somewhat haughty manner, "I still think you could have done better." Michael rolled his eyes.

"Good evening," the maitre'd greeted, clad in a white tuxedo, "How many are in your party?"

"Two," came the dry reply from Michael's lips. The maitre'd smiled.

"Right this way please."

The man led them through a maze of tables to the other end of the room where a single table with a pair of chairs and a single lit candle awaited their arrival. Michael noticed Tatiana reaching down to pull out her chair and acting quickly, he hurriedly pulled the chair from under the table and presented her a courteous smile. Tatiana responded with a smile of her own and sat in the chair. Silently congratulating himself for winning her affection, he gently placed a napkin upon her lap and made his way to his seat directly across from hers.

"I guess this place isn't so bad," Tatiana finally admitted as her critical gaze peered around the room.

"I'm glad that you've changed your mind."

Tatiana smiled, "Oh, Michael, you wouldn't believe what happened to me the other day. That girl Elizabeth Taylor had the audacity to wear the same exact dress as me at my birthday party! And you know what else? She even told me that my dress looked better on her! That raggedy fat piece of shit doesn't look good in anything except an elephant costume! And you know what else that bitch did? She told me that I was a spoiled low class slut! How could she say that!? I'm not low class! She is the low class for ever coming to my party! Even if I did invite her, she had no right to just insult me that way! Ugh! I hate her! And that slutty Madonna..."

Tatiana began to babble on and on, using quite a colorful stream of expletives and Michael tried with his all to focus on her what she was saying. He truly was. He just couldn't get his mind to stay on the subject she was speaking of. He had more enticing things in mind that moment. Alex, for example. He could stay on that subject for hours and hours. In fact, that was exactly what he was doing.

The image of her wearing a slim black dress with the thin strap sensually sliding down her thin shoulder as she delicately bit down on her lip and gazed at him with that erotic glint in her eye. It was like a mixture of pure animalistic lust and demure desire. It was enough to make him drop all of his defenses. Just the thought of her stripping made him want to groan.

"Did you just groan about Monica's new dog?"

Shit.

"Were you even listening to me?" she nearly shouted.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't catch that. I was in a bit of a daze." Tatiana's eyes narrowed into a murderous glare.

"What did you call me?" she snarled and he could sense that she was restraining herself from yelling at him.

Michael's eyebrows drew together in confusion, "I said Tatiana."

"No you didn't. You said someone else's name. Who is that, huh? Who's the girl you're thinking about during our date? Ooh, you better not have said who I think you said!"

"I said Tatiana..." Michael said growing less and less uncertain of his own answer.

Didn't I? I could have sworn that I said Tatiana...

"I can't believe that you would cheat on me!" she shouted.

"I'm not cheating on you, girl!" Michael shot back.

"See? Now you don't even know my own name! I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't remember your own fucking name!"

Michael winced as she slid out of her chair and brushed off the crevices in her dress. Several couples at the surrounding tables glanced at the sudden eruption of movement.

Michael sighed, "Where are you going?"

"Home," came the exasperated reply.

Michael scowled, "Tatiana, don't do this-?!"

"Oh. Now you know my name?" she asked adopting a sarcastic tone, "Surprise, surprise!"

Tatiana snatched her purse off the table and stormed away, passing by shocked waiters who had stopped abruptly to stare after her.

Don't tell me that I said her name. Please don't tell me I said her name... Holy shit! I did say her name! It all makes sense now... I was thinking about her so much that I ended up saying her name! Dammit! I could just kill myself now! Michael groaned, Why is she always on my fucking mind?! I don't like her, dammit!

Chapter End Notes:

Please review!