- Text Size +

I stared so intently at the back of her head I thought I was drilling a hole through it. That appealed to me right now. She doesn’t need me? She doesn’t need me?! She has the nerve to say that! Who does she think she is?! Well fine then. If that’s what she wants then that’s her problem. If she isn’t going to care about me then why should I care about her? I can find a new best friend. Like Xavier. He’ll be my new best friend and he’ll be ten times better then Lexi! Or maybe I could get Olivia to be my best friend... that would piss her off. Yeah... Olivia.


No.


Not Olivia. She’s way to damn annoying. Xavier. Xavier is now officially my new best friend. Ha! In her face!


“Fine then, don’t talk to me, ever! I don’t wanna hear from you when you get bored with him and want to come back and be friends again,” I told her making myself very clear.


“Fine!”


“Fine!”


I spun around on my heels and walked out extremely pissed off. If someone hadn’t known what had happened they probably would have guessed that I was PMS-ing.


“So is that it?” Captain Eo MJ asked me, “do you just want me to take you home now?”


I thought about it for a moment. I had only just gotten here. I might as well enjoy myself for a little bit. No. No. I can’t risk seeing Lexi again.


“Yeah, take me home,” I replied. He grabbed my hand and walked me back to the spaceship. The ride back was silent. Nobody bothered me and I didn’t bother anybody else. When I got home they decided that they would hang out there with me for awhile. I didn’t mind, they seemed nice and there weren’t many of them. The only one I was worried about was Hooter, but him and everyone else except for Captain Eo MJ slept in their spaceship.


I couldn’t help but notice the soaked pillow that I woke up on the following morning.


School was even worse then my encounter with Lexi. Xavier was nice and all, but he isn’t best friend material. I told him what had happened and he tried to comfort me but he wasn’t like Lexi who could make me feel better in an instant. I didn’t even bother with Olivia.


Maybe I actually missed Lexi. I couldn’t tell anybody that though. Besides, Lexi probably didn’t even care that we weren’t friends anymore. She’s gone now. She’s on Planet Jackson and she doesn’t even care about me anymore. Oh well, that was my fault I guess. I got myself into this mess. Suddenly I was really mad at myself. If I had just let the Jackson’s stay for the week, then maybe Lexi and Bad MJ would have figured out a way to stay in contact throughout a long distance relationship and none of this stupid drama would have ever happened!


I was walking around in the park with Captain Eo MJ one afternoon. It was mostly a silent walk. We didn’t have a whole lot to say since we didn’t have much in common anyway. When we did talk, it was usually about my job as ‘Supreme Leader.’ I really just made stuff up when he went on about that stuff. Dead leaves floated by, being pushed on by the wind. I sighed.


“What’s wrong?” Captain Eo MJ asked me as he stopped me and put his hand on my shoulder.


“I miss Lexi... I miss my best friend,” I confessed.


“Well... not to be rude but you kinda brought this crap upon yourself.”


“I know, I know. I wish I didn’t though. I wish I could change it...”


“Well... you can’t,” Captain Eo MJ told me as we continued walking.


Wow. He sure knew how to make a girl feel better.


“Thanks,” I said sarcastically.


“You know... I could take you back. If you wanted I mean. I hate seeing the Supreme Leader so sad, I would hate to bring back your dark side...”


“You would?” I asked.


“Of course! Anything for the Supreme Leader!” He told me as he took a small bow.


“But what if she doesn’t want to see me again?” I asked. I felt kind of stupid for talking about my insecurities with Captain Eo MJ! Whatever. He just stared at me.


“It’s like, whenever I think life is going good, it’s all like; Hold on, let me screw this up for you... ugh!” I complained. He slapped me.


“Ow!” I screamed. That is not how you treat the Supreme Leader!


“Get a hold of yourself! You’re starting to sound like Rhythm Nation Janet! When life knocks you down, calmly and politely get up and say; you slap like a girl. No offense,” Captain Eo MJ advised me. Well that was unexpected, but it did make me smile.


“I didn’t know you were so deep!” I admitted.


“Well... now you know,” he replied.


“So... will you take me up there again?”


“I already said yes!”


“Great! Let’s go!” I said excitedly as I grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him back to my house. I was nervous to confront Lexi, but I missed her. Besides, I wouldn’t mind exploring more of that planet! It’s beautiful!


“Idy! Ody! Start up the spaceship! And Hooter!” Captain Eo MJ ordered.


“Yes boss?” Hooter asked.


“Stop eating all of the food!” Captain Eo MJ screamed as he flung his hands in the air.


“Sorry boss,” Hooter replied.


“Its fine, its fine,” Captain Eo MJ said seeming quite exhausted.


When we landed I immediately wanted to check the subway station again, but I decided against it. They’d probably be gone by now.


“This is your home, where do you think they’d be?” I asked Captain Eo MJ.


“Probably on the crown continent. That’s where the Jackson palace is. I’m guessing that they’d be there,” Captain Eo MJ told me.


“Well then what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” I exclaimed.


When we got to the palace we were escorted to Katherine and Joe. I wasn’t a big fan of Joe, but whatever, I probably wouldn’t have to talk to him anyway.


“Captain Eo MJ! How are you darling?” Katherine asked Captain Eo MJ as she walked up and gave him a great big motherly hug. It was sweet. She turned her attention to me.


“You must be Jade! Oh! I’ve heard so much about you! Are you looking for your friend? What’s her name... Lexi! Are you looking for her?” Katherine asked me politely.


“Yeah, is she around?” I asked as I searched the room, just in case.


“Yes, I’ll call her and Bad MJ down,” Katherine said as she called for a guard who quickly ran off to go get them. I stood there awkwardly waiting for Lexi. As soon as Lexi walked through the doors her face lit up.


“Jade!” She exclaimed.


“Lexi!” I hollered back as we both ran up to each other and exchanged hugs.


“I’m so sorry! I was so stupid! I treated you like a joke!”


“But I walked away like it was funny! We both made mistakes!”


“What were we thinking?”


“Leaving each other like that?”


“We,”


“Were,”


“Stupid,” we both said together. We both started giggling and embraced again.


“I want to come back with you. It’s great here, but it’s not home. How are my parents doing?” Lexi asked me.


“They’re worried, they don’t know where you are and they have people searching for you!”


“Oh my gosh! It’s that serious! If I had known that I would have left sooner! Let’s go Jade! I’m homesick anyway...”


“Alright, let’s go!” I exclaimed. Bad MJ walked in.


“You leaving huh?”


“Yeah...” Lexi said sadly.


“You should visit during the summer or something...” Bad MJ suggested. Lexi smiled.


“I will! Don’t worry!” She assured him as she leapt into his arms and they gave each other a kiss. I was actually a little jealous this time around. He looked like he was good at it. Damn. I hate being single. As they broke away from each other they mouthed sweet things back and forth. Oh God.


When we got home, Lexi’s parents called off the search party and were thrilled to have her back. Lexi had to make up something because telling your parents you went to another planet just doesn’t work. Everything was normal again. Lexi and I were best friends. No more Jacksons although we still stayed in contact with them with a little Nintendo DS thing. It was pretty cool. We were back to hating Olivia, except for Xavier who still tried to play it smooth and we planed on visiting the Jacksons over the summer, like we promised.


It felt good to have everything back to normal again.