- Text Size +

 

     "Wow!" They all gasped in amazement as Meg giggled showing them the hugest landmark in the history of Ancient Rome. "Wait till you see the inside." She winked leading them through the noisy crowd only to get more screaming and cheering.


Men eyed each-other smirking as the Chariot race started and they were moving on. People, mostly women, roared with excitement; even little kids were jumping up and down seeing the chariots horses move like lightning and of course hearing their hooves like endless thunder through the dirt path leaving thick clouds of dust flying in the air.

"Awesome! He's galloping very well if I should say so myself." Jermaine said eyes fixated on the race. Michael nodded while grinning crossing his fingers hoping that the Snow White horse would win. "Come on, come on, you can do it don't look back." He kept saying in his mind as Meg looked at him touching his shoulder and pointing to it. "See him? Everyone loves him; he's very lucky." "Really?" She nodded. "Yep, his name his Legend and he is indeed one; he has been winning many Chariot races for a very long time." "Wow..." Michael was speechless as the equestrians made it to the finish line. The Romans hopped out of their seats clapping and whistling too seeing Legend grinned and neigh in delight; the children all howled with happiness.

Lucius Domitius Aurelian, who was the Roman Emperor, gazed at the kids. His eyes twinkled with glee seeing Tito as they all talked about the race that they had experienced; soon, he made a small grin and rubbed his chin in thought. Calling his guard, he ordered him to bring them to the castle at once. Following his master's command, he then ran down.

     The noise from the horn got everyone's attention. The galloping of the horse's hooves were also heard as it got closer revealing to be the Messenger coming towards the kids.


"The Emperor wishes to see you all." He said as they all got in and rode back to the castle where he was waiting. Gasping was all that came out of the children's mouths as they saw the large Castle that stood tall and proud; the red flags were flying in the air as guardsmen opened up the gate letting the horse through. "Oh. My. Goodness." Michael uttered out in a whisper feeling the sun touch his skin and his eyes brighten up. Men, Women, and slaves all waved at them who took the nice, kind gesture as the ride stopped and they were escorted inside.

There, a long red carpet rolled down; in the large golden throne, sat the Emporer with a large smile seeing the kids approaching; they were ordered to bow down before him as he clapped his hands for them to raise back up.

"Welcome to Ancient Rome young ones; I am very hopeful that you all are enjoying your stay here." They all grinned. "Yes we are thank you very much. It is with great honor and excitement that we are having loads of fun here as we speak." Tito said bowing down. "Very good; I must take it that you all had fun at the Chariot Races today I believe?" They all nodded. "We sure did." They said in unison.

"Well, that is absolutely great to hear. And I have one question to ask you there." Pointing to Tito, the guitarist became confused. "Out of all the people whom I have witness today, I have not seen anyone as enthusiastic and more energetic as you. And of course very strong; how would you like to participate in the next race?"

     Tito blinked twice to make sure if he had heard him right. "Me? you want me to be apart of it?" The Emperor nodded while grinning. "Certainly; after seeing you I couldn't have been anymore glad to see how you were letting yourself be free. Many guests who come, some of them see it as a waist of valuable time and call it nonsense; but you all especially you on the other hand, I could tell by the look of determination on your face said it all for the horse to win." Tito narrowed his eyes collecting all the words that Aurelian had said.


"But.... I don't know if I am willing to-" "Come on Tito it will be fun; after all, you are strong not to mention quick-witted and very light on your feet also." Michael chimed in with the other little ones giving puppy eyes minus Jackie and Jermaine who both thought it would be a terrible idea; Jackie placed a warm fatherly hand on his two-year-younger brother whispering in his ear. "Are you sure Bro because there's always time to pull the plug out you know." Giving him a smirk, Tito turned back around taking slow steps.

"I will do it." He said firmly. "Wonderful. Now, I'll have my servants escort you all to your wings to get ready for the evening ahead. Sirius!" A small plump bald-headed man came in an instant bowing down before speaking. "What do you wish for my Lord?" "Take my new guests and have Delilah cleanse them with a nice hot bath and have the cooks prepare some nourishment; the chosen one will need a lot of strength for tomorrow." "With pleasure." And they all followed him towards the deep inside not believing that in their minds, they were having the royal treatment.