- Text Size +

 

     The rumbling sound of the air conditioning van was heard and seen as it made its way toward the Compound. He then stepped onto the walkway as Joe and Sherman came to greet him. "Welcome to Hayvenhurst sir I'm Joe Jackson; I see you already know Sherman Thompson here?" Nodding he stuck out his hand to shake. "Yes I do believe; my name is Fred Lewis and it is also great to see you there. So, you had called about an air conditioning unit that needs to be looked after?" Both men nodded as they led the way to the back.


Michael got out some cubes of ice dunking them into a large bowl of water as the others watched him scratching their heads. "So, tell us Mike why are you doing that? What's the point in this idea?" Tim, who was one of the Thompson twins asked seeing him smile. "You know on a hot day you just want something that will clench your thirst?" They all nodded. "Well, I'm making the ultimate summer drink of all time: Ice Cold Lemonade!" He then got 4 lemons squirting out the juice as much as he could and getting some sugar to sweeten it. Using a wooden spoon, he started to mix it around until, it was ready. He poured them carefully into each glass and gave to each kid. "Drink up" He announced as they made a toast and drank the cool refreshing drink ever smiling.

"Wow, this is delicious." April complimented seeing him blush. "Thanks"

     Rachel was taking small sips of her beverage when suddenly, a lightbulb was lighting up very brightly above her head. Asking Michael if he had any ice trays, he nodded and got them out of the cupboard; she then also found some plastic wrap and toothpicks. Pouring the remaining lemonade into them, she placed the wrap tightly on them and sticked a the tiny wooden stick in each cube and now, it was time for them to go into the freezer. "What did you do Rachel?" Marlon asked the red headed girl. "You'll see once they are done." She winked causing him to blush. "Now what should we do?" Lily asked finishing her drink and going over to the sink to wash her glass; Mike thought very hard then snapped his fingers snickering. "I have an idea."


Fred got out his tools that he needed and examined the unit and nodded his head in approval. "Okay, I have everything that I need; and I'm going to need your help there Mr. Jackson if that's alright." "It's no trouble at all that way, if it happens next time, then I'll know what to do." He explained getting the instruction Manuel. He heard running water coming from upstairs; Joe had great hearing senses apart from sight and would know what was happening around and behind the Mansion. "Excuse me one moment." And he left following the sound.

Michael filled the last water balloon from the large bathroom sink testing it by seeing the size nodding, and smiling, he then glanced at Marlon who was in his swimming trunks, and goggles inside the shower. The rest of the children looked speechless. "This is your great idea?" Jim asked. "Yep, and the best part is, you don't have to pay to throw them." He winked seeing them smile and nodded to his brothers. "I am Aqua Man! I am here to call all sea creatures to assist me when evil is a foot come to me my friends and together, we will stop mayhem from happening!!" And it started; they threw the liquid filled balloons over at him who was getting wet and laughing at the same time plus getting cool too. "How you feelin' Aqua Jackson?" Jermaine asked trying to hold in his chuckles seeing him enjoying the cold sensation of H2O. The kids laughed hard some were even falling down with their legs in the air and tears in their eyes.

Joe opened the door wondering what was all that racket when suddenly, he slipped on part of the wet floor causing him to fall flat on his back as he held his head up slowly scowling so hard that it looked like his face was going to come off. "Kids... What the heck is going on!?" He yelled at them who all scurried away to clean up the mess and leave before he could try to get up.