- Text Size +

 

     Where: Westlake Recording Studio.


Time: 10:37 A.M.

The Long black car opened up out coming the boys and the Manager. They went in through the doubled glass doors where they were greeted by Motown Founder, and Owner Berry Gordy who was also indeed feeling the heat wiping the sweat off with his hanky. "Good Day boys glad you all could make it." He said in a breathless state as they nodded feeling what he was feeling so they couldn't blame him; he had his dress jacket off along with his neck tie; his shirt was also wet with the buttons opened. He then put in a blank tape and told them to go ahead and sing.

Michael then started to cough; inside, felt too warm but tried to finish and get it over with as much as possible. Joe watched them like a Hawk as he was motioning for them to get it right. The coughing soon came back sensing this, Berry had pressed the button to stop recording and asked him if he was okay? Jackie even got a glass of water for his brother in hopes that would do the trick when suddenly, the 11-year-old passed out. The two men ran inside while the boys tried to wake him up but he just laid there motionless; Tito then told Jermaine to call 911 to send an ambulance on the double.

He slowly opened his eyes while trying to fight off the blurriness also as he saw the faces of the boys with mixtures of worried and relief written all over them. He tried to sit up but was too weak. "Don't push yourself little brother please rest." Jackie said gently fixing him on the bed. "Wh-Where am I?" "You're in the Hospital Mike, it appeared that you passed out from Heat Exhaustion." Marlon said hearing the door opened revealing to be a Male Doctor who looked to be in his early 40's having olive colored skin, jet black hair, and sea green eyes; he appeared to be very handsome. "That's right you did. Good afternoon there Mr. Michael Jackson I'm Doctor Chip Walker and it is very nice to meet you." They shook hands as he then explained to him about what he went through. Soon, the door knocked revealing to be Katherine, Rebbie, Latoya, Randy, and little Janet who was crying her eyes out seeing her big brother as she ran to hug him.

"Oh Michael! I thought you were dead!" She breathed as he patted her. "Don't worry Jan I'm not going anywhere I'm still alive." He wiped her tears away as she gave him a small smile. "Are you alright baby? I was so worried; when I heard the news, I ran out of the Grocery Store not bothering to get the bag." Mike chuckled giving his mother a big hug almost fearing to let go. "No need to be alarmed Mrs. Jackson, he just suffered from Heat Exhaustion no harm done at all but I suggest that next time he drinks plenty of fluids such as water and wear more loose and comfortable clothing." Kate nodded but Mike blushed and slowly held his head down low.

     Joe and Berry were waiting inside the Waiting Area. Soon, Katie came back out to see both of them turn towards her waiting for the news. "So, how is he Mrs. Jackson?" The Founder said as she smiled. "He's fine he just passed out from Heat Exhaustion is all; he's in his room putting back on his clothes." Berry sighed in relief and smiled but Joe, on the other hand, kept his angry demeanor and scowling face up. "He was faking, the boy was faking all this time." The two were clearly taken aback by his rage. "Joseph, why would you say that?" "Oh come on Katie like you don't know the real truth behind this; he was just pretending to be sick just so they wouldn't finish what they were doing and it looks like he's bringing the boys on his side as well." Katherine couldn't believe what her Husband was saying how could he just burst out the way he did?


The couple then went outside leaving Mr. Gordy alone. "Joe, I know at times you can be hard, rough, and not fair at all. How on Earth could you carry on like that? If he was faking, after he passed out, would he just spring back to life? I don't think so!" Joe blinked at her twice at a loss for words. "This had happened by him along with the others wearing those stuffy outfits! Come on now you can't have them wear what they have on can't you feel that it's like 102 degrees out here? You should have let them wear their regular but COMFORTABLE clothes." Joe had nothing to say at that point but when he was going to protest, she held out her hand indicating to not talk. "By the time we leave here, we are going back home to keep cool; the boys will get the rest of the Saturday afternoon off and that's final! Now come!" Feeling defeated, they both walked back inside where they saw the boys smiling at Michael who was now feeling a lot better thanks to Dr. Chip Walker who gave him some brochures about symptoms on what he had and how he could stop them. Katie felt relieved knowing that her son was back in his good condition.

"You all have my word to take the day off today if that's okay with Joseph." Berry said looking at him who nodded only once not saying a word. "But don't worry, you all will still get your paychecks." The children smiled knowing that they would still get paid even though the song was not finished completely. "Thanks Mr. Gordy we won't let you down; see you next week." They waved goodbye going their separate ways as the limo started to go back to Encino.