- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hmmm....

 

"Rise and shine!! Up and at 'em!! my little performers, we have an extravagant day ahead of us!!! We will--

*yawns, Uh..Ringleader Johnny is quite the spring chicken, huh? Yeah, he does this every morning and I should be use to it, but I still love my sleep...I rolled over to the left side and glanced at my Mickey Mouse clock; it read: 8:30 a.m...

Ugh...too early, too early..."  I heard Janet whined...

I giggled...I sat on the side of my bed and rubbed my drowsy eyes...

"Alright, ya'll get dressed..you know we have a long day ahead of us!!" Rebbie droned, while putting on her earrings...her 14 karat gold emerald studs....

She wore those everyday...She called them her "shining hypnotist " *chuckles* 

She said when she wore them, all the attention would remain on her because the earrings shimmered like stars and hypnotized them to focus all their undivided attention on her....

Yeah, my sister is hilarious...

"Michael, hurry...you know how the Ringleader Johnny is about being punctual." Rebbie nagged me...

God, her and Janet I swear are twins...nag, nag, nag...

I rolled my eyes...

"Ok, Rebbie, I'm going; I'm going." I said shuffling my feat against the red velvet carpet...

2 hours past...

So, I just got finish with bit and walked over to the concession stands to grab a nachos, cotton candy, and a lemonade..hey, clowns gotta eat too!!

Of course, the locals recognized me and asked for my signature..I love seeing their smiles and looks of delight when they introduced themselves, especially the children...They were always intrigued by my talents and always wanted a hug or give me their wonderful drawings...just pure iinnocence...

The parents wanted a trinket, but not the children...

"Mr. clown, I drew this of you!!!"  Speak of the devil...

This beautiful gap toothed black girl  who looked about 5 gave me...

"I drew this because i wike yawr acht." She said with her lisp and childlike voice...

"Thank you, my dear." I smiled and took the precious drawing of hers...

She ran back to her mother and father and they waved, while strolling to the waterballon concession stand...

I smiled and looked down at the awaiting gift and saw a a a vivid and detailed painting of me, juggling, well, detailed ina child sense, but I really could make out the my countenance and wardrobe...

I smiled warmly at this lovely gesture....Wow, if she keeps practicing, she could really reward the world with her talents...this painting was very touching and very marvelous.... I took the lovely painting piece and tucked in the front of my pants.

Unfortunately, my blue and black clown pants had no pockets...

But back to my original thought, Dont' tell anyone, but Painting has always been a thing I jotted down on my bucket list, but *sighs* I would have to abandoned my specatacle of a life to achieve it...

Granted, there were artists that did face paint or cartoonish paintings of the locals, but no...hanging in the lviing room where you can gaze and gaze at the lines, the hues, the composition....WOOOO, sorry for tangent, but the arts is sooo....

Anywho, I walked all over the circus and tried to enjoy it and see it from a spectators persepctive...I went to the concessions and shot water into that hole or throw darts at balloons, I recieved alot of attention, while I was throwing those darts...I won this big purple plush bear for a woman, Hehe although, I peeped her husband giving me the side eye...I don' think he liked that very much, but it's in my heart to give, I always gave, but never recieved....

I recieved admiration from my fellow fans, but it just never seemed like enough..but maybe I'm being selfish and ungrateful....


"Baby, I made this cake for you." My mother said picking up the translucent purple glass cake platter and exposed the most luscious red velvet cake that you can imagine...My mama put her foot down with this...Maybe, I got my art adroitness from her because that was a work of art...

My mother and I were sitting around the kitchen table, rapping about the previous event. *sighs* Unfortunately, my father went upstairs and "rested"...I can't believe he's really still pissed about the my trying to develop my own art style..

I looked at my mother with wide eyes of elation...

"Mommy, you didn't have to make this cake for me..it was just a painting." I innocously.

"Candace-Ayana, I'm very proud of you!! You deserve it, baby." She said proudly.

I smiled at her and then looked down, fiddling with my fingers...

"What's wrong, Yani !!" I smiled at the nickname she had for me...

"Yani" was short for Ayana. It's funny how I got that nickname...anyhwo, back to my sulking...

"*sighs* Nothing, mommy" I said softly...

Who am I kidding; I was sad about my daddy...

"Is it your father?" She said bluntly...

I looked at her and gave her half-smile...

"I just thought he would be a little bit more.....proud of me." I said honestly...

She sighed and sat down next to me about to give me her best lecture...

She grabbed my hand and clasped in her warm, delicate palm...

"Honey, you know how your father is!!--

"I know he could've at least showed a sprinkle of joy. Mama, daddy is never satisfied with anything that I do." I claimed...

I looked down at our interwined fingers...

I shook my head and looked over to my left...

"I'm never going to be good enough." I inquired and stated...

"Baby, you know that's not true...your father is a very aloof man..." She said with a softer, comforting tone...

I sighed... Aloof is an understatement...

"He will come around; He loves you very much and is proud of you Yani.'

I looked in to her gentle glare...

"I promise... Now, let's get a slive of this decadence!! Girl, you know how much you love a red velvet cake...that was your first cake too, you've loved it ever sense..."
SHe laguhed, trying to lighten up the sullen ambiance...

I laughed at my mother....talk about bi-polar...

We grabbed a slice, well... slices of that bad boy and enjoyed my prize...

It was 15 minutes after midnight, when we went to bed...

I got under my cozy, Hello Kitty covers and reminsce about the previous events...

I did win the art show and recieved $500 dollars, but I still felt...I don't know how to elaborate, but...maybe I'm just being ungrateful...anywho, let me go to the world that never sleeeps...my mind and *yawn* think about *yawn*.....silence

Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoy it :)