- Text Size +

‘Three days after the wedding’

 

It's been a few days since the drama of Chris and Daniella at Michael and Amber's wedding. They had seen footage of their wedding on the news but we're glad that none of the drama had been found out

 

Everything had settled down for the moment as Michael had spent the remainder of the day helping pack Dani's things out of Chris's flat.

 

He didn't want to help but couldn't change Amber's stubborn mind.

 

Marlon was at home helping Chris to lament and get his frustrations out by writing it down into his work, thankfully to his relief it had helped and the brother had somewhat calmed down.

 

Currently he was laid down for a nap in his bedroom sleeping off the huge amount of soul food they shared from a spilt bill.

Marlon lounged on the couch tuning his guitar quietly basking in the silence.

 

.

.

.

 

Michaela knocked on the door of Katherine Jackson hoping she was home.

She had become a mother figure over last several months and she felt she could talk about the constant throwing up in the middle of the night these last few days.

 

Katherine walked to the front door drying her hands with a cloth. She wondered who was at the door, she didn't remember ordering anything for Michael's fan club store till tomorrow.

 

When she was close enough to the door handle, she opened it to reveal Michaela standing there with her hands behind her back.

 

Katherine gave a warm smile to the young woman. She hadn't seen the girl since the wedding and didn’t have the chance to really talk to her during the day or before since everyone had been so busy.

 

"Michaela dear come in! It's been quite some time since I last saw you" Katherine smiled before turning around to walk back into the house with Michaela following behind her.

 

Once sat down Katherine stood up to get refreshments but Michaela's hand on her arm stopped her from going to the kitchen.

 

"Michaela what is the matter?" Katherine coaxed to Michaela as she slowly sat back down next to her.

 

"I've been feeling ill these last few days towards the wedding and I've been throwing up my food like no man's business. I wondered is there something wrong with me? Or was it something I ate?" She answered pressing her lips together in thoughtfulness.

 

Katherine's mother senses were tingling knowing exactly what the issue was and decided to let the young girl know.

 

"Listen Michaela as a mother who has had her fair share of children you are pregnant. There isn't any other way to say it" Katherine blurted in an honest tone.

 

"Pregnant-t?" Michaela stuttered in a hushed tone.

 

"once I return from my phone call I bring you something to eat'" Katherine told the young girl soothingly. She patted her thigh gently before getting up to walk out of the living room.

 

Just as Katherine was about to make the call on the land phone when Grace walked down the last flight of stairs to see her friend near the phone.

 

"who are you calling?" Grace questioned as she stepped down the last stair.

 

"I'm going to call Marlon he's gotten himself into a predicament but can you please check on Michaela for me? She's in the living room" she replied smiling weakly at Grace.

 

"Let me guess she's pregnant" Grace responded with one eye brow raised.

 

The pair of friends shared a deep sigh knowing that was the answer. Grace went to the living room to give some motherly advice to Michaela.

 

Now alone Katherine dialed Marlon's house phone to her relief he responded after the first dial.

 

Marlon: hello?

 

Kathrine: Marlon baby how is it sharing with Chris?

 

Marlon: terrible mother I truly miss my bed but he won't be here for long I'll manage.

 

Katherine giggled in amusement from his complaints but didn't want to dwell too long on the matter.

 

Katherine: now I have a reason to call you baby. Michaela is over here and I feel she'd need you here.

 

Marlon: is she sick mother? I haven't seen her due to the wedding and now looking after Chris's drunk as-- butt.

 

Katherine: sick to the point that she could be having your baby?

 

It took Marlon a second to register what the information his mother just said to him.

 

Marlon: pre-gnant?! Ah-she!

 

Katherine: for your own sake Marlon please start making your way over now. She needs you here and we as a family need to figure out how to help you.

 

Marlon: ye-es mother.

 

The phone conversation ended with Katherine returning the phone back in its place. She gently massaged her temples wondering how she was going to figure out this sticky situation.

 

She mediated briefly thinking of positive thoughts to focus her thoughts to the situation at hand. Now feeling mentally ready Katherine made her way back to the living room.

 

She walked into the room to see Grace hugging Michaela to her side. Katherine was glad the situation wasn't too bad but all they could do was wait.

 

"Marlon should be arriving soon. when he arrives, we will discuss what can be done for the both of you. Now I think we all need a cool glass of Ice tea" Katherine chirped kindly.

 

She spun around to walk out of the door to the kitchen seconds later returning with a tray of glasses of ice tea and freshly made tart truffles.

 

Meanwhile:

 

Marlon drove to his brother’s place allowing his thoughts to wonder.

His mind recalled the down cast expression on Michaela’s on the day of Michael and Amber’s revamped wedding day.

 

It didn’t take him long to get to his brother’s mansion. With quick access, he drove into the open gates. He parked his car in the one empty parking space strolling up to the mansion.

 

He quietly opened the door pausing briefly to hear loud thumping coming from a of the many rooms. He walked on silently wondering if his little niece was around. To his relief, she wasn’t in her room to hear her parents happily bring another child into the world.

 

Thankfully she’s at Andy’s place away from finding out she has another sibling on the way.  Marlon smirked inwardly to himself at the thought that crossed his mind.

 

He decided to sit head to the kitchen and grab himself a beer to drink while he waited for the couple to finish their round of sex.

 

Half an hour later Marlon was awarded by michael’s high pitched shout once he saw who was seating on his couch.

 

“why hello little brother enjoyed your round of baby making?” Marlon asked as he gulped down the last of his drink.

 

“you are impossible… Amber is sleeping now” Michael sighed at his brother before strolling to where he sat to seat by his side.

 

“one of these days you will tell how you knock out Amber out but I’m not here for that little brother” Marlon sighed running one hand though his afro.

 

Michael immediately sensed his brother’s nervousness and couldn’t help but blurt out why his usually sassy and annoying brother was nervous “why what happened?”

“Michaela is pregnant and the kid is mine” he responded rubbing his neck avoiding eye contact with his little brother.

 

“I can’t stay I am not surprised Marlon you do have your shares of girls but at least you didn’t impregnate a brainless one. I know you’ll be a great daddy. Congrats idiot” Michael answered after a small silence.

 

“thanks, little brother I’m glad I have your back” Marlon scoffed in response before clapping his little brother on the back.

 

“how did mother find it? Did she freak out?” Michael questioned his brother with a beaming smile.

 

“actually, she sounded quite calm on the phone” Marlon pointed smiling wickedly at his brother.

 

“not fair” Michael mumbled while Marlon snickered behind his hand.

 

“well little brother I can’t stay any longer I have to face the music and all” Marlon said standing up.

 

“good luck Marlon” Michael said in farewell.

 

Marlon didn’t look back as he walked out of his brother’s house to make his way to his mother’s home.

 

He arrived at her place in a nick of time just as the door was opened by Randy rushing out of the door for an errand for aunty Grace. Marlon skipped to the side in the time before his brat of a brother could knock him over.

 

“RANDY!” Marlon bellowed after his brother.

 

Randy didn’t bother looking back knowing he was a mission for aunt grace and didn’t want her wrath on him if he got the list of things clutched in his hand wrong.

 

Marlon walked into his mother’s home closing the door behind him. He didn’t waste heading straight to hushed voices he heard coming from the living room.

 

“looks like a party and I wasn’t invited” He said dryly innocent his presence.

 

The trio of women paused the conversation to look up to see the man they had been waiting for.

 

Grace chose to leave this family matter for themselves and went to get herself a drink and spend time with her man on the phone.

 

The trio sat down amongst themselves discussing what they could do help and it was decided Michaela would keep the baby with Marlon. Marlon wasn’t too thrilled to have a child but he didn’t let that show on his face knowing his mother could sense his uneasy emotions. But he understood it was unavoidable and he had to take responsibility.

 

 

Epilogue:

 

A decade later or more (into the early 90s)

 

Nevada the oldest Jackson child of the superstar family didn’t like that she had to babysit her siblings and cousins before the twins had their surprise birthday in the family garden.

 

I am not paid enough for this!

Nevada thought to herself with her younger siblings under her arms while the the rest of her cousins were pilled around her legs clutching on for dear life.

 

Grandpa Andy strolled into the room to see his eldest grandchild stuck in a tight pickle, because of the younger children clinging to her like she was a jungle gym.

 

He decided to help her from the bambi eyes she sent him in pleading to help get  the munchkins off her.

 

“kids I believe grandma Katherine has some fresh cookies waiting in the kitchen” Andy mentioned out loud.

 

The children immediately rushing forward to the kitchen in hopes of the delicious sweet treats. Once the rest of the children were off her. She set down the wiggling set of sisters who as well ran after their cousins.

 

“thanks grandpa looking after them all is exhausting why did mum and dad have more kids? They could have just stuck with me!” the young woman complained to her amused grandpa.

 

“what about the rest of your cousins? No complaints about them?” he mentioned grinning at his reluctant grandchild.

 

“they don’t deserve a mention but I am your favourite grandchild right that you’ll get me a car right for my birthday next month?” Nevada mentioned blinking innocently at her favourite grandad.

 

“we shall see sweetie I can’t decide if your parents don’t want you near the wheel just yet” he replied chuckling taking a hold of her smaller hand to swing their hands together.

 

“they won’t allow it unless you, grandma Katherine or grandma grace helps” she pointed out grinning widely looking every inch of her father’s copy.

 

Andy chuckled at her words before the duo left the room to head to the kitchen in hopes there would be some cookies left but nonetheless grandma Katherine always had enough to spare.

 

Later in the day the sounds of the Jackson clan and their guests’ laughter and chatting was heard scattered all over the spacious garden.

 

The men were standing not too far away from the pool gossiping with a cool drink or alcohol in hand.

 

“I can’t believe you went and bought a damn lion brother! How has Amber not kicked your ass?” Chris barked in laughter.

 

“this is the last pregnancy she would allow me have and she knew the deal was to get another exotic animal every time she became pregnant after Nevada” Michael responded smirking slyly to the amusement of Marlon, Chris, Junior, Andy and Quincy.

 

“ooh don’t let sis hear you say that brother she won’t be happy!” Junior chipped in cheekily.

 

“did I hear my name?” Amber drawled announcing her presence waddling towards them holding her round six-month bump.

 

“Michael was saying you allowed him have that beautiful tiger not too from here” Marlon responded grinning at his little sister.

 

“sadly I agreed to his stupid deal but I’ll leave you men to have your fun” she responded rolling her eyes.

 

“Love please rest don’t go overboard” Michael pleaded to her kissing her forehead tenderly.

 

“how many pregnancies will it take for you to see I won’t go overboard” she huffed in response looking away from the smirking faces of the guys.

 

Amber stepped aside to walk somewhere else to rest her aching feet. But that didn’t last long till her she was ambushed by her babies all chatting endlessly taa once.

 

Later in the Evening,

 

Everyone began to leave with their families one by one, finally leaving Michael and his family alone in peace.

 

Michael and Amber cuddled together in bed remaining over everything that happened in the last decade.

 

Danielle and Chris didn’t get back together because Chris felt it was best to go their separate ways. Chris used his current heartache into his comedic stands up earning him more recognition in the comedian world.

 

Daniella had decided to return home to stay with her family till she was back on her feet again. Amber and Michael eventually forgave her and they still talked on the phone from time to time.

 

Marlon and Michaela worked out the sudden pregnancy news deciding to keep the child and raise it together. A year later Marlon propersed to Michaela surpising everyone that he would settle down. They are still together with three children and their owned chains of music stores.

 

Andy and Cherri are still happily married with Junior working in a top notch bakery making a nice decent amount of dough. He has a steady relationship with a girl his age, he met outside the bakery.

. Randy with his skill of writing great scripts found his chance in Hollywood (with his brother’s connections) to be a script writer. He didn’t leave out his younger sister getting her decent roles. She became a hit sensation on the TV because of her talent to portray any emotion.

 

Grace and Quincy ended up marrying a year after the Marlon and Michaela drama with good wishes by the whole family. Andy was relieved that she was over him and happy with another man.

Amber gave birth to another set of twins to michael's amusement (one boy and a girl)

 

Chapter End Notes:

I've decided to end this story on a short note. I feel the story has run it's course. Thank you to everyone who commented, favourited, and silent read. I had fun writing this story and I will surely miss A/M they were my first couple to write.

Any favourite moments? see you in the next story!