- Text Size +

Faith: 

It was blissful week without having to think about helping the prince or any other thing to do involved with him, it was wonderful.

 

It was the typical semi quiet Friday in uncle’s Zane shop, there was a few customers around and no prince in sight. I hummed as I watched the rain drip down the windows and the people rushing to get to their destinations outside.

 

The twinkling sound coming from the door signalled a customer had entered into the shop.

Focusing my attention on the door, I smiled politely until I saw who was at the door and my smile quickly turned to a frown.

 

I groaned loudly thinking to myself why now! Gosh I almost thought I got rid of him for a good while, there goes my week of peace and quiet.

 

“what are you doing here Prince Michael?” I asked rudely, he walked up to the desk removing his coat and holding a book in his large hand. “Aww I thought you would have missed me Liberian girl I have certainly missed you”

 

I rolled my eyes as I stretched out my hand to get the book but the prince was sadly in the mood to play, swiftly removed the book from my reach that led us to play for several minutes. I sighed in annoyance and faced his bodyguard Jim “how do you handle such an annoying guy Jim?”

 

Jim smirked also answered highly amused, “It takes years to master miss” Prince Michael protested “Hey! You’re meant to be on my side Jim what happened to our brotherhood?” while he was distracted I grabbed the book out of his hand as he sulked when he saw the book wasn’t in his hand.

 

I did the usual routine for returns, as well as placing the book on the shelf of stacked books near the back entrance.

 

The room as usual was buzzing with different people talking about the prince who asked nicely for one of his bodyguards to get him a chair so he could sit along with me.

 

The chair was seated in front of the desk where as the Prince gladly sat on facing me smilingly.

 

I placed my head on my palm watching the prince look at me, his brown eyes expressing fatigue that didn’t match with his smile.

 

I asked bluntly “you look tired prince, what have you been doing all week that has made you lost sleep?”

 

He chuckled heartedly “I’m glad you care for my well being Liberian girl, I knew you cared for me…” he paused and he ran a hand though his curly thick hair continuing his speech “I have…insomnia? I think that is the right word in English no?” I nodded at his question then he went on “I have been so busy with my studies as well as my princely duties going to conferences meeting world leaders and going to hospitals to meet the sick…it just has been a very busy week for me”

 

I was surprised at hearing he had ‘insomnia’ I didn’t expect him to tell me this much about himself since I had closed most of my life from him.

 

Removing my hand from my palm also rotating it up and down to get the circulation back into my hand.

I asked causally “why didn’t you get any prescriptions to get you to sleep back home or here?”

 

The prince snorted, “my father does not believe in all the modern medicines unless you are sick or seriously injured”

 

“well your father needs to learn that modern tech has taken over we aren’t in the stone age” the prince laughed at my choice of words “stone age? I will defiantly use that riddle when I talk to him on the phone”

 

His curiosity over everything was adorable. Wait adorable? When has my thoughts suddenly thought his royal highness adorable? Snap out of it faith.

 

We chatted some more about other topics when my uncle appeared from the back of the shop entrance with his lime green suit accompanied by his black polished hat and shoes as well as his round glasses.

 

Uncle Zane suddenly appearing behind me and said cheerfully “ my favourite niece, is this the young Prince that walked into our store one month ago? Hello your highness it is an honour for you to be in my shop! I hope your enjoying your time here” He held out a hand to shake the prince’s hand that gladly shook his hand firmly in return.

 

I jumped slightly from Uncle’s sudden appearance while he began to talk to the prince who looked intrigued by my uncle’s wardrobe at the moment.

 

My phone rung suddenly, I looked at the screen to see it was my other side of the family.

 

“I have to take this call, you guys eh talk while I’m gone” and I quickly walked to the back of the entrance shutting the door behind me.

 

I took a deep breath to calm myself because I knew it was going to be an exhausting and tiring exercise to talk to my cousin Lavender on the phone.

 

Swiping the touch screen to answer the call, I held my phone in my hand while leaning on the wall.

 

“Hello?” I said calmly to my cousin on the phone.

 

“why hello Faithless how are you?” I heard from cousin’s posh high-pitched voice.

 

I cut to the chase I didn’t want to spend any more time talking to her or any one else from that side of the family.

“What do you want Lavender?”

She replied faking sadness “is that any way to talk to your wonder cousin?” I didn’t answer letting the silence linger until she spoke “ok I did have a reason for calling faithless, I have seen in the gossip magazines that Prince Michael has been spotted coming lately to uncle’s Zane place and I think it is about time I come visit my wonderful cousins and your street rat styled home”

 

I took another breath to calm my anger but I didn’t want to succumb to her taunts at insulting my family. I clenched my teeth and breathed though my nose replying sarcastically “I can’t wait for your arrival”

 

She answered sweetly toxic “I’ll be coming home in two weeks time don’t forget I always have your disgusting room which will never be better than my room dear cousin”

I abruptly cut the call and held the urge to break my phone for the second time after talking to one of my cousins.

 

I went to the back kitchen where our staff that worked for small café next to the library and asked quietly to our main chef Dennis who’s hazel eyes took one look at my expression and brought out one of his latest creations out of the oven.

 

“I know that expression sweetheart, here is my latest creation tell me what you think when you bring back the plate” he winked sweetly then went back to focusing on his cakes and other masterpieces he made up on the spot.

 

Grabbing a fork from the counter, I whispered ‘thank you’ to Dennis who paused turning around smiling warmly “your welcome puppet” went back to work.

 

I held the plate in my hand munching on the sweet gooeyness that melted in my mouth as I slowly took my time back to uncle and prince Michael.

 

Arriving a few minutes later to see Michael smiling tightly while looking around for me until his large brown eyes spotted my entrance. He shouted pleadingly “Liberian girl”

 

I rolled my eyes as I walked up to them “you didn’t need to shout prince, I’m right here, now uncle what did you say that has gotten his highness frightened?” I turned around to uncle.

 

A frown appeared on his lips and he replied “frightened? Oh I hope I didn’t overwhelm you your majesty”

He turned his frightened face towards the prince who waved his arms wildly “oh you did not overwhelm me eh Mr Zane no need to fear” the prince lied to my uncle to calm him down.

And here I thought Prince’s couldn’t lie even in front of us simple folk.  I thought while taking another bite into this delicious desert.

 

Uncle observed the prince for one full minute spoke “oh you do not need to lie to me your majesty, a lot of people have told me I can be a little over the top how about I make it up to you?” he paused thinking for a moment until an idea struck him “why didn’t you come over to our family night that is held at Faith’s family home this Sunday? You can get the details from her now”

 

I chocked on the wrong piece and grabbing a piece of tissue I spat the piece that went down the wrong pipe. I coughed lightly “that is not necessary uncle, the prince must be so busy with other matters----“ his royal highness interrupting “I would love to come over for family night” he grinned mischievously.

 

Uncle clapped his hands as he spoke “wonderful your highness, I will inform the rest of the family that we have an extra guest coming over this weekend, I will see you there goodbye” and Uncle walked away.

 

I mimicked prince Michael’s voice “I would love to come over for family night!, seriously?” he giggled delighted “your uncle suggested it and how could I refuse Liberian girl? It was an offer I could not refuse besides I will get a chance to meet your ordinary family”


“say It with me prince Michael, Faith it is not that hard to say my name” I said sarcastically.

 

Now it was the prince Michael’s turn to roll his eyes “when you call me Michael then I will call you by your name, how many times have we had this discussion”

 

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to eat my treat until the prince’s long slim finger swiped a piece of my cake. He slipped the piece into his mouth and closing his eyes moaning in delight “what a delightful taste, I want more” he opened his eyes to look at my cake.

 

I covered my arm around my cake while I sneered at him threatening “go get your own treat, there are more at the café don’t touch mine”

 

 

As usual the Prince didn’t listen to my threat trying to protect my cake from his greedy hands. This kept me distracted from thinking about the impending doom of the return of my cousin Lavender who would be arriving in two weeks time.

Chapter End Notes:

ooh his royal cuteness is coming to dinner at Faith's family home *sniggers* you'll get too meet the rest of the family...what else will happen?

I hope you like it, i would love to hear what you think :D

thanks for reading so far <3