- Text Size +



Lefa didn't waste any time walking to the throne room from what she recalled from the servant sent to fetch her his majesty was in a terrible mood.

Lefa entered the throne room immediately noticing the strained atmosphere.

"Your majesty what has got you in such a sour mood? Is it the death of the late queen because it's been buzzing all over the place she died" she said smiling sadly in his direction.

Michael's eyes looked down glaring darkly at Lefa from his place on the throne. He barked out a bitter laugh at the sheer ridiculous of her foolish words.

"You are clearly mistaken Lefa my Queen is recovering from her miscarriage which she and I didn't know she was pregnant which she has told me you are the cause of. Tell me why you did it" he replied in a surprisingly calm voice.

"I wouldn't do such a thing! She is lying" she replies in protest shaking her head.

"You are the one lying tell me the truth" he bellowed loudly loosing his cool.

"I didn't" she said yet again defending herself but her words sounded weak in Michael's ears.

Michael sick of her bullshit got up from his throne and stood directly in front of her pining his ebony eyes on her which she could see so many emotions swimming back and forth.

She stepped back feeling his overwhelming fury from his expressive large eyes.

"Fine I was the one who did it and I don't regret if I had the chance I would do it all over because you picked her over me!" she screamed at his highness as her chest heaved up and down.

"my queen brought you here to help me and all you can do is say such terrible things! I don't even remember your face" he sneered back at her, his jaw clenched and his fists clenched tightly.

"How typical of your highness I was seventh Girl you rejected when you were looking for a bride last year! I changed everything about myself to meet your standards" She replied hotly.

"I do not care for a woman who's idea of destroying a life a mere child is capable of being a wife to either me or another man I do not want to be in your presence any longer you are here by sentence to prison for your crimes ...now take her away" he said turning his back on her as the guards immediately took her away as she tried clawing her way out of their strong holds.

She was carried out to the palace prison where many men and woman have died for their heinous crimes, prisoners weren't treated too fairly and some ended up taking their own lives due to the living conditions which Lefa was now going to face.

It took an hour by car to get there as she was squashed between two men and when they arrived Lefa was practically thrown into a shoebox sized room.

She scrambled up to her feet to try and escape but the steel metal gates were slamed in her face.

As she shook the metal bars it finally dawned her that she would be here for the rest of her life. Instead she gave up and fell flat on her ass staring at the cold silver chains sat on her slender wrists.

She didn't care if she was going to be here for the rest of her life but she wanted to extract one last revenge.

Several hours later a guard came to the gate asking if she wanted to call any family members she agreed and he came pulling her up by her wrist and dragging her to the phone room.

Once there he pushed her down into the seat and he left her to have a moment.

Lefa dialled the number she'd memorised and waited for someone to pick up as she held the phone in her hand.

"Yes can I speak to your editor I have a very interesting story to say about our majesties..." She said trailing off to render a short but sweet story spinning lies to the editor who lapped up the news like a starved dog on a hot summer day.

"Finish up" the guard barked coldly to Lefa.

"Alright tell mama I love her" she frigged in a fake tone and dropped the call.

The guard repeating what he did earlier pulled her along and she went back into the cell smirking that she successed in her last step of revenge.

After Lefa had left Michael went to the room and took a long shower standing there thinking over the loss of his child and Wife blaming his soft heart over their lost.

Turning the shower head off he stood in his birthday suit momentarily until he took one of the towels wrapping it around himself. He went back to the room to oil himself and went to bed only falling asleep three hours later his heart heavy over everything that has happened.

The next day after Michael picked up Faith from the hospital. He left her alone in their room as she took a nap and he went away helpless on how to help her in this depressed state.

She hadn't said a word to anyone not even Phoebe who tried to coax a few words out of her before leaving her be to have a nap.

Michael sat holding Faith in his lap as they sat in silence. He ran his hand through her hair as she cuddled in his arms.

The silence broke when the phone rung continually getting on Michael and Faith's nerves.

Faith sighed at the irritating sound and untangled herself from his hold to stretch her arms to snatch the phone off the hook.

"Hello?"

"Fai?!"

"Mum?! Why do you sound so panicked calm down"

"Honey turn on the TV you and Michael are all over the news here in the UK"

"What?!" She yelled out in dismay.

"What's wrong my queen?" Michael asked her wondering what the hell was going on.

Faith covering the mouth of the phone with her palm she requested urgently for him to turn the TV on to the news station.

He wasn't sure what was happening but he obliged her wish and turned on the TV by remote.

The news anchor man spoke in the usual monotone voice as he stated the latest news

The latest news about our new rulers has the country and all over in a frenzy over the news that she had been pregnant until she aborted the child at the hospital where she and his majesty were spotted at by an anonymous insider----

Michael turned off the TV disgusted and angry at the news he had heard about what wasn't true in the least.

The phone fell out of Faiths hands on the bed as the news played in her mind. Wrapping her arms around herself she didn't say anything but to stare out into space.

"Hello?" Carrie said still on the phone.

Michael grabbing the phone and answered her worriedly "hello mother...the news.." he trailed going into full detail about the true news instead of the lies Lefa built reminding him to go pay a her visit in prison.


"I'm glad you don't believe any of the stupid rubbish my ex assistant cooked up mother" Michael said kindly to Carrie on the phone.

"Of course I wouldn't believe any of the over the top gossip the media always cooks up these days Michael" Carrie replied her voice coloured in sarcasm.

"Oh how I miss my queens sarcasm mother she hasn't been herself since...we lost our child" he replied swallowing painfully.

"How is she coping..?" Carrie asked deeply concerned.

"She isn't coping well mother she doesn't talk to anyone you are the first she spoke today since we returned from the hospital" Michael explained to her as turned his head to look at his unresponsive wife briefly before facing the phone once more.

"Oh it's just bad as I thought Michael she's enclosed in her own mind replaying the pain over and over again" Carrie replied worried.

"Has this happened before mother?" He asked dreading the answer.

"Yes but it was a different situation I'll tell you it another day" she answered sadly.

"I don't know what to do to snap her out of it, seeing her like this breaks my heart" he replied disheartened.

"I think it's time I returned back to Africa to come help you my baby needs me I know how it is to lose a child" Carrie replied gently.

"That would be wonderful mother when you will come?" Michael asked feeling a small wave of relief run though him.

"Give me a few days I'll be there I just need to sort out the details and everything with Devnon and the twins" she explained firmly.

"How will they cope without you Carrie?" Michael teased feeling slightly better.

"I won't be gone for too long besides I'll cook enough for them to cope" she replied.

"I will pay for you ticket in advance mother what day?" Michael said looking at the calendar on the table.

Carrie knew she wouldn't be able to get her way when it came to paying for her ticket but she allowed him have his way this time.

"Next Thursday morning?" She replied.

"That's fine I'll will have Jim text you the details tonight or tomorrow, see you soon mother" Michael said in farewell.

"See you soon Michael goodbye" Carrie replied.

Carrie dropped the phone and faced her husband who had listened attentively to the phone conversation.

"I don't like hearing about how our child being in pain Carrie" he spoke in a strained voice.

"Neither do I Devnon that's why I want to go there and help Michael, he sounds like he's at his wits end with Faith's attitude I fear she might lash at him untentionally which she will regret" Carrie said putting her small hand on Devnon's bigger hand.

Devnon clutched her hand on his tightly as he sighed softly.

"Go our Fai needs you, I will look after the twins until you return" he replied smiling tightly.

"I will thank you for my being my best friend" Carrie said pecking his lips as she stood up from his side to prepare dinner leaving Devnon to ponder in his mind over his eldest child.

Meanwhile Michael dropped the phone on his side of the world to see Faith switched positions from her siting still to now laying on her back not facing him.

He went around the bed to see she had fallen asleep. Michael could only stare at her as she slept seeing the tear tracks on her cheeks, her skin darker due to the intense humidity of the sun was paler in comparison.

He bent down to kiss her forehead the flutter of her eyelashes was response from his touch, he stood up glancing one more time at Faith and walked out of the room to the car where a driver was waiting for him.

With his usual set of bodyguards Michael went inside the car where he was driven to the prison which was an hour or more away from the palace.

Arriving at the prison gates Michael greeted the guards politely as they opened the gates for the driver to drive into the prison.

He stepped out of the car eyeing the prison walls and ignoring the open stares from the staff. He asked a staff to bring him to lefa and she graciously guided him to Lefa's cell.

Now standing at the cell as Lefa threw a ball at the wall and catching it in her hands. From what Michael could tell from her back her dress was ripped in some places which he didn't care for he was just interested in knowing why she sold her story to the press.

"Lefa" he called out calmly.

Lefa paused in her game twisting her body around to face his highness.

"Your highness what are you doing here!" She exclaimed in surprise.
But his highness didn't have the time or cares for her sweet act.

"Why did you do it?" He asked her bluntly.

"Do what?" She implied innocently.

"Sending out that fake information to the press" he spat furious.

"Oh that" she said licking her cracked lips before continuing "I wanted my last piece of revenge"

Michael holding onto the bars tightly as he resisted the urge to rip them off and finish her off himself instead he stated seriously "you will never have a any chance of freedom for destroying my heir to the throne as well doing this enjoy your stay I'll believe it's wonderful here" he finished on a sarcastic note.


He stepped back from the bars and walked away without a one glance. He went back to the car with his men and went home dreading what mood his wife was going though.

Chapter End Notes:

Here's is the update I wanted to give you my wonderful fans lol. Comments as always are loved. enjoy!