- Text Size +


The family night in..

Now the Parker family (expect devnom) was excited after such a long period the Prince finally coming back to their humble home.

Now it had become a routine for the family to cook for his royal highness, as always everything was prepared on time by Carry and Faith for the dinner.

It was seven in the evening when Prince Michael knocked on the door and Eddie being the only one available downstairs paused his Nintendo and went to the door.

He opened the door to look into the smiling face of Prince Michael.

"Your highness! Welcome it's been awhile since you came back" Eddie said excitedly.

"It's lovely to see you as well Eddie" Michael grinned down and ruffling his platinum blonde hair.

After a few words of protest Eddie grumbling his annoyance and Michael chuckling cheekily, both of them walked to the living room to see everyone was sitting there.

After a heartfelt greeting from the girls (expect Faith and Devnon) Prince Michael requested for everyone's attention.

"Well I know it's been so long since my last visit ...last time was when Lavender was around..but! I have brought gifts along with me"

Prince Michael turning around to ask one of his several bodyguards to please fetch his gifts from the car. The bodyguard (Darryl) obeyed and returned several seconds later, his hands full of bags.

"Now in each bag I have put brought you all something I hope you like them" Prince Michael grinning.

Darryl passing each bag to each person and they all gasped collectively at what they say in their bags.

Juliette received a stunning bracelet silver with mini trinkets of Disney princesses chained around it..

Carry received a dazzling diamond necklace studded in blue rhinestones.

Devnon received a custom made Swiss black and gold Watch, his name engraved on the back of the watch.

Faith received a beautiful Ruby jewelled Promise ring and Eddie was given a stack of six new games for his Nintendo.

The only two people in the room that were glad to receive their gifts were Juliette and Eddie who gushed excitedly over theirs.

Carry admired the bedazzling necklace in her hands but she felt it was too good for her and she voiced her opinion to Prince Michael.

"Your highness this gift is wonderful..I can't accept it" Carry said.

"Neither can I" Devnon piped in politely

"But why?" Prince Michael asked confused and a tiny bit heart broken.

"These gifts must have cost you alot of money and we won't be able to pay you back" Carry explained.

Prince Michael snorted in amusement "you do not need to, I brought them because I wanted to! Please accept them they are yours" he said to sooth the worried minds of Devnon and Carry.

They didn't speak any further but pack away their gifts and put it on the table.

Carry seeing the twins didn't say anything to thank Prince scolded them and they got up together and hugged him in gratitude.

Prince Micheal returning the hug tightly and let go of them to look at Faith who was blankly eyeing her gift.

"Michael can we talk outside..alone?" Faith asked politely to him.

Prince Michael nodded his head and gulped loudly.

Everyone watched them walk out and kept silent to listen into the conversation outside.

"Have you forgotten our conversation not too long ago? Marriage?! Does that ring a bell?" Faith said sarcastic.

"I didn't get you an engagement ring you aren't ready to marry me yet, so I brought you a promise ring instead..I even brought one for myself to signature our love and no will take your place" he said and pulled out the chain around his neck to show his ring.

"It would make me truly happy if you wore it my love" He crooned while stepping up to caress her face softly.

Faith could feel the blush rise on her cheeks as she looked into his hypnotic brown eyes.

"Fine..whatever" Faith said in defeat and Michael bent down to kiss her gently.

Unknown to the young couple everyone had lost interest after Faith spoke but Devnon hadn't and had listened into the whole conversation and smirked.

That's my baby girl standing up for herself but marriage...seems I need to have another chat with his royal highness again. Devnon thought quietly to himself.

The young couple walked back in and dinner started, the usual banter was thrown across the table between everyone. There wasn't any awkwardness but everyone was enjoying each others company and eating the appetizing food in front of them.

It was time again for Dessert where as Devnon volunteered Prince Michael should follow him into the kitchen.

Now in the kitchen Devnon confronted the worried Prince and said bluntly to him.

"You said you wouldn't break my daughter's heart your majesty but you clearly did a month or so ago I can't remember when she was crying for you. I have never seen my little girl cry like that since she was a child what did you do to get her to that state?" He stopped letting the lace of anger breath into his voice and eyed the frightened Prince.

"Sir it was unintentional and it wasn't my fault.." he said and told the whole story to Devnon.

Devnon sighed crossing his arms knowing his protective side of being father wouldn't always be there to shield his child from the threat of heartache but he accepted she was a...Woman and it made him proud yet sad.

"I know she buts up a tough girl attitude but my girl is fragile behind that wall and I can see you have succeeded in breaking her walls down bit by bit all I ask is for you to look after her and be the man she desires.. ..I give you my blessings" Devnon ended looking at the prince seriously.

"I will try my hardest sir to look after her and be there for her for the rest of my life" Prince Michael swore solemnly.

To ease down the tension in the room Devnon asked about the promise ring.

"Faith isn't ready to marry me just yet..so I got her the promise ring until she is ready" Prince Michael replied.

"Now don't worry your highness she will eventually will accept your proposal" Devnon said in reassurance and patted his shoulder lightly.

"Please call me Michael I hope she does soon" Prince Michael told him kindly.

Devnon was taken back at the change of title but he didn't let that show.

"She will..then let's get this treat out to the family Michael!" He said cheerfully.

And the conversation that took place ended there and they returned back to the living room to indulge in the fruit cake dessert.

The fruit cake split into several pieces for everyone until there was nothing left. Around eleven in the evening Michael and Faith decided to leave to go home together.

After more thanks and goodbyes were shared, the tired couple left the Parker House and went to the car for the long drive home.

"Enjoyed yourself Tiger...what did my dad say to you?" Faith asked while being cradled in his arms enjoying the privacy where as the rest of the bodyguards were in the next car.

"Of course I did and you don't need to worry love he was just giving me a warning" he replied simply.

"Alright if you say so Tiger" Faith replied and slipped her hand into his.

"I love you my queen" he crooned lovingly and kissed her firmly and she responded kissing him back deeply. At this point Michael tightly held her as the kiss became a little more heated.

Faith feeling it was going a little far kissed him one more time and snuggled further into his loving embrace.

Chapter End Notes:

Another family night! His poor majesty 😂..Enjoy!