- Text Size +

Several weeks since his highness into the house next to faith's shared flat with Phoebe.


Since then he has come over every day to have breakfast with them to the delight of Phoebe and the great annoyance to Faith who is the one that has to cook for them all.

So it was another relatively calm morning, they didn't have any classes since it was their day off (included for Phoebe)


Faith drinking a cup of coffee and watching the prince scoff down her cooking alongside his bodyguards, she cooked for them all out of the goodness of her heart if she didn't cook for them somehow mum would know and call her to scold her about not feeding the adorable prince (her words).

So faith standing and holding her mug of coffee waited for him to finish his meal because she had finished her plate a while back.

His royal highness finishing his meal belched out a loud burp and he coughed, his brown cheeks turning pink from his embarrassment at his manners said 'excuse me'.


Faith smirked as she held her coffee and taking a sip from her cooling drink and said "it's fine prince don't be embarrassed we all do burp"


After tapping his mouth with his cloth, he grinned at her sweetly and mentioned that he had been researching about what friends can do together.

He explained animated using his hands to express himself "I researched that friends have a tradition of movie night together and my bodyguards were to get a stack of movies for us to watch we can do it tonight"

Jim spoke while holding his cup of tea said smirking "don't worry I won't interfere this time...I'll let you both have some time alone"


The two blushing adults feeling like teenagers again remembering the kiss they shared several weeks ago in the car during the house hunting.

 

The prince shook his head to clear his mind of that wonderful kiss since then he had tried everything in the romantic book to get Faith to catch drift of his feelings, it seemed not to work and tonight he was determined to hear why she created this distance with him.

He gazed at her patiently for her answer, hoping she would say yes to his invitation.
Faith stared back into his expressive doe eyes, she asked firmly "we are watching this as friends nothing more ?"


"Yes yes! " he looked down at his watch to look at the time and standing up he swiftly kissed her cheek tenderly before leaving to another appointment he had to go for, he always made sure he had breakfast with his Queen which was more important than anything else for him.

Afterwards he walked out missing the flushed expression on faith's face. She mumbled to herself and cleaned the kitchen seeing the state they always left the place in.

Many hours into the evening, his highness had prepared the living room to his liking.


This better work for my elegant princess to see my feelings because I am out of ideas if this doesn't work. He thought worriedly to himself.

The bodyguards all were in their baggy bottoms and light coloured tops lounging together, on the down floor of the house staying out of sight, so their favourite girl and prince could get together and were currently making bets to see if the prince's latest attempt would work.


"I bet twenty pounds the prince would get miss.faith to be his girlfriend this time" the bodyguard Fredrick saying his part.


Joey snorted in amusement "that's what you said last time, Fredrick, and did you win? No"
Fredrick pointed out "so? I have a feeling it will work this time"


Jim piped in his thoughts about the bet "you idiots always bet and never actually win, what makes this time so damn different?"


Fredrick and Joey answered together annoyed at his accusation to their bets "well why don't you try and prove us wrong"


Jim placing his broad arms behind his head sitting causally on the floor like the rest of the bodyguards.


He smirked arrogantly "alright I'll take part in the bet this once..hmm I bet 40 pounds this time just to start us off"


This led the remaining bodyguards all doing different things to join in with their own bets because their leader never joined and it was a rare sight besides they wanted to see him actually be wrong this time.

 

If the prince knew that his bodyguards were doing he would surely have their heads and send them back home so it was done privately.

As this was going on at the moment, Prince Michael was busy pacing back and forth on the fake animal furred mat.
There was a knock on the door and Michael went to the door to open seeing faith in her went baby bluepjs and her thick hair packed messily.


"You look Adorable Liberian girl" he crooned admiring everything about her.
Faith rolled her eyes "thanks prince Michael can I come in?"

Stepping side Faith walked into the house seeing the simple decorated hall way as they walked down the hall after he had closed the door behind her.

She voiced her opinion about the house as he gave her a tour of the upper floor and didn't bring her to the ground floor because it was only for the bodyguards.


"For such a highly rated prince, I was expecting a more over the top decorations"


Michael rolled his eyes and said "just because I am royalty doesn't mean I enjoy the simple things in life"
Faith grinned seeing he had used one of the slang for
once at the right time.

They both walked into the living room for only her to stop to see the darkened room with candles everywhere and the snacks neatly stacked near the sofa.


This is not what I was expecting at all.. she thought to herself wary.
"Let's choose a film to watch and relax" faith suggested nicely.


After arguing for three minutes on the floor they picked the action packed film ' Fast and Furious 4' throughout the entire film Michael had his arm around faith bringing her close to his firm slim chest as they watched the explosions and gun shots in the film.

After four hours of watching two movies, faith seeing it was almost midnight thought it would be the right time to finish the evening since they both hadonly to get up for classes tomorrow.

She stood up brushing the snacks off her pjs, ready to leave Michael called out her name "Faith please wait ..we need to talk"


Faith turned around seeing his serious expression immediately sat on the floor facing him.

He continued to gaze at her as he grabbed her small hands and said seriously "faith I have expressed in all ways I can for you to see my feelings, but you continue to resist me..why is that?"


"I-I'm not royal material I'm just an ordinary girl with an ordinary family what could you possibly find in me so interesting?" She said self consciously.

"Your birth right doesn't make you any different to me faith, I like you for who you are...you are so special and unique to me than any of the girls I've seen back home, that care only for my wealth and their own selfish needs" his highness stated determined.

"I just don't think I'm right for you, your highness"


Prince Michael getting tired of her excuses, pulled her towards him and kissing her passionately to express his pent up emotions he had kept bottled up in that long kiss.

Prince Michael pulled away to see the dazed look on her face and smiled smugly pulling her into his lap and holding her lovingly.


"I wouldn't kiss any other woman the way I kissed you and now you must accept that you are my girl" they always said the prince from his young days was more of an action man than a talker.


Faith clearly out of her dazed expression flinched in his arms but soon relaxed in his arms as they sat there in the blissful silence that finalized their mutual feelings for each other.

A couple of minutes later, the prince looked down to see his sleeping beauty, he chuckled quietly and switched positions now lifting her off the ground to carry her gently to one of the spare rooms for her to sleep in.


After tucking her comfortably in bed, he went back to the living room to try and shake off the insomnia he was battling, the drugs not helping him at the moment.

After twenty minutes he felt a little more sleepy, got off the floor and went to his bedroom to lay down. Two minutes later the phone in his room woke him up from his slumber.

Picking up the phone...
Phone conversation:


Michael spoke into the phone sleepily: hello?
Michael's mother softly speaking angrily: maghiel!! Why have you not been picking our calls your father and I have been so worried, you silly boy!


Michael awake now from hearing his mother's angered voice tried to calm her down: mother please calm down, I've been busy lately with appointments and my class work to even call home.

His father took the phone: boy that doesn't matter, you should have still called at least to tell us? We've been calling the hotel for many times and no answer! They even couldn't even give us a pinpoint of where you gone!.

Michael: I am sorry ah! I forget to mention I moved from the hotel to a better place and forgotten to give them the number to you both"

There was a static crack after Michael spoke as he waited for his parents to speak.


A moment later, his father's voice returned "well we are both glad your alright boy we are lucky we got this number from Jim who also forget to mention about giving us the number after we had called him yesterday.. don't do it again.


Michael answered while covering his mouth from the upcoming yawn that wa threatening to spill: yes mother and father it is late I will call you tomorrow I promise.


Mother taking the phone from her husband : Ok my baby good night.
Michael: good night.


Phone conversation ended.

Michael dropped the phone and pulling the covers around himself, slept off immediately.

Meanwhile in Africa...


King Joel and Queen Mabel were happy to hear their son was fine after worrying over him for a while, they hadn't heard a word from him in a long time.

They were both seated on their large sofa in the large living room lounging on the sofa talking about their son together.


"Oh Joel I'm so worried about our baby we should go see visit him with his siblings we can make it a family holiday and maybe invite kenia as well he has always wanted to come abroad" she smiled at her husband.


King Joel agreed with her words and called his assistant "koke please get the jet ready we are flying to united kingdom in the mid afternoon we are going to visit the boy the whole family is coming"


The plans arranged the king and queen went back to their bedroom to sleep and pack for their flight the next day.

Chapter End Notes:

Mj and Faith are together finally or not...? 😄, the royal family are on their way! Is that gong to be good or bad 😝..I can't wait to hear what you guys think 😉