- Text Size +

Michael's pov:


It was a normal long and tiring day for button and I with the amount of homework that had pilled up after Marlon's graduation and also kicking his ass for kissing Amber (it was a valid reason).

I was returning home after having spent dinner at Amber's place and also sharing a heated kiss between us but that was a normal thing for us before we both got carried away I left.

Walking down the road enjoying the evening breeze pass though me and seeing the moon peeking out of the darkened sky.

Opening the door quietly to enter into the house, I stepped in and closed the door softly. I went straight to the kitchen to see if mother was still awake.

Strolling into the kitchen, I felt my heart stop for a split second when I saw she wasn't alone in the kitchen..it was Joseph talking pleasantly to her as she cleaned near the sink.

They both looked up and I saw a mix of emotions on their faces. Mothers face was full of warmth and Joseph's face he didn't show any emotion that was just his usual expression.

I swallowed nervously and smiled tightly to them both, lightly having a conversation with them both about school, my school clubs and all.

Mother yawned sleepily and said she was going to bed, she kissed us both on the cheeks and went to bed.

The light hearted atmosphere toned down to a thick and burdened tension between Joseph and I.

We stared into each others eyes neither of us breaking contact and Joseph broke the silence speaking strongly as his large hand fiddled with the fruit bowl in front of him. "boy I told you like I said in the summer now that your in the last year..you will be joining your brothers and I in the mafia properly these past months have prepared you and you are ready"
His smile wasn't warmth but full of sick and twisted joy that he thought about me being ready to join.
Clenching my hands I boldly stared him down and said firmly "I am not joining and I never will! I was never made for it, I've told you several times Joseph"

Joseph only blinked at my speech and suddenly his arm wrapped around my neck and he squeezed my neck pulling me to look into his cold eyes,
I struggled to breath and tried pulling his arm away from my neck, the world falling filling into darkness but before I could go unconscious Joseph spat out infuriated "now listen to me boy you have no right to talk in such a manner and whether you hate it or not you will be joining because you have no choice!..Now you don't want your little girlfriend to be hurt Hm? I can make it happen..just one snap to her pretty little neck and she's gone"

I tried once again pulling his arm away but every time I tried his hold became tighter and tighter.

Just to please him I nodded and he dropped me, I fell the ground coughing and rubbing my neck, he didn't say anymore but walked away and I glared after him.

Now the reason to leave was stronger more than ever now that Amber was still involved. I got up from the wooden floor and went to get changed and went to bed but I didn't sleep till early morning my mind pondering on how I was going to be able to leave this hell.

The next morning I did my usual routine and looking into the mirror to see dark pools of bags under my eyes.

Coming out of the bathroom and going back to my room, out of the blue there was a staff meeting this Friday so that gave us a chance to relax at home.

I'd go see button later on tonight to spend time with her, I wasn't hungry for breakfast so piling up my books onto my bed I sat down and started my work.

The door was opened and I looked up into the hazel eyes of Marlon and he stated without any shame "lil bro you look like shit"

"Thanks bro" I mumbled annoyed but Marlon didn't want to go somewhere else, he entered the room closed the door and sat on my textbooks.

"Get off my stuff Marlon" I snapped at him and he did so mumbling how cranky I was in the morning.
"So lil bro what made you psm like a gurl this fine morning?" Marlon bluntly said without any thought to mind.

I stilled my writing and winced as always Marlon always had something stupid or odd to say at times.

It made me wonder if we were really related at times but this just part of his charm.

Dropping my pencil into the spine of my textbook and crossing my arms.
I looked deeply Into his eyes and said seriously "Marlon I have an issue"
"Oh? Apart from psming like a female? What could it be?" He said raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

I snarled annoyed "why must you always be such a pest Marlon"

Marlon put his arms up in surrender and said calmly "ease up little brother I don't mean any harm to get you mad..what's got you so aggravated"

Taking a deep breath to calm down I began to talk this time now seeing Marlon was taking me seriously.
"Marlon I have the plan at the end of the year but it involves at least 2 grand do you have that kind of cash to help me?"
Marlon scratched his head and said worriedly "why would you need such a large amount of money for this plan..don't tell me you killed someone?" and he went back into playfulness self by placing his hands on his mouth and expanding his eyes in fake horror.

He was always annoying and I rolled my eyes.
"Really Marlon? Killing someone? Sometimes I wonder if you have a brain in that thick head of yours"
Marlon complained and grumbled how mean I was as a brother to him before I continued telling him my whole plan and interrupting me to suggest
"if you take the plane to L.A Joseph will somehow track you and be able to know where you landed..take the road route by horse back so that he will lead him off your trail for a good couple of months Hm I do know someone that can help I'll try and call him today or tomorrow don't worry bro I got your back.."
"Thanks Marlon I appreciate just don't let it get to your head..only problem is how to get Amber to agree and come along" I mused thoughtfully.

Marlon snorted and shrugged his shoulders "well lil bro I certainly can't help you Amber is one stubborn girl and you have a lot on your shoulders to move her away from goal of going to collage"

I groaned and put my head on my hands on how I was going to persuade her and how useless Marlon was, all he did was pat my shoulder in sympathy and we continued to chat a little more before he stood up and went to his room to call his girls or whatever he does now he's graduated.

Chapter End Notes:

Oh Marlon 😂 ooob mj was serious about him and I running off..but can he get Amber to agree? 😱