- Text Size +

It was another mild hot afternoon on our summer break whereas Michael, Chris and I were walking home together from the corner shop down the street.

So we walked down the road to my house, I saw one of our old summer chairs seated in front of the porch, while someone sunbathed wearing a pair of ray ban sunglasses, a crop top and shorts.

When we got closer, the person that turned out to be female pushing her sunglasses into her plaited hair. When she saw me her expression brightened up immediately.

She jumped from her seat and said smiling cheerfully “Amber boo! Is that you? damn look at you all grown up! Come give me a hug gurl!” 

I ran to into her stretched arms while she spun us around in a circle. We squealed excitedly in each other arms.  After hugging for a few minutes I detangled myself from her arms, giving her a look of approval “well damn Danni, don’t mind me what happened to my short little cousin? You all grown up too!” 

She giggled heartily at my words “that little girl you knew then has moved on I am grown now cuz, don’t even start you are still short too amberbee! Still need to get you to eat more, what would mama think if she saw you?” she snickered  and rolled my eyes at her answer pushing her lightly.

Michael coughed lightly to get my attention, I blushed involuntarily “well cuz this is my boyfriend Michael, and his friend---“

Chris interrupted “What da fuck are you doing here?”
Michael and I both stared at them while they talked, puzzled at how they knew each other.

Danni snorted as she rolled her eyes “yes I’m back baby did you miss me? And why would I move here to see you stupid, now let’s go inside its too hot out here to talk and we don’t want the neighbours to hear our chat” 

When she said that we entered into the house going into the living room, we all sat down on the sofa.

“Danni how on earth do you know Chris?” and she replied “well before I answer that question, let me introduce myself to your handsome boyfriend who I didn’t let get to talk to before blabbermouth over there had interrupted you, nice to meet you Michael I’m glad someone is taking care of my cousin” she teased at the end.

“Hey!” I complained while Michael laughed softly at her reply and introduced himself.

“now to explain how I know blabbermouth, well I and him were dating in the previous town and he had decided to not tell me he was moving away how thoughtful”

Chris hearing that looking ashamed said apologetically “Yea I moved….sorry I didn’t tell you”

Michael and I sat there shocked that Chris could even apologize, I made that point clear in my words “Helium, you can apologise? Miracles do happen”

Chris switching to anger “Bitch I was not talking to you!” Danni standing up and walking over to Chris  “Don’t call her bitch, you over grown walking teddy bear”

After that Michael and I just sat there watching them argue back and forth for a few minutes. 
I nudged his shoulder “wanna go chill in my room Applehead?” 

He replied happily “yes let’s go… seeing these two can go on for hours” we grabbed our bags, going into the kitchen we grabbed a few snacks and walked up the stairs to my room. 


we walked up the stairs to my bedroom where we consumed our snacks and chilled.

After leaving the reunited couple together after arguing for some quite some time, Chris noticed and exclaimed "where did they go?"

 

Daniella rolled her eyes and sat down on the coach as she laid down "it's obvious idiot they left because they couldn't stay because of our bickering and on the other hand..why did you leave without a word ?"

 

Chris seeing how serious the conversation had become sat next to her and he grimaced as he said "I'm not a fan of saying goodbyes by the time we left...even though this is going to sound cheesy and shit..you never left my mind"

 

Daniella seeing how thoughtful he had become at the end sighed and sat up right as she held onto his large hand "well if you had just given me a clear hint we could have had a long distance relationship but I don't know since we've been apart if you stayed single"
"I left thinking gurl we were over and I have had flings in our distant" Chris admitted.

 

Daniella hearing that removed her hand from his as she spat bitterly "and here I thought we were still together but I guess I was wrong"
Chris glared at her "don't tell me you didn't even try to have a fling yourself gurl"

Daniella glared right back at him as she fought the urge  to slap this idiot "of course I didn't because I'm still in love with you ya big idiot"

 

Chris round eyes popped out in his surprise as Daniella shrugged and said causally "don't be surprised idiot"

Chris could only scratch his head as he carefully pulled Daniella towards him as she looked into his eyes. 

He smiled apologetic "I know I messed up with you...for that gurl I'm sorry can we do start over?" 

Daniella thought deeply for a moment until she said carefully "we can with the relationship as long as you don't cheat or I will cut off your baby maker!" The last part was said cold and threatening.

 

Chris gulped loudly as he stammered "ye-s-s I prom-mise"
They finished the conversation an

d relaxed together getting to know each once more.

Amber's Pov:
So Michael and I spent the first couple of weeks in the summer together, while Daniella disappeared only appearing in the early morning from a party or what not.
On a particularly hot morning I quietly went down the stairs to run the tap and drink a glass of water.

So mama wasn't home but on her usual part time night shifts as Daniella closed the door after sharing a small kiss with Chris that I had spotted.

Crossing my hands firmly, she turned around to see me waiting for her in the hall way looking like a child whose hand had been stuck in the cookie jar.

 

"So I thought you and Chris were not together with all the complaining you've been showering on me these past few weeks" I said while raising an eyebrow.

 

She chuckled lightly "well you see Chris and I have

been spending more time together as of late"

 

she walked into the kitchen and I followed dropping the glass into the sink and faced her "your back together?"

"Yea we are and it's going nicely so far" she responded happily.

"What happens when you leave ?" I asked sceptical.

"We will discuss it when the time comes" as she shrugged her shoulders.
the conversation was over by the looks of it but I still wanted to say something "if he hurts you again Danni I won't be afraid to step in and hit him"

Danni laughed at my threat and cooed "Aww don't worry ambee I already told him if he cheats his baby maker is gone"

 

I raised my hand in for a high five and she did it in return as we laughed evilly over it and went upstairs to my room to sleep.

Chapter End Notes:

 

I'm baccccck (sort of) my loyal fans~

 

we've met chris ex amber's cousin lol if your interested on their relationship do say and its summer for our loveable couple that will be a few chapters then off to senior year we go...also anyone interested in a sequel? do say :)