- Text Size +

 

It was a week to Christmas, the whole school was buzzing with gossip over Christmas treats, the holidays, food and everything associated in the Christmas spirit.

 

At the moment Michael and I were walking down the hallway where as I sang “Jingle Jingle bells, Michael’s afro smells, as we go down the way” my personalised Christmas song just for Applehead just for the Christmas spirit I’ve been singing since the first time I knew he couldn’t spend Christmas at mine, because of his father wanting that time to be ‘strict family’ time which everyone had to come for.

 

I continued to sing my song as we walked down the hallway, Michael pulling my arm, pulled me into his arms while his hands rested on my waist. I couldn’t help but giggle into his chest while he sighed and glared down at me.

 

He said annoyed “that song Amber love…every year…just why? Let’s be glad Chris has not heard you or he would do the same thing even worse remix it” he shuddered at the thought of it.

 

 

I laughed into his chest at the sheer thought of Chris singing my song, after laughing I looked up to see Michael pouting adorably, I tip toed using my hands to bring his head down to mine, and placed my lips on his soft lips.

 

We began to lock lips slowly the heat beginning to build slowly between us while Michael’s arms began to tighten around my waist pulling me closer until a loud voice interrupted us “Yo! Lovebirds! Y’all stop making a baby for a moment, we gotta talk”

 

We removed our lips from each other to see a smirking Chris with his hands in his pockets walking up towards us.

 

I sighed and pulling myself away from Michael’s warm embrace, I glared at Chris snapping rudely “what do you want?”

 

The smirk on Chris’s face dropped as he stopped in front of us. “Damn Bitch! You don’t have any manners; A brother can’t see his good friend? Geez”

 

I didn’t bother to reply back, I didn’t have the energy to bicker with Chris today.

After speaking he coughed lightly, he looked directly at Michael who looked back at him steady waiting for him to speak.

 

Chris scratched his arm nervously and said steadily “uh Mike, is it possible I could burrow Bi…I mean Amber for today I uh need help with maths since she’s good at it” when he was about to say my usual nickname it looked he had been ready to choke to say my name.

 

Michael and I’s mouths were hanging open at the first time hearing Chris use my real name, getting over the shock a two seconds later  “well.. uh sure.. Chris I can help with your math” I can’t deny I was suspicious about his fishy behaviour but I would find out eventually what he was talking about.

 

Chris smiled sweetly, suddenly grabbing my arm and pulling me down the hall leaving Michael standing the hallway confused about what was going on.

 

Chris kept on pulling on my arm until we were further away from Michael; I jerked my hand away from his hand. I placed my hands on my hips and asked him seriously “ok seriously Helium, what’s up? You never call me by my name, what has got you so bothered and secretive?”

 

Chris answered seriously “well Bitch, you and I know mike can’t celebrate Christmas either way so I was thinking we throw him a party this weekend since we finish early this week, what do ya say?”

 

I was baffled at how much he cared for Michael, I hadn’t thought of a party but this was a good idea since he could enjoy it with us before he had to stick with the family for the rest of the week to get everything ready.

 

I nodded my head smiling at his great idea until it dawned on me; “hold up Chris, if we are doing this party for Applehead, where are we going to do this party then?”

 

Chris began to look at his nails as if they were the most interesting things he had ever seen as he said “well I thought we could do it at your place shrimp”

 

I shook my head in disagreement “ah hell nah Helium, I can’t do it at my house this year, mama will kill me all over again the last party you got me host at my place got me grounded I ain’t going through that again, think again”

 

Chris grumbled in defeat “alright, alright then it’s my turn to host the party at my house”

 

I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour then rung my hand though his long bony arm “alright we have a lot of planning to do this weekend Helium, now who’s going to dj and such…”

 

We both walked down the hallway for once focusing (not bickering) on the Christmas party for the next several days.

 

The day of the Christmas Party (Saturday evening):

 

It was the night of applehead’s surprise Christmas party, it had taken several days but we had managed to gather enough people from his drama/club or other people who knew him from his classes. We were quite surprised at the amount of people who knew him and were willing to the party. It was the mention of party that must have gotten people to say yes immediately.

 

So getting the last part of make up done on my face then checking my outfit which consisted of a thick Christmas themed jumper and leggings wearing black studded boots.

 

Hearing the knock on the door downstairs, I checked the mirror one last time grabbed my purse and keys. I ran down the stairs opening the door to see Michael standing outside in a plain turtle necked Jumper, jeans and shoes.

 

When he saw me, his eyes drank my figure in from the top of my head to tip of my toes. He sputtered, “y-y-o-u look beautiful Amber not like you don’t beautiful all the time!”

 

I chuckled at his words and kissed him sweetly on the cheek to silence his rambling.

 

What Michael didn’t know was at the moment we weren’t going on a date but to the Christmas party luckily he had never been to Chris’s house so this made this a little easier to trick him.

 

We hopped on the local bus since Chris lived on other side of town that was 45 minutes drive on bus.

 

We sat down in the bus holding hands watching the houses go by and seeing different people from all works of life going home.

 

The bus got to the street we wanted, soon after we got off the bus walking down to Chris’s house.

 

Michael throwing his arm over my shoulder and holding me close as we walked down the street “Amber? Where are we? I don’t recognise this street”

 

I answered sweetly “you don’t trust me Mike?” he looked down rolling his eyes and chuckled “since that day when we were kids… I have decided not trust you when it comes to taking us to a destination” I rolled my eyes “are you always going to hold me for that? That was one time” he replied sassily “one time can turn to another day exactly like it so I rather take caution love”

 

We continued to talk about that day, at the corner of my eye I saw Chris’s black car parked at the front of the house. I dragged Michael along who tried pulling back but I kept on strong.

 

I knocked three times on the door, stepping down at the steps where as Michael was looking worried and curious at what was going on. The door opened revealing Chris in a bright red Christmas shirt with blue jeans on his legs and slippers on his feet.

 

Chris grinned cheerfully when he saw us “Yo Mike and Amber glad y’all could make it”

 

Michael rose his eyebrows suspiciously looking at me and Chris. “Well you going to let us in Chris?” I said sarcastically.

 

Chris snorted amused “whatever, come in y’all” he opened the door widely to let us both enter he turned his back and walked in.

 

We walked into the living room, suddenly everyone jumped up from his or her hidden places as we all chorused “Surprise! Merry Christmas Michael”

 

Michael’s expression was clearly shocked at the surprise we held for him then his expression turned thoughtful as his smiled happily. “wow…guys you did this for me? I don’t know what to say”

 

Chris walking up to him, clapped him on the back “you don’t need to say anything Mike, it was planned by yours truly and Amber we got you good tho! now let all this mushy stuff be gone Let’s party y’all! Dj play some tracks!”

 

Chris’s cousin (the dj) did this thing and began playing the electric groove of Kool and the Gang’s hit single ‘Celebration’.

 

Which got everyone up dancing together while Michael pulled me to his chest and began spinning me along with the song while he did his thing.

 

After an hour or so my feet began to hurt from dancing also trying to keep up with Michael’s crazy bundles of energy.

 

I let him continue dancing with everyone who were all chanting as he danced “go Michael, go Michael”

 

I went to in the kitchen grabbing a drink then went up the stairs to Chris’s room that was actually clean when I opened the door to enter.

 

I sat down on his bed sipping my drink until the glass was empty. I felt like having a small nap, sliding the drink gently onto Chris’s table.

 

I rolled on my back, closing my eyes I slept off.

 

Until the door was opened roughly, I opened my eyes quickly jumping to see a slightly off guarded Michael making his way to me.

 

Michael wobbled his way over until he was in front of me, the look in his eyes were hazy. He didn’t talk just bent down bringing his lips to mine began to kiss me roughly pushing his tongue against mine. I clutched some of his shirt for my balance, until he stumbled pushing us both onto the bed and he began to kiss my neck leaving sloppy wet kisses on my neck.

 

Before I could get too distracted by his mouth on my neck, I asked “eh Applehead how much eggnog have you had?” he mumbled “4” I sighed and pushing him away from my neck, I looked at him stating “your drunk doofus, who gave you the spiked eggnog in the first place?”

 

His words slurred as he replied, “I think it was Andy or Chris…I dunno knowa”

With that he pulled away from my hold and began again to kiss me passionately his mouth moving with mine, until the door banged open, who walked in? Chris.

 

“y’all better get out of my room, I don’t want any…” when he looked up to when he recognized us, a smug smirk was on his lips “well if you ya’ll wanted to get nasty you should have just went to the guest room”

 

Pulling my lips away from Michael and pushing him away while he tried to bring his lips to mine, I rolled my eyes at Chris “we don’t have time to joke, Helium, Applehead here is drunk and we both need to go home”

 

Chris laughed heartily “Gurl, I don’t even who gave him that eggnog it sure wasn’t me, I was busy making sure my house was still in good condition”

 

Chris continued to laugh while he walked up to Michael and said soothingly “buddy it’s time to go home now” and placed his arm around his shoulder hosting a drunken Michael up. “I don’t wanna go without Amber” he whined.

 

I kissed him softly to get him to be quiet, while he giggled like the big kid he was. So Chris holding him we made our way down the stairs. When we got near the door Chris shouted at his cousin “Oi! Jamal! I leave you in charge while I leave the house, I’ll be back in awhile make sure no one touches Mama’s prized vases or she will kick both our asses! Ya hear me man?” his cousin who had heard him nodded in agreement.

 

Afterwards we walked outside while Chris dropped Michael at the back of the car, and then went back inside to grab his keys, while I hopped in and waited. Michael dozed off immediately, Chris walked out of the door holding his keys.

 

He jumped in starting the engine and we were on our way home, I decided to break the small silence “well the party went alright thankfully, just wanted to say… you ain’t half bad Helium Merry Christmas”

 

Chris continued to smirk while keeping his eyes on the road “well same to you Bitch…. Merry Christmas”

 

We kept on driving in silence until we got to my house, while Chris brought the sleeping Michael while I opened the door. We all entered into the house and Chris following me to my room dropped Michael onto the bed.

 

He waved a quiet ‘goodbye’ and went back to the Christmas party that still was going on. I looked at the clock on the wall, the time read ‘1.30am’.

 

I stretched my tired body, grabbing my nightwear and having a quick shower.

 

I walked out of the shower feeling fresh to see Michael had somehow gotten under the covers clutching my pillow tightly to his chest. I chuckled at the sight and pulling the covers away from him, and dragging the pillow away from him. I cuddled up tightly towards him, In his drunken state he tightened his hold on me.

 

 

We slept off into dreamland not caring for what the next day would bring for us.

Chapter End Notes:

 

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas stuffed in turkey and eggnog! (not like our druken michael *cough*)