- Text Size +

Mj’s pov:

 

It was a few hours after Amber kicked me out of her room and her life. I couldn’t have know her reaction would be so terrible, I wanted to tell her my secret all these years and she even didn’t give me a chance to explain!

 

Now It feels she will never let me explain, every time I think of our encounter my heart aches in pain and heartbreak, her words echoing in my mind over and over again like a broken record.

 

When I slammed the door behind me, the rain pouring down, matched my mood perfectly. And it could cover the tears I didn’t want any of my family to see especially mother particularly.

 

Opening the door to the house quietly, I walked in sniffing and trying not to let more tears flow freely.

 

Mother saw me enter into the living room and seeing my state fussed worriedly over me and I let her to have some piece of mind eventually she let me go upstairs carrying a cup of steaming hot coco. As I made my way upstairs mother’s soft voice spoke “Baby, are you alright?” I stopped and looked down to see her brown eyes filled with worry, I smiled weakly and replied, “I’m perfectly fine mother”

 

After that she didn’t bother to ask any more questions letting me continue up the stairs to my shared room with Randy.

 

Who currently was at a friend’s house for the moment meaning I could cry and think of amber in my own space.

 

I lay down on my soft bed holding my mug, taking a sip once the coco cooled down.

 

I let my thoughts wonder again back to our argument, my heart still ached but I let the fury consume me.

 

Holding my cup in my hand tightly letting my anger consume my thoughts it’s not fair! She didn’t even let me explain anything at all, I wanted to but she never does, for how long I’ve know amber she never does. I’m better off without her!

 

My angry thoughts then turned to sorrow, dropping the cold coco onto my table near my bed, I curled close to my pillow and started to whimper silently and lamented sadly in my thoughts I just wish she had given me a chance to explain…I miss you already girl..

 

I fell asleep soon afterwards, letting my mind take me to a world of my dreams peacefully.

 

.

.

.

 

It’s been a two days since I and amber fought, I spent these two days by myself, seating two seats away from her and my thoughts fighting over her but I push those thoughts to the back of my mind for now until classes are ended.

 

The music class was cancelled today so we were set some research on a famous person we admire to do for this class. I already had a great man in mind for this research ‘James Brown’.

 

Grabbing my bag and leaving the class to go the library on other side of the school, until a high-pitched voice shouted my name from a short distance “Michael! Michael! is that you?!?”

 

I turned my body around to see a tall dark skinned fella with round eyes come towards me smiling happily.

 

I wasn’t sure who this fella was and took a step back, he saw my movement and stopped a foot away from me. He grinned happily and said “heya Michael, don’t ya remember me man shit!, it’s me Chris” he patted himself to identity himself.

 

I squinted looking over at him until a forgotten memory resurfaced in my mind.

 

Flashback:

 

I was standing with a boy with round eyes staring at the great oak tree, and he was smirked crossing his skinny arms against his chest and said in a smug arrogant tone of voice “I bet ya Michael, you can’t climb up that tree it’s way too difficult for ya!”

 

 

I snorted in disagreement, shrugging my shoulders and going to the tree, I placed one foot on the body of tree and started to climb up from there, I didn’t stop climbing until I made it up to the top.

 

I sat down on one of the tree branches and folded my arms looking down at Chris from my great view.

 

I shouted cheekily as he looked up in shock “this tree was way too easy to climb Chris, think of something better and are ya coming up here, the view is great from up here!”

 

Chris began to mumble nonsense as he climbed up the tree, in a few minutes he was sitting next to me pouting.

 

I chuckled at his expression and started to singly softly to The Temptations ‘My Girl’ as we both sat there enjoying the breeze cooling our heated skins.

 

Chris hearing my voice said in amazement “Damn Michael you can sing! When you gonna be a singer and be making money for me?” he said the last line teasing.

 

 

I snorted mockingly in response “when you become a comedian and then maybe perhaps you can be my manager”

 

Chris rolled his eyes and we both cracked up in laughter…

 

End of flashback.

 

 

Shaking my head from the suddenly flashback and looking closely at his face I began to piece the missing parts and it suddenly clicked.

 

I smiled nodding my head and said “Chris it’s you! What are ya doing here!”

Chris smirked and exclaimed loudly ignoring the looks of onlookers around us saying “hell yea it’s me Michael, it’s been so long man damn, I’m back for good and shit, I just transferred you can show me around and I already seen some fine girls Michael” he patted my shoulder lightly.

 

Still smiling I replied rolling my eyes at him “sure Chris, but I got a free class right now I can show you around and Chris you crazy”

 

What a small world it truly was I never thought in a long time I would be reunited with my old childhood friend Chris. I never knew how much I missed his quirky and funny humour.

 

 

As we walked away into the depths of the school, Chris cracking jokes about his time at his other schools and other random stuff, making me laugh at the stupid stuff he got himself involved with. It felt good to have him back and letting my thoughts of Amber drift away from me.

Chapter End Notes:

we have mj's pov and i introduce our lovely chris tucker, as i wrote it couldn't help but picture his voice in my head as i wrote lmaao.

I hope you enjoy the chapter and do you agree with mj? tell me what you think :)