- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's Part 2 :)

Here's Part 2 enjoy 

Chapter 25. Part 2.

Lizzy sighed. "Well, it's kinda hard to explain; sometimes, I stare up at the moon as saying a prayer. Mommy had taught us that no matter what happens, always look up with your head held high and look for a brighter tomorrow; when Tyler had a test to take, he would do that before bedtime." Mike nodded slowly fully and clearly understanding. "So, by the way you were looking up at it, you were making a prayer for them to get better sooner than later?" Nodding, she looked back then at the grown man. "Mr. Jackson? Do you think my Mommy and Daddy will get out of the hospital soon?" She asked her voice filled with so much innocence that it was hard for him to give a straight answer.

"I don't really know sweetie; but what I do know is that if you keep praying every night, they will make a speedy recovery and be out sooner and better than you think." "Do you really think so?" "Probably. Would you like for me to read you a story?" Nodding her head very quickly, she went over to the book shelf to pick out a book and ran back over giving it to him reading the title Goodnight Moon. After reading, he then tucked her in and kissed her on the forehead turning on the night-light. "Good night sweetie I'll see you tomorrow." Lizzy yawned and nodded giving him a small smile. "You too I love you Mr. Jackson." That part made Michael's heart melt walking away and lightly closing the door going into his own room.

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP went his heart putting his hand on his chest. His stomach felt like knots tying themselves up and warm salty tears ran down his cheeks.

Chapter End Notes:

:') while doing this chapter, it made me cry so much! *sniff*