- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy Chapter 8.

 

                                             Chapter 8.

 

     Michael, now fully dressed, went into Lizzy's room seeing her on the bed breathing very heavily. "Lizzy, it's alright I'm not mad at you; so you can calm down before you give yourself a heart attack." Lizzy slowly moved her head towards him who had a loving smile on his face. She nodded slowly breathing a sigh of relief as the two, hand in hand, went downstairs for breakfast.


"Good Morning there Mr. Jackson." Beanie, Michael's personal chef said seeing his boss and the little girl coming inside the kitchen. "Good Morning to you too there Beanie, it's a pleasure seeing you here so early." "Yeah, I love to come here cooking up some delicious things for you." Seeing Lizzy, The old man smiled warmly and went down to her level. "Why hello there sweetheart, what is your name?" He asked ever so gently; Lizzy came from behind Mike looking at him clutching onto her bunny. "Lizzy Maxwell" She said in a little voice shaking his hand slowly. "That's a pretty name for a pretty girl like you. Now, why don't you two take your seats breakfast will be ready soon."

Beanie walked gracefully to the table; setting two plates of French toast down. Michael smiled thanking him for the tasty meal but Lizzy looked at him. "What's the matter Lizzy don't you like your breakfast?" Michael asked setting his knife and fork down looking at her pick at her untouched food. "In my house, my mommy would make us pancakes." "You mean you never had French toast before." Lizzy shook her head side to side. "No, because she wouldn't have time to make it or waffles so it's pancakes or grits and cereal." "Well then, once you take a bite of it, I'm sure you are going to love it. Which reminds me, I gotta go make a call I'll be right back." The truth was, Mike didn't really need to make any calls at the moment; instead, he went into the main room where he could secretly watch her.

Lizzy had cut her toast into bite size pieces. Slowly bringing it to her mouth and opening it, she chewed for a couple of minutes then swallowed it. Michael smiled seeing that she was really enjoying it. "I think she's going to have lots of fun here and me." He thought.