[Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstarPrinter
Summary:

I will be your father figure
Put your tiny hand in mine
I will be your preacher teacher
Anything you have in mind
I will be your father figure
I have had enough of crime
I will be the one who loves you
Till the end of time
~George Michael, Father Figure

Michael Jackson’s friendship with Macaulay Culkin, which began when Mac was only 9 years old, has been described as odd, unnatural and curious. But what they didn't know was that the friendship between the two was based on something very simple: an ability to relate and understand each other. They were both child stars, catapulted into the spotlight at a very young age. And they both discovered the pitfalls of being rich and famous.

Michael understood that because he had been there too, and it appears he had found a kindred spirit in the child actor and vice versa. Probably sensing a troubled soul when he saw one, Macaulay later recalled that Michael simply rang him up one day and invited him to come over and play video games. This was the start of the most important friendships in Mac’s life. However, Michael was more than just a friend to Macaulay. He was also both a mentor and a father figure for Macaulay, since Mac’s own father Kit Culkin was never there for Macaulay and saw him as a cash cow rather than a son.

Michael and Macaulay spend a typical day together.


Rated: K
Categories: Dangerous: 1991-1993, Adventure Characters: Michael
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 368 Read: 613
Published: Jan 22, 2014 Updated: Jan 22, 2014
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. An Understanding by MJFan232 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (368 words)

Michael thinks about the film Home Alone and his friendship with Macaulay Culkin...