- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story will be very short. I'm aiming for 2-3 chapters MAX!!!!!

This isn't slash. This is a story about friendship and suicide. No sex. No kissing. No blah blah blah nonesense. Just a touching, sad story.

Just want to get that straight now :)

 

Oh yeah! By the way, this story is SUPER HEAVILY based off of the song/video 'Don't Jump' by Tokio Hotel. Really touching song. Really good video. I suggest you watch it.

BTW in the story there will be stuff in bold, and those are the lyrics to the song in case you're wondering.

Anyway, enjoy! :D

 

Michael’s POV

Of all the years that I knew him I never thought that I would have been in this situation right now, having stood next to him, screaming for him to stop. Screaming for him to think, or rather, rethink. Screaming to get him to give himself one last chance…

“Oh, poor boy,” I heard my mother say from the living room as I walked by. I looked at the television screen, and realized that she was watching the new with Janet. Normally, I wouldn’t be intrigued by this, but for some reason, I began to ask her questions.

I’m so glad I did.

“What? Why poor boy?” I asked my mom as I walked over to where she was sitting and sat on the arm of the chair. She just shook her head sadly as a tear slid down her face.

“It pains me to know that people out there are taking their own life,” she mumbled.

“What?” I asked, unable to hear. I looked at Janet curiously. “Janet, what’s going on?” I asked. My little sister sighed.

“Look at the screen,” she told me. I looked at the screen and saw that there was a flock of police, paramedics, and other emergency personnel as well as a group of by standers.

“Whoa,” I muttered, “Who died?” I asked.

“Nobody,” Janet replied. There was a brief silence before she added, “yet.” I looked at her, still confused.

“Okay seriously, can’t you just tell me what’s going on?!” I asked beginning to get irritated.

“Some young boy is about to jump off of the building; take his own life. I can’t believe it. It’s a shame that life is just so unbearable for some people…” Mom told me.

~ On top of the roof

The air is so cold and so calm~

My mouth dropped a bit.

It was a sad thing to think about, people taking their lives. That’s probably why it was never discussed very much. It’s weird though because it happens a lot more often than people realize; people taking their life and all.

It’s even sadder to think that there are people out there who are filming it and putting it on television. Disgusting.

As much as I didn’t want to watch (considering the fact that I really wasn’t in the mood to watch someone jump off a building to their death) I wasn’t able to pull my eyes away from the screen. The suspense was killing me! Waiting to see when he’ll jump… if he’ll jump that is.

The screen went up to the boy on the roof. I squinted my eyes as if that would make the picture clearer; which it didn’t for the record. Eventually, the camera began to zoom in, and the features of the boy on the roof became clearer and clearer.

I nearly choked.

“Bill,” I managed to croak out quietly.

~I say your name in silence

You don’t wanna hear it right now~

My best friend since… since… since god-knows when! I almost couldn’t believe it. I had to look away and look back to make sure that my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me. Sure enough, they hadn’t been, because he was still there on the screen.

“That’s Bill!” I screamed as I pointed at the screen. Mom and Katherine just looked at me, and didn’t say a word. I looked back at the screen and watched as people just stood at the bottom of the building, watching, not even trying to help him…

~The eyes of the city,

Are counting the tears falling down~

That was Bill Kaulitz. He and his family moved here from Germany back in kindergarten. When everyone else was afraid of him and his brother’s weird accent, I liked it. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I tried to befriend them immediately. The three of us became fast friends, although, Bill and I just clicked better than his brother, Tom, and I did. Therefore, leading to our ever lasting best-friendship.

“I have to see him,” I mumbled as I ran out of the room, not even bothering to grab a coat as I opened the door and ran down the street barefooted. I would have taken the car, but Dad was out using it, so I had no choice but to run.

I ran, and ran, and didn’t stop. My heart was pounding. My lungs were screaming. My throat was bleeding. I felt like passing out, but I had to get to Bill. There was no way that I was going to let my best friend kill himself.

No way.

Rocks and gravel stabbed at the bottoms of my feet, and I continuously almost tripped, but I always managed to recover pretty quickly.

As I ran I wondered… why? Why was he doing this? Why was life so bad for him that he felt the need to take his own life? I thought we were friends, I thought we were close. Was I wrong? Was everything that I thought about our friendship all just some big lie? Some big painting that he’s been making me believe was a masterpiece for all of these years? Was there something that he never told me?

~Each one a promise

Of everything you never found~

No. He couldn’t. He wouldn’t. Why?

As the questions continue to poke into my mind, I knew that I had to keep running, and I had to keep running faster, and faster. I had to reach him. I had to reach him now.

Before it was too late.

                                                                        ****

I was out of breath and tired when I arrived at the scene. More officers had arrived at the area since I had last seen on the screen back at home. Lights flashed blue and red in my peripheral vision.

“What’s going on? Has he jumped?” I recall asking frantically. A woman beside me answered me;

“No, he’s still up there,” she told me, without peeling her eyes away from Bill, who was thankfully, still standing on the building.

At least he hadn’t jumped yet…

I’m not too late…

I looked around and realized that nobody was doing anything. They were all sitting at the bottom, waiting for him to jump as if this was some sort of spectacle. Maybe they planned on catching him as he came down? I don’t know. It seems like an unlikely thing to try, but I’m sure their unwillingness to act was because of the shock, the panic. In the past when someone had committed suicide, they usually made it a little more discreet. Less public. That way nobody would have to witness it.

Not Bill.

I stood there, paralyzed, for a long moment before I decided that if they wouldn’t take action, I would. I quickly dashed underneath the police tape. As soon as I did, I heard deep voices yelling at me to stop.

I didn’t.

I kept going. Their voices urging me on; fueling me forward. My legs felt like giving way, but I continued to push myself forward as I entered the building.

My mind had no idea where I was going; but my body did. Before I even knew what was happening, my legs were taking me up a long flight of stairs. It felt endless, especially since I knew that someone’s life was at stake. If I didn’t get up there in time, I knew that he’d be dead.

Gone.

Just like that.

Suddenly, I heard a loud roar of commotion from outside the building and immediately I thought the worst.

“Bill!” I yelled as I ran faster towards the top; faster, towards Bill.

~I scream into the night for you

Don’t make it true

Don’t jump~

 

Chapter End Notes:

I'll try and post up the next chapter soon! I'll try not to leave you guys hanging for a week for an update for this story when it's pretty suspenseful. I know I've been kinda doing that with 'Don't You Remember?'. lol! Sorry! I'm gunna try and finish that story soon, because I want to focus on my other stories :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that.

And BTW when I say that this'll be MAX 2-3 chapters I mean it! I promise you that it won't be long! I was going to make this a short story, but I decided not to because I really wanted to make a banner for this because I wanted to use a picture of Bill Kaulitz as a kid because he's a cute kid.

Stupid reason. I know.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter :)