- Text Size +
Ashli's POV

The next couple of days went by like clockwork; doctors and nurses coming in and out of my room. Their either taking blood or checking my blood pressure and talking all their Doctor Talk. Every time they say something to me I always have to ask them to say it in English. I feel myself warming up to Michael; like we joke around and stuff, but I'm still very shy around him. I just need more time I guess, but he's been just so sweet and kind and I've been pitying myself. How are things gonna change once I get out of this....hospital, I think I get to leave today, but I'm not sure. These doctors don't tell me anything; I'm always the last to know something even the janitor knows before I do. I sigh when I hear my nurse come in yet again. She flashes me an bright smile too cheerleaderish if you ask me. She rolls in a cart with a bunch if medicine on it, and starts changing my IV bag. "So are you happy to be leaving today? I bet your family can't wait to see you again?" I wince at her comment and shrug. "I...uh..have no family." I whispered wanted to end the conversation with her. "Oh well that's to bad. I'm sorry, but you must have some friends." I rack my brain for a minute before answering. "Yeah, but I haven't spoken to them in a while. I would like to talk to them though." She smiles as she reaches into her pocket. "Here," She says, "Call them." I smile then take the phone away from her.


I call my best friend from high school. She's always been there and she's always right. I know I can trust with anything and she always knows whats best for me. "Hello is this Jayla." I say when I hear someone answer the phone. "Yes it is and who may I ask is calling?" I feel a smile tug at the corners of my lips. "This is Ashli." I say excitedly. She screams into the phone and starts talking excitedly asking a million questions per second.

"Come down girl. Ask one question at a time please." Jayla laughs then tries to calm herself down. "Ok, so how have you been?" I struggle with that question not knowing weather or not to tell her that I'm staying with Michael Jackson. If she found out she'd freak out. "I..uh..left Ricky about a week ago." She gasps. "Oh I'm so happy he's not able to beat you anymore! So who are you staying with?" I gulped knowing there's no way to lie to her. She always knows when I'm lying. "I'm....uh.....I'm staying with Mic..Michael Jackson." I said. All that was heard was silence. "Uh..Jayla are you there?"

She finally started to speak and I knew I was about to get an ear full. "How could you stay with Michael Jackson! He's a complete freak, I'd rather you have stayed with Ricky!" I sighed and began to rebuttal. "He's not that bad. He's actually a sweetheart." She laughed sarcastically. "Haha yeah your right he's not that bad." I blinked in confusion. "Really?" I asked. "Of course not really. Are you out of your damn mind!? How can you trust him?" She asked pissed off. "You don't think I should trust him?" I questioned. "Of course I don't think you should trust him!" She all but screamed into my ear. "I have nowhere else to go, so what do you want me to do?" She sighed. "Fine stay
with him, but whatever you do don't let your guard down."

She says before hanging up. "Well that was pleasant." I say to myself; not knowing someone walking in. "What was pleasant?" I jump realizing that I wasn't alone anymore. "Hey Michael. I...uh didn't hear you come in." I say now scared since my friend told me not to trust him. "Hey, you ok. You look like you just saw a ghost." He chuckled. "Haha...funny. I..um...I'm fine thank you." He didn't look convinced. "Well then you ready to go?" I nodded, but I was now frightened to go anywhere with him. Could Jayla be telling the truth about Michael? Should I or shouldn't I trust him? There's only one way to find out. I have to see all there is to see about this Michael Jackson.