- Text Size +

Stacy took a cab to the airport. She was lucky that she was able to go on a plane with her crutches. She didn’t know if she could stay in California any longer. She felt horrible for leaving Michael, but there wasn’t anything else that she could do.


Before Stacy went to the counter to ask for a plane ticket, she started debating in her head. Should she stay, or should she go? She started weighing in on the pros and cons of each option. The pro of staying; she would be able to be there if Michael happened to get his memory back. The con of staying; she would have to wake up every day feeling heartbroken. If anything, someone will keep in touch with her. Someone is bound to tell her when and if Michael gets his memory back. Stacy has the money, so she could just buy a plane ticket and fly right back if she had to.


Although she had a feeling that she wouldn’t be needing the flight back.


Stacy wondered what Michael was thinking right now. Did he even notice that she was gone? He probably didn’t. It’s probably best if Stacy goes back to Norway. She sighed and walked up to the lady behind the desk, she smiled softly at her.


“Can I help you ma’am?” she asked politely.


“Yes, I want the nearest flight to Norway, please,” Stacy told her. The woman nodded, and started typing on her computer. The clicking of her nails on the keyboard were beginning to annoy her immensely, but she tried to keep it under wraps.


“Did you want a round trip?” she asked her.


“No,” she replied, “a one way ticket.” She nodded again, and resumed typing. Stacy sighed, and began to feel uncomfortable. Getting plane tickets at the airport took forever! Not to mention she was starting to feel some pain in her ribs again from the way she had been standing. Her pain medication was in her bag. She would have bought the tickets online if she had known that she was for sure going to be leaving. The lady sighed, and Stacy looked at her.


“The next flight to Norway we have is a few days away. Is that okay?”


Of course; this would happen to her. She wanted to get out of LA as soon as possible, and the only flight is almost a week away. She didn’t know where to stay. She didn’t know where to go.  She could go and stay with one of Michael’s friends, but she didn’t want to intrude. Then she remembered that her friend Lucy was still in LA! She was staying at about 15 minutes away from Michael’s house.


“Yeah, that’s fine,” Stacy said. The lady started typing on the keyboard, and Stacy gave her the information that she needed. Stacy told the woman her name, and she looked like she was about to faint.


“I was wondering why you looked so familiar!” she exclaimed, “You’re Michael Jackson’s girlfriend!” she shrieked. Stacy felt her heart break, and she sighed internally. She just nodded, and attempted a small smile.


“Yeah,” she said awkwardly. She definitely didn’t feel like his girlfriend anymore...


“How has he been since the accident? He hasn’t updated his fans on anything for so long... Did he get his memory back?” she asked curiously.


“He’s fine. I’m not entirely comfortable talking about Michael with his fans. He likes his personal life to stay private,” Stacy said to her. The woman gave Stacy an apologetic smile.


“I completely understand. We are all just so worried about him.”


“I know. We really appreciate all of your love, prayers, and support. It means a lot to Michael and me.”


The woman smiled, and continued working on Stacy’s plane ticket arrangements. Stacy didn’t want to release any comments about Michael. Stacy knew that the fans were worried about him, but she didn’t want to comment about the memory loss. She was so uncomfortable talking about him with fans or reporters, she always had been.


People believed that Stacy was a fame-whore, but she actually wasn’t. She had never commented or spoken publicly about hers and Michael’s relationship together. Stacy only remembered one time that she had addressed Michael publicly. That was only when they first met, but she had gone off of the subject.


Stacy tried so hard to ignore the horrible comments that she received, but it was always so hard. One night – obviously before the accident – Michael was in the shower, and Stacy started reading through some message boards. She was reading all of the horrible things people were saying, and it had made her so upset.


She didn’t understand what she did wrong for everyone to hate her so much. People threatening to kill her? People saying she was only with Michael for the fame? She just couldn’t believe it. She loved Michael for who he was on the inside, not because of how famous he was.


When Michael’s shower was finished, he had come out and immediately comforted Stacy. Michael had told her not to worry about what other people thought. He didn’t. The only thing that mattered was that Michael knew that Stacy loved him, and wasn’t with him only for his money.


Michael wouldn’t have started dating Stacy if he thought that Stacy was like that. Stacy wasn’t like that at all! She didn’t ever want to take advantage of Michael! She wasn’t that type of person at all.


In fact, Stacy knew what it was like to be taken advantage of, and it wasn’t a pleasant feeling. She was in love with Michael. Full heartedly.


Stacy came back to reality when her airplane ticket was put in front of her. She stared at it, and sighed.


She almost couldn’t wait to go home, yet she was really going to miss being in LA. She hoped that she’d be coming back shortly, but doubted it. She paid for the ticket with her own money, and walked over to the nearest bench. She just sat there for who knows how long! She wanted to be alone for a minute.


She took out her phone, and frowned. She had to get a new one, seeing as her old phone was practically crushed in the accident. Michael’s did as well, but he didn’t use his anyway. Mostly because he didn’t know who half of the contacts in his phone were!


Stacy sighed, and looked through her contacts. She landed on one, and hit talk. It rang a few times, and Lucy’s voice filled her ear.


“Stacy, is everything okay?”


“Can you come and get me?” Stacy asked, almost sobbing.


“Sure. Where are you and what’s wrong?”


“I’m at the airport. I’ll tell you when you get here,” Stacy said with a sniffle. She hung up the phone before anymore questions were asked. She started thinking about Michael, again. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t stop thinking about him.


It’s kind of hard to not think about someone when you’re totally in love with them.


She just stared at her leg and sighed. She was so tired of having the cast on it. It was coming off in a week, thankfully. Just before the plane trip home actually. She tried to think of that to keep her mind off of Michael, but it slowly wandered back.


He probably didn’t even care that she was leaving.


Stacy frowned, and looked out the window. She watched all the people that walked by. She remembered always walking down the street with Michael. Whether they were going shopping, or whether they had to come to the airport, or whether they would just wander.


Everything related to Michael.


She stared at her phone aimlessly.


Part of her wanted Michael to call and ask -- no – beg for her to stay. She knew it wasn’t going to happen, but a person can dream on.


She didn’t even realise that she was actually daydreaming until someone calling her name brought her back into reality. She smiled, and used her crutches to pull herself up. Lucy pulled her into a tight hug, and Stacy hugged onto her.


Before she knew it, she was sobbing into her shoulder. Lucy let out a gasp, and she held onto her. Lately, when she cried, she was either by herself, or someone just gave her a quick hug. Lucy was always there when Stacy needed a legit shoulder to cry on. She needed this.


“Stacy, it’s going to be okay,” she cooed into her ear. Stacy just shook her head, and continued to sob. After a minute or two, Lucy pulled Stacy out of her shoulder, and wiped her tears away.


“What happened?” she asked her. Stacy took a deep breath.


“I just can’t be here anymore. Michael’s memory isn’t getting any better. I just want to go back home. It’s breaking my heart to be with Michael everyday.” Another tear slipped down her cheek, and she wiped it away on the back of her sleeve. “I got the next plane ticket home, which is about a week away,” she cried.


“Oh, Stacy,” Lucy said, hugging her once more, “I’m so sorry, girl. I can’t even imagine how hard it is. But what if Michael gets his memory back in a week?”


“I don’t know,” Stacy shrugged, “I’ll forget about the ticket I guess, no big deal.”


“Does Michael know that you left?”


“Kind of... I wrote him a letter. He won’t care, but whatever,” she replied sadly. Lucy frowned, and sighed. Stacy just shrugged again.


“I think he will care,” Lucy told her.


“He won’t. He won’t even listen to anyone when we try to talk about him. He looks at me, and all I see is confusion. It’s like he doesn’t even care! And you know our promise jewellery? Well, when I was packing my things, I saw his on his dresser. I turned it over and there was a slash right down the middle. Everything that we ever had is gone, Lucy. Completely gone. My promise to him, and my heart means absolutely nothing to him.”


Lucy looked at her with tears in her eyes. She brought her into another embrace, and Stacy blinked out a couple of tears. Lucy kissed her friend on the cheek, and grabbed one of her bags.


“Let’s go back to the hotel. You’ll feel better,” she assured her.


“Alright.”

Chapter End Notes:

Just thought I'd let you all know that then end is in sight! So heads up for that!

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter! :D