- Text Size +

Michael had been listening the whole entire time. He had begun listening once his mother walked in, and rushed over to his supposed girlfriend. Michael had sat there and watched as Stacy broke down into Katherine’s arms. Michael suddenly wanted to remember her. Stacy was her name.


He only knew her as the girl that was being treated next to him at the hospital. Over the past month he had learned a lot, and he found it all extremely hard to believe and comprehend. Michael could only remember acting in The Wiz, but according to everyone else he was some world wide pop star.


He was supposedly part of a group with his brother called the Jackson 5, went on tour with them, won a record breaking eight Grammy Awards, and had a best selling album. It couldn’t have been true. Michael surely would have remembered something as amazing as that! But he didn’t.


Michael often wondered if Stacy had just been a person who had seen Michael in the movie, The Wiz, stalked him, and followed him home. Although, based off of the way everyone acted around Stacy, he was beginning to believe that he had actually dated her.


Stacy seemed like a really nice girl. She was cute, so that was a bonus. From what stories he actually decided to pay attention to (because he was extremely stubborn), apparently Michael was in love with Stacy. So in love that it made people sick.


Michael looked at the way Stacy was crying. She really did love him, didn’t she? Michael felt bad because he just couldn’t remember her at all! He could feel that Stacy was hurting and breaking down inside. Michael felt a sudden jolt of empowerment run through his veins, and he then had a feeling that today was the day that he wanted to re-learn everything.


He wanted to know how famous he was, and who his fans were. He wanted to know who he had worked with, and who his friends were. He wanted to know how he and Stacy had met. He wanted to know absolutely everything. He wheeled out into the living room where Katherine and Stacy were. Stacy wiped her eyes, and sniffled. Michael bit his lip, and looked up at them.


“Guys, I was wondering... Could you teach me about my life? Please?” Michael asked. He bit his lip again, and looked up at the both of them. The two of them looked at each other, and then back at Michael.


“Are you actually going to listen to us or are you just going to walk away like you’ve been doing lately?” Stacy asked, her tone sounding slightly harsh. They’ve tried to do this on many occasions before, but Michael just wasn’t cooperating. This time though, he wanted to know. All the other times he was kind of forced into it.


“I’m going to listen; I promise. I want to know who I really am. I’m so confused right now, and I don’t want to be,” Michael said, frowning. Stacy looked at Michael, and sat down at the computer chair. Katherine pulled up a chair for herself, and they both sighed.


“What’s the first thing you want to know?” Katherine asked. Michael thought for a second. He had so many questions that he needed answers for! Then again, his life was apparently really busy. He could ask anything. He looked over at Stacy, and smiled.


“How exactly did we meet?” he asked her. Stacy smiled, and closed her eyes as she thought of the memory of when she and Michael had met. She remembered it as the day that her life began. Stacy opened her eyes, and she saw Michel watching her intently, waiting for an answer.


“You were doing a set of shows in my country, Norway,” Stacy began, “You played a show in my hometown where I live. I didn’t go to the show though, so I didn’t see you perform. Anyway, you went out to a club afterwards with some members of your team. I arrived about half an hour before you were about to leave. You made the first move on me. You came up and talked to me life you weren’t some megastar. After that we had had such a good time that we went back to your hotel room, and I’m sure you can guess what happened after that,” Stacy told, smiling. Michael just stared at her. Stacy would give anything to go back to that night. That was the night that Michael took her heart.


He still has it.


Even though Michael doesn’t remember her, Stacy never wants her heart back. All the moments after she had met Michael, she just fell deeper and harder in love with him. Michael looked down at his legs, and sighed. Stacy wasn’t sure what that meant. Was that a good sigh, or a bad sigh? Michael looked back up at Stacy.


“I don’t remember any of that,” Michael whispered sadly.


“I wasn’t expecting you to,” Stacy sighed. Michael frowned and looked back down. Michael wanted to remember so badly. Nothing that Katherine or Stacy had told him made any sense, nor did it ring any bells whatsoever! It hadn’t triggered that part of his brain.


“Stacy... is there a way that I can see pictures of us? If there are any...” Michael asked. Stacy smiled. The fact that he was putting in so much effort to remember what they shared made her heart warm.


“There are tons of pictures of us, Michael. They’re all over the internet.” Stacy let out a chuckle, and Michael smirked. Stacy went back onto the computer; she typed their names in Google. Tons of links popped up. Most of them were about the accident. She clicked on a website, and so many pictures of Michael popped up. Stacy smiled, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw Michael come next to her.


“Wow,” Michael said. Stacy smiled softly, and clicked on an album. Pictures of Michael and Stacy soon filled up the web page. Stacy frowned as she remembered how happy they were. You could see in Michael’s eyes how happy he was. All you can see in Michael’s eyes now is confusion. Michael looked over at Stacy, and Stacy just gave him a small smile.


“I really wish I could remember you,” Michael whispered desperately. Stacy felt her heart shatter.


“Me too.”


That’s all she could say.


“You aren’t like... hating me, are you?” Michael asked sounding worried.


“What do you mean?” Stacy asked, finally looking at him.


“Earlier you said that you were in love with me; has that changed?” Michael questioned. Stacy shook her head.


“No. Nothing can change the way I feel about you, Michael. Even if you don’t remember me for the rest of your life, even if you want me out of it, I’m still going to love you.”


Michael grabbed Stacy’s hand. Stacy’s heart skipped a beat, and she just looked down at their hands. Stacy frowned, and held back tears. Once their casts were off their legs, Stacy was planning on taking Michael many places; hopefully to try to get his memory back. Maybe if Michael went somewhere, his memory would come back. It wasn’t likely, but it was worth a shot. Stacy looked up at Michael.


“Please don’t be sad, Stacy,” Michael whispered to her.


“It’s so hard, Michael. I love you so fucking much,” Stacy said as a couple tears slid down her cheek. Michael frowned and bit his lip. He didn’t know what to say back. Stacy sniffed, and closed out the web page. She didn’t want to look at the pictures anymore. She removed her hand out of Michael’s and wiped her eyes.


“I’m so sorry that I’m hurting you,” Michael apologised. Stacy looked at Michael, and sighed.


“It’s not your fault,” she assured him.


He awkward tension in the room was making Michael uncomfortable. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it. He wheeled away from the computer, and wheeled out of the room without saying anything more. Stacy frowned and looked over at Katherine.


“I sometimes wonder if I’m the reason Michael can’t get his memory back,” Stacy admitted quietly. Katherine just looked at her.


“What do you mean?”


“I just get this feeling that if I wasn’t here, Michael would be able to get his memory back. I feel like I’m some how blocking his ability to get his memory back,” Stacy explained.


“You aren’t at all, Stacy! You aren’t the reason he can’t get his memory back at all! No way! Michael comes to you to find out more about his life. You’re re-teaching him. You’re helping him more than anyone else.”


Stacy looked down at her arm, then leg. Both were wrapped in a white cast.


“I just feel if I wasn’t here, Michael would have more of a chance of getting his memory back.”


“What are you implying?” Katherine asked, completely confused. Stacy sighed, and looked at Katherine.


“I’m thinking about leaving.”


 


 

Chapter End Notes:

:)

Okay, just a quick reminder, if you haven't checked out the new chapter 4, I suggest you do. It's not like I went back and edited stuff, I completed RE-DID the chapter. And what I mean by that is that if you go on Cahpter 4, it won't be at all the chapter 4 you remember. And that's because I accidentally skipped it :( I skipped it because I have chapters 'on deck' waiting to be uploaded. So yeah, sorry! That was my bad!
I just thought I'd remind you guys of that since I've realised that only 30 people got the message that was in the summary.

So yeah, thats all. :)