- Text Size +

Suddenly, JJ looked almost disgusting. After sharing that moment with Michael, I almost didn’t want to go back to JJ. That hug that we had just shared, had also shared love. I felt it. I knew it. And I know that Michael must have felt it as well. There was a spark that had been lingering between us for so long. It had been burning bright back when we were 16, and once we had escaped, it kind of dimmed...

 

But now. Now I feel that it’s come back. I felt like I could just let him hold me in his arms forever.

 

But there was a problem now; JJ.

 

JJ hooked his arm around mine as he pulled me away from Michael with a gentle jerk.

 

“Michael,” he greeted with a nod, “Nice to see you again,” he said to him with a smile that I used to love, only now it gave me the creeps. Michael gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

 

“Likewise,” Michael answered, even though I knew that it was a lie, and I was almost certain that JJ knew it as well. JJ chuckled lightly as he pulled me closer to him, and I began to feel uncomfortable.

 

“So, has Peyton told you the news?” JJ asked, his tone almost mocking. Michael furrowed his eyebrows, before he let his features soften once again as he rolled his eyes.

 

“What news? The news that she’s going to be marrying a major creep like you in a month or so? Everyone’s known that for a long time now, JJ. Is the memory loss already kicking in? Huh, that comes with old age I guess,” Michael insulted, a sly smirk spreading across his lips. I looked at Michael, and I couldn’t help but smirk at his insult as well. I made a quick glance at JJ, and he didn’t seem fazed at all. His happy go-lucky expression hadn’t faltered in the slightest. Weird... Kind of creepy... What was he hiding from us?

 

“What? That long?” JJ asked as he looked at, confused. I just stared at him. What? Did he seriously forget the day that we were going to be getting married? Wow, some fiancé he is! JJ laughed a bit, “Peyton, did I forget to tell you?” he asked. I gave him a confused look. Okay, what the heck?!?

 

“Forget to tell me what?! What is it?! And why did you forget to tell it to me!” I shrieked, now angry. He chuckled as he griped me by my shoulders, which only angered me further.

 

“Relax, darling. You’re so tense... I just forget to let you know that our wedding day has been changed,” he told me with a smirk as he shot a quick look at Michael. His mouth had dropped, and I could read his face perfectly. He had a look that said oh-hell-no. JJ countered back with a look that said oh-hell-yes!

 

“When has it been moved to?” I asked. He moved closer to me.

 

“Two days,” he replied. My eyes widened, and my muscles stiffened. TWO DAYS?!! “I couldn’t wait to wed you any longer. It might not be as extravagant as you might have wanted, but we’re still in love, and we’ll be together. It’ll be fantastic, I promise you that,” he told me as nuzzled my neck with his nose.

 

I felt like throwing up. I didn’t want to marry him anymore! I wanted to get back with Michael! I couldn’t believe how stupid I was being! I couldn’t believe that I had even considered making these idiotic decisions! Ugh! How could I let myself get seduced by this... this... monster! I felt awful.

 

I was tempted to speak up. I was tempted to scream out my declaration of love for Michael, but I felt so trapped. Every time I thought about calling our engagement off, flashbacks of what he had done to us back in the house would enter my mind. All of the pain... all of the torture... If I gave him reason too, he’d inflict it once more. I knew he would.

 

I thought he had changed. I thought he was different. I thought that when we had left that house, the awful, disgusting part of him had been left there with it. Clearly I had been wrong... and not just over one topic.

 

“Isn’t this great, Peyton?!” JJ asked me excitedly as he pulled me into a tighter hug. I hesitated, but ended up hugging him back. When we broke our hug, JJ looked at Michael. “Isn’t this great Michael? Now Peyton and I will be together forever sooner than we thought! I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Peyton. I can’t wait to have you mine under the law,” he said as he held my hand in his, intertwining my fingers with his.

 

I can’t wait to have you mine under the law.

 

That sentence scared me to death! His? Under the law? The law was going to be involved in this? My head was spinning, and I started to feel dizzy. Both JJ and Michael took note of this, and went to react, but unfortunately, JJ was first to my rescue.

 

“Are you okay, Peyton? How about we go and get some water?” JJ asked as we slowly started to go get some water.

 

Suddenly, Rachel came into the area.

 

“You guuuuuuuys!” she whined, “You’re missing the whole movie and I’m sitting there by myself! Mikey! Come back and watch it with me!” she told him as she practically crawled on him. Michael looked at me with sad eyes, before turning his attention back to Rachel.

 

“S-sure,” he said. Rachel cheered. Ugh, her laugh and her voice and her peppy-ness made me want to vomit more than the dizziness and the whole ‘being JJ’s’ did combined! Okay, not really, but almost.

 

Rachel looked at us, and smiled sweetly.

 

“What were you guys all talking about out here anyway?” Rachel asked curiously. Michael sighed. It wasn’t a very loud sigh, it was almost as if he didn’t want anyone to hear him.

 

“Peyton and JJ are getting married in two days,” Michael answered in a quiet voice. Rachel’s mouth dropped and she turned to us and started cheering.

 

“OMG! Congrats!” she cheered. I gave her a weird look. Omg? We’re not texting, Rachel, this is a face to face conversation, the least you could do is talk English, thank you. And congrats? It’s congratulations, show some respect and say the whole word if you don’t mind! Ugh! Things like that really annoyed me beyond comprehension.

 

“Thank you, Rachel,” JJ said, sounding almost genuine, “But we have to go get some water. We’ll see you two later!” he said as he helped me walk down the hall. As we walked, I looked back once more at Michael, and saw his pained expression.

 

I must have mirrored his expression, because I wasn’t feeling so hot about this either.

Chapter End Notes:

:D Hope you guys are all liking the story so far! I'm loving writing it! Piperjackson4eva is amazing as always! <3 :*