- Text Size +

I sat down on a cold, black, dirty chair and faced JJ. He smiled and kissed my cheek. "No touching!" The security guard said. I rolled my eyes and JJ flipped him off. I giggled at JJ's little gesture. Then he kissed my lips, I kissed back. Thinking of Michael. Why can't Mike accept the fact that I'm in love with JJ? JJ pushed me and gave me an odd look. That was weird.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. I shake my head; of course everything is alright. I'm here with him. And we're going to get married! He smirked at me. "Peyton, I know you. You're lying." I rolled my eyes and held his hands that were laying on the table.

"I'm fine," I say and look into his eyes. He laughed at me and gave me the 'seriously' look. "I meet up with Michael and told him."
"Let me guess. He hated the idea?" JJ asked.
"How did you know?" I asked. JJ did a evil little chuckle.
"I know how much he hates me, Peyton. And how much he loves you," JJ says. Love? Michael never loved me. I have no idea what JJ was talking about. I raise my eyebrows and crossed my arms.
"Michael doesn't love me," I say in a stubborn kind of tone.
"Oh yes he does, Peyton. I bet right now he's crying because we're engaged." Right now, JJ was pissing me off. I didn't want to hurt Michael's feelings. Michael has always been there for me. He saved me. He kept me company. Michael was funny, smart (beyond smart,) and a true friend. Why would I want to make him cry? But if I stop the marriage, JJ would be sad too. JJ is my love. He will be my husband. Maybe if Michael gave JJ a chance, he'd stop crying.
"JJ... How would you feel like getting out today?" I asked. JJ's smirk became a huge smile. He kissed my cheek.
"Good girl."


Next week.

I walked up to Michael's door and knocked two times. For a couple of minutes, Michael opened it. He smiled at me. When Michael saw JJ, he slammed the door in our faces. I groan and knock without stopping. Someone groaned and opened the door. And oh my gosh. She was a gorgeous blond. Did Michael have some other sister? Is this Janet? "Oh my goodness! You must be... I have no idea who you guys are so please introduce yourselves," she said. I chuckled a bit and waited for JJ to introduce us.
"I'm JJ and this is my fiance, Peyton." The blond's eyes got wide. She slammed the door in our faces. Did she hate him too? And, again, what was she doing here? She might as well be a friend. I looked at JJ. He shrugged it off. I shrugged too. Then in a few minutes, Michael and the blond opened the door with a greeting smile.
"Come on in," Michael said. They both stepped out of the doorway and gestured us to come in. We both came in and sat down on his couch. Michael sat in a chair while the blond sat on his lap. "Peyton and JJ, this is the woman I'm going to marry. Rachel Abelman. Soon or later, Rachel Jackson." So that's who she is! So Michael does have a lady in his life. He never told me about her. Rachel gave me a smile, I grinned back.

"Hopefully soon," Rachel says. I wanted to see her engagement ring, so I look at her hand. No ring. Hm, that's odd. Maybe Michael forgot about that part and they're buying one soon. That's probably it. I look at JJ and he has that unsure look on his face. I know what he's thinking. Something's up. Something is definitely up. Michael has that fake smile and Rachel just seems too happy. Maybe that's the way they express their love. There is a quite awkward silence between us.

"So how did you two meet?" JJ asked, like he knew they'd make up something stupid. Michael starts stuttering words I can't understand. Then Rachel jumps in.

"We meet in high school. Senior year, woo hoo!" She did a little fist pump and dance. "I was new and he was super popular. One day he asked me out and that was that." Seems like a regular story. Nothing special like; We meet in the park and blah, blah, blah. AND WE FINALLY GOT TOGETHER!
"Yep, that's how it went," Michael said. Michael and Rachel started talking a lot about high school, I couldn't keep track of what they were saying. Then Rachel asked how we meet.

"It's... complicated," I answer.

"Oh," she says. Michael gives me an evil glare.

"Actually, it's not," he says as if he's not done with the sentence and is ready to tell a story. He sighs and pats Rachel's lap. "JJ kidnapped Peyton when she was eight, erased her memory, made her work for him for eight years without going to school or having friends. Then he did the same but I only stayed for a week. He tried to kill us, hit us, and keep us. But... we won!" Rachel jaw drops and JJ gives Michael a evil glare. Is Michael just trying to annoy us? Trying to make me hate JJ again? I will not take it. He's being the stupid Mike I meet before I knew how funny and cool he was.

z88;

"Michael. You and I need to talk. RIGHT NOW," I said like I was his mother.

"You can talk to me in front of Rachel," he says. He faces Rachel and Rachel grins at him. "Right Rachel?" She nods. I. Will. Snatch. That. Blonde. Hair. Of. Hers. I roll my eyes at Michael, stand up, push Rachel off his lap, and lead Michael outside.

z88;

"Why are you being rude?! Why do you care if I marry JJ?!" I yell at him. He seemed like he didn't care because he was smiling and his arms was crossed.

"I'm just telling her the true story," he said in a devious way. I roll my eyes.

"You didn't have to tell her Mike!"

"You know what? I did have to tell her! I had to tell you too! You're acting stupid, marrying people who kept life from you! He kept you locked up in a mansion for eight years! He hit you. He tried killing you and me. He made you steal from your own dad! That's why I told her the story! So you can listen to the past and act like you have some sense!" Michael yelled at me. I stood there in shock. He has never yelled at me like this. Michael would yell at me a couple times, but I swear the neighboors heard. Tears started forming and ran down my face. Why must he be so heartless? Michael walked inside the house and left me standing outside. I started telling myself to stop with the tears and suck it up. The past is the past.

There's nothing Michael can do with it. JJ can't change it. We all have to deal with it.

Chapter End Notes:
Problem fixed :)

And here are some pics of the characters!

Michael and Rachel

Peyton and JJ