- Text Size +

“Y-you’re… huh?!” Michael stammered after a long awkward silence that I assume came because they were shocked. I chuckled a bit and grabbed Michael by the shoulders.


“Michael, I’m getting married!” I repeated again with a huge grin across my face. He looked at me with wide eyes.


“T-to who?!” he asked me. I let out a small sigh. This was going to be tough to explain to him. He probably wasn’t going to like this, but he’s one of my best friends, so he deserves to know!


Katherine noticed my unease and she decided to step back.


“I’ll leave you two to yourselves for a bit,” Katherine said as she walked off into another room. Michael and I just stared at each other.


“Well, are you going to tell me?” Michael asked impatiently. I smiled and nodded.


“Of course! But let’s go outside and sit in the back,” I said as I grabbed him by his wrist and we both walked outside and sat underneath a large tree.


“Alright Peyton, we’re outside and in the backyard, now will you tell me?” he asked me again in a desperate tone. I held his hands in mine.


“Don’t get mad though, promise?” I told him. He nodded.


“Of course! Why would I be mad? You’re getting married! I’m happy for you! I’m excited! Just tell me! All of this… waiting is killing me!” he exclaimed with a bit too much enthusiasm. It was a little off, as if something was bothering him. I shrugged that thought off and decided to continue wit my explanation. I let out another long sigh. This was it.


“You remember JJ right?” I asked him. He laughed and nodded.


“Of course! How could I forget that motherfu-“


“He’s the groom,” I interrupted. Michael stared at me, wide eyed. His jaw dropped.


“Pardon?” he asked, not believing what he had just heard. His expression looked as if he was shocked, and angry. I knew this was going to be bumpy…


“Michael, I’m marrying JJ,” I repeated again calmly. There was yet another silence before Michael exploded with rage.


“Peyton?! What the heck?! JJ?? Are you kidding me?! Of all the guys in the world you decide to marry the one who kidnapped you, hid you from the world, ruined your life and nearly killed you! Are you insane? Is he forcing you to do this or something? This has to be some sort of joke!” Michael exclaimed. I sighed and shook my head. I could feel the tears starting to swell up in my eyes. I didn’t want to cry in front of him. But his reaction was horrible! I mean, I can’t say I didn’t expect it, but still! Could he at least be a little happy for me?


“I’m telling you the truth Michael! I love him! He loves me! What happened before is behind us! Yes, he made a mistake, but he’s changed!” I explained as I put a hand on his shoulder. Michael shuddered and squirmed away from me.


“Don’t touch me! I’m disgusted! Appalled! How could you do that? Do you not realize that you’re screwing your life up?!” he screamed at me.


“Michael! How dare you say that! This is supposed to be a happy moment! Ugh! You’re just as annoying as I remember,” I groaned as I turned my back to him and folded my arms across my chest. Why was he so stubborn? Michael let out a groan.


“Why should I be happy for you when you’re marrying a criminal psycho?!” he asked me. I twirled around sharply.


“Because he’s changed!” I argued.


“Where is he right now?” Michael asked me. I rolled my eyes.


“Jail,” I replied.


“See! Criminal psycho! Right there! My point has been proven,” Michael said with a triumphant grin.


“He’ll be out soon! He’ll be out by the time the wedding day is here!” I explained. Michael shook his head in disappointment. He ran his hands through his hair.


“I really think you’re making a big mistake. I mean, what’s so great about him? How did you ever even fall for him?” He asked me, calming down a little bit.


“Well…” I started, “I went to visit him in the jail, and we talked for a bit in private and he confessed that he made a big mistake. He told me that I was pretty and after that first visit I decided to visit him more and more. The visits became more frequent and after awhile, he asked me marry him and well…”


“You accepted?” Michael finished. I nodded. Michael shook his head. “Pathetic!” Michael yelled.


“Am not! At least I have a love life! Where’s your girlfriend Mr Hotshot?” I retorted. Michael ignored my comeback.


“Isn’t he your uncle? And like… 40?” Michael asked me.


“We’ve decided to look past that…” I commented. Michael shook his head.


“I can’t stay, I’m sorry. Thanks for coming Peyton, it was nice seeing you. But I want you to know that I’m not supporting this marriage,” Michael told me as he started off.


“Why? Are you jealous?” I asked him. I bet he was jealous. He didn’t have a girlfriend and I knew it! He’s just mad because I’ve found love and he didn’t.


“Good bye Peyton!” Michael called to me with a little wave. I groaned and marched back to my car.


I can’t believe him! He should be happy for me! Yes, JJ did some nasty things, but I know that he’s changed! I’m convinced that he’s a better person! Besides, everyone deserves a second chance right?

Chapter End Notes:

Dun-dun-dun! So... what do you think about Peyton's choice in partners?? Leave a review and let us know! We love hearing from you guys! :)