- Text Size +

“Mike... why did I fall through her?” Tito asked me. Everyone was staring at me.


“Um... this is a dream,” I tried to convince him. He got up off of the floor.


“Mike, what’s up bro?” he asked me again. Looks like he didn’t believe the whole ‘it’s a dream’ thing. I didn’t really expect him too. He’s not a complete idiot!


“I can’t tell you,” I sighed.


“Of course! You can’t tell anyone anything anymore!” Joseph complained as he threw his hands up in the air.


“Joseph...” Katherine warned.


“It’s true! Everything’s a secret with you isn’t it Michael? Huh? Isn’t it?” Joseph asked me as he moved closer.


“Just let it go okay?! It’s not like I’m in any danger!” I shouted.


“Mike, we just want to know what’s going on,” Jermaine said.


“Well I’m not telling you guys anything! It’s my life! It’s my information and I can choose if I want to share it or not so step off!” I shouted as I stormed back up into my room. I looked at the clock. God, I sure with it was 7 right now.


It seemed to take forever and a day before the clock finally hit 7! I had left the house at 6:45 and now I was standing under a lamppost near a small pond. This is where she said she’d meet me. At that moment, the air got colder. I turned around and saw Nikki behind me. I jumped. She smiled.


“Did I scare you?” she asked me.


“A little yeah,” I replied. Nikki was in her ghost form, since the moonlight was shinning down on the both of us.


“Sorry,” she apologized.


“Don’t worry about it,” I told her.


“Follow me Michael, I have to talk to you,” she told me her voice becoming very serious. I had a bad feeling about this. It sounds as if that news that she was telling me about is the bad kind.


Nikki and I walked to a small bench on the edge of the pond. She took a seat and patted the open area next to her. I gladly took a seat next to her. She let out a long sigh.


“Michael... you can’t love me,” she told me. There was a long silence. Had I heard her correctly? Did she just say that I can’t love her? No, of course not.


“Pardon me?” I asked. She let out another sigh.


“I said, you can’t love me,” she repeated. This time I knew that I had heard her correctly.


“What are you talking about? Of course I can love you! I do love you! You’re the love of my-“


“Michael stop!” she shouted as she plugged her ears. What’s going on?


“But it’s true... I love-“


“I said stop!” she shouted. I was taken aback. Whoa, she’s never yelled at me like that before.


“Why?” I asked in a small voice.


“Because you’re just making the situation worse,” she told me.


“What situation?” I asked. Man, she sure was leaving me in the dark right now.


“You remember when I told you that I was sent back down here to find love right?” she asked me. I nodded my head.


“Of course I remember,” I replied.


“Well now that I’ve found it, I’m being sent back,” she told me. There was an eerie silence before I replied.


“W-what do you mean?” I stammered.


“I mean exactly what I said. They’re sending me back. I found love and now my mission is over. That’s it,” she explained.


“No!” I said as I stood up from my seat, “No! You can’t just leave! How do we stop this? You have to stay with me! You belong to me!”


“I don’t think that we can stop it Michael. That’s why you can’t love me, because I’m not going to be here for you to love,” she told me. Tears started to form in my eyes.


“But you’re the only one for me,” I said in a quiet voice.


“No. No I’m not. You think I’m the only one for you. There are so many fish in the sea,”


“But you’re my Nemo...”


“At the end of that movie, didn’t Marlin have to let go of Nemo and stop being so protective of him?”


“I don’t know,” I replied. Yes, of course I knew. I was just too sad to admit it.


“You have to let go of me,” she finished.


“But I don’t want to,”


“But you have no choice. You can either start now so that it’s easier later, or start after where it might be much harder,” she explained. I buried myself in my hands.


“It’s not fair,” I sobbed, “It’s not fair. I’ve never even gotten to kiss you. To hold your hand. To hug you...”


“I know, but all good things come to an end,”


“I wish that weren’t true,”


“Me too... but there’s nothing we can do to change it...” she told me. I looked up at her. God, she looked so beautiful right now. It hurt so much to know that I have to let her go.


“W-when are you going?” I asked her. She sighed and started pacing.


“Soon,” she replied.


“How long is soon?” I asked her.


“This might be our last conversation soon,” she replied. My eyes widened and I re-buried myself in my hands. “Don’t cry Michael!” she begged.


“I can’t help it,” I sobbed. You know, people only think that girls cry over their relationships, but that’s not the case. Guys have emotions too! Guys not crying over relationships is just a huge stereotype!


“Michael...” she said quietly. I looked up to face her.


“Yes?” I asked. More tears started to fall when I saw her figure fading.


“Good-bye Michael...” she said as she reached her hand out towards me. I tried to grab it even though I knew very well that it wouldn’t work.


“Please don’t go,” I said in a small voice.


“Good-bye Michael...” she repeated. I waved to her as she started to disappear.


“Good-bye Nikki. I love you,” I said. Her figure had now completely disappeared into thin air, and I was left alone sobbing on a bench. “I love you so, so much...”