- Text Size +

“Michael...” she started.


“What is it? Are you here to give me another fake number?” I spat bitterly. She shook her head. I saw tears starting to swell up in her eyes.


“I didn’t mean to do that. Michael, that is... was... my number,” she told me.


“Well can I have your new number?” I asked her. She shook her head. Well that was rude. Way to crush my dreams!


“I don’t have one,” she told me. I gave her a confused look. Who doesn’t have a phone? I mean c’mon! I get it, not everybody has a cell phone but what about a house phone!


“Are you playing with me?” I asked her.


“No, Michael I’m serious. After I had given you my number and I had left I realized what I had done and ran back to find you, but you weren’t there. I figured you’d be recording a track or something so I came here and you weren’t there either so I came back here today. I’m so, so sorry,” she explained as she started sobbing.


I felt bad for her. Her story seemed legit and she was really sad. I hated seeing girls cry. It made my heart break. It really did. I went out to put my hand on her shoulder, but she moved away. Geez... I just wanted to comfort her that’s all! Why won’t she let me touch her?


“I forgive you Nemo,” I told her. I covered my mouth when I realized that I had just called her Nemo. She looked up and gazed into my eyes.


“Did you just call me-“


“Nikki? Yes, yes I did,” I lied. She blushed.


“I like the nickname Nemo,” she told me. I smiled.


“Than I’ll call you Nemo,” I told her. She smiled and looked down at her feet as if she were embarrassed. Yeah, like she had anything to be embarrassed about! I’m the one who just called her Nemo!


“If you don’t have a phone number, who can I reach you?” I asked her.


“Don’t worry about it, I’ll find you,” she told me.


“How?” I asked her.


“Call it woman’s intuition. Don’t worry about it. Whenever you need me most, I’ll be there,” she assured me. She spoke with such a small, delicate voice. Yet at the same time, it was so mysterious. I knew she was hiding something from me, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Finger. Finger! I looked at her hands. I frowned when I didn’t see a ring. Okay, so she wasn’t married, that’s a good thing, sort of. At least I know I can date her, but I still don’t know her secret. I have to figure it out. It’s killing me!


“You know, I was worried that you were just playing me when the phone number you gave me was out of service,” I told her.


“Yeah... sorry about that, again. And believe me, I’m not a player,” she assured me. I smiled.


“Good, I’m glad,” I told her. We both stared at each other and I got lost in her eyes. Her beautiful, icy blue eyes. They sparkled every time I gazed into them. I smiled when I realized that this blue eyed beauty was mine. All mine. I leaned in closer to her, and she leaned in closer to me. I closed my eyes and puckered up.


But I just ended up kissing air. I opened my eyes and I saw her with her head buried in her hands.


“What’s wrong?” I asked her. She looked up.


“I’m sorry, I’m just not ready,” she told me. I was disappointed because I was ready. I wanted her. I wanted to feel her soft lips against mine. I sighed.


“Okay, I understand. I don’t want to rush you into something that you’re not ready for,” I told her. She managed a small smile.


“Thanks, I’m glad you understand,” she told me. I managed a small smile.


“What about a hug?” I suggested. She didn’t reply. She just stared blankly into my eyes.


“Nemo?” I asked. She snapped out of her trance.


“I should go,” she told me.


“Oh, well, can I have a hug first?” I asked her. She looked at her wrist.


“I don’t have time. I’ve got to get going,” she told me. I looked at her wrists. There was no watch on either of them. What’s going on? What’s she hiding fro me?


“Please, don’t go,” I begged. She looked up into the dark sky.


“No, I have to go, bye Michael,” she said as she quickly spun around on her heels and started running. No, she can’t leave now. I reached out to grab her wrist and was surprised when all I grabbed was air. I could have sworn I grabbed her wrist! I would have bet on it! What just happened? I stared at the air where I thought her wrist would have been, and then I looked back up in search of her.


But she was gone.


Just like that! Gone! What’s going on here? She couldn’t have honestly ran that fast! Maybe she’s hiding... I fell to my knees and landed and the cold, hard ground. Where did she go?


Where does my Nemo keep running off too?

Chapter End Notes:

Review! :D

Sorry how this chapter is kind of short and sorry for the slow updates! I was working on some of my other stories!