- Text Size +

“Look mom, I know this sounds bad! But hear me out! I didn’t mean to lose Kaitlynn in the bush! Let’s just get a search party out there!”

“Daniel James! How could you? How could you lose your younger sister?” Mrs Fritchard screamed. Daniel knew he was in deep trouble. That was really the only purpose for a middle name. It’s so that you know when you’re really in trouble.

“I know I screwed up but please can we just set it aside for now and call the police? I know I’ll probably be grounded for a month, but we can deal with that later! Let’s just get people out there looking for Kaitlynn!”

“I can’t believe she’s out there by herself!” Mrs Fritchard whimpered. Mr Fritchard tried to comfort her.

“But mom, she’s not by herself!”

“Well then who is she with?!” Mrs Fritchard shouted furiously.

“She’s with Michael Jackson,” Daniel explained.

“Daniel! You’re already in enough trouble as it is! Don’t start lying!” Mr Fritchard told him sternly.

“I’m not! When we find Kaitlynn, we’ll also find Michael! You’ll see!” Daniel told them. They both sighed. Mr Fritchard got up and began to call the police. Mrs Fritchard still lay on the sofa with her face buried in her hands. Mr Fritchard walked back in the room.

“The police are going to head up there now, he asked if we could meet him up there. Everyone needs to get in the car. Now!” Mr Fritchard bellowed. Everyone ran to the car and Mr Fritchard started it up and headed towards the mountain.

When they got there, there were already five cop cars and a helicopter flyig over head. A tall office walked up towards them.

“We have three separate groups on the look out for your daughter. They have specially trained dogs with them and we can reach them by radio. We’ll be in constant contact with them, so don’t worry about anything. We’ve got the situation under control,” The officer assured them.

“You do know that you’re looking for two people right?” Daniel told him.

“Son! Michael Jackson isn’t with her!” Mr Fritchard argued. The officer looked at him slightly shocked.

“Excuse me?”

“Kaitlynn isn’t alone! She’s with Michael Jackson! You might not believe me but you have to! I just thought that that might be important information for you to know...” Daniel explained. The officer grabbed his radio and spoke into it,

“Yeah I’ve just got word that there isn’t just the girl, there’s also a man with her. The girl’s brother claims that it’s Michael Jackson so just be ready, over.”

“Michael Jackson?”

“Yup,”

“Oh. Okay then... roger that!” The man on the other end of the radio said. The officer turned back to the family, then looked directly at Daniel.

“You better not be lying kid, this is serious!”

“I’m not lying!”

“Alright, I never said you were. Anyway, you guys sit tight and we’ll hopefully find your daughter in the next few hours!”