- Text Size +

Kaitlynn was the younger sister of Daniel Fritchard. Daniel was 19 and Kaitlynn was 18. Kaitlynn and her brother were real close. Daniel was a risk-taker. It wouldn’t matter what it was, he would do it. He was that guy who would climb up the flagpoles, do a belly flop off of the high dive at the local pool. People called him ‘Fearless Fritchard.’ Kaitlynn was never known as ‘Kaitlynn.’ She was known as ‘The Fearless Fritchard’s sister.’ She didn’t really like it but she wasn’t one to speak her mind. She was soft spoken and kept most of her comments to herself. She was hanging out with her brother and his friends at lunchtime. Chris was going on about a wicked bike trail he had gone on with a few of his friends from another school.


“These guys were crazy! They built the trail; let it get over grown and still ride it! They tried to get me on that thing! It’s madness dude!” Chris exclaimed.


“Daniel would do it,” Liam added. Daniel smiled.


“Would you do it dude?” Hector asked Daniel.


“Yeah, I’d do it,” Daniel replied.


“You’d get killed! I’ve seen this trail! It’s insane! You couldn’t handle it!” Chris told him.


“Could the guys you were with handle it?”


“Yeah... but they built the trail! They’ve practiced it a thousand times!”


“It doesn’t matter, I could still do it,”


“Yeah! What ever they can do, we can do a million times better!” Liam blurted out.


“Yeah! Let’s go and do the trail this weekend!” Daniel suggested. Chris sighed.


“Alright, alright, let’s do it. After all, we can handle it,”


“Kaitlynn? Do you wanna come?” Daniel asked.


“Um... I don’t know...”


“C’mon! Don’t tell me that Fearless Fritchard’s sister actually isn’t fearless!” Hector exclaimed. The boys all laughed. Kaitlynn thought about it for a moment. It probably isn’t that bad. Besides, she’s done a million bike trails before.


“Fine, I’ll do it,” Kaitlynn replied. The boys cheered.


“This Saturday, we’re doing it!” Daniel confirmed.


“Great! By the way, I hope you don’t mind but I’ll probably bring my cousin, my mom wants me to spend time with him!” Liam mentioned unenthusiastically.


“Fine, but we won’t wait up for him... or you Kaitlynn,” Daniel added. Kaitlynn nodded. She knew the drill. She would come along on her brother’s crazy adventures and always get left behind. She didn’t mind. She never had anything better to do anyway!


The word spread fast and by the end of the week, everybody knew about Daniel’s knew adventure. Everyone respected people like him. They thought he was cool. They thought what he did was cool. Not that they were wrong, it was pretty cool.