- Text Size +

“Jade?” asked the voice. I turned around. It was my neighbour Lexi!


“Oh uh... hi Lexi!” I said nervously.


“What’s all- holy crap it’s Michael and Janet Jackson!” She screamed. Bad MJ winked at her.


“Hey! Did you guys notice how Bad MJ’s clothes are so tight? And black? How does he breath? How does he get his hair like that? And what’s up with all of the buckles? Hey that makes me wonder if I’ll ever meet Spongebob! And who’s Annie? Is she okay? Will she ever be okay? And how come Billie Jean isn’t my lover? What’s so bad about Billie Jean? How come I can’t Remember the time? How did Susie get my number? Why should I Blame it on the boogie? How did blood get on the dance floor? Why should I keep it In the closet? These are the questions that haunt me at night...” Leave me Alone MJ said randomly. Lexi tilted her head sideways in confusion.


“Just ignore it,” I told her.


“Where did all of these Jackson’s come from?” Lexi asked me.


“I wish I knew...” I admitted. “Personally, I think there’s a Jackson apocalypse going on...”


“I didn’t know you had a puppy!” Lexi exclaimed.


“Actually, that’s Thriller MJ!” Ghosts MJ explained.


“Jade! You are so lucky! Can I uh... can I stay?” She asked me.


“Yes! Please! Oh my God! They are out of control!”


“Do you happen to have anything to eat?” Off the wall MJ asked Lexi.


“Um... no,” Lexi replied. Off the wall MJ looked down a little disappointed.


“Lexi... I have no clue what to do! Where do I take all of these Jackson’s?” I asked her.


“We could walk to the park down the street...” She suggested.


“Oh my God! Great idea! Ok! Everybody follow me!” I said as Lexi and I led the Jackson’s to the park. When we got there they were all fooling around, except for Bad MJ who was leaning against a nearby tree.


“You know, that one over there is really cute!” Lexi said as she pointed towards Bad MJ. I looked at her.


“You’re joking?”


“No! He even winked at me!”


“Dude! He is like, a total jerk!”


“How do you know?”


“I’ve gotten to know them all pretty well...” I told her.


“Hey pretty baby with the hippos on!” The way you make me feel MJ sang.


“That was um...” Lexi started.


“Look, he does that all the time! Really,” I told her. We were at the park for awhile when the sun came up and Thriller MJ transformed back into his normal self. He walked up to Lexi.


“Yo mama so old that when she was in school there was no history class!” Thriller MJ said.


“Oh ya? Well yo mama so old that Jesus is in her yearbook!” Lexi retorted.


“Oh ya? Well yo mama-“


“Thriller MJ! Please! Lexi! Don’t start anything!” I pleaded.


“Sorry, I just really had to do that...” Lexi explained. Thriller MJ walked back over to the other MJ’s.


“It’s alright, he’s just really obsessed with you mama jokes, it’s weird...” I told her.


“How come there’s only one Janet?” Lexi asked me.


“I don’t know, but I have a feeling more are coming...” I told her.


“I’m hungry!” Off the wall MJ whined.


“Me too! When can we eat?” This is it MJ asked.


“I don’t know... maybe we can go to Lexi’s house...” I said as I looked at Lexi.


“Sure, why not,” She said as she shrugged her shoulders. All of the Jacksons cheered and we started walking to Lexi’s house.


“C’mon everybody!” I yelled.


“Make me!”