Daddy Dear by MichaelManiac
Summary:

For 8 year old Madelyn Johannson, a father's love is something she's always wanted and never known. To her, her father's identity is a huge mystery.
After many years of suspicion and longing she finally decides to uncover her father's real identity who turns out to be
Michael Jackson the 24 year old caviler, sarcastic, self centered and womanizing bachelor that is secretly a sad and lonely superstar.


How will Michael take being a daddy?????
Will he except Madelyn as his daughter??
Will Maddie finally experience the fatherly love she's always longed for????

Read to find out!!!! Photobucket


Categories: Thriller: 1982-1983, Hurt/Comfort, Humor Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: Death
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 8850 Read: 31460 Published: Jan 28, 2012 Updated: Nov 23, 2013
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The year is 1982 and Michael is famous. He's personality and his attitude toward children is way off than in reality. Don't get offended please. It's purley fiction and a sweet father daughter story.

1. Chapter 1: Who's your daddy????? by MichaelManiac

2. Chapter 2: Daddy's little girl by MichaelManiac

3. Chapter 3: New edition by MichaelManiac

4. Chapter 4: You're my daddy by MichaelManiac

5. Chapter 5:Little star by MichaelManiac

6. Chapter 6: Father Daughter Time by MichaelManiac

7. Chapter 7: With a Child's Heart by MichaelManiac

8. Chapter 8: Daddy's Day by MichaelManiac

9. Chapter 9: Coward by MichaelManiac

10. Chapter 10:One Day In Your Life by MichaelManiac

Chapter 1: Who's your daddy????? by MichaelManiac
The busy California airport was filled with a chorus of curious murmmors and critical stares as a young girl, age eight, happily strolled through the massive crowd of tall grown ups. Teddy bear tucked under her arm and her Apple green suit case printed with cute half eaten granny smiths trailing behind her. She thought nothing of it, smiled to herself and walked tall as if she fit right in.

"Little girl, where are you going?? Are you lost??" Many strangers bent down to ask. She just grinned widely and replied: "I'm going to meet my daddy." It was true, she was going to meet her daddy.


For the first time.

Growing up with just a mother Maddie Johannson had never understood the role of father. Her mother never mentioned a father nor his identity and for a while Maddie was completely oblivious to the fact that she had one. It wasn't until she noticed other little girls being embraced and spun around by their fathers as they giggled with glee on the way out the school building. She envied them and she longed for a father's love.

And it was then that she became more eager than ever to find her papa. She was tired of hearing her peers speak of their fathers while she listened from a far. She got sick to her stomach when "Daddy career day" came and she sat on the rug with the other children bearing a blank expression as she drifted away into a reviver thinking about what her dad did for a living.

No matter what anyone said she knew she just had to have one and she was determined to find him. So with a lot of research and plenty of snooping not fit for a young girl age eight she finally found out who her father was. And little did she know, her father was about to find out who she was.

*****************************

Michael Jackson pushed through the crowd of paparazzi while still tightly gripping the busty brunette who walked beside him's hand. He was just leaving the album release party of his next big album Thriller. After all his hard work he was finally happy to just let lose and party although he knew he wouldn't be to satisfied with the results no matter how big the album was.

He was a perfectionist, a complicated man that never got any satisfaction out of anything. Not even the numerous amounts of girls (Much like the busty brunette on his arm) he brought home on nights like this. There was most certainly a void in his life. A huge gap which couldn't seem to be filled.

He gave one last half hearted wave to his fans before quickly retreating into the limo and pulling the brunette in with him. When his driver slammed the door he heaved a heavy sigh. Although he had been a star for a long time he really didn't like being in the spotlight.

"Umm Mike, the way you moved through that crowd was so sexy!" The brunette exclained. Michael smiled. He never got why women found everything he did sexy. He didn't even think he was sexy but as long as they did and he got what he wanted it was all good.

"Hush girl let your lips do the talking." He replied smothering her mouth with his. Michael had never been this much of player before. In fact he used to be a gentlemen but between many years of tremendous success his head had gotten swollen from all the escalates.

Michael didn't love any of these women. He hardly even remembered their names come morning time. There was only one woman he ever truly loved. But he was selfish and let his career come between their love and they never saw each other again. She was miles away and he often wondered what she was doing now and if she was thinking about him the way he thought of her.


After a limo ride of tongue wrestling, Michael and the brunette finally arrived home. The over eager brown haired woman plopped down on the sofa and Michael half heartedly followed. When they resumed the tongue wrestling Michael's intercom buzzed. "Mike?" The voice of Warren, the gate warden rang through the lounge room. "What???" Michael barked. "There's someone here to see you." He replied. Michael looked at the brunette and sighed. "Tell em to beat it I'm busy." He replied.

Warren paused for a minuet which completely annoyed Michael. He cleared his throat and began. "They say that it's super duper important and that you can't deny this cute face." Michael furrowed his brows. " Just send them in." He replied. "Alright Michael." Warren called. The brunette stared at Michael with lustful eyes before leaning in to kiss him. Just then a hard knock on the door interuptted them.

"I'll get it." Michael replied leaving the woman cursing under her breath on the sofa. He scratched his head on the way to the door wondering how could be knocking at this time. When he made it to the door he looked through the peep hole and his brows furrowed again this time even deeper the sight of a little girl, not even 5 feet tall at his door this time of night.

"The hell." He muttered as he unlocked the door. It swung open in one swift motion and Maddie's big brown eyes lit up. "Little girl, isn't it a little too late to be selling girl scout cookies???" Michael asked. Maddie was awe struck, she couldn't believe she was standing in front of her father. She couldn't believe she was seeing him for the first time.

"Um, little girl???" Michael asked and still Maddie could verse nothing until finally she said.





"You're my daddy."
End Notes:
Please review and let me know what you think!!! I'm not so sure about this story so suggestions and thoughts are appreciated!!!
Chapter 2: Daddy's little girl by MichaelManiac
"Okay, people are taking this Billie Jean thing way too seriously. The kid is not my son." Michael said. Maddie smiled. "Of course the kid can't be your son, you only have a daughter." She replied. Michael sighed and rolled his eyes. "Look little girl, did your mother put you up to this??? I'll give you anything you want if you just leave me alone." Maddie frowned. "My mommy didn't put me up to this. You're my daddy and I can prove it!" She exclaimed in her little voice.

"And just how can you prove it??" Michael asked mimicking her. "I have my birth certificate." She retorted. Michael smirked as Maddie searched through her suit case. A few minuets later she retried a folded and slightly aged piece of paper and extended it to Michael.

"We'll see about this." He muttered as he snatched it from her little hands. Maddie stared at her knew found father as he unfolded the birth certificate. His warm brown eyes widened. Michael almost stopped breathing at what he saw.

Right in the column titled father's name beheld his full name in bold black letters. He couldn't believe it. Then he looked in the column titled Mother's name and there was the prettiest name known to man: Selina Loraine Johannson.

Selina was Michael's first and only real love. They were madly in love as teenagers. They even promised each other that when they turned 18 they would marry. But Michael became selfish and chose his career over what could have been a life time of love. They did some crazy things as teenagers but he was never aware that Selina was pregnant.

"Now do ya believe me???" Maddie asked with her head tilted to the side. Michael stared at her. She looked like the spitting image of Selina. She had his doe brown eyes but she had Selina's beautiful olive complexion and her perfectly pouted pink lips. She had a head full of soft curly hair and a slightly chubby face which appeared to be inherited from Michael since he too once had a chubby face as a kid.She even reminded him of himself when he was young.

"How old are you kid???" Michael asked. "Eight." Maddie replied. Michael counted on his fingers and sighed. The numbers matched up."Come inside." was all he could say.

Maddie smiled and grabbed her bags. "She's staying too. Great." Michael thought to himself. Just then the busty brunette came headed in their direction almost running over Maddie. "Michael- Who is this????" She asked looking down. Michael stared at her with a blank expression. What was he going to say???

"Umm" He said. "I'm his daughter!!" Maddie exclaimed. The brunette stared at him with wide eyes. "You have a daughter???, you never told me you had a daughter!!!"She said putting her hands on her hips. "I didn't know I had one." Michael replied in a dazed manner. "Well I'll be damned." She said. "It's not nice to use bad words." Maddie said. The brunette rolled her eyes. "Look Carol,- "It's Candi" The brunette interjected. "Cindy, I think it's time for you to go home." "ughh!!! You know you're right Michael it's definitely time for me to go home you can't even remember my name!!!" The brunette, now identified as Candi exclaimed grabbing her purse.

"Bye Cassandra!!! I enjoyed the make out session!!! I'll have Bill drive you home!" Michael called, angry as the door slammed in his face. Already his daughter was causing trouble.

"Okay kid, A lot of people accuse me of these things but are you sure Selina is your mother??" Maddie's brown eyes widened."Oh yes sir, Cross my heart and hope to starve. I wouldn't lie about that. Selina is my mommy. She was crazy about you. But then she said you turned into a different person. But that can't be true because you're still Michael Jackson. Right daddy?"

Michael sighed. He didn't like talking about Selina because it only reminded him of how foolish and selfish he was. He would do anything to be Selina again.

"Look if you're going to stay here we've got to get somethings straight. First of all you are not to call me Daddy, I would much rather prefer you call be Michael. Second off all do not scare my company and third of all don't trash my home. Get it got it good. Now off to bed!! He snapped. Maddie a bit taken aback replied, "Um Michael I don't know where my room is." Michael sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Go upstairs. Third room on the right."

Maddie shrugged and gathered her bags. "G'night Michael." She said as she headed up the stairs. She was confused as to why he was so upset.But she was also grateful.


At least now she had a father to yell at her.
End Notes:
Please review!
Chapter 3: New edition by MichaelManiac
The sweet smell of morning time a breakfast waffled into Michael's bedroom. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and sniffed the air out of curiosity of the smell. He had no maids so who could be cooking?? Then he quickly remembered he now had a daughter and sprang out of bed.

"Good morning Michael, did the sandman bring you sweet dreams??" Maddie asked sweetly standing on a chair as she turned over pancakes once Michael was downstairs. "What are you doing, kid??" He asked avoiding her childish question. "I'm cooking can't you see??? Don't worry I know how my mommy taught me. Please sit down and eat."

Michael sighed and did as instructed but he couldn't help but ask:"Where is your mother??" Maddie sighed. "Oh, oh she's fine. She's helping kids in Africa. You know giving them clean water and all that stuff. She didn't want to drag me along because I haven't gotten all my shots yet. You can be exposed to terrible things in Africa." She finished while retrieving two plates. "That's just like your mother, always wanting to help people." He replied Maddie smiled. "Can you tell me about you and my mommy???" She asked. Michael sighed. "I don't want to talk about it."

Maddie frowned a little. "Okay, I'm sorry." There was an odd cold silence between the two before Michael spoke. "Listen kid, after breakfast were going out." Michael declared. "To where??" Maddie asked curiously as she sat Michael's breakfast before him. "To Havenhurst." He replied grabbing his fork. "What's that??" She asked. Michael rolled his eyes. He hadn't gotten used to the many questions children asked. "It's my family home. My mother and father and few of my siblings like there." He replied. "Wow I get to meet the rest of the family?!?!? I'm going to get dressed right now." She exclaimed springing from her seat leaving an untouched breakfast on the table. Michael sighed massaging his temples. It was gonna be a long day.



"Michael are we there yet???" An over eager Maddie asked as she sat legs crossed on the jet black seats of the back of the limo. "Damn you asked that 10 times already!! Just a few more minuets!" Michael who sat next to her staring out the window through his dark shades replied. Maddie sighed. "Michael, why do you wear sunglasses when it's not that sunny?" Michael rolled his eyes through his shades "Maddie, Why do you ask so many questions???" He retorted in a very sarcastic tone.

"We're here." Bill Bray, Michael's bodyguard and driver announced. Maddie was just about to open the door when Michael's hand stopped her. " Look, when you meet my parents you are to be respectful and mind you manners. Do not speak unless spoken to and look with your eyes and not your hands. Got it??" Maddie sighed. "Yes Michael."

Father and daughter got out of the limo and approached the door. Michael nervously patted his foot as he turned the door bell. Maddie smiled up at him and waited anxiously. A few minuets later the door swung open.

"Hey Mike!!" Janet, Michael's 16 year old sister exclaimed with a broad grin. "I can't believe you're here you hardly come to see us." Michael smiled nervously. "Well I'm here." Janet looked down at the cute little girl standing next to Michael. "Who's this??" She asked. Michael swallowed. That was the question he was dreading most. "That's my, my, d-d- daughter." Janet giggled. "You're too silly Mike. Hi sweety what's your name?" Maddie smiled. "I'm Maddie. Are you my aunt???" Janet gave Michael a shocked look and then turned back to Maddie.

"Um yes I am. I'm aunt Janet. Come inside." Maddie smiled and followed her new aunt into the house. Her eyes lit up with wonder at it's size. "Michael you pulling some kind of prank??" Janet whispered falling into step next to Michael. "This is real Janet." He replied in a serious tone. "Well how long have you had a daughter??" She asked. "Since last night. She showed up at my house claiming I was her father." Janet bit her lip. "How do you know she's not lying??" Michael sighed. "She's not. I checked her birth certificate. My name is on there. Selina's her mother."

Janet's eyes got wide. "You and Selina had a kid????" She asked. "Apparently so. She's eight years old. That's how many years ago we broke up. And she looks like her." Janet studied Maddie ask she looked around. "Yep, she's your kid alright. Mother's not going to like this. MOTHER!!!! MICHAEL IS HERE!!!" Michael rolled his eyes at his sister as she headed up stairs. Then he heard foot steps approaching and a sweet familiar smell filling the air.

"Son, it's really you! Boy what have you-" Kathrine stopped dead in her tracks when she noticed the little girl who stood beside Michael. "Michael who's this cutie?" She asked. Michael took a deep breath. "Mother there's someone you should meet. Mother this is your granddaughter, Maddie. Maddie this is my mother; your grandmother, Kathrine." Michael's mother held a blank expression.

"I've been waiting to meet you for the longest time. You're just as I imagined; beautiful, and you smell great!" Maddie replied with a broad grin. Kathrine stared at Michael. "Well this is quite unexpected but I've always wanted a cute little granddaughter and you are adorable! Come child, we've got some catching up to do." Maddie smiled and took her new grandmother's hand. "We'll discuss this later." She whispered to Michael as she walked away with her new granddaughter. Michael sighed a huge sigh and plopped down on the sofa thinking about how his life had taken a 360 turn thanks to his new "bundle of joy."

About 10 minuets later he got slapped back into reality with his mother frantically calling his name. "MICHAEL, MICHAEL!!! QUICK COME AND SEE!!!!". Michael shot up rushing up the stairs to his old bedroom. He finally discovered Janet and Kathrine huddled around Maddie in the walk in closet with big smiled on their faces. "What?" He asked. "Look!!! Janet exclaimed as they stepped out of the way only to reveal Maddie in one of his psychedelic suits he once wore as a little boy in the Jackson 5 days. "This is what you all are worked up about??" He asked unamused.

"But look isn't she adorable??? It fits her perfectly. She's just the exact same portions as you when you were that age. She's definitely you're kid. She reminds me so much of you when you were a kid!! She's just a ray of sunshine!!!" Kathrine finished with a big smile.

"Sit down girl!! I think I love ya!! No, get up girl!! Show me what you can do!!" Maddie suddenly exclaimed mimicking her father as a young member of the Jackson 5 as Kathrine and Janet giggle in amusement. They continued to fuss over her as she danced in front of the mirrors. Michael couldn't help bit giggle a bit himself.

"I love this new edition to the family!!!!" Janet exclaimed and Kathrine agreed.


Everything around him was changing.
End Notes:
Please review!!!
Chapter 4: You're my daddy by MichaelManiac
"Okay Michael let's discuss this." Kathrine declared once the mini concert was over with. Michael sighed and followed his mother out of the room leaving Maddie and Janet in a fit full of giggles. "So that's what you've been doin all this time. You been raising a little girl." She said as they made there way down the stair case. "That is most certainly not true!!" Michael snapped. "Watch your tone boy." Kathrine warned.

"That little girl just showed up at my house last night claiming I was her father." He declared. Kathrine held her lips agape but Michael spoke before she could get the words out. "I looked at her birth certificate, my name is on there." "And who's the mother?" Kathrine asked once they were down the stairs. Michael sighed lowering his voice. "Selina" He whispered.

"Selina!! Boy if I would have known you were having sex at that age!!!! Selina!!!! You knew about this all that time didn't you?????" Kathrine shouted. "Mother I told you no! I had no idea Selina was pregnant! It has to be my kid. She's eight years old exactly how many years it's been since we broke up." Kathrine sighed. "All I know is that you better watch it! For all I know you could have a kid in every state." She said hitting Michael's chest. Michael giggled. "Mother don't be silly that'd mean I'd have fifty kids." Kathrine shook her head. "All I'm saying is you better wrap it up son." Michael giggled at bit more and then suddenly Janet and Maddie came down the stairs.

"What's wrong girls??" Michael asked. Aunt and niece stayed silent as a familiar set of heavy, intimidating foot falls came down the steps. Then they were all met with the face of the devil.

Joseph.

"Who the hell is this little girl comin in my house and disturbing my peace!" He barked. The whole room was tense. No one dare speak and no one could speak. It was if their lips were sealed. "Well!!" He screamed.

"Um she er, um." Michael spoke. Maddie looked at her father and quickly noticed the fear in his eyes. She didn't understand why everyone was so afraid of Joseph. He couldn't be all that bad. They obviously hadn't mastered the art of sweet talking and cuteness.

"Hi sir I'm Madelyn. but you can call me Maddie." Michael stared at Maddie with wide eyes. She was gonna get her head bitten off by Joseph if she didn't shut up!! Didn't he tell her not to speak unless spoken to????

"And who are you??" Joseph asked, his voice softening. "I'm your granddaughter." Joseph laughed. "Little girl I think your ponytail is too tight. The only kids of mine who got kids is Tito and Jackie. Who's kid are you??"

Maddie's big brown eyes, identical to Michael's, swept over in his direction. Michael cringed and Joseph laughed. "Michael doesn't have a kid do you?" Joseph asked. Michael sighed. "I do Joseph. That's your granddaughter Madelyn." Michael said placing his hands on her shoulders. Maddie smiled to make the moment more genuine. Suddenly Joseph started looking around.

"What cha looking for??" Maddie asked. "I'm looking for Aston cause I must be getting punked. Michael can't even take care of himself, how is he gonna take care of a kid?" Maddie could sense her father's anger by his grip on her shoulders.

"Don't say that!" Maddie shouted. Everyone stared at her. "I mean no disrespect sir but you shouldn't talk like that. I haven't known Michael for a very long time but I know he's capable of being a good father. I just know it." Janet and Kathrine smiled and Michael held a blank expression although he was quite surprised a little girl that he hardly knew would stand up for him like that. Joseph couldn't even verse.

Still silent, Joseph turned on his heel and left up the steps. Once he was gone, Michael let out a huge sigh and looked down at Maddie.

"Didn't I tell you not to speak unless spoken to?!?!" He scolded bending down to her level. "I'm sorry, Michael I just had to." Michael sighed. "No you didn't." Michael replied.

"I did, you're my daddy." Maddie replied.


Michael stared at his daughter. "Come on Maddie let's go back up stairs." Janet said. Maddie smiled and happily followed after her aunt. Kathrine turned to Michael with a smile.




"That's a wonderful little girl you've been blessed with."
End Notes:
I don't know..... I think I kind of fizzled on this chapter. Please let me know what you think!!
Chapter 5:Little star by MichaelManiac
Author's Notes:
Photobucket




Michael and Paul are such Goofballs!
After a what seemed like a long day at Hayvenhurst, Michael and Maddie finally left with a handful of goodbyes. Michael was relived to be leaving but Maddie on the other hand couldn't wait to see them again.

"Your family is so nice." Maddie exclaimed as they rode in the limo again. The sun was beginning to set. Michael laughed. "You don't know them like I do, Once you get used to this family you'll change your mind." Maddie smiled. "I don't think so Michael."

"Listen kid, before the day is over we have one more stop." Michael declared. "Where to??" Maddie asked, her curiosity showing. "We're going to a friends house. You're to be respectful, remember your manners and-" "Look with your eyes not your hands. Don't worry Michael, I always remember." Maddie replied.

"Hey, does Selina, your mother, does your mother ever talk about me??" Michael asked, desperate to know. "Well, not really. She recently told me about you but she didn't say much." Maddie replied. Michael sighed. He was secretly hoping that he would still have a special place in Selina's heart like the special place she had in his.

Father and daughter rode in silence until Bill announced that they had arrived at their destination. "Remember," Michael began. "You're to be respectful, mind your manners and look with your eyes not your hands. I told you I remembered Michael!" Maddie said sounding almost exactly like him as she repeated his directions.Michael rolled his eyes as they stepped out of the limo and up to a large mansion.

"Who's house is this??" Maddie couldn't help but ask.Once again, Michael gave his warm brown eyes a roll. "You sure do ask a lot questions, this is my good friend Paul's house." Michael said before knocking on the door. Maddie nodded and stared at her father as they waited on an answer. She still couldn't believe she was with him.
"What?!?" Michael asked. He never liked being stared down because he always figured people were analyzing his imperfections. He always had image problems. "Nothing." Maddie replied as the door swung open.

"'Ello Michael." a warm British accent greeted them. "Oh my gosh, you're Paul McCartney!! Beatle extraordinaire!!!" Maddie exclaimed. Michael looked at her before facepalming his forehead. Paul chuckled. "Well by jove that's me. And who are you little lady??" "I'm Maddie she replied. "Mike, don't you think she's a bit too young to be your date." Paul turned to Michael with a smirk. "Paul, you sick smuck!!!! That's my daughter." Paul furrowed his brows. "You've got a daughter??" He asked. "It's a long story. I'll explain it later." Michael replied giving Paul a pat on the back as he made his way into the door. Maddie smiled and happily followed.

"So, Mr. McCartney, why is my dad having dinner with you??" Maddie asked in her usual curious tone. Paul smiled. "Well, Your Papa and I have some business to go over. You see I'm coming out with another album and I'm also doing some collaborations with your daddy." Maddie tilted her head like she always did when she was curious or confused. Just like a confused puppy. "What are collaborations??" She asked. Paul smiled yet again. "You sure are a curious little tike. A collaboration is when two great people get together and do a big project.""Well that's nice" Maddie replied with a smile.

They spent the rest of the evening conversing over dinner and being won over by Maddie's strong charm. Michael smiled as he listen to his daughter tell stories and make jokes. She definitely got her sense of humor from Selina. She could make him laugh in the most serious situations. He missed her so much.

Maddie watched as Michael and Paul sat in silence at the grand piano, grave expressions on their faces. "Whatcha thinking about?" She couldn't help but ask. "Hush Maddie!! We're thinkin!" Michael snapped. Paul sat down the slender yellow pencil in his hand. His expression softening.

"Maddie, can you sing like your pops?" He asked. "Well I don't really sing that much but I guess I can." She replied. "Well come here doll, I want to test out this song and see what it sounds like." Maddie smiled doing as told as she hoped off of the couch and headed over to the piano. Michael watched her with a half smile. "Here's the lyrics so far. I'll play you sing." Paul instructed."Yes sir." Maddie replied as Paul's slender fingers settled on the keys. She took a deep breath and began.

"Ebony And Ivory Live Together In Perfect Harmony
Side By Side On My Piano Keyboard, Oh Lord, Why Don't We?
We All Know That People Are The Same Where Ever We Go
There Is Good And Bad In Ev'ryone,
We Learn To Live, We Learn To Give
Each Other What We Need To Survive Together Alive." She sang. She had a very strong, beautiful voice for a child. It reminded Michael very much of himself when he was a kid. He was rather impressed with Maddie.

Paul stopped playing. "That was wonderful darling! You've got a splendid voice. Michael you got a little star on your hands!! Hi five!!!" Paul exclaimed extending his bigger hand. Maddie grinned widely and slapped her much smaller hand into his large palm. Then she turned to Michael with a bright smile and he could could help but return it.
End Notes:
Please let me know what you think and review!!
Chapter 6: Father Daughter Time by MichaelManiac
Author's Notes:
I know it's been a while but I'm back!!!
"Miiiiiiiiiiiiichael, waaaaake up!!" Maddie purrs and she sits on her father's large bed, her feet not even touching the hardwood floors. She looks around at the room. She feels like she's in the chambers of a king, it's so large. She knows she really shouldn't be in there and she feels the moment Michael wakes up he's going behead her. But it also has the vibe of a dungeon. Cold and dark and lonely.

There is no movement from the long body underneath the covers"Miiichael." She says yet again poking her father lightly. " Damn Sandy,Leave me alone! I'll call you later. Just leave your number on the night stand and tell Bill I said to drive you home." He replied groggily pulling the covers over his head. The young girl furrowed her brows. "It's not Sandy." She replied. "Well Sabrina, whoever you are. Go!" Maddie furrowed her brows in further confusion . She then noticed the big foot that peeked out from under the covers. She smirked to herself.

She knew his weakness.


She took the large foot in her hands and viriously moved her slender fingers across the sole. Michael giggled from under the covers. Maddie smiled tickling him more. His laughter grew louder and she couldn't help but laugh along. His laughter was contagious, in a very good way."Stop ..... That tickles!!!! AH!! NO!!" He shouted in between giggles. He struggled to keep his big brown eyes shut. "Time to wake up Michael!!" She shouted adding a few more tickles. Michael giggled some more and then slowly opened his eyes. His expression changed from amused to annoyed. "Get out!!" He barked.

Maddie was taken aback."I just thought it was time for you to get up." She said as Michael rubbed his eyes. "Whatever kid" He muttered closing them and getting coozy in his sheets "It's a beautiful day and your just gonna spend it cooped up in your dark and lonely room?? She asked. Michael sighed. "It's my life kid." He replied. "Mommy always told me that you decide what your day is gonna be like." Maddie said. Michael groaned. Please little girl, if you know what's good for you you'd get outta my room." Maddie shook her head. "Nope, your gona get up and your going to have a good day."



The young girl marched to the other side of her father's bedroom and opened all the blinds, the mid morning's sunlight streaming through the room. "Hey!!!" Michael protested. A big smile just spread across Maddie's face as she got an idea.



"Madelyn Joy Johanson I demand to know where we are going this instant!!!" Michael barked as he sat next to Maddie in the back for the limo. Arms crossed, head cocked with a pouty expression on his face. What spunk. "Actually it's Madelyn Janine Johanson. Bill we're almost there." She replied returning her eyes straight foward. "I'll tell you, if there's anything that you inhereted from me, it's definately stuborness." Michael replied. "Yep, I'm just like my daddy." Maddie replied reaching over to ruffle some of his curls. Michael pushed her little hand away while giggling a bit. "We're here." Bill announced.



Michael rolled down his window to get a look of where they were at. "Oh hell no, a playground?!??!" He exclaimed. "Yes sir, it's always where I go a beautiful day." Maddie replied. With that she hopped out of the limo. "I swear, next time I get real serious with a girl, I'm using rubbers." He said muttered before getting out himself



"Come on Michael let's go!!!" She exclaimed grabbing his big hand as she lead him to a set of swings. "Hey slow down, I'm not as young as I used to be." He said. "Hey you're not that old." She said look up at him. Michael laughed. "Have a seat my father." She said gesturing toward the swing. He rolled his eyes and took a seat. "Anything to keep you quite. And since I'm not that old will ya quit with all the father jazz." He replied. "Sure thing." She said as she circled around him and gave him one big push. A big smile spread across her father's face.



"I'm flying!!!" He squealed. The biggest smile plastered on his face. In the short time Maddie had known Michael she had never seen him so happy. She was so used to the sarcastic, cavalier Michael she had no idea a bright, happy Michael even existed.



She was glad to bring him happiness and hoped she would do it again.
End Notes:
Please review!!
Chapter 7: With a Child's Heart by MichaelManiac
Author's Notes:
Hi I'm back!! I know it's short but please let me know what you think!
"Michael, my arms are getting tired." Maddie announced with an exhasted sigh. Michael's swing was gradually slowing down. Michael had been swinging for about a good hour now and his laughed and giggled the whole time. "Aww Man that was fun!" Michael exclaimed, his swing at a full stop. The exhauseted 8 year old sat down occupying the swing next to her father.

"I gotta say thanks kid, you reminded me what it was like to be a child again." Michael said staring off into the distance. "You were a kid too?" Maddie asked turning to her father. Michael chuckled. "Of course kid. We were all children once. But some of us didn't really get to be one. Like me." He replied. Something about Michael's tone alarmed Maddie. In her short time knowing him she had never heard him speak so seriously, so sad.

"What do ya mean?" She asked in her usual curious tone. Michael turned to his daugther with sad eyes before taking a deep breath. "Well when I was a little boy, younger than you, Joseph; my dad formed a family band with me and my brothers. We did shows around town alot and we eventually got us a record with Motown. At first it felt real good to be a child star but then I had less and less time to be a kid. I wasn't a child to them anymore I was just a star. I had to grow up so fast. There was a playground right across the street for the Motown recording studio. While I was workin other kids were playing. I'd just stare out the window and cry cause I wanted more than anything else in the whole wide world to be just like them. Just a kid." Michael finished.

Maddie stared at her father. In his doe eyes, the same eyes they shared, held a mixture of sadness, longing . They were suddenly replaced by the eyes of a boy. "I said too much." Michael said standing up."No, Michael you said just enough." Maddie replied. And then she did the thing they both least expected. She walked over to her father and wrapped her arms around his long legs.

She had only know him for just a few days but she just knew that she needed him and little did he know he needed her just as much. Michael stayed still figured soaking in the akward moment. This little girl was starting to grow on him.

After what seemed like an eternity of akwardness Maddie pulled away and looked up at her father. "Well you're not getting any older are you??" She asked. Michael smiled. "Shoot, I'm not gettin any younger either." Michael replied. "Well then you've got pleanty of time to still be a kid. Come on!!" She said rushing him over to the merry-go round. "This one's real fun!" She said. "I think I might remember this one." Michael replied.

Maddie instructed her father to take a seat. "I've never taken orders from someone younger than 10." Michael replied before taking his daugher's orders. A big grin spread over the young girl's face as she gave the equipment one big push sending her father in one big spin. It just did her heart good to hear him laughing.


"Please stop!" Michael demanded after many rounds of spining. Maddie stopped pushing and allowed the play ground equipment stop itself. "Holly Hell, I'm gonna be sick." Michael announced. Then he retched."Eww! you didn't tell me that was gonna happen!!!" Michael screamed in disgust. Maddie shrugged. "Hey it's the side affects." She replied before reciving a glare from Michael.




That day Maddie saw her father for just who he was, a child at heart.
End Notes:
Please Review!!!
Chapter 8: Daddy's Day by MichaelManiac
Author's Notes:
This story fits today perfectly!!! I must say I'm not pleased but Please review!!
"Michael, Michael!!" a groggy groan escaped Michael's lips as his dreams were once again being shattered the childish voice of Maddie. She must have inherited her love for morning from Selina because Michael was definately not the morning type.



"Damn it Maddie!! What have I told you about being in my room?!?!" Michael asked rubbing his eyes as he turned to face his daughter. Her baby face held a big smile. "Sorry Michael I'm just so excited!!!!" The young girl beamed, her hands behind her back. "What's there to be excited about?? It's morning." Michael replied dryly.



Maddie's smile grew wider. At that moment she looked almost exactly like Selina. She slowly removed her hands from behind her back and quickly shoved a piece of paper in his face.



"Happy Daddy's Day!!!!!!!" She yelled so loud her voice echoed through out the whole entire house. Michael winced at the loudness of her voice. "Woah, woah back up!! What the hell is Daddy's Day?" He asked studying the piece of paper. Maddie's smile faded. "You've never heard of Daddy's Day?" She asked. "No." Michael replied. "Well it's the day that ever one celebrates their daddies. It's usually sometime in June. Everyones supposed to do something nice for their daddy so I've been told. I never celebrated Daddy's day before though. Not untill today." She replied.



Michael was now suddenly awake. He abruply got out of bed. Something was stiring inside him. A feeling he had never felt before. "Don't you like it??" Maddie asked. Michael looked at the drawing and sighed before pushing Maddie out of the way and slaming the door behind him.


Maddie's doe brown eyes stared at the door that had just been slammed. She felt sad and confused. She was just trying to be nice. She just wanted to do something nice for Michael. She had been waiting all her life to celebrate Daddy's Day ad when it finally came her daddy left her with big brown eyes full of tears.

Meanwhile, Michael sat in the lounge room, thoughts running trough his mind. He just had to get away for a moment. Who was he kidding? He had been trying to play the role of a loving father for the past few days but he didn't think he could fake it any longer. Being a father was not for him.

He didn't have the loving, yet stern spirit fathers were supposed to have. He still acted like a teenager. How could he expect himself to raise a child and still try to mature??

He couldn't do it any longer. He couldn't cheat that sweet little girl anymore. He had cheated her from day one. He was oblivious to the fact of her existance. He wasn't even there to hold her when she was first born. He had never been there for her and the truth was that he didn't want to be a father. He was too young. His career was just taking off. He still had a full life ahead of him. The truth was Maddie deserved better than him.

Daddy's day wasn't meant for him. Daddy's Day was for men who were willing to be father's and most of all father's who had always been in their childern's life. Not one's that waited 8 years to finally meet them.

Michael didn't fit into any of these categories and that's why Daddy's Day just wasn't meant for him.
End Notes:
Please Review!!! And please check out my new stroy "When Push Comes To Shove!!!!!"
Chapter 9: Coward by MichaelManiac
Author's Notes:
I know it's been quite some time but I'm back!!!! This chapter is a lot different from other's because it allows insight into Michael and Selina's relationship. Please enjoy and don't forget to review!!!
January 1974

A cool California breeze blew past Michael as he patted his foot on the hardwood floor board's of his Encino home's front patio. The young boy began to pace backwards and fowards as he anxiously waited on his girlfriend to arrive. Michael desperately needed to speak with her. Little did he know that was the last time he ever would.

It wasn't long before his brown eye caught a glimpse of that familiar baby blue mustang slowly making it's way into the gates of Hayvenhurst. Selina had already received her licence and now had her own car, a step ahead of Michael who was still being driven around. Seeing that baby blue vehicle only caused a tidal wave of nervousness to rise in the teenager's stomach.

"Hi Love!" The beauty shouted from her window as she parked her vehicle in front the Jackson Family home. Michael smiled nervously as he waved to his girlfriend. With a broad grin she jogged up the steps wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's neck and kissed him deeply. Michael enjoyed the kiss very much. He allowed his lips to linger because he knew it would most likely be the last one he would ever receive from her.

Once the couple pulled away Selina bit her lip and grabbed her boyfriend's hands. "So what are we gonna do?" She asked with a slight note of seduction in her voice. Michael smiled nervously. "How about we just talk?" He asked with a shrug."Sure" Selina replied happily as Michael took her hand and guided her to a seat on the patio.

Once they were seated Michael took a moment to stare into his girlfriend's eyes, somehow trying to etch the image of them in his mind. He reached over and lovingly pushed a strand of hair from her face. "How long we been dating?" He asked. Selina smiled. "Oh, about two years." She replied. "Wow" Michael gushed. "We've had so many good times girl. I'd hate for them to end." He said touching her face. "They never will. It's you and me forever Michael." Selina replied. Michael could feel his heart sinking.

"About that, we need to talk." Michael said softly, almost a whisper. "What about it?" She asked incredulously. "I, I um. Um. I'mbreakingupwithyou." He slurred. The beauty raised her eyebrow. "Could you speak up Mike?" Michael swallowed and cleared his throat. He had to muster the courage. Michael grabbed both of her hands and squeezed them tight.

"Selina, I'm breaking up with you." The teenager spoke. The beauty's face dropped into a tight frown. Reality had hit her and she didn't know what to do."Did I hear correctly?? You've gotta be putting me on Michael?!?!?" Selina shouted tears forming in her big brown eyes. "I didn't stutter girl." Michael replied matter of factly. "You prick!!! You Jerk!!!" She spat, violently poking her manicured finger into his chest with each word. Anger and fear rose in Michael's stomach.

"I'm the prick?!?!? I'm the jerk?!?! You're the distraction!!!" Michael shouted. Selina gasped. "You're calling me a distraction?!?! I can't be that much of a distraction when the only thing you've been paying attention to lately was what's in between my legs!!! All the time we spent together!!! All the plans we made and you have the nerve to call me a distraction?!?!?! I'm appalled!" She finished giving Michael a forceful shove. Michael stumbled back in anger.

"You are a distraction!! Ever since we've been involved the J'5 record sells have decreased. I've gotta focus on my work! You're riskin my career!! If I wanna be the biggest and the best I've gotta get rid of things that distract me. That would be you." Michael replied bitterly folding his long arms across his chest. By now tears had fallen freely down Selina's beautiful face. She narrowed her eyes."Joseph put you up to this. Didn't he?" Michael's eyes also narrowed. "Never." He stated firmly although it was indeed true. "You can't fool me Michael! He's the only one who would think of something like that. I can't believe you would agree. You don't even have a mind of your own!!!! He controls you and your career. You're nothing but a coward." Michael could feel his blood boiling with anger.

He grabbed both of her wrist, squeezed them tight and angrily stared into both of her eyes. "Don't you EVER call me that again." Michael firmly. Selina shook her head in disbelief. "You know it's true. I truly love you Michael. I believe so much in us but if you can't stand up to your tyrant of a father and fight for our love than we don't need to be together." She stated bitterly tearing away from his grasp and heading over to her mustang. Seeing her walk away from him just broke his heart

"I'm the coward??? You're the one who always walks away from everything !!!" Michael yelled bitterly. Selina spun around. "No. I only walk away from things that hurt me. Before I forget, This is yours." Selina replied taking a diamond ring off her ring finger. It was a promise ring that Michael had given her. Although it only weighed about an ounce, it felt like it weighed onehundred pounds as it landed in the palm of Michael's hand.

"This is goodbye Michael Jackson. I hope your career thrives." Selina replied sadly as she got in her vehicle. It hurt him hear he call him "Michael Jackson". That's all people saw him as but only she saw him as much more.

"It will!!!! You just wait and see girl!!!! I'm gonna be the best in the world!!" Michael shouted after her as she sped out of the gates of Hayvenhurst. Never to be seen or heard from again.
*******
"If only things had gone differently." Michael thought to himself as he lie awake in bed that night. He hadn't spoken to Maddie all day. He just stayed to himself trying to clear his mind.

Why hadn't Selina told him? Why did he have to wait eight years to meet his daughter? Michael had missed eight years of his daughter's life and she expected him to bond with her?? He could if he wanted to, but he was afraid. Afraid of expressing his emotions afraid of being a father.

Maybe Selina was right. Maybe he was a coward.
End Notes:
Please review!!!
Chapter 10:One Day In Your Life by MichaelManiac
Author's Notes:
Hi guys!!! I know it's been a long time but I finally have something for you all. I've had ideas for my stories lately so expect maybe to see some updates on other stories!! Thanks for reading and please review!!
Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!” Went Michael’s doorbell. Michael groaned as he pulled away from the redhead he was swabbing spit with. Every time he was trying to get in the mood someone was ruining it by ringing the doorbell. Warren hadn’t even buzzed over the intercom to notify him ahead of time. “You stay put while I go get this situated.” Michael commanded as he rose from the couch in route of the door. He unlocked the door and with one swift motion opened it to reveal a group kids standing there with broad smiles.

Michael sighed and rolled his eyes. “Look, If ya’ll are looking for me to buy Girl Scout cookies,” He turned his direction to the boys in the back. “Or boy scout cookies, whatever: I’m not interested.” He declared. The girl in the front of the group giggled; a high-pitched giggle that annoyed Michael. “What the hell is so funny?” Michael snapped. The boys in the back giggled at his use of language. “We don’t want you to buy Girl Scout cookies. We wanna live with you!” Another girl shouted. “And why?” Michael asked. “Cause you’re our Daddy!!” One of the boys exclaimed. Michael’s eyes grew wide.

“Oh no. Not this again! That it not true!! You’re lying!” Michael shouted pointing his finger in their faces. “Nuhuh. We can prove it!” A girl shouted. As if rehearsed the kids all reached in their pockets, retrieving a folded piece of paper and extending it to him. “NO. NO!!! You’re not my kids!!!!!!!!!. Get away from me!!!!! GET AWAY!!! GO!!!” Michael screamed pulling at his hair.

“But Daddy!!!” A girl protested. “It’s Michael and I am not your daddy!!” He screamed. “Well, Michael!!” The girl corrected herself. “Yeah, Michael!!!” A boy shouted. “Michael!” “Michael!” “Michael!” All the children seemed to shout at once. Their voices getting louder and louder; so loud they shattered the windows of his home. Broken glass fell around him.
********
“LEAVE ME ALONE!” Michael shouted as he sat erect in the dark of his bedroom. A bright strike of lightning followed by a loud rumble of thunder filled his bedroom.
“Gee Michael, sorry.” A small trembling voice spoke. Michael reached over his night stand and turned on the lap. His eyes were met with the sight of a frightened, teary eyed Maddie. She stood timidly by his bedside dressed in her Care Bear printed pajamas; her curly hair wild about her head and her teddy bear tucked securely under her arm. Michael sighed running a large hand through his messy, curly hair.

“Maddie. What is it you want?” He asked sharply in a groggy voice. Maddie’s big brown eyes, identical to those of her father’s, stared at the ground. “I’m sorry to bother you Michael. It’s just that, I’m afraid of thunder and lightning and I can’t sleep.” The young girl timidly admitted. Michael raised an eyebrow. “So what are you sayin?” He asked. “I was wondering if, if I could sleep with you?” She asked innocently, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Michael sighed deeply. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt.” He replied with a shrug as he pealed back the sheets. A small smile of gratitude spread across Maddie’s face as she climbed into the large bed. Once she was comfortable Michael pulled back the sheets and turned off the lamp. He turned on his side staring into the dark. Another loud clap of thunder rumbled causing Maddie to dart under the covers.

“It’s just a little thunder. Go to sleep.” Michael commanded. The two lay in silence listening to the rain drops pelting the roof. The silence was short lived when Maddie spoke. “Michael?” She asked into the darkness. “What?” A half-sleep Michael asked. “Are you ready to tell me about you and Mommy? “ She asked. “If you’re not, I understand. Stories help me sleep though.” Michael sighed. There was no need to keep fighting it. Eventually he would have to spill the beans.

“Where do you want me to start?” Michael asked. “At the beginning of course.” She replied. Michael took a deep breath and began. “It met your mother when I was fourteen years old. It was a night after a concert me and my brothers had to do in Los Angeles. She was backstage with a group of her friends. She stood out in those red, knee high boots and matching newsboy cap. I knew she was different from the start. I expected her to be screaming her head off but she didn’t. She talked to me and treated me as if I were an ordinary person. It made me feel special. Like somebody actually liked me for being me and not being Michael Jackson. Before she left that night, I pulled her aside and asked her if she wanted to go out sometime. She said yes. I was so excited I couldn’t contain myself. I stayed up all night just dancing around my room.” Michael finished. Maddie shifted slightly in bed. “Well what happened? Why aren’t you two together anymore? How come I always thought I didn’t have a Daddy?” Maddie questioned. Michael sighed. “It’s a long story kid. You wouldn’t understand it.”

“Oh.” Maddie replied softy followed by a yawn. The two sat in silence for a while. “Michael?” Maddie asked. “Yeah?” He replied groggily. He was dozing off again. “There’s this song my mommy used to play all the time. Sometimes she’d play if for me before I went to bed. She said it was one of yours. It was real soft and pretty. I just can’t remember the name of it.” Maddie declared. Michael thought hard. “Hmm. Was it “Got to Be There?” “ He asked. “No.” Maddie replied. “It started out with the words, one day in your life.” Michael lit up. I know which one you’re talking about. “Can you sing it?” Maddie timidly asked. Michael sighed. “Why not?” He replied as he took a deep breath as he softly began to sing.

“One day in your life. You’ll remember a place. Someone touching your face. You’ll come back and you’ll look around you. One day in your life. You’ll remember the love you found here. You’ll remember me somehow. Though you don’t need me now, I will stay in your heart. And when things fall apart. You’ll remember one day.”

Michael actually choked up as he sang the song. It always reminded him of Selena. He recorded it shortly after they broke up. When he finished recording it he actually left the studio and cried. This is why he never sang it live. He would be inconsolable. He took a deep breath as he wiped a tear that had fallen down his face after he finished singing.

“I’m sorry I ruined Daddy’s Day kid. I’m sorry for it all. I try to do better. I’ll try to be a better father. I’ll try.” He whispered tearfully. Maddie couldn’t hear him. She had already fallen asleep.
End Notes:


Thanks for reading and please review!!!
This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1660