The New Dancer by loyalpyt
Summary: 17 year old Kayla just landed an audition for the This Is It tour. Michael Jackson hand picked her for it too. Once she gets on the tour, Michael becomes protective of her, just like she was a part of his family. Will Kayla enjoy dancing alongside her idol?
Categories: This Is It: 2006-2009, Humor Characters: None
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 687 Read: 1854 Published: Jun 28, 2015 Updated: Jul 03, 2015
Audition by loyalpyt
I was stretching out to get ready for my audition. I was still in shock that Michael Jackson hand picked me out of all of the kids at my dance studio to audition. He claimed I had a 'hidden talent' and that I was not getting a chance to let it show. I was so ready to nail this and get the chance to dance beside him. " I can and I will," I kept telling myself. My number was 22, and that number was my lucky number. Now, was the time to bring it. I nailed the moves and kept practicing. My group was the first group to go on. I saw Michael stare at me the entire time. I thought I did amazing. I watched the other groups. I kept thinking about what would happen if I made it in to the tour. My dad brought me lunch as I waited to know the results of the audition. I had to run back into the theater to get the results. I was filled with so much anxiety. Michael kept smiling at me and I just smiled at him.
Numbers began to be called. " Number 22, please step forward," Michael stated as I stepped forward. My number was the last to be called for my group. I made it! I broke down and cried tears of joy once I found out that I was dancing on the tour. Michael hugged me as I kept crying. " Congratulations, Kayla," he whispered. I was just overwhelmed with emotion. I still couldn't believe it. I went absolutely crazy. Michael was so happy to have me on tour with him. I had to sign so much paperwork, it made my hand numb. I was feeling very tired and weak from all that dancing. Pictures were being taken of all the dancers with Michael. I was so happy that I would be away from the idiots that are in my family and to be with Michael. I got to see his art in person instead of watching it on TV and on YouTube. I was so ready for the long rehearsals and costume fittings. This was going to be one of the best experiences I ever had in my 17 years of life on Earth.
This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=7027