Changing Destiny (Book 1) by Lady1Venus
Summary: Book 1 of the series "Second Time Around"! The Fates work in mysterious ways for Lorna McCall when she comes face to face with the King of Pop. Will this average woman be one for Michael as he prepares for his upcoming concerts in London?
Categories: Romance, Adventure, Hurt/Comfort, Family Characters: None
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: No Word count: 81758 Read: 111006 Published: Dec 19, 2009 Updated: Apr 21, 2010
Story Notes:
Author’s Notes: Hi everyone! Here is a fic idea that I’ve had in my mind since the day MJ was taken from us prematurely. It’s unfair to his family. Well here is my way to remember him by. In my story MJ will survive and live on to see what would come of his life and what sort of life projects the Earth would be involved in. I’m dedicating this story to the King of Pop, himself.

I always had believe he was innocent through all of it and believe he should have been treated better, but we can’t change the pass, only write about it in what it could have been, what it should have been.

For the record this story has many genres, including romance.
Rated: Teen (romance, violence and mild swearing)
Genre: Romance/Family/Adventure/Hurt-Comfort/Angst

From Chapters 8 and on... you'll find errors because I didn't have the chance to reread the chapters again and fix the errors and I'm sure you readers would really love to finish reading this

1. Prologue Part 1 by Lady1Venus

2. Prologue Part 2 by Lady1Venus

3. Chapter 1 - Meeting One Another by Lady1Venus

4. Chapter 2 - Voicing Opinions by Lady1Venus

5. Chapter 3 - Just a Little Longer by Lady1Venus

6. Chapter 4 - Convincing to Stay by Lady1Venus

7. Chapter 5 - Spending Time Together by Lady1Venus

8. Chapter 6 - Birthday Fun by Lady1Venus

9. Chapter 7 - Sleepover by Lady1Venus

10. Chapter 8 - Valentine’s Surprise by Lady1Venus

11. Chapter 9 - Confronting Awkwardness by Lady1Venus

12. Chapter 10 - Emotional Breakdown by Lady1Venus

13. Chapter 11 - Blanket's Birthday by Lady1Venus

14. Chapter 12 - What to do? by Lady1Venus

15. Chapter 13 - Immaturity Leads to Fun by Lady1Venus

16. Chapter 14 - Petals That Blossom by Lady1Venus

17. Chapter 15 - Trip to London by Lady1Venus

18. Chapter 16 - Return From London by Lady1Venus

19. Chapter 17 - Lorna's Family by Lady1Venus

20. Chapter 18 - Trip to Canada by Lady1Venus

Prologue Part 1 by Lady1Venus
Prologue

Dear Diary…

I can’t believe what has happened to me. I know this isn’t my normal type journal entry but I’m not even home right now. In fact I’m not even in the same state where I’m suppose to be. My life has now changed and I can’t believe it. Three weeks ago is when my life changed and I’m still reeling over what has happened. You see I was kidnapped, nothing happened, thank god, but came close to happening, but it didn’t. After a few hours I was kidnapped, I somehow escaped. I ran from my captor and hoofed it as hard as I could. Having no money and no ID, I didn’t know what to do. But I decided to do my best. I was injured, which I still am, but recovering nicely. I was able to mange to hitch a ride with some people and they not know it. I kept on running until I had no choice but to stop as I was deprived of food and water.

My life was saved finally when I collapsed in front of a home at the time I didn’t know I was in front of a home. And now I’m in that home, resting in one of ‘his’ guest rooms. ‘He’ even gave me these sheets of paper to write things down in. From being so exhausted I can’t even speak right now. Of course I also can’t speak because of my injuries. My name is Lorna McCall and I’m from Las Vegas, Nevada. I’m currently residing Los Angles, California, in the rented mansion of the man himself, Michael Jackson. He is nothing like what the media all pegged him out to be.

I’ve never been a major fan of his but I have always respected the man for being a singer and never believed the allegations. Of course he doesn’t know this yet as I haven’t spoken. He’s really nice and has a sweet voice. He has 3 kids, Prince Michael, Paris and Prince Michael the second. But they are just often called Prince, Paris and Blanket. In fact that is their age order too. Blanket is a little boy who was first accused of being nearly dropped when he was an infant and with a blanket on his head, that is how he got his name. His kids are really sweet and cute. They have actually snuck in here a few times and cheered me up.

Perhaps, I should stop what I am doing and explain how exactly I got here and how I ended up in Mr. Jackson’s home.

Well before I do that I should tell a little about myself, in case I never can go back to my home. As I said my name is Lorna McCall from Las Vegas, Nevada. I never worked on the strip, but I did work close there. I was a desk clerk at a hotel the name is unimportant. I was born and raised in Canada until I was sixteen when I was forced to leave everything I knew and loved. My Dad was a traveling businessman and he was given a job opportunity in Las Vegas and he did not pass it up. I wish to one day return back to my roots. My Mom and Dad were loving parents, but three years ago my Mom lost her life with a long fight with lung cancer and she never smoked. My Dad is also gone, which I do miss him too. He died three years after moving to Vegas. I hate Vegas, but I’ve never had the money to move.

I am 35 years of age and spouseless. I have three brothers who nearly don’t care about me. Well it seems that way anyway. My brothers all live in Canada, as they didn’t have to leave there. They were living on their own when I was forced to leave Canada. Which makes me the youngest of four. Since we moved to Nevada, my parents lost sight of their sons. I didn’t even see them at the funerals for either parent.

I am average height of about 5’4” and I’m not thin, but I’m also not plumpy either. I’m about a size 8, though right now, I don’t think I am from lack of food. My skin is a fair peach color and hair is a soft golden brown that falls down my back in straight waves to the middle of my back. My eyes are green and some freckles on my nose. I’ve never considered myself pretty as I do have a deep pours problem so I have acne scars all over my face.

I was never a complete smart person as I graduated with a ‘B’ grade, but where I lack in many high school classes I strengthen in other talents. I do love the computer and I love to cook. I taught myself how to roam the computer and cook. I love making some weird but very good concoctions. At least that is what my friends like to call my cooking. I miss my friends. I hope I can contact them soon. I’m sure they are really worried for me. I am a very lucky case and one that won’t become a cold case. Well at least the moment I can speak and ask for a phone to call my friends. Other than my friends I have nothing for me in Las Vegas. I don’t even have a lover. I’ve been too ‘ugly’ to have one. Well I can’t really completely say that as I’ve had some boyfriends but within a few weeks of taking the next step of the relationship, they have left me high and dry. I have been used so many times, I feel like an idiot.

There was only one boyfriend who loved me for who I was, but I had to leave him…He was a sweet guy and gentle and he was patient with me. Funny part was I was 16 and he was 18 and he was patient. But shortly after we decided to take the next level, I was forced to leave him. For a couple years he wrote each other, but later on the letters stopped until one day I got a letter saying he found another and he was soon to marry her. I cried a long time from that. I knew that was bound to happen but I had hoped it wouldn’t. But he was still nice and did let me know.

Oh crap! I just wrote quite a bit on about myself…probably most is not needed oh well dim the breaks. Though I am wondering how much longer I will be bed grounded. The room I’m in is pretty big with a fireplace, which currently is lit right now and very soothing. Perhaps I should get back to what I was doing before…oh yes where I am and why….

Please don’t hate me for what I’m about to say, but here is my story…
End Notes:
Quick notes: here is the prologue. The next chapter is probably like a prologue part 2, as it will explain how the story of how she got to where she is. The ‘third’ chapter will be where the official story starts. Many events, places, names will be fictional.
Prologue Part 2 by Lady1Venus
Prologue Part 2

Getting off work was her favorite time of day. Lorna McCall was your ordinary woman with a job to live by. She only lived in a small bachelor apartment, which she always kept herself quite secured in. Her home was simple. No TV but had a two-year-old computer with the Internet. The rest of her furniture consisted of a small bed and nightstand in one corner. A small desk with her computer and printer was in another corner. The kitchen was separate from the main area, separated with a wall and a small bathroom. The kitchen didn't wasn't even big enough for a table, but was large enough for some cupboards, apartment size stove and fridge. Now that her workday was over, she was grateful. She would soon have enough money to forever leave the city and go back to her roots of Canada, in the Province of Ontario.

Lorna's current living residence was in the city of Las Vegas, the city that never slept. When she was 16 years of age her family moved to Las Vegas because of her father’s job, but three years after moving to the city, he mysteriously died. Lorna always felt foul play was involved but nothing could prove it. Three years ago, her mother was taken from her from cancer. Now she was alone. She was a hermit, more or less.

She hated the city she lived in and hated her job. She hated the people around her and feared for her life everyday. But she did have to live. She didn’t really have many friends and the friends she did have were not always that nice to her. Sometimes they would totally understood her life and other times not. She was a desk clerk at a hotel and she lived across the street from it, so it made her life a little easier and she only worked during the day.

As the supper rush started, Lorna had started to make her way across the street to her apartment. As she approached the building, she felt something was out of place. Her feelings were confirmed when suddenly a hand came out from nowhere and covered her mouth. Another arm was wrapped around her waist, preventing her from escaping. She tried to struggle but there was no use the person had her secured. The purse she had, dropped to the ground and there was not one single person on the street. She was thrown into a van, which caused her to be knocked out.

The next thing she knew, Lorna could feel she was bound and gagged and even blindfolded. She could still feel her clothing on her so she knew who ever took hadn’t done anything to her yet, but she was sure they were going to. She wanted to scream but she was taught at a young age to not panic. Take in the surroundings and listen. Go with the flow and when the time was right, escape. Lorna forced herself to stay calm and listen. She wanted her captors to think she was still unconscious.

“Why the hell did you grab her?!” a female voice snapped.

“She’s part of the plan,” a male voice answered gruffly. “She’ll make all our dreams come true. I promise.”

“Why can’t we have a little fun?” another male voice said. This voice was less gruff but still sounded creepy.

“You will not touch her!” the female growled. “That is not what she’s here for, you got that.”

“What plan?” another voice, female but younger asked.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out,” he gruff male answered. “Now shut up and keep your pretty little head watching her. You are to tell me when she’s awake.”

Lorna realized then that they did not know she was awake. She could feel herself lying sideways; legs bent hands behind her back, against a wall. The floor beneath her felt very hard and uncomfortable. She could feel a slight chill going through her body, which indicated that she was lying on cement. She must have been in a basement of sort.

As she listened to the two men and two women speak, she was able to learn that it was still the same day they grabbed her and that only about two hours went by since nabbing her. But what was the plan the first spoke ok? As the time passed on, the women decided to leave.

Lorna was suddenly kicked in the ribs, which was to force her to wake. The bonds on her legs were cut, which meant she knew what was about to happen but she wasn’t going to let it happen. She had to think fast to get away. The other man must have took off with the women, as the man was now gripping her shoulders.

Though in pain, Lorna realized an opening and she took it. She pushed up and rammed both feet into the man’s legs. He slammed into the floor with a scream of pain. Lorna had to act fast. She scrambled to her feet and with the adrenalin rush, pumping through her vains, she was able to snap her bindings on her wrists. She was now able to remove her gag and blindfold. Her ribs and wrists were burning hot pain but she didn’t care. She had to get out of there before the man was able to recover.

Lorna was now able to see where she was. She was in a basement with no windows. She ran from her position as fast as possible and soon found herself running up a set up stairs. A door was at the very top. She pulled at the door to find it opened easy enough for her. Just as she got the door opened, her would be attacker was making his way up the stairs and was almost in hands reach.

She gave a quick round kick into his gut. She could see he was a big man. A normal kick like that would not have fazed him, but where he was still on the stairs, it was enough for him to lose his footing and fall back down. That gave Lorna the time she needed to run out and into the street. The building she was in had a basement exit to the street. It was now dark and from her calculation before the man tried to attack her, she guessed it was nearing on ten at night.

She ran as fast as she could down a street. She didn’t stop, though her ribs were hurting as was her wrists. She was sure she was bleeding. But she couldn't stop to look.

As she ran she came across a Truck coming towards her. The Truck stopped and the driver got out to run into a liquor store. Lorna jumped into the box of the truck and ducked as much as possible. She was hoping the driver nor the attacker would find her.

Several minutes went by when the driver got back into the truck drove away. The air was cold as the vehicle drove, but Lorna didn’t care. All she cared about was getting away.

The next time the Truck stopped. The driver looked in his box to see a woman. He yelled at her and Lorna quickly sprinted off, not paying attention where she was. Before she knew it she was jumping from into a transport truck full of boxes. It was slightly warmer from what she was feeling all night. She had no idea how long the truck had been driving but when the truck stopped and opened it’s doors, it was in a loading bay of a super market.

“What the hell!” he snapped as a woman jumped out from behind a crate. The woman ran past him and didn’t stop. “Get back here bitch!” he yelled.

Lorna heard the man yelling at her and she became scared again and ran as fast as she could. She had no idea where she was. She knew she wasn’t in Las Vegas anymore. Lorna was now hungry and tired, but she didn’t stop. For two days straight Lorna kept running, startling truck drivers, which would chase after her.

Finally she stopped running. She was now cold, hungry, soar and tired. She didn’t think she was going to be able to move anymore. It was nearing on nightfall and she had no idea where she was. Tears sprang from her eyes, as her breathing was very rigged. Where was she?

She could hear young voices coming from the side of her, but she didn’t pay attention as she was trying to keep herself standing. She heard another voice suddenly.

“What is it children?” a soft voice asked.

Hearing the voice caused Lorna to waver and her body suddenly slammed to a halt. She couldn't tell if the voice was male or female. With blurry eyes, she could see she was in front of a gate and trees surrounded around it. As she looked, her knees gave out and she suddenly went to her knees.

With another blink and she was on her hands and knees, trying to force herself to stay conscious. She could faintly her a slight sound but didn’t know what it was.

“Quickly get others,” the soft voice rushed.

Lorna felt her world begin to fade into darkness but not before she felt herself begin to fall forward but stopped.

“I got you.”

Lorna tried to speak but as her mouth moved to say ‘help me’ no sound came out.

Either the person holding her saw what her mouth was trying to say or the person knew what she wanted. Whatever the reason was, Lorna heard the soft voice say as the darkness full took her.

“You’re safe now, I promise.”
Chapter 1 - Meeting One Another by Lady1Venus
Author's Notes:
Michael Jackson, Paris, Blanket and Prince are the real deal. There will also be appearances of other real people and celebrities. Most people will be fictional though, including the doctor. I will not use Dr. Murray, for how that fateful day will go will be nothing like what happened, considering he will live. Remember everyone this is basically pure fictional other than the Jackson family, I may or may not have all characteristics right.
Chapter 1
Meeting One Another

Softness was the first thing her senses grasped onto. The softness gave her a friendly and welcoming feeling. Softness? She didn’t own soft blankets. She tried to force her eyes to open and as she did so, more of her senses came to life. She could sense she was in a room, bedroom at that and there was a window off to her left, letting in a warm breeze and sunlight.

Within moments she finally was able to open her eyes. It took a few seconds for the eyes to adjust to the light. Once adjusted, she was lying in a double size bed with beautiful looking blankets around her. The room was painted in hues of of soft blues and greens. Even the drapes on the windows and bedding matched the colors of the room. At the foot of the bed was a fireplace.

“You’re awake,” a voice said.

Lorna was about to look more at the room until a voice from her right side interrupted her. She nearly cringed as she turned considering her muscles were nearly beyond bearable tolerance for pain. She could see a woman looking at her. The woman wasn’t small but she was tall. She had a dark complexion. Her features did not appear African American. Perhaps she was part Indian or some other dark complexion group of people. The woman’s hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail and she looked close to middle age.

“Welcome back,” the woman said. “You had Mr. Jackson very worried a couple times. You had a high fever and deprived of food and water.”

Lorna did her best to give an odd look of ‘Mr. Jackson’. What was this woman talking about? Lorna went to open her mouth to speak but no sound came out as she tried to speak.

The woman must have noticed this as she gave a look of concern. “Oh dear. Mr. Jackson may not like this. You can not speak.”

“How is she?” a soft, but yet gentle voice asked.

Lorna looked up and suddenly her eyes widened in shock. Standing before her at the foot of the bed was a man she never thought she would ever meet in her life. He looked regal in his black clothes, shoulder length black hair and pale skin. But she would not, could not mistaken his looks from TV. Though his looks was nothing compared to what the tabloids gave him. She knew he was slightly tall, but seeing him in the flesh, didn’t do justice.

Standing before her, was the King of Pop. Michael Jackson.

He looked at her and he knew right away she knew who he was. He wondered if she would suddenly start spouting off what the tabloids were always calling him, which sickened him to no end. He hated it. What he hated even more was what had happened to him in the last four years.

“Mr. Jackson,” the woman said. “She just woke a few minutes ago and I’m afraid I don’t think she can speak. Either something happened to her or perhaps lack of food and drink has caused it.”

“Can’t speak?” he inquired, eyes not leaving hers. He walked closer to bed. For the moment, he knew she wasn’t a danger to him considering what she looked like when she showed up in front of his home. Her clothes were very dirty and messed up. Her wrists had been recently bound up and were bruised over with dried blood, which meant she had cuts. Her hair had been full of tangles and she looked dehydrated.

As he looked at her now, he could see her hair was pretty golden brown and it was long. To be safe, he stopped. Far enough away from the bed so she couldn’t grab him but close enough to let her know he was being sincere.

“This may sound strange and I only need a nod or a shake. But do you normally speak?” he knew the question was a little awkward but he needed to know.

Lorna blinked, realizing he was actually talking to her. She gave him a nod. Some of her co-workers would die to meet the man who stood before her and here she was, seeing him like no fan has ever saw him.

“Mr. Jackson, she needs her rest. It has been a week and she hasn’t eat anything.”

Lorna’s eyes widened again but this time from what the woman said. A week? What more was going to happen? First she was kidnapped and then ran away to wind up on Los Angles and now learn she had been resting in the home of the Pop King for a few days.

A young man suddenly came into the room. He quickly apologized for interrupting but he figured it was important. “You guys got to see this.” He went over above the fireplace and turned on the LCD TV that was mounted on the wall. The TV turned on to a news report.

“It has been a week,” a news woman reported. “And there is no sign of this missing person.” A picture came up on the screen of Lorna. “She is known as Lorna McCall and she was last seen leaving her place of work at four o’clock PM on the evening of last Wednesday. She is five feet and four inches tall with long golden brown hair. She was last wearing navy blue slacks and white blouse with a navy blue blazer over top. If anyone has information they are to urgently call the Las Vegas Help Line. Again her name is Lorna McCall and she is 35 years of age.”

Lorna began to cry. Someone had reported her missing. But who? It would had to have been someone from work as she they were really the only people she communicated with. They were her friends but she was sure a few were only her friends for the hell of it, but she was sure they would be worried for her.

Michael turned from the TV to the woman in his guest bed. Sure enough the picture and the woman were one and the same. Well at least some answers just have gotten answered. He know knew where she was from and her name.

“Debbie,” he said. “Please call the Las Vegas Help Line and inform them that we have Ms. McCall and that she is safe.”

“Yes, Mr. Jackson,” Debbie answered. Debbie was the woman who was on the other side of the bed, beside Lorna.

“But do not let them know that it’s me who has her. I do not need another media circus on my case again,” the soft voiced continued. “And please inform them of her condition. Who ever has reported her missing, they will be revealed to know she's alive.”

Debbie turned and left the room to do what was asked of her.

Michael turned back to Lorna. “Sound's like you’re a very lucky woman. I would say you ran away from a kidnapping.”

Lorna slowly nodded as tears continued to fall. She did not want to cry in front of him, but he was human too with emotions. He knew what it was like to be hurt and to be relieved.

Michael pulled out a box of tissues from the nightstand, beside the bed. He bent closer to her and soon tabbed at her eyes. “It’s ok,” he said. “You’re safe now. You just rest for now.”

He turned away from after he dabbed her eyes. “Billy, can you please put on some soothing music for her so she may rest. Some people do like soothing music to relax them.”

Billy, who was the one who ran in the room, nodded and switched the station to an instrumental music station. Billy then left the room. Michael was the last to leave the room and he could see the music-started lure Lorna into a sleep.

Lorna felt very safe and comfortable as the music soothed her, which she didn’t really want to fight. She knew Michael wouldn’t hurt her. The news reports were only of him hurting children, which she did not believe. So what that he had a love for children. There was nothing wrong with that. Lorna remembered when she was kid, there was a woman who hung around her a lot and even played games with her. But that didn’t mean anything. She didn’t touch touch children in any way shape or form.

Short time later, Debbie woke her up to feed her some hot soup. The soup tasted real good, and it was something Lorna wasn't fond of. But being deprived of food, one will eat anything. After the soup was gone, Lorna soon drifted back off again.

The next time Lorna woke up there were three children standing in front of her. One looked around 7 while the other two looked close in age. Lorna presumed it was his children and they were beautiful. She finally got to see them without veils or masks over their heads. For a short bit the three were in her room. She figured they were curious as to why she was there. They left the room shortly after she woke. They went and visited her again two more times, each time, Lorna knew they weren't suppose to be there but she found no harm in the matter.

On their third visit, Lorna smiled at them. They were such charming children. Shy, quiet and very curious. She couldn’t blame them. Children would be children. Shortly after they left, Debbie came back in with some paper for her to write things down. Two weeks had now gone by since Lorna first woke up. So all together three weeks had gone by since she was kidnapped.

When Debbie had contacted Las Vegas and a new report was placed on TV stating that Lorna was found and she was resting comfortably in Los Angles, California. Not much more information was given out, Lorna was grateful for that. She was scared her kidnappers would come after her again.

When Debbie left, Lorna sat up, which took a few moments as her muscles were tight from lack of use. She took the paper that was handed to her and decided to write down what had happened to her. When she was finishing up on writing a journal entry, there was a knock at the door.

To her surprise ‘he’ walked in. It was the first time she saw him since waking up in his home. She did wonder why he didn’t see her, but she was sure he had his reasons. For all he knew, she could have been one of those media believers and she was going to have to correct him on that as quick as possible.

He smiled at her as he walked in. He knew he shouldn’t have avoided her, but he was busy on trying to make sure the Las Vegas authorities knew Lorna was all right. He didn’t want them to know she was there with him. He had no idea how much of the American citizens actually still had loyalty to him. He knew many people here in Los Angles still did, but he did not know the extense of that loyalty outside the city.

“Good afternoon,” he replied. “I hope you have been comfortable.”

Lorna opened her mouth to speak. “I am, thank you,” she whispered.

He barely heard her, but watching her lips move, he knew what she was saying. “Good, your voice is returning. I am glad.”

Lorna took a deep breath and tried again. “Mr. Jackson,” she said a little more loudly than a whisper but it was very soft and quiet; almost a whisper.

He walked closer to the bed and grabbed a chair and sat down beside the bed. “Yes?” he answered.

Lorna was getting through, she was glad. “Thank you for everything,” she said, barely above a whisper.

Michael gave a soft smile to her. “You are welcome. Seeing you outside my home, I was really worried for you. It was a good thing my children were playing nearby the gate.”

Lorna nodded. So that was how she ended up here at the mansion. She had collapsed right in front of his home and the kids saw her. Now that she could see him, she was going to reassure him with every fiber in her body, that she was on his side. “You are innocent,” she tried to get out a little louder.

Michael blinked at her. Did he just hear correctly?

Tears sprang to Lorna’s eyes. She wasn’t going to be able to speak yet. Those thugs must have did more to her than bound her wrists and kicked her ribs, which were healing quite nicely since she’d been doing a lot of resting. She looked down at the papers that were still in her hand. She pulled up a fresh piece of paper and wrote down what was completely on her mind and then handed the paper to Michael.

Michael nodded and read aloud. “I so wish to speak more, but it slightly hurts,” he read. “I don’t believe the lies. You are an honorable man with feelings. I had cried for joy knowing your trial was thrown out.”

As Michael read, he felt his heart swell with joy. She did not believe the media. She had faith in him and therefore, he knew he could have faith in her.

He lifted his eyes to look at her. “Thank you, Lorna,” he said with a bright smile. “This means a lot. I will be honest with you I have been wondering if you believed me or not. But that is not the reason why I was avoiding you. I have been trying to keep the media circus down so they wouldn’t know you are here.”

Lorna nodded her understanding. She so wanted to speak with him. Having him in front of her was something that many people would dream of. Though she wasn’t really a big fan of him, she did wish she could have met him and now even her dream has come true.

“I hope your voice returns soon, there is much we need to discuss,” he continued.

“Me too,” she whispered. “This is driving me nuts.”

“Would you like something hot to drink? I’ve heard that hot liquid can help the throat.”

“Please,” she whispered. “Green tea…if you have it.”

Michael smiled again. “Of course I do.” He stood up from the chair and walked out.

As Michael left the room, he was confronted by his three children. He smiled at them. “She’s healing,” he said.

“That’s good,” Paris said.

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “How long will she stay with us?”

“I do not have an answer for you,” Michael answered. “She still can not speak very well but she is starting to come around.”

“Daddy,” Prince said. “Can we see her?”

Michael smiled. “Of course you can. Remember though she is resting and her name is Lorna.”

The three kids smiled. Paris stepped up the door as Michael walked down towards the stairwell that would take him to the kitchen. Paris lightly knocked before slowly entering.

“Ms Lorna,” she called as she poked her head around the door. “Would you mind for some company?”

Lorna looked to the door to see the only Jackson daughter looking at her. Lorna smiled and nodded. Paris smiled back and opened the door wider for her and her brothers to enter.

-

In the kitchen, Debbie was making herself some coffee and was getting ready to prepare her boss’ afternoon coffee. She was suddenly startled as her boss walked into the room.

“Mr. Jackson, I wasn’t expecting you.”

“Do not worry,” he said. “I just came down to ask you if you could make some Green Tea for Ms. McCall. Her voice is beginning to return.”

Debbie smiled as she walked over to the other side of the kitchen and pulled out the tea box. “And hot liquids are good for the throat."

“That they are,” Michael agreed. “The children are in visiting her right now.”

“Perhaps, I’ll take some milk and cookies for them.”

Michael smiled. Since moving to the mansion that he was renting, he had loved the staff that worked there. Debbie was a sweat lady who also had a family of her own. But her kids were all grown up and were living on their own. She was a single mother of two and had been since her youngest was three years old. Her older one was only five at the time.

Billy was another good employee of the mansion. Billy was often telling Michael the current events. Since the trial, Michael barely did much of anything when it came to watching TV and reading. He hated to read what any of the latest gossip that was going around and Billy was basically the informant of that. He would let Michael know what is interesting to see and what was not. And it was something Michael did not ask Billy to do; it was just something the young man wanted to do on his own time. Besides being the part time gardener. Billy was only 22 years of age and the man was dedicated to his job.

“I think they would like that,” Michael finally said as Debbie handed him his coffee. Michael thanked the woman before turning to leave. “I will be in the den.”

“You still making your plans for next year?” Debbie ventured.

“Yes,” Michael answered. “I would like to see if I can untaint my name. And to do that is by this concert I am working on setting up. If I am successful with these possible concerts, I may go back to recording new music.”

“I think that would be nice,” Debbie agreed. “I have always loved your music since you released Thriller.”

“Yes,” Michael stopped for a moment. “Thriller was my top number one song and it was what made me famous so fast.”

“No offense,” Debbie said. “But it would not surprise me if your rise to fame so fast is what started the disgusting rumors.”

Michael snorted. “That has crossed my mind once or twice. Excuse me.”

Debbie was soon left by herself to finish making the tea for Lorna. As she waited for the water to boil, she poured three glasses of milk and pulled out a plate and placed some oatmeal cookies on it. Once the tea was ready, she placed the tea on the trap with the milk and cookies and made her way to Lorna’s room.

As she entered the room, she could hear Paris speak about something that she once did that had made her father laugh like there was no tomorrow. Lorna had a smile and was softly giggling at Paris’ story.

“I have a treat,” Debbie said as she was in the room.

The three kids turned to the woman.

“Milk and cookies!” Blanket said happily.

“How did you know?” Paris asked.

“Your father,” the woman answered. She set the tray down on a table on the other side of the bed. Seeing as Lorna was sitting up in bed, she handed the injured woman her tea.

“Mr. Jackson said you requested Green Tea,” Debbie smiled.

“Where is Daddy,” Blanket asked.

“He’s in the den working on his latest project.”

Debbie soon left the room, leaving the three kids to entertain the injured woman.
Chapter 2 - Voicing Opinions by Lady1Venus
Chapter 2
Voicing Opinions

As the days began to pass by, Lorna’s voice was slowly returning and she was now getting up out of bed and walking around. When her voice finally fully returned, Lorna couldn’t help but feel excited. The ache in her ribs was nearly gone and her wrists were no longer showing signs of purple marks. There was no only a dull yellowish tinge to her skin with small scab that was healing nicely as well.

With her now well enough, Lorna decided to take a walk around the mansion to build her strength back up. Michael had told her a few days prior that she could go where she would like when she was feeling up to walking. There was always staff around to help her if she got lost.

As Lorna looked around, she was able to see paintings of Michael in his youth, including pictures and paintings before his skin disease happened. She could never really say what the technical term was, but she did understand what happened to his skin from turning chocolate to a pale white.

Before long Lorna came upon a closed door. She quietly opened it not knowing what to expect and to her surprise, she came across a nice size room that had books and a desk. Sitting on the other side of the desk was the man himself.

Michael looked up as he noted the door open. He knew the kids wouldn’t disturb him when he was in deep concentration like this so he wondered who it was. His wondering was quickly answered as the person behind the door was revealed.

“Lorna,” he called as he set his papers he was reading, down on the desk.

Lorna gasped. She did not mean to intrude. The desk had an elegant look to it but that wasn’t what drew her attention. It was what was on top of it. There was a jar of pens and pencils on one side with some folders beside it. The other side had a phone that looked to have somewhat of a switchboard. She assumed it was to be able to call anywhere in the mansion as she noticed many rooms had a phone. What got her attention most was no computer. She guessed the room was his private den and since there was no computer, he probably wasn’t a computer hog.

“I’m sorry to intrude,” she said in a light feminine tone.

Michael smiled. She could now speak and her voice was lovely. “You are not intruding, please come in and sit.”

Lorna nodded and did as suggested.

“So what brings you here?”

“I was just looking around the place. I didn’t realize this was your den. Again, I’m sorry.”

“No need to apologize,” he said. “You look well.”

“No thanks to your hospitality and medical care,” Lorna answered. “I was wondering if you would mind if I used your phone to call the ones who are worried for me so I can tell them I’m ok. I know you have been doing it but it’s not the same when coming from someone else.”

Michael nodded and hand gestured to his phone. “Go right ahead, but please do not tell them where you are staying.”

“I wouldn’t dream of that. You are too nice to me to alert the media.” Lorna stood and walked to his phone and dialed the number to her work place. It took her several moments for her to get through the automated message service to speak to the manager.

“Hi,” she said finally after getting through.

“Lorna! Is that you?” the manager said.

“Yes, sir. It’s me.”

“Where the hell are you?”

“I’m staying with a friend in Los Angles,” she answered as she looked at Michael. “I have so much to tell. I was kidnapped when I got off work and a few hours later I was able to escape.”

“How did you wind up in California?” he asked.

“I kept running and running from my kidnapper who was about to rape me. I was running so much; I didn’t know where I was going. And before I knew it I was here in Los Angles and didn’t even realize it.”

“And you are safe now?” he asked in a rush.

“Yes. I would have called sooner but the injures I sustained while trying to escape, prevented me. For some stupid reason I had lost my voice. And only officially got it back today.”

“When will you be home?”

“I don’t know. First I will need the money.”

During the whole conversation, Michael was doing his best not to listen. He was taught at a young age not to listen in on phone calls. But his attention was drawn to the conversation the moment he heard her speak ‘money’.

“I’m glad you’re safe. But I need you here and now. If you do not return I will have no choice but to replace you.”

“What!” Lorna snapped, causing Michael to slightly jump in startlement at her outburst. “Are you telling me that all this time, you’ve been worried about me and now that you know I am safe, you want me back home immediately or I’m fired!”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying,” he said. “It’s business.”

“Business my ass! You no good for nothing of a boss. Go ahead fire me for all I care! I hate working for you anyway. See if I care. I nearly could have been killed and all you care about is your damn stupid business.”

“Now you listen here young lady!” he demanded.

“No! You listen,” she nearly yelled, getting Michael’s full attention. “You want to fire me go right ahead you stupid pumpis. I don’t need this BS.”

“Lorna, you’re driving my patience,” he warned.

“Screw You!” She slammed the phone down and walked away as tears began to well up in her eyes.

Michael was stunned at what she just happened over the phone. He had heard of people yelling and saying such vulgar words while on the phone, but he never really witnessed them doing it. Though he remembered when his ex-wife gave birth to his kids, she was throwing out every colorful word under the sun like there was no tomorrow. He stood up and walked over to her.

“Are you alright?” he asked in his soft, sweet voice.

Hot tears were tracking on her cheeks as she realized she was not in the room alone. “I don’t know,” she admitted. “The only person who really cared about me now demands for me to return home, with no regard what could have happened to me. It’s back to business as usual.”

Michael didn’t know what to say or do so he did the first thing that came natural for him. He rested a hand on her shoulder and gently turned her around. “It’s ok to cry,” he said softly.

She looked at him with a blurry vision before she suddenly pushed herself forward and cried in his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and allowed her to cry. He didn’t care at that moment that his navy blue silk shirt was getting wet. All he cared about was the fact that she was emotionally hurting and he really didn’t know what the full story was behind that.

When her tears were spent, she took a step back and rubbed her eyes. “I’m sorry,” she said sadly. “Mr. Jackson.”

“Please, you have nothing to be sorry for,” he answered. “And please call me Michael. ‘Mr. Jackson’ is just so formal and we are way beyond that.”

Lorna nodded. “If you please excuse me, I have some things to think about.” She turned away from him before he could give the chance to let her and she was out of his office in a hurry. He felt sorry for her, but there was nothing he could really do. He probably figured there was, but there was nothing he could do at that moment. He had to wait until she would say something. Though he was concerned for her, he couldn’t do anything for her. He walked back to his desk to try and focus on what he was doing before.

When Michael realized he could not focus on his task, he quickly called for Debbie. Minutes later she walked in. She was wondering what he wanted.

“Debbie, can you please keep on the look out for Lorna.”

“Is there a problem?” she asked.

“I’m not sure,” he admitted. “I just allowed her to call her family and she was speaking to her boss. She got pretty upset on the phone and I just wanted to make sure she’s all right. But I feel I may have frighten her.”

Debbie nodded. “I’ll keep a look out for her. Will you be eating dinner with the children this evening?”

Michael sighed. “Yes, I would very much like to dine with my children tonight. I don’t often dine with them and I should.”

Debbie nodded again and walked out of the room to prepare dinner. She knew it was still a bit early yet, but sometimes preparing a meal can take a long time and she wanted to prepare a nice meal since Mr. Jackson was going to dine with them.

-

Michael was beginning to get worried for Lorna as she had gone quiet since her argument with her boss. She didn’t even want to visit with his kids either and that was beginning to bother them as well. They thought she was a nice a woman. Michael had an idea what was on her mind and he was going to need for her to open up. It had been a month since she had phoned her boss. And since that time, she began to get distant from everyone. She was eating, which was good. He didn’t like seeing people not eat.

One evening, after the children went to bed, Michael decided to check in on Lorna. He knocked at her door and waited until she opened the door.

“Mr. …Michael,” he said a little surprised to see him. “What brings you here at this time of night?”

“I was hoping I could speak with you,” he said. “May I come in?”

Lorna nodded and walked away from the door. Michael walked in and lightly closed the door. “Lorna, I was wondering if there is something wrong. You have been very quiet for the past month.”

“I’m sorry,” she said as she sat on the bed. “I have been busy thinking of what to do with my life now, now that I do not have a job. Unlike you, you have money at your disposal. Maybe not as much as you once had, but a lot more than me.”

“And have you come to a decision?” he asked.

“Yes, I have. With my last check deposited in the back account. I now have enough money to return back home.”

“Return home? I thought you lost your job. Not that I was listening that day but it was sort of hard to not listen.”

“I know.” Lorna felt a blush lightly tinge her cheeks. She had remembered yelling into the phone in front of the King of Pop. In the near two months that she’s known him, she never once heard him raise his voice. He had much patience, more than what she had, that was for sure.

“I’m not originally American,” she admitted. “I am Canadian. I come from Ontario in a small town. When I was sixteen, I was forced to move to Vegas and I’ve hated living there ever since. I have always wanted to move back home.”

“And you hadn’t had the money to do so,” Michael concluded.

“That is until now,” she said. “I have already called my bank in Vegas and informed them of what has happened. They have agreed to allow a bank branch here to re issue me a new bankcard. I had cancelled all my credit cards and have new issues redone. I’ll be picking them up at the branches that are from.”

“So you are leaving?” he asked.

Lorna nodded. “It’s not right of me to stay here in this wonderful house. You are a very nice person and I have more respect for you than I already had.”

Michael cocked his head a little. “I’m not sure I know what you mean.”

Lorna loved that soft voice of his. It was so soft and sweet. He was such a gentleman. “I’m going to be honest. I have liked some of your music, but I never really been a big fan of your music. Yes, I liked your ‘Thriller’ and ‘Bad’ albums and the odd the song from your ‘Dangerous’ album.”

“Well not everyone is a fan and that was even before the allegations,” Michael said in understanding.

“But you are a kind and a very understanding man. You are gentle and you love those kids of yours very dearly.”

Michael smiled. “Yes, I do.”

“And I am so glad I have finally got to meet the man who made the Moonwalk famous. I love that move.”

“It takes practice. So when do you plan on leaving?” he asked.

“Perhaps in another couple days,” Lorna said a little sadly, which Michael took note. “I will miss you,” she admitted.

“I will as well,” he said gently. “You are nice enough to be like a friend.”

“Thank you. You are as well.”

Michael nodded. “Well I better be off to my room. I will let my children know in the morning.” He started to turn around.

“Michael,” she started, causing him to stop and turn. “I was wondering why doesn’t their mother have anything to do with them.”

“Paris and Prince’s mother doesn’t want anything to do with the media and Blanket’s, well she…” he trailed off. “Let’s just say there's was an arrangement. Please, leave it at that.”

Lorna wanted to know what he meant by Blanket’s mother, but she had enough respect for his wishes not to press the matter further. There needs to be things in an entertainer’s life that would need remain quiet.

“Well have a good night Michael,” Lorna called as he turned back around.

“Have a good night,” Michael answered back.

-

The next morning, Lorna went down stairs for breakfast where she saw three sad looking faces and Michael all sitting at the breakfast table. It wasn’t often he sat with his children, but this time he did. The breakfast was quiet as everyone ate their specific meals. Michael had a low diet so he could keep his weight down for his dancing. Though his kids on the other hand, he wanted them to have a more range of food. Lorna ate what the kids were eating.

Once breakfast was over, Michael gave each of his kids a light kiss on the forehead and told them to have a good day while he went off towards his den to continue on working on his plans for his concerts he was planning on doing in Europe. He was going to call it the ‘This is It’.

Once he was out of the room, Lorna stood. “Now what is with the long faces?”

Prince looked at the woman. “We don’t want you to leave,” he said.

Paris stood up and ran over to her, hugging her tightly. “Please don’t go,” she nearly cried in the woman’s shirt, which was fairly new since Michael did give Lorna some money to go shopping for some clothes. Lorna was able to buy a whole new wardrobe and then some with his money as she was used to buying clothes at bargain price.

Lorna hugged Paris back. “I’m sorry,” she said. “But I really don’t belong here.”

“Don’t go,” Blanket said from his seat. “You’re too nice.”

Lorna breathed. “Ok. How is this for a deal then? I promise I will stay for another week and play with you guys. Once I go home, I’ll promise to write to you guys and even call. Will that make you feel better?”

Paris looked up. “You promise?”

“Scouts honor,” she grinned, giving the peace sign.

“Excuse me?” Paris said.

“It’s an expression,” Lorna said. “You see there are groups of kids who go out into the world and learn to how to survive, with adult supervision that is. There are Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts.”

“Were you ever in these scouts?” Prince asked.

“Unfortunately, no. My parents weren’t making enough money for me to go.”

“We’re not aloud to do things with many other kids, but we there are some kids we can play with,” Paris said.

“Do you guys understand why?” Lorna asked as Paris let her go.

“Daddy says it’s because of the media,” Blanket said.

“You’re right Blanket,” Lorna answered. “You were too young to know this but your Daddy had a lot of hard times the last few years.”

“We know,” Blanket answered. “Daddy keeps saying they are not true.”

“It makes me sad to think people will hurt Daddy like that,” Paris said. “He’s a good man and good with us.”

“I know he is,” Lorna smiled. “How about we go outside and play?”

“Ok,” Prince said.

Lorna walked over to Blanket. “Is that ok with you?” She held out her hand for Blanket to take.

The small boy smiled and took her hand, getting out of his chair. Paris came up to her Lorna’s other side and grasped her other hand and the three kids escorted Lorna to the playing area.
Chapter 3 - Just a Little Longer by Lady1Venus
Chapter 3
Just a Little Longer

Once after getting outside, Lorna was able to see how the kids were able to play. There were many things for them to play with. In the center of the play area, was a small playground with monkey bars, swings, teeter-totter, slide, sand box and a few other things. All around the playground was surrounded around grass. There was a shed with nearly every ball under the sun stored in there. Also in the shed there were other play toys as well. Lorna was quite amazed on how much stuff the kids had to play with.

“So what would you three like to play first?” Lorna asked.

“I like to play on the swings, but often Paris nor Prince will help me,” Blanket said.

Lorna smiled. “Well I can help with that. I love to swing myself.”

Blanket smiled and ran over to the swings. Paris and Prince went to the shed and brought out a Frisbee and began to toss it back and fourth.

Blanket went and sat on the swings and waited for Lorna to reach him. When she reached him, she grabbed the swings.

“Hang on tight,” she instructed.

“I will,” he answered back.

Lorna pulled back the swing a little and let it go. Unknown to her, she was being watched. The Nanny was watching her but that wasn’t who really ‘was’ watching. It was one who was in his den watching from the window. The kids little playground was directly outside the window, so he could watch his kids play while he worked. He smiled as he watched their guest swing his youngest son. Just from watching, he could see she had a big love for children.

Watching his kids play, he knew he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on his work. He didn’t mind. He was actually ahead of schedule. He was now ready to advertise his upcoming concerts. He had already had the band back together and they were anxious to get started again.

“Mr. Jackson,” Debbie called as she walked into the room. “Would you like some coffee?” she asked. She looked up to see he was standing at his window looking at the kids.

She walked over to him and saw what he was seeing. “She is pretty, isn’t she?”

“That she is,” Michael admitted. “She’s leaving soon though. She’s earned enough money to go home.”

“Where will she go?” she asked. “I thought she lost her job and I’m sure her belongings in Las Vegas was taken by the Landlord.”

“She’s originally Canadian,” Michael said. “She wants to move back to that home.”

“I’ve never met a Canadian before,” Debbie said.

“I’ve met a few,” Michael said. “Just like Americans, some are nice and some are not so nice.”

Debbie turned away from the window. “I better get back to my work. Please call if you want anything.”

“I will.” Not once did Michael turn his head away from the window or watching how their guest, Lorna, was playing with the children. He was enjoying the moment as he watched. He didn’t even pay any attention to when Debbie left the room. As he continued to watch, he found it quite ironic on how he ended up getting a employee by the same name as his divorced wife. Debbie had started working for Michael after Michael left his dream ranch.

For about an hour he watched as the three children and woman play together. She would swing Blanket and then the two would play on the slide together. The four eventually ended up playing a game of tag and even played in the sand box together.

Michael had softly chuckled as Paris and Lorna started to make a sand castle together but it was ultimately destroyed when Prince tripped and fell on top of it, causing sand to go everywhere. Prince was about to start crying when Lorna suddenly burst out laughing.

Shortly after the sand castle incident, Michael finally peeled his eyes away from the children’s play and settled back to his work. He had no idea that at the same time he went back to his work, the kids and Lorna decided to go in as well.

Lorna looked at each kid. “Oh dear,” she sighed. “I guess we’re all a mess. I suppose we need to hop in the shower and get cleaned up.”

Blanket gave a slightly whine.

Lorna kneeled down to the small boy. “It’s ok,” she said. “Would you like your father to see you with sand in that beautiful hair of yours?”

Blanket shook his head. “I’ll go, if you promise to wash my hair for me.”

“You have your Nanny to do that,” Lorna said. She saw the puppy eyes look again and she knew she couldn’t say no. “Alright. I’ll tell your Nanny I’ll help you with your hair.”

Blanket smiled and the four ventured inside to get cleaned.

-

It was nearing of three O’clock when Michael decided to take a break from his work. He went to the family room to see his kids and Lorna were playing a game. With further inspection, he saw that it was his favorite game, Monopoly. He smiled and walked further into the room.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

All at once the three kids whipped their heads to the sound and brightly smiled. Scattering to their feet in a hurry, they hugged their father.

“Daddy,” Prince said. “You missed it. Earlier Lorna took us outside and played with us.”

Michael gave each of his kids a light kiss before looking at Lorna. “I hope they weren’t too much trouble. Sometimes the Nanny has some trouble.”

Lorna shrugged. “They’re just kids. Kids are there to be a pain at times but before long they will be all grown up.”

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “Lorna agreed to stay for one more week.”

“Yeah and she promised she would write and call us too,” Paris said.

“Calling long distance from Canada can get expensive,” Michael said. “But I suppose it would be one that I’d be willing to fit the bill.”

“Michael, you are too kind,” Lorna said.

“So who is winning?” Michael asked, giving a gesture to the game board. He could see some hotels and houses were placed around the board.

“Lorna and I are partners and we’re winning right now,” Blanket said. “Paris and Prince are on their own.”

“Oh really?” Michael questioned. “Did you two want some help?”

“Can you Daddy,” Paris asked.

Michael softly laughed and walked over to the table. He pulled up a chair and began to play along side with his children, helping both Paris and Prince. Another couple hours went by and the game still wasn’t finished. The tables were starting to slowly turn when Debbie walked in and called for dinner.

The kids all gave their sigh of annoyance.

“Just when the game was getting good,” Paris said.

Lorna stood up. “Come on kids. Let’s put the game away and place it back where it’s suppose to sit.” Lorna went to remove the houses and hotels off the board when Michael quickly snatched her hand and held it gently.

“Let’s leave it for now,” he suggested. “We can go back to the game when we’re done eating.”

“Can we Daddy?” Blanket asked.

Michael nodded and the three kids all smiled. “Go get washed up for dinner and meet me in the dining room.”

The three kids zoomed out of the room to wash their face and hands for dinner. Michael still had a hand around Lorna’s wrist. Lorna was beginning to wonder why he was still holding her hand. Finally he did let her go.

“I saw you playing with the kids earlier outside,” he said. “You must have had fun.”

“Yeah, it was fun. I helped Paris build a sand castle but it got destroyed.”

“I saw that,” Michael smiled. “It looked like Prince was about to start crying but seeing you laugh, he laughed too. You four seemed to have quite the laugh.”

“Yeah that was cute. Poor Prince, he thought he was doing something wrong, but seeing me laugh showed him that it was fine. Michael, you have great kids and it makes me even happier to know that they are not that badly affected by what has happened.”

“I did my best to not let it affect them,” he replied. “Well we better get washed up ourselves, Kai will be wanting to know what we want really soon.”

Lorna nodded and she left the room to go to the nearest bathroom to get freshen up. She knew Michael was doing the same. Before long she headed to the dining room and was met up with the kids. The kids, this time wouldn’t sit until Lorna did and when she did, they sat beside her. Paris was on side and Blanket on the other. Prince sat beside Blanket. When Michael walked in, he was a little surprised to see his children were sitting in a different spot.

Once dinner was over and the group went back to their game and played for the rest of the evening on the Monopoly game. Michael’s staff all noticed how the Jackson children were taking quite the liking to the woman who collapsed at the gate. Of course they also noticed their employer also seem to like the woman as well.

As the five continued to play, Lorna realized the tables surely had turned. Michael’s two older kids were beating her. And eventually she had to mortgage all her property and died.

“We did it, Daddy,” Paris cheered. “We beat Lorna.”

Blanket gave a pout. Lorna saw this before Michael had a chance. “Hey don’t worry about it Blanket. There always has to be a loser in the end. Besides it’s only a game. And it shouldn’t matter who wins, as long as you have fun.”

“Who ever told you that?” Prince asked.

“When I was just about your age, there was only one style of Monopoly, which is this board. And when I was younger, I used to get my butt whooped by my brothers all the time. I didn’t like playing it after awhile, but then my Mom told me that it doesn’t matter who wins or loses, it’s playing the game and having fun is what counts.”

“I totally agree,” Michael nodded.

“So what do we do now?” Paris asked. “When Prince and I always played it, it was just the two.”

“Well there is still two people in the game,” Michael commented. “You two can continue playing.”

The chimes on the clock forced Michael to look at the time. His eyes widened. He did not realize so much time went by. “But I think the game will have to resume tomorrow.”

Prince turned to the clock and suddenly pouted. It was nine O’clock. The Nanny suddenly walked into the room and began to rush the children up the stairs.

Michael looked at Lorna. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to say goodnight to the children.”

“Yeah, I need to start getting my things together and figure where in Canada I’m going to go. I have thought I’ll go to and visit one of my brothers in British Columbia.”

“I was once in Canada. I think it was in…” he trailed for a moment to think. I think Vancouver if I remember correctly.”

“Vancouver? Wow that’s in British Columbia and that’s last where I know where my brother’s live. Well not in Vancouver. Hey that is where the 2010 Winter Olympics are being held.”

“I heard about that,” Michael nodded. “I have tried to get other concerts in Canada but the officials were either asking too much money or offering me a too small of a place.”

“Yeah some places in Canada are very small. The country is the second largest in the world but yet there isn’t as much population as in the US.”

Michael nodded. He gave her a soft smile. “Well perhaps when you get settled, I’ll take a visit there and see you.”

“That would be nice.” Lorna stood up and walked out of the room. She was going to give her brother a call to see how he was doing. Lorna didn’t even pay attention as Michael had walked passed her as she walked to a phone and called her brother who she thought still lived in British Columbia.

Lorna was quickly frustrated, as she had to call directory to get the phone number of her brother’s. After nearly ten minutes, she finally was able to get through.

“Hello, McCall residence,” a man answered the phone.

Lorna had a feeling it was her brother, but since it been so long since she heard his voice, she had to be sure. “Hello, I am looking for Luke McCall.”

“This is Luke McCall,” he answered.

“Oh my god!” Lorna blurted. “Luke, it’s been a long time.”

“Who is this?”

Lorna took note that his tone gave off a slight tinge of annoyance. “It’s me, your baby sister, Lorna.”

“Lorna!” he nearly yelled in the phone, almost falling out of his chair. “How are you?”

“I’m doing really good,” Lorna smiled. “It’s good to hear you.”

“Likewise. It’s been a long time. I’m sorry about Mom she was a good lady. I wanted to go to the funeral, but my wife had a baby, so I couldn’t leave her.”

“How many does that make now?”

“Four. Two girls and two boys. Our youngest is a girl and we named her after Mom.”

“How sweet. I’m thinking of moving back to Canada.”

“Really? You finally raised enough money to leave the strip?”

“Luke, I didn’t work the strip. I worked in a hotel at the strip.”

“Whatever,” he said with some sarcasm. “Where are you thinking of heading to?”

“I’m not sure yet. I was wondering maybe you can help me with that.”

“I wish I could. But with four kids and both myself and my wife work, it gets tough. Have you called Robert?”

“No. You’re the first one I called and I had to find you through the directory. How is Robert and Jason doing?”

“Jason lives somewhere here in BC. The last I had heard, Robert was doing good. He’s finally settled down. He’s going to get married soon. He moved to California in Hollywood.”

“Hollywood? Wow. That’s quite the distance. That means we’re all in the same time zone.”

“What do you mean? The last time I looked, you were in Vegas and that’s an hour ahead, sometimes two hours.”

“I’m currently residing with a friend in Los Angles.”

“I’m lost,” her brother said. “What happened to Vegas?”

“Trust me, I’m not sure you want to know the story on that one. Let’s just say, I lost my job since accidentally getting here.”

“Lor, you better tell me what is going on or else.”

Lorna knew the tone he was using he meant business and demanded an answer. Michael just happened to come back in the room when she cringed at her brother’s tone. Michael gave her an odd look.

“Can you hang on a second.” Lorna moved the phone from her ear and covered the mouthpiece very tightly so her brother couldn’t hear in what she was going to say. “My brother is wanting to know why I’m here and not in Vegas. I don’t know what to tell him.”

Michael walked over to her and rested a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Family is important. I have eight siblings, plus my parents who have helped me through the scandals. Your brother deserves the truth.”

“Including you?” she asked.

He nodded. “Family should never keep secrets from each other.”

“What if the media learns this?”

“Lorna, ease your family’s fears.”

Lorna took a deep breath. She removed her hand and placed the phone back to her ear. “Sorry about that.”

“What was that about?” he asked.

Lorna stared into Michael’s eyes as she spoke. “Luke, are you sitting down.”

“Of course I am,” he said. “Lor, what is going on? I’m starting to worry.”

“Luke, I was kidnapped a couple months ago. I don’t know why. It happened just after I got off work and was heading home. From living in Vegas I became paranoid.” This was going to be the first time Michael was finally going to hear the full truth about Lorna. He knew she was holding things back, but he was going to let her speak of them on her own time.

“I lived only across the street from the hotel I worked at and only lived in a bachelor apartment. I really never had any friends other than my coworkers and I didn’t go anywhere after dark. But somehow I was taken. After being held hostage for a few hours and being tied up, I managed to escape before anything could happen to me and I kept running and found myself in Los Angles.”

As she stared into Michael’s deep brown eyes, she noted his expression didn’t change much except for a little surprise showing in his eyes.

“Where the hell are you right now?” Luke demanded.

Michael could hear the man’s voice being as close as he was. He gave her a slight nod to continue.

Lorna took another deep breath as her heart began to thump a little. She had no idea what he was going to think of what she would say next. She never knew how he would feel about Michael Jackson. “I am staying with a wealthy friend who took care of me as I collapsed in front of his home. Luke, he is very nice and wonderful.”

“Who?” he asked again.

Lorna’s eyes closed dreading on what her brother could say. “Michael Jackson,” she answered slowly. She meant to do it so he wouldn’t ask her to repeat the name again.

She heard a gasp in the phone and a thud. She presumed he succeeded this time in falling out of the chair. For a few minutes all she could hear was breathing and then a woman’s voice quietly speaking, which sounded like she was asking if Luke was ok.

“Are you saying…” he started finally. “The ‘Michael Jackson’, the pedophile.”

Lorna’s eyes popped open as a flash of anger flashed in her eyes. “He is not a molester. Those are all shitty lies. He is perfectly innocent.”

“You are defending the man?”

Tears welled up in her eyes. Her worse fears of her brother’s reaction were true. “Yes, I am defending him. He saved my life. I could have died from being food deprived and suffering with a lot of dehydration, which caused me to lose my voice. I could not speak. He is a sweet and kind man. He has three beautiful children who I played with all day today and they are so cute. Oh Luke I wish…” her voice got choked in her throat.

Luke went silent again, listening to his baby sister as she tried not to cry. He had a feeling the man she was defending was right there beside her. “Lor,” he said quietly finally. “Can, I speak to him.”

Lorna lifted the phone towards Michael, showing him that her brother wanted to talk. Michael took the phone and watched as Lorna walked away to recollect herself.

“This is Michael,” he said as he watched her.

“Michael Jackson,” Luke said. “Is what my sister just said true? You saved her life?”

“Yes,” he answered confidently. “She did collapse in front of my home. It took her nearly three weeks to get her voice back.”

“And you are taking good care of her?”

“That I have. I have given her some money so she would have some clothes to stay here. She has lost her job and has been staying here since.” Michael wasn’t really talkative on the phone, but he knew he was going to have to explain himself. And he already knew the man on the other end believed the lies.

“And you’re not forcing her stay with you?”

“Oh, god, no!” Michael rushed out. “She wants to go back to Canada. She can leave when she wishes. My three children though convinced her to stay the rest of the week.”

Luke finally pulled himself off the floor with his wife’s help. She was giving him a stern look because of his reaction to where his sister was staying. “So you could have given my sister money at any time for her to come home?”

“Of course, but I had no idea she was planning on leaving until yesterday. If I had, I would have offered her a plane ride to where she wanted to go sooner.” Michael watched as Lorna walked back to him and silently was asking for the phone back. “Your sister wishes to speak with you again.”

Michael handed the phone over to her. “Luke,” she said sternly. “What is your problem? I figured you would be grateful for Michael helping me.”

“Lor…” Luke couldn’t get anything more out as suddenly a screeching loud noise interrupted him. “Lor. I have to go!” he said.

Lorna and Michael could hear the screeching through the phone.

“The kids are fighting again. I hope to talk to you again. I love you. Bye.” He hung up.

Tears fell from her eyes as she heard the click. Michael took his cue of gently taking the phone from her and setting it down.

Lorna slowly walked a couple steps. “If I had known…”

“It’s ok,” Michael said softly.

“No, it’s not ok,” Lorna, snapped around looking at him with tears. “He had no right to do that. If I had known that he believed the lies then I wouldn’t have told him that I was here with you. You don’t deserve that. You deserve to be respected and only your loyal fans can give you that.”

“You respect me,” he said.

“Michael, you and I both know what I am talking about. The media has torn you apart. They treated you like you’re an alien. But you are human. People do make mistakes. There are a hell of a lot of people out there,” she swung her hand towards the window, indicating the people who lived in the city and everywhere else, “who have done far worse than you. And what do they get for their troubles? A slap on the wrist, few years jail time and probation. What do you get, the whole punishment like you were a serial killer. They just attack you because of how fast you climbed the ladder to fame. Well I don’t give a crap about your fame. You are a gentle and nice person. You, most of the time, don’t act like you have fame.”

Michael cracked a little smile seeing how much she was defending him. “I thank you, Lorna.” He walked over to her and hugged her. “Thank you,” he whispered.

She hugged him back, enjoying the feel of his arms around him. Many girls would so be jealous of her if they ever knew she was able to see the man this close.
Chapter 4 - Convincing to Stay by Lady1Venus
Chapter 4
Convincing to Stay

It was a sad day, sad day for everyone. Prince, Paris and Blanket were especially sad and their lone faces brought Michael’s mood down as well. But he was already sad as it was. Even the staff at the mansion was sad. Today was the day Lorna was going to leave them. She was going to move back to Canada. Just as she promised the kids, she stayed with them for the week and it was now time to go. She did hate to leave them, but she needed to patch things with her brother.

When she had contacted her brother again, Michael wasn’t home. Of course, she had no idea what he was doing but he was doing some last minute things he had to do before announcing to the world he was going to do one more tour called ‘This is It’. It was going to be his final tour. He had plans on making a new album and perhaps a couple more after that, but his touring days were going to be over. He no longer could take the stress of the tours. As usual his family was going to be there to back him up. They always were there for him.

When he had returned home from visiting his mother, he was met with a very sad Lorna. It didn’t take him long to realize she had another talk with her brother and it did not go well. He comforted her as much as he could without drawing too much attention to the kids. He didn’t want them to see how much Lorna was upset about her brother.

Now that the day had arrived that she was going to leave, Michael really didn’t want her to leave, but he knew he had to let her go. Breakfast was particularly quiet and once breakfast was done, Lorna left to pack her things. Michael was going to accompany her to the airport to see her off.

As she was packing, a quiet knock was heard, she walked over to answer to see three crying faces staring at her.

“Don’t go,” Blanket whispered.

“It’s so much fun having you here,” Prince said. “It won’t be the same without you.”

“Yeah,” Paris said, nearly choking on her words.

“Oh kids,” Lorna said, feeling the sadness. “I know you don’t want me to go, but I did ask a promise and it must be kept.”

“Promises are known to be broken,” Paris argued. “We really don’t want you to go.”

Lorna hugged each of the children. “I will promise to visit and call you everyday. Maybe you can come and visit me in the summer time or something.”

“That would be nice,” Prince said.

“Children,” the Nanny called from down the hall. The woman could see the children from where she was standing. “It’s time for your morning studies.” The Nanny needed to do something to distract them so the younger woman can get her things packed and get to the airport. Her plane was leaving at noon.

The children groaned and with moped faces, turned and walked away. Lorna hated to see them go like this, but she had to get her things ready. Michael had insisted on paying for her flight and he also insisted on having her fly first class. He wanted her to hold on to her money so she would have a place to stay when she got to her destination. Lorna didn’t want his charity as he already did so much for her, but he would not take ‘no’ for an answer.

All too soon, she was all packed. One of the staff offered to carry her things to the car. She was going to miss staying at the mansion and having servants around. She was getting used to the idea of feeling as if she was rich. Everyone had treated her like she had lived there for years. Even Michael treated her like she belonged there.

When she climbed in the car, an RV, she noticed Michael was sitting in the seat beside her, wearing all black with white trimming. He wasn’t wearing his traditional sunglasses. She guessed he was wearing black so when she got out, people wouldn’t notice him. She didn’t blame him.

The ride was silent as one bodyguard sat in front with the driver. She suspected the driver probably was a bodyguard as well. When they arrived at the airport, Michael unbuckled his seat belt and turned his body to look at her.

He gently grasped her hand. He raised it up to his lips and gave it a light kiss. “It’s been a pleasure to know you,” he said quietly. “I wish this day didn’t have to come.”

“Me, too,” she said with a light blush. Feeling his lips touching her hand, made tingles spark through her. “Thank you for everything. These couple months have been one of the best since before Mom died.”

He nodded. He stretched over and hugged her. His lips were near her ear as he hugged. “Please stay,” he whispered. “The kids have grown very fond of you.”

“Michael,” she whispered back in his ear. “Thank you for the offer, but…” she forced her tears down. “I need to patch things with my brother. He doesn’t even know I’m coming.”

He pulled away. “I had to try,” he tried to smile but the sadness on seeing her leave wouldn’t make the muscle move. “You have my number, don’t hesitate to call for anything, including money.”

“I will. You are a good friend Michael Jackson and I’m proud I was able to meet and get to know the real King of Pop.”

“And I’m glad I found a new friend who can see past the fame and glory. I do have many friends but they are all wealthy.” He pulled her close again and kissed her cheek.

Lorna felt herself in wanting to melt. He had been so kind to her and gentle. She had to marvel at how attractive he was even if he was now white instead of dark. The kiss he gave her was only a light one and quick, but gentle, but it was all she needed to know that he was being sincere.

When he pulled away, she reached for the handle of the door to open it, but her hand was slightly shaky from his forwardness. When she finally managed to open the door, she got out. A bodyguard would have opened for her, but she insisted not to as it could draw attention and she didn’t want that. Before she closed the door, Michael stopped it.

“I’ll stay here until the plane takes off just in case there’s a delay,” he said.

She nodded and allowed him to close the door.

“Mr. Jackson, do you think that is wise?” the driver asked.

“I will not strand her here in case there is problems,” Michael said. There was a moment of silence as Michael watched her take her luggage and go into the building. Suddenly a dreadful feeling came over him. “Can one of you go with her? I will feel safer if she’s not completely alone.”

“Any particular reason?” the passenger asked.

“She was kidnapped once, I would hate to see it happen again.” This was the first time since he met Lorna that she was away from the safety of his security.

The passenger nodded and got out and headed inside to look for Lorna. Being a security guard as long as he had been, he knew to stay close but not to make it look like he was following her.

-

Once inside, Lorna waited in a line to register herself so she could go to the waiting room to board. As she waited, she reached her hand instead her pocket of her blazer. To her surprise, she felt something that she knew wasn’t in there before. Pulling it out, she gasped. There in her hand was note rolled around a wade of bills. Michael must have handed it to her when he hugged her.

She looked at the note around the money and did her best to read what it said.

‘Take this as a token of good faith. I don’t want you to feel stranded. If you ever want to return, just let me know and I’ll take care of it. Love always, Michael.’

Her eyes felt like they were going to fill up with tears. She knew the ending tag line was just a platonic gesture. He loved all his fans. She continued to read the note over and over again as she got slowly closer and closer to the counter. As she read the note, her mind played over the fun she had with the children. How they played outside everyday when it wasn’t raining. And the day it did rain, She would play hide and seek with them. During the hide and seek, even Michael joined in. She got to see how playful he really was.

He had so much love for his children; it would make her cry nearly every night, as she never had that kind of love from her father. Never once did she hear him raise his voice to the children nor did he ever threaten to slap them in any way. Even the staff would not strike them. But yet the children were such good children. No matter what an adult asked of them, they did it without question.

She gasped unexpectedly. The realization slammed into her like a ton of bricks to the point where she could barely breath. She loved those children. And it wasn’t a kind of love for children that she had shown to other children. It was a true divine love as if the children were her own, though they were not.

She felt her heart begin to ache for Paris, Prince and Blanket. Her mind snapped to the last look she received from them as she was packing earlier and it was breaking her heart. She couldn’t leave them. She looked up suddenly and realized it was now her turn.

“Miss,” a woman said behind the counter. “Do you have a ticket?”

Lorna looked at the note and then at the woman again. She suddenly put a set determination on her face as her heart ached more at the mention of a ticket. Lorna couldn’t leave.

“Screw the ticket!” she blurted out. She grabbed her luggage and rushed out of line, leaving the woman speechless. Lorna wasn’t going to leave those kids. She loved those kids and she wanted to see their smiling faces once again.

As she moved towards the exit a man suddenly came out of nowhere and stopped her.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

She looked up to see one of the bodyguards. “I need to see Michael right a way.”

“He’s still in the parking lot, waiting for the plane to leave. But you need to get in line, the plane leaves in less than an hour.”

“I don’t care, I need to see him now!”

The bodyguard raised his hands in defeat. He wasn’t going to defy her. “Would you like me to take your bags?”

“Please. I can move faster.” At the moment she was grateful that he was nearly six feet tall. He took her bags and the two walked towards the exit. Once outside, she ran over to the RV. She guessed Michael had seen her coming as he pulled himself out of the car with a confused look on his face.

It was a cloudy day so he wasn’t too worried about his lupus at that moment, though he knew he needed to not stay in the open for long as he wasn’t wearing protection for his skin.

“Michael!” she yelled, drawing his attention from his thoughts about his illness.

She stopped just before him, almost out of breath. “I can’t leave,” she admitted. “I can’t leave your children. They mean too much too me now. I love them like they were my own.”

Michael’s eyes widened which soon forced his mouth to form a big smile. He reached forward, grasping her hands before giving them a tug, pulling her body against his in a gentle embrace. “They will be overjoyed.”

By this time the bodyguard had finally reached them with her luggage in hand.

Michael pushed her to arms length. “What about your brother?”

“There’s always visits. You and your kids have become too important for me to leave. I can’t leave them…I won’t leave those kids.”

The bodyguard smiled at Michael as Michael looked at him. The tall man walked to the trunk of the RV to place her bags back in. Once they were in, Michael helped Lorna into the car and then got in himself. It was a good thing too. Just as he was about to climb in, he heard a couple girls scream out his name and then say ‘I love you’.

The girls started to come over to the RV when the bodyguard got in the car and the driver pulled away. Michael waved to the girls and gave them a blow kiss, showing that he saw them. He watched as one of them wanted to faint.

Lorna looked to the girls. “That was a close call,” she said.

“That it was,” Michael agreed.

“Sir, you should have stayed in the car,” the driver said.

“Wanting to know what Lorna wanted was too important. Can I use a cell phone?”

The guard in the passenger seat handed his boss a phone. Lorna was perplexed in what Michael wanted with it. She thought he had his own but it looked like he left his at home.

“Hi, Debbie,” he said into the cell. “Can you please have the children standing at the door? I have a surprise for them.”

Lorna blinked at the awareness of what he was doing. He wanted the kids to see that she was returning. She watched as Michael hung up the phone and handed it to his guard again.

He turned his head to look at her. “I’m glad,” he said.

She nodded and remembered the money. She reached into the pocked and pulled out the money. “I believe this is yours, you little sneak.”

Michael smiled as he closed her hand around the money. “You keep it as your own personal fund.”

“Michael, I can’t take handouts.”

“It’s not a handout,” he argued. “It’s a friend giving another friend some money. There is no harm in that, now is there?”

“No, but…”

“You keep it. I will call the airport later and asked if your plane ticket can be transferred to another type of ticket.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well next month I will taking a trip and your ticket could be transferred to that trip.”

“A trip with you? Michael, I would not want to impose.”

“Lorna, I would like you to accompany myself and the children on a trip to London.”

“London, England?” she gasped.

He nodded. “Yes and be there for me when I announce my upcoming tour.”

“You’re going to do a tour?” she asked. “When? And you want me to be there with you.”

“I’m going to do ten concerts in London, in July. Everything is already scheduled, I now just need to make my announcements.”

Lorna’s eyes widened. “So that’s what you’ve been doing all this time. You have been making plans for this concert.”

Michael nodded with a smile. “It’s called ‘This Is It’ and it’s going to be final concert tour. I will release more albums in the future, but my touring days are going to end. I don’t think I can take the pressure of concerts anymore. I would be grateful if you were to come with me.”

“I have never been to London.”

Michael gave a slight grin. “Will you come with me then?”

She smiled. “I would love to go.”

“Good. It’s settled then.”

Michael turned to allow a comfortable silence to rein in the car. The two security guards looked at each other with a smirk. They had both been around Michael Jackson long enough to see the signs. He was liking the woman more and more each day.

Before long they arrived at the mansion. Michael looked at Lorna and grasped her hand before she could unbuckle her seatbelt. “Can you do me a favor?”

Lorna looked at him with surprise and question. “What is it?”

“Can you just stay here for a few minutes while I talk to the kids. I would like to see their reaction when they see you and you can see they are waiting for me to step out.” He watched her nod; he released her hand and then got out.

“What’s with the lone faces?” he asked his children as he approached them.

“We miss Lorna,” Paris said.

“Well I have a surprise for you,” he said.

“What surprise is that?” Prince asked taking a step forward.

“You’ll see.” Michael looked at the car. “You can come out.”

Lorna opened the door and stepped out with a bright smile.

The kids all gasped. Wasn’t Lorna supposed to be the airport? But she was now there in front of them and just over ah hour ago, she had left for the airport. What was going on?

“I don’t get it,” Blanket said. “I thought she was leaving.”

Lorna walked to Blanket. She bent down to the boy as the bodyguards pulled her luggage out of the RV. She rested a hand on Blanket’s shoulder. “I was,” she said. “But then I realized how much I was going to miss the three of you and I couldn’t stand leaving you. So I have decided to stay.”

“For how long?” Prince asked.

“Well your father did offer me to stay, so I will for as long as you three wish me to stay.”

Three faces suddenly all lit up with bright smiles and were quick to hug her. “We don’t want you to leave, ever!” Paris nearly yelled.

The pressure of the kids hugging caused her to lose her footing and she toppled to the ground with the three kids on top of her. The kids were crying for joy.

“I love you all,” Lorna laughed.

Michael softly laughed, not wanting to break the moment. He loved seeing his children happy.

“Mr. Jackson,” Debbie said. “Miss McCall will remain with us?”

“Yes and I have asked her to come with me to London and she agreed,”

Eventually the kids finally allowed Lorna to stand up. The moment the woman was standing, the three pushed her into the house before Lorna could react. They did not want to let her out of their sight, in case what was happening was just a dream. Michael followed with laugh.

All afternoon the kids would not let Lorna leave their sight. Michael was impressed at how well the kids were keeping an eye on the woman. She was an amazing woman. He loved how she cuddled the children like they were hers and how she took special care in making them happy. When it came time for bed, the kids asked for Lorna to also tuck them in as well as their father.

Lorna was more than happy to obliged to their will. Lorna first said her good nights to Paris and then to Prince. She paid a little extra to Blanket, as he was the youngest. When she went to say good night to the boy, he asked if she could read him a story. Lorna agreed.

Lorna was in the middle of reading a small little story when Michael walked in and heard her read to his youngest son. Just the sound of her voice reading made his heart soar. He was very happy to have her now live with them. He waited quietly as she continued to read until the story was over. She reached over and lightly kissed Blanket’s forehead. She stood to place the book back on the bookshelf when she saw Michael standing there.

She slightly blushed. He had heard her. He walked past her and gave his son a kiss as well and wrapped the blankets around his son. With the good nights done, Michael walked over to Lorna and the two left the bedroom.

“You have a nice reading voice,” he complimented once Blanket’s door was closed.

“Thank you,” she blushed again. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to know you have a sweet voice,” he answered.

“He wanted me to read him a story,” she said. “I love those kids.”

“And they love you in return. They have never had a mother, only the Nanny.”

“That’s a shame,” she said. “Their mother should be in their life.”

“Debbie Rowe didn’t want to,” he answered. “And now I don’t even speak with her anymore.”

Lorna nodded. “But it’s still a shame.” She had a feeling that was another touchy subject and she figured it was probably best to change it. “What about my ticket?”

Michael smirked. This woman knew when to leave things alone. “Already switched. While you and the kids were playing, I took the liberty of calling them. The day we go, one of the security guards will go and switch the current one for the new one. I should warn you that my children wear masks or veils.”

“Yes, I had heard about that,” Lorna said. “Why do you do that?”

“I do not want the media to surround them. So I keep them hidden. There are so many celebrity children who are thrown in the spotlight for no reason and I do not wish it upon mine. I get tabloid garbage, I don’t need them to placed in it.”

“I don’t blame you there. I can’t understand why the media can’t leave you celebrities alone.”

“I’ve often wondered that myself, but we are what we are.”

The two walked down the hallway to the downstairs, where they didn’t stopped until they were at his private den. Michael entered the room and then offered Lorna in. Once the two were in the room, the pop star closed the door lightly and walked over to the leather sofa that was in the room and sat down. Lorna watched how casually he moved about in the room. She had known him enough now that she knew to not be formal around him. She had seen him do quite the unusual celebrity things.

As he sat on the couch, he grabbed some peanuts, which were in a jar, and he started to toss one in the air to only catch it with his mouth. He was really good at doing it, something she was terrible at. She decided to sit cross-legged on the floor near the sofa.

“Did I hear correctly earlier when Prince said that I would be around for his birthday?”

“Yes,” the pop star answered. “In fact it’s next week. His birthday is on the 13th, and he’ll be 12.”

“Wow, I thought he was 12 now,” she commented. “Didn’t realize he wasn’t.”

“He has grown up so fast.” Michael stopped tossing the peanuts into his mouth and started to eat them normally. Seeing that she was on the floor, he raised one leg up on the sofa and rested an arm on. “It seems like yesterday he was born.”

“Yeah, children do grow up fast,” Lorna agreed. “One minute they are cute and innocent and the next they are grown and having sex.”

Michael nodded. “Unlike when I was young, sex wasn’t a common thing to speak about but today they have it plastered all over the streets, the TV, even in books.”

“I’m sure you probably had gotten letters from crazed fans about sexual fantasies.”

Michael gave a nervous giggle and hid his face with one hand as a blush crept to his cheeks. “Oh, don’t remind me.”

Lorna saw his blush and gave a slight smirk, it wasn’t often that she seen him embarrassed. She crawled over closer to the sofa, forcing him to look at her.

“Any plans for Prince’s birthday?” she asked. She looked into his deep, dark brown eyes and felt trapped by them. The eyes were full of life, love and pain.

“Up until last year, I always gave him a birthday party. This year he would like it to be something different.”

“Well he will be a pre-teen. He’s getting too old for childish things, though in his father’s case, one is never too old for childish things.”

The pop star smirked. “That is so true. Prince would like to have a sleepover with some of his friends.”

“Will your family come?”

“I know Janet will be here and probably LaToya as well, but Joesph and my mother and my other sister, not so sure. They don’t celebrate birthdays.”

“What about your brothers?” she asked.

“Sometimes they do come and sometimes they don’t. Depends on their busy schedule, though they always leave a gift for the kids and give wishes. But you have to realize my family is Jehovah’s Witness. Though my brother Jermaine is a Muslim.”

“Bummer,” the woman answered. “I have nothing against religions, but Jehovah’s can really get on my nerves sometimes.”

“Oh? How so?” he asked, he popped another peanut in his mouth.

“Don’t get me wrong here, as I can see you were once one, but when they start knocking at your day almost every other day basically asking for you to join them, it gets quite annoying after awhile.”

“I see,” Michael nodded. The room went into a comfortable silence.

Lorna decided to lie down on the floor before her back started to bother her again. The carpet was a nice soft one that she felt like she was nearly lying on feathers. And soon began to doze off.

“Lorna,” a voice called to her.

Lorna opened her eyes and looked at Michael as he had a concern look on his face.

“Are you feeling alright?” he asked.

“Yes, why do you ask?” she asked as she sat up.

“You look like you were falling asleep on my floor.”

She looked at the floor and then slightly turned her head. “Sorry,” she lightly blushed. “I guess your carpet was so soft, I forgot where I was.”

Michael lightly laughed, letting out some of his squeaky giggles along with it. “Yeah, I suppose it is soft.”

“Yeah.” Lorna stood up from the floor. “I think I will turn in for the night, I really don’t want to fall asleep on your floor.”

Michael stood as well. “Perhaps you can help me to plan Prince’s birthday tomorrow.”

“I would love to,” she said.

She gave him a smile and then walked out, heading to her now permanent bedroom.
Chapter 5 - Spending Time Together by Lady1Venus
Chapter 5
Spending Time Together

As Prince’s birthday approached, Lorna was able to make herself a routine with the Jackson family. She was now part of the family and everyday she would love the children even more than the day before. Of course she had observed Michael seemed to be a little happier too since she agreed to stay. She also noticed he kept himself very busy and it was beginning to worry her. She had a feeling he was going to burn himself out and as he had done it before from what she had heard.

On the evening before Prince’s birthday after he had gone to bed, Lorna decided she was going to have a talk with Michael in his working habits. Knowing where to find him, she walked to his den, which she would often describe it as ‘his office’. She knew he was there since he always went there on most nights after the kids were put to bed.

She tapped on the door and walked in without waiting for an answer. As she walked in, he was startled as he was in the middle of reading a letter he received from London.

“Is something the matter?” he asked as he set the letter down but still held it within his hands. He removed his reading glasses.

“Perhaps,” she said. “Michael, when was the last time you relaxed?”

Michael blinked at her question. “Relaxed?”

“Yes, relaxed. I have noticed this past week, you’re barely sleeping and you’re constantly busy.”

“Well I do have to prepare for this concert tour,” he defended.

She walked further into the room and around the desk. “Michael, you’ll burn yourself out. You are not a young man anymore. You have to think about your health.”

“I am fit,” he said as he looked at her.

“Michael,” she said quietly. “Tomorrow is your son’s birthday. You had asked me to stay and while I had said that I stayed for the children, I also stayed because you are a good friend. You are the first person in a long time to be concerned for my well being.”

“Lorna in just under 3 weeks, we’re going to London to announce my tour. I need to make sure everything is ready.”

“I guess what they say is true. You are a perfectionist.”

“That I am. There’s been times in my past where I did not like how things went but I couldn’t go back and change it.”

She reached over and touched his hand. “I fear for you,” she said with sadness.

“Fear for me?” He noted how soft her hand was his. “Why do you fear for me?”

She kneeled on to her knees and moved her hand to his leg, close to his black jean knee. She had noted he was wearing a cream colored silk shirt, one that probably cost a bit of money. “I’ve seen too many people die or get really sick from burn out.”

He looked into her concerned eyes and saw how much she was really concerned for him. He took a long sigh and saw that she was right. He was actually ahead of schedule and his son’s birthday was tomorrow. He let the letter, he was reading, glide to the desk and turned fully around to face her, forcing her to move back a bit. He grabbed her hands and stood, taking her with him. Perhaps it was time to take some time to relax like he once did.

She gasped as he stood. She wasn’t expecting him to stand up. She felt herself being pushed back as he took a step forward. When she was far enough away from the desk, he stepped around the desk, still holding her hand and silently walked to the door.

“Michael, where are we going?” she asked when they were in the hallway.

“You’ll see,” he said. He continued on walking until they reached the foyer. He grabbed a jacket as it was a bit cold outside and he grabbed her jacket and helped her to put it on, which she allowed him.

“I really don’t understand.” She was completely confused now as he opened the door and led her outside into the cool air. Though they were living in Los Angles, the temperatures at night for February could get chilly.

“Have you ever climbed trees?” he asked.

She blinked in confusion as he pulled her along. “I once did when I was younger, but I haven’t since moving to Vegas.”

Michael smiled as he continued to walk, taking her hand once again. Lorna glanced at their linked hands. She noted how pale his hand was compared to her more tanned hand. He continued to pull her until they reached the area where the kids’ playground was but soon passed it and stopped nearby a tree.

He turned to her. “Come on, this will be fun.”

“I don’t know,” she said. “I haven’t been up a tree in many years. Perhaps it might be better if it was during the day. It is after dark.”

He smiled at her and pulled on her arm. He tugged a little too hard and she stumbled right into him. He caught her easily. “It will be fun. You want me to relax and one of my best relaxations is climbing trees.”

“Even for being 50?” She watched him nod.

“Lorna, I never had much of a childhood. Being a singer at a very young age, took my childhood away,” he said. “Just climb, I’ll be right behind you. You can see there are foot ledges everywhere and even a rope if you feel like you’re about to fall.”

She was about to protest again but seeing the look in his dark eyes told her that he wasn’t going to take ‘no’ for an answer. She turned away from him and slid her foot onto the first ridge that was built on the tree. She reached up for another foot ledge and got ready to pull herself up. As she used her arms to pull herself up, she felt herself tremble. It had been a long time for her to climb.

She gave a slight gasp as she felt his hands hold her waist to help steady her. She guessed he must have seen her tremble as she heard him speak in very soft comforting tone. She loved his voice. He did not have a manly voice like most men, but he did have a relaxing voice that melted her fears.

“I won’t let you fall,” he answered as he held her softly but firmly.

Lorna took a couple breaths and finished taking her first step up. She then reached up, taking another a step up and then another. When she was far enough up, he began to make his climb up. After she took her 15th step up, she began to get nervous.

“Where is the top?”

“Just a few more. Look to your left and you’ll see a place where you can sit. There’s enough room to sit two people,” he answered from below her.

She did as instructed and she could see there were two seats and they were built right into the tree. Each seat also had a support to prevent falling, but the feet would either have to dangle through the limbs or stretch out over the limbs. She looked up to see another foot ledge. She reached up and pulled herself up once again. Finally after two more steps up, she saw that she was now able to stretch herself over to where the seats were. Her heart was racing like a racehorse. She was so nervous.

When her butt found a spot to sit she finally stopped and nervously grabbed the sides where the back support was. Her heart was still racing when Michael planted himself in the other seat. He gazed at her, waiting silently. He sensed her heart was racing as he could see she had a white-knuckle grip on the sides and her breathing was slightly faster too. He slid his legs to dangle between the limbs.

When he saw that her breathing had slowed, he broke the silence. “I like to come up here sometimes to just sit and think. I once used to climb trees during the day; of course that was when I had no children to care for. But now I wait until they are in bed before I come out here.”

A light breeze touched her braided hair. She looked up finally to see how high they were. She could see somewhat more of the property than from the ground. She took an intake of breath as the scene before was breathtaking. “It’s beautiful,” she breathed.

“That it is,” he commented. He tore his gaze from her and looked around. “Sitting up here was how the idea of doing one more tour came from.”

She blinked and snapped her head to him. “Really?”

“In fact you’re sitting right where I was when the inspiration came to me,” he nodded as he turned his eyes back to her.

“I don’t know what to say,” she said. “I wish I had half the talent as you.”

He softly smiled. “I have heard that from many people. Sometimes, I resent Joseph for forcing me to be the best, but other times I’m not.”

“Joseph?” she cocked her head. She still had a knuckle grip on the sides of the seat, which were smoothed out boards.

“He’s my father and he never wanted us to call him ‘dad’ but by his first name.” His eyes took on a sad expression.

She shook head. “I’m sorry you had such harsh growing years.”

He nodded. “What was your childhood like?”

“Well I’m the youngest of four, three brothers and myself. Two I have mentioned to you and the third…don’t talk about him. My parents were loving parents and they did their best to have food on the table. Though there were some days they weren’t sure they would. But we did manage. My brothers were constant troublemakers. Of course that is boys for you, always into trouble…well most boys anyway.”

“I’ve done my fair share of annoying my sisters in my youth.” He nodded again with understanding. “What did you used to do?”

“I would play with my dolls and Barbies. Sometimes with my friends I would play make believe. Once becoming a teenager and toys and playing games were no longer the deal, I chased after the boys. Mind you I do have bad luck with men.”

“Oh? How so?” he asked. He leaned forward and touched one of her hands, lightly brushing his fingers across them.

“My first boyfriend, he was nice but we had to breakup because we moved here to the states. I did not want to leave him as he was first for everything, if you get my drift.”

Another nod came from him as his fingers found themselves under Lorna’s hand and gently slid under so she was no longer gripping the board, but touching his hand. She was relaxing as she was talking. “I know what you mean.” She was meaning the guy she spoke of was the first person she had sex with.

“For awhile we mailed letters back and fourth but they soon stopped as he found someone else. Yes, I was somewhat crushed that he no longer wanted to wait for me. I’ve had a few other boyfriends since then but they left me high and dry after I slept with them.”

Michael shook his head, hating the thought of people mistreating people. In his mind he was saying that those guys were jerks leaving such a pretty girl like Lorna.

“When I would try to find out why, they would call me ugly.”

That one stung. It reminded him how his father would say things like that to him when he was going through adolescents. “You’re not ugly,” he said. “Besides, beauty is only skin deep.”

“Why do men have to be such jerks? Not that I’m saying that you’re one. You are one of the nicest men, I’ve met in a long time.”

A soft smile graced Michael’s lips. “Thank you,” he said kindly. “I’m sorry for you’re past bad relationships. I do hope you find someone someday who can treat you well.”

“Yeah. I’m a single woman with nothing to show expect for the fact that I lived in Las Vegas and now here in Los Angles with a wonderful singer and his beautiful children. I have no one to come home to.”

“Well I’m hoping that will change. You are welcomed to stay as long as you like.”

“Thank you,” she said. She looked around again. “It’s a good thing I’m not afraid of heights. If I was there would have been no way in getting me up here.”

Michael chuckled. “Well I’m glad you aren’t then. You wanted me to relax and this is my best way to relax at this time of night.”

“So your kids are home schooled?”

Michael nodded. “Yes. Being who I am, I can’t take them to a public school. Besides, I do a lot of traveling.”

“So I’ve noticed. You’ve been nearly every place in the world. I’ve never really traveled before.”

“So you only lived in Ontario and Nevada?” he asked. He went to remove his hand but she quickly grasped, forcing him to keep it where it was.

Lorna quietly snorted as she realized she was holding Michael’s hand. She had no idea his hand was even there until that moment. She ungripped his hand and blushed. “Sorry.”

“No need apologize,” he said as he moved his hand to cover hers. “I was only trying to help relax you.”

She blushed more and lowered her head. “I guess I’m more nervous than I thought.”

“Why would you be so nervous?”

“Well, I’m sitting in a tree with you, many of your fans would scream at me right now if they knew and I haven’t been in a tree since I was twelve.”

Michael chuckled. “Yeah my fans do love me and I suppose that has been a long time for you.” He paused. “Tell me about Canada.”

She looked up at him. “About Canada? Umm…there’s so much, I wouldn’t know where to begin…oh wait. I can do better. I can show you. I saw that you have a computer in another room, I could show you pictures even some pictures of myself.”

“How can you show me pictures of you? You lost everything.”

Lorna smirked. “Ever hear of Facebook or Photobucket?”

“Doesn’t ring a bell. I take it that these are Internet pages?”

Lorna’s smirk turned into a smile. “Yeah they are. I have some of my pictures on Facebook to show my facebook friends and it would not surprise me if some of my friends are fans of yours. And then I have a page called Photobucket which allows me to load up pictures. With your permission, I could load up my Photobucket page and show you pictures.”

“I’m not too fond of the Internet, though have gone on there a few times. I’m not really well inversed with web.”

“That’s ok,” she said. “A person has to learn sometime. And I’m sure with your busy schedule with being a single parent in raising 3 children can get tough. Of course there is fighting the damn media circus and show appearances.”

“I suppose you would like to show me now,” he said with a slight reluctance in his voice.

“That is if it’s alright with you. It’s your computer.”

Michael crawled up to his knees and moved over the tree limb to the foot ledges. Lorna saw that he was going to climb down. Seeing that he was climbing down, she knew she was going to have to move as well. She took one look around seeing how breathtaking the scene was again before turning to slowly make her way to the foot ledges. When she got there, she saw that he was already on the ground, waiting for her. Wow he moved fast.

She took a deep breath as she made her first step down and then another. She continued to slowly climb down. She could tell the ground was getting closer as she could feel Michael’s presence behind her. When she was only a couple steps from the ground Michael grasped her waist to help steady her.

The second she felt his hands; she gave a startle yelp and lost her footing. As she lost her footing, her body twisted around and she fell into Michael’s arms, facing him. He caught her easily though he wasn’t expecting her to be startled like that. He stared at her for a few minutes as she stared back. Her arms were nearly wrapped around his neck. They stopped just in his hair as she could feel the soft texture. His arms were completely around her waist.

“Are you ok?” he asked finally.

“I think so,” she answered as she continued to star into his dark brown pools. “I didn’t mean to do that.”

“I’m sure,” he lightly smirked. “But perhaps next time you won’t klutz out on me.”

She gasped. “I did not klutz out! You’re hands startled me.”

He lightly laughed. He loved to tease if he could get the chance. “You should have known I would have steadied you just like I did when you climbed up.”

At that moment, Lorna realized the position they were in. She was very close to him, and although the two shared a few comforting embraces, they did not compare to how close he was to her. With him having white skin and not black and his face was partially sunken in, due to having to keep his weight down he was still fairly attractive. Being this close, she could smell his cologne and she was beginning to really enjoy the scent. His face was so close; she could feel his breath on her face. They were close enough that he could easily kiss her and she’d probably let him too.

Michael on the other hand, could smell the faint scent of her apple-scented shampoo. It was very alluring to him. To a point, it was very comforting to have his arms around a woman again. It had been so long since he actually hugged a woman and he found Lorna was quite the attracting woman and one that perhaps he wouldn’t mind dating or something. But he knew he had to patient. Ever since Debbie Rowe, he had nearly closed his heart off to many women. He still loved them in general, but he had yet to find a compatible match.

He loosened his grip on her waist and eventually released her completely. When he let her go, she forced herself to release him as well. She felt her heart sink with disappointment, but knew it was for the best. The two were only friends. She thought that he probably didn’t see her any more than just a friend.

“You still wanting to show me your webpage?” he asked finally.

Lorna suddenly felt like kicking herself as she remembered the reason why they got out of the tree. She gave him a nod and began to walk back to the house. They were soon inside and when their coats were off, he led her to the computer room.

He watched in fascination on her turning on the machine and logged in. Once on the net, her fingers danced across the keyboard, typing a web address. He was amazed at how fast she could type. Once the address was typed in and she logged in, Michael was able to see a bunch of names on one side of the screen. He grabbed a nearby chair so he could sit.

He was able to see many pictures of Lorna when she was little and pictures of her and her brothers. His heart swelled with envy as she showed him each picture.

“You were quite cute,” he complimented.

“Thank you,” she lightly smiled.

Michael soon pointed to one picture on the page. “What’s that?”

Lorna looked to where he was pointing. “It was an elementary school play I was involved in called the Nutcracker.” She pulled up the picture so Michael could get a better look. In the picture it showed a girl and boy dressed as the Nutcracker and the girl who met the toy soldier with some other kids dressed in all sorts of candy and gifts. “I played the leading girl, mind you I can’t remember her name right now.”

“I’ve never seen a school play,” Michael admitted. “You looked like you had fun.”

“From what I can remember, I had a blast.” Lorna then scrolled down a little and clicked on a different link. It opened to whole different group of pictures. “Here are some pictures I’ve found on the web of different places in Canada. This one…” she clicked on it and when it loaded up, showed a very beautiful scenery picture of fall colors. “Are types of scenery’s I really miss most.”

Michael looked at the picture with interest. “I’ve never seen trees with this much vibrant colors.”

“Yeah and many of those trees are called Maple trees. And those Maple trees can make the most amazing syrup and other maple products.”

“I don’t follow.”

She turned to him, noting how close he really was to her. But of course he had to be in really close so he could see the pictures better. “Have you ever heard of Maple Sugar or Maple Syrup?”

“Can’t say that I have,” he said as he looked at her.

“Well they are products created from the sap of the Maple trees. Every March, when the ground begins to un-thaw from the frigid temperatures, people go out and tap Maple trees. Sap slowly flows out and drains into buckets in which would be set under where the sap is coming from. Once the buckets are filled enough one takes the buckets and boils it off. It takes a lot of sap to make one liter of syrup.”

“How much?” he asked, very intrigued by the information.

“Well I’m not exactly sure how much but as an example, if you take a four liter pail of sap and boil it down, you will only get like two cups of pure Maple Syrup. And the reason for that is because the steam that comes off the hot sap causes much of the sap to evaporate.”

“That’s not a lot,” Michael commented.

“No, it is not,” she agreed. “But the syrup is sooo good. I miss it.”

“Is there anything else that can be make out of this Maple sap?” he asked.

“Yes, there’s Maple Sugar, Maple cream spread…very good on toast and such and then there’s Maple snow cones.”

“Maple snow cones?” he blinked. “How is that made?”

Lorna giggled and smiled. “It’s when you take the fresh snow and pour the syrup on top of it and then eat it.”

Michael leaned back in his chair as he turned back to the fall scenery picture. “And Maple Syrup comes from some of those trees?”

Lorna looked at the picture again. “Yes. I’m sure in that picture there probably is Oak, Birch, Elm and other trees as well.” She moved forward and clicked on another picture, it was a picture of a beach with brown water in the distance.

Michael looked at it, sitting up. “Water is brown in Canada?”

“Only in certain areas where it’s more shallow and a lot of mud moves around with the tides. This picture I believe was taken on the East Coast near where they have the highest tides in the world. I have yet to pin point where this is from.”

“Very interesting,” he said as he clasped his hands together. “I never heard of water being a different color other than blue or sea green.”

Lorna smirked. “I have something to show you. One that I know you’ve never heard of but it’s very famous in Canada. It’s a natural tourist attraction.” She then pulled up some pictures she found on the Internet of rock formations on a beach.

Michael took an eager look at the photos she showed. The rock formations were found in New Brunswick Canada in a bay called Bay of Fundy, which was also in the area of having the highest tides in the world. The formation of the rocks made all sorts of shapes and even caves in the sides of cliffs. They were created from eons of tide evolution.

Lorna even showed some pictures of a tourist attraction from the fictional character called ‘Anne of Green Gables’ which was a story that was set in the 1800s, Canada, which was also another famous attraction many people liked to visit. For about two hours Lorna continued to show Michael pictures of Canada she found on the web and explained as much as she could of the areas she found. Michael listened as he stared at the pictures.

After awhile, he realized the time. “Goodness, it’s getting late.”

Lorna looked at the clock on the computer. “Good gracious, it is. It’s almost Eleven O’clock.”

Michael grasped her hand that was holding the mouse. He took her hand and brought to his lips and left a feather kiss on the back of her hand. “I would like to thank you for showing me these pictures of your country and answering what questions I had.”

Lorna wanted to blush, but she forced it down. She knew he was only being kind. He was very gentle and feeling his lips on her hand, made her heart thump a little faster.

“It was a pleasure,” she said. “I love telling people about my home country. I would like to visit there someday.”

“Well perhaps we can go sometime,” he said as he released her hand. “I am really curious to see how Maple Syrup is made.”

“Yeah that would be nice. But with your busy schedule I doubt you will be to go.”

“What makes you say that?” he asked. He moved his hand over the mouse and clicked the ‘x’ at the top to close the Internet screen.

“The tapping starts next month a couple weeks after the trip to London,” she explained.

“Should that matter?” he asked. “The concerts won’t start until July, I think we could manage a trip.”

Lorna gasped. “Are you serious? You want to go next month?”

“Why not?” he asked. “I am really curious to see it. And I love seeing new things and new people. I haven’t been to Canada since the early 80s when my solo career really took off. I’ll let you make the arrangements and you can be the tour guide.” He smiled.

Lorna smiled. “What about the kids?”

“We’ll take them too. They always go with me wherever I go,” he said. “I’m sure they would enjoy a trip like that.”

“But it’s cold up there and I have heard you don’t like the cold,” she protested.

“Lorna,” he said, taking her hand again. “I’m asking you to take me to Canada, to see your home. We’ll manage with the cold. I am not worried about that. You just tell us what we need and I’ll get it.”

Lorna felt like crying, but she didn’t. He wanted to go and she could tell he wasn’t going to take ‘no’ for an answer. For some reason, she had a feeling this was one of his many quirks about him. Though he was filthy rich, money didn’t bug him. He also didn’t flaunt his money either. Yeah he sometimes wore exotic clothes when he was in public for his fans, but she had also seen how much of a down to Earth guy he was. Though he showed his wealth in public when he made public appearances, he was not always like that at home.

She saw him wear baseball caps, cotton dress shirts and even sometimes-older jeans. He was a very nice man and she was surprised that he was available. One could easily fall for the man. Even she probably could if it wasn’t for the fact that he was wealthy and she was not. She didn’t find it was right.

Lorna finally nodded giving in to his request. “Alright, we’ll take a trip up there.”

He smiled. “At any time you can use the computer. Please, no need to ask. If you wish you may also set up an account on this one. This is my own personal computer. Only myself and my security touch it.”

“Michael, I couldn’t do that,” she said.

“I insist,” he said. “You have full rein of this computer. So how does make another account on a computer?”

She knew he was not going to leave room until the discussion was final. She turned to the computer and went into the settings of the computer. He watched in fascination as she created another account. She made her account limited for safety precautions. When the account was made, she could see there was now two accounts, one said Administrator and the other said her name. She quickly went and renamed the other one from Administrator to ‘Michael’. When it was done she logged off his account and turned of the computer.

Now that the computer was off, Michael stood. “You have a good night Lorna and I’ll see you in the morning.”

She gave him a nod and watched him leave the room. When he was gone, she leaned back in her chair and thought of what just happened. Michael insisted her on having an account on his personal computer and he also more or less insisted on taking a trip to Canada after the London trip.

That was going to be one trip she was going to have to plan very carefully. To show him how syrup was made, they were going to have to go someplace that wasn’t popular. Her mind began to wonder who perhaps she could call that she knew lived in Ontario. She remembered people did Maple Syrup in the region she grew up in, but did they still do that, she did not know.

Finally after several minutes of letting it sink in on what just happened in that last few hours, Lorna decided to also call it a night. Tomorrow was going to be busy. Prince was going to have some friends over and Michael would not be working either so that was going to be one day where she was going to be spending the day with Michael and the kids.
End Notes:
Just to let you all know, I am a Canadian, which is part of the reason why I set Lorna to be originally Canadian. But I can guarantee you right now, that Lorna is NOT me. I still do live in Canada. I have never really traveled to the States expect to visit my Aunt who lives in the New England states. But I haven’t been down there since 1995 and I’ve only been to the states like 3 times ever in my life for visits with my Aunt. I would also like to say that I live nearby where they have the famous rock formations and they are called Hopewell Rocks.

Below are some pictures, giving some idea on what Lorna would have been showing Michael

Hopewell Rocks
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/lady1venus/HPIM1205.jpg
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/lady1venus/HPIM1343.jpg

Fall Colors
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/lady1venus/fall-6-1280.jpg

Anne of Green Gables
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq165/lady1venus/anneofgreengables.jpg
Chapter 6 - Birthday Fun by Lady1Venus
Chapter 6
Birthday Fun

Waking to something tickling her nose was not her idea of waking up. For several minutes she tried to ignore the tickle but soon enough, she tried to brush whatever it was from her nose so she could go back to sleep. But as she would brush her face, the tickle would start again. It was beginning to annoy her so much she turned, hoping the tickle would stop, but being on her side, it didn’t stop. She turned again, back on her back only to still feel the tickle. Getting fed up at whatever the tickle was; she brushed her face one more time and opened her eyes.

At first her eyes were blurry from just waking up but as she focused a face came into view. Once the face was focused, her eyes widened. There standing before her in a nice red silk dressy shirt and black slacks was the Pop star himself.

“AHHHHHH!” she screamed. “Michael!”

She rolled away from the pale face that was in her sights. She continued to roll until her and the blankets flopped on the floor, on the other side of the bed. A sudden huge laugh came from out of nowhere. The King of Pop had decided to wake her up, though he wasn’t expecting her jump, but it was funny to say the least.

Waking early was something that was becoming of him. Michael hated having sleeping problems. He did think of getting sleeping pills but from being addicted to drugs before, he did not want to go through that again. He had showered and dressed and went to his den to work for a while and after he noticed the sun rose, he decided to wake Lorna.

He quietly snuck into her room and for several minutes watched her sleep. She had looked so peaceful as one hand was up near her head and the other under the blanket. Getting the sudden idea of acting mischievous, which he could not pass up, he stretched his hand over her face and lightly tickled her nose with his index finger.

He watched as she tried to brush whatever was bugging her several times. Each time, causing him to smile more and more and before long he was trying to hold back a giggle. She was so cute with her face scrunching up in annoyance, trying to fight whatever it was bugging her.

When she finally gave up and looked at him, he had expected her to jump, but not scream and then roll off the other side of the bed, taking the blankets with her. He could not help the laugh that blasted to the surface as she fell with the thump and an ‘ouff’ to go with it.

It took him a few moments to control his laughing before walking over to the other side of the bed to see her completely tangled in the blankets. There was not one blanket left on the bed. He held back another burst of laughter as she had a confused look on her face and her brown hair was in a major disheveled look.

“What the hell…” she cursed with near anger.

Michael knelt down to her, giggling as he went. “I’m sorry, I just could not help it.”

She looked at him, registering on what just happened. “You little bugger! Can’t you let a girl have her beauty rest!”

He chuckled some more. “Not when the girl needs to get up and get ready for a birthday.”

At that moment she was glad she was wearing somewhat of a thick nightgown, but she was sure it was tangled around her waist along with the blankets.

“Would you like some help?” he asked as he held a hand out to her.

“No!” she snapped, which caused him to giggle again. “I can handle it.”

She tried to stand up in the blankets. As she got to her knees, she lost her balance and fell forward only to be caught in the arms of Michael once again.

“I think you do,” he slightly whispered.

She looked at him with shock. “Umm…maybe I could as this is your fault.”

“Who me?” he teased. “I would never have dreamed of doing such a thing.”

“Don’t give me that bull,” she half hissed.

It took a few minutes but soon she was untangled from the blankets and standing beside him in her nightgown.

“Thank you, for the help,” she blushed.

“You’re welcome,” he said quietly. He was going to treasure the moment of waking her up. “But I still must say it was rather interesting in seeing how many times you were waving at my finger touching your nose.”

Her eyes widened again. “You tickled my nose?” She quickly gave him a punch in the arm. Not too hard but hard enough to know she meant business.

“Ow!” he laughed, as he had to catch himself so he wouldn’t fall.

“You’re not fair,” she whined as she tried to hit him again, but he dodged her fist.

He smirked at her. “See you downstairs for breakfast.” He quickly rushed out of the room as she came at him. He closed the door and held the door on her.

She tried to pull the door open, but he had a firm grip on the door.

“I’m going to get you Michael Jackson!” she half yelled through the door. “One of these days, I’m going to get you.”

He laughed from behind the door. He was really enjoying this. He had not done this in quite awhile. Not since his kids were born.

“Only if you can get me first,” he teased.

From behind the door, he could hear her huff. He waited a few minutes, as everything went quiet, to see if she was still at the door. When he faintly heard the water running from the bathroom in her room, he knew she gave up on the little chase, for now. He moved away from the door and headed downstairs.

-

Lorna carefully opened the bathroom door very carefully. She wasn’t going to take any chances this time with him being in the room to startle her again. She was fully clothed as she took her clothes into the bathroom with her. She saw no sign of the pale bugger, so she decided to venture more into the room and towards the door to the hallway. Again she opened the door with caution before venturing to the dining room. She could hear the children chattering with their father, so she knew he wasn’t going to do that trick again, at least not yet anyway.

“Good morning,” Michael said as he saw her at the doorway.

The kids turned to her.

“Lorna,” Paris called with a smile. “How are you?”

“Fine,” Lorna replied. “With the wake up call I received this morning.”

Michael raised his arms up. “I’m innocent,” he defended with a knowing smile.

“Innocent my foot,” Lorna grumbled.

The kids looked at each other with confusion. What was going on between their father and friend?

Lorna walked further into the room and stopped beside Prince. “Happy Birthday,” she said to him.

Prince smiled. “Thank you.” He looked at Michael. “Daddy, what is in store for today?”

“Well you did asked for a sleepover tonight,” the African American answered. “Shortly after supper, you can have a few of your friends over for a sleepover. In the meantime, some of my family and friends will be coming over to give you birthday wishes.”

“Will Grandpa Joe be over too?” Paris asked.

“Well you know Joseph doesn’t celebrate birthdays, but one never knows,” Michael answered.

“And who is having a birthday today?” a female voice asked.

The kids turned to the voice. “Aunt Janet!” they squealed. They rushed to the dark colored woman and hugged her.

Lorna looked at the woman and smiled. She was going to meet some of the Jackson family and standing right in front of her was the other Jackson singer, Janet Jackson.

Janet gave her kisses to her niece and nephews and birthday wishes to the birthday boy. When the kids allowed her to walk further into the room, she looked at Lorna. The kids walked back over to their chairs and sat down.

“You must be Lorna,” Janet said.

“I am,” Lorna said. “I take it that Michael has spoken of me?”

Janet laughed. “To some people Michael is not a chatter box but to me, he is.”

“Janet,” Michael half groaned, covering his face with half embarrassment.

Janet smiled at her brother and walked over to Lorna. “I’m Janet.”

“I love some of your songs,” Lorna stated. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Janet gave her a firm handshake. “I’m sure you have noticed from him,” she pointed behind her to Michael. “That sometimes he doesn’t like to be formal. Well it’s the same for me.” Janet turned and walked over to Michael. She gave him a kiss on the cheek. “How are you pest?” she asked.

Lorna raised an eyebrow at the little insult. She could see there was a strong sibling bond between the two but at the same time, they were teasing each other.

“I’m doing good brat,” he answered. “I wasn’t expecting you for another hour.”

“Well I wanted to come and see my older brother and the birthday boy first.”

“Would you like to have breakfast with us then?” Michael asked.

“Mike, you know me all too well,” she smirked. She quickly took a seat beside her brother. Lorna walked over and sat beside Paris.

Janet watched closely but not too obvious as her niece and brother’s friend quietly talked together. She also noted how Paris wrapped an arm around the woman’s arm.

Soon Kai came in and served breakfast. She served Michael his normal breakfast with vegetable juice and the kids’ pancakes with milk. Kai served Janet and Lorna bacon and eggs with coffee.

“I wonder if Aunt LaToya and Aunt Rebbie will be coming,” Prince asked.

“I think LaToya will be here afterwards,” Janet answered. “I was speaking with her yesterday. Rebbie on the other hand…”

“Prince,” Michael said. “Why don’t we wait and see who will come over today. This way you’ll know who will be here and who won’t be so you won’t have to get your hopes up.”

“Mike,” Janet said. “Have I heard correctly that you’re planning another tour?”

“You have,” Michael said. “It’s going to start in July and the beginning of next month I’m going to London to officially announce the tour.”

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “Will we be going with you?”

Michael nodded. “Yes, you will and I’ve also invited Lorna to come with us as well.”

“Really?” Paris squeaked looking at the woman. “That will so great.”

Janet looked at Lorna then to her brother. She could see he was staring at the woman. Her thoughts immediately started swimming on the notion as just how close the two were.

“Lorna,” Janet said as she turned back to the woman. “So how did you swindle the decision to stay here?”

“Besides the fact that Michael asked me to,” Lorna answered. “I fell in love with the kids. They were just too adorable to leave behind.”

Blanket and Paris both brightly grinned as Prince just gave a small smile. “Yeah and Aunt Janet, she’s very fun to play with.”

“Really? I take it you love kids?” Janet asked.

“I love kids. I wish I had some of mine own,” Lorna said. “But as the fates placed it, I guess I wasn’t meant to be a mother.”

“I think you would be a good Mom,” Michael commented with a smile.

“Me too,” Paris agreed.

“Well thank you,” Lorna blushed. She noticed that she had been doing that a lot lately.

The group continued their breakfast and once they were done and Kai began to clean the table from dirty dishes, the group walked into the family room where Katherine Jackson waited.

“Grandma!” the kids yelled and ran over to her.

“Hello darlings,” she greeted with hugs and kisses. And then handed each of them a bag of treats.

Janet walked over to greet her mother. When it came Michael’s turn, he kissed her cheek. “Hello, mother,” he greeted. “How was your drive?”

“It was alright,” she said. She looked past Michael to see the lightly tanned white woman standing nearby but far enough. “And you are?” she asked.

Lorna felt suddenly in the spotlight as the older woman looked at her. She guessed the woman was Michael’s mother and she suddenly felt shy.

“Mother,” Michael said as he walked over to Lorna and wrapped an around her shoulders. “Meet my friend, Lorna McCall. She’s been staying with me for the past couple months. Lorna meet my mother, Katherine Jackson.”

Lorna shyly extended her hand to Katherine. “It’s a pleasure, Mrs. Jackson.”

“Katherine will do,” the older woman answered kindly. “I am no longer married though I did keep my ex-husband’s name.”

“Oh, forgive me please,” Lorna apologized. “My Mom was named Katie, which I think was short for Katherine and she always taught my brothers and I to respect our elders and to use prefixes whenever possible.”

“The woman raised you well then,” Katherine lightly smiled. “In today’s day and age, there are not many people who will respect seniors.”

“I know,” Lorna said, feeling less tense as she spoke to the woman. “Most kids today can walk all over their parents and they have no respect for people older than them. It sometimes sickens me.”

Michael smiled at Lorna. He was about to say something when before his very eyes Elizabeth Taylor walked in and gave her usual cheery greeting. Lorna was in total surprise. She was now meeting another famous celebrity. Lorna again felt really shy when Michael introduced her to Liz, but the shyness quickly vanished when the older woman wrapped her arms around Lorna in a big hug.

“Michael can’t stop talking about you,” she said.

“Liz,” Michael said with a nervous laugh.

Lorna was again stunned. Michael was talking about her to his family and closest friends.

“I hope it was all good,” she finally answered.

“Oh believe me,” Liz said. “When Michael starts talking about someone, it’s always good. He often tries not to say too much negative things unless it’s about the stupid press.”

Liz saw Michael was trying to slowly side step and sneak away, but the older woman quickly snaggled his arm. “But Michael,” Liz said with a bright smile. “You didn’t tell me how good looking she was.”

“Please,” Michael tried as his cheeks gave a slight pinkish glow.

Janet quickly started to laugh as her brother was in total embarrassment. “I have to agree big brother,” she laughed. “You should have told me that she was attractive.”

Lorna didn’t know what to say as she blushed. Lucky for her, Paris walked up to her. “Lorna, can you help me with something. I have something I want to give to Prince, but it’s big and I can barely lift it.”

“Sure,” Lorna rushed out as she walked away to help Paris.

Michael envied Lorna at that moment as his daughter helped her and not him.

-

Shortly after lunch, what family was going to show had arrived. There was LaToya, Randy, Jermaine and Marlon, plus Michael’s nieces and nephews. Though most of the family did not celebrate birthdays they did come for the sake of the children. They wouldn’t do the ‘happy birthday’ deal but they would give a gift. By that time both Michael and Lorna were all done in their embarrassments, everyone was outside as the kids played. Michael was sitting under an umbrella, beside his mother.

Prince was sitting on a blanket opening presents. Paris and Blanket were sitting not too far away helping in handing out presents. Lorna was sitting on the ground as well, but close to Michael’s feet. While Prince was opening his Uncle Tito’s gift, she scrambled to her feet, getting Michael’s attention and quickly but quietly fled to the house.

She returned a few moments later with a parcel in her hands. She had purposely forgot to bring out Prince’s gift. She wanted her gift to be a surprise. She saw that Paris was about to hand another gift to Prince.

“Paris wait,” Lorna called, she walked over to the kids and knelt down on the grass. “I would like to give Prince this myself.”

Prince looked at the box with simple wrapping and colorful, but yet fancy looking bow. In reality the bow wasn’t fancy, it was just a simple bow with plain red ribbon around it. Though the ribbon was curled. Lorna had talent when it came to using scissors and curled ribbons.

“Happy Birthday, Prince,” Lorna said.

He carefully opened it up. He gave a gasp, which alerted Michael.

“What is it Prince?” his father asked.

Prince lifted the gift out of the box, revealing it to everyone of a rare Star Wars figurine from 1977, still in its original box. It was a figurine of Luke Skywalker dressed in a white outfit, holding the green lightsaber. The figure stood about 12 inches high. “Where did you get this?” he asked.

“Ebay,” Lorna smiled. “You’d be surprised what interesting mint condition things you can get.”

Michael grabbed another umbrella, opened it up and he walked over to his son and looked at the precious gift. “I have never seen anything like it. Lorna perhaps you should show me Ebay sometime.”

Lorna giggled. “I would love to.”

Michael’s siblings and mother looked at each other with each a small smile. They could see the bond that was developing between the two adults.

Lorna grabbed the wrapping paper and placed the paper in a garbage bag, which Blanket was doing. Blanket was taking all the paper and disposing of it as Prince opened gifts.

Paris then handed another parcel to Prince to open as Lorna and Michael walked back over to where Michael was sitting. Lorna now understood why Michael had an umbrella resting against his chair. It was there for when he wanted to move from his seat. There were only two more gifts to unwrap.

When the gifts were unwrapped, Prince thanked everyone for the gifts. Lorna, this time had continued to stand through the rest of the present opening, took a step forward and looked at the kids.

“Now that the gifts are opened, do you know what comes next?” she asked.

The kids looked at each other and all shook their heads.

“Well I’m sure Prince, Paris and Blanket know this one as they have had birthdays before,” Lorna said. “But the next thing after gifts is, which in this occasion can beat all types of diets of food and is one of my favorites…” she paused for a moment. “Cake and Ice Cream!” she blurted out loudly.

“Yay!” Michael’s kids shouted.

Kai then came out with a birthday cake and a tub of ice cream. She placed it on a patio table, which was near where Prince was sitting. Kai handed Lorna a knife. Though the normal traditions were to sing happy birthday, but in respect of the family, they didn’t. Though there were candles and they were lit.

Michael stood up for this and walked over to the table with his umbrella and watched as his eldest son blew out the candles. The kids were all standing around the table. Lorna then handed the pre-teen the knife and instructed him to make the first cut.

The boy happily obliged. When he made his cut, he carefully handed the knife back to Lorna and she finished cutting the cake. She was soon handing cake and ice cream to anyone who wanted any. She knew of course the kids would have some, but the adults on the other were another matter. Couple of them did as well as Michael but the others politely declined. Kai then took what was left of the cake and ice cream back into the house for the sleepover that was to come after supper.

Around four o’clock, the family decided it was time to leave. They were getting tired and they had their own things to do. The cousins said good byes to each other, as the parents were ready to leave. Soon it was just Michael, Lorna and the kids left as they still sat outside. Even Liz had decided to leave as well.

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “Can we go play?”

Michael nodded. “I suppose there is no harm in that,” he said. “In an hour though we will need to get cleaned up for supper and expect Prince’s friends over.”

Blanket nodded and rushed over towards the play area. Paris was soon following him as well as Prince. With the kids over in the play area, Michael focused his attention to Lorna.

“Thank you,” he said. “You made today a great day.”

“Your welcome,” she smiled. “I haven’t done a family birthday gathering in a long time and it was fun doing it.”

“How did you get that Star Wars item?” he asked. “It was only last week that you were going to leave. And as far as I know you haven’t used a computer until last night.”

“When you gave me some money to buy some new clothes, I had gone to the public library and went on the Internet. I had bid for that item and won it. When I sent the money away for it, I specifically asked for it to be sent in Kai’s name. She agreed to it. I didn’t want the person who was selling it to know it was your son or even you for that matter. I told Kai to give it to Prince for his next birthday. I had no idea his birthday was this soon until the day I was going to leave. The parcel came in the day after I was going to leave and decided to give it to him for his birthday instead.”

He grasped her hand with his free hand as he was still holding the umbrella. “You are amazing, you know that. I am still displeased of how you came here, but I am glad you collapsed in front of my gate.”

“Yes, well fates love interfering,” she agreed. “And thank you for the comment.”

He nodded. “You know Blanket’s birthday is next week.”

“Another birthday?” she asked. “When’s Paris?”

“Not until April,” he answered. “With tomorrow being Valentine’s Day, do you have any plans?”

“Not really,” she said. “I was usually working and being envious of the co-workers who did have loved ones to share the day with.”

“When is your birthday?” he asked.

“July thirtieth,” she answered.

Michael began to lightly laugh.

“What?” she asked, confused. What was he laughing at?

“That’s just cute,” he said with a smile. “Your birthday is the day I have the first concert.”

“You’re kidding me?” she blinked. “Your concerts are starting on July thirtieth? Oh wow.”

“Yeah,” he answered. “Quite the coincidence.”

“I would say. But I wouldn’t make a big deal out of it,” she said sadly. “I really don’t do much for my birthday. This year will be no different.”

“I’m not sure I follow,” he said as he noted the sadness.

“I haven’t had anyone to share my birthday with for three years and you’ll be on tour so I’ll be here alone as you’re taking the kids.”

Michael frowned. “Who says you’ll be here?”

“Well…ah…I…ah…you…” she stumbled on her words. She didn’t know what to say to that.

“Are you thinking that I would make you stay here while I left for London?” he questioned, taking a guess at what she was trying to say.

“Well…ah, yeah,” she answered quietly, lowering her head.

He took a step closer. He let go of her hand and hooked his fingers on her chin, lifting her chin to look in her eyes. “I could never leave you here while I went on tour for a month. That would break my heart to know you were here alone with the hired helped. The children would miss you too much, if that were to happen. No, Lorna. I want you to come with me.”

“You mean that?” she asked.

“I wouldn’t say it, if I didn’t mean it,” he smiled. “And I will not take ‘no’ for an answer.”

“I’ve noticed that,” she said sarcastically. “But Michael, I feel like I’m imposing here. I feel I disrupted your life. And I hate handouts.”

“As I said before, this is not a handout. It’s a friend helping a friend. And you are not imposing. You’re very enjoyable to have around and I haven’t had that in quite awhile. I’ve been a single parent since Prince and Paris were toddlers. And having you here, I feel younger than I have been.”

“So I noticed from this morning,” she frowned. “I’m still going to get you back for that.”

His eyes suddenly glittered in a teasing look. “I’d like to see you try. I probably could out run you.”

“Hey! Don’t you use your height and long legs against me,” she half fumed. “Height doesn’t always matter no matter if a person is a foot size difference or six inches like you are. It depends on the speed.”

“And what makes you say that?”

“I once knew a short man who was under five feet and he could run faster than me, that’s why.”

“Is that a challenge I hear?” he teased. “Besides I was a fast runner in my child days. My parents always had a hard time keeping up with me.”

Near the play area, Kai, the Nanny and Debbie watched as Michael and Lorna squabbled. Well it wasn’t really squabbling. It was the fact that he was teasing her and she was rising to the challenge back.

“I think we’re finally going to have someone who will make him happy,” Kai said quietly.

“He deserves to be happy,” the Nanny said. “He’s been so lonely.”

“I agree,” Debbie answered.

“I have known Mr. Jackson since he was with Ms. Presley and I haven’t really seen him this happy since she was living with us.”

“Well didn’t Debbie Rowe make him happy?” Debbie asked.

“For a short time but that wasn’t was real as with Ms. Presley,” Kai said. “Remember Ms. Presley is the daughter of Elvis Presley, so she’s been a celebrity since childhood. Debbie Rowe was just a long time friend which ended badly from what I gathered.”

The three women agreed on that and soon went back into the house to get ready for the sleepover that was to come and to soon get supper started. The family room was going to be turned into the camp area. Prince and his friends were going to have camp out on the floor of his bedroom. Paris and Blanket weren’t going to be allowed to join in on the fun so Lorna came up with the idea of her and Michael having a campout in the family room with other two children. That was something Michael was looking forward to.

Lorna also thought of the idea of having a camp out, so the two adults could keep an eye on the birthday campout. The family room was on the way to the kitchen and just above the family room was Prince’s bedroom.
Chapter 7 - Sleepover by Lady1Venus
Chapter 7
Sleepover

Shortly after supper, everyone had heard the doorbell ring and when the doorman answered, four young boys entered the large mansion. They were friends of Prince’s. It did not take Prince long to show his friends what he received for his birthday, being especially excited from the one from his father, Lorna and his sister. When the boys arrived, Lorna took Blanket and Paris to her room, allowing Prince alone time with his father and friends. The three were playing comfortably in Lorna’s bedroom when there was a knock. Lorna stood up to answer the door and not to her surprise it was the teasing bugger.

“What’s up?” she asked.

“I just wanted to inform you the boys have gone to Prince’s room,” Michael replied.

Blanket stood up from the floor. “So that means we can have our campout?” he asked with a rush.

Michael chuckled. “Yes, son, we can.”

Paris and Blanket smiled. “I like that.”

“What are you three doing in here?” Michael asked, crossing his arms.

“Lorna calls it ‘I see with my little eye’ game,” Paris smiled.

Michael glanced over at Lorna with a raised brow.

She giggled at his look as he was wondering what that meant. “Did you ever play with your brothers and sisters a game of picking something in a room and then say ‘I spy with my little eye, something that is blue’ for example?”

“Doing something like that does sound somewhat familiar but it had been so long ago…” he trailed off, letting her know what he was meaning.

“Well that’s what we’ve been doing.” Lorna turned to the kids. “Ok, kids, go get your pajamas on and go to the family room. I’ll meet you down there.”

“Alright!” the two chimed. They fled the room before Michael could even spit a word.

“What was that?” he asked.

Lorna smirked. “Excited kids wanting to spend some quality time with their very generous father. They so adore you.”

Michael nodded. “So how shall we do this campout?” he asked.

“You’ll see. Michael, you’re in for the evening of your life.” She started to push on him.

“Hey!” he blurted. “What are you doing?” He was trying to stop himself from being pushed out the door.

“Excuse me Mr. King of Pop, but I am a girl and I will not have you standing in the middle of my bedroom while I get changed into my pajamas.” She continued to push him.

He was able to get a grip on the doorframe, preventing him from completely leaving. For some reason, he just kept getting in a teasing mood, he literally felt like he was back in his 30s again when him and Macaulay Culkin used to play tricks and have fun.

“Michael,” she fumed through her teeth as she continued to try and push against his chest. She was trying her best to ignore the soft textures of his shirt and even the armband he wore around his right upper arm. She hoped that one day she could learn what the armbands meant. The armband he wore was a soft ivory color. “Get out!”

“This is my house,” he teased with a smirk.

“Yes, and you invited me to live here. Now the longer you stay the longer it will be to figure…” she pushed more, “what I have planned.”

“That would be nice to see,” he said. “Are you sure you want me to leave?” He could not resist. Seeing her trying to push him and her disheveled look was making her look cuter.

“Michael,” she gave a warning tone. “Your kids are going to be waiting shortly and they will wonder where we are.”

With an action she wasn’t expecting, he had braced himself to take a step back. When he did, he released the doorframe and stepped back. Not expecting his move, she nearly lost her footing and slammed her whole body against his chest. His arms were quick to be around her so she wouldn’t fall completely over.

She looked up at him. “You did that on purpose,” she whispered.

“Guilty,” he stated mischievously. “Though I wasn’t expecting you to nearly plow into me.”

“If you didn’t pull that move, I wouldn’t have plowed into you,” she answered quietly. Though she was annoyed at his playfulness, she also loved it at the same time. She also liked the idea of his arms around her. “Now, if you let me go, we can get ready.”

Michael did not want to release her. He enjoyed having her in his arms. It had been a long time for him. As he stared at her as she spoke, his mind began to swirl around in all sorts of ideas and they all dealt with having her in them. But she was a friend, he doubt that she would ever see him as anything more than a friend. He loved how she respected him as a musician but she also respected him as a father and a person. He loved his fans but being around her, helped him to see another side to people besides fans and media.

He blinked finally. “Can’t you give me a hint on what is in store for the kids?”

“If I tell you, then it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it?” she challenged. “Now the kids, I’m sure are almost ready and we’re, does that seem fair?”

He sighed and reluctantly released her. He turned away from her for a moment but then turned back. “I’ll see you downstairs. Is there anything you would like me to grab?”

“You have any extra blankets in your room?” she asked suddenly.

Michael gave a confused look. “Yes,” he answered slowly. “May I ask why?”

“Can you grab some blankets? I’ll need blankets for what I’m going to do,” she smiled.

“This had better be good,” he stepped closer to her.

“Will you just get going,” she rushed out.

Where the two were in the hallway now she quickly jumped back into her room and closed the door on him before he could stop the door from closing. She leaned against the door, holding it closed for safety.

Michael looked at the door and smirked. He looked at the bottom of the door and could see a shadow directly at the door, giving him indication she was against the door. He leaned forward, pressing his face against the door.

“Now, Miss McCall,” he said with a smirk. “Do you really think that is wise to slam the door in a celebrity’s face like that?”

“Only when that celebrity,” she said through the door. “Just happens to be my friend and who has been a real pest since last night with getting me up that tree.”

“This just happens to be my house,” he continued with a smirk.

“And your kids just happen to be waiting for you AND me to be downstairs in a few minutes, with extra blankets.”

Michael chuckled. “I’ll let you off, this time.” He turned away and went to his room to change his clothes.

Lorna listened carefully as she could hear his feet, faintly, shuffling away towards his own room.

-

The kids were waiting for like five minutes in the family room when Michael and Lorna arrived. They each were carrying a couple blankets, besides the blankets that were already laid out and a king size air mattress was on the floor.

“What is with the blankets?” Blanket asked.

Michael looked at his youngest son and shrugged. “Ask her.”

“You guys will see,” Lorna said. She placed the blankets on the floor. “Ok. Who will sleep where?”

“Blanket and I decided we’d sleep in the middle. You and Daddy can sleep on the outer edges.”

“Fair enough,” Michael agreed. “Now, if it’s all right, what is with the blankets?”

“Paris. Can you and Blanket go to the dinning room and grab the chairs and bring them in here?”

Michael quirked a brow. What was she up to?

“Okay,” Paris answered slowly. She gave a tentative look at her father before her and her brother left for the other room. She wanted to make sure her father wasn’t going to upset or something.

Lorna smiled at Michael and wouldn’t say anything more.

He walked over to her. “You are planning something and I want to know what it is. You are turning my home upside down.”

“Where’s your sense of fun and adventure?” she smirked. “I’m sure this is something you miss as a child but from what Liz says you loved to do strange things when you were a young adult. I’ll be damned if your kids don’t get the fun of something my brothers and I once did.”

Michael was going to say something more when Paris and Blanket came back in. Paris had two chairs and Blanket had one. The two set the chairs down near Lorna and left to get more.

When they were gone, Lorna grabbed one chair. “Michael, take a chair and place it on the other side of the air mattress.”

He narrowed his eyes and did as requested. He placed the chair on one side of the mattress as Lorna placed another on the opposite side. She took the third chair and placed it at the head of the mattress where the pillows were sitting. Each chair was placed with the back facing the inside.

Paris and Blanket soon came back in with three more chairs and left to get the rest. Lorna grabbed another chair and did the same as she did with the first chair. Michael again helped her with the chairs.

Michael watched carefully at what she was doing. He suddenly snapped his fingers. Realization slammed into him like bricks. “You’re making a tent.”

“Bingo!” she smiled. She grabbed one of the blankets and started to drape it over the chairs that were in place.

Seeing now what she was doing, he grabbed the other end of the blanket and helped her drape the blanket on top of the chairs. They were placing a second blanket when Paris and Blanket returned with the last two chairs.

Paris gasped. “Is that what I think it is?”

Lorna turned to the young girl. “A tent. Can’t have a campout without a tent, unless one wants to sleep under the stars. Now we have the bed, the tent…what’s missing?”

The two kids shrugged. They didn’t know.

“Oh yes, I know.” Lorna walked over to a small stereo she brought down from her room just before supper. She pulled out a couple CDs and placed them into the two-disc CD changer. Within moments sounds of nature were coming out of CD player.

“Cool!” Paris smiled. “It almost feels like we’re really outside.” She ran over to Lorna and gave her a big hug. “Thank you, Lorna, this is so beautiful. No one has ever done something like this for us.”

Lorna hugged the girl back and kissed the top of her head. What possessed to her to kiss the child, she had no idea, but she felt really close to the girl. Blanket walked over to her and quietly held his arms out. Lorna lightly smiled and hugged him after Paris moved away.

“Alright,” Michael interrupted. “What more are you going to do?” He was addressing Lorna.

Lorna looked up to see the room was too bright. “Michael, does the ceiling light have a dimmer switch?”

“Yes,” he nodded. “Would you like me to turn it down?”

Lorna nodded and then suddenly looked up to the ceiling. She gave a giggle. “I think one of the boys just fell over.”

“Maybe, I should go check on them,” Michael suggested.

“Michael, I know you’re slightly worried, but your son is growing up. You can’t protect him forever and if you go up there, being the concerned Dad, it might upset him since it’s his birthday.”

Michael sighed. “I suppose your right. Since 1999, it’s just been the children and myself.”

Lorna walked over to Michael and rested a hand on his arm. She guessed that was when his second ex-wife left him, the mother of two of the children. “You’re so used to having the kids all to yourself, I suppose it’s hard to share.”

He looked at her and nodded. “Thank you for reminding me that my son is nearing a teenager. That should be fun.”

Lorna giggled. “Just you wait when he’s too old to use masks and veils and he starts dating girls. My parents had hell to go through when my brothers would come home with a new girl each week.”

“Please don’t go there,” he whispered.

Lorna then giggled and lowered her voice. “Let’s not forget about Paris. Soon she will want to be around guys. Teenage daughters can also be a pain. I should know I was one.”

Michael looked at his innocent daughter for a moment. Sudden dread filled his heart at the thought of his daughter when she got older. She soon would be at the age where she’d want to have sex and date other boys. He so was not prepared for that. He was losing his little Princess.

“Hello?” Lorna asked. “Earth to Michael. If you come down from the cloud that just kidnapped you or a fan for that matter and get back to reality.”

Michael blinked and realized he went into a daze. “Sorry. I just got distracted.”

“I would say. Now lets enjoy this evening and not worry about the future. Tomorrow you’re going back to work on your upcoming concert.”

“Yes.” He looked around the room. “Why don’t we have some popcorn?”

“Popcorn!” the kids chimed. “Yummy!”

Lorna giggled. “Let’s go raid the kitchen to make some. I’m sure some was already made for Prince and his friends.”

“I haven’t made popcorn in many years,” Michael tried to protest. “I always had staff do it for me.”

Lorna walked over to him and grabbed his hands. “It’s about time that changed then, now isn’t it.”

The four walked into the silent kitchen. Being in the kitchen, alone, Lorna just suddenly had the overwhelming urge to do something she once did when she was living with her parents. She removed her slippers and looked at Paris.

“Watch this,” Lorna instructed. She didn’t give time for Paris to say something when the woman suddenly ran a few feet and then slid her sock feet out to slide across the floor. She slid about three feet before stopping. She turned, looked at Paris before running back into a slide stopping just in front of Paris.

“Now that’s what you call sock sliding,” she smirked. “Good thing those floors are not waxed right now.”

“What happens when they are?” Blanket asked.

“You can either one easily slide so fast you lose your balance and fall on your butt or two slam into a wall or something. Either which way, the floors are very slippery.”

Michael crossed his arms. “I take it you know this from experience?” he asked with a small smile.

Lorna looked at the Pop King. “Try slamming into the dish washer when trying to rush to the bathroom in a hurry. I’m telling you either you’ll get one embarrassing moment with everyone laughing at you or you’ll get growled at and get sent to your room.”

“That’s harsh,” Paris commented.

“Harsh to my brothers, but somehow I always ended up getting the room laughing.” She shrugged. “Unless it was because I was usually all legs and arms trying to catch myself but failed miserably.”

“That would have been cute to see,” Michael remarked.

Lorna walked over to where she knew the popcorn maker and kernels were. She was about to reach for a huge bowl when Michael reached up to the cupboard and grabbed the bowl for her. She had no idea he moved from the other side of the room.

“Cheater,” she mumbled.

“I’m not a cheater,” he challenged.

“You are when you are taller than me,” she remarked.

“Can we help?” Blanket asked.

Lorna turned away from Michael. “Sure. Paris can you get the butter from the refrigerator. Blanket you can help to pour the kernels into the machine.”

Paris brought out the butter and set it on the counter. Lorna had then asked for a bowl, which Paris went and got. Michael was watching Blanket as the boy poured some kernels into the now heated popcorn maker. Paris watched with interest as Lorna cut a chunk of butter and placed it in the bowl before taking it to the microwave and melted the butter. By this time, some popcorn was now popping out and into the large bowl Michael had brought down.

When the bowl was full, Lorna turned off the machine and cleaned it out. Michael took the melted butter and poured it over the freshly popped popcorn. When everything was cleaned back up, the group went back to the family room. Michael went and turned down the lights to a very dull lighting and the four sat in a circle eating popcorn and listened to the nature sounds on Lorna’s CD.

For a couple hours the four sat and told stories while eating popcorn. Mostly it was Lorna telling stories. If the kids weren’t there, she would have told scary ghost tales but with the kids around she opt to tell about stories she once did with her friends and brothers while growing up. Michael was very interested in what she had to say. Listening to her childhood helped him to know more of what he missed in his.

At times he wasn’t always interested to hear childhood tales but in Lorna’s case, he listened to every word. Hearing her voice was music to his ears. She was a sweet person. As she told her tales, he realized at that moment with him teasing her and listening to her, he was beginning to like her more than just a friend. His eyes saddened. He doubted he could ever have her though. She was a very charming woman.

Lorna finally stopped telling stories when she saw Blanket stifle a yawn.

“Blanket?” she called. “You getting tired?”

Michael broke out of his thoughts as he looked at his son.

“No, I’m not,” the boy said tiredly, yawing again.

Lorna softly smiled. “Blanket, how about you and your sister go into the tent and rest? If you’re not that tired then in a few minutes you can come back out.”

“You promise,” he said.

Lorna gave the tradition peace sign. “Scouts honor.”

“What is that?” Paris asked.

Lorna turned to the young girl. “It’s a phrase to a group of people who learn many things. The phrase just basically means ‘I promise’.”

Blanket tiredly crawled over to his father who cradled the boy and gave him a kiss. The boy then crawled over to Lorna and hugged her. Paris did the same before the two went over to the ‘tent’ and crawled in. Lorna crawled over to sit beside Michael.

“I give them five minutes and they’ll be out like lights. They are both very tired.”

Michael nodded. The two waited silently for ten minutes and when the two kids didn’t come out, the adults knew the two were asleep. The two then silently stood up and walked to the kitchen with the empty bowl. Lorna had decided to leave the CDs playing as the kids had found the sounds very enjoyable. The bowl was placed in the sink as Lorna went to pour herself a glass of milk. When she turned around, Michael was standing really close to her.

“I wish I could have seen your childhood,” he said quietly. “Your stories were wonderful.”

“Thank you,” she said. She side stepped him and walked over to a table that was in the room. “I mostly was telling the children.”

“I know.” He walked over to her and sat down. “I can’t say this enough, but I’m glad you stayed. The house here is so much more livelier.”

“I get that impression,” Lorna replied. “Will you be giving Blanket a birthday party?”

“More than likely. I can’t believe he’s going to be seven next week.”

“Time flies when having fun.” Lorna reached over and grasped his hand. “Michael, I love being around your children. And though you are an entertainer, I am so glad I have finally been able to meet the man behind the music.”

Michael lightly smiled as he looked into her eyes. “I love my fans, but when a fan can respect me for more than just my singing and dancing, that makes my heart soar.”

“I’ve been under the impression that Macaulay Culkin is a friend of yours.”

“He is,” Michael admitted. “I’ve been friends with him since his first movie. He’s also the God-father of the children.”

“Why wasn’t he here today?” she asked.

“He’s a movie star,” Michael stated. “I’m sure he was busy doing other things. I did speak with him yesterday and he said he would not be here, but sent his love. He also sent the boys a gift, should come in, in a few days.”

“I loved ‘Home Alone’. I laughed so hard when I watched that. I also enjoyed the second movie too,” Lorna mused. “He was good in both of those movies.”

“That he was. He was always fun having around but when he got older and the childish fun stopped. I miss those days.”

“I remember when my Grandmother was still alive,” Lorna said as Michael began to softly rub her fingers. She had no idea he was doing that. “My Grandmother was close to 90 when she died and a couple years prior to that, she would sometimes do childish things like splash in mud puddles or even get a laugh over someone falling stupidly or something.”

“She sounds like she was someone who was wonderful,” Michael mused.

“She was. She died a year before we moved to Las Vegas.”

“I’m sorry,” he said with sadness.

Lorna looked at down at their hands and saw his finger rubbing. She felt her heart swell and light butterflies suddenly were in her stomach. His touch was very soothing and relaxing but yet romantic at the same time. She wasn’t sure what she should do about it. She liked the feeling but at the same time was afraid of it. She was feeling things she didn’t think were appropriate to feel.

Regrettably, she moved her hand and stood up. She turned away from him and walked over to the sink, placing her glass in the sink. She was now able to hide her face from him as a blush finally crept to her face. It took her a few moments to get her feelings back in check before she turned around and walked back over to the table and sat down.

This time when she sat down, she was careful not to allow her skin to touch his. Michael had a feeling he had embarrassed her with his gentle touch so he decided perhaps he should keep his hand off the table so she would not feel uncomfortable.

When Lorna sat back down, she started talking about Blanket’s birthday and what to do about that on. Michael gave his input on what he done in the past. Lorna then gave some of her input on what she had done in the past for birthdays or what she had with her birthdays.

Before long it was getting late and they decided to retreat to the family room and go to bed themselves. Lorna first crawled into the ‘tent’ so she wouldn’t disturb Paris who was sleeping beside her. When Lorna was in and comfortable, Michael crawled in as well and settled down beside Blanket.

With the dim lighting still on, Michael could lightly see where everyone was positioned. He looked at Lorna and softly smiled. The smile brightened when he looked at his daughter. He loved how the girl found someone friendly in Lorna. He had just hope that he would be able to sleep this night. He hated the idea of not being able to sleep and he was afraid he was going to have to get sleeping pills or something to sleep since this concert was soon coming. He really did not want to get medication to help him sleep.
Chapter 8 - Valentine’s Surprise by Lady1Venus
Chapter 8
Valentine’s Surprise

Paris and Blanket both woke before their father or Lorna. They quietly got up and did their normal morning routine before going to the kitchen for breakfast. Since the dining room chairs were being used, the kids couldn’t eat breakfast in there. Prince’s friends weren’t going home for another couple and the younger kids figured they were sleeping. After they ate their breakfast they rushed up stairs and got dressed. They had no idea their father was awake and had been for a couple hours, but laid quietly still on the air mattress.

When the two kids left Michael had turned over and watched Lorna sleep. She looked so peaceful as she slept. He again had another near sleepless night, but he did have to admit he did sleep better than the night before. He slid closer to the middle of the mattress so he wasn’t close to the chairs. Though as he moved to the center, Lorna turned and started to stir.

She noted there was not another body right against her and from that she opened her eyes to see that only her and Michael were in the makeshift tent.

“Morning,” he said quietly.

“Hi,” she answered. “Where are the kids?”

“They got up bit ago,” he replied. “And I think they just left to go and get dressed.”

Michael raised his arm to and placed his head to rest in the palm of his hand. His elbow was resting against the pillow Blanket had occupied. “What is your plans for today?”

“Haven’t a clue,” she said. “Today is Valentine’s Day, so there really isn’t much for me to do. I’m sure the kids will have some private studies since Prince’s friends are still here.”

“The boys parents’ will be around in a couple hours,” he stated.

“Oh dear,” Lorna said as she sat up. But she quickly regretted it as she suddenly took a dizzy spell. She fell over, but luckily something soft caught her. She dizzyingly looked up to see the concerned face of the popstar.

“Are you alright?” he asked with concern.

“I just got up too quickly,” she answered. “Just give me a moment to let the spell pass.”

He lightly held her as the dizzy spell passed. Once it was gone, he could feel her muscles trying to sit up. He helped her slowly into a sitting position. “Are you sure you’ll be fine?”

Lorna turned to the man. “Yes, I will. Thank you for the concern.” Lorna reached up and began to pull the blanket down on her side from the chairs. When the blanket fell, she suddenly turned, burying her head into her pillow.

“Ah!” she squealed. “Bright light!”

Michael lightly chuckled as he adjusted to the light and then pulled down the other side of the blanket so the blankets were no longer on the chairs. He looked at Lorna and chuckled.

“You know, your eyes won’t adjust if you bury head,” he commented.

Lorna lifted her head slowly, allowing her eyes to finally adjust. “It’s just a shock that’s all. How do you do it on stage with all those blaring lights in your face?”

“Don’t think about the lights,” he answered. “Now, we better get this cleaned up before the parents get here.”

“Party pooper,” she mocked. She pushed the chairs that were next to her. When they were far enough away, she rolled off the air mattress and stood up. Though her hair was in total disarray, she picked up two of the chairs and took them back to the dining room. Michael got off the mattress too and did the same.

Before long all there was left in the family room was the air mattress. The blankets were already gone. Lorna looked at Michael with a confused expression before realizing that someone had taken them to be washed. Thumping caused Lorna to blink and realized that Prince and the boys were about to enter the family room. The boys were dressed but were completely starved. Prince went to his father and hugged him before heading to the kitchen for food.

“Good timing,” Lorna remarked. “Now about the air mattress.”

“Just leave it,” Michael said. “Someone will take care of that while we freshen up.”

Michael turned away and headed towards the stairs to freshen up with a shower and clean clothes. Once he was freshly dressed in black jeans and blue shirt, he tossed his dirty clothes to be washed. He then headed to the kitchen where Kai handed him a coffee and breakfast. He didn’t say much to the chef, of course that was normal for him. But this time his mind was on something else that wasn’t work related. He was thinking about Lorna. He had remembered what she said about not ever having a Valentine’s Day.

“Kai,” he said, disturbing her from doing her morning cooking. “I was wondering if you can set up something for this evening.”

“What would you like Mr. Jackson?” the African American asked.

The Pop King proceeded to instruct the chef on what he wanted her to do. He wanted it to be left as a surprise. When he was done explaining, Kai looked at her employer and smiled.

“I suppose I could arrange that. When would you like this to take place?” she asked.

“Right after the children are in bed,” Michael stated. “And I would like it to be in my Den, so I know there won’t be any disturbances.”

“I will make the preparations,” the chef smiled.

Michael smiled back and continued his breakfast and then went to the family area where all the kids were and gave his good morning hugs to Paris and Blanket. He wasn’t in the family room long when the parents arrived to pick up their boys. The boys said their good byes and thanked the Pop King on allowing them to stay before they left with their parents.

With the boys gone, Michael then rushed his children to their school studies. The children obliged, giving their father a kiss before leaving. Once they were gone, Michael noted he had not seen Lorna yet. Taking a chance, he walked to the computer room to see if she was there, using his personal computer. Sure enough she was there. He could hear fast tapping on the keyboard.

Too curious, he silently walked into the room, not wanting to disturb her and peered over her shoulder to see what she was doing. Being taller than her did have the advantages and the advantage was even better with her sitting down. He could see there was a webpage opened up to what was called ‘Facebook’. He had no idea what that was, but could tell that she knew.

He watched her silently for a few minutes as she continued to type. When she stopped typing, she closed out of the webpage and signed into her MSN. Now that part he was familiar with though not too well. The page wasn’t opened very long when suddenly many boxes opened up and she began to vastly typing in those. He knew she was going to be busy at that for awhile so he decided to step out of the room and go to the Den to do some work.

-

As four O’clock approached, Michael looked up, as there was a knock at the door. He stood from his desk and answered it. He knew it was not Kai or Debbie as they would just knock and walk in. And he knew it wasn’t the children as they were playing outside with the Nanny.

He opened the door to see a tired Lorna standing in front of him.

She looked at him. “Remind me, to never get behind in my emails.” She walked into the room as he offered her in and she flopped; face first, into the sofa as Michael walked over to his desk.

“Are you telling me, you’re tired from checking your emails?” he asked.

She lifted her head. “You don’t know the half of it. I don’t have really much face to face friends, but I have lots of online friends and boy trying to update them on what has happened to me without saying I’m living here with you was quite the challenge.”

“Why would that be a challenge?” he asked.

“Because most of my friends are head over heals die hard Michael Jackson fans.”

“Oh,” he stated. “I suppose that would be tough.”

Lorna laid her head back on the sofa, enjoying the sound of his tenor voice. His voice so soft and gentle, she felt she could melt. Now she knew why many fans would just faint over him. “Also, I suppose I should have just signed in, invisible and then chatted with my friends slowly.”

“I know a little of Instant Messenger as sometimes Paris or Prince will use the computer and chat with their cousins or some of their friends, but I always stay around them.”

“Well I didn’t go anywhere after work unless to the grocery store and I did that on my days off, so I had lots of time to know my way around the web and collect up online friends. I noticed your computer has all the bells and whistles of up to date security.”

“One can never be too careful,” he stated. “Even if I don’t use the computer much. But being an entertainer I do need the protection.”

“I suppose your security keeps that in line?” she asked as she finally sat up and leaned her head against the back of the sofa. Her hands felt the texture and she felt herself falling in love with the sofa. It was a nice soft velvet sofa.

“Well someone has to,” he stated. “I don’t know my way around the computer that well. I barely use the computer.”

“Perhaps after your tour, I’ll just have to show you how to know your own computer,” she stated. She looked over at the Pop King and noted how handsome he was. The soft black long hair shaping around his face, helped to bring out his eyes.

“We’ll see. I do have the plans of releasing a new album, set to be released next year.” He turned away from the attractive woman and looked out the window to see the kids were no longer outside. He also noticed it had clouded over. He made a silent pray to not have it rain. He wanted to go outside with Lorna after the kids were in bed. He turned back to Lorna as he heard her move from the sofa.

“So when will supper be?” she asked as she walked over to him.

“The kids are going to have supper before we are,” he answered.

“What? Why?” she asked, confused.

“The children have been requesting their favorite dish. And it’s a meal that I’m not fond of, so we’ll eat later.”

“Well I could eat with the children,” Lorna protested.

“I know you can, but I would like to have some company when I eat.” He kept a straight face as he spoke. He did not want to spoil what he had planned. He did hope that she wouldn’t press further on it, or his poker face would break.

“Well, I am getting a little hungry,” she said.

“Would you like a mid afternoon snack?” he offered. “Our dinner will be after the kids go to bed.”

“Why so late?” she asked. “I never have had supper so late since I was living with my parents.”

“Because I need to go out shopping for a bit and I have to wait until after six to go and I would like you to come with me. And we won’t be back until…”

“You want me to go shopping with you?” she asked, interrupting him. “I’m confused. I’ve been under the understanding you rather shop either with the children or by yourself with your bodyguards.”

“Normally, that’s what I do, but I would like you to come with me. If you are to live here, I would like to know things that you like. I mean I will have to buy you Christmas gifts and it wouldn’t be right of me to not let your birthday go by without giving you something, though we’ll be on tour at the time.”

“That’s another thing,” she exclaimed. “You want me to go on your tour.”

“Yes, is that a problem? Because I don’t see one.” He leaned back in his chair and clasped his hands together, crossing his legs.

“I’m not a wealthy person. To most people I wouldn’t even be worthy to travel on tour. If I understand this all correctly, I would be going with you, so I would be watching you sing in the best seats in the house.”

Michael nodded. “And you would have full access to back stage and see what the crew and I do just before going on stage.”

“That’s a fan’s dream come true. But why do I get such a privilege?”

He leaned forward and grasped her hand. “To me, special people can see me perform from the stage. And you are a special person. My children adore you and you actually love my children as if they were your own.”

Lorna felt herself beginning to blush again. She had no idea why she kept blushing in his company. Perhaps it was his soft tenor voice or how he would gently hold her hand and treat her with the respect that she deserved.

He noted how she was feeling embarrassed again and he guessed it was because not many people were generous to her. He continued. “We may only be friends, but to me, you are part of this family and I’m glad to have a friend who is not a celebrity. You are an ordinary person, someone that I haven’t been since I was five.”

“I don’t know what to say,” she said shyly.

“Just say that you’ll be there with me on tour and come with me tonight,” he softly smiled.

“How can I say no?” she asked.

“Probably for the same reason that I won’t take ‘no’ for an answer,” he argued. “Now, what would you like for a mid afternoon snack to hold you over until we have dinner?”

Lorna thought for a moment before telling him what she wanted. She watched as he turned in his seat, releasing her hand, and called to the kitchen for Kai to send in her order, which was just a Cesar salad and some juice. When Kai arrived with the order, Michael walked over to a closet and pulled at a TV table and set it up at the sofa.

Lorna was surprised he had at TV table, but then again the man was constantly full of surprises. She figured soon she was going to give up on being surprised. He was literally trying to be a normal kind of guy when the press wasn’t hounding him down or his career taking over.

Lorna thanked Michael as he thanked Kai. She went and sat at the sofa and ate the salad. As she ate, she saw him and the chef were quietly talking, but she couldn’t hear what they were saying. Something was up and she was curious to know. Once the two were done talking, Michael sat at the desk with a small salad for himself. The two ate silently at their salads. Michael was done before Lorna and when Lorna was finished with hers, she sat back, feeling better.

“My goodness,” she stated. “I think that’s the best cesar salad I’ve tasted in like forever.”

The Pop King chuckled as he took his empty plate and walked over to Lorna and grabbed her plate. “Why don’t we go and visit with the children before they have supper?”

“That sounds like an idea,” Lorna said. “I haven’t really seen them all day.”

The pale African American nodded. The two stood up and went to the kitchen. Michael placed the two plates on the sink before leaving and looking for the kids. He soon found them in the recreational room. The three kids were playing the Nintendo Wii system on a 30-inch LCD TV that sat on a TV stand.

“You guys have the Wii?” Lorna blurted out, getting the kids attention.

“Lorna!” the kids chimed. Prince quickly paused the game and the three ran over to her and hugged her.

Michael felt like scratching his head. The kids ran to their friend and not him. Michael didn’t get much a chance to question his children’s action when they suddenly hugged him.

“Daddy,” Blanket smiled. “We were just told that Kai is going to make our favorite tonight.”

“That’s right,” he said.

“Will you be eating with us?” Prince asked.

“Apparently not,” Lorna said. “Your Dad would like me to eat with him when he eats.”

Paris nodded. “Yeah sometimes Daddy does eat alone so I guess it would be nice for Daddy to have some company.”

Prince turned away from the adults and went back to his game. “Paris, Blanket. Did you want to continue?”

“I’m going to kick your butt,” Paris said as she also went back to the game.

Blanket looked at his older siblings and then his father and friend. “I will sit the rest of it out,” the near seven year old said.

Lorna was too curious to see what they were playing. She walked over to the sofa the two near teens were standing at. She took a seat and watched them play. Soon Michael and Blanket came up and sat down beside her. Blanket was right against her and Michael sat beside his son. It wasn’t often he would watch them play the Wii, but with Lorna watching, he figured he would sit back and watch. Besides he had a plan and it required not letting Lorna out of his sight for long.

For an hour the two adults watched as the older kids played the game system. After they were done playing the original three-player game, the two switched games to a fight game. Michael was quite impressed at how well both of his children were playing. Though during part of the game, Lorna turned away from the game and her and Blanket began to quietly play some sort of card game. Lorna had found the cards on the table beside her.

When Michael noticed Lorna was no longer paying attention to the video game, he turned his attention to what his son and friend were playing. The two were playing some sort of silent game of flipping cards. He was intrigued in the game. Just as he started to watch, Debbie came into the room.

“It’s time to get ready for dinner,” she called.

The kids moaned. Prince and Paris didn’t want to stop their game. But they knew they had to. Lorna quickly grabbed the cards and started to fix them up with Blanket’s help as Paris and Prince turned off their game.

Michael stood from the sofa and addressed his children. “Lorna and I will be going out for a couple hours, but we’ll be back to say good night to you.”

“You two going out shopping?” Prince asked. He watched his father nod.

The three kids gave their father another hug and kiss before leaving the room to freshen up. Lorna gave her famed friend an odd look.

“I still don’t really understand why you want me to go with you,” she replied. “I know you said you want to know things that I like, but I’m confused why it’s so sudden. My birthday, as you know, isn’t for five more months.”

“Can’t a friend take a friend out shopping?” he asked innocently.

“You’re up to something,” she pointed out. “And I’m going to find out what.”

Michael turned away and brightly smiled. Just before turning he felt the muscles forcing his lips to smile and he knew he had to turn away. To show that he didn’t turn on purpose to avoid her, he walked towards the door. “We better get going as the car will be waiting for us.”

Lorna wanted to hit him, but he was too far away to do it. She knew he was up to something. She knew whatever he was doing, he nearly cracked. She could see that he was trying hard not to smile and the way he turned so fast when she said the last line, that gave the proof right there.

-

The ride to town was a quiet one. Driving in the RV once again, just like the day she left for the airport but then came back. Lorna noticed though, Michael would not look at her long and she could see his face was lit up with a smirk. She also noted at they drove, she could hear screams coming from the sidewalks.

“Is it always like this when you go shopping?” she asked, finally breaking the silence.

Michael pulled out his sunglasses, covering his dark pool brown eyes. “Always,” he answered. “Just to let you know when we get out, there will be a lot of people who will try and get close to him. Just stay close to my bodyguards until you get in the building.

“People will snap pictures, won’t they?”

“Seeing as you’re with me, you can bet that will happen. It sometimes discourages the children when they come out shopping, but they keep their masks tightly to their face and rush to the building as quick as possible.”

“Michael, I’m not sure I really want to do this,” she said with sadness.

He grasped her hand. “Do not worry about it. If you wish you can wear my fedora.”

She gasped. “Your famous trademark hat? I couldn’t do that.”

One of the security guards reached out and handed the hat to Michael. The Pop Singer took the article and held it out to Lorna. She looked at the hat and she could see a set of sunglasses in the hat.

The car stopped in front of an antique shop. As it stopped, a couple security guards got out from a car behind them and started to push people away as people started to crowd around the car.

Without a second thought, Lorna placed the fedora and sunglasses on. She really did not want to be in the spotlight. She knew the time would come, but she was not ready to face the public eye. The door on Michael’s side opened and the screams from crazed fans suddenly were nearly blaring in her eyes chanting ‘We love Michael’ over and over again.

He stepped out and made his way towards the entrance of the closed store. Lorna took a deep breath and got out as well. She was surprised over the screams; she could hear whispers saying ‘who is she?’ Lorna tried to ignore them as cameras suddenly were flashing in her face. She would have fallen over from the onslaught if it weren’t for a security guard, standing directly behind her. Another security guard was pushing people away from her as she tried to make her way to the store.

Lorna’s heart was thundering so loud, she felt weak in the knees. She felt tears welling up in her eyes as she finally made it to the door. The two security guards gently pushed her through the door before entering themselves. Once the door was securely closed and locked. Lorna felt any relief.

Michael saw that she was slightly distressed. He walked over to the shop owner and asked if he could take Lorna to the back. The owner nodded and soon Michael walked over to her and escorted her to the back, where there were no windows.

Michael removed his sunglasses. “Lorna? You’re safe.”

Lorna looked at Michael before she quickly wrapped her arms around him. “Oh my god, I was so scared back there.”

“I’m sorry,” he said. He started to feel guilty on bringing her out. He held her close to him. “Sometimes the kids feel a little nervous too.”

Lorna pulled back, noting his sincerity and his guilty voice. “I should be sorry,” she argued. “I should have prepared myself more for your fans and the possible chatter bug about me. I just need a few minutes to let this to sink it.”

Michael nodded. “Take as long as you need. I will be just in the main room shopping around. I love antiques.”

Lorna held Michael’s arm. “Please just wait here with me for another moment. Looking at your friendly face helps me to have the courage.”

He lightly smiled. He grasped her hand and gave it a light kiss before replacing the sunglasses back over his eyes. He gave her hand a squeeze.

Lorna took a few deep breaths before looking at him. She couldn’t see through the sunglasses to his eyes, but she could tell he was staring at her. “Let’s go out there and enjoy what we can of this shopping. I never did shop before while the store was closed.”

“It’s the only way I can shop,” he stated. He walked out of the room and a few seconds later Lorna walked out.

Lorna kept the fedora on her head and the sunglasses on over her eyes. She was grateful that she had pulled her long hair into a bun just before leaving the mansion. At least when the broadcast got out that she was with him, people wouldn’t know how long her hair was. She carefully started to look around, doing her best to ignore the people where were screaming outside. She did not pay attention to what Michael was looking at or the fact that he would once in awhile turn to the crowd, giving him a blow kiss and his trademark peace sign. She also did not notice that he was carefully following her. He was watching her carefully to see what she liked. He would hear her mumble ‘I wish I could have this’ and then put it down and look at something else.

When it was nearing on eight, Michael paid for his purchase and asked if Lorna wanted to get anything. She picked out a couple of cheaper things and paid for them. She did not notice that Michael handed what he paid for to his security. When purchases were done, the owner walked to the door and the security got ready to help Michael to the car as there were more people standing outside then before.

Lorna watched as Michael and three security guards walked to the RV. The other two remained behind for her. When Michael was half way to the car, Lorna and ‘her’ security headed out. Again Lorna heard ‘who is she?’ ‘where did she come from?’ ‘are they dating?’ besides the ‘I love you’ chat to Michael.

She did her best to again ignore them. When she made it into the RV, she gave another shaky breath. Her friend was right there, draping an arm around her as the car engine came to life and pulled away from the curve, forcing people to move. When they were far enough away, Lorna pulled off the fedora and sunglasses and rested the two into her lap. She leaned against Michael’s chest, staying quiet.

Michael did not mind her leaning against him. He wanted to comfort her as much as possible. While she was leaning against him, his hands found its way to her bun and pulled the hair elastic out, allowing her brown locks to fall. The movement startled her as she lifted her head and looked into his deep brown eyes. She had no idea when he removed his glasses.

“I like your hair down,” he answered.

She didn’t know what to say to that. She looked out the windshield when she observed they were approaching the mansion. She straightened herself up and looked at Michael again. “Thank you for the hat and glasses. I can see this is going to be in the news. ‘Who was that girl with Michael Jackson? Is she the new love interest?’

Michael rolled his eyes. “Why can’t the media leave people alone?”

The car stopped in front of the front doors and Michael got out. As he stepped out, he inwardly groaned, it started to rain. Taking Lorna outside was now out of the question. He helped Lorna out before venturing into the house. He had a feeling the kids were in their rooms waiting for them. He had a hold of Lorna’s hand as he walked up the stairs, after removing his coat and her coat.

It took them about 15 minutes to say good night to the children before leaving the bedrooms. Once the kids were settled, Lorna was about to go and venture towards the dining room when Michael stopped her.

“Can you come with me to the Den? I left something in there.” He kept a straight face though his eyes sparkled.

She remembered he had something up his sleeve. “Michael, you have kept me in the dark all evening. What is going on?”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” He turned and grabbed her hand and walked towards the Den.

Lorna tried to stop herself from moving, but was failing. She could hear him giggling. “Michael Jackson!” she half fumed. “What the hell do you have planned?”

“You’ll see,” he lightly laughed.

Before long he stopped in front of the door to the Den. He soon opened the door and slowly walked in.

“Whatever you got, this had better be…” she stopped and stared at the room. “Good.” The room had some red paper hearts on the desk. In the center of the room was a small table with two chairs and a tray of food with a cover over top of it.

Lorna slowly turned to Michael who was now standing behind her. “Michael,” she breathed. “You did this?”

He nodded. “Happy Valentine’s Day. You said you never had anyone do anything for you, well now you can not say that.”

Tears came to her eyes again as she turned back to the table. “Oh Michael, it’s beautiful. You wanted me to get out so this could be done.”

He stepped forward and took her hand again. This time gently, barely touching. “Shall we sit to eat?”

The two sat down at the table and ate their meal in pleasant silent. When they finished the meal, Michael stood up and walked to the door. He partially opened it, grabbed something and then closed it again. Lorna gave him a puzzled look. What else did he have in mind? He walked back over to the table and handed her the package he picked up from out of the door.

She gave him a questionable look but slowly opened the package. It did not take her long to see that it was a set of three Antique candleholder. One of the very things she wanted to have but didn’t have the money for.

“Oh Michael,” she gasped. She looked up at him and the overwhelming urge to hug him, took over. She jumped out of her chair. She went around the table and hugged him. “You didn’t have to do that. Any of this.”

He embraced her gently. “I know, but I wanted to. You deserve something special as you are special.”

She lifted her head and looked at him in the face. She stared in his eyes. She was so close to him. She could feel his breath on her face. She was so close, she could nearly feel his lips on hers, but they were far enough away that they weren’t.

She felt her heart begin to race as her mind started to fill up with his lips on hers. Unknown to her, he was thinking the same thing. He could feel her breath on his face and he noted her heart began to race. The two were really close. Not sure what to do, and knowing that perhaps she didn’t feel the same, he took a step back. He released her waist and stepped a few more steps backwards.

Lorna wasn’t sure if she was glad his arms were not around her or missed his arms. But she did feel something for him and it was not a mutual friendship, it was becoming something more and it was happening fast. She had not felt like that in five years and it scared her.

“I hope you like your little surprise,” he said finally. “It’s not much, but it’s something that is worth while at last minute.”

Lorna nodded. “Thank you. Michael, you are a wonderful person.”

Michael looked at the clock to see it was after nine. “I’m thinking of turning in a little early. I didn’t sleep too well with that campout.”

“Neither did I actually,” she said. “What about the dishes?”

“I’ll take them to the kitchen,” he stated. “You just go up to your room, if you wish and enjoy your candleholder.”

Michael walked to her and lightly kissed her cheek. He so felt the urge to go lower. Lorna held her breath as she felt his lips against her cheek. With haste, she decided to leave the room and head to hers. His kiss was making her feel things she wasn’t sure if she should and she wanted to get away from him before he found out.
Chapter 9 - Confronting Awkwardness by Lady1Venus
Chapter 9
Confronting Awkwardness

Upon waking the next morning, Lorna had a sense of confusion. She still didn’t know what to make on what happened the night before. As she lay in the bed, she turned her head to the candleholders she was given. As she stared at them, her mind kept going on over on how he surprised her with the gift. Though the evening ended on an awkward note, she was thankful to him. He had given her something no one ever has given her. She was finally able to have a gift given her on Valentine’s Day.

Though she enjoyed the evening, she still didn’t know what to make of what nearly happened. Where she felt like kissing him and she had a feeling he had the same thoughts. But the two were only friends. Friends didn’t romantically kissed.

Sitting up in bed, Lorna couldn’t shake the feeling that she was feeling more the middle aged man than she should. He was after all 15 years older than her and she was raised to never date anyone where the age gap was far apart. But she was also taught when two people were in love, nothing really mattered much. So what was she to do? He was almost an adult when she was born. But he had such a childish attitude at times. And he had been hurt so badly.

Knowing she had to get up, but wasn’t really in the mood to see the man she nearly kissed, she reluctantly got out and did her morning rituals before being freshly dressed to meet the children for breakfast. Upon reaching the dining room, she was surprised the King of Pop wasn’t there. Though at the same time she was grateful. She was not ready to see him yet.

“Where’s Michael?” she heard herself asked.

Blanket glanced at the woman. “Daddy doesn’t always come down for breakfast. He does sometimes sleep in and eat later on.”

“Is something the matter?” Prince asked.

Lorna walked further into the room. “No, there are no problems. I’m just surprised is all.” And grateful to, she added to herself.

Soon Kai entered the dining room with breakfast. Lorna took a seat nearby Blanket and had her breakfast. The four ate in silence not knowing Michael had almost entered the room but seeing Lorna he stopped. His mind kept going over from nearly kissing her. He had made a vow to not trust a lot of people but yet here he was throwing his trust to the woman.

He turned away from the dining room, not wanting to disturb everyone. He had heard his youngest son speak saying that he didn’t always was there for breakfast. He made his way around to the back way to the kitchen. He saw the chef cleaning up the dishes from cooking.

“Kai,” he called.

The woman turned to her employer. “Mr. Jackson,” she greeted.

“I would like my breakfast served in the Den, please,” he requested. “I will be spending most of my day in there.”

Kai nodded. She turned to finish the dishes, questioning to herself why he would request that. He had not requested breakfast in the Den since Miss McCall arrived. Did something happen with the surprise dinner? Of course Kai did not question her employer’s requests. He might not have as much money as he once did, but he still had money. Though the tabloids would say he no longer had money except in assets, she knew better than that. He had money probably in off shore accounts and he did invest in his money.

As Kai was in her deep thoughts Michael left the kitchen and made his way to the Den where he began to do some work with his upcoming concerts. Since he no longer had Neverland, he no longer had his own recording or dancing studios, which meant he was going to have to rent a location to prepare for the concerts. He wished he still had Neverland, but it was tainted and he could never go back there. Neverland no longer existed. His childhood was now truly gone. He no longer was able to see the childhood he lost through other children. Yes, he had his own children, but he was raising him. It wasn’t the same. Though with Lorna around, he felt his childish antics returning like it once did when children was constantly around him.

He was so deep in his thoughts, he had not realized time went by and now Kai was in the room, serving him breakfast. He looked at his desk, noting he had opened nothing. He soon made room for the tray of food. As he began to eat, he glanced at Kai who was still in the room.

She could see he was looking at her. “Mr. Jackson,” she said. She couldn’t keep her silence. “If I may be bold, did something happen last night?”

Michael stopped and gave her his full attention. “Meaning?” he asked. He was asking more on what she was referring to.

“The surprise dinner. Did she like it?”

“Yes,” he answered. “We are friends Kai.”

The tone he used, Kai knew not to press the matter further. He might have had a tenor voice, but he could mean business when he wanted to. She turned away and left to do other chores. She would have gotten Debbie to serve the breakfast but the woman was currently helping the children with their studies. Debbie was the hired private tutor.

-

When studies were over for the day, Paris went to family room to watch some TV. Blanket went with the Nanny to the play area and Prince wanted to play a video game. As she turned on the TV, she was just about to switch the station when a news report.

“Coming up shortly, in the program,” a woman was saying. “Michael Jackson was out shopping last night and this time he had a woman with him. She was wearing a hat and sunglasses, completely covering her face. Who is she is what the word on the street are saying.”

“That is a good question,” a man said who sat beside the woman. “Who was that woman? Well we’ll have to see. That is to come in the next hour.”

Paris muted the TV and quickly rushed to get Debbie. The woman was setting the dining room table for dinner, which would be in a couple hours. She saw the frantic girl. “What’s wrong Paris?”

“Quick. Daddy and Lorna have to see this. They are both going to be on TV.”

“What? Really?” Debbie questioned. “Must have been from last night. Lorna is in the computer room.”

The young girl turned and rushed down the hall to the computer room where she frantically told Lorna. The woman got worried suddenly and told her friends she would be right back and went out with Paris. Meanwhile Debbie went to the Den where she knew her employer was and told him. He was quite curious and he soon found himself in the family room.

As she walked into the room, he saw Lorna and seeing her the near kiss suddenly was thrown into his mind again. He had been able to forget about that until now once he buried his head into his work. Paris rushed to the TV and turned the volume on.

“Now for the report all you Michael Jackson fans out there are asking,” a woman, the same woman as before, said. A picture of Michael Jackson popped up on the screen. “The Pop singer, Michael Jackson was seen last night shopping at an Antique store. Normally that is something we see normal for him. But this time instead of his three masked children, he basically had a masked woman with him.”

“Yes,” the man from before agreed. “Who is she? And where did she come from?” A video clip of Lorna getting out of the RV appeared on the screen. “As you see she’s wearing one of Michael Jackson’s fedora hats and sunglasses. Was she hiding herself from the public, not wanting to get pictures or she a new love interest to the Popstar?”

“Earlier today we went out on the streets and asked around,” the woman replied.

The screen then switched to showing people on the streets.

“Who knows who she was,” an Asian looking lady answered. “I saw her enter the store with Michael Jackson and she seemed quite nervous as I watched the two go into the back for a few minutes but came out a few minutes later.”

Another woman was shown who had many piercings on her face. She had jet black dyed hair. “I think she’s a new love interest. I would love to be in her shoes right now.”

A young punk guy appeared on the screen. “Dude, she’s probably just some sort of gold digger.”

“I am not!” Lorna blurted angrily, getting everyone’s attention. “That is so far from the truth! I would never dream of doing that!”

“What’s a gold digger?” Paris asked.

“Someone who is with someone just for money,” Debbie quietly answered.

Michael walked over to the angered woman. “I know you’re not.”

Lorna turned her attention to another person who was on the TV, who was another guy. “I think she probably wants a sugar daddy. You know someone to take care of her. God knows Michael loves to throw his money away.”

Lorna was now fuming. She felt betrayed, but she wasn’t. She also felt humiliated. “I can’t believe that!”

Michael took a step back. He could tell she was angry and he really didn’t want to see her get any angrier. “We know that isn’t true,” he tried politely.

Lorna turned to the man. “Michael, how can you stand here and say that. They know nothing…” she trailed off. That is exactly what the media had been saying about Michael for years without knowing everything about him.

Michael turned his head towards his daughter. “Paris, turn off the Television, please.”

Paris did as asked and she turned off the TV. She was slightly nervous as she never seen Lorna upset like this before. Debbie placed an arm around the girl for comfort. She leaned down to the girl’s ear and whispered something. The girl agreed and the two walked out, leaving Michael to deal with the upset woman.

“I can’t believe you allowed them to walk all over you like that,” she fumed.

“I have tried to tell people not to listen to that garbage, but they still do,” he defended.

“That’s no the same thing,” she said angrily. “Can’t you do something about that?”

“What can I do?” he shrugged. “People are entitled to their opinion.”

“Now when those opinions are just things they are just assuming,” she defended. “We have to do something! I will not stand here and allow your name to be tainted then it already is.”

Michael’s heart felt lighter than air at her words. She really did care for him and he could see how much she was displeased in how people talk about him. He saw tears welling up in her eyes. She was truly hurt by that broadcast. He stepped forward and rested a hand on her shoulder.

“It’s not fair,” she argued.

“No,” he agreed. “It’s not fair. I have yet found a way to stop the gossip and stupid rumors.”

Lorna turned away from him as her tears tracked down her cheeks. “I’m sorry,” she quietly said. “I didn’t mean to blow up like that.”

“You have every right to be angry,” he said in his soothing voice. “I had hoped last night’s trip out wasn’t going to make the news, but I was wrong and for that I’m sorry. I should have taken you somewhere else.” Both of his arms reached up and lightly wrapped on her shoulders.

“If you excuse me,” she said. “I would like some time alone.” She felt comfort with his arms on her shoulders, but at the same it was making her nervous.

Michael gave a look of sadness. She was hurting and she didn’t want his comfort. “Lorna, I’m here if you wish to talk.”

“I know…Thank you.” She moved herself forward and left the room. She had to get away from. From still feeling on what happened the previous night and now she was on the news, she had to escape. She knew keeping a secret that she was staying with Michael Jackson wasn’t going to last much longer. She was going to have to talk to him about that.

She rushed to the computer room and went back online with her friends where the conversation with a couple people started to question her on if she had seen the latest news report about a possible new girlfriend to Michael Jackson. Lorna really didn’t know what to say but at least part of the truth of seeing the report.

-

At the supper table, Paris had a feeling on what was going on. Her father and friend were barely speaking when they were in the room together. The young girl had been watching her father and friend closely and seen how close the two were getting, but now they were barely in the same room together. And it all started sometime after she went to bed the previous night when they had dinner together.

When meal was over, Paris watched was Lorna excused herself. When the children were allowed to leave the table, Paris quickly got up and searched for Lorna. She tried the computer room but the woman wasn’t there. She wondered where the woman was. She walked to the kitchen only to find Debbie sitting at the small table working on something for Blanket’s birthday that was in a week.

“Debbie,” the girl said. “Have you seen Lorna?”

Debbie looked up to the girl. “Miss McCall said something about wanting to relax in her room after supper. That news report really bugged her.”

“Thank you,” the girl smiled. She turned and walked away, heading up stairs to the woman’s room. Paris did not have to knock long when Lorna answered the door.

“Hello, Paris,” Lorna greeted. “Is there something you want?”

“Can we talk?” the child asked.

Lorna offered the girl in the room. “What’s on your mind?”

“Daddy,” she answered. “I’ve noticed you and Daddy are not talking much today and I was wondering if something is wrong.”

“There’s nothing wrong,” Lorna half lied.

“Lorna do you like my Daddy?”

Lorna was taken aback. What brought this on from the daughter? “Well I am your father’s friend.”

“That’s not what I mean. Please don’t put the innocent act on. I’m smarter than I let on. I’ve noticed how you and Daddy have gotten real close. I’ve seen how he looks at you sometimes. But today you guys are like avoiding each other.”

“Sweetie,” Lorna said kindly. “What happens between myself and your father is our business.”

Paris gave a look of disappointment. “You like my Daddy don’t you? You like him enough that he seems more than a friend and that’s why you’re basically avoiding him. I may be ten but I’m not stupid.”

“No one said you were,” Lorna defended. She could tell the girl was getting upset. “What would you do if I did like your father?”

“You mean like my Daddy more than a friend? I wouldn’t care. I would love it. Daddy needs someone. He’s so lonely and he hasn’t been with anyone really since I was born. Though there is Blanket to consider, but I never met his Mommy. I don’t even know my own.”

Lorna thought on what the girl was saying and realized the girl was right. Lorna did like the Pop King more than just a friend. That near kiss basically proved it, but did he feel the same?

Lorna gave a sigh of defeat. She grasped the girl’s hand. “I do like your father, more than I should.”

“Then what’s the problem?” Paris asked. “If you like Daddy, go after him.”

“It’s not that simple,” Lorna argued. “I don’t know if he likes me the same way. Besides, it doesn’t feel right in wanting to date your Dad when he’s a celebrity.”

“That doesn’t matter,” Paris stated. “If you like my Daddy or even love my Daddy, you should tell him. He does have feelings. Besides what if Daddy likes you?”

Lorna lowered her head. “I doubt he would like me in that way.”

“You don’t know that. From what I see, he considers you a special friend.”

“He has told me that,” Lorna admitted.

“Can you at least give my Daddy a chance?” Paris pleaded.

Lorna looked at the girl and couldn’t help but bend to her will. “Alright, I will. But can you promise me something? Can we keep this between the two us?”

The girl nodded. She reached over and hugged Lorna. “I would like to see you with my Daddy.” Paris stood up from the bed and left before Lorna could react.

Perhaps Paris was right, perhaps she was being a little foolish about avoiding the man. Of course Michael also seemed to be a little distant too, unless he was doing it to give her space. She knew she had to speak with him about it. But he was probably too busy to talk and she didn’t want to disturb him. She would wait until later when she knew she could get him alone with being disturbed.

Why was she feeling like a young teenage girl with a school crush? She was over the age of thirty and he was fifty. They were both grown adults, they shouldn’t have to shy away like school children. She did wonder if he did like her like the way she liked him. And the more she thought about it, she didn’t care there was 15 years difference between them. If two people loved each other, age was never a factor.

Lorna did have to admit to Paris being brave enough to come to her and tell her basically it was ok for her to date the girl’s father and that she was hoping it would happen. She also had to admit Paris did have a good eye. The child had hit Lorna’s feelings right on the nose. Lorna was actually falling for Pop King and she couldn’t stop herself.

Remembering that it was after supper, she decided to speak to Michael, she got up and headed towards his Den, where she had a feeling he would be. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer. When she got her answer, he lightly smiled at her.

“This is a pleasant surprise,” he greeted. When he heard a knock, he had forced his feelings to hide away once again. He didn’t want people to see his vulnerability.

“I’m sorry to disturb you, but I need to talk to you,” she said. She was really nervous.

Michael noted her nervousness. He allowed her in and walked back to the desk, putting his papers away. “What can I do for you?” he asked. He noted that her attitude was somewhat different from the news report.

“Michael,” she started. “Last night…I…we…” she stumbled over her words. She lowered her head.

He realized what she was trying to say. He walked over to her and gently cupped her chin with two fingers. He gave a little pressure for her to look at him. “Are you ashamed of me?” he asked slightly feeling hurt.

Lorna’s eyes widened. “Oh god! No! I could never be ashamed of you. You are a good person. I would be your friend even if you were poor, wondering if you’d be able to keep food on the table.”

“Then why is it you seem nervous?” he asked. He was relieved to know she wasn’t ashamed of him.

Lorna took a few deep breaths. She turned away from him. “I’m confused. I don’t want to hurt you nor do I want to lose your friendship. It’s been a long time for me to have a physical guy friend and it slightly scares the hell out of me.”

He nodded in total understanding as he stared at her back. He raised his hands up to rest against her shoulders. “I can understand that. You did say that you didn’t have many friends.”

“Michael, when we had dinner…” she paused, “I don’t know…I’m just wondering…what happened…or almost happened…”

Michael thought to their private dinner and his urge to kiss her. He had a feeling that was what she was trying to say. They nearly kissed. “Honestly,” he said quietly, sending his tenor voice into a more shy quiet tone. She was able to hear the sound from his younger years. “I’m not sure myself,” he admitted. “I have been thinking about last night and trying to rationalize things.”

She turned to him. She had to see for herself of the man who once had a really quiet voice. “We’re friends right?” she asked attentively.

“We are friends,” he assured. “I’m not looking for romance.”

“Neither am I,” she agreed. “I’ve had too many bad relationships and they’ve always ended badly. I don’t want to be hurt again.”

“Lorna,” he said gently. “I would never do anything to hurt you or something that you’re not wanting to do. That isn’t me.”

“I know. But you know yourself, habits are hard to break.”

He nodded. “We are friends and that’s all we need.” He wasn’t sure if he was saying that more for himself or to her. He did feel a little disappointment, but at the same time he felt he needed to give her space.

Lorna nodded and then hugged him. “I hope you can understand,” she whispered.

He took the chance and lightly kissed her head. “I would never push you into something you don’t want.”

She felt his light kiss but knew it was only a comfort gesture, but it still didn’t stop her heart from nearly skipping a beat. He was so gentle. She pulled up. “I better let you get back to your work. Next week is Blanket’s birthday and of course there is the trip to London.”

Michael nodded. “There are no hard feelings?”

“No,” she agreed. She turned to leave but stopped and turned to the man. “Before I leave, I think there is something we should discuss. From that report earlier, I don’t think we can keep me living here a secret for much longer.”

“I agree,” he admitted. “But if the world knows you’re staying with me, they will still assume you and I are dating.”

He watched her lower her head. “I know. I don’t like it. They don’t know anything about me. They don’t even know who I am. Though soon I’ll have to register myself in living in the state of California.”

He nodded. “Only when you’re ready. I won’t do anything without your knowledge first.”

She nodded. She turned away from him again and this time did manage to walk out.
Chapter 10 - Emotional Breakdown by Lady1Venus
Chapter 10
Emotional Breakdown

Author’s Notes: The Arviso family is mentioned here and I have fictionally gave them a change in lifestyle. May I repeat what is mentioned in this chapter about the Arviso’s is pure fiction.

She was taking a walk around the mansion. It was late and she knew the kids were already in bed as was the staff of the mansion. As she walked, she walked past Michael’s door. She could hear soft noises coming from in the room and they slightly disturbed her. She stopped and turned back to the door of his room and gave a slight tap.

“Michael?” she asked. “It’s me Lorna. Mind if I come in?”

She could hear some shuffling in the room and a moment later the door opened. Standing before was a vulnerable man. She could see his eyes were red. Even his pale cheeks were a little redish. He was wearing a red set of pajamas.

She could tell he was crying. But for what reason? She did not know.

“Michael, what’s wrong?” she ventured.

“Nothing,” he answered quietly.

“Michael I’ve known you long enough now to know when I see red eyes, something is wrong. Please tell me. I want to help.”

Michael turned away and walked further into room, but kept the door opened. Lorna stepped inside, seeing that it was an invitation to walk in. She quietly closed the door and looked around the room. She was simply bedazzled of the room.

“Oh Michael, you’re room is beautiful. Looks like something befitting for royalty.”

“Thank you,” he answered quietly.

She watched as he walked over to his window. His arm raised up to lean against the window and he leaned his head on his arm. She noticed he was being very quiet and it was something that wasn’t like him.

Since she had got to know him, he was quite the chatter bug. And he was nothing like what the tabloids said about him. She stepped further into the room, ignoring the elegance of the room. He was upset and she knew it.

“Michael?” she ventured. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“I don’t know,” he answered. “I don’t know what to do anymore, sometimes.”

Lorna kept walking over to him, until she was finally standing directly beside him, nearly touching his arm that was resting at his side.

“I feel like that sometimes,” she said softly. “Did something happen today?”

“Old wounds,” he answered. “Have you ever had days where you just wish you could disappear and never return?”

“Of course,” Lorna replied. “But then I would later think on who would miss me most. That was when my Mom was still alive.”

A tear rolled down Michael’s cheek, his eyes were closed. “I love my children, very much, but I’m tired.”

Lorna took a chance and lightly touched his hand. She twisted her body somewhat to lean against the wall so she was more facing him. She raised her other hand up and rested against his face. The movement caused his eyes to open and look at her.

“You have lived a life that you shouldn’t have had to endure. I wish I could take your pain away,” she admitted. “You deserve to be happy and not just for your kids. Your best happy times were before your ‘Dangerous’ album.

“I don’t pretend to know your whole life media story and frankly I’m not sure I really want to. Or at least the media’s point of view. From what I’ve seen you’re a decent, kind man who never deserved such punishments.”

A few more tears slid from his eyes as he watched her. Her words and pretty face was forcing those hidden hurt feelings back to the surface. He was already upset as it was from the News broadcast, but he had to stay strong for the kids and Lorna as she was emotionally hurt by it. When the children were in bed, he went to his room to cry.

Lorna lightly brushed his tears. “Michael, it’s ok to cry. You are no less of a man if you do.”

Michael tried to crack a smile at her sincerity but his lips wouldn’t move. He stared at her and remembered the day he watched from his den window as she played with his children, which was just before she was going to leave, but didn’t. He could see she had a love for children.

More tears fell from his eyes. “How much do you know what the media put me through?”

“I know you nearly went to trail in 1993 and you of course that pain in the ass trail in 2005. I prayed for you, everyday during that. I really didn’t pay attention to your problems in the 90s. You know how it is to be a teenager.”

Michael slowly nodded as he could remember his teenage years. He had seen many teens his age were going out dating and having fun while he was with his brothers, toured. He loved being on stage but he wished to have had a childhood. He missed those years and he was going to be damned if his kids missed out. He loved his kids so much that most days it was more than his music.

He could feel the dam breaking. The dam of his pent of emotions of everything, but he didn’t want to release them in front of her. She was too nice to know his emotional baggage. He removed his head and arm from the window and grasped her hand from the side of his face.

“Please,” he quietly pleaded, nearly in a whisper. “Don’t do this.”

“Michael, I am your friend,” she whispered. “Friends help each other and friends are there to have a shoulder to lean on as well.”

She removed her hand, turning it just so, to grasp on his hand. With his hand in hers, she moved away from the window, forcing him to go with her. Walking to the bed, she sat on down, making him do the same. He looked into her eyes and he could see the sincerity. He had been hurt so many times it was unreal. As he continued to stare, he felt the floodgates were opening.

Lorna on her part released his hand and just sat her hand on his red clad pajama leg. The texture of the material was so soft and silky; she was beginning to love the feel of it under her fingertips. “I’m here for you,” she whispered.

With a sudden force, and before either one knew it, he had snapped his wrist around, grabbing her hand and then pulled her to him. It was so fast and so sudden Lorna couldn’t stop herself, even if she wanted to. He pulled her close to him and hugged her tightly. With his head lying on her shoulder, nearly buried in her hair, he cried.

It did not take Lorna long to realize she had just met the vulnerable side of the King of Pop. She brought her arms around his back and hugged him tightly back. One hand was around his silk pajama shirt and the other was softly touching his soft black hair. With his head on her shoulder, her mouth was close to his ear.

“Let it out,” she whispered in his ear. “I’m not going anywhere.”

He continued to cry and listen to her sweet voice, whispering comforting words in his ears. He was a broken man and she wasn’t degrading him. In fact she was encouraging him to release that pent up frustration. He continued to cry until he was finally spent out and when he finally stopped, he still continued to hold her tightly, not wanting to let her go, in fear she was just a dream.

When she realized he was finally starting to get back under control of his emotions, she tried to pull away, but he held her fast.

“Don’t go,” he whispered. “I…” he couldn’t get the words out.

“I’m not leaving,” she managed to get out. “I’ll stay as long as you want me to.”

Michael slowly nodded on her shoulder and finally lifted his head up. His arms released her back and she was finally able to sit up.

She looked at him and saw he was trying to hide his fear from his eyes.

She grasped his hand, linking her fingers with his pale ones. “Don’t hide,” she said. “I want to know the real Michael Jackson, the King of Pop. And the real Michael Jackson is an African American man with a skin disease and he has so much love in his heart that some days it cannot be contained within himself. He loves children and sometimes can seriously have a childish side. He also has three beautiful children all named after him Prince Michael the First, Paris Katherine Michael and Prince Michael the Second. And those same three children give you unconditional love everyday.”

His eyes widened as she spoke highly of him and his children. He was amazed at her speaking words about him and his family, made feel like he could take the world on once again.

“But you don’t know everything about me,” he tried to defend.

“Excuse my language for this, as I know you don’t like it, but what the tabloids said about you is just such horse ****. You deserve better. Those kids deserve better. Some days I wish I were as rich as you if not more but then other days I’m glad I’m not. If I were, I wouldn’t have a shred of privacy left. And as far as I can see that is exactly what you were trying to do. You were trying to keep yourself private, but then all those ****ty lies happened and it forced you to talk about yourself and by then it was too late.”

“But you don’t know what I had to endure when I was arrested or what happened to the Neverland Ranch or even what I had to go through during the trial.”

“I would like to know what happened to you when that happened but those are your own personal thoughts and feelings and I don’t want you to feel pressure. I am not the tabloids or the media. I am not a crazed fan who wishes to strip your clothes off.”

At the mention of what some fans ripping his clothes off, he gave a slight blush.

Lorna did not miss the blush and she found that it made him look cute. “You’ve had to put up a façade for so long,” she continued. “That you might have forgotten what it’s like to be a person.”

“I don’t allow what has happened to me to affect my fans. I want to stay strong for them.”

Lorna nodded. “Michael the decision is yours and yours alone.”

Michael thought for a few moments, allowing silence to rein through the bedroom. She was becoming too important to him to keep his past bottled up. Besides most of his past was public knowledge anyway. The only thing that was public knowledge was his true feelings and he wasn’t going to let those out for all the tea in China.

“Lorna,” he finally said. “I don’t want to keep you in the dark. Though you had fallen at my doorstep, not knowing where you were, you have changed my life and my kids and I don’t want that to change.”

“And it doesn’t…” she tried, but he quickly laid a finger against her lips, silencing her.

“Let me finish,” he stated. “Mostly what has happened to me in that 2005 trial is what I keep bottled up most. But I also keep bottled up on how I truly felt in 1993 I was subjected as a guinea pig. It made me sick and feel real dirty. But I didn’t allow it ruin me. And you make me feel like I live again after all those allegations and what I had to endure.”

He removed his finger, allowing her to speak. “Michael, I’m not going anywhere,” she stated again.

He watched as her eyes gave him a different sign than what she was giving him. He recognized the look, as it was something he would often give when his back was bothering him, which it actually was.

“You’re back is bothering you?” he asked.

Lorna blinked and realized that he could see her discomfort through her eyes. “Yeah,” she answered. “I didn’t want to tell you as…”

“Then lay down,” he stated.

“But…”

He slid his body up the bed and laid his head on the pillow. Her eyes widened in shock at his silent invitation. He was offering her to lie on his bed. She took a deep breath and slowly slid herself up on the bed and laid on the other pillow. She kind of felt uncomfortable lying beside him on his bed, but he was allowing it so she knew she didn’t have too much to worry about.

“That’s better,” he answered quietly. “My back was beginning to bother me.”

“Ah,” Lorna answered, not sure what more else to say. She was leaving the floor opened for him to speak. She had said everything she could say for now. She knew he had an emotional trial and probably some that led up to the trial.

The two were quiet for a few moments, staring at each other. Finally he broke the silence again. “It all started when I met a boy who was dieing of cancer. His dieing wish was to meet me. I helped him and his family and allowed them to stay with me,” he explained. “Before we knew it, he was completely cancer free. I continued to allowed the family to stay and that was when things began to go astray.”

She watched him carefully as he opened the floodgates of truth. “What happened?” she asked.

“They betrayed me. While I was away, they abused their privileges. They vandalized the property and destroyed some of my precious things. When I returned I saw what happened. I had no choice but to have them leave.” He remembered back to when he saw the damage. His black leather guest book was ruined, which had many names including celebrities and some of the names were people who were no longer alive.

“I’m sorry. They should have been punished for abusing your hospitality like that.”

“I thought it was over until the day came when the allegations started that I molested the boy who had cancer and gave him alcohol. I was arrested and was treated very badly. I’ve had back problems since then and my shoulders were badly wounded as well. While I was being held, 70 cops raided Neverland, destroying the innocence of the place.”

As she listened, tears streamed down her face as he spilled his darkest secret emotions. She couldn’t believe he was used like that. He was a kind man. As she spoke tears shimmered in his eyes again and she saw this. She had reached forward and grasped his hand. He gripped her hand and continued talking, allowing the tears to fall and not hide them. He did not care he was dampening his pillow. All he cared was telling her the truth.

“But that was no the worse, the worse was under oath that family testified against me saying they were prisoners in Neverland and I would never let them see the time. That is so full of lies it’s unreal. Neverland was full of clocks. Nearly every hundred feet there was a clock. Each room in the house had at least a half a dozen clocks. And they were spending my money while I wasn’t there and leaving the property so why would I force them to stay on the ranch?”

Her heart bled for him as he bared his true soul to her and how he actually felt and how sometimes it would still affect him to this day. When he finally stopped, she knew it was time for her to say something.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered as tears still fell from her eyes. “I wish I was there for you throughout the trial. And I’m sorry you had to abandoned your dream hideaway. Neverland was your life.”

“It was,” he answered. “But after they raided the place, I couldn’t remain there any longer. So I sold it so I wouldn’t have to keep paying the bills for something I wasn’t using. The good name of Neverland has been destroyed all because of that raid and it sickens me that police officers did that.”

Her hand moved out of Michael’s hand and she rested it against his damp cheek. “You’re children must have been scared at the time.”

“They were,” he admitted. “Blanket was just a baby so he won’t ever remember. But Paris and Prince, I’m not so sure. So I have dedicated the last couple years in trying to have them forget all that to be safe.”

“Who was this family that betrayed you?” she asked. “I knew of your trial and why but I didn’t know who caused the problem.”

“The Arviso’s,” he answered.

Lorna’s eyes widened. “Are you serious?” she watched him nod. “I have heard they are money swindlers. And just recently they have been arrested for trying to swindle money.”

“Where did you hear that?” he asked, slightly intrigued.

“When I was living in Vegas. There was a wealthy family who took them in because one of the teenagers was said to have had cancer. But it was soon found out they were the same family that swindled you. And they were arrested.”

“I don’t normally say this,” he said. “But good. I hope they get what they deserve and that is one hell of a hard trial and they will know what it’s like.” He was being honest and normally he did not like seeing people in that sort of situation, unless they really deserved it. And the Arviso’s family did.

Lorna nodded. “If you don’t mind me asking, but what brought your onslaught…” she wasn’t sure how to ask her question but she was really curious. “Why did I find you so upset?” she finally managed to get out.

“That news broadcast where you were upset.”

“Yeah, about that. I’m really sorry for my outburst. I shouldn’t have done that in front of Paris. It was wrong of me.”

His hand rose up and lightly touched her hand on his cheek. “Don’t worry about it. You have every right to be upset when you did nothing wrong, expect to conceal yourself.”

She looked at his hand and she could see a faint scar on his upper arm. “Michael, you have a scar on your arm. Where did you get that?”

Michael blinked before realizing an old wound was visible. “It was when I was arrested. I was treated me like I had resisted arrest. They even hand cuffed me higher on my arms than they should have. And it’s why my back hasn’t been the same. They literally treated me like I committed murder. Also what happened earlier brought back another unwanted memory.”

“What memory of that?” she asked, but then quickly regretting asking.

“Back in 1993, I was forced to stop my Dangerous tour earlier than expected. It was for the first molestation allegation. They had a warrant to search my body.” He took an uneasy breath of air.

“Search your body? You mean as a strip search?”

“Worse,” he admitted as he tightly closed his eyes. “They photographed me in places that no person should be photographed.”

Lorna gasped. “You mean they took pictures of the areas that make you man?” she asked in disbelief.

He slowly nodded. “I had no choice,” he choked out. “The allegations were forced a boy to see me in the nude. The boy then told the police I had blotches still from my Vitiligo. But after they search and photographed me, they still wanted to take more, but they didn’t. The boy and his family lied about what I looked like.”

“What is Vitiligo?” she asked, trying to keep her anger in check.

“A skin disease that destroys pigmentation of the skin. Some, it takes years while others such as myself it took a short time. By 1993, my pigmentation was nearly gone and it started around 1983. I still have the odd spot here and there.”

“Is this common in African Americans?”

“Yes,” he nodded slowly. “And my family gene is known for it.”

Lorna gasped again and quickly scooted closer to him, forcing his eyes to open and see that she was only a couple inches from him. “Those *******s,” she whispered.

Michael took the chance and wrapped his arms around her again, pulling her tight against his body and just held her as he allowed his breathing to return to normal. With telling her everything, he felt light headed.

“That was a long time ago,” he replied quietly in her ear. “I have been able to move on from that. I had even made a media statement of that and showed to the public how disgusted I was of it, but allowed it to happen. If I had denied access, they would have thought me guilty.”

“Now I wish I had watched TV more than played around with my other friends. I would have wrote to you, I’m sure and said how I sorry I was.”

“You being here now is all I need,” he admitted. He felt a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He had a feeling God was working his magic. He began to feel that Lorna’s kidnap and her runaway was fate. He felt that her collapsing in front of his home was fate. That she was to become his friend.

He felt such ease with her. He was beginning to fall in love with her. He knew of his attraction towards her and that attraction was vastly becoming stronger and turning into something that he didn’t want to stop. He hoped that she could feel the same for him as he was starting to feel for her, but only time would tell. All he knew right then and there was that he wanted her in his life, but he would wait. For now he was content in just having her with him. And now he knew why he almost kissed her the other night.

“Lorna,” he said after a few minutes of silence. “With your permission, I would like you stay here with me.”

“I am living with you, now,” she answered.

He moved a little to stare at her in the face. “No, I mean here. Share my bed with me for tonight.” He heard her take another intake of breath. “I’m not asking for sex, I’m just asking to have you fall asleep in my arms and wake up with you in the morning. I’m only asking for this one night.”

She was speechless. “I…I--don’t know what to say.”

“Please say yes,” he replied. “From what I said tonight, I really don’t feel like being alone. I’m afraid I may break down again if you’re not here.”

Looking into his eyes, how could she not say no. “I will,” she answered with a light smile. “I will stay with you tonight.”

Michael smiled and hugged her again. But he soon rolled off the bed, startling her. “Come. Let’s go to your room so you may get your night clothes and something to wear for tomorrow.”

Lorna nodded and got off the bed. He held out his hand for her to take and the two left his room to her room so she could grab the things that she needed. Once she had her things, the two walked back to his room, hand in hand. When they got back to his room, she noticed that it was nearing on midnight.

“It’s getting late,” he stated.

He looked at the clock. “So it is. Go into my bathroom and change into your nightclothes.”

She nodded and went into the bathroom. Michael went and sat on the bed and waited for her. When she emerged, she was wearing a simple cotton navy blue nightgown. She had left her clean clothes in the bathroom neatly folded on a counter.

He now was seeing her for the first time in a vulnerable stage as well. Seeing her in her nightclothes made his heart swell more with love. Though he saw her before in just her nightgown, this time was more intimate. She was so beautiful being in such a state. He saw that she was blushing a little and he realized he was staring at her. He walked over to her and grasped her hand again.

“Let’s go to bed,” he stated.

The two crawled into bed. He quickly had her snuggled against his body as he turned off the light on the nightstand. He was so going to enjoy this. Once he turned back to face her backside, he draped an over her arm.

“Good night, Lorna,” he whispered.

“Good night, Michael,” she answered back.
Chapter 11 - Blanket's Birthday by Lady1Venus
Chapter 11
Blanket's Birthday

Waking up to an alarm was something she was no longer used to. But today was the day of Blanket’s birthday and she wanted to get an early start and help Kai and Debbie get ready for it. Blanket was going to be a surprise birthday party, since he’s never had one. Everything was going to start out normal like any other morning, but after breakfast, Michael was going to take his kids out shopping and that was going to leave the hired help and Lorna to decorate the house. The family who were coming was going to arrive after Michael would leave. Though Janet insisted on coming first thing in the morning to have breakfast with her brother and family.

Since Blanket’s birthday was a week after Prince’s and he had a sleepover, Lorna knew she was going to have to do something for the small boy. The boy still wasn’t sure what to have for birthdays other than games, friends, cake and ice cream. It did blow her mind away when Prince had his birthday; some of the cousins had no idea that it was ok to serve ice cream with cake. It did amuse Lorna when the kids’ eyes lit up at the mention of ice cream.

As Lorna started to get ready, an hour before the kids were to wake, her mind drifted to the night Michael had opened up his emotional baggage to her. It was amazing he kept his true feelings hidden for so long. Not even the closest of family members knew of his emotional turmoil. She was quite astonished that he held in so much sad emotions for so long and since that night, she noticed he seemed to be more cheerful. His teasing was endless too. Though his admittance wasn’t the only thing that was plaguing her mind, it was what she woke the next morning to.

(Flashback)

Waking in a different bed had her confused for several moments until she felt a body shift. Her mind suddenly slammed into her with the memory of where she was and why. She was in the bedroom of the Pop King, in his bed with him. She felt her face flame up in a huge blush. She was thankful for the moment of facing away from him. She really didn’t want him to see her flaming face. It took her a few minutes to get control her blush and remember she was there because he asked her to.

When she felt the heat leave her face and knew her face was back to the normal peach color, she turned to face the man. She saw that he was lying on his back, looking quite comfortable. He shifted again, turning to face her and she was able to see the peaceful of his face. He looked so innocent. She sighed softly at him. He had been hurt so badly.

She started to creep her hand towards him when he opened his eyes and silently stared at her. She gave a slight gasp and whipped her hand back to herself.

“Last night is the first time,” he started quietly, shy tenor voice really showing. “I slept very well.”

She loved the sound of his voice. “Do you have a hard time sleeping normally?”

“I do,” he admitted. “But last night having you here, I slept peacefully. I get one really good night sleep probably once a month.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” she said sadly. “Perhaps keeping your feelings bottled up for so long prevented you from sleeping well.”

He shook his head. “That’s not it. I have often had sleeping problems since I was in my 20s. That’s 30 years, which was before the tabloids started to print garbage about me.”

“Well I had better get up,” she said. “I’m going to hang out with the kids today. I haven’t done that much lately since agreeing to stay here. I also need to get something for Blanket for his birthday.”

He nodded. “I wish this moment wouldn’t end. Thank you for staying with me. Do you need a shower?”

“No,” she answered. “I showered last night before finding you.”

“So that explains why your hair was damp,” he said.

“Can I ask you a question,” she said. “You don’t have to answer if you don’t wish to. I’m just extremely curious. But why do you wear a wig?”

His eyes closed for a moment before looking at her again. “I sometimes do,” he stated. “This is my real hair. I sometimes wear them to make my hair bounce a little more. Since the I was badly burnt from doing a Pepsi commercial, I have been concerned with my hair.”

“I remember hearing about that,” she exclaimed. “You had second and third degree burns. That must have been tough for you.”

“It was, but I got through it,” he said. “Though the hair did grow back but I am starting to get hair loss. Not to mention my Lupus.”

“Well that’s reasonable,” she said. “Men don’t often like to show off any bald spots. Lupus? You have more than one illness?”

“Yes,” he answered. Since last night, he felt very comfortable around her like he wanted to tell her everything. And he wanted to tell her. He did not want to keep secrets from her. “Lupus can be deadly. I have a mild case of it, which I’m thankful for. It can cause ugly rashes on my skin, which form into a butterfly like look. Lupus can attack internal organs and joints and a few times I have had that happen, but not as often as the rash.”

“So you suffer with a mild case of Lupus and of Vitiligo,” she blinked. “So that explains the big ass umbrella. You need to keep yourself out of the sun as much as possible, though you will stand in it unprotected at times.”

Michael nodded. “Thank you for understanding.”

“I wouldn’t be a good friend if I didn’t,” she answered. “Thank you for sharing some of your personal thoughts. Though I am surprised you told me. I know you like to keep yourself quiet about your conditions.”

“I wouldn’t have told you, if I didn’t trust you or wanted to,” he defended.

“I’m glad to know the hair thing was another lie. I think you look good in any style,” she admitted. “Though I do admit, I liked your ‘Bad’ era hairdo the best. You were really handsome with curls. Though the afro style you once had as a kid is not my thing.”

Michael laughed at her statement. “Well that was the style when I was young.”

“Thank god, it never came back,” she said. “Black people look a hell of a lot better with styles of today.”

Michael continued to giggle. She was making fun of an old hairstyle and yet he did not find it insulting. “Well that was a long time ago and with our age difference, you were only really little then.”

“I might have been a toddler, too busy drooling over my toddler toys, but I do surf the web all the time and I’ve seen several pictures of you when you were a kid with the Jackson 5 as well when you got older. You know if I didn’t know you are actually a black man, I would have pegged you as white.”

“That’s the condition of my Vitiligo,” he answered. “It has made my skin nearly porcelain white.”

Lorna sat up and pulled the blankets off of her. Michael got up as well and walked over to her.

“If you don’t mind me using your bathroom to get changed, I’ll be out of your hair in a few,” she said.

“You’re never in my hair,” he half smiled. “But yes, I’ll let you go and get changed. There’s a laundry shoot where you can toss your night clothes into.”

“I think I’ll carry them to my the rest of my dirty clothes. Besides I have to get the clothes washed anyway.” She turned away from and went to the bathroom.

(End Flashback)

Lorna was forced out of her thoughts when the realization came that she was all dressed and ready to start the day. She shook her thoughts out of her head and began to focus on the day ahead. Leaving the bedroom and her private thoughts behind, Lorna made her way to the kitchen where Kai was busy on making the cake for a now seven year old boy.

“Good morning Kai,” Lorna greeted.

The chef turned with a gasp. “Miss McCall,” she said. “You’re up early.”

“Kai, I’ve said it many times please don’t be so formal.”

“Sorry, force of habit with Mr. Jackson,” she said. “What are you doing up so early?”

“I want to help in anyway I can. Today’s party is going to be a good one for Blanket.”

Kai smiled and started to instruct the woman on what to do. Lorna did what the chef instructed without question and with a smile. When it came time for the children to be up, Lorna excused herself and took the back way out so the children would think she was just coming down.

“Good morning,” she greeted with a smile to the children.

“Good morning,” the children chimed back.

“Do you know what today is?” Blanket inquired.

Lorna walked over to the boy. “Ummm…I don’t know, perhaps it’s someone’s birthday,” she smiled.

The boy smiled. “Yeah, and do you knows birthday it is?”

“Could it be the birthday of Prince Michael the second, who is nicknamed Blanket?”

The boy clapped. “How did you guess?”

Paris and Prince chuckled at the woman who was goofing around with their brother. The two older siblings took their seat and waited for their father. They knew their father would come down to breakfast this time.

Lorna hugged the boy and wished him a ‘Happy Birthday’. The two weren’t sitting long when Janet walked into the room, just like she had done the week prior. But directly behind her was her older brother, though she didn’t know he was there.

“I hear there is another birthday,” Janet greeted.

“You heard right!” Blanket announced. “Will you be staying Aunt Janet?”

“For a little while, I will,” she said. “I won’t be able to stay as long this time as I did with Prince. Life as an entertainer really takes its toll.”

“I bet,” Lorna said. “I’ve noticed how much Michael works.”

“He’s just a work alcoholic,” Janet smirked.

“I’m not the only who works constantly.”

Janet turned to her brother. “Sneaky,” she half hissed.

He smiled. “How long will you be staying?”

“I’ll stay until a little after lunch,” she said. “My plane leaves at four.”

“Oh? Where are you going?” Michael walked over to give the birthday boy a kiss before proceeding to do the same for the other two. As he past Lorna, he gave her a small smile, which she returned.

Janet noticed the look the two gave each other. Something was happening between the two, she was sure of it. She had enough relationships and seen many to know the signs. “There’s a benefit I must attend in London.”

“I wish you luck on that,” he said as he took his seat. “I will be taking the children out to shop for a couple hours and then coming back to celebrate Blanket’s birthday.”

“Well you can be sure I’ll be here for that,” Janet smiled as she sat at the table as well.

The three children smiled at their Aunt and waited for Kai to serve breakfast. Blanket had no idea his father, Aunt and Lorna had something planned for him. In fact the other two kids really didn’t think too much of it either. When breakfast was all done, Michael asked to speak with Lorna alone and asked the children to meet him in the car. Janet went to the kitchen to see if there was anything she could do and to find out what Lorna had planned for her nephew.

“You’ll be fine?” Michael asked when him and Lorna were completely alone.

“Yes, I’m fine. Two hours should give me enough time to get everything done. Your Mother and Elizabeth are on their way now. I have the cell phone to your bodyguards so if I need anything I’ll call.”

Michael nodded. Since she had spent the night in his room, he felt closer to her. He greatly enjoyed falling asleep with his arms around someone. It had been a long time for him to have that great feeling and it wasn’t he rather missed. More so in the last few years than before.

He reached forward and softly kissed her cheek. “For luck,” he said. To him he actually did it more as he wanted to have some physical contact with her.

Lorna would have blushed at his display of affection, but since waking in his bed, she really didn’t find it was needed now. He was a very affectionate person and he would often give his fans warm embraces and even kisses on the cheeks.

“Thank you,” she smiled. “But you better get going before the kids figure out what’s going on. Just because they are kids, kids are smarter than what people give them credit for.”

Michael turned away from her and headed to the car.

-

Getting back home was a relief. Out shopping with Daddy this time was a little tough. Everyone they walked passed would say ‘Happy Birthday, Blanket’. The small boy would tightly grip his father’s hand, as Paris would hold the other hand. Prince walked just in front of his father, with a security guard beside him. He really didn’t understand what the deal was for everyone to go out, but he was sure it was important enough to get everyone out of the house and leave Lorna alone Aunt Janet and the hired help.

Prince was able to get his answer when he walked into the door to find the foyer slightly darker than usual. Paris walked in behind him. She saw that something was up. She had her suspicions on what it was. The two kids moved out of the way as Michael walked in, with Blanket in his hand. Michael wore a soft smile on his face.

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “It’s so dark.”

When Michael was in the middle of the room, sudden lights turned on and the yell of ‘surprise’ was heard from all corners.

Blanket jumped in quick fright, but Michael was right there to calm him down. There in front of Blanket was his Grandmother, Aunts Janet and LaToya, Uncles Tito, Germaine and Randy, Elizabeth Taylor, Lorna, all his friends, and even Macaulcy Culkin was there.

It didn’t take Blanket long to realize the surprise was for him as he could read a birthday sign that had his name on it. His eyes followed down from the sign to Lorna who had a great big grin and he knew right away the party was her idea.

He shrugged off his Daddy’s hand and ran over to Lorna and quickly wrapped his small arms around her waist. “Thank you,” he squealed in her shirt.

Lorna’s arms were around him in an instant. “Your welcome.”

When Lorna had met Mac, she was completely and utterly surprised by his visit. She had no idea he was coming, as he wasn’t able to make it to Prince’s birthday. She knew the history Mac and Michael had, but never in her wildest dreams would she ever met the child star of Home Alone. He was really nice to her when he introduced himself.

“Michael,” Mac said. “You have some explaining to do.”

Michael looked up at his long time friend and shrugged. What was the young man talking about?

“You never told me you have a nice looking friend living with you,” Mac said. “And it doesn’t matter if she’s older than me, she’s still nice looking.”

Lorna felt herself wanting to shy away suddenly. Nearly every one of Michael’s friends and family had said the same thing. Lorna didn’t think she was good looking, with her light freckles and live at the strip but not part of it in Vegas.

Elizabeth though came to her. “Take it as it is,” she said. “It’s the truth, you are nice looking and from what I can tell,” she lowered her voice to a whisper. “You’re good for him too. He’s smiling more and looking younger too.”

“I’m just a friend,” Lorna answered shyly.

Blanket moved himself away from Lorna and to his friends. Both Paris and Prince were seeing if their Grandmother had brother them more goodies.

Liz looked at Lorna. “Who are you trying to kid?” she asked quietly. “You trying to convince yourself or him that you’re just friends? I can see the signs. I might be old, dear, but these old eyes have seen a lot and when my eyes start seeing a happy Michael, I start being sneaky.”

Lorna did not know what to say. That morning waking up in his bed, Lorna finally came to the realization that she did like the man and she would love to go out with him, but she was scared that he might not share those feelings. If Liz Taylor could see through Lorna’s façade of wanting to date the man, who else had that same thought.

“Liz,” Michael lightly laughed. He saw that his other long time friend was embarrassing Lorna. He walked over to Liz and kissed her cheek. “It’s good to see you again.”

Seeing that Liz’s attention was diverted elsewhere, Lorna took this moment to make a discreet exit, but she wasn’t as discreet as she thought. Someone watched her disappear around a corridor, which lead to the kitchen. Seeing as everyone was preoccupied with other things, this was the best chance to have a private talk with Lorna.

Lorna made it to kitchen without incident and she was grateful Kai wasn’t in the kitchen at the time. She was in living room where the party was going to take place. Where it had rained earlier that morning, the party wasn’t going to be outside like Prince’s was.

Lorna sat at a table and allowed her cheeks to flame up in redness. Her heart was also thumping in her chest too. She really liked Michael and she couldn’t understand why she kept getting shy moments.

“Is something the matter dear?”

Lorna jumped up to see a somewhat concerned look on Mrs. Jackson. Though the old woman was 79, she did not look a day over 60. “Mrs. Jackson!” Lorna squeaked.

Mrs. Jackson stepped further into the kitchen and sat at the table beside Lorna. “Call me Katherine. I’ve noticed you seem to get embarrassed easily in front of my son. Would you like to talk about it?”

“I don’t know…” she answered slowly.

“Is it because he’s a celebrity?”

Lorna thought for a moment and looked at the black woman. “Honestly, I’m not sure. Maybe it’s because I’ve been a hermit for so long. I have no idea what it’s like to have caring friends.”

Katherine nodded. “Yes, that could be a factor. But you seem to like my son and from what I can see, it looks to have gotten stronger since last week.”

“Your son is a good person,” Lorna said. “He’s helped me with so many things.”

“Dear,” Katherine half scowled. “That is not what I’m referring to. It seems you like my son romantically. And I saw you on the news last week. If you like my son romantically you must take the paparazzi.”

Lorna lowered her head in defeat. Mrs. Jackson knew the signs when she saw them, just as Liz did. “I know and I do like your son, very much. But I don’t take rejection very well. I’ve already had a slight list of failed relationships and I would hate to have the same thing with Michael too. Not to mention he’s had his fair share of failed ones before too.”

Katherine reached her hand to the younger woman. “From what I can see you, my son likes you very much as well. He has told me that you have chosen to stay because you love those children.”

“I do,” Lorna countered. “I love them like they were my own.”

“I can see that. You helped set up Prince’s birthday last week and this week coordinated a surprise party for Blanket. I’m looking forward to what you’ll do for my Granddaughter.”

“She’s a sweet girl,” Lorna commented. “I understand the consequences that come from dating the King of Pop.”

“Then why did you shy away with the cameras?” Katherine asked.

“I just wasn’t ready to face the public eye with Michael yet. He’s been hurt so much. People treat him like he’s dirt or a criminal just because his skin is no longer dark and he’s had a few nose jobs. Why would that make a difference? He’s still a human being with thoughts and feelings. He does bleed and his blood is red just like the rest of us.”

Katherine felt her heart swell with delight. This younger woman understood where many people did not. She softly smiled at the woman. “Dear, I think you would be good for my son. Not many women have put Michael first when it comes to his feelings. Yes, Lisa Marie is a charming woman and she loved my son very much and yes Debbie Rowe gave me two beautiful Grandchildren and she wanted to help Michael to become a father. But Ms. Rowe used my son for money once ending the marriage. She no longer could handle the pressure of being a celebrity’s wife.”

“Excuse my language for this, but she’s a ***** and doesn’t deserve the light of day. I’ve read in the news that she’s trying for custody of the children. Children she abandoned after ending the marriage and wanted money instead. No parent should put money in front of children. Those children out there don’t even know she is their mother. Those children don’t need someone like her. This world is populated with enough of those abandoning mothers and I will not stand by and allow those children to be harmed.”

“Does my son know you have those feelings?” Katherine loved how this woman was speaking about her grandchildren and son.

“No,” Lorna stated. “He has yet to come up to me either to inform me that he’s in a custody battle either. I know he’s going to do a series of concerts in July but I also know he doesn’t lock himself away for hours in that Den preparing for it either. I want to help him.”

“Then tell him,” Katherine argued. “Tell him how you feel and tell him you want to help.”

Lorna looked at Katherine. “Katherine, you wouldn’t mind if I dated your son, would you?”

Katherine softly smiled again. “No, dear. I’m sure Ms. Taylor and a few others out in the other room would feel the same as I do.”

“But what about his father?”

“Joe is not the one you have to impress. You have already won me over and I’m sure Janet likes you as well as she did help you set this party up. The one you have to impress is the man who is out there who is very kind to you. Holding back your true feelings can do damage as well as admitting them. You just have to take a leap of faith. It’s better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.”

“I suppose your right,” Lorna said in defeat. “But how could I approach him? He’s always busy and I don’t want to take time away from his work, in almost two weeks we’re going to London to announce the concert. I’ve never been to London. I have only been with Michael since Christmas when I fell in front of his gate. I totally missed Christmas because I was sick.”

“There are many people who go without Christmas,” Katherine replied. “I know Michael celebrates Christmas now but he once didn’t.” She paused for a moment. “Perhaps we should go back to the others. This is for my Grandson.”

Lorna nodded. The two women stood up. “Thank you,” Lorna lightly smiled. “I do feel a little better. I’m just not used to being cared for.”

Katherine pulled the younger woman into a warm embrace. Lorna happily accepted the embrace. “Of course, dear. If you ever want to talk, I’m here. Later, before I leave, I’ll give you my number so you may call me.”

Lorna pulled away and then walked back to the others. Michael had seen her enter the room and started to open his mouth to speak when he saw his mother enter from behind. He quickly closed his mouth, realizing whatever just happened, his mother had talked to her. He had seen Lorna make her exit towards the kitchen and he had immediately became concerned. He promised himself to speak with Lorna later about it, right now he had to deal with his son’s birthday and he was really happy in how it was turning out.

It was good to see Mac again and seeing his son really happy always made his heart soar. He turned his attention to Kai entering the room, stating people could now make their way to the living room from the foyer. The kids were quick to rush to the living room where games were set up to play. Blanket was slightly confused on the setup until Lorna came into the room and explain to the children what they were to do.

Blanket looked quite intrigued. Since it was Lorna who set the party up, she jumped into the thing of leading the way. The adults just stood back and watched. With Blanket being the birthday boy, he got to choose which game he wanted to play first and chose ‘pin the tail on the donkey’ and he was the first to go.

Michael watched Lorna as she blindfolded the boy and spun him around 3 times and allowed him to walk to the donkey picture to pin the tail. When he made his mark, he removed the blindfold and gave a sour face. He hit the leg. Lorna walked over to him and reminded him that it was ok; it’s just a game for fun. Lorna did the same for each kid. When all kids had their turn, everyone learnt the closet to the tail was actually Prince and Blanket so they each got a prize.

The children played more games, with Lorna instructing each game, which a different kid won each game. As it neared on lunch, Kai served everyone lunch, before having cake and ice cream.

“Ok,” Lorna called, when everyone had their fill of lunch. “Since Aunt Janet needs to leave soon, we’re going to do the cake cutting and open presents.”

“Lorna,” Michael said. “Blanket is too…”

“I didn’t say he’s cutting the cake.” She walked over to him, grabbed his glass of juice and placed it on the table. “His father is going to help him.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him to the center of the room. Being as shocked as he was, he allowed himself to be pulled. He did not know what to make of Lorna.

Mac and Liz both began to chuckle at how a woman finally was able to pull the King of Pop. Of course Janet stifled a giggle as well. Lorna finally stopped moving when she was facing the cake. She then placed the knife in his hand. Michael sighed she was being stubborn.

Blanket walked up to his father and curled himself into the man. Lorna gently took the boy’s hand and lightly placed it on top of his father’s. Lorna had no idea there were a couple cameras going off. Once she removed her hand from Blanket’s, Michael guided his hand to cut the cake. Lorna realized at the last moment, that people were taking pictures and she was in them. She felt like blushing, but she looked at Katherine to see her soft smile. Lorna decided to ignore the cameras and enjoyed the moment.

With the cake cut, Lorna then gave everyone who wanted cake, a piece and offered ice cream to whoever wanted it. Once the dessert was gone, it came time to open gifts. After helping with the cutting of the cake, Michael felt compelled to help Lorna with the handing of presents. He wanted to get involved in his son’s birthday.

The presents weren’t unwrapped for long before Janet had to give her good byes. Blanket half pouted that his Aunt had to leave. But she immediately told him no pouts. Only smiles. He soon smiled and hugged his Aunt before going to his friends to play with his new toys. Janet gave her mother and brothers a hug, leaving Lorna last.

As Janet came to Lorna she tightly embraced the woman. “Thank you for my nephew’s birthday.”

“You’re welcome,” Lorna hugged back. “Have a safe trip.”

Janet pulled away and finished her farewells and left. Once she was gone, everyone went back to mingling amongst each other as the kids continued to play. Michael was quite impressed with Lorna and couldn’t help but continuously stare at her all day. His friends had noticed the stare but they didn’t say anything. Liz began to think that the two really needed to hook up and if they weren’t going to do it soon, she was going to do it for them. The two liked each other a lot and the two were in so much denial it wasn’t funny.
Chapter 12 - What to do? by Lady1Venus
Chapter 12
What to do?

As the afternoon of Blanket’s party began to wind down, Liz decided it was high time to have a person-to-person talk with her dearest friend. She had watched all afternoon as the singer’s eyes could not leave the younger woman and it was beginning to drive Liz nuts. The man liked the woman a lot, that was for sure. Liz knew age brackets did not make any bit of difference so as long as the two cared for each other. Of course up until last week at Prince’s party, when she officially met Lorna, she did not realize their friendship had grown so big and somehow in the last week, it had gotten even stronger. Liz walked towards Michael as he was saying his farewells to Mac and his brothers. Tito was the last to step out, leaving Liz, the children and their friends, Lorna, Michael and Mrs. Jackson left at the mansion.

“Michael,” Liz called. “Could I have a few moments alone with you?”

Michael nodded. He walked over to his mother and gave her a kiss, telling her he would be right back. Lorna looked up as he said that and wondered what was going on. It didn’t take her long to realize what was going on when Michael gave her a warm smile and then escorted Liz down the hallway towards the Den.

Michael offered Liz in first before entering himself. He was always the perfect gentleman. He then offered Liz a seat before leaning against his desk, resting his hands on the desk. “What can I do for you?” he asked.

“Perhaps, I should be asking you that,” she started. “I’ve noticed today your eyes seem to be glued elsewhere besides on Blanket. Is there something going on I don’t know about.”

Michael gave an innocent look. “I’m not sure I know what you are talking about.”

“Michael,” she said with stern her voice. “I’ve known you far too long. Most times you suck at keeping a poker face. I’m talking about you and Lorna. You two seem very close.”

Michael sighed and leaned his head down. “I suppose I could use a friend right now.” He looked at her. “She’s amazing person,” he explained. “She’s wonderful to the children. She’s told me this a few times that she loves them and I know she does.”

“That I have noticed,” Liz smiled.

“She’s so gentle and kind and very understanding. I feel I can tell her anything,” he admitted. “Liz, you should have seen her when she got the idea of doing a surprise party for Blanket. And the night of Prince’s birthday where he had a couple friends over night, she suggested the idea of Paris and Blanket to have their own sleepover by having a campout in the family room.”

“She did?” Liz blinked. “What did you do?”

“I went along,” Michael continued. “She turned the room into something I’ve never seen. She took the dining room chairs and blankets and made a tent where we slept on an air mattress. I had given her a stereo where she had turned on some nature music.”

“She did that?” Liz question. “Wow. She went out of her way to give Paris and Blanket something Prince was experiencing. Michael, what are your feelings for you?”

“She’s a friend,” Michael countered.

“Why do I hear a ‘but’, in there?” Liz asked with a quirked brow.

“I think on my side at least, it’s becoming more.” Michael moved away from the desk and slightly paced the room. “Liz you know I’ve already had two failed marriages. I don’t know if I could go through that again.”

“Michael.” She grabbed his hand as he paced by her the third time and forced him to kneel in front of her. “From what I see she is nothing like Lisa nor is she like Debbie. So what she shied away that day with the cameras, she probably wasn’t prepared for it. But I can see that she does like you and I’m sure she could take the fans and cameras just like the rest of us do.”

Michael looked into her eyes. “But that’s not the only thing. I’ve only known her since Christmas when she collapsed at my gate, that’s nearly 3 months now. I swore to myself not to get caught up again.”

Liz knew what he meant. “Michael, she’s not going to wait forever. She’s a beautiful woman who loves your children dearly. Just from watching her today she has a maternal instinct and that is something Debbie did not have. You two should sit down and talk about your feelings.”

“What if she rejects me?”

“Michael, even if she does. You two are friends.”

“But…” his words choked at him. “I love her!” he announced suddenly.

The two were silent for several minutes not sure what to say. Michael wasn’t always the one to blurt things out. Liz figured that since it was her he was in the presence of, the situation was different. She had been with him through most of his toughest times including his drug problem and many other things he just wanted to forget.

“I had a feeling you might,” she finally answered. “When did you realize these feelings?” She released his hands.

He stood up and walked away a bit. “On Valentine’s Day, I think. She never had someone treat her to something special before, so I did.”

“What did you do?” Liz inquired. “Besides took her shopping.”

“After we returned, I had a private dinner set up. It wasn’t anything fancy or romantic. It was just a dinner between two friends. I did have some red hearts sitting here on the desk.”

“You had it in here?”

“It was the only room in the house I know no one really disturbs me. We had a nice dinner and then I gave her a present, which were a set of antique candleholders.”

“That was nice of you. How did she take it?”

“She loved it and when she thanked me…” he trailed off.

“What?” Liz asked. “Come on Michael, you can tell me.”

Michael turned away from the woman. “I nearly kissed her,” he answered quietly.

Liz took in an intake of breath and stood up. She walked over to the singer. “Are you serious. You almost kissed her. Was it something you wanted to do?”

He turned to face. “She was so close,” he admitted. “I wanted to so bad. But I could see the fear in her eyes. I know she knew I could have, but I didn’t.”

“But you two are still talking and acting as if it didn’t happen,” she said quietly.

“We talked afterwards. We’re friends,” he said. He moved to his window. “Oh, Liz. I want to kiss her but I don’t know her feelings. She sees me as a friend. She’s not a star struck fan like the others. She’s different. She’s concerned for me.”

“Then tell her how you feel,” Liz encouraged. “Michael, you can’t keep living in this shell you’ve built around you. I have a feeling if you kiss her, she would embrace it.”

Michael half snorted. “I can’t see it being that simple. She’s had failed relationships who have hurt her worse than mine.”

“Well I’m sure that is between you and her, but you are good for her Michael. You know that. You are too kindhearted soul and I’m sure she’s what you need. Your children adore her, that I can see.”

“That they do,” Michael agreed turning to look at her again. “Paris seems to have attached herself to Lorna. Blanket likes being with her too.”

“And so do you,” Liz argued. “You are smiling more now. And I’m not the only one who sees it. Mac saw it and so does your sister, Janet.”

“What do I do?” he sighed in defeat.

“Michael, if you love her, like you just admitted, then go after her. Trust me on this; I really think she shares what you feel. I’ve watched her watch you when you weren’t looking and she blushes a lot. And I know it’s not because you are who you are. It’s because she likes you and probably is afraid on what others will think. You already told me yourself she has family members who do not really like you and I’m sure she’s also concerned of your fans.”

“And the tabloids would just love to get a hold of her too,” he said sadly. “I don’t want to put her through that. Not again.”

“Michael, you may have no choice,” Liz defended. “Before you choose for her, you better at least get her true feelings on this. You may be surprised on the answer.”

“I’ll need to get her alone,” he stated.

“That would be a good start. Nothing romantic either. Speaking of her, we should get back to the others before she starts to wonder what is going on.”

“Liz, can you please try to not embarrass her. She’s not used to having warm friends around.”

“You mean she didn’t have friends before?” Liz asked as Michael walked towards the door to head back to the party. Liz followed with him.

“She has said she really did not have physical friends. She has plenty on the Internet, but none really physical. She did not work at the strip in Las Vegas, but she did live at it and she hated it.”

“Poor girl.”

The two walked back to the others. As they entered the room, Lorna was in the process of being tickled tortured from Blanket and two of his friends. Michael stifled a laugh as he walked over to her.

“Guys…hehe…” Lorna giggled. “Please…hehe…stop.”

She was completely on the floor, with the boys tickling her. Her head was constantly moving back and fourth, dishevelling her hair. When Michael was close enough the boys suddenly moved quickly. They weren’t sure what to think of Michael looming over them. Lorna took the chance to jump up. She saw him and quickly hid behind him.

“They’re fiends!” she blasted. She gripped Michael’s black sleeves tightly as she hid behind him from the kids. Katherine and the other kids were in complete laughter.

“She started it,” Blanket defended. “She decided to try to tickle me. I had to react.” Blanket gave his best innocent look, causing Liz to burst out laughing.

Lorna poked her head from behind Michael. “It was suppose to be a one on one not three on one.” She continued to keep her grip on Michael strong and steady.

It was just amusing with everyone watching. With his small frame compared to her frame, it looked really funny. The only thing Lorna had was the fact he was taller than her.

He twisted his head to give her a sideways glance. “Why am I a human shield?”

She gave him a playful glare. “Because you pay the bills for this place and the birthday boy just happens to be your son. Besides, you’re tall enough to protect me.”

Michael giggled and he looked at the kids again. He tried to move but her grip wouldn’t let him move far. He opened his mouth to speak when his mother interrupted him.

“As much as I would love to see the outcome of this,” she laughed. “I should be heading for home. I do not wish to be out after dark.”

The children sobered up, Lorna released her grip on Michael but stayed close to his side. The two walked over to the old woman. Michael gave his mother a hug and wished her well. The Jackson children then came over and hugged her as well. Lorna pushed herself closer to Michael.

Liz held a chuckle in her throat, as Michael had to wrap his arm around Lorna to balance himself. Though the action was to prevent himself from falling, he loved the idea of his arm around her waist.

Katherine hugged her grandchildren before looking at her son’s friend. The children moved away and went back to what they were doing before. Michael released Lorna as Lorna decided to give Katherine an embrace.

“Remember, what I said,” Katherine whispered. “You need to talk to him.”

“I will,” she whispered back. “Thank you for listening.”

Katherine handed something in Lorna’s hands before pulling away and gathering her things to head to her car, where her chauffer would be waiting. Michael walked to her to the door.

Lorna looked at the piece of paper to see it was Katherine’s phone number. Lorna glanced away from the number to the kids. “Don’t you dare.”

Blanket cocked his head and smirked. “I still need payback.”

The three boys who tickled her suddenly launched forward. Lorna ran away quickly, heading in the direction Michael disappeared at. She could see that he had just shut the door when she came barrelling towards him.

“Save me!” she screamed.

He turned just in time to have her slam into him. His eyes widened at her hitting him. He was thankful he was against the door.

“Don’t let those fiends get me!” she hissed.

He had to put his arms around her arms to steady her and himself. He looked ahead to see three boys coming his way. Blanket stopped suddenly forcing his two friends to stop as they saw Michael.

“Daddy!” Blanket squeaked.

He looked at his son with an amused smile. “What do you three think your doing?”

“We have to get revenge,” one boy said. “She attacked Blanket.”

“But wasn’t that before I came back?” he asked. He was going to have to remember this for some other time. “I think it’s time to leave Miss McCall alone for awhile. I think she’s learnt her lesson.”

Lorna glared at him. “Just whose side are you on?”

He looked at her. “Yours, apparently as you’re hanging on to me like a lifeline. Though you did attack my son, but it’s now over.” He looked at the boys again. “You boys should soon get ready, your parents will be here shortly.”

The boys pouted. They turned away and headed back the way they came. Lorna breathed a sigh of relief and loosened her grip on the man she was pushing right against. Michael on his part was able to get a strong smell of her perfume and he had to admit, he rather was fond of the scent, very much.

She looked at him. She noticed that his hands were still holding her arms and she could really smell his cologne. The scent was slightly causing her to go light headed as she vastly was loving that fragrance. She had to get away from him, but he had a tight hold on her.

“Are you going to let me go?” she asked.

“Perhaps,” he smirked. “Once I figure out how the whole tickle thing started.”

“What? Can’t a girl have some fun?” she asked.

“She can. But she should have waited until the father had a chance to join in on the fun.”

“Michael,” she glared. “Don’t you dare.”

He finally let go of her hands as her perfume was intoxicating his senses. “I wouldn’t. Liz is still here and I think she’ll be staying the night.”

“Oh,” she said. “That would be nice. I haven’t really sat down and talked to Elizabeth Taylor. If my Mom was still alive, she would flip out. Elizabeth Taylor was her absolute favorite actress.”

Michael smiled. “And now you get the chance to meet a wonderful lady. Come on, lets go talk with her.”

The two walked away from the door and headed to the other room where the kids were. Liz was seating on a sofa with Paris beside her. Paris was telling the old woman all about Lorna and how the girl liked the wonderful woman.

Lorna heard as she walked in. “She sounds like a good person.”

“Elizabeth,” Prince said. “She’s the best.”

“So you both like her?” the woman asked.

“Like her?” Prince said. “We love her. I’m glad she stayed.”

Michael also heard what his children were saying as he walked in. “Will you be staying over tonight?” he asked the old woman.

“That is if you don’t mind,” she smiled. “I haven’t visited in a while and I really would like to know Lorna better.”

Lorna walked up to the woman. “As I would like to know you. My Mom, when she was alive, loved your movies. She even raised me to always respect you.”

“That was nice of her. If you don’t mind me asking when did your mother pass on?”

Lorna then proceeded to tell the retired actress about herself and her family. Michael listened as he sat in a chair near the sofa. He was really intrigued to know about the woman he was falling in love with. As he listened, he realized he had to get up as the parents of Blanket’s friends were arriving. He felt disappointed that he had to leave.

It took him several minutes to greet the parents and to help the children get their things gathered up. When he returned to the room, he was once again disappointment as the two women had ended their talk and we’re watching Blanket play with his new toys.

Lorna looked around the room and gave a fearful look. “I suppose I should straighten this room up.”

“Let Debbie handle that,” Michael suggested. “You’ve done a lot of work today.”

“Yes, dear,” Liz said. “You did very well today with Blanket’s birthday. I think today is the first I’ve ever seen him have this much fun, other than Christmas.”

Blanket stood up and ran over to the woman and hugged. “Thank you for my birthday,” he said.

“Thank you,” Lorna smiled. Her head leaned down. “And you’re welcome.”

“Well I’m going to go and put my things in my room.” Blanket tossed his things in one big gift bag and left for his room.

When he was gone, Lorna looked Liz. “I honestly am not sure why I did it.”

“It’s because you enjoy being with those children,” Liz said. “I don’t blame you. And the father isn’t half bad himself.”

Michael shook his head and rolled his eyes. She never would stop, even after their conversation.

“Well the father is nice and gentle,” Lorna said.

“What about handsome?” Liz inquired.

“Well…” Lorna felt shy. “I guess he’s that too. But sometimes looks don’t have to make the person attractive. To some people, it’s personality. Beauty is only skin deep.”

“That is so true,” Liz replied. “Michael, she’s one of a kind.” She turned her attention to the man who was standing not far from her. “So when will dinner be?”

Michael looked at his long time friend and then looked at the clock. “Dinner should be in about an hour.”

Liz stood up and smiled. “Good. I’m going to go rest until then.”

Lorna watched as Liz left. She began to wonder if it was wise to leave her alone with Pop King. She looked at the Pop King. “She’s a nice lady.”

“That she is,” Michael agreed. He watched as Lorna walked towards the games to clean them. He walked up to her and quickly grabbed her hand, softly but tightly. “I told you, Debbie will handle it,” he stated.

“But this is my mess,” she argued.

He grabbed her other hand and gave her a stern look. “The hired help will clean,” he said gently. “You deserve some rest after being tickled tortured and just plain having fun with the kids today.”

Just then Debbie walked in. “Mr. Jackson, would you like me to clean up?”

“Please,” Michael said as he continued to gaze at Lorna. “And please be sure that Lorna doesn’t help you in way shape or form. She is restricted to having rest the rest of this day.”

Debbie nodded and began to clean up around the room. Lorna glared at Michael while at the same time, she greatly enjoyed his hands covering hers. “You are impossible.”

He smirked. “Nope, just the Master of this house. Now I don’t want to hear that you started to help Debbie or I will have to keep an eye on you myself.”

“Are you ordering me?” she inquired.

“If you want to take it as that, you can.” He wasn’t going to tell her but he so wanted to spend some time with her and maybe even tell her how he felt. Today was a good day to do it from watching her all day; he no longer could deny his feelings, and now he wanted to tell her. He wanted to tell her, as he could not keep his feelings hidden any longer.

He released her hands. He had to as felt like taking her in his arms and he really did not want to startle her. He turned and walked away. He walked into his Den and leaned his head on his desk. He knew it was still his son’s birthday but he had to have some time to himself to collect his thoughts. He might have just thought of telling her his feelings, but it wasn’t the right time. He knew Liz was right and he knew his dear friend was indirectly getting herself involved.

But how could he admit his feelings to Lorna? He would have to get her alone, but he couldn’t make it romantic as it would scare her but he didn’t want it to be casual either. He wanted it to be relaxing and enjoyable. But where? With now knowing it wasn’t good today, he knew he was going to have to wait for another day or so. He continued to think until Debbie walked in with Lorna.

Michael quickly lifted his head off his desk. “What’s going on Debbie?” he asked.

“Mr. Jackson,” she said while Lorna growled and glared at the bigger woman. “I apologize for the intrusion, but Miss McCall…”

Michael shook his head. “I understand. Thank you. I’ll take care of it.”

Debbie nodded and walked out, leaving Lorna with the musician.

Michael stood up and walked over to Lorna.

“You are totally unfair,” she whined. “It’s my mess to clean up.”

“And you deserve a break. Wasn’t you who told me not to strict yourself to work all the time.”

“Don’t you be twisting my words on me. You ‘are’ older than I am, which means your body cannot handle the stress like mine can.”

“I’ve heard even young 30 year olds get sick from stress,” he stated. “And I have asked you to allow Debbie to clean up. You have done so much for me and my children, you deserve a break.”

“Michael, I’m not used to living in the lap of luxury. I was raised to clean up my mess.”

“Your parents raised you well,” he commented. “And I understand habits are hard to break. But in my home you don’t always have to clean up your mess. That’s what the hired help is for. And yes there are days I do give my employees days off.”

“I have noticed that. So what do I do now?”

“You stay here with me and just relax. I will not let you out of my sight until we have dinner, which is…” he looked at his watch, “in 45 minutes.”

Lorna walked over to the sofa and flopped on it. “You are totally unfair,” she pouted.

Michael would have smiled at her pout. She was cute when she pouted. “It might be unfair, but I did warn you.”

Michael walked over to her and kneeled down so he was more facing her level. “I was wondering if you would like to take a trip with me,” he said. The question just popped in his head.

She looked at him. “Where? I hope nowhere public. I’m not ready to face your fans.”

“I was thinking, you and I could go somewhere quiet like a drive out of town.” He didn’t know why, but the idea had just hit with her being in the room.

“A drive out of town? What about the children?”

“They don’t always come with me when I want to take a break. I have everything I need to do for the upcoming concerts. So now I can spend some time getting to know you even better.”

She sat up and looked at him more closely. “What do you mean?”

“Lorna,” he said, taking her hand. “I would like to know more about you and I would like to spend some time with you. Since that night you caught me, I have been wanting to see you more.”

At the thought of being completely alone with him, she started to feel nervous. She knew it was going to be a perfect opportunity to talk with him like Katherine wanted her to. And she knew she had to. He might not have been the most handsome man, at least not anymore, but he was handsome in all the other ways that counted. And she loved his tenor voice too.

“Well it would be nice to get out,” she answered slowly.

He smiled. “Good. On the next nice day, we’ll go out for the day.”

“But your Lupus and Vitiligo?”

“I’ll just bring an umbrella,” he shrugged.

He was going to so enjoy this. He wasn’t only going to get to know Lorna but he was also going to tell her his feelings, before Liz did it for him and he did not want his oldest and dearest friend to intervene in his affairs. He loved the old woman very much, like a Grandmother, but he did not like people meddling in his life. The wheels in his mind started to twirl on what to plan for that day. Since it would be a day outing, he would need to make sure there were blankets as it could be chilly, couple chairs and even a picnic basket for lunch.
Chapter 13 - Immaturity Leads to Fun by Lady1Venus
Chapter 13
Immaturity Leads to Fun

Lorna headed down to breakfast in a cheerful mood. She had just gotten off the phone with her brother who lived in British Columbia, Canada. Her conversation with him was quite pleasant compared to the first time she called him. He had apologized to his sister for being rude to her host who had taken her in. He was quite surprised she had stayed with the man, but he was also quite impressed on how nice he was to her. The conversation did not last too long as he had to leave for work, but he promised to keep in touch. Lorna figured his wife had something to do with it, as she knew his wife was a Michael Jackson supporter.

Upon walking into the dining room, her cheerful mood went quickly sour as she saw three gloomy faces. She immediately rushed over to them.

“What’s the matter?” she asked with concern.

Paris looked up. “Daddy, had to leave this morning,” she answered with sadness. “He’s not sure when he’ll be back.”

“He was gone before we got up this morning,” Prince said. “He hardly ever leaves until after we get up.”

Lorna walked over to the pre-teen. “I’m sure he has his reasons. Who told you that your Dad left?”

“There was a note,” Blanket answer as he answered to where their father would sit for breakfast.

Lorna picked up the note as Prince was sitting directly beside his father’s seat. She read the note carefully. “Well I’m sure he’ll be back before you guys know it.”

“What makes you say that?” Paris inquired.

“I remember days when my Daddy would go away before we got up and you know what?” Lorna said as she took a seat beside Blanket.

“What’s that?” Prince asked.

“My Mom would tell us that he’s just taking a few moments to get some fresh air and when he would return he would be more than loveable and bring home treats.”

Blanket looked up at the sound of treats. “Are you sure?” the young boy looked hopeful.

Lorna hugged the boy. “Trust me. I’m sure your Dad is doing something that will be a surprise to all of us and he wanted to get going before he drew attention.”

“I’m not sure I understand,” replied Paris. “What do you mean ‘drew attention’?”

“I’ve noticed your Daddy has a hard time keeping a straight face when he wants to plan something.”

Prince looked up. “I have noticed that.”

“It’s called your Dad doesn’t have a good poker face. He has a hard time keeping a straight face.”

“So you’re saying that Daddy is planning something and he doesn’t want to tell us?”

Lorna looked at the daughter. “That’s exactly what I’m saying. Besides having him gone, this gives us a chance to be…” Lorna smirked. “Silly.”

The children looked at each other and then slowly smiled.

“That’s the idea,” Lorna smiled. “I don’t like seeing long faces. I’ve lived with it too long.”

“Breakfast is now served,” Kai announced as she walked in to serve breakfast.

With lighter hearts, the four quietly ate their breakfast. All the while Lorna was thinking of what she could do to make sure the kids kept their spirits up. Once breakfast was over, the group left the room and started their day of sillyness. The group went into the family room where Lorna then started a child version of a comedy show, making the kids laugh.

When Lorna began to tire of telling jokes, she went over to their media library. She started to sift through the CDs until she came upon the one she was looking for, Michael’s music. She had a feeling that he would keep his own music. She grabbed one CD and placed it in the stereo that was nearby.

“What are you doing?” Prince asked.

“Sillyness isn’t over yet,” Lorna grinned. “Have you guys had fun so far?”

“Yeah!” the three chimed.

“Then you haven’t seen anything yet. When I was your age. I used to like dancing to your Dad’s music. Well I’m going to show you how I once danced to his music.” She got the CD in place and then punched in the fifth song allowing it to play while she walked over to be in front of the children.

“Beat It,” Paris stated as she recognized the opening beat. “That’s an old song.”

“That it is, but still is a classic,” Lorna said, as she bobbed her to the beat.

“I’ve heard ‘Thriller’ is top number one selling album even to this day,” Prince said. “Dad is really great.”

“That he is.” Just then the words to the song started. Lorna began to lip sing to the words. She began moving her shoulders to the beat and started to bob her head like a bird. As the song progress, she started to swing her arms. By the time the chorus started, she started to swing her arms like a madman, twisted her face in some funny look.

The children began to laugh at the sillyness she was being. As the next verse started, the kids began to laugh even harder. Lorna was really going wild with her arms and head that she did not even notice she had more than the children for an audience.

Over at the entrance, behind Lorna, someone had walked in. The person had heard his own song ‘Beat It’ and heard the children laughing. He had to go see what was going on. Upon entering, he was given a sight he never thought he would see.

Standing in the middle of the room in front of the children was Lorna looking quite silly dancing to his song. He guessed the children had seen him as they began to laugh even louder. Lorna was totally oblivious to his presence. He had to watch.

He leaned against the wall as he watched her, stifling a laugh as she began to swing even faster when the chorus came on for the second time. He cupped both hands to his mouth, not wanting to alert her. But seeing her dancing to his song was just too irresistible.

He continued to watch until the chorus began to repeat itself over and over, indicating the song was almost over. She began to move her feet at this point and twirl around, causing her hair to fly about as she was wildly shaking her head. She made one final twirl when she realized her audience.

Her eyes widened in shock before a loud squeal came out. She jumped back a foot and immediately felt embarrassed. She covered her face with both hands as her face went completely beat red. The kids continued to laugh, nearly rolling on the floor, tears streaming down their faces. They so knew that was coming and seeing it was too precious.

Michael no longer could hold in his laugh. He watched her as he laughed as she turned away from him, keeping her face covered. She did turn a little to be sure she saw right and sure enough still seeing him there at the doorway, she quickly snapped her head away. She was so busted. By now the song ‘Billie Jean’ began to play as it was the next song.

Prince was the first to get his laughter under control and he walked over to the stereo, turning off the CD and put it away. He knew his father wasn’t always into wanting to hear his own music. He looked at Lorna who was now on the floor, knees curled under her, still keeping her face covered. He could hear muffled sounds coming from her, but couldn’t make them out what they were.

He looked at his father as the man began to approach. He kneeled down to Lorna.

“I must say,” he giggled. “That’s quite the greeting for coming home.”

Lorna nearly jumped again as she did not know he was that close to her. She gave a struggled yelp before facing further away from him. The kids chuckled again.

“So can someone explain to me what is going on before I walked in?” Michael asked.

“We were depressed that you weren’t here this morning,” Paris explained. “And when Lorna asked us what was wrong, she decided to spend the time cheering us up.”

“Well I take it, it worked then,” Michael grinned.

“Go away,” Lorna muffled, still hot with embarrassment. “You were not supposed to see that.”

Michael chuckled. “So I’ve noticed.”

Blanket rushed over to his father and hugged him. “Where did you go?” he asked with his innocent face.

Michael looked at his youngest son. “I just had to run a few errands and I wanted to get an early start so I could spend more time with you three. I apologize for missing breakfast. But I’m glad Lorna kept you company.”

Paris walked over and hugged her father tightly around the neck. “I love you, Daddy.”

“I love you too, Paris,” he hugged back.

Prince also gave his father a quick hug and then left to go and play some video games in his room. Paris and Blanket also stood up to go do what they would normally do at this time of day, leaving Michael with Lorna.

Michael reached over to Lorna’s hunched shoulders and rested a gentle hand on her. “I wasn’t intending to startle you,” he said with a sobered voice. “You were just…it was just too cute, watching you.”

Lorna slightly turned her head and looked at him. “But you weren’t supposed to see that. I was only doing it to cheer the kids up.”

“And you did,” he commented. “But seriously where did that dance come from?”

Lorna turned away again. He had caught her, no sense in keeping it in the dark. “When I was younger,” she started in quiet voice, still strongly voiced in embarrassment. “I used to listen to ‘Thriller’ all the time. It’s been my favorite. And when I would hear you sing, it would just make my body relax and just go with the flow of the beat.”

“‘Thriller’ is the top selling album, even to this day,” he commented. “So you used to dance like that as a child?”

Lorna nodded in defeat. “When I got older, I had to stop as my brothers would laugh and tease me. But I would still sometimes secretly dance to it when no one was home even as a teenager when I was really stressed out. Of course that was when it was still a record and not CDs.”

“Those were the days,” Michael said. “Tomorrow is Saturday and it’s suppose to be really nice. I was wondering if you would accompany with me for a drive?”

Lorna looked up, redness finally gone. “Tomorrow?” It took her a few seconds to realize she agreed to go out with him on the day of Blanket’s birthday, which was nearly a week ago. Tomorrow would make it one week since agreeing. In that time, the weather had been nasty, chilly temperatures and rain. Now the weather seemed to be warmer and Michael had gone out. Michael didn’t even want the children to play outside turning those days.

“I guess it shouldn’t be a problem,” she slowly nodded.

Michael clapped his hands together. “Good. We’ll leave a little before lunch tomorrow. I will have to take my bodyguards of course and we’ll take the limo so we can fit everyone in one vehicle. And then next week we’re going to London.”

“I’ve never been in a limo before,” Lorna stated.

Michael smiled. “Well then you’ll be in for a real treat. I’ll make sure the little cooler is filled up with yours and my favorite beverages. Kai already has all your favorite foods in her food list, so I’ll be sure she makes your favorites in that as well.”

“Michael,” she started to feel nervous, but wanted forced to keep her voice in check. “Are you sure you want to have a picnic? I mean we are still February.”

Michael nodded. “Of course.” He was not going to let her get out of this. He had to tell her his feelings or they were going to burst. In fact him leaving really early was actually to look for a suitable spot for the two to have their picnic and it was a perfect spot too. He knew she liked nature since listening to her nature sounds CD. And from seeing her just a few moments ago dancing like a nut, he nearly lost control of his emotions. He so badly wanted to tell her. It was driving him nuts.

“Okay,” she said. She finally stood up as she felt her legs beginning to go numb. “Well…I…umm…better…” she stuttered.

“Cat got your tongue?” he inquired.

She turned to him to see him with a mischievous look in his eyes. “I beg your pardon?”

“You were just stuttering, so I’m wondering if a cat got your tongue.” His eyes glimmered with humor.

“You are impossible,” she huffed. She turned away when suddenly she felt a couple fingers give a feather touch on her neck. It caused her neck hairs to stand on end and she jumped. She turned away to see it had been Michael’s.

“What are you doing?” she narrowed her eyes.

“What makes you say I’m doing something?” he asked innocently. He so wanted to bug her. He did not want her to leave the room yet.

“Don’t you give me that,” she placed her hands on her hips and frowned. “I know that…look.” Her eyes widened as she slowly released her own hips. “No…” she shook her head. “Please don’t.”

“Don’t what?” he asked again innocently as he slowly took a step forward.

“Michael,” she warned. “Don’t you do what I think you’re going to do.”

He smirked as he took another step closer causing her to take a step back. She continued to step back. For every step she took, he took a step. She had a good idea on what he was about to do, she had to plan her way of escape carefully, he was a fast runner, that she was sure of.

As he looked at her, before she had turned around to try and leave, he suddenly had the overwhelming urge to do what he thought of doing when his son was chasing her on his birthday. Seeing her dancing like a maniac was just too enjoyable to let it go right yet.

“Michael…” she whispered as she took another step back. “Please don’t do this. I thought we were friends.”

“We are,” he smirked. “Isn’t it normal for friends to joke around and have fun.”

“Yes…” she breathed. “But not at the expense of what you’re about to do.”

“And what would that be?” He stretched his hand to catch hers, but she quickly snapped her hand to her body, getting it out of his reach.

He tried again with the other hand, but found she eluded him again. With a thought in mind, he took one large step and grabbed both of her arms, causing her to gasp in shock. He pulled her against his body, still grinning. “Now what are you going to do?” he asked mischievously.

She began to struggle, just as his hands found her way to her sides and began tickling her. She soon started to sequel and struggle to get away from him. He noted how much of a wiggle worm she was. Though he hoped she didn’t find out he was just as ticklish as she.

She tried to move his hands but found it to be futile. She had to get his hands off of her and get away from in a hurry before her squeals alerted the kids and they join in. She really didn’t want that. As she struggled, she was actually helpless in his grasp. He would stop very few seconds to let her breath before attacking her again.

At one point of letting her breath, something in her snapped about reading something about her host. She had read somewhere on the Internet something about his weaknesses. She couldn’t remember what those weaknesses were but she needed to learn them fast.

She reached forward, about to push on his stomach to get out of his grasp. Her fingers lightly brushed along his ribs and he jumped at the contact. His grin turned to a look of shock. She was finally out of his grasp, still breathing heavily.

“Was that,” she panted. “You jumping cause I hit a sensitive spot?” she asked.

“No,” he cracked. Boy he was now in trouble, but if he could twist it back to his advantage, it would be good.

He launched forward, planning on grabbing her hands, preventing her from doing it again. But he prevailed wrong. She had renewed energy suddenly. He was ticklish, she was sure of it. As he launched at her, she twisted around and attacked his unprotected ribs and began to tickle him back.

He blurted out laughing, trying to stop her fingers. He pushed away from her, causing her to fall on the sofa. Before she had a chance to get up, he decided to see if she had ticklish feet. He grabbed her feet and she immediately started to squirm again, to get away from him.

She thrashed about before finally kicking her feet into his hands, forcing him to let go. She didn’t give him a chance to recover before she climbed to the back of the sofa, jumping off of it and bolted for the stairs. He was amazed at how fast she was moving. He had to get her for finding his weak spot. He bolted after her up the stairs. He was grateful that his and her rooms were on the opposite side of the house so the kids wouldn’t hear what was going on.

She continued to run, seeing he was on her heals. She squealed again and ran faster. With his speed, he was able to catch up to her. He nearly was able to grab her at the top of the stairs but she did an abrupt turn about and headed towards her room. She got to her door and luckily it was opened. She ran as fast as she could, now able to feel his fingers brushing her arms as she ran, since he was faster than her.

Once getting to her room, she slammed the door shut nearly in his face and leaned against the door, breathing heavily. Just as the door closed, he had reached her door, but it was one second too late. She was safe.

“That room,” he lightly panted. “Won’t hold you forever.”

She was leaning against the door, hearing him. “At least,” she panted heavily. “It keeps you…pant…out for now.”

“You may win for now,” he continued. “But there’s always tomorrow.”

Her eyes widened in sudden fear. She was going to be alone with him tomorrow and they were going out. There would be nothing to protect her if he tried it again. She was now in deep trouble.

“Can we call a truce?” she suddenly blurted.

“A truce?” he questioned.

“I won’t tickle you, if you don’t tickle me. I mean if you keep this up. I will have no choice but to turn down the King of Pop, which I’m sure no fan has ever done before.”

“But as you told me before you weren’t really a fan of mine, just a respecter,” he taunted. “But I suppose a truce can be made, for now. But remember this, you attack my children I attack you. And I can see you are very ticklish on the feet.”

“And if you attack me,” she countered. “I will attack you. Don’t forget, I know my way around the Internet. I’m sure I could find some goods on you for the next time.” She was beginning to get her breathing back to normal.

Michael already had his breathing back to normal as he did not have lung problems. He had an idea Lorna probably did as she did live in Las Vegas and probably was around many smokers, making her a second hand smoker. He backed off from the door. He raised his arms. “I have walked away from the door.”

She could hear from the door that he did as his voice was muffled from being a little away. She turned to the door and slowly cracked it open to be sure he was correct. Sure enough he was at the opposite side of the hallway, hands raised. She opened the door more to get a better look at him.

“You promise to end this?” she asked.

He nodded. But he was sure he was going to do it again, but not anytime soon however. “I’ll give you a break,” he said. “I didn’t realize you were that ticklish.”

“And I didn’t realize you were either,” she admitted. “So we’re even. I just can’t use you as a shield.”

He smirked. “That’s true.”

“Oh, I spoke with my brother this morning,” she said, changing the subject, as she fully stood out of her room. “He surprised me today.”

“Oh?” he was now completely sobered from the tickle chase. “What did he have to say?”

“He’s surprised that I’m still here, but for some reason he wasn’t rude like the last time. He was actually quite impressed. And he’s actually happy that I’m no longer living in Las Vegas. He hated the idea of me living there. And he is glad that at least I’m living somewhere who will take care of me.”

Michael smiled. “But he still doesn’t respect me.”

“I think he’s coming around, if his wife has anything to say about it. She’s a fan of yours and she was actually at your concert you had ages ago in Vancouver back in the early 80s.”

“That was a long time ago,” he said. “I only had ‘Thriller’ and ‘Off The Wall’ at the time.”

“Well what about your other albums when you were part of the Jackson Five?” she asked.

“Yes, I have some solo albums from then but the other two were since breaking off from Jackson Five,” he explained.

“I know,” Lorna smiled. “But my sister-in-law loves the idea that I’m staying here with you. She though has requested to sometime meet you though. I told her that may be not so easy. I may be living with you, but that doesn’t make it right for me to use you like a tool to meet more friends.”

Michael looked at her with surprise. If he wasn’t already in love with her, he would have right then and there. She had much respect for him. “I’m not sure what to say.”

“Well besides the fact you are one sneaky bugger, you are human and deserve respect. And it would be wrong and betray your trust. You already told me you have trust issues and I promised you that I would never hurt you like the Arviso’s did. Besides, I am not that kind of person.”

He walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her as a couple tears shed from his eyes. She had to wrap her arms around him. “Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to mean,” he whispered, near her ear.

With the embrace she knew the tickle torture session was completely over. “You’re dear to me Michael,” she whispered back and then added to herself. More than you know too.

Michael held her close for a few minutes before releasing her. He then excused himself as he wanted to spend some time with his children. Lorna nodded to his retreating back and then went to her room to relax. From her being silly and then being embarrassed to getting tickled and then chased, wiped her out. She did wonder what the outing with Michael Jackson was going to bring.

After relaxing on her bed for a bit, she picked up her phone, which was installed in her room, and phoned Michael’s mother. She wanted to talk to the older woman for a bit, mostly to let her know what Michael had planned for the two of them.
Chapter 14 - Petals That Blossom by Lady1Venus
Chapter 14
Petals That Blossom

Just as promised, Lorna was ready to go for eleven. She walked down the stairs and gave the children a hug. She was surprised that the children weren’t upset that she wasn’t going to be with them for the day, but then again, Lorna really wasn’t getting out much and she knew she should. But at the same time, she was a little frightened the public would see her leave the property and follow her and that was something she did not want. She knew being with Michael Jackson; she was going to have to get over her phobia of the media. But she first wanted to be sure what she would say when she came face to face with them. She already had bad reviews about them.

After giving Paris a hug, her being the last, Lorna continued to head outside where the limo was waiting for her. She was slightly nervous as she saw the big vehicle. A gentle hand rest upon her shoulder causing her to slightly jump.

She turned to see a soft smiling face looking at her. “Your first limo ride,” he said. “May it be an enjoyable one.”

She slightly nodded. “Why a limo though?”

“Why not?” he asked. “Besides, as I said. This way we can all fit in one vehicle and my fans won’t really know it’s me. They know my cars really well, expect for the limo. And there is currently no fans around the gate.”

He took her hand and gave a gentle pull towards the car, where one of the security guards opened the door for them to allow them to get in. It was a spacious stretch limo, with the other security guards sitting closest to the front. When Lorna and Michael were in and seatbelt, the last security guard climbed into the front seat and they began their drive.

They were just beyond the gate, when Lorna felt her mouth go dry suddenly. She was really nervous being in a limo. It was a dream come true, something like out of a fantasy. Though she wasn’t dressed for the part as she was just dressed in jeans and sweater she was like living the part; big mansion, servants and limo. Michael was also dressed in jeans, which was very common for him. He was also wearing his fedora hat and sunglasses.

“I’m thirsty,” she announced.

Michael reached over to the cooler, which was on his side and pulled out a bottle of apple juice for her, which happened to be her favorite juice. He also pulled out a bottle of mineral water for himself. He handed Lorna her drink. Lorna accepted the bottle with a smile. She didn’t know what to say.

Lorna watched out the window as they drove. She noticed they were driving out of the city. “Where are we going?” she asked.

“Someplace nice and quiet,” Michael replied. “It will take us nearly an hour to get there, but it’s isolated and I’m sure we will be well hidden from public.”

Lorna nodded her understanding. He wasn’t going to exactly tell her. She continued to watch out the window as he reached over and clasped her hand. The security guards watched as their employer watched his friend. They knew what was going on and they did not need Mr. Jackson to tell them either. They could see the signs like nearly everyone else. They were actually happy that their employer was interested in someone again.

Once the limo was out of the city, it took about 15 minutes to pull off the highway towards a long old road. Lorna, then saw the trees. She sat further up in her seat and continued to stare out the window. She didn’t even pay attention as the limo pulled into another road and drove for about another 10 minutes before finally stopping.

On reflex, she opened her door and stepped out. One of the security guards was about to stop her when Michael held up his hand preventing them from assisting her. Michael wanted her to feel welcomed at the seclude spot. The security guard from the front opened Michael’s door and allowed the man out with an umbrella to stand under right away. Michael grabbed the umbrella as another guard stepped out with the picnic basket and blankets.

Michael held out his hand for the basket to be hooked on his arm before walking on the other side to Lorna. “Nice, isn’t it?” he asked.

She looked at him. “It’s like I’m back in Canada again. Green terrain, trees. I was raised in the country. And it doesn’t even feel like February either. It looks like a spring day.”

She saw him offer his arm that held the umbrella. She linked his arm with his and began to walk in the field. Two security guards followed behind, carrying blankets and two chairs. The others remained at the limo watching from a distance. Being out in the country, they would have ample time to get to their employer if they needed to.

The couple continued to walk until they reached a tree. Lorna turned and could see the limo. So they didn’t travel too far. She turned back to see Michael setting down the picnic basket. His two security guards took a hold of the umbrella before adding an extension to it, having it go to the ground and be supported at the bottom. Once the umbrella was set up, the two security guards unfolded the chairs and then left the couple alone.

“Aren’t you suppose to have them around at all times?” she asked.

“I do,” he said as he kneeled down and started to set up the picnic with the blanket and food. He then set the two chairs and placed a blanket on each chair.

Lorna was in total awe at him as he set things up. He was so down to Earth; he knew many of the simple things though he was filthy rich. Well maybe not so filthy anymore since the 2005 trial, but he was still wealthy enough to call himself rich, although his current staff was only five normal employees plus his security guards.

Once everything was all set, he stood up and clasped her hand. “Our lunch is now ready.”

The two then sat down and began to eat their lunch, which were their favorite lunch meals. They both had a sandwich with some cold salad. For dessert, Michael had a piece of carrot cake while Lorna opt for some chocolate cake. Chocolate was her favorite sweet. Of course most women loved chocolate.

“That was delicious,” Lorna said as she sat back, stretching her legs and leaned on her arms. “This is so nice.” Before getting to their location, Michael offered Lorna a set of sunglasses and a hat to block the sun from her. She happily accepted it since she knew they were going to be in the sun.

“I found this place yesterday,” he commented as he looked around. “It sort of reminds me when I first bought the property Neverland was on.”

“I’m sorry you had to give up your fantasy escape,” she said. “I wish it wasn’t destroyed.”

“Me too.” He turned to look at her. “But I will never go back there. And I have learned to accept that.”

“I wish I had half the money as you,” she said suddenly. “I’ve always had to struggle with money. Growing up was tough at times.”

“Can you tell me about it?” he asked. He was very intrigued in her past. “That is if it’s alright.”

“I don’t fear nor do I regret my past. I don’t mind talking about it. We lived out in the country, with a big yard and a lot of trees. We took a bus to school everyday. Some days were good and other days…well let’s just say it was tough.”

“How tough?” he asked.

“Well when I was really young, I don’t even remember, I’ve only heard the stories from my brothers. But we lived in such poor conditions, we kept getting infest with mice. That was gruesome.”

Michael gave a sour face at the thought but he remained silent.

“And my first year of school was not so good as we did not have good clothes. But somehow when I started Grade two, things started to change. I had received my first brand new bookbag and lunchbox. We all did actually. We were able to finally get our house fumigated and were actually able to build onto the house. Not sure how that happened. My dad must have gotten a better job than what he had. Whatever that other was? We started to live better with better conditions and I was able to have some friends at last.”

“Well that’s nice to hear. I once lived in a small house and being in a family of nine kids and parents, in a two bedroom house, that was tough,” Michael said.

“Yeah but that changed for you after the Jackson Five started,” Lorna said. “My family struggled. For a couple months, we had it rough and then another couple months it ran smoothly. It was like that all the way up until I was 16 when we moved to Vegas. I still don’t know why we moved there. I do know my father started to make more money and I was able to complete high school and even move off to college and attend a university in Vegas.”

“That’s something I never experienced,” he mused.

Lorna chuckled. “What would a famous pop singer be able to do in college or university for that matter when he was already popular as he was a child star? I highly doubted that was needed. You make more money in one month than I do in three years.”

“What made you move to the strip?” he asked, getting the subject back on hand.

“Well as you know my Dad died when I was 18, shortly after I started college. I had to get a job. We moved closer to the college and my job so I could attend both. We lived together until my Mom died and when she did, I took what was left of the money and moved into a bachelor apartment, across the street of where I worked, which was a very popular one too. It wasn’t a grand hotel but it was always busy. With rift raft, druggies, hookers and people who just wanted a room to have hot sex. I hated it.”

“I’m sorry you had to go through that,” he said. “Why do people have to advertise sex like it was like…”

“A drink,” Lorna finished for him. She sat up. “I know. It’s stupid. It should be treated with more respect than that. It sometimes sickens me. Not to mention my failed relationships. I can’t believe good-looking faces that just wanted my body for a night, fooled me. And then they would call me ugly. Good for sex but that’s about it. They would even say…” tears welled up in her eyes. “I should work the strip.”

Michael felt her sadness. He grasped her hand again, and scooted closer to her but remained under the umbrella. “I’m sorry you had to go through that.”

Lorna leaned her head against his chest as tears fell from her eyes. “I just wish I could find someone who won’t treat me like a tool or a piece of meat that can be thrown away.”

“I would never treat you like that,” he said warmly with a gentle voice.

“I just wish I could find someone to love me for who I am,” she continued quietly. “Not because I’m a female that has a chest. Why do people treat women like that?”

Michael held her close. “I don’t know,” he admitted. “I find it’s disgusting. Women are as equal to men.”

The two were quiet for a few minutes while Lorna listened to the rhythm of Michael’s heart. He was so kind hearted. And the more she was with him the more she wanted to tell him her feelings, but how to bring the topic up? Unknown to Lorna, Michael thought the same thing.

“Lorna,” he said finally. “How would you feel if you met someone who did care for you the way you want him to?”

“I’m not sure,” she answered. “I guess it would depend if I share his feelings. How would you feel if you met someone who wanted to be with you romantically? You’ve had some failed relationships.”

“If I was to be with someone special, I would want her to accept my fame but also love me for me.” He brought his fingers to hook under her chin and lifted it up so he could see her. He removed his sunglasses and hers so he could see directly in her eyes.

“Yeah, it probably would be best for her to accept your screaming fans and flashing cameras at every angle.” She watched him nod.

As he looked at her, he couldn’t hold it in any longer. He had to tell her and tell her now. “Lorna, I need to talk to you and it’s important.”

Her heart started to thump in her chest at his serious tone. She was afraid to know. What if he didn’t like her the way she liked him? She couldn’t take that rejection.

“Ever since you fell at my doorstep, you have changed my life and it’s heading into a direction I don’t want it to stop,” he started. He saw that she was about to speak, but he covered her lips with a finger. “Let me finish. I feel I can tell you everything. There are things I’ve told you that I’ve never told Liz or even my own mother.

“Being around you I feel like taking on the world again. I feel as if what happened to me a few years ago was just a bad nightmare and I just woke up. If it weren’t for the fact I’m not at Neverland, I would think of it as a dream. But I know it wasn’t. I love being around you.”

What was he saying? Was he telling her he liked her? She looked into his deep brown eyes and all she could see was his deep pools that glittered from the sunlight. “What are you saying?” she asked, voice trembling.

His fingers crawled up her face to cup her cheek. His other hand raised up to cup the other cheek. He wasn’t going to back down. He feared rejection but he was remembering what Liz told him that she doubted the woman would rejection him.

“Lorna…” he whispered. “You are an amazing woman and you’re someone I want to remain in my life. I have…”

Her face began to heat up and her heart was thumping so fast, she thought it would bust out of her chest. She felt like crying but also felt like bolting. But she also wanted to let him know that she liked him…no she loved him. She had fallen for him.

He took a deep breath as his voice hitched in his throat. “I have fallen for you,” he finally breathed out.

She took a gasp of breath. Did she just hear right. She went to move her lips but no sound came out. She was trembling so badly, she knew he could feel it through his hands.

“I can’t live without you,” he whispered. “I want you in my life. I can’t take it any longer.”

He stared at her, fear in his eyes, as she was silent. She saw the fear. He feared she would reject him. “Michael,” she breathed in a whisper. “I…I don’t want to leave you either. I want…to be…with you.” There was room for explanations later. But right now with his confession, she couldn’t explain hers, but to go straight to the point.

His heart began to beat faster than it already was. She wasn’t rejecting him. She wanted him. He leaned forward, closing his eyes. She saw that he was closing in. She knew what he was about to do and she wasn’t going to stop it. A sudden tingle touched her lips as she felt a feather touch from his. Her eyes closed at the tingle.

For a few moments, he allowed his lips to give her feather light kisses, giving her time to get used to him. Her hands came up and wrapped around his upper arms as he continued to give her butterfly kisses. She felt like fainting, but she didn’t want the precious moment to be broken.

After several feather touches, he pressed his lips a little harder against hers, lightly sealing their lips together. His heart was overwhelmed with love as he kissed her. Everything around them was forgotten. They both forgot they were in a meadow, being watched by the security guards at the limo. Not even the picnic around them was on their minds as they slowly kissed. His hands found their way from her cheeks into her hair and round her neck. Hers left his arms to wrap around his ribcage to his back.

Before long he released her lips and slid his lips across one side of her cheek to rest near her ear. Both remained with their eyes closed.

“I love you, Lorna,” he breathed into her ear.

“I love you too,” she breathed back. She forced his lips back onto hers where the kiss went deeper than before. He was a little surprised when he felt her tongue touch his lips and he could not resist as he allowed the invitation where then the two began a slow duel.

She could not believe she was kissing a 50-year-old man but she didn’t really care either. All she cared about was his arms around her.

Finally the need to breath slammed into both of them. He pulled away and stared into her eyes. His fingers brushed her hair from her face.

“What is your full name?” he finally asked.

“Lorna Angel McCall,” she answered still breathless.

“That’s a pretty name. My little angel,” he smiled. “I had a fallen angel at my doorstep. But now her wings have been mended.”

Tears came to her eyes again, this time in happiness. “And those wings were mended by a knight in shining armor.”

He lightly brushed her tears. “I have been wanting to tell you since last week.”

“On Valentine’s Day,” she started. “That dinner…”

“Honestly, I do not know what possessed me to nearly kiss you, but I wanted to so bad and ever since then too,” he openly admitted. “And now I have. But perhaps it might be best to keep this between the two of us for now. I’m not sure how the children would feel about this.”

Lorna nodded and then remembered her conversation she had with Katherine about her knowing about the custody battle. “I’m here for you,” she said. He gave a perplex look. “Michael, I know about your custody battle with Debbie Rowe. I want to help you.”

Michael sighed. “That wouldn’t be right for you to help me in a problem that doesn’t pertain to you.”

“Yes it would,” she argued. “If she wins the children, I wouldn’t see them again. Paris and Prince don’t even know who their mother is. I’m just saying I’m here for you, if need me. Don’t feel afraid to ask me for help. So what I’ve never been a mother and probably never will have any of my own, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know the system.”

He pulled her close against him, wrapping his arms completely around her. She raised her arms to rest against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. She wasn’t leaning against him long before he began to quietly sing to her. It took her several seconds to realize until he came to the chorus, singing the words. ‘I just can’t stop loving you’. It was one of his songs.

Oh how the words fit so perfectly at that moment. She remained quiet and still, listening to him singing to her. When his singing trailed off to a comfortable silence, she decided to slightly move and look at him.

“I love that song,” she replied quietly.

He looked lovingly at her. “The song has been playing in my mind for the past couple days and it just seemed right to vocalize it.”

“It was more than right,” she answered with a soft smile. “For once in my life, something went right for me. I found a wonderful man and I didn’t have to look for him. I fell into his lap.” She snuggled into him further, not wanting to let him go.

As he sat, he could feel his back wanting to give him hassle. He knew he was going to have to soon move to the chair that was set up. He kissed her head. “How about we sit in the chairs and I’ll read you something.”

She sat up and looked at him straight in the face. “You read to me? Read what?”

Michael reached over into the basket with one hand and pulled out a book. Lorna’s eyes widened in surprise. It was her favorite book, which she hadn’t seen in a few years. “Where did you get that?” she asked.

He smirked. “I have my sources,” he answered. “Though my source is someone you know very well.”

“Paris,” Lorna gasped. “Little sneak. She told you that book is my favorite book.”

Michael nodded as he handed her the book so she could look at it. Lorna studied the book. It was the same book as the one she read before, but this copy was a hard cover with embroidery lettering. She could tell the book was little expensive. It was Cinderella, but not the Disney version. More of an adult version but did have the same end result as the Disney version.

That book so now worked into her life. She basically just lived a Cinderella life. Going from a life of struggles to finding her Prince. Except her Prince just happened to be an amazing singer and dancer. Michael slowly stood, before taking Lorna’s hand and pulling her to her feet. He then stepped over to his chair. He released her hand as he sat down. She turned and picked up their drinks before taking her chair and putting it closer to him.

She sat in her chair, as he took his drink and the book. She then twisted herself to sit sideways in the chair, so her legs dangled over one of the arms. She draped her head over the other side and rested it against Michael’s lap. He softly smiled down at her, before gently brushing her fingers over her bangs. He covered his eyes with his sunglasses again before opening the book and began to softly read to her.

As Lorna listened to his voice speak out her favorite story, her mind traveled on when she began to love him. It actually began when he took her out shopping that day on Valentine’s Day. And even though the other day when he tickled her and even caught her dancing like an idiot, she still found it exciting. She loved the idea of spending time with him even it did embarrass her.

For a couple hours, she listened to him. During that time, the two, both curled up with the extra blankets and just relaxed. When Michael finally stopped, he looked down at her again.

“I’ll read more later,” he announced. “Are you ready to head for home?”

She looked at him as he brushed her bangs again, occasionally gently stroking her cheek. “I’m enjoying this too much,” she said. “I don’t want to go back to reality.”

“Neither do I, but I do have responsibilities, waiting for me at home. Namely three children.”

Lorna pouted and then sat up, dropping the blanket on the floor. She went to stand, but he suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, forcing her to fall into his lap. “Don’t you dare think about cleaning.”

She gave a startled gasp as he pulled her. She was not expecting to sit in his lap. Her arms though, instinctively went around his neck. “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“You are not going to clean up ‘my’ mess,” he stated firmly. His arms found their way around her waist, holding her in place. “If anything, we’ll take a walk and let my guards take care of it.”

“Michael,” she started, but she didn’t get far as he leaned forward and planted his lips on hers. Whatever she was going to say was forgotten as he kissed her. Her hands found their way into his hair, combing through his silk strands.

The two kissed for a few moments before pulling away. He had let her go so she could stand and when she stood, he stood. Both standing, he then instructed to Lorna how to help disable the extension to the umbrella. Once it was off the extension, he took the umbrella in one hand and then took Lorna’s in the other and started to walk away.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his guards scramble out of the car. Two headed towards the picnic while the others followed him, but kept their distance. For about thirty minutes the two walked hand in hand, enjoying the weather and peacefulness, before turning back and headed to the car. Once in the car, Lorna snuggled against Michael as he wrapped an arm around her.
Chapter 15 - Trip to London by Lady1Venus
Chapter 15
Trip to London

Keeping true to the word, Lorna and Michael left it quiet between them of their relationship, wanting to make sure the children were going to be comfortable with the two being ‘together’. The other staff members had their hunches on the secret developing relationship but did not say a word. Nor did they ask the security guards what was going on, as they knew everything. They had watched closely as their employer had a lunch ‘date’ with Miss McCall and even witnessed as the two had shared their first kiss.

Though the two hated being apart and acting like friends during the day, though they did do their cuddly moments in front of the children, they did not release their full feelings until after the children went to bed, which then he would invite her to his room and he would read to her more of the Cinderella story. She didn’t mind that at all as she got the moment in where she could cuddle into him, laying on his chest. He would prop his head up with pillows. They would read for about an hour each night.

Michael was vastly beginning to enjoy there evenings together. With no staff members around, the two could easily express their feelings. They would read for an hour and then either would take walks around the property or spend some time sitting in the tree, holding hands. Of course the two would share some romantic kisses along the way. The security would stick around the manor until Michael would go off to bed and even one security would always remain at the manor as he did not have a family to go home to. Since admitting her feelings, Lorna started to not be so scared of climbing trees.

The two were currently sitting in a tree, holding hands with him softly rubbing her knuckles. “I see you’re getting more courage to come up here,” he stated.

She looked around, marvelling at the beauty again. “Yeah, well I have someone special to help me along the way.”

He smiled warmly. “I love our evenings together. I feel so refreshed and relaxed. You know we won’t be seeing much of each other when I start rehearsals.”

“I know,” she said. “But we’ll still have our evenings. Besides, it will give me some time to figure things out.”

“What kind of things?” he asked; raising her knuckles to his lips and left a gentle kiss there.

“Well you know my father was mysterious killed and I have been thinking about him lately. I’m thinking of contacting the LVPD and see about having the case reopened. It’s a cold case, yes, but I have always wanted to know. Seeing you with your children reminded me of my Dad.”

He nodded. “I wish I was there for you when he passed away. Same as for when your mother passed away.”

“I know, but you’re here for me now and that is what matters.” Two weeks ago, she would have blushed if he kissed her hand, but now she had no reason to as the two were dating.

Lorna looked at her watch and realized the time. “Perhaps we should do this at another time. It’s getting late and we’re leaving tomorrow morning.”

Michael nodded. He moved away and climbed down. She then climbed down as well. This time when she got close to the ground and he reached up to steady by holding her waist, she did not jump, instead she allowed herself to fall into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck. He braced himself for her release, as he knew she was going to do it.

Once the two were both fully on the ground, they looked into each other’s eyes before rising forward to seal their wonderful evening with a gentle but yet romantic kiss. He loved kissing her.

-

It was now time to take the trip to London. With everything all packed and loaded into the car, Lorna started to feel a sense of nervousness. In reality she had not been on a plane since she had moved to Vegas and that was nearly 20 years ago. She was going to take a plane to Canada a month and half ago, but she really didn’t think of it then as she was sad she was going to leave her new friend.

Her thoughts were interrupted, as there was a knock at the door. She turned in time to see the man she loved entering the room.

“Are you ready?” he asked.

“I guess so,” she said.

He gave her an odd look. “Is something the matter?” he asked as he walked further into the room.

“I guess I’m a little anxious,” she admitted. “I haven’t been on a plane for 20 years and since 9/11, I began a fear of flying.”

“How come you never told me this before?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around and kissed her temple.

“It never really crossed my mind as I was suppose to leave and the sadness of leaving was consuming me more than my fear.” She hugged him back, sliding her hands under his sport coat he was wearing.

“You have nothing to fear,” he whispered, untangling his arms from her back and gently lifted her chin to look at him with two fingers. “I have travelled all over the world and I bring my children where I go. We are taking a private jet and the security will be very tight.” His other shoulder found it’s way to her neck where he began to softly rub it.

Her eyes closed. “How do you do that?” she asked. She could hear him chuckle. “Is it your voice, or just somehow the words you use that always seem to calm my nerves?”

He leaned towards, a breath away. “Or maybe it’s because you have a very gentle boyfriend.”

She looked into his dark pools. “Don’t I know it,” she smiled. “And when this gets out, I’m going to have hell to pay with your fans and tabloids.”

Michael nodded. “But we’ll face it together. I think the children are beginning to get suspicious of our behaviour.”

“Well you were the one who wanted to keep this a secret for a little bit. I think we could tell them. They do like me.” Her arms tightened around his waist.

“We better get going before we are missed,” he suggested.

She smirked before reaching forward to give him a light kiss. She then disengaged her arms and was about to move when he tightened his hold, pushing her against him, covering her lips, which quickly turned into a duel. Their kiss was disturbed when a security guard came around the corner.

“I’m sorry to disturb you,” he said as he saw them kiss.

Michael pulled away and licked his lips. He continued to stare at his woman lovingly.

“Everyone is ready and we’re just waiting for you two,” the guard announced.

“We’ll be down in a minute,” Michael answered. “Be sure to have a fedora hat and sunglasses for Lorna.” Lorna gave him an odd look. He smiled at her. “I’m sure she’ll want to avoid and media, though that will put more talk that isn’t true.”

“This time I will be ready for them. “I’ll just have the sunglasses and if it is alright with you, I’ll walk beside Grace.”

“I’ll have the sunglasses at your disposal and I will be sure the fedora is nearby in case you would like it,” the guard said. He turned and walked away.

“Just the sunglasses?” Michael questioned. “That will give a better a picture of who are.”

Lorna lifted her head in a defiant look. “Bring it on. If I am going to date you, I guess I should ‘suck it up buttercup’ and deal with it. I love you and for that I must accept and be proud of your fame.”

Michael smiled brightly and pulled her close in an embrace. “You don’t know how much that means to me. But we better get going.”

-

Getting to the airport was no problem, but getting past customs was difficult. The kids were tightly holding their masks as they walked along, with their father taking the lead. Lorna and Grace were holding the hands of the kids. Lorna had her hair in a ponytail. Blanket was in the middle having his hand held by Lorna and his Nanny. Prince walked on Grace’s other side as Paris tightly held Lorna’s hand.

Lorna could hear, ‘who’s that?’ and ‘that’s her’. She ignored the voices and held her head quite high. She could see cameras going off. She watched as Michael waved and blew kisses to his fans and the cameras. Once getting past customs and made their way to the waiting area, which was completely empty for Michael and his group. Tons of fans gathered around the glass windows to watch and scream his name.

Lorna rolled her eyes at them as she saw them; it was a good thing the room was nearly sound proof. The group had to wait for the current plane that just boarded from that hanger, to take flight before they could board the private one. Blanket and Paris were sitting in one of the seats and waited patiently. Grace sat beside them. Lorna walked over to Michael.

“How can you stand them?” she asked.

“I love the energy that I get from the fans. Yes it can hurt the ears at times but it’s no worse than my concerts and I love the sound. You did quite well.”

“Thank you,” she smiled. “Though I did hear more of the whispers, but I just kept on going. Though once the world knows of us, they will get a shocker.”

Behind his sunglasses he raised a brow. “And how do you plan on doing that?”

She lowered her sunglasses so he could see her eyes. She gave him a wink. “You’ll just have to see what happens. I know I’ll have to do some crowd control on the nasty rumors already started.”

“Mr. Jackson,” a voice was heard from a loudspeaker. “You and your party may now board the private jet.”

Everyone stood. Michael walked away from Lorna to head towards the walkway to the jet. The others then fell into line like before with the guards surrounding them. As soon as they were on the jet and seated, one security guard remained on board while the others went out and inspected the jet to be sure everything was in order. The inspection took a little over an hour and when they were satisfied everything was fine, they boarded, allowing the pilot to get the permission to leave.

Lorna gripped the armrest in her seat as she felt the jet jolt forward, indicating they were moving forward. Michael was sitting beside her and he grasped her hand and held it tightly. Once they were in the air the security guards unbuckled their seat belts and went over to the refreshment stand and offered everyone something. Michael even unbuckled himself, indicating to Lorna that it was ok now. When she did, he continued to hold her hand and softly brush his fingers over her knuckles.

“You see,” he whispered in her ear, giving her cheek a soft sensual kiss. “There’s nothing to worry about.”

“Michael,” she whispered. “The others are around.”

“Daddy,” Blanket called from his seat as he played with some of his toys. “How long is the flight?”

“About ten hours,” the pop singer answered as he moved away from his girlfriend. “This is your first trip in awhile.”

“Miss McCall,” one of the guards said from Lorna’s right. “Would you like me to set up the laptop?”

“There’s wireless?” she asked with surprise.

“Of course,” he smiled.

“Please do,” she said.

Michael removed his shakes and raised his eyebrow. “What are you doing?”

She turned to him. “I’m going to check my emails and maybe chat with a couple friends.” She stood up and walked over to where the laptop was being set up. Michael then walked over and decided to watch her. Though he wasn’t much for the Internet and found it was dangerous, he was intrigued by what Lorna did. He watched in fascination as she typed really fast on the computer. He never saw anyone type that fast before.

-

Once getting to London and they made it through customs, a limo was waiting for them to take them to the hotel they were going to stay at. As they stepped out of the airport to the screaming fans, Lorna couldn’t help but stop to and ‘wow’ the view. She would have gawked longer until one of the guards whispered in her ear.

“Please keep going. Mr. Jackson can show you around later.”

Lorna gave him an apology smile and then continued walking to the car. She was silent as they drove to the hotel, staring out the window at the sights. Michael was sitting beside her, smiling. She looked like a kid at Christmas. He lowered her face to her ear.

“I told you, you would love it here,” he whispered. “I suppose you got caught up in the moment with seeing the city. I saw the guard had to talk to you.”

She continued to look out the window for the main fear that if she turned, she would be kissing the man she was beside and she didn’t want let the cat out of the bag. That was for Michael to do. All too soon, sight seeing through a window was over as the pulled into the back parking lot of the hotel.

Lorna was quite confused when they pulled into the back of the hotel and everyone got out and made their way through the kitchen of the hotel to the service elevator to their floor. Upon arriving in one of the rooms, they could hear chants coming from just outside the windows at ground level. Lorna was quite surprised that the whole floor of the hotel was vacant for Michael Jackson and his crew who was with him.

“Mr. Jackson,” Grace called. “The children look wiped out. I’m going to get them settled into bed.”

Michael looked at the Nanny and nodded. He walked to his three children and gave them each a hug and kiss. Lorna decided to as well give her good nights. As the kids left, Michael walked over to the window and opened it, letting in the screams. The second his hand went out the window the screams got louder. He then gave his fans a wave and a blow kiss before returning into the room and addressed his girlfriend. The security also had left the room, as Michael was now safe.

Lorna gave a stretch. “Well I think I’ll head off.”

“Do you have to go?” he asked.

“Michael, I haven’t been on a plane for that long before. And I’m soon going to have jet legged.”

He wrapped his around her. “I’m glad you’re here,” he said.

“So am I,” she agreed. “And since last week, I’ve been excited to come and I still am. I’m somewhere I’ve never been before. I love it.”

He smiled at her. “Your room is next to mine. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to enter. My door is always opened for you. In three days is my speech and I would like you to be there, giving me moral support.”

“Really? You want me to be there?” She blinked. “Why? I mean it’s your speech. It’s not right of me to do that. I can’t stand up there with you.”

“No, but you can stand off to the side with my security.” He pulled his arm away and placed it over his heart. “It would make me happy if you were there with me.”

She looked lovingly at him and softly sighed. “Oh Michael, how can I say no. That soft voice of yours…how can I?”

He gave a smirk. “Well at least I know my voice has methods of persuasion.”

She raised a brow. “Don’t be going around and filling more of that ego of yours. I do know men can get a little too proud when their ego gets involved.”

“I would do no such thing,” he whispered. She tried to hold back but couldn’t and a yawn escaped her. “Perhaps you are correct in wanting to get some sleep. But would it be ok, if I give you a good night kiss?”

“I think that could be arranged…” she reached up to meet his lips. He didn’t let her reach up too far before he had his on hers. The kiss lasted longer than a normal good night kiss would last, but it was enjoyable to say the least.

-

Over the two days before the speech, Michael took Lorna and the children on an adventure around London. Lorna was quite intrigued to what she got to see. When the children would go to bed, Michael would then treat Lorna to an evening out to see the night-lights of the city. They were so remarkable to her. Lorna made sure to take a lot of pictures with a new camera Michael had given her. With the security guards around, she was able to get pictures of the two together. Even Michael snuck some pictures in.

She wouldn’t realize he did take pictures until she would turn around he would be putting his hands down with said item in hand. Many times she would try to scowl him on it but he would just laugh and pull the camera out of her grasp but raising his arm up higher so she couldn’t reach.

After the tenth time of him doing that, she got really annoyed at him.

“Michael,” she growled as she tried to reach up to get the camera. “You are not being fair.”

“I’m not being fair?” he asked innocently though he was giggling. “Who is the one who keeps getting pictures of me when I’m not looking?”

“Hey I want pictures of you, being you, not tabloid crap and certainly not what the media releases. Now give that back.” She tried again, but he moved out of the way once again. “You are so lucky the kids are not here and we are alone up here.”

It was the night before he would make his speech and the two were standing on top of one of the skyscrapers that over looked the London Bridge with the security right there.

“That is true,” he said. “So what is wrong with me taking a few pictures of a beautiful girl such as yourself?” he asked as he placed the camera into his other hand, as she was pulling down on his arm which was holding it.

She groaned, as she had to then attack the other arm. “Because I’m not one for surprise pictures.”

“Better get used to it,” he said as he handed the camera to the other hand again.

“Michael, cut it out,” she whined. “I want it back.”

Over where the security was watching, they were quietly laughing at the lovebirds as they fought. They were dreading the day when it would come when the two probably would have their first fight.

As she was trying to jump for the camera, he decided it was high time to end the little charade. With his free arm, he wrapped his arm around her waist, forcing her to stop jumping. She gave a gasp as her body was suddenly pushed right into his body.

“Now what’s this about wanting me to stop?” he asked with mischief in his voice.

“How do you do that?” she asked breathless. “You always seem to catch me off guard. One of these days I will get you back.”

“I’m looking forward to that day.” He lowered his other hand so the camera, resting completely between them, wrapped his other arm around her. “Now if you want to move, go ahead, but then that camera will be ruined.”

She narrowed her eyes. “You sneaky little Fu…”

“Ah ah,” he said, slightly cocking his head. “You know how I’m not into those kind of words.”

“Sorry,” she said. “But you are sneaky.”

“You can be sneaky too,” he added. “As you got some pictures of me without my knowledge.”

Her face took a serious note. “Are you sure you want me to go with you tomorrow?”

“Yes,” he answered. “I love you and wish for the one I love to stand near me as I announce to the world my plans.”

She smiled. “I just wanted to be sure you want me there. Your children won’t be there.”

Michael nodded. He slowly reached up and grabbed the camera and then pulled away from her, placing the camera in her hands. “Are you ready to head to the hotel?” he asked.

“Can we get one more picture?” she requested.

“I think that could be allowed,” he grinned. He looked past her and ushered with his hand for his security to come over. One of the men walked over.

Lorna looked at the man. “Can you get one more picture of us?” she requested.

He nodded as Lorna handed him the camera. Lorna then grabbed Michael’s hand and walked near the ledge. When she was directly in front of the lookout of the bridge, she turned. She then cuddled herself into Michael, wrapping her arms around his waist, getting him to do the same. The two looked towards the camera, pressing their cheeks together and waited with a smile for the guard to take the picture.

-

The day was finally here for the press release and just as promised, Lorna went with Michael to make his public speech about his concerts. She could see he was really looking forward to this, as he couldn’t stop smiling the whole time in the car. He held her hand tightly as they drove. She again only donned on sunglasses and had her hair in a ponytail. Michael’s was down, but volumized with his wig. He had his sunglasses and with him wearing black jeans and his black studded shirt and studded armband, he looked very handsome.

He looked at her when the car stopped. “I love you,” he whispered, giving her hand a kiss.

She did not get the chance to speak back before the door opened and he had to let go of her hand to head towards where the podium was. Lorna stepped out next and walked a little bit behind him. She watched his back as he approached a red curtain and just beyond that she could hear fans screaming his name and calling out ‘This is it’.

She watched him disappear around the curtain and she stopped just before the curtain and listened to her boyfriend give his speech. She was able to see from a monitor nearby his reaction and the reaction of his fans as he spoke. She even giggled when he stepped away from the podium for a moment to give a few air punches, causing the audience to cheer louder. He then continued his speech.

She watched in fascination as his speech ended with him giving the peace symbol on both hands and said.

“I’ll see you in July!” With that he turned and walked from whence he came from behind the curtain. Before he disappeared behind the curtain, he stopped and blew a kiss to his fans before finally retreating behind the curtain.

“That was a good speech,” Lorna said as she walked over to him.

He smiled at her. “That it was.”

“Mr. Jackson,” one of the guards came up. “A message just came in from the hotel. There’s a message for Miss McCall.”

“A message for me?” Lorna asked. “The only person who knows I’m here is my brother.”

“We’ll head back to the hotel,” Michael announced. “I’m sure the children would like to have some time with me.”

Lorna nodded. The two walked the way they came, towards the car. Once getting to the street, one guard stopped Lorna from going any further until Michael was out in the open first. She waited patiently as she could hear fans calling to the pop singer. She did give a moment of jealously because of how popular he was, but it quickly passed as she remembered she was the one who got to kiss those kissable lips everyday, not the fans. They can have wishful thinking.

When the guard allowed Lorna to go, she quickly made her way towards the car and getting in quickly before too many fans had a chance to know she was there. Once in the car and the car pulled away, she leaned against the man she loved as he wrapped an arm around her. She didn’t know why but showing her affections in front of the security did not bother her. Perhaps it was because they had watched the development happen before their eyes.

Once getting to the hotel and entering through the kitchen to the service elevator to their floor, the two had to place on their façade until the right moment came to inform the children of their relationship. Besides Lorna was too anxious on what the message was for her to really matter. She had pushed herself away from Michael as she rushed down the hall to where the message was waiting for.

Michael was a little perplexed why she would push past him pretty quick once getting off the elevator. The guards were a little confused as well.
Chapter 16 - Return From London by Lady1Venus
Chapter 16
Return From London

After seeing to her message and seeing that it did come from her brother, she contacted her brother quickly to talk to him. And what he had to tell her shocked the heck out of her. For hours, after talking to her brother, she started to make other phone calls to get some answers. She was grateful that she was like nine hours ahead of where she was living. This way she was able to communicate with people more. She was constantly on the phone with lawyers, police and anything she could get a hold of. She did not like what her brother had to tell her, which he did not like either. She even contacted her other brothers as well to be sure on what she had learnt.

Finally after being too exhausted to speak anymore, she collapsed on her bed. She did take a little time to take in room service and even gave her love to the children when they went off to bed, but other than those times, she was not leaving her room. She was so emotionally drained; she didn’t know what to do. Her thoughts were disturbed, as there was a knock at her door. She got up to answer the door and to her surprise and relief she was greeted with a friendly face.

“I’m sorry,” she apologized. “I got so caught up in what Luke had to tell me that I forgot about you and the children. Though I did give them my love a short time ago.”

“May I come in?” he asked. “Or would rather me stand out here in the hallway?”

She opened the door wider and walked away, letting him in the room. He walked in and closed the door. “What was the message you received?” he asked once the door was closed.

She turned around as tears threatened to fall. “Luke got a letter that was address to father. But it was addressed the day he died.”

“That’s strange,” he inquired, noting the tears that were threatening to fall. “You said yourself he died a long time ago.”

“Yeah, I was 18, which was 17 years ago. So how would a letter that’s dated 17 years ago turn up now, after all these years?”

“Do you know what the letter said?” he asked as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Just mostly about being careful. Oh and there was one line that Luke is bothered by and I don’t blame him. I am too. I wrote it down.” She turned away from him, going to the desk where the phone sat. She picked up the paper, she wrote the message down on, allowing Michael to read it.

“You need to get out,” Michael read aloud of the note. “Your life and the life of your children are in danger. Lorna is your only daughter, she could get really hurt by this.”

He drew his eyes up from the paper. “That doesn’t make much sense.”

“I know,” Lorna shivered. “But it’s really creepy. Whoever wrote that letter, knew my name and knew I was the only daughter. Michael, what if my father’s death has more than I ever thought possible. I mean I feel he was murdered, but what if it goes deeper than that?”

He reached forward and pulled her into a protective embrace. “Did you want to find out? You can use my resources.”

“I can’t do that,” she protested. “You have this concert to get ready for.”

He pulled his hands up to cup her face with both hands. “Lorna, if you feel you must figure this out, I will not stop you. You are too important to me to have you just be around me because I am who I am.”

“I know that,” she answered quietly. “I just don’t want you to feel obligated to help me. You have your concerts to do and I don’t want that to interfere in possible things I have to do. I also don’t want it to disrupt our lives. We just found each other and I don’t want to ruin that.”

“Neither do I,” he answered softly. “But I don’t want to get in the way of answers.”

“I wouldn’t know where to begin,” she said. “I’ve tried contacting my parents lawyer and my other two brothers. I even called LVPD. What more can I do?”

“You already said you may have the case reopened,” he said. “Perhaps you should start there. You also have the Internet at your disposal. I may not be much for it, but I do know you can find many things.”

“But there is also that trip you want me to take you on to Canada to show you how Maple Syrup is made.”

His hands moved from her face to grasp both hands. He brought her hands to his lips and kissed both hands. “How’s this then. You find what you can over the phone and Internet. I’m not starting my rehearsals until next month. Once we get back from Canada, we’ll both start our projects.”

“My brother also told me he found a crate of things that he wants to send me. But I told him I’d rather mention it to you first.”

“Angel,” he gasped, using her middle name, but also giving the name as a nickname. “You don’t have to get my permission. That house is just as much as yours as it is mine. You live there with the children and me. My angel doesn’t cater to no one.”

The way he said her name, she knew he was using the word more as a nickname than her proper real name. There was a few times since he learnt that was her middle name he would call her that. He watched her nod.

“And there’s no sense in me arguing with you about it, I’ll lose in the end,” she said, causing him to raise an eyebrow. “When you have your mind set, you will not be persuaded to have it changed.”

“You can be too,” he added. He released her hands. “I suppose you would like to stay in tonight.”

“Yeah, I’m not really in a mood to see the sights again. When do we go home?” she asked.

“Tomorrow afternoon,” he answered. “I was planning for the day after tomorrow but the forecast is calling for a major snow storm. I would like to be out of here before the city gets hit.”

“That’s a good idea,” she said. “I remember when I was growing up, we would get snow storms so bad that it would cause school closures. Now those were fun days. I miss those days.”

“You like snow?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

She nodded with a soft smile. “Did you bring the book with you?” she asked suddenly.

He smirked. He knew what she was talking about. “You stay here and I’ll get it. I had a feeling you would want to read it.”

He quickly left her room. Knowing his speed, she quickly went to her suitcase and grabbed her pyjamas and got ready for bed. She just emerged from the bathroom when he knocked and then entered her room, wearing his own red silk pyjamas and carrying her favorite book.

He smiled warmly at her as she quickly climbed onto the bed and bunched up the pillows for him. He soon lay on the bed and once he was in position, she lay on his chest and got comfortable. He read for an hour to her as she snuggled into him and listened. The two ended up falling asleep in each other’s arms after he had finished reading.

-

Being home was refreshing for Lorna. None of the staff were there as it was their day off. Everyone was tired as they had been on the plane for ten hours and it was afternoon for them once again. The children slept somewhat on the plane, but they still were tired. The moment Lorna was in the door and she had her shoes off, she could see the floors had been freshly waxed.

She dropped her purse at the door and then slid across the floor in her sock feet. Michael wasn’t completely in the door when he was forced to stop moving, while being in the middle of speaking to his guard to see Lorna slide. The children were directly in front of him as they watched.

Blanket looked at his father. “Daddy, I think Lorna is happy to be home.”

“I think so too,” Michael nodded. “Let’s get in the door so we can get our luggage in the house and unpack.”

The Jackson children and their father got completely in the house, letting the security bring in the bags. Once they were in, Grace, the Nanny went and took the children’s luggage to their rooms. What was left was Lorna and Michael’s. The children then followed Grace up the stairs to their room.

Lorna continued to slide across the floor in her socks, grateful to being home. She had seen the others leave the room. She quickly turned about and slid to Michael, stopping just a few feet from him. “I love doing that,” she said.

Michael rolled his eyes from behind his sunglasses. She couldn’t even see him roll his eyes, which at that moment, he liked.

“I’m so glad to be home,” she replied as she sobered up. “And with no staff here, I feel like jumping like an idiot and bounce like a kangaroo.”

He raised an eyebrow. “What did you eat on the plane?”

“Oh come on,” she half whined. “You know I’m not used to going somewhere and be watched at every turn. Being home, I can do things and not have to watch for my safety. I can go outside and go down town and not be followed. Yeah that may happen when your fans learn of me but until then, I have my freedom.”

“But you hardly leave the property and when you do, you never go alone.”

“Blame it on paranoia. You try living in Vegas at the strip. Not that you would. You’re too rich for that blood. And yes I know you’re not as much as you once were but you still have more money than you actually let on.”

He nodded and removed his sunglasses.

“Oh finally,” she said sarcastically. “Now I can see those handsome dark brown eyes of yours. And it’s something that I find myself a lot staring at.”

He smirked and quickly wrapped his arms around, pulling her close to him. “Well perhaps I should wear my glasses more often.”

Lorna pouted as her hands rested against his chest. “Why do you torture me so?”

He gave a high pitch giggle. He never thought that he was torturing her but just hearing the words, he could not hold his laugh. He looked at her. “Maybe I like to,” he teased.

“So I have noticed,” she frowned. “For a man who is nearly hitting 51, you sure have a childish side. I’ve never met anyone quite like you.”

“Should I be scared of that one?” he remarked.

“Take it as you will,” she smirked. “But to me, it’s a compliment. I’ve always like taking a step back and be a little silly. It helps to release tension.”

“That’s for sure. One of these days when the temperatures get a little warmer, you are going to have an adventure.”

“What type of an adventure is that?”

“Super Soakers and water balloons,” he smiled. “They are two of my favorite pastimes.”

“Water fights?” she took a deep breath. “I’ve always lost to those.”

“Well maybe I’ll get you on my team and have adults versus the children,” he grinned. “They are pretty good.”

“I don’t know,” she tried. “I always seemed to get hit.”

“Well time for you to learn how to avoid getting hit.” He was secretly vowing to himself to be sure to get her and get her good, especially if she wasn’t on his team. He looked away from Lorna to see Grace was coming down the stairs. He removed his arms.

“We better take our things to our room. For just once I’ll order in. I don’t normally like ordering out in the weekday but the staff is off today.”

Lorna nodded. She picked up her suitcase and headed towards the stairs. She past the Nanny and smiled at her.

-

After getting settled and got herself back on her normal routine, Lorna contacted her brother again to talk more to him about that letter he received and to also let him know he could send the crate to the mansion. It was decided upon by the two they would have the case reopened and he would do it. He had some vacation time coming and he was going to go to Vegas. He also decided he was going to vacation with his little sister. He would go to Vegas last and for only one night.

Lorna got really excited about that and when she informed Michael of it, he insisted that her brother stay at the mansion when they arrived. Michael was actually looking forward to meeting her brother, his wife and children. He knew the wife was a fan, but he didn’t mind.

“Are you sure about this?” Lorna had asked him for the 100th time since she asked which was three days ago.

“Lorna, I told you. I’m sure,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her. Something he loved doing. The two were standing in his Den. The children were doing their home schooling.

“But my sister-in-law is a fan of yours and my brother is not completely fond of you,” she defended.

“And they are your family,” he said. “Getting a hotel here in LA can get very pricey. And why have them spend their money on that when they can just stay here. Your brother can see who I really am and perhaps their children can befriend mine.”

“Well then I hope being here, he can be persuaded to have his mind changed about you. Besides he’s going to have to get over the fact that you and I are seeing each other. Though he doesn’t know that yet.”

“Why didn’t you tell him?” he asked.

“I don’t really want to get into it with him over the phone. Besides doing it in person, he could see how much we care for each other.” She leaned her head on his shoulder. She was able to smell his cologne. “I love that scent,” she breathed out a little too loud.

The moment she heard him chuckle, she knew she said it too loud. She squeezed her eyes closed. She really wasn’t in the mood for another teasing session from him. He was always constantly teasing her. She lifted her head and moved out of his embrace.

“Well I should get back to what I was doing before,” She rushed out.

“And what would that be?” he asked, raising a brow.

“Well at the end of month we’re going to Canada. I want to stay somewhere where the media can’t follow and you can nearly feel free. I have an Uncle who lives in Northern Ontario. I’m going to see if we can have use of his cabin for a week while we stay up there.”

“Where is the cabin located?”

“In the woods,” she winked. “In complete isolation and seclusion. It’s far enough in the woods that no media would want to follow. It’s completely isolated too. The children can walk around out in the open with no masks and be like normal children.”

“They would enjoy that.” He stared intently at her. She was out of his arms reach. He could not pull her to him and kiss her. He had not been able to kiss her since returning home as she had been tired from having to prepare for their trip to Canada and of course her constantly making long distance phone calls. He knew his phone bill was going to be pretty high. He was glad for the long distance savings plan. He sometimes had his fair share of making many long distance calls.

“That should be interesting,” he finally said. “Though the children do not have anything warm to wear up there.”

“You let me worry about that. I just need to get clothing sizes and I’ll get them, which the children already have. I just need yours.”

He walked over to her with a sly smile. She saw the look and took a step back. “Michael, don’t even think about it. I know you well enough to know when you’re about to do something and it’s going to be something I’m not going to like it.”

He continued advance towards her. She continued to back up until finally she backed into wall. She was suddenly trapped. She saw once chance to escape. She had no idea what he had been planning to with that grin of his. As far as she could tell he could be ready to tickle her again. She went to make a made dash towards the door, but he grasped her and pulled her against him.

She gasped as she felt a solid body against her but at the same time a wall behind her. She looked into his brown eyes and could see herself reflecting through them. She gulped.

He did not give her a chance to say his name and she was quickly shocked to what he wanted to do. He had one arm against the wall, the other holding her hand. His lips were mashed against hers. She melted into him as he kissed her. It did not take him long to push the kiss to the next level as the two began a duel of tongues. She was more than breathless when they parted. He was even breathing quite heavily too.

While he kissed her, his hand had left her hand and wrapped around her waist where he pulled her tight against him. His other arm wrapped into her hair and settled against her back. Her arms wrapped around his neck.

He stared at her as the two controlled their breathing.

“Each time you kiss,” she whispered. “Is better than the last. How do you do that?”

“A gift,” he replied with a whisper. “And I hadn’t kissed you in a few days and it was driving me crazy. You could give a man a heart attack you know.”

“Well I certainly hope not,” she lightly gasped. “I want him to stay by my side. I love him too much.”

He lightly smiled and kissed her forehead. He then told her his size for the winter wear she needed to get. She was surprised by his size. He did not look the size he was. He gave her one more kiss, not as long as before, but it was something left to be desired. He then released her and let her go back to what she wanted to do.

-

As Michael walked into his home, returning home from speaking to the manager of the Staples Center, he felt something was out of place. But it was quiet, a little too quiet for his liking. He quickly called out for Debbie and she came into the room moments later. He knew Lorna was getting the last of the preparations ready for her brother’s arrival the next day. When her brother and his family would head back home, Michael, Lorna and his children were going to take a trip to Canada.

“Debbie what is going on?” he asked. “Usually the kids would greet me.”

“They are outside playing,” she said. “Lorna thought it would be best for them to go outside.”

“Why is that?” He removed his sunglasses and attached them to his shirt.

“She would not say. Mr. Jackson, she seems quite upset and I think she didn’t want the children to see her upset.”

“Where is she?” He handed Debbie his brief case he was carrying and removed his jacket, which Debbie took that as well.

“The last I seen her, she was heading to her room.” Debbie placed the brief case where it was suppose to sit.

Michael nodded and then went outside. “Children, I’m home,” he called.

“Daddy!” he heard Blanket yell from the slide.

He looked over to the swings to see Paris and Prince quickly stopped swinging and all three children ran to their father and hugged him.

“How was your day?” Paris asked.

“It was good. Everything is all set for me to begin my rehearsals,” Michael answered.

“Dad,” Prince said. “I think something is wrong with Lorna. She got a disturbing phone call today and since then, she became quiet and even asked for us to play outside, without her. I’m worried.”

“Would you three mind if I went and checked in on her?”

He watched as three heads shook their heads, letting him know that it was ok. Michael gave each kid a kiss on the cheek before he stood back to his normal height and headed back in. The children followed him, until they made it to the family room where they sat and decided to watch some cartoons. Michael continued up the stairs to see if Lorna was in her room.

As he approached her door, he could hear soft noises coming from the other side, so he knew she was in there. He knocked on her door and waited for her to answer. He was greeted with her answering the door and carrying around a cordless phone and she was talking in it. She gave him a smile before turning away, still speaking.

“What do you mean?” she questioned in the phone.

Michael walked in and lightly closed the door. He watched as she began to pace the room, talking.

“Let me get this straight, all this time, my parents had been holding out on me and no one ever bothered to tell!” she suddenly snapped. “No, you listen. I have just spent the last few years of my life, struggling only learn now what my father actually left me when he had been mysteriously killed. This is such BS!”

Whatever the conversation was, it was intense for her to yell like that in the phone. He had a feeling that if he weren’t in the room she would have used the full terms to the letters ‘BS’. He liked how she respected that he wasn’t into those words.

“I don’t give a damn what you say,” she continued. “If it belongs to me, I will go there and claim it!” She yelled. “Or better yet, my brother can as he’ll be going there!” And then hung up the phone, tossing it on the bed.

“That could have gone better,” he said with slightly wide eyes.

Lorna turned to Michael. “You don’t know the half of it.”

He could see tears were starting to well up in her eyes. He walked over to her, gently placing a hand on the side of her face.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, his sweet soft voice giving the soothing nature that he knew she loved.

“Everything,” she said, as she didn’t stop the tears from coming. She looked at him and then quickly hugged him. “Hold me.”

His hands slid behind her back as she tried to control her tears. “I just found out why my father moved to Las Vegas in the first place. Oh Michael, I’m so lost right now.”

“What can I do to help?” he asked soothingly.

“Just hold me and don’t let go,” she said.

He cracked a smile and held her tightly. “That I can easily do.” He gave the side of her head a light kiss. “Why did your father move?” he asked once he knew she was ready to talk.

“My father was a drug dealer and I never knew,” she admitted quietly as she took in his quiet calm and very attracting cologne. She loved that fragrance of his.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Yes. You remember that letter my brother received,” she cried. “Well the person who wrote that letter had a feeling my father was about to be killed and tried to warn him not to go out. With my brother’s help, we were both able to get my mother’s lawyer to talk. He was the one who wrote the letter.”

Michael pulled her away a bit so he could see her face. “And you were the only daughter therefore you…”

Lorna cut him off. “Where I’m a girl, many of my father’s enemies could have taken me as hostage and could have done nasty things.”

“Now what was that about on the phone about claiming something?” he asked.

“My father’s frozen bank account.”

“Are you saying that…”

“My family is wealthy,” she nodded. “And I can’t believe it. But in order for me to claim the money, my brother or I need to travel to Las Vegas and speak to the lawyer and then speak to the investors on where the money is being held. The money goes to me. That also explains another thing.”

“And what’s that?” he asked trying to let everything be absorbed into his mind. His girlfriend had money.

“Why I came to be here.”

“I don’t follow.” Now he was confused.

“Michael. Remember I was kidnapped. Luckily I wasn’t raped or anything but I could have been and that’s why I ran. I was kidnapped for ransom. I bet they probably thought I had the money and they wanted my money. I ran from them and into your generous arms.”

“What do you plan to do now?” he asked. “Once you get the money.”

Lorna turned her head. “I’m not sure,” she admitted, but quickly turned her head back to him. Her hand rested against his cheek. “But I know one thing is for sure. I am not leaving you.”

Michael gave a genuine smile. “I’m glad. The children would miss you too much.”

“Not just the children,” she said. “But also the handsome man who is holding me right now. I don’t care that you are a famous singer who has been down on his luck in the last four years. I don’t care that you have a room full of awards, which I have yet to see. I’m in love with the man behind the music. The one who can cheer me up when I’m sad and make me laugh. He has so much love to give and I don’t care there’s a major age gap between us. To me you are not middle aged. You a lot of the times act like you’re my age.”

“You are too kind,” he blushed.

“Do you think perhaps it’s time to let your kids know about us?” she asked with a soft smile, tears under control now. “I’m tired of this hiding and tomorrow my brother will be here.”

“Knowing that you are going to stay here with me, it might be the best,” he admitted. “I am also tired of not being able to hold you when we watch movies with the children or hold hands when the kids and I go shopping and you come with me.”

“And then we can stop those nasty rumours that keep jumping up every time I’m in public.”

He lowered his head towards her and when he was a breath away. “For sure,” he whispered before he quickly grabbing the back of her head and sealing her words with a searing kiss.
Chapter 17 - Lorna's Family by Lady1Venus
Chapter 17
Lorna's Family

As mealtime approached, Michael had all his staff assembled in the living room, including his security. Even the children and Lorna were present as well. Since having their conversation a few hours prior, Michael had been contemplating how to inform his family of him and Lorna. He had decided it was also best to inform the staff. With Lorna being part of his life romantically, he wanted to be sure the staff would treat Lorna with up most respect, though they already did anyway, but he wanted to be sure they knew where she was now standing.

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “What’s going on?”

“Daddy has something important to tell us,” Paris answered for her father.

“Paris,” Michael said. “Blanket directed the question to me. Yes, Blanket as Paris just said, I do have something important to tell you all and it will change all our lives but for the better.”

Paris gave her father an apologetic nod before looking to Lorna to see what the woman had to say. The woman was silent but graced a smile.

“Thank you all for assembling,” Michael started. “What I have to say is important for everyone as it will affect everyone. For sometime now I have been hiding some true feelings.” He hated addressing his staff like this. He loved being up on stage in front of tons of fans, but he was never comfortable in making speeches.

“Which feelings are those?” Prince asked.

The staff knew better than to ask questions.

“That I am no longer lonely now,” he answered simply. “With Lorna being here has made a benefit impact on my life. One which I feel has been better appreciated in recent weeks.”

Kai and Debbie looked at each other. They had a good idea on what their employer was trying to get at, but they kept to themselves. They might have had their suspicions but it wasn’t their place to say anything and other staff members might not have seen.

Michael then held his hand out towards Lorna. She brightly smiled at his smile and walked over to him, taking his proffered hand. “My life has seemed to change and I do not want to go back the way it was,” he continued when she had a hold of his hand.

Paris’ eyes widened and her heart began to beat faster. Was she seeing correctly? Was her father about to tell something that she had a feeling was there? Prince and Blanket looked on with a little blank stare. They were not sure what was going on.

The security all gave a sigh of relief. Finally the two were letting their secret out and it was about time too. They did not know how much longer they could stand seeing the two only romantically cuddle in private. The other staff were a little oblivious to what was going on, though Chase held back a smile. She knew what was going on. She wasn’t stupid. She knew what she saw when they had returned from London. She had briefly seen the two holding each other and it was not no friendly embrace either. Once seeing the two close together as they were, she was able then put two and two together and realize the two were always disappearing together and then reappearing later.

Michael then pulled Lorna close to his side, wrapping his arm around her waist and looking lovingly at her. “Lorna and I have found each other in ways that is hard to describe.”

Paris gasped now knowing exactly what she thought she felt. “Daddy and Lorna are going out!” she blurted excitedly

Prince looked at his sister. “You mean…”

Paris turned to her brother. “They are boyfriend and girlfriend.”

Blanket looked at his older siblings and then to his father and good friend. “You mean kiss and everything?”

Lorna smiled at the children as Paris figured it out. Michael was also relieved too, he wasn’t sure how much more he could say without coming out and say it and he really didn’t want to say those words.

Paris turned to her little brother. “Yup!” she grinned.

Blanket gave a sour face and stuck his tongue out. “Yuck!” he blurted.

Lorna could not help but laugh at Blanket’s reaction. Michael even stifled a high pitch giggle. Lorna pulled out of his embrace to walk over to Blanket. “Don’t you like the idea of me being with your Daddy?” she asked the boy.

He looked at her. “Well…yeah, but not the kissing part. That’s gross.”

The security began to laugh a little at that. All little children usually hated seeing grown ups kiss.

Prince looked at his little brother. “Blanket, when you get older, that won’t bother you so much.”

“How’s this for a deal,” Lorna said. “Your Daddy and I will ‘try’ to contain kissing in front of you. Okay?”

The boy nodded. “Well if you kissing Daddy, means that you get to stay here forever. I guess, I could try to live with it. But don’t do it all the time!” he rushed out.

Michael shook his head. He couldn’t remember a time when he didn’t like seeing people kissing. He saw it a lot in his youth. “Blanket,” he tried.

Lorna stood up and looked at him. “Got to give a kid credit for voicing his opinion. It is a free country after all.”

Michael nodded and looked at his staff. “I wish to have Lorna treated like you always have and if she asks for something, you will get for her.”

The staff nodded their agreement.

Kai looked at her employer. “Mr. Jackson, will you be dining with the children tonight?”

“I will be,” he said. “Oh, I should also mention. Tomorrow we will be having some guests staying here. They are family to Lorna, you will treat them as you do to Lorna.”

“Who’s coming?” Blanket asked.

Lorna looked back at the boy. “My brother, his wife and four children. I haven’t seen them in years and one I’ve never met before. The kids are three, seven, nine and eleven.”

“Oh cool!” Paris blurted. “They are close to our ages.”

Lorna smiled. “They are. There are two boys and two girls. And depends on how things go, maybe they could bunk in with you guys to help save room. I have to see what my brother says when he gets here.”

“I can’t wait,” Prince exclaimed. “We get to meet family of Lorna’s. Lorna, the one who is my age, is it a guy?”

Lorna laughed a little. “Oh Prince,” she said with affection. Michael was about to say something when Lorna raised her hand at him not to. “Yes. His name is Dustin. And yes Paris before you ask. Lisa is close to your age. She turns ten next month. Alice is three and Noah is seven.”

“Really?” Blanket blinked. “So I could have a buddy too?”

“We’ll see,” Lorna explained. “Have to wait until they get here.”

Paris was about to say something when Grace interrupted. “Alright children,” she said. “Let’s get washed up for dinner. More questions can be for later.”

The staff then turned away to get back to what they were doing before, before leaving for the night. Lorna watched as Grace took the children to the nearest bathroom to get cleaned up. She then turned to Michael.

“It looks like Paris suspected,” Lorna said. “I had a feeling she did as she told me that I should go after to you and she did tell me that she wouldn’t mind if I went out with you.”

Michael raised an eyebrow. “Really?” he asked. “Why did you stop me from speaking to Prince. That wasn’t right of him to speak out like that about your nephew.”

“Michael, children will be children. And meeting new children their own age always excites them. I wish you had that opportunity to have experienced that, but then you wouldn’t be the man you are today.”

He nodded. “I do wish I had a better childhood, but I did love to sing and I still do.”

“I know you do and you know what you were one cute kid too,” she added as she walked up to him and leaned on his chest. “I’m just glad the children like the idea of us being together.”

He kissed her head. “You’re not the only one. Since leaving Debbie, I never thought I would ever find someone as nice as you.”

She smiled and looked at him. “Now to tell my brother and then…” she paused. “The rest of the world.”

“Are you sure you want to that?” he asked, referring to telling the public.

“Michael, the sooner we tell them and show them, the sooner those nasty ones will stop. Yes new ones will arise, but we can face them head on together.”

He smiled fondly at her. He slowly lowered her head when Debbie walked in. “Mr. Jackson, dinner is about to be…” she saw what they were about to do. “Served.”

Michael slightly cleared his throat as he lifted his head back up. Lorna leaned her forehead against his shoulder. The two were holding hands.

“We’ll be there in a moment,” Michael announced.

Debbie nodded and left the two alone.

Lorna lifted her head. “Well I better get washed up. I’ll see you in the dining room.” She was about to walk away when she was suddenly forced back. She was expecting it this time. Her arms were instantly around his neck, fingers twirling in his hair. The kiss wasn’t very long but it was enough for her to want more.

-

The next morning was a busy one. Everyone was busy getting ready for the arrival of Lorna’s brother, Luke. Near the appointed time of his arrival, Diane had Michael’s chauffeur drive her to the airport. She wasn’t waiting at the airport long when the plane arrived. Michael’s chauffeur waited with Lorna as the plane landed. The two had to wait a bit before Lorna was able to run up and give her brother a hug, after not seeing him for so long.

The two embraced tightly with his family standing there beside him.

“Oh Luke,” Lorna greeted. “It’s been too long.”

“It has,” he agreed.

Lorna got a good look at him. He was near six feet tall, probably even a little taller than Michael. He had brown hair like her but his was cut short and he had a moustache.

“Lorna, you remember my wife, Stacey.” Lorna looked at the woman who was near her height and had shoulder length red hair. Lorna could tell the hair was dyed.

Lorna smiled at Stacey and the children. “You guys are in for a treat,” she said. Lorna then turned to the man who was with her. “Can you bring the car around and we’ll meet you at the doors with their luggage?”

He nodded and left.

“Who is he?” Luke asked.

“Michael’s driver.”

“Speaking of him,” Stacey said. “Will I get to meet him?”

Lorna smiled. “Yes.”

The group left to go and get their luggage and once they did have it, they headed off towards the doors where the car was waiting. The group got into the car, with Lorna in the passenger seat. It was the first time she had sat in one since before meeting the King of Pop.

“Daddy,” the little boy said. “Where are we going?”

“That’s a good question,” Luke said. “Lor, where are we going? You said you had our accommodations worked out.”

“I do,” Lorna smiled. “It’s a surprise.”

They continued to drive until they came to a set of gates, which opened and allowed the car in. The car drove up to a large front door. Lorna got out, giving everyone the indication to get out as well.

“Where are we?” asked Stacey.

Luke snorted. He had a good idea. “Lor, I thought you were taking us the our hotel.”

“You guys are going to stay here,” Lorna grinned. “Stacey…” she started just as the front door opened, revealing Michael. “Welcome to the home of Michael Jackson.” Lorna gestured her arm towards the man in question.

Stacey’s jaw dropped as she stared at the man who walked outside. He did not have his umbrella. He knew he wasn’t going to be outside for long. Stacey’s knees began to feel weakened as she continued to stare at the singer. He walked up to her and gave her a friendly smile.

“I hear you are a fan of mine,” he spoke.

Stacey numbly nodded. “Uh huh,” was her only answer.

Lorna jabbed Stacey in the ribs. “Stacey, don’t be shy. He’s a really good friend of mine.”

“I…ah…ummm…” Lorna stuttered.

“It’s alright Mrs. McCall,” he said kindly. “Please, come into my home.”

Stacey then nearly fell over. Luckily Lorna was right there to catch her. Michael was about to react when Lorna beat him to it. At that moment Stacey realized what her sister-in-law had just said. They were staying at the house of the King of Pop.

“Stacey!” Lorna cried out.

“Just give me a minute,” Stacey breathed. She looked at her children and could see their concern. Alice looked like she was about to break into tears.

Just then Luke walked over and picked up his daughter. “It’s ok Alice. Mommy is just a little surprise. A happy surprise at that.”

“You sure?” the little girl asked.

Luke smiled and kissed his daughter. He then looked at Michael. The pictures he saw in the tabloids were nothing like he was in person. His face wasn’t falling off. He noted Michael was looking at him.

“I’m Michael,” he greeted as he held out his hand. Normally when he would introduce himself, he usually would use his full name, but he knew he didn’t have to this time. He wanted to make the people feel welcomed and to do that, he wanted the introductions to be informal as possible.

“Luke,” Lorna’s brother answered as he shook the singer’s hand. “My sister said she was taking us somewhere that was surprise but I wasn’t quite expecting to be coming here this quick.”

Michael turned to Lorna.

She shrugged. “What? Can’t I surprise my family? I did tell them I was taking care of their accommodations.”

Michael turned back to the man who was slightly taller than he was. “Please, come in. My children are doing their studies right now so we have some time before you meet them.” He turned and walked into the house. Lorna walked in next holding onto Stacey’s hand though the woman was gripping Lorna’s. The three older children walked in next with their father bringing up the rear, still carrying their youngest daughter.

Michael finally stopped when he reached the living room. Debbie was standing near a doorway, waiting what her employer was going to ask of her. Michael then offered his guests to take a seat.

“Is there anything you would like?” Michael asked, once everyone was sitting down.

“I’m thirsty,” the eldest boy said. The other two quickly mentioned they were as well.

Stacey finally found her voice. “Do you have any milk?” she asked.

Michael softly smiled. “Debbie can you get the children some milk. And for the little one…”

Luke reached into his jacked pocket and pulled out his daughter’s sippy cup. “Alice will have milk too. Though you may need to rinse the cup. And my wife and I will have some water.”

Michael took the spill proof cup from the man and handed it to Debbie. Though his children were all drinking out of proper cups by the time they were three, he wasn’t going to knock how other parents raised their children. Within minutes Debbie returned with a tray of three glasses of milk and freshly cleaned spill proof cup for the toddler. Also on the tray were Lorna and Michael’s usual drinks and some water for the parents.

“Thank you,” Luke replied taking his water. “Lor, why are we staying here? I’m sure Mr. Jackson has better things to do.”

“Bro,” Lorna said. “Trust me when I say, he doesn’t mind and I would like you to stay here so I can visit with you. It’s been years since I last seen you.”

“It’s no trouble,” Michael agreed with Lorna. “This gives me a chance to know more about Lorna. Please you can call me Michael. Sometimes formalities bother me.”

“Stacey,” Stacey said. “These are our children. Dustin, Lisa, Noah and Alice.” She pointed to each child.

Just then Michael looked up as he saw his own children come from another room. I guess they were going to take a break from their studies.

“May I introduce you,” Michael started. “My children. My eldest son Prince Michael the first, better known as Prince. My daughter Paris and youngest son Prince Michael the second, better known as Blanket.”

“Hello,” the three children said with perfect manners. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Stacey smiled at the behaviour of the Jackson children and then introduced her children. She was still in quite a shock of sitting the living room of her favorite singer. She was also quite surprised to see the children without masks on.

Noah looked at the boy who was the same age as him. “Why call you Blanket?”

“Noah!” Stacey snapped. “That’s not nice.”

Blanket walked over to the boy. “It’s my nickname. I once always had a blanket over my head when I was a baby.”

“Children,” Michael addressed his children. “Why don’t you show them your play area?”

Lisa gulped down her milk and smile. “I’d like that.”

“I think the children would enjoy that,” Luke said. “They have been nearly restless. Remind me to never take a trip again on a plane with over active imagines.”

Lorna blurted out a laugh at the comment. “Oh come on Luke, you got to remember the times we drove our parents nuts.”

“If I remember correctly that would have been more you doing that,” Luke remarked.

“Hey!” Lorna half snapped. “I had three older brothers to fight off.”

Michael began to chuckle as the two siblings bickered. Paris, Prince and Blanket went up to the three older children and offered to take them outside. The six children soon disappeared. Luke set Alice on the floor and pulled out some of her toys to play with.

The little girl didn’t play with her toys for long before she climbed into her mother’s lap and was soon asleep.

“I guess she’s tired,” Lorna commented.

“This was her first plane ride and she did not like it,” Luke stated. “She was nearly sick.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Michael explained. “There’s two bedrooms already for you. You have the choice in allowing your older ones to bunk in with mine or you can use the second spare room for them. The choice is yours.”

Stacey looked at her husband. She knew he was not comfortable in being around the singer and she was still flabbergasted though she did find her voice. Her husband shrugged.

“How about for tonight for sure, the kids sleep in the other room,” Stacey answered for her husband. “I’m still reeling over the fact that I’m here, right now, sitting in the living room of Michael Jackson, in front of him no less.”

“Honey,” Luke half warned. “Don’t go freaky on me. You don’t want to startle Alice like you did the day you found out we were coming here.”

Both Lorna and Michael could see Stacey was trying really hard not to squeal in delight. Michael had to give her credit for trying her best. He looked at Lorna who was sitting beside Stacey.

“Would you like to rest?” Lorna asked.

Stacey slightly turned her head to her brother’s sister. “I don’t know if I honestly could. Not with my excitement. But perhaps I could try and lie down. Where are our things?”

“Debbie,” Michael turned to the woman. “Can you be sure their things are taken to the spare room.”

Debbie nodded and soon headed to the stairs where the luggage was sitting. Only Debbie and Security were allowed on the second floor.

Stacey stood up with a sleeping Alice in her arms. “I’ll go up and rest and get the playpen set up.”

“Playpen?” Michael questioned.

Luke looked at the singer. “Alice may have her own bed at home, but she seems to get up and wonder around. So when she goes places, we take the playpen and she sleeps in that. She doesn’t mind. She feels safe in them.”

“I see,” Michael said.

Lorna stood up and walked over the singer. “Whatever works. Each family is different.”

Michael looked lovingly at his woman and nodded. “If you just go with Debbie, she’ll show you to your room.”

Stacey gave her husband a quick kiss before leaving where Debbie disappeared. When his wife was gone, Luke turned of his façade. “Alright, now that she’s gone. I want to know what’s going on?” he demanded.

Lorna looked at her brother. She knew this was coming and prepared Michael for it. Luke was the eldest brother and he was always overprotective of his baby sister.

“Luke,” she said. “I have been holding something back but I wanted to wait until Stacey was gone to tell you in case you got mad.”

“And what would that be?” he asked.

Lorna took a deep breath. “For one. I’m no longer a little girl; you got to always stop being the big brother who marches in to protect me. Luke it would be best if you sat down.”

Luke’s eyes narrowed. Now he knew something was up. He sat down and waited.

“Well there is no easy way to say this,” she said. She looked at Michael for support. He grasped her hand gave it a squeeze. “I’m in love with Michael,” she informed, taking the direct approach.

“You are what?!” he blurted. “But…but…he is…”

“Lucas Dennis McCall!” Lorna yelled stomping her foot. “He is not! Now I will not allow you stand her and insult him like that. Can’t you just be happy for me that I found someone to love me?” Tears sprang to her eyes. “If Michael was what you suggest, then why does he have three children? Or why was he acquitted back in 2005. If he was what you say he is, then I’m sure social services would be on his ass faster than elephants in a rampage.”

She would have bolted if Michael didn’t have a firm grip on her hand. He hated the idea of the man in front of him still thought of his as a pedophile, but he knew this had to come out and doing it now was probably the best time. Get things out so the rest of the vacation could run smoothly.

“Your wife believes he’s innocent, why can’t you?” she continued.

“Lorna don’t you remember what happened to you as a child?” he defended suddenly.

“Like I could ever forget that!” Lorna snapped. “I know what happened, but that doesn’t mean everyone is like that. I have been with Michael and he never once stepped over the boundary. He’s a kind, decent man. Something that most men these days lack.”

“And doesn’t it bother you that he’s like 16 years older than you?” he asked.

“Should it matter?” she asked. “I know he’s almost 51 and I’m 35 .He knows there’s a big age gap. But we both don’t care about that. We love each other and that’s what matters. I love his children like they were my own. And if I could never have any children, I would be happy.”

Luke could see Lorna was holding back her tears. He snapped his mouth shut on something he was about to say and let the room go into an uncomfortable silence. He watched as Michael began to gently rub her back with one hand and hold her hand with the other. The singer also gave the upset woman a kiss on the head. He knew he was going to have to put his feelings aside for the sake of Stacey and his children and perhaps it was worth it for Lorna as well. It had been a long time since he saw his sister and he wanted her back in his life. And the singer was offering his home for him and his family.

“Lorna,” Luke started gently. “Are you happy here?” he asked.

Lorna half looked up as tears fell from her eyes. “I am,” she answered. “I love him, Luke.”

Luke looked at Michael. “And you love her?”

Michael nodded. “Luke, I would never hurt your sister. That’s not me. I am trying to make the world a better place and to do that; I cannot act like the others. I love your sister very much. She makes me laugh and gives me new hope to wake up to in the mornings.”

Luke went quiet for a few minutes more before standing up and walking over to his sister. “Well, I guess I have no choice in the matter. Lorna, you have my blessing.”

She looked at her brother with shock. “What?” she questioned.

“I wish you well Lorna and if he makes you happy, then I’m happy to know you are. I miss you too much to hold a grudge against you.”

Lorna cried out and latched herself onto her brother in a big bear hug. Michael watched as a small smile formed. Her brother was going to be able to accept them. While Luke hugged his sister, he looked at Michael and held out his hand towards him. Michael greatly took the hand with a smile.

“You better look after my sister, or there will be hell to pay,” Luke said.

“I will,” Michael nodded.

Lorna pulled out of her brother’s embrace and slugged him in the arm, forcing the man to let go of Michael. The man knew his sister was meaning business. Michael was just happy to see Lorna happy, though in the back of his mind what was Lorna holding back from him that happened when she was a child. Something happened and he was worried to what it was. He promised to ask Lorna about it later when they had a moment alone. But for now they weren’t going to be alone, until the trip to Canada.
Chapter 18 - Trip to Canada by Lady1Venus
Chapter 18
Trip To Canada

Having the family down was a dream come true for Lorna. The next day after everyone had settled in and Stacey was finally over the shock of being in the Pop Icon’s home, she was able to feel quite comfortable. Michael wanted Lorna to spend time with her family, but she wanted him to be involved as well. Stacey loved that idea, as she was able to more know what her favorite singer did when he wasn’t in front of the cameras so much. Of course her greatest shock was the moment she learnt her sister-in-law was going out with the Pop King.

“Are you kidding!?” Stacey exclaimed. She was grateful the children were outside playing and only Alice was in the room playing with her toys. Luke was playing on the floor with her.

Lorna and Michael were sitting on the sofa, side by side, holding hands.

“I’m serious,” Lorna explained. “I am going out with Michael Jackson.”

“When did this happen?” she asked in disbelief.

“Since shortly before going to London to announce the ‘This Is It’ tour,” Lorna answered.

Stacey looked at her husband. He raised his hands in defense. “I only found out yesterday while you were resting and it’s not my place to say.”

“Do you realize what this means?” Stacey questioned.

“That if on the off set chance that Lorna and Michael get really serious to the point of marriage, he would become my brother-in-law.”

Lorna slightly blushed at the thought of marriage. “Luke, lets not get too head of ourselves. Who knows how long this relationship will last?”

“Hopefully not for a long while yet to come,” Michael answered. He would have blushed too, but he was able to hold it back.

Lorna opened her to mouth to say something when her niece suddenly came running into the room. She quickly stopped, almost falling over as her mother gave her a stern look.

“Sorry Mommy,” Lisa huffed. “I just had to get away from Prince.”

“What’s Prince doing?” Michael asked, sitting up.

“He’s got a water gun,” Lisa cried out.

Michael chuckled. “It’s one of his favorite pastimes. All my children like them.”

Lisa shook her head. “Well I don’t.”

“Lisa has a fear of water,” Luke said. “She nearly drowned two years ago and since then she hates water.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Michael sobered. “Inform Prince to put the super soakers away. And let him know I said so.”

“Ok,” Lisa turned away and headed outside. The young girl knew she was in the home of a singer, but she had no idea how popular he really was. She knew he was an older singer and had been singing since her parents were at least teenagers. She had no idea he had been singing since her grandparents were young adults.

Debbie walked into room. “Mr. Jackson,” she interrupted. “There is an envelope and it looks pretty important.”

Michael held out his hand to retrieve the mail Debbie had just presented. He could see there was more than one envelope. He had a feeling the other ones were the monthly bills. He hated opening those. The letter Debbie mentioned that looked important was indeed what it was.

He read it to himself and then handed it to Lorna. She looked at it and then looked at him. “Oh Michael, that’s wonderful.”

Stacey looked at her sister-in-law with wonder. What did Michael Jackson just received?

Michael nodded. “It is. Though I wasn’t expecting it. I have been going down hill for the past four years.”

“But Michael being awarded a Nobel Peace Prize, is something special,” Lorna defended.

“Nobel Peace Prize?” Luke blinked. “That’s amazing.”

“That’s not amazing,” Stacey grinned. “That’s awesome! And I’m sure it has much to do with all the work you’ve done in the past with your ‘Heal The World’ foundation and all our love and devotion to help people.”

“She’s right, you know,” Lorna said. “And it says here that you will be honored on April 15, 2009. That is so exciting.”

“That it is,” Michael smiled. “Stacey, you know much about my career.”

“I should,” she smirked. “I don’t feel that I’m obsessed with you, but I have done my best to follow your career.”

“Her mother thinks she’s obsessed,” Luke commented.

“My mother doesn’t know good talent even if it bit her the butt.” Stacey crossed her arms. “My mother is more a Country fan that pop/dance music.”

“There’s nothing wrong in liking Country music,” Michael explained. “I like some Country artists.”

“I should know,” Lorna said. “I went snoopy one day and poked through his CD collection. He’s got more music than one may realize.”

“You’ve always been snoopy,” Luke half chuckled. “Uncle Pete always called you his little Snoopy or was it Bashful?”

“Dad called me Snoopy and Aunt Lydia called me Bashful,” Lorna retorted.

Michael smiled. “I can see where the nicknames would come from.”

“Hey!” Lorna squeaked, giving him a light shove in the arm. “You are just plain sneaky.”

“I don’t want to know,” Luke rolled his eyes.

Both Lorna and Stacey ended up laughing at Luke for his comment. They knew them man wasn’t comfortable being in the Pop Singer’s home, but there wasn’t anything he could do about it. The couples continued to speak until it was mealtime where they got together with the children and had their evening meal. The couples then separated to do their own thing. Stacey wanted to do a little touring around in Los Angles. Michael insisted for them to take one of his security guards to show them around so they would be safe. Luke didn’t want to leave the children with Michael, but with one stern look from his sister, he allowed it.

-

The week past by pretty quickly as Lorna’s brother and his family stayed with them. And in that time, many things were done and learnt. The children bonded together quite well to the point they ended up bunking together. Stacey was able to see how down to Earth her favorite singer really was. Even Luke started to have a difference in opinion towards the singer as the week ended.

But now it was time to leave and no one wanted to say their goodbyes. The children had just finished saying their goodbyes to each other. Prince, Paris and Blanket sadly turned away and left the doorway so they wouldn’t break into tears to their new friends.

Alice waved to the three older children. “Bye, bye.”

Michael walked over to her. “Do I get any bye byes?” he asked gently.

The little three year old looked at the older man and then held her arms opened to him. He picked her up, hugging her tightly to him. Her small arms were wrapped around her neck. “I don’t want go.” She tried to get out as tears fell from her eyes.

He gave her a light kiss before he started to sing the lyrics to his song ‘Heal the World’. Stacey stopped what she was doing to see the singer, singing to her daughter.

There's A Place In
Your Heart
And I Know That It Is Love
And This Place Could
Be Much
Brighter Than Tomorrow
And If You Really Try
You'll Find There's No Need
To Cry
In This Place You'll Feel
There's No Hurt Or Sorrow

Cuz There Are Ways
To Get There
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Little Space
Make A Better Place

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race
There Are People Dying
If You Care Enough
For The Living
Make A Better Place
For You And For Me

He continued singing, getting everyone’s attention. Alice lifted her head to see him singing and he was singing for her. Her tears quickly dried up and she smiled. She loved the sound of his voice with no music to go with it. Before long he was forced to stop singing as she quickly hugged him, nearly choking him with her tight embrace.

“I ‘ove you,” she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“I love you more.” He smiled at her, giving her another kiss before setting her back on the ground. She ran over to the car with a bright smile.

The other children then walked over to him. Michael smiled at them and gave each a hug and kiss. They left to the car as well. Hearing him sing also lifted their spirits. Lorna watched the whole affectionate display. She knew she was doing the right thing in being with him on a romantic level. And seeing him give love to her nieces and nephews had her love him even more.

Stacey looked at Lorna with tears. “He’s so wonderful with children. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity to stay here.”

Lorna hugged her. “Don’t tell me, tell him. He insisted.”

Stacey walked away but was stopped by Michael. “You have wonderful children,” he smiled.

“As do you,” she said. She suddenly gasped as she was pulled into a tight hug followed by a kiss on the cheek. “Call whenever you like.”

“Thank you.” Stacey hugged back. “And thank you for allowing us to stay here. I had a wonderful time. I would like to see you again, but alas, I can not.”

He pulled back. “What do you mean?”

“Well you have your concerts in the summer. Lorna is so lucky, she gets to go and watch you. I wish I could go.”

“Well perhaps, I’ll just have to save a couple tickets for you. Front row,” he replied.

She looked at him. “You would do that?”

“My most trust fans must be treated well,” he smiled. He hugged her again before releasing as he seen Luke walk over to him.

Stacey walked away, slightly stunned. Luke looked at Michael and held out his hand for Michael to take. Michael took the hand with a smile.

“Thank you for showing me that I was wrong,” he said. “And I’m glad my sister finds happiness with you. Be good to her.”

Lorna walked over to stand beside the singer. She was surprised to her brother’s words.

Luke looked at his sister. “Sis, you take care. I know you would like to see me off to the airport but I know how you hate airport goodbyes.”

He gave her a tight hug before climbing into the car. Lorna felt tears well up in her eyes as she watched the car pull out. An arm was draped around her shoulders and she was pulled in close to the warmth of another body.

“I hate good byes,” she sadly answered.

“Don’t we all,” he answered back. “But not all good byes are forever.”

She looked at him, remembering about the trip they were taking the next day. “I have to pack for tomorrow.”

“I’m already packed,” he claimed. “I can help you get ready if you wish.”

“I’d like that,” she smiled. “I really don’t feel like being alone.”

The two walked into the house to get ready for their trip to Canada. A trip coordinated by Lorna. Michael had been looking forward to it since she first mentioned it.

-

Being on the plane again wasn’t as nerve racking as the first time. This time, she knew more what to expect and this time everyone knew of her feelings for Michael so she didn’t have to hold back in relaxing beside him. After the jet was in the air and everyone were able to get their seat belts off, Lorna decided to sit on the floor and read a book. The children took some rest as it was nearing the middle of the night when they took flight. Lorna thought it was best to go after dark so fans and media wouldn’t bombard them. Grace was sitting back in her seat, listening to her Ipod.

As Lorna was reading her book, she suddenly felt a presence beside her. She had a feeling of who the presence was as the security guards were also sitting in their seats resting.

“Is this spot taken?” the tenor voice asked.

“I’m reading,” she remarked.

“I can see that.” He sat beside her anyway. “That was very clever of you to arrange our flight to leave now after main hours of the airport.”

“This way by the time we reach Timmins, it will still be dark there and not many people will be around. But at the same time, we’ll get there when I know my Uncle will be awake to await our arrival.”

“There’s something that has been bugging me since you’re brother arrived.”

“What’s that?” she had an idea and she really hoped he would not bring it up but she knew the topic was going to come up sometime and she really didn’t want to speak of it.

“What happened when you were a child?” he asked. “I get the impression something happened and it’s part of the reason why your brother wasn’t fond of me at first.”

Lorna lowered her head and closed her book. There was no way she was going to be reading it now. “Please, Michael, I really don’t want to get into it.”

He took her hand. “Angel, I don’t want to have secrets between us. I have told you all my inner most emotions. And some of them no one knows, not even my mother or security.”

Using the nickname he gave her, reminded her of when they admitted their love. She was his fallen angel in which he mended. Tears came to the surface. “Only Luke and I share this.”

“I understand that,” he soothed.

She took a deep breath. “I was molested when I was Paris’ age.”

His eyes widened as a gasp escaped his throat. His words left him as she whispered her horrific past. He draped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close.

“Luke…was the one who found me. It nearly became something even more physical but he stopped him.”

“I wish I was there for you,” he found his voice.

“You were there for me,” she quietly explained as tears fell. “After that happened, my brother bought me ‘Thriller’. Listening to you sing made me feel better. I would play ‘Beat It’, ‘Thriller’ and ‘Billie Jean’ over and over again. You helped through that tough time. A few years later I received ‘Bad’ and you’re new style made me feel even better. Though at that same time, I was becoming a teenager so listening to you wasn’t as often. When I would play with my dolls, I would always pretend Ken was you.”

He lightly kissed her head. “I still wish I was there for you. But it’s nice to know I was there for you in spirit. Was this person a family or friend?”

“Well sort of. He was a friend of the family. My father never knew but then again, my brother made him wish he never did it either.” She looked at him. “I don’t like to bring it up as it always seems to give me bad dreams, considering what could have happened to me if I did run and found you.”

“That’s understandable. I’m sorry to have brought up a painful subject. But I don’t want to have things kept between us.”

“I don’t either,” she agreed. “You’re too special to me for that.” She wanted to change the subject. “Umm…You know Paris won’t have her birthday at home?”

“She knows and she’s looking forward to that,” he said. “My mother and family will come after we get back. Paris is excited to have us celebrate her birthday somewhere where she’s never been before. So where are we going?” he asked. “You had said something about being isolated that we won’t have the media on our backs.”

Lorna lifted up. “My Uncle owns a ski lodge. The lodge is designed as a large oversized cabin, with a bunch of cabins surrounding it. The cabins are lodgings for guests to stay. The main lodge itself has rooms for people to stay in as well. The ski lodge is so far off the beat and path that it’s hard to get to. We will be completely isolated that you won’t need your security.”

“That will be interesting to see.” He pulled her back against him as he decided to take this time to rest himself.

-

After landing in Timmins, there were three cabs waiting just outside the doors of the airport. Michael was surprised by the looks of the cab cars. They were vans and each one was a different color and model. Lorna had to explain to him that smaller towns and cities in Canada often have their cabs use their own vehicles. Her Uncle was paying the cabs. Lorna, Michael and the children with Grace were in one van. The security and luggage were split up into other two vans.

Michael had watched out his window as the vans drove. Lorna was leaning against him, holding his hand as the children were behind him, sleeping again. He did find it hard to see as it was still fairly dark, but he could see sunrise was starting to peak the horizon. He also noted they were now three hours ahead of their own time zone. He could see on the side of the road patches of snow. Some areas there wasn’t snow, indicating snow was melting.

Lorna had to tell the cab drivers where they were going and when they reached their destination, they could see the road way was blocked. There was a big sign that said ‘Welcome to McCall-Morgan Lodge’. They weren’t waiting long before two snowmobiles came from the road. There was more snow on the ground than on the main road. One of the snowmobile drivers stopped at the gate, unlocking it. The other snowmobile turned around and indicated for the three cabs to follow him.

While the vans were waiting, Prince had happened to wake up and ask where they were. Lorna informed everyone they were entering the property of her Uncle’s home and business. When she saw the two snowmobiles arrive, she knew one of them was her Uncle, but which one. It was still fairly dark as dawn started.

When the cabs finally stopped they were in front of a large ski lodge with a big sign saying the name just like the sign at the entrance. Just before leaving for Canada, Lorna had purchased some warm clothing for everyone and now everyone was wearing their outdoor warmer gear and were wearing them when they parted off the jet.

Lorna opened the van door and jumped out, indicating for others to follow suit.

“Is that my little peanut?” a gruff voice asked.

“Uncle Pete!” Lorna said excitedly as a large man came around of the front van.

The big man scooped Lorna up in a big bear hug as Michael stepped out of the van. The other kids were following suit, though still tired. The other snowmobile came up from behind the third van.

Pete released his niece and looked at Michael. “I take it you are the Pop singer, Michael Jackson?”

Michael nodded. “I am.”

Pete held his hand out for Michael. “I’m Peter McCall, Lorna’s Uncle. You can call me Uncle Pete. All the towns people call me that.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Uncle Pete,” Michael greeted. “These are my children Prince, Paris and Blanket and my Nanny, Grace.”

When Lorna was talking to Pete on the phone, she had for warned him that Michael often called his two sons by their nicknames but in reality they were both named the same name.

Pete nodded to them. He then clamped a hand on the other man who was smaller than he was. “This is my son, Kevin. He helps me run the place.”

Kevin smiled. “I’ll help the others to unload the vans so they can leave.”

“Good idea,” Pete said. “Kevin, just have their belongings put just inside. We’ll get their things to their rooms afterwards.”

Michael looked around property and could see trees. Nearby he could see the ski lift. “I see what you mean about the media. With the entrance being closed off, they wouldn’t be able to get in.”

“Nope,” Pete agreed. “Unless they want to travel through the woods and if they do that, I’ll have them charged for tress passing.”

“Good idea,” Lorna agreed.

Once the vans were unloaded, Kevin led the way back to the entrance to let them out and then locked the gate up once again and returned back to the lodge. At that same time he had also paid the drivers. By the time he reached the building and had the snowmobile away, everyone was inside having morning coffees and milk.

“You have an amazing place,” Michael complimented as he looked around inside. They main area, which was a fairly large area, had a cathedral ceiling. Everyone was sitting on sofas in front of a rather large fireplace. There was an LCD TV hanging over top of the fireplace. A large staircase leading to the second floor, which had a balcony, was in the middle of the room. A hallway led away from the balcony, which Michael presumed was where the rooms were. The large room had a bar and some cocktail looking table and chairs nearby.

The lodge itself was three stories high with rooms on the second and third floor. The lodge also had their own kitchen and dining area. The dining room also had a fireplace but not as grand as the one in the main room. There was also another room for the ski equipment and a public washroom. The whole inside gave the comfort of being in a log cabin, decorated with wood like furniture.

“Thank you Michael,” Pete said. “Lorna’s father helped me start the business and then when I had married my wife she helped out. It then became ours when my brother had moved to Las Vegas. And with it being off season, I have closed off many areas, except for on the second floor. The third floor has been blocked off. And most of the cabins have had their power turned off. Don’t need to waste power.”

“No, there is not.” Michael could remember when he would turn off the power to certain areas on Neverland when he still owned it. He so missed his pride and joy.

“You have the choice of taking the rooms or having the cabins,” Pete said. “It doesn’t matter to me.”

Michael looked outside, which now was getting lighter and he could see more of the trees and even the cabins. He then looked up to the balcony. “If it is alright. I think we’ll take the rooms. I do have my six security guards, plus my family.”

Pete nodded. “I had a feeling you were going to say that. Kevin can you go and shut down the rest of the cabins. Except for the one we’ll use.”

“I don’t understand,” Michael said. “You don’t have to do that.” The Pop singer didn’t like the idea of pushing someone out.

“I’m not doing it for your you. Normally my son and I stay in the cabins anyway and just shut the power off to both the second and third floors. But while you’re here, I’ll keep the lights on. After you leave then we’ll get back to what we usually do for the spring.”

“Daddy,” Blanket said. “I’m getting hungry.”

Normally Blanket would be sleeping at this time, but since they had an early meal the night before cause of the traveling, the boy was now getting hungry.

“What would you like?” Pete asked the boy. “I have lots of food as Lorna already informed of what you liked to eat.”

Blanket thought for a moment before answering. The other two children agreed to have breakfast as well. Pete smiled at the children and then led everyone to the dining area where there was a cook. Pete gave the cook the order of breakfast for everyone. Both Pete and Kevin helped out on breakfast and then served it.
This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5