Our First Kiss by SweetSeducingSighs
Summary: Michael and his best friend share their very first kiss.
Categories: Romance Characters: Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 642 Read: 2161 Published: Feb 09, 2011 Updated: Feb 09, 2011
Story Notes:
This is a really old one-shot that I wrote almost two years ago. I found it today and thought I'd share. It was actually my very second piece of MJ writing! It's very short, but sweet. Enjoy

1. Our First Kiss by SweetSeducingSighs

Our First Kiss by SweetSeducingSighs
"What do you think they look like, really close up?"

I look at Michael, lying flat on the grass with his arms crossed under his head, the perfect position for gazing at stars. Even in the dark of night I can see the deepness of his skin color. The color that when seen in daylight is a rich milk-chocolate tone. I smile thinking about it. I just love looking at him.

"What what looks like?" I ask.

"Shooting stars", he replies.

"Well, I could imagine it..but it’d just sound silly if I tried to explain."

He giggled, "Yeah it probably would...How late is it?"

I check my watch, "Late enough for us to get in lots of trouble if we get caught."

For about a month now we had been sneaking over to each others houses in the middle of the night just to lay outside and chat. Tonight we chose my house.

I turned to my right with my head resting in my hand, "Do you wanna go home?"

He stared at me with an eyebrow raised, "Do you want me to go home?"

"..Of course not", I quietly say.

Michael sighs a long, satisfied sigh. "I could just stay out here all night and just stare at the sky..I know I always say that but it’s true. This is the only time I get to escape from everything, from everyone."

I just smile back. I learned a while ago that sometimes silence is better than speech. Especially when it comes to Mike.

He goes silent himself and turns to me. He gives me that intense, frozen look that means that he’s either concentrating, or about to say something serious.

"Have you ever kissed anyone before?"

I did not expect that one. "No, have you?"

He looks down. "No."

He waits a while before he answers again. He sits up straight and his eyes lock back on mine, "I’ve never kissed anybody before."

I don’t even know what to begin to say, so I just sit up in silence and continue staring back.

"Can I kiss you?" he suddenly asks.

I’m thrown speechless and just slowly nod my head with a barely audible "Mhmm".

He waits a second, then leans over ever so slowly bending towards me and closing the distance between us. I don’t move from my spot. His lips finally touch mine and I feel this jolt go through me. I don’t know what else to do, so I stay still.

His lips are so soft. We both just sit there for a bit, lips touching, completely still. Then all of a sudden Michael starts to move his mouth against mine, sending another jolt through me. I finally unfreeze myself to move my lips along with his, suddenly feeling a warm hand come up to rest on my neck, covering most of that side with his thumb resting on the side of my cheek. He gently pulls me closer into him, kissing me more thoroughly. Gosh, his hands are so big.

We keep moving our lips together and it feels so good. I’m not even nervous anymore. It just feels right. I feel so comfortable right here with him. My right hand goes up to rest on his collarbone, I need something to hold to. He tilts his head a little to the side, clearly trying to see what else he can try. He opens his mouth to breathe in some air and gets right back into it. This feels so amazing. I don’t even know how long we kept kissing like that for, all I know is that I didn’t want it to stop anytime soon, and it didn’t.

It is without a doubt, the longest, and most amazingly wonderful kiss that I will ever experience.
This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=377