"Until The Bittersweet End" by MJ Fan For Life
Summary:

Disclaimer: All Characters are from the figment of my imagination! Not intended for sale, promotion, etc. For reading pleasure only

Set during the Invincible era forward. 23 year old Jaden Kimoria Ross grew up a confused, biracial girl with an abusive mother. With nothing but a few dollars in her pocket and her trusty guitar, Jaden moves out to L.A. to utilize her huge singing talents and become an R&B/ pop star. Things aren't so easy once she gets there but a lucky run in with a famous music producer gives her the opportunity of a lifetime to be Michael Jackson's backup singer for his Invincible album. After meeting, they become friends and the feelings become  far more deeper. Michael and Jaden both experience what real love is all about. However, being in a relationship is not easy when you are he biggest star in the world. Jaden also becomes a budding star. Paparazzi and People from the past and present and personal trials and tribulations threaten to break up Michael and Jaden's relationship. And  choices made become the ultimate downfall to everything that they have. All's fair in love and war, but will it be enough until the end? Read and find out!


Categories: Family, Hurt/Comfort, Romance Characters: None
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: No Word count: 56358 Read: 116886 Published: Jan 14, 2011 Updated: May 06, 2011
Story Notes:

There is an obvious age difference (20 years) but I think Michael is suited better for someone fresh and energetic like he was and with all Jaden had been through, she was clearly much more mature for her age This takes place from 2001- Present Other characters in this story play an important role also.

Please read and comment! I love to recieve AND give feedback! I appreciate everyone's opinions! ;-)

 

 

1. Epilogue by MJ Fan For Life

2. Chapter 1 by MJ Fan For Life

3. Chapter 2 by MJ Fan For Life

4. Chapter 3 by MJ Fan For Life

5. Chapter 4 by MJ Fan For Life

6. Chapter 5 by MJ Fan For Life

7. Chapter 6 by MJ Fan For Life

8. Chapter 7 by MJ Fan For Life

9. Chapter 8 by MJ Fan For Life

10. Chapter 9 by MJ Fan For Life

11. Chapter 10 by MJ Fan For Life

12. Chapter 11 by MJ Fan For Life

13. Chapter 12 by MJ Fan For Life

14. Chapter 13 by MJ Fan For Life

15. Chapter 14 by MJ Fan For Life

16. Chapter 15 by MJ Fan For Life

17. Chapter 16 by MJ Fan For Life

18. Chapter 17 by MJ Fan For Life

19. Chapter 18 by MJ Fan For Life

20. Chapter 19 by MJ Fan For Life

21. Chapter 20 by MJ Fan For Life

22. Chapter 21 by MJ Fan For Life

23. Chapter 22 by MJ Fan For Life

24. Chapter 23 by MJ Fan For Life

25. Chapter 24 by MJ Fan For Life

26. Chapter 25 by MJ Fan For Life

27. Chapter 26 by MJ Fan For Life

28. Chapter 27 by MJ Fan For Life

29. Chapter 28 by MJ Fan For Life

30. Chapter 29 by MJ Fan For Life

31. Chapter 30 by MJ Fan For Life

32. Chapter 31 by MJ Fan For Life

33. Chapter 32 by MJ Fan For Life

34. Chapter 33 by MJ Fan For Life

35. Chapter 34 by MJ Fan For Life

36. Chapter 35 by MJ Fan For Life

37. Chapter 36 by MJ Fan For Life

38. Chapter 37 by MJ Fan For Life

39. Chapter 38 by MJ Fan For Life

40. Chapter 39 by MJ Fan For Life

Epilogue by MJ Fan For Life

                                           *2009* Epilogue

Everything still seemed very surreal. I still couldn’t wrap myself around the fact that I was attending my husband’s memorial service. “This cannot be happening, this cannot be happening,” I continued to repeat to myself. It seems like yesterday that we happily got married. And it seems like hours since I kissed him goodbye and told him that I would see him soon. Now that day will never happen because my husband was dead.

Words do not express how much I loved this man. Our relationship definitely had its ups and downs, but we always believed in what we had. The two of us ended up being good for one another, each in our own ways. He had given me so much in the eight years that I had known him; we had only been married for three. I became the doting step mother to his three beautiful children. We all were so close, that they felt like they were my own. We tried to have the most normal family life as possible. Lord knows how hard it was, but we did our best. Nothing mattered to me, as long as I was with him and the kids. They meant the most to me in my life.

I stared at his beautiful golden casket and nearly lost it. Instead I allowed myself to slightly whimper as a few tears rolled down my face. My deadbeat mother always told me that I have to be strong, no matter what happens in life. Or in this case, death. So for that reason alone, I had to be strong for the children, his family, my family, and the fans.

Allow me to formally introduce myself. My full name is Jaden Kimoria Ross. However, everyone in the world knows me simply as Jade. I’m 31 years old. I guess you could say that I’m your typical American woman…… except I have two things that set me a part. First of all, I am a superstar. I’m not trying to sound all cocky, but that is what I have been labeled by the media and by the fans. I’ve had it all in a span of a few years: Millions of records sold, a few Grammies under my belt, and fame. I definitely come from one of those rags-to –riches stories.

Another huge thing that sets me a part is the person who I am (or was) married to. You see, this guy never was your average Joe. He too was a superstar….but he was on a whole other planet of superstardom. He had been performing since like the age of 5, until he and his brothers struck it big through Motown by the time he was 11. Their group made history, selling records upon records all the way up until they were grown men. To make a long story short, after making a few solo records while still with the group, my husband disbanded himself for good. He came out with the biggest selling record of all time, along with subsequent record breaking albums. People flocked to see his concerts and music videos every time he had one. This guy was an amazing dancer; no one could ever get on his level of stage performance and showmanship!

Unfortunately, he also was the target of tabloids. If they weren’t writing about him sleeping in the bed with children or in hyperbaric chambers, speculating about his child-like behavior, ranting about his nose and plastic surgeries, and making fun of his skin- changing condition, they were hurting and accusing him of doing things that he would NEVER do to children. With his lifestyle, he definitely took the Bad with the Good. For those reasons, he never had the normal “Boy- Next- Door” life that he sometimes longed for.

If you haven’t guessed by now, my husband is (or was) Michael Joseph Jackson- also known as “The King of Pop”.

As I sit with the Jackson family and Paris, Prince, and Blanket are solemnly next to me, I still can’t believe that we were here to say goodbye for good. On earth at least. Pangs of guilt waved over me; I felt like I had completely failed in my wifely instincts and duties. If there had only been something that I could have done….that I could have prevented to stop Michael’s death. I could have been more aggressive. I should have seen some kind of warning sign. Scenarios of “Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda” played out in my head as everyone watched Michael’s celebrity friends give their tributes to him, one by one.

But wait. I’m getting ahead of myself. You’re probably wondering how we ended up together in the first place right? Well sit back because it was quite a journey of how I ended up being married to Michael Jackson. All the way to the bitter end.

Chapter 1 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 1: *Around 2001*

“Okay, so that’s two short stacks of blueberry pancakes, eggs… one over-easy….the other scrambled…. Bacon on one order….sausage on the other and an order of hash browns…” Jaden K. Ross read off the order to her customers. The two young men nodded their heads to approve. “Yep ma, you’ve got it.” One of the young men said. Jaden put on her fake ‘I’m at work’ smiles. “Okay, I’ll be back in a few minutes with your orders.” She told them.

As she was about to turn and walk away, one of the boys grabbed her by the wrist. Shocked, Jaden yanked her hand away and gave him a menacing look. “Whoa, ma.” He explained. “There’s no need for you to be all defensive. I just wanted to tell you that you look real good and whatchu’ getting into when you get off." Jaden sighed, used to all of the unwanted attention and advances that she frequently got from her male customers.

“Look, I’m sure you’re a nice guy and all, but I’m really not interested in seeing anybody right now.” Dejected, the young man pulled out his phone. “I can’t even get a number or somethin’?” he asked. With that, Jaden snickered, shook her head and walked off. She was amused at the boy’s relentlessness. “Forget you then! Just bring me my food!” he yelled after her, clearly embarrassed. All in a day’s work, she thought to herself.

She wasn’t sure how long she would last with that stupid waitressing job at the 24-Hour diner. The pay was not that great; it barely helped pay for the apartment that she shared with three other people. She surely didn’t appreciate the demeaning treatment that she received from many of her customers night in and night out. It was extremely hard for her not to be rude to them because they gave her the meager tips that she desperately needed. Her employees and bosses weren’t the ideal crowd to work around neither. All she needed was a break, a blessing from the sky, to get her name out there. Then she would leave this dump for good.

At 23, Jaden Kimoria Ross was a very determined and head-strong young woman. A couple of years ago, she had enough of the rough meaningless home life in Oklahoma. She had dreams that she never would achieve if she continued to live there. With that, she took all of her savings and the few belongings that she had and moved to California. When she got there, she didn’t have a home and even had to stay at the homeless shelter for awhile before finding a cheap apartment with complete strangers. Even through that was a moot point in her life, she made sure to never even think about going back to Oklahoma. Not only would she be giving up on what she really wanted, but that meant that she was weak and accepting failure. It was at least one thing her mother instilled in her and she planned not to ever let her see it. Home life taught her to have a hard shell towards things in life.

More than anything, Jaden wanted to be a singer. Not just any singer, she wanted to be a performer and an inspiration. She wanted to write and sing songs that touched people’s hearts. She wanted to dance and make the crowd feel what she was feeling. She wouldn’t have moved so many miles away if she didn’t believe in her talents.

Jaden could SANG with so much passion and grace; her voice was very strong, clear and defined. Her dancing talents were very sophisticated, filled with rhythm and talents. She also taught herself how to play the guitar. It was no doubt that she had major talent. The many record labels and judges that she auditioned for told her that. However, they told her that she either was too passionate and not commercial enough, or the other way around. Jaden never knew that someone could get rejected for having “Too Much” talent. She needed something (or someone trustworthy) to come through.

However, she never had trouble getting offers to model, but that wasn’t what she had come to California for. Jaden was a staggering 5 foot, 7in and had incredibly long legs. Her body had curves for days and she was well-proportioned on the top and bottom. She fit nicely in a size seven. Her smooth butter cream complexion was a result of her heritage. Her mother was of European descent; her father was three- fourths African-American and one-fourth Japanese. Her exotic look was evident in her high-check bones, full lips and her almond-shaped golden eyes. Her hair (which she wore up at work) fell past her shoulder in wispy dark waves. There was no doubt that she was incredibly gorgeous. However, she didn’t think much of her appearance. She always focused herself on her family and her talents. In her eyes, there was little time for dating or anything else.

By the time she begrudgingly gave the boys their orders and collected her small tip, she was finished with her shift. “Lucinda, I’m done for tonight” she announced to her co-worker. “Okay sweetie,” the nice middle aged women replied. “Any luck with auditions this week hon?” Jade solemnly shook her head, but forced a small smile. “Nope not yet!” she said as cheerfully as possible. “But there’s always more.” “That’s right” Lucinda said. “I feel like something amazing is gonna happen for you soon, you know?” Lucinda felt for Jade. She had heard her sing before and knew that she had amazing talent and looks. She knew Jaden had her head focused on making it, and she wanted to see her succeed. “I hope so,” Jaden confessed. “It’s almost been two years. I knew it would be easy at all though. I just need a break from God!” “Well you keep praying dear,” Lucinda said. “Something special’s gonna happen to you. I can feel it!” Jade chucked. “I believe you dear. Thanks for the encouragement.Good night!”

By the time she got to the bus stop, she waited for her usual 6:30 a.m. bus. She didn’t mind working overnight; she never could sleep many hours a night. As she got on the bus she pulled out her walkman and cut on to one of her favorite artists of all time. She nodded her head to the songs off of Michael Jackson’s HIStory album. Michael, when are you gonna come out with a new album? She hypothetically quizzed to herself. He had too much talent to not have any new stuff out. She loved his music, his personality and thought he was the sexiest man….light or dark skinned. She, like everyone else tried to imitate his moves also. His songs and performances to her always was a get away from her damp home life.

When she got back, she walked into the old apartment that she shared with another girl and two boys. They all were slightly younger than her, 20 or 21. She found out about them through a posting at a grocery store. They all were struggling artists who had to work scrap jobs to make ends meet. Although they could be a bit too strange and eclectic, Jaden found them refreshing and made the best of her time living with them.

“Everyday, make you’re his-tor-yyyyy….” She sang the Michael Jackson song with passion as she entered the room she shared with her roommate Cassie, who was passed out and slightly snoring on the floor. After she showered and ate, she laid her head down, hoping to get some sleep. I hope Lucinda is right, Jade thought to herself. She needed something amazing to happen. And soon.

Chapter 2 by MJ Fan For Life


Chapter 2: Amazing meets the sky

The customers were all crowded up at the restaurant the following night. It was an unusual rainy California night and no one was interested in facing the light thunderstorm head on yet. Jaden didn’t mind; it was a good night to get tips from her extended tables.

As for Devin L. Smith, a customer who nervously sipped his coffee, he was in a big rut. He was a studio sound manager for Sony and just got word from his boss that he would need to find an additional female backup singer for one of their top artists of all time. Their artist was making a new album starting in a week and all of the backup singers needed to be there to learn the harmonies. “Damn it Devin, what did you get yourself into?” he scolded himself. He had made a few mistakes with his boss before; he was a very hard man to please. The last thing Devin needed was another strike against him. To not have the exact number of backup singers available for the label’s superstar artist would just be asking for a pink slip. The 33- year -old figured that in a year or two, his efforts would be recognized and he could make his way to one of the top positions. However, first things were first, and he needed to come up with a background singer in the next 24 hours, or else he would be screwed. “Think Devin think!” he chided himself. He ran one hand anxiously through his sandy blond hair while the other tapped on his table.

Meanwhile, Jaden was in a seemingly good mood that night. She had lucked out in getting some really good tips for a change. Plus, she didn’t get any rude or condescending customers. “I’ll think I’ll treat myself to a new pair of shoes” she thought to herself. For her, shopping was a huge luxury because she always had trouble making ends meet. However, she knew for once that she needed to treat herself to something special. She had hard enough for a reward.

During her break, Jaden felt inspiration to write a song. Like a true musician, she carried her pen, paper, and guitar with her at all times. It was always ready because she felt that the opportunity for creation could be at anytime and anyplace. She grabbed a table in the far back of the restaurant and allowed her creative juices to flow “I was a wayward child, the weight of the world that I have deep inside. Life was a winding road and I learned many things little ones shouldn’t know,” she sung on her guitar with a sweet, clear melody. “But I close my eyes, steadied my feet on the ground, raised my head to the sky and as time rolls by…I still feel like a child that looks at the moon, maybe I grew up a little too soon……” The autobiographical song came to her as she paused only to write down the newfound lyrics that came in her mind.

Little did Jaden know that someone was listening to her beautiful voice. As Devin walked back to his table from the restroom, he heard her loud and clear. Her melodic voice sounded pure, yet aggressive. He knew good music when he heard it from working at Sony. That voice definitely was not an exception. “Wow, what a voice,” he thought aloud. He turned to see where it was coming from and discovered a beautiful young woman singing, writing, and playing her guitar. By the uniform, it was apparent to him that she worked there. Suddenly, Devin’s green eyes widened at the thought of a chance to add his final backup. He looked up and put his hands together.

“Thanks, I owe ya one!” he said, apparently talking to God. His boss told him to have four backup singers; he never said they couldn’t be amateurs.
Devin walked up to her table and cleared his throat, startling Jaden out of her groove. “Um, sorry. I couldn’t help but notice that you have a really nice voice.” Devin started. Jade smiled shyly, unaware that she had an audience. She noticed that the man had a suave, “California Boy” look about him. “Thank you sir. I appreciate that,” Devin cleared his throat again, figuring out how to come with his proposal. “Please. You don’t have to call me sir. What’s your name?” “Jaden,” the stunning girl replied in light southern accent. “Hi. I’m Devin. Devin Smith.” He shook her hand looking into her golden eyes.

“No offence…. But what’s a beautiful girl with such a good voice working here? You should be in a recording studio or in Vegas somewhere.” Jaden laughed at the thought of her being one of those Las Vegas showgirls. “Vegas isn’t really my dream. You see, this job is only temporary. I want to eventually get my name out there to become a performer.” “Jackpot!” Devin thought. “Reel this one in Smith and you are good to go.” He took a seat across from Jaden and smiled “What if I told you that tonight is your lucky night.” “Huh?” Jaden asked, dumbfounded. “Tonight is your lucky night.” Devin repeated. “I really need a backup singer for our superstar artist. You won’t believe who he is. He’s the ultimate legend. Everybody knows him. Everybody respects him. Everybody…well almost everybody…loves him.” “Huh?” Jaden repeated, ignoring his description. “Look, where are you getting at? If you are one of those sleazy guys looking for some chick to pick up, I’m not the one. I’ve heard it all before….” It was all too surreal to her. Why would this man appear out of nowhere and offer her a singing job? He must want something.

Devin realized that she thought he was a desperate guy looking for an advance from her. He understood how men in Hollywood lied to women and said they had connections, only to get them to sleep with them. He pulled out his official Sony business card out of his wallet and handed it to her. He also took out pictures of him in the studio with various artists and company parties. Devin had worked with all kinds of famous artists in many genres. “I would never waste anyone’s time if I were lying.” He told her as she looked over his cards and pictures. “I heard you. You really can sing. I need a backup by tomorrow. The pay is good, and it’ll help you set your goal of getting out of this job and getting recognized.” “Wow.” Was all Jaden could say. She couldn’t believe this was all happening to her at once. “His cards and pictures look legit,” she thought. “Maybe this is it. Maybe this is my opportunity. What else is there to lose? I’ve gotta take a chance here.”

Jaden smiled as she handed him back his pictures. “Okay Mr. Smith. You’ve got yourself a backup.” Devin grinned, showing his perfect teeth. “You won’t regret it Jaden. And you didn’t let me tell you whose vocals you’ll be backing up. You’ll never guess.” Jaden had been caught up in all of the excitement of her new job that she forgot that part. “Who?!” she asked, now genuinely excited. “Need I say...The King of Pop?” “What?!!! Michael Jackson?” Jaden screamed causing a few customers to stare. Once they turned around, she had to catch her breath. “I love him so much! I loved him every since I was a child! I didn’t even know he was coming out with a new album.” “Yeah, he had been keeping it under the radar for awhile, but he’s back. He’s excited about it.” Devin deadpanned. He worked with celebrity artists all the time, so it became routine after awhile. Jaden shifted her weight as she giddily smirked. She could barely stay in her chair. This was a once in lifetime deal; she couldn’t believe that she was going to be working, much less than with her idol on his album. She considered herself lucky just being in the same room with Michael Jackson.

“So do you know where Sony is located?” Devin asked. “I could give you the directions if not.” He was used to people’s excitement over celebrities. From the time he had worked with star artists, he thought of them as regular people with extraordinary talents. However, he could understand how someone would be really excited to work with The King Of Pop. It was Michael Jackson they were talking about. Jaden looked away. “I…don’t have a car,” she admitted. Devin nodded his head in understanding. He knew how it was to struggle at the beginning of things. There was something genuine about this girl; he knew there had to be a story behind her. For some reason, it made him want to help her out more. “That’s okay sweetheart,” Devin told her. “I’ll have a car be sent for you. All I need is your address and you’ll be good to go.” Jade couldn’t believe her ears. “Oh my God, that would be so wonderful! Thank you so much!”

“Like I said, I wouldn’t want to waste your time if I were lying or didn’t believe in what I hear,” he said. The way he said it and the way he looked allowed Jade to trust him, which wasn’t easy for her to do. For the rest of the time, the two new acquaintances exchanged information and Jaden sung for him one last time before they said departed until the next day

Chapter 3 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 3: Just too Good to be…..

“Lucinda was right, Cassie! She told me that something amazing would happen and it did!.” Jaden recapped her friend and roommate everything that happened the night before. “She was so happy for me. Wow, like I barely slept today. Do you know how long I’ve waited for something like this to happen? I’m so excited, yet I’m so worried about messing up or something! Who would’ve known all this would have happened in one night?” she talked a mile a minute.

It was the next afternoon and Jaden was getting ready at her house to be picked up to be taken to Sony. Cassie was a nice looking Latina girl. The painter was a bit on the nerdy side, but she had potential to be pretty. “I sure as hell didn’t!” Cassie commented. “I mean, girl, you are about to meet, greet, and SING with the King of Pop! I wish I were you right now.” Jaden couldn’t help but squeal. “Oh my God, Cassie, you know how much I love him! Through everything, I don’t believe anything the tabloid has said about him.”

“All I know is that once people hear that pretty little….excuse me….BIG voice of yours, AND the fact that you have performed with Michael Jackson, you will become a superstar. I said it first!” Jaden smiled relishing at the thought of one day being known for her work, but quickly pushed it aside. “Well I don’t know about all of that,” she said. “I’ve gotta see what happens next before I start giving myself Grammies.” The two of them shared a laugh as they heard a horn blaring outside. They ran to their small, draft window and peered outside. There was a nice GMC Denali waiting. “Oh my God girl, that’s them! It’s Sony! I can’t believe I’m headed to Sony. I can’t believe I’m about to sing with Michael Jackson. I can’t-“

“I can’t believe you are still here talking to me when you should be going. LIKE NOW.” Cassie pushed her friend towards the front door. “Do you think I’m dressed okay for this?” Jaden worriedly asked. She had on a shape- hugging pair of her best jeans, a form fitting blouse, a new pair of low heel sling backs. She freed her thick wavy hair that fell nicely past her shoulders. “Girl you look fine. Now go!” Cassie pushed her out of the door. As Jade left, she shouted “GET ME AN AUTOGRAPH OF MJ!!”

Uncertain, Jaden went up the driver’s door and knocked. The guy, who had on a black suit and hat looked at her. “Are you a Jaden Ross?” he asked. Jaden nodded. “Hop in,” he simply said. As the driver took her to Hollywood, Jaden tried sink in all that has and was about to happen. It all was too good to be true. “Here’s to making an impression Jaden Kimoria Ross. Give it your best shot” she thought to herself.

Chapter 4 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 4: Outta Sight, Into Mind

It was around mid afternoon and The King of Pop came into the studio to work on tracks before his producers and backup singers arrived. Michael always thought things happened for a reason. From the experience of being a Mega-Star, being in the tabloids and being mistrusted by people his whole life, he was taught with going with his gut feelings on things. That is why he felt like leaving Sony after this album was the best thing to do. He had had enough dealing with “The Devil”- also known as Mr. Tommy Mottola’s sneaky, conniving tactics toward him and other artists. The meeting last week when he broke the news to everyone didn’t go as well as he thought. He heard from his sound manager, Devin that Mottola was planning not to do any promotion or touring for his album since he was leaving. If it were true, it added another layer of problems between him and Sony. More than anything, he now wanted to pour his heart into this upcoming album, do the 30th Anniversary Special and prove to everyone that Michael Jackson still had it. Especially if he now didn’t have Mattola’s support.

That was the story of Michael J. Jackson. With all of the fortune, record breaking albums, success, and fame, there were huge downsides to it. He was accused, misused, and abused by people-especially the media. Because of that, he trusted very few people. His kids and animals were the ones he trusted the most. His kids never questioned his motives. They never judged him, and they were always putting a smile on his face. They were all the love he needed. However, he had to admit through….. he was a bit lonely. He wished he could find a woman that he could trust and give his all to. He wanted someone who looked at him as an individual and didn’t judge. She always could be trusted and had to be both vulnerable yet tough. She had to love unconditional, not be gullible, be good to his children, and share similar interests as he did. Good looks were always a bonus, but it didn’t have to be a must because he looked at what was inside first. However, because he was Michael Jackson, it was very hard to find his dream woman. He had countless fans, but who would ever love him as just a person and not just a star?

“Hey, what’s up Mike?” Teddy Riley appeared in the studio. This was the third consecutive album he helped him produced. Michael worked well with Teddy; he not only let him do his thing, but he had a lot of great ideas about what good R&B is. After all, he was considered the founder of New Jack Swing. “Backup singers are about to come in. I think we’ve got everything set.” Michael smiled as he rubbed his hands together. He was always excited about working on his music. He could escape, let out his passion, and send a message to the world through his art. “Great, great! I’m excited. I wanna work on Unbreakable first. I would really like that to be my first single.” “Yeah man, that song is hot.” Teddy agreed. “It sends out a good message to the media too. It kinda has that “Scream” feel to it, but better.” The two worked a few more minutes on a couple of songs when all of a sudden, Devin came in to greet them.

“Hi you two,” Devin began. “We have the backups outside. Want me to bring them in?” Michael simply nodded; he was ready to get this show on the road. With that, Devin motioned with his hand for all of the backup singers to come in. Two male singers, a female singer and Jaden followed inside the studio. As generous as always, Michael stood up to great his new studio entourage. “Hi everyone,” he began. “It’s an honor to have you all here for my album. I appreciate you taking the time to help me with the vocals for my tracks,” Smiling, he hoped that he was making everyone as comfortable as possible. The backup singers all smiled back, a bit star struck and not knowing what else to say. Michael went up to them, shook each of their hands and asked each of their names. When he got to Jaden, he was taken aback. His doe light brown eyes met her slanted golden ones. “Oh boy, she has really beautiful eyes,” he thought. He allowed his gaze to look over her entire presence. She was a natural beauty alright, in every way. She seemed to have an exotic look about her (which was a turn on for him) with curves for days.

For Jaden, she didn’t know how to take the way her idol looked at her. She was already beyond nervous to be in his presence. She was still in a complete state of shock that she was in his presence about to make music with him. “Oh God, he’s so fine….,” she breathed to herself. He looked even better than he did on television. He stood over her with his near six -foot slim frame. His hair was in a shoulder-length messy, sexy shag, which suited him well. His porcelain- tan colored skin complimented the purple button down shirt and black slacks he had on. His well defined facial features gave signs that he was a nice, approachable person.

Michael had to snap himself out of his trance before anyone would notice. “What’s your name?” he asked her. “Ja…Ja….” She began. “Damn, what’s my name?!!!” “Uh…Jaden. Riiiight?” Devin filled in for her with a laugh. He thought it was comical how people acted around celebrities. He hoped she would loosen up in time for everyone to start practicing. Everyone else started to laugh also. Jaden swallowed, pressing herself to speak again.

Don’t be stupid. He’s a person just like everyone else!” “Yes, I’m Jaden,” she finally said, smiling. “Jaden Ross.” “Nice to meet you,” Michael greeted. As he shook her hand, the two eyes met again. For Michael something about this girl made him want to get to know her. It was like she had secrets he wanted to find out about. For Jade, this man was making her weak in the knees. They both quickly looked away. “Are you related to Diana Ross by any chance?” Michael joked. Everyone laughed again. “Well no…but I wish I was,” Jaden explained, loosening up a bit.

Teddy Riley then clapped his hands together. “Alright, enough with the talking! We can have meet and greet later on,” he said. “Let’s get together on these lyrics. You all need to know what beats you all are gonna come in on, the harmonies and the lyrics, so we have a lot of work to do. We’ve gotta do it extra-right because we are working on a legend’s album AND you all most likely will be performing with him at the 30th anniversary!” Jaden’s eyes widened in disbelief as the rest of the background singers murmured in excitement. There now was a chance that she was going to perform with Michael Jackson at what she sure was to be a world-wide event. Things for her just kept becoming more and more wonderful and unbelievable.

Chapter 5 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 5: “Unbreakably Good”

For the entire day well into the night, Michael worked with his producers and new backup singers to create life into his tracks. It was well known he was a perfectionist; he had to have everything done right. It was a big factor into what made him The King of Pop. By the time it came to doing lyrics, he expected the backup singers to have the words memorized and harmonized. This seemed to tire out the other background singers. They respected and were in awe to be working with MJ, but they thought he was too far of a perfectionist. However, this was not the case for Jade. She enjoyed and relished every minute in watching and learning her idol, the King work his magic in the studio. Devin was a fine sound manager also; he worked well with everyone to make sure everything sounded good.

“Alright, I wanna hear my backups sing Unbreakable!” Michael demanded excitedly. He was tired of practicing and wanted to her them all with the music. Jade shared the excitement and too was ready perform his song. After the backups settled into the sound booth, Devin was given the cue to start the track. “You can’t believe it, you can’t conceive it. And you can’t touch me, cause I’m untouchable. And I know you hate it, and you can’t take it. You’ll never break me. Cause I’m unbreakable,” they all harmonized. Jade sung it more strongly than the others, giving it the passion and grit the song commanded. “Hold the tape!” Teddy yelled, cuing Devin to stop the track. He looked at Michael and knew exact what he was thinking. “Okay, something sounds out of order. It’s like you all are singing it well, but someone is doing it better than the other! Let’s all be on the same page here.” Michael nodded in agreement, glad that Teddy took the words from his mouth for him. As Jade cleared her throat, she could feel a couple of the backup singers glaring at her in jealousy. She couldn’t help she was singing that way. Singing just came naturally that way for her.

Devin cued up the song again and once again the backups sung the chorus: “You can’t believe it, you can’t conceive it. And you can’t touch me, cause I’m untouchable. And I know you hate it, and you can’t take it. You’ll never break me. Cause I’m unbreakable,” Jade sung the chorus again with even more passion, grit and on key vibrato. She remembered how Michael had wanted it sung, and she had a talent for mimicking things exactly how they were. At the same time, Michael, Devin, and Teddy all looked over at them.

“Wow. Someone sounds good,” Michael said, not trying to beat around the bush. “Aight. I wanna hear each of you individually, starting with you” Teddy declared. He pointed at one of the guys to sing first. As each of them went through the song, it was clear it wasn’t any of their voices. “Okay, you,” Teddy pointed at Jaden. She felt nervous with everyone- especially MJ- staring at her. But she had to go with her inner flow. “You can’t believe it, you can’t conceive it. And you can’t touch me, cause I’m untouchable. And I know you hate it, and you can’t take it. You’ll never break me. Cause I’m unbreakable,” she closed her eyes and belted out a few vocal runs with ease. It came so naturally, so unforced, yet great sounding that it sort of surprised herself.

“Woooowww…. You sounded great Jaden. I loved it,” Michael said in awe. He hadn’t heard a strong, controlled voice like that from anyone in a long time. It was refreshing to hear someone sing like that today’s music world. It didn’t help that she was a gorgeous lady either. Jaden immediately blushed as she felt the other backup singer’s eyes burn through her in further envy.

“Th-thank you,” she found herself saying. It was surreal to be getting a compliment from MJ. “Yo that was hot!’ Teddy declared. “Everybody take note of how she’s singing it. That’s what we want not only on this track, but this entire album!” Michael agreed, glaring once more at Jaden. “I bet a voice like that comes naturally, without vocal training,” he thought. It made him all the more interested in somehow getting to know who this lady was.

After they finally corrected and laid the vocals on Unbreakable, it was time to call it a day. Michael disappeared as soon as possible. Although he wanted to stay and overcome his shyness to talk to the pretty girl, he really wanted to be home in time to tuck his children into bed. It meant the world to him to read a story to them and tell them how much he loved them.

Meanwhile as Devin took it all in earlier, he came up with the perfect idea. This idea and plan would get him to where he wanted to be in the music industry. On the very top. Jaden would be his ticket to get there. He found her first after all.

He tapped Jade on the shoulder as she got ready to leave. “Hey. You did your thing tonight,” he told her. Jade continued to shyly blush. “It was nothing…really. I hope I didn’t come off as trying to show off anybody.” Devin scoffed. He lowered his voice. “These so called ‘trained studio singers’ think they really have talent. But you showed them a thing or two tonight dear. You really impressed Michael too…which is really hard to do I might add.” Jade couldn’t help but smile. More than anything, she wanted to be in that fine icon’s good graces and was glad she succeeded so far. “Keep up the good work. If it all goes well, I have some things I want to do with you individually.”

Right then and there, Jade wanted to pass out emotionally from everything that was happening to her. She not only worked with her sexy idol, Michael Jackson, but she could be finally be working on truly starting her career. It was all Unbreakably good.

 

End Notes:

Don't be a silent reader! Gimme feedback!!!

Chapter 6 by MJ Fan For Life

 

Chapter 6: One Fine Day

A week passed into making the album. Jaden and the backup singers helped bring Michael’s music to another level. Jaden enjoyed every minute of seeing Michael re-sing his vocals on all of his tracks. Hell, she enjoyed just having the chance to stare at him period. His music sounded great and innovative; it had a swagger and attitude that wasn’t seen as much on his other albums. Jade was in awe with all of his songs and especially enjoyed doing “Speechless”, “Break of Dawn”, “Heartbreaker” and “Whatever Happens” .It was a great deal of work to get their vocals into the tracks, Jaden enjoyed every minute of it. If she never got to be anywhere near a studio again, she would have found solace in the fact that she helped the king of pop make one of his albums. Not too many people could say that.

On one of the last couple of days they were to work on the album, Jade came into the studio early to be prepared and ready to work. She walked around the entire sound stage, admiring all of the equipment that went into making a song. It amazed her how everything had to be run in a precise manner to make sure a record would come out right. It also amazed her how well Michael was in a studio. He was well involved with not only his recordings, but the sound and voice effects. He was a perfectionist in every way, and she admired him even more for that.

Jaden sat on a chair facing the sound booth, her hands lightly touching all of the buttons. “Someday Jade, someday you WILL be in here,” she thought. “And when you do, you have to keep the same passion and drive in your music as Michael Jackson does in his”. Being there brought inspiration to write another song. She took out her trusty guitar and began to strum it, humming out a sweet melody.

Michael had arrived early at the studio as always. He was excited and admittedly, relieved to have his album nearly finished. But for him there is always something else that could be done or altered to be better. As he walked in, he heard Jaden’s sweet melodic voice singing over an acoustic guitar. He came from behind her and stood listening to her sing and write for a few minutes. “She’s beautiful,” he caught himself thinking as he took in her curves housed in her sundress. He didn’t know what it was about her that attracted him the most: her natural beauty, or her raw talent. She seemed to be real in every way. He noticed that she had major drive , took direction well, and gave her all vocally during the time she worked with him. Although there wasn’t really time to talk during the recording sessions, she seemed to shy away from him. He was used to that kind of reaction from people. However, he really wanted to know about this girl for some reason.

After Jaden finished writing down her new song, she got up to stretch and turned around. She unknowingly stood face to face with Michael. “Ahhh!!!” she screeched, taking a step back. Michael couldn’t help but laugh as he held up his hand. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you.” Jaden laughed, easing her tension. “It’s okay. I should have been watching where I’m going.” After the laughter died down, she played with the thread of her sundress, unsure of what else to say. Michael folded his long arms and leaned against a chair. “Are you usually always this quiet?” he asked. Jaden looked up, realizing this was the first normal conversation she had with him. As usual, he was well dressed and good looking. “Well, I’m not the most talkative person in the world, but I guess I have to warm up to people first.” I hope I don’t sound stupid she thought. “I can understand that,” Michael agreed. “That’s my usual reaction. A lot of people can’t believe I’m such a shy person off stage.”

“So. What about you?” he asked. “Where are you from? You seem to have a peculiar accent…like a bit southern.” Jaden took a seat, feeling her nervousness ease. “Well, you see….I’m from the middle of nowhere…Oklahoma to be exact. I moved here about two years ago to pursue a music career.” “Is this your first move in the business?” Michael asked. “Yeah. Devin saw me singing at my job at the restaurant and asked me to be one of the backups. It’s crazy how I’m finally making the strides to where I wanna go.” Michael nodded. He knew Devin had the knack for picking out good talent. “Well, I’m glad things are starting to look up. You really have an amazing voice and you seem to mimic well which is very important. I bet you will get a recording contract very soon” Jade felt herself blush. She couldn’t believe she was being complemented by the King of Pop. “Thank you so much. I have to say that you were one of the biggest influences growing up for me. It made my home life a bit better.”

Michael smiled. He never grew tired of hearing how he affected people positively through his music. Always a good listener, something caught his attention. “Your home life? Was your home life bad or something?” Jaden looked away, unsure of what to say next. Michael sensed her being uncomfortable. “It’s okay if you don’t want to say anything about it. It’s none of my business really.” Jaden looked back at him. Wow. Why do I feel like I can tell Michael Jackson everything right now and feel safe about it? she thought. “No, no, no. It’s fine! Well yeah, I guess you could say I had a not so great home life. Part of the reason I left Oklahoma was to separate myself from my family, if that makes sense.” Michael nodded in understanding Boy. If anyone had any idea that I felt that sometimes…. He thought. Jaden sighed, reliving her past “It’s just that… my father wasn’t that great of a person. He left us behind when we were really little. He came around maybe once every three years and he never had anything good to say about me, my little brother, and my big brother. He and my mother would get into fights all of the time also. He never financially supported us and for mainly that reason, we grew up pretty poor.”

Michael shook his head. After having children of his own, he didn’t
understand how a man could do wrong by his family. At the same time, he reminded him of his own rocky relationship with his father, Joe Jackson. “Anyways, I think his presence did something to my mother’s psyche. I think she was already a bit embarrassed to have had children with a Black man with Asian features. There aren’t too many people in Oklahoma with mulatto children.” Michael took a seat across from her. As sad as this was to hear, he loved to listen to people; it was something that he didn’t get to do on a daily basis. Jaden continued. “So, that and the fact that she had to raise us and support us by herself made her a bit mean to me and my brothers. She worked two jobs to raise us and on the weekends, she would go off gambling or drinking with random people. Me and my brothers were left alone at home most of the time. I had to sort of take over the role as the lady of the house and take care of my brothers most of the time. I didn’t have time to really play or anything. Kind of like you when you were a kid. Except I wasn’t making #1 hits like you.” She laughed trying to ease her hurt.

He felt pure sympathy. He knew exactly what she meant. He thought that no child should ever have their childhood taken away. It was too precious and a person only got to live it once. “I know that had to be tough. It was so tough for me. I hate that you didn’t have a good childhood. Do you and your mother get along now?” Jaden shook her head. “No. She never supported me or my dreams; she thinks I am crazy to ever do music or ANYTHING with my life for that matter. She never even heard me sing until I was 15. She never went to my softball games… never commented on my good grades. We really just don’t get along. I’ve rarely talked to her since I moved. Just my brothers mostly” “I’m sorry.” Michael sympathized. Jaden shrugged, not really wanting to feel the pain anymore. “Both she and my dad give me the drive I need to make it out here”. Michael was amazed at how she took the negative and was trying to make something positive out of the situation. “Wow. You are a very strong person. I can tell that you have Rhinoceros skin.” Michael pointed out. “I’m going to tell you though. You’re gonna need it in this industry to come out on top. Take it from me. I’ve been through everything with the media and with people in my family.”

Jaden nodded felt like she was talking to a long time friend. It had been awhile since she talked about her family with someone and she never would have imagined that it would be so easy with Michael Jackson. “How do you deal with it Michael….everything that goes on in your life? I can’t even imagine anyone going through what you did.” Michael sighed, trying to find the answer. “I just pray to God.” He said. “And turn myself away from the negative things and surrounding myself with the positive, like my children and animals and stuff like that. That and my music.” Aww, that’s really sweet. I pray a lot too. Is that what the song, “You are my life” is about? Michael smiled. “Yeah, mainly.”

Their conversation was interrupted by Teddy and Devin appearing in the studio. “Well lookie, lookie. The early bird and his worm are here.” Teddy joked. “Ha. Ha very funny,” Michael laughed while Jaden smiled. Devin approached Jade. “Hey sweetheart. I was wondering if you could do lunch or something tomorrow. I have a business proposal that you can’t refuse.” “Oh yeah, sure.” Jade excitedly agreed. She was hoping it was a demo tape or something along that line.

Throughout the rest the evening as they practiced, Michael and Jaden snuck looks at each other and smiled. They both had enjoyed their conversation earlier and instantly felt like they found a friend with each other. Michael enjoyed her company and found her to be a refreshing beautiful person. He felt like he needed positive people like that; he decided to do something he rarely did. After the next to last recording session finished, Michael pulled Jaden to the side and handed her a sheet of paper. “I enjoyed our conversation today” he told her. “Me too,” Jaden agreed, no longer very shy around him. “Here’s my number. Call me whenever.” He timidly told her. Oh my God. Did he just give me his number? Jade thought. “O-Okay! I will” Jaden smiled as Michael waved goodbye. This was definitely a One Fine Day, she thought as she walked away.

Chapter 7 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 7: Opportunity Knocks

The next afternoon, Devin took Jaden to lunch as promised, at a very nice restaurant. He spared no expenses when he came down to it. He once learned that in order for a person to get what they want, they have to set the tone right. It was true he had done Jaden a huge favor by finding her and allowing her to work with Michael Jackson. However, it was her uncanny talent that could get both of them the recognition they both wanted. “So darlin’….I wanna make a proposition for you,” he said as they ate their food. Jade raised her eyebrows in suspense, hoping it was another big break in her sudden exciting life. “How would you feel doing a demo? We could hook around seven tracks. Then from there, we can shop around at different record labels so everyone can finally see your talents.” “I humph ift!!…” Jade said with a mouth full of food. “Huh? Didn’t quite get that,” Devin laughed. Jaden swallowed her food, embarrassed. The Chicken Alfredo was divine; she wasn’t used to quality cooking. “I meant to say, I Love It! I love the idea. This is exactly what I’ve been wanting since I got here.”

“Yeah, I know. I believe in what you have Jaden; you are too talented to not further your career and get your name out there.” He straightened himself up in his chair. “I also would like to know how you felt if I were your manager.” Jaden looked at him and found a very assured and focused man. “I would like that. I would like that a lot.” She finally said. “I mean, you’ve helped me so much already…you gave me the opportunity of a lifetime to work with Michael Jackson.” She looked away, smiling at the thought of having spent time with the handsome King of Pop and discovering his genuine personality. She looked back at him. “I just don’t understand though….why me? Why do you want to help me out so bad?” Devin leaned over, folding his hands. “Honestly? I want out from Sony. After I’ve seen what Mottola is doing to Michael and other artists on the label, I don’t want to work with a person like him anymore. I also want to make a bigger name for myself in the music industry; I know good music and good talent, hence that’s how we crossed paths. I think working with you would be the perfect chance for us both to get what we want. Me, a respectable career and you, the fame you want and need. So yeah, it’s for my personal reasons, but it’s more for you.”

Jaden sighed, letting what all her just said sink in. She appreciated his honesty with her, but at the same time wondered if he would consume himself into his personal growth more than her own. “Okay, I can respect that,” Jaden finally said. “But you have to understand, that I’m all about my music and there’s certain things that I won’t do. In a way, I would like us to be business partners, and consult one another before we do certain things. And most importantly, there must be an open, professional line of communication at all times in order to make this thing work.” Devin smiled, impressed with her mannerisms. She was all about business, which was very important in the industry. “I agree, 100 percent Miss Jaden. Do we have ourselves a deal?” he stuck out his hand. Jaden thought about what she was getting into. There’s nothing to lose, she thought as she shook his hand, consummating their deal. “Okay Mr. Devin, you’ve got your first client.” Devin raised his glass. “To us, may we get what we deserve,” Jaden clanked her glass. “Cheers to that indeed.”

Chapter 8 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 8: Guardian Birdie

Over the next weeks, Jaden and Devin attached themselves to a studio to record Jaden’s demo. Devin hired a lady to help produce the tracks. The workload was heavy, however it was made easier because Jade used songs from the hundreds she had in her music journal. She wrote a plethora of songs for different occasions and different emotions throughout her life. She was excited to have a chance to share them. In the final demo cut, they turned her songs into mid-groove R&B songs, some into up tempo Pop, and some into easy-listening Acoustic. Jaden’s voice perfectly complemented the tracks and fit well into any of those genres. Once they figured it was a good as it was going to get, Devin and Jade went around to several major record labels to shop her demo around; it was not an easy feat. Jaden would feel the disappointment rise and Devin would slightly anger when they heard the head person in charge say that they would “Get Back” with them on listening to her demo. Record labels got plenty of them daily and although Jaden was pretty, she was just another face. They remained determined however.

Surprisingly, a week later, they got a call from Universal Music group asking them to come down for a meeting. They had dropped her demo there a few days ago and were told the usual. Nonetheless, they grabbed the opportunity quickly and agreed to meet up with the label.

“How do I look? Am I dressed well enough?” Jaden asked Devin as they nervously sat in the lobby of the nice huge record label. Devin did a once over on the new skirt and blouse that complimented each other well. He was amazed at how someone like her could be so beautiful, yet humble at the same time. It was hard to find a rare commodity after being in California. “You look amazing.” He looked at his new friend. “Don’t be too nervous. Once they hear your voice, you are in!” “I hope so,” Jaden breathed. “Devin Smith and Jaden Ross?” the receptionist called. “You’re meeting with Charlie Kline, down the hall and to the left.” After the two walked into the huge office, they were greeted by a slim, well put together black woman and a portly looking white man with salt and pepper hair. They both appeared to be in their middle ages.

“You must be Jade and Devin,” the man said as he shook both of their hands. “Have a seat.” After they all sat down on the plush seats, the man introduced himself as Charlie Kline. He was the president CEO of Universal Music Group. The woman, Karen Douglas introduced herself as VP of internal affairs. “So we’ve heard your demo,” Charlie said as he cued Karen to play it in the CD player. One of Jaden’s tracks self- titled “24 days of affliction” filled the room as Charlie and Karen nodded their heads to the pulsating beat and Jaden’s in-your-face voice. “And we definitely like what we are hearing!

A little birdie told us to listen to your track, actually a big birdie and needless to say, we are not disappointed.” Jaden and Devin looked at each other, smiling with raised eyebrows. Everything seemed smooth sailing so far.
After they stopped the track, they looked at Jaden. “You’re a beauty,” Charlie told her. “It’s very natural from what I see,” Karen examined her as well. “Take this as a compliment dear; you are very ambiguous looking! I don’t know whether you are black, white, or maybe you could pass for Asian. That can work well for you.” Jaden nodded, not sure how to react to her compliment. “Well I am…all three at least,” “Wonderful! People look to relate and you my dear relate with just being multi-racial.” I never looked at myself as multi-racial before, just human she thought. “Okay back to talents. We’ve heard you sing, but how well?” Charlie asked. “You’ve just heard the demo, didn’t you?” Devin finally spoke up. Charlie nodded. “Yes my man, we certainly have. But at the same time, we wanna hear it live. We are looking for the next top talent… someone who can really sing and entertain. Not just someone who’s a studio singer.” Karen looked at her. “Can you sing us something dear?” Devin looked over at her, and slightly nudged her. “Go head, sweetheart[,” God, please don’t let her mess this up, he thought.

Jaden felt all eyes on her once again as her mind raced for the perfect song. She thought about the time she had spent talking with Michael and how nice it felt. “Your love is magical. That’s how I feel. But I have not yet the words to explain. Gone is the grace for expressions of passion. But there are worlds and worlds of words to explain to tell you how I feel. But I am speechless, speechless that’s how you make me feel….” She sung his song with the matched vibrato and vulnerably as he did, her voice commanding attention. Once she finished, she opened her eyes and saw Charlie drop his pen, Karen had her hand over her mouth and Devin sat with a smug “I told ya so” look, proud of his client.

Charlie swallowed before talking. “Needless to say that was the best vocal run I’ve heard in years! I’d be an idiot not to sign you. I’m not wasting another second. I want to offer you a deal with our company. You’d be working with our top producers, studio managers and marketing staff.” Jaden held her breath, taking it all in. She had been waiting for this moment all of her life, and it was finally here. Devin snapped her back into reality. “This sounds all well and done…except that she gets to write and choose her genre of music, which is mainly R&B and Pop. Also, she plays guitar and would like to be able to play it at her own discretion. We both have to have a hand in whatever she does and not just the staff here. If you agree to this, we have ourselves a deal.” Jade nodded, grateful that her business partner took control of the most important aspect. “All the more better,” Charlie agreed. “As soon as we get the contracts drawn up and get you signed, we will work with you right away for self- promotion and an LP album.” “I am saying it first,” Karen spoke up. “Welcome to UMG!”

After the two left the studio and got into Devin’s Lexus, Jaden finally had the chance to let her emotions out, yelling in glee. “Jaden, you rocked Michael’s song!” Devin complimented her as they high fived one another. “Thanks, I had to do him justice. He is my inspiration…. I can’t believe that I am signed to one of the biggest record labels ever! It’s too good to be true!” “Yep. I don’t think they really thought you could sing,” Devin said. “But once they heard your voice, they couldn’t do anything else but stare.” “Wow. It seems like a guardian angel was on our side. God was looking out for us,” She thought aloud. “That’s true. It’s rather strange how everything came into place like it did. But let’s not speculate, let’s celebrate. Dinner on me!!!”

Little did they know that the ‘birdie’ was indeed Michael Jackson. He was acquaintances with Charlie Kline and was the one to put in a good word for Jade. He knew that Devin was Jade’s manager and were putting out demos. As always, he wanted to help someone’s dream come true and he believed that Jade truly deserved it.

Chapter 9 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 9: Who is it? Part I

Jaden looked around in her new efficiency after taking a warm bubble bath and slipping into some cutoff shorts and a sports bra. She earned enough money from working with Michael and had a saved stash from her time at the diner (from where she had finally quit couple of weeks prior). Furthermore, her signing bonus would be able to take care of her living expenses once the rest of the money ran out. The place was in a slightly better neighborhood than where she once was, and was quaint enough for her. Her next goal, was to buy a car. But for now, she would be catching cabs and riding with Devin.

Life was good for her right then and the only thing she could do was get on her knees and thank God for everything falling into place. She was thankful to have a friend like Devin. He truly had looked out for her every since they met. So far, they seemed to work together very well also. The two were very content to remain friends and nothing further. Although Devin was attractive, she didn’t have any other feeling towards him. He wasn’t her type; always on the go and didn’t have the best attention span. Jaden was usually a calm, chill person who enjoyed good conversation with good listeners. She liked sharing her secrets, knowing they were going to be safe with someone special. Immediately, she thought about Michael and how she relished her home life so easily with him. She never was one to discuss her past so easily. Devin only knew bits and pieces but never pressed the issue thankfully. However with Michael, it felt normal and it felt right. He had been on her mind every since the last day of recording, with every right to be. What kind of superstar would end up being so…real? She thought. There were few to be thought of in her eyes.

Ironically, Jaden’s stereo was on random play and had flipped to Michael Jackson’s “Who is it?” She laughed. “Maybe this is a sign or something,” she said aloud. She was a bit lonely and bored. She needed some good conversation. She still had his number. As she grabbed her phone to call, thoughts raced through her head. What if he doesn’t want to talk? Maybe it was a mistake. Or maybe this is a bad time to call. She played with her waves, unsure of what to do next. She got up, grabbed a bowl of ice cream and flipped on the TV, until she stopped at cartoons. She considered herself to be a big kid at times; she adored cartoons, carnivals and a few other juvenile things. It was nothing out of the ordinary…to her at least. Soon curiosity was eating at her. She wanted to talk to him. What’s the worst that could happen? She thought and dialed his number.

Chapter 10 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 10: Who is it? Part II

“And they all lived safe and sound, happily ever after,” Michael read aloud to his now sleeping children. Paris and Prince soundly slept on either side of him, their angelic faces dreaming of hopefully beautiful things. It was the third night they had fallen asleep in his bed; he knew he had to get them to sleep back in their own beds before this because they could grow accustomed to being there. He sat up and ran his hands over his son and daughter’s ivory cheeks. They were the best things to happen to him; he loved being there for them, watching them magically grow up before his eyes. He loved being a dad and they gave him reason to do what he did, everyday. It was unfortunate how things ended up with their mother Debbie. She told him that she didn’t want to be a media spectacle any longer; she wanted to live the normal life she once had. And although the divorce was hard for him, he realized deep down that he didn’t love her in a way a man should be in love with his wife. He knew he loved her, but he also knew that he wasn’t IN love with her. It was the fact and he dealt with it. Thank God she had given him a gift that no other person could; two beautiful children. There had only been a few women Michael had ever been with and dated; he actually could count them on one hand. That was an unusual record for any kind of superstar. Only his first ex-wife Lisa Marie had made the biggest impact on his love life.

He got up slowly from the bed and quietly pulled the covers over Paris and Prince. He wasn’t much of a sleeper. Long hours from touring and concerts in his lifetime threw any sleep cycle he had out of whack, so he slept when he could or felt it. Unsure of what to do with himself, he wandered downstairs and snuck into the kitchen contemplating on getting a bowl of ice cream. He had trouble with the addicting cold treat, and tried to stay away from it especially around him when he worked to keep in shape. He did have the 30th anniversary concert to do; as always, it was a big event. It was a nerve-wracking time for him; he was set to do a concert with his 5 brothers, whom he loved dearly but hadn’t performed with in well over a decade. Besides that, he had an anticipated album due out and he was just about sure that Mottola would not be making strides to promote it after finding out his future departure with Sony. “The Devil” made sure that “You Rock My World” would be his single, although he expressed he wanted “Unbreakable” to be it. He got on his knees and folded his hands together, doing only what he knew best. “God, grant me the ability to what I can, and the strength to get through what I can’t,” he prayed.

After praying for family and friends, he got up and went into the entertainment room, wearing his red pajamas with a muscle shirt underneath. He decided he would go against his rule and eat ice cream anyway; he had worked hard for it. He turned on his huge flat screen television, flipping through channels. He purposely avoided tabloid shows and yellow journalism networks because he could run into some un-nice things said about him. He never understood how people could lie and slander a human being and feel good about it in their lives. He finally found some Looney Tune cartoons on to keep him entertained. It was true that he was a big kid indeed; he did child-like things to compensate for the childhood that he couldn’t truly enjoy. It was one of many sacrifices that were made in his life. As he laughed at the roadrunner falling over a cliff, he heard his phone ring, startling him. Few people had this number. His mother would sometimes call him late at night, but he had talked to her earlier. He picked up the phone without looking at the ID.

“Hello, who is this?” he asked. “Hi….” Said a meek female voice. “This is Ja-Jaden. You gave me your number to give you a call and well….I’m giving you a call. If you don’t want me calling again, truly understand.” Michael laughed recognizing his new friend. “Jaden. How are you? And no it’s fine, I’m still awake.” It was her turn to laugh, sounding relieved. “Oh good. I’m doing well…great actually. And you?” “Everything is going good. I’m just getting ready to promote Invincible and do the 30th anniversary concert!” “Invincible is amazing! People are going to be blown away when they hear it.” Jaden declared, sounding more normal which is what he wanted. Michael sighed. “Oh boy, I sure hope so! I just hope everything that is happening with me and Sony doesn’t affect its release.” “Your true fans will buy your album, and trust me, you have billions of them,” Jaden assured him. “Yeah, I hope so,” Michael agreed, starting to feel better. “So what about you? Have you found a deal yet?”

“Yes, I have!” she exclaimed. “I’m signed with Universal Music Group. They told me that a little birdie told them to listen to my demo and they did. They liked what they heard and gave Devin a call to bring me to the studio for a meeting.” Michael secretly smiled to himself; he was glad that the conversation with through well with Charlie and he actually listened. He knew that Devin was taking a demo to the label. “Take one listen at her, and you know she can be a star,” he told him. When he asked him why he was promoting her, he simply said that he was a fan of good music and that was that. He didn’t want to add on that he liked her- that would be tacky and embarrassing.

“Anyway, I hope you don’t mind, I sung a snippet of your song “Speechless” and after that, they signed me. I think you were my good luck charm.” Michael laughed “I don’t know about that. I think you just were yourself at that’s what got you the deal. Congratulations. How do you feel about everything?” “I feel…. I feel like I can do anything now.” She explained. “I mean, working on your album, getting this deal. Everything is falling into place for once in my life.”

“It’s a wonderful thing. You should feel proud of yourself and always stay true to your music,” said Michael. “I made that promise to myself and I plan keeping it,” Jaden assured. The two talked about the music more, agreeing on things of the present music genre. They talked like they had known each other for a long time. Suddenly, Jaden laughed. “What’s so funny?” Michael asked. “Forgive me- I’m watching Tiny Toon Adventures.” Michael snickered.

“What are YOU laughing at?” Jaden asked. “I’m watching Tiny Toon Adventures also.” “I love this show! It’s brilliant” Jaden exclaimed. “Especially when I’m eating a big bowl of Rocky Road ice cream. I’m pretty un-sophisticated for a near 24- year –old, I must say.” Michael continued to snicker, amazed at the fact that he basically was doing the exact same thing as she was. “I’m eating Rocky Road ice cream too. You try doing all of this at nearly 43 years old then see what some people think about you.” Jaden couldn’t help but giggle. It feed into Michael’s snickers and the two laughed for a few moments about their love for juvenile things. “How many Disney movies do you have? I’ve lost count” Michael asked. “Too many,” Jaden confessed. “And, yes I still sleep with a stuffed animal. His name is Christian.”
I can be your stuffed animal beautiful, he found himself thinking. He quickly pushed that thought away, surprised at his semi-dirty thoughts. “I bet you have so much fun with your kids, just playing and stuff. How are they?”

“They’re good. They had a busy day today so it didn’t take much for them to fall asleep. They usually beg to stay up with me.” “Aww how cute. I love kids.” Jaden went on. “I used to volunteer at the recreation center working with them back in Oklahoma.” “Yes children are so inspiring,” Michael agreed. “They don’t want anything from you, just love and attention. Plus they are so honest and fun loving.” “I definitely agree,” Jaden said. “I love how they are so innocent about everything. I sometimes wish they would stay that way.” “Me too. I wish the whole world would,” said Michael. “Maybe soon you could come and meet the children. I think they would like that.” “Sure I would love to! Just let me know when a good time is.” Jaden said.

The two talked some more before finally hanging up around three a.m. It felt refreshing to talk to someone as easy going and who had similar interests as he did. He undeniably had a crush on Jaden, and it was a feeling that he didn’t want to go away.

Chapter 11 by MJ Fan For Life
Author's Notes:


Chapter 11: Collaboration Condensation

Over the next few weeks, Michael and Jaden spoke on the phone with each other almost every night. They talked about how their days went, music, religion, what were their fears, and what made them happy. Most of the time, they ended up making each other laugh, as they acted like two teenagers. Jaden felt the most at ease with Michael than with any other man in her life. She found it strange, yet appeasing how she was becoming such close friends with the King of Pop. Michael also felt the same way. He felt free telling Jaden almost anything that came into his mind. He felt that he could trust her with whatever he said to her and it would be kept safe.

While Michael prepared for his upcoming 30th anniversary concert, Jaden had become very busy herself working with UMG. Devin on the other hand, gave Sony his two weeks’ notice that he was out of there as soon as Michael’s CD was released. Tommy Mottola was not a happy camper about it, of course. Jaden and Devin had a meeting with the label, signing the contract and going over what she would be doing to promote herself. Charlie Kline wanted to make her a top priority with UMG; he knew she had talents and the beauty to make his company money. The marketing staff had in mind that she should work with a few artists on the label by doing a collaboration to introduce her to the listening audience. If and when she had gained sufficient notoriety, she would be able to work on her solo debut album.

For her first debut single, UMG teamed her up with one of their top selling rap artist Shawty Q. They decided that she would be a perfect fit for a hip-hop single that Shawty Q was coming out with. The title single, “ Off my mind” was set to be released soon and Jaden was sent into the studio to sing her parts for the song; Shawty Q was set to do his vocals later on. Although the beat wasn’t to her liking, she made the best of it and sung the bridge and chorus with every just the right amount of spunk and style. Devin made sure it was to the liking of Shawty Q and the producers before they set out to do a music video.

Meanwhile a few days were closing in on Michael’s concert. He flew to New York to meet his brothers to prepare for the upcoming event. There would be him and his five brothers onstage; then he would perform his own singles alone. Although it was fun to be able to share the limelight with his brothers again, he was a nervous wreck. Always the perfectionist, he wanted his act to be one of the best shows that anyone would pay to see. By the time it was the night before the concert, Michael had a headache. He had dealt with the choreography, the music, the directors, and making sure his brothers all were well involved; he was completely worn out. When he got back to his hotel, he called his children to make sure they were okay. He was beginning to miss them dearly now that he was a dad. He oddly missed hearing a certain person’s voice also. He hadn’t talked to Jade in a week, and he missed talking to with her. In a way she was kind of therapeutic to him because she was there to listen. He decided to give her a call.

After a few rings, Jaden picked up the phone. “Hey Michael!!” she said genuinely happy. Jaden too was just thinking about him and wanting to give him a call. He no longer was her idol in her eyes, but a human. “I was just thinking about you.” “Really?” Michael smiled. “Yeah. I wanted to know how everything is going for you. You know, with the concert and everything.” Jaden continued. Michael sighed. “It’s going good. It’s a lot of hard work though, especially working with my brothers. Randy can be a pain sometimes. He wants to add in his own ad-libs while we sing ABC.” “What kind of ad-libs does he want to say?” Jaden asked. “I don’t know something like OPP. I told him that wouldn’t be the most appropriate thing to say to a mixed audience but I’m sure he will end up saying it anyway knowing him.”

“OPP? Does he know what that stands for?” Jaden asked. Michael couldn’t help but laugh along with Jaden; she seemed to know how to help him find humor in his life. “I’m sure he does. Oh God.” “Anyway, I think everything is pretty much set. I’m sorta excited to get back onstage, I haven’t done it in a couple of years.” “Just imagine Michael. Tomorrow, all of your fans, your family, your friends will be there to see you perform! That has to be the most incredible feeling.” Jaden said. “It is, it is,” Michael answered. “But, I’m still nervous. I’m always nervous before I do a concert.” “You’ll do fine,” Jaden encouraged him. “I wish I could be there.”

“I wish you could too.” Michael admitted. The contract Jaden had with Michael ended immediately after she signed with UMG, prohibiting her from doing the concert. Michael didn’t care for his new replacement backup singer because her talent couldn’t compare to Jaden. “Speaking of you, how is everything going with your promotion?” “Everything is so far, so good.” Jaden answered. “I’ve just finished doing the vocals to a single that I am featured on with this rapper named Shawty Q.” she emphasized his name in a “ghetto accent” which made Michael laugh. “I’ve met him already. He seems to be an arrogant jerk to say the least,” Jaden reported. “We start shooting for the music video tomorrow. I’m so nervous!”

“You can’t be nervous.” Michael told her. “You’ll do great. You’re outgoing. Just put some of your personality into it. You already have the talent.” After a pause, Jaden agreed. “Yeah, you’re right I guess. Thanks. Devin doesn’t seem to have the time to give me pep talks. I think he forgets that I am in the industry for the first time.” “Listen, let’s make sure we both let go of our fears tomorrow and give our best. Me at my concert and you at the music video.” Michael declared. “Okay. If you’ve done it all of these years, then I can do it” Jaden agreed. “All of these years?!” Michael joked. “You make me sound ancient!” “Hardly. I’m sure tomorrow you will be dancing circles around Usher and Justin Timberlake.” Jaden declared. Michael smiled. “We’ll see, Jade” “Did you just call me Jade?” she asked. “Yes. I think that should be your stage name as a matter of fact.” Jade thought about it for a moment. “Interesting… I like it. Jade. I like it a lot. I think I’ll use it” After a few more minutes the two hung up, each feeling better about the days ahead of them.

Back in California the next day, Jaden had received a e- card from Michael. It had flowers and the message read “Do well, dream big. Love Michael.” Love! It says Love!!!! Jaden thought to herself. Sure Michael LOVED his fans, but the way he seemed to write love to her seemed like he had love for her. She immediately sent a message back saying “Just call my name and I’ll be there. Give the audience a Michael Jackson performance. Show everyone how it’s done! . Love Jade.

As Devin drove her to the location of the shoot, he looked over and saw Jaden smiling really big. “What’s so funny?” he asked. Before she could answer, he snatched the phone away from her and glared at her messages. “Devin, give that back RIGHT now!” Jaden demanded as she tried to get her phone from him. “Do well, dream big. Love….Michael??” He looked at Jaden with a puzzled expression. He figured that Michael found Jaden attractive while they were working on Invincible in the studio. He even caught the two of them exchanging flirty glances.

However, he didn’t think the two of them would still be communicating. He felt a bit of jealousy rise inside. Although he didn’t want to necessarily date her, he didn’t want anyone else to talk to her. He felt threatened that the King of Pop could take his place in some weird way. “How long have you been writing each other?” he asked. “Devin, give me my phone!” Jaden yelled. He gave it back to her. “So….are you gonna answer the question?” Jaden sighed. “If you really must know, we’re friends. We write and talk to each other, that’s all.” “That better be all.” Devin declared. “You can’t date ANYONE right now, not even him. You have to focus on your career. It’s hard to have a relationship with one of the world’s most famous people anyway” He hoped that would put an end all to be all to the situation. So I guess that means he can never find love because he’s famous? Jaden sighed. “Yes father,” she sarcastically said, disregarding his opinion before changing the subject “And from now on, I will be known as simply Jade.” “Nice. I like it” Devin deadpanned as they pulled up to the beach where the music video would be filmed. “Now I need JADE to go out there and give her all on her first promotional video.” Not even Devin’s bad attitude could ruin her energy as, Jaden pulled her sunglasses over her face. “Don’t worry dahling. I will do well AND dream big.” She said with a smirk.

Chapter 12 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 12: Something New

Needless to say, the 30th Anniversary Concert went exceptionally well. Michael enjoyed seeing all of her fans, friends, and family in attendance. Both nights the crowds went wild as he and his brothers took the stage to perform and they were in mayhem when he performed his solo songs. Everything went even better than he expected, and he kept to his word about pushing his worried aside.

A few months went by as the two were each busy tailoring their careers. The music video went well for Jaden. The only thing she would complain about was rapper Shawty Q’s Superego, unintelligent dialect, and his unsubtle way of flirting with her between takes. The crew dressed her well and played up her naturally beautiful features. They got beautiful shots of her simply walking down the beach; however, she showed them her moves. From there she went into the studio to quickly make her solo debut album.

They used mainly pop and R&B ballads and up tempo tracks, with Jaden writing mainly all of the songs. Afterwards, she was whisked to make another music video for her first debut single “You’re Just a Daydream” from her debut album titled “Daydreaming Jade”. The two singles both made a rise in radios everywhere and both singles immediately climbed to the top of the charts. It seemed that they audience loved her voice, presence, and personality. Jaden had to practically pinch herself every time she heard her song on the radio. The first time she heard it, she ran around her house, calling everyone she knew (except her mother). She was given more money, a personal stylist, and a company car. Stardom was quickly swallowing her up.

As for Michael, he was quite busy making the “You Rock My World” video with his good friend Chris Tucker. He also did a little self-promotion, doing an appearance on MTV and a rare fan autograph signing with Virgin Megastore. His album, Invincible debuted at number one all over the world; yet he would hear reviews saying that it would not top his previous hits. Furthermore, his relationship with Tommy Mottola soured further. He had ordered Sony to scrap any promotion for his album, including tours or any further music videos. Michael had enough with “The Devil”. He planned on rallying against him as soon as he left Sony for good. Even with those things on his plate, he tried to sit back and enjoy everything that God have him. He appreciated the fact that he still could make number one records after all of the years he had been in the music industry and was still considered an iconic figure with great stage performance.

One day, Michael, Prince and Paris hung around the Neverland house on a (thankfully) lazy Saturday. He had given the nanny Grace the day off and allowed the children to watch television. They settled in on watching music videos. “Daddy, you’re on TV!” Prince excitedly stated. “Can we watch daddy?” Paris asked. “Of course sweetie, of course,” Michael permitted, proud that his children were getting old enough to understand and appreciate his career. The “You Rock My World” video was on and the three of them settled in to watch the 12 minute long video. Michael smiled; he had fun working with Chris Tucker and Marlon Brando. When it was finished, Prince said “I wanna do what you just did Daddy,” the cute little boy got up and did his best imitation of his famous father’s dance moves. “Me too! I wanna do it too,” Paris put her hands on her little hips. Michael laughed. “You both can do it. Here, I’ll show you some moves.” He showed his children some simple moves which they had fun with until they laughed themselves into oblivion. Michael loved spending time with his children; they were the joy that his life had sorely lacked once before and no one would take them away from him.

After they settled down, Jaden’s video appeared. Michael immediately sat up and smiled. She looks amazing he thought. Her video was simple yet artistic and creative. He realized that he had not talked to Jade in awhile and wanted to see her. “I like this song daddy!” Paris exclaimed. She sang along with the infectious lyrics while Prince danced along to the catchy beat. “I like her too.. I mean…. the song too princess” Michael responded. He decided to give her a call after giving the children some cereal. Jaden picked up after the first ring. “I’ve missed you!” she greeted him. “I’ve missed you too.” He said. “You’ve become quite a hit. Paris was just singing your song while Prince danced too it.” Jaden went into a fit of giggles. “I wish I could see their darling faces! Congratulations on your number one album. I told you it would be a hit!” “Oh boy. I’m just enjoying at all, even when people like Mottola don’t want to see me succeed.” “Forget him” Jaden said.

“I see that you’re doing well yourself. You have two number one singles? I told you that you would make it.” “Michael, I don’t know what to say about everything. It’s crazy. People love MY music. I performed last night and it was amazing. I now somewhat see how you feel when you go onstage to perform. It’s unexplainable. “That’s exactly how I feel every time I go onstage,” Michael said. “That’s what being a performer is all about, going out there and giving your all to the fans. Just be prepared for the media. They can be sharks.” “You’re right. I’ll be careful,” Jaden nodded. She didn’t know exactly what she was in for, but she knew she had to gather her smarts before she would be seen more in the limelight.

“What are you doing today?” Michael interrupted her thoughts. “Um…. Nothing really, I’m just gonna stop by the studio for a couple of hours but that’s it.” “Would you like to come over? I’m at Neverland. The kids and I are taking it easy today” he asked shyly. Would I? Do you need to ask? Jaden thought to herself. “Sure. I’d love to!” she exclaimed. It was an hour and a half drive from where she lived by the time she got directions. When they hung up, Michael began to get a bit nervous. After all, he didn’t get female company very often. I hope nothing goes wrong, he thought to himself.

 

Chapter 13 by MJ Fan For Life
Chapter 13: Speechless

A few hours passed by and Jaden found her way to Neverland. When she saw the huge place, her mouth dropped. Everything imaginable seemed to be waiting for her; all sorts of rides, a zoo, concession stands. This was the place to let your inhibition out. She got up and walked up to the mansion, looking around at amazement. It was a huge beautiful, enchanted place. She could see how anyone would attach themselves there. She rang the doorbell, smiling as heard an enchanted tune. She checked her reflection in one of the mirrors. I hope I’m not too underdressed, she thought as she wore a pair of jeans, form fitting blouse and sneakers. Although it was all name brand, she didn’t quite fit the kind of attire that a star would wear. She wasn’t quite on that level of style yet.

Michael finally answered. He looked demure and good looking in a purple fitting bodysuit (the one he wore at the autograph signing). “Jade! So good to see you,” he told her. “Great to see you too!” she said as the two embraced each other. Michael held on to Jaden extra long, taking in her fresh scent. He was glad to finally see her again. Jaden didn’t mind one bit being in his arms. When they finally let go, they smiled at each other. “You look beautiful,” Michael blurted out, embarrassed he just said that. “Really? Jaden asked, surprised. “Yeah you do,” Michael nodded, clearing his throat.

“Come in. I want to show you the house.” The two went inside, and Michael showed her the entire house filled with paintings, games, and artifacts; every room was more amazing than the next. When they had finally stopped at the game room, Paris and Prince were quietly playing a game of Connect Four. “These are my angels, Paris and Prince.” Michael introduced them to her.”They’re beautiful,” she told him. Jaden kneeled down beside the two children. “Hi you guys,” she said. “Mind if I watch?” The two children gave her a questioning look. Their dad told them company was coming, yet they didn’t know whether to trust her. They looked at Michael. “It’s okay kids, Jaden is our friend.” He told them. “Daddy, she looks like the girl in the video,” Paris said. Michael and Jaden laughed “I’m her,” Jaden claimed herself. “We like your songs,” Prince politely added. “Why thanks!” Jaden said, fully appreciative of her apparently growing fan base.

“So may we watch?” Michael asked. “Well…okay” Prince said. Michael and Jade laughed as they sat down to watch the children play. Soon after, Michael and Jaden got into their own game of connect four and challenged each other in each round. Next the foursome went out into the amusement park and they all rode on some of the rides and ate cotton candy. Jaden had a blast letting go of her inhibitions and enjoying being a kid and Michael enjoyed himself more with his female company. After they tired themselves in the amusement park, Michael had his cook make a few pizzas and they all chowed down on the delectable dish. Finally they all winded up back in the movie room where they watched “A Goofy Movie” until Paris and Prince tired themselves into sleep. Jaden helped Michael put the children into their beds and tuck them in. As they watched them sleeping, the two children had a fond place in Jaden’s heart. They were such sweet kids, and she wanted them to always have good in their lives.

Michael and Jaden went downstairs, finally left alone. They went back into the movie room. “They’re such sweet kids Michael,” Jaden told him. “I see why you can’t be away from them too long.” Michael smiled. “They are my everything. I love them more than anything.” “You guys seem like such a family,” she went on. “I never got to have that closeness…well with parents at least. I’ve always wanted that.” Michael sat down. “Well I didn’t have any closeness with my father as EVERYONE by now knows.” Jaden scowled at the thought of his father doing all of the horrible things to him and his brothers. I guess all the glimmers, really isnt all Gold she thought.

“But I don’t wanna talk about that right now.” Michael quickly interrupted her,not wanting to feel the pain. “It’s fine, let’s talk about something else,” Jaden quickly suggested as she picked up her can of soda. She could feel the anger rise from him. “Tell me…do you ever feel lonely?” Michael asked. His beautiful doe brown eyes had a faraway look in them. Jade swallowed her soda. “Yeah….I do sometimes. Just coming from a family, you know, that wasn’t really a family….I would sit around and cry when I was a child. Then I learned how to stop crying around a certain age because my mother always told us crying was a sign of weakness.” Michael looked at her and took her hand. “I cry sometimes, about different things. Do you think I am weak?” Jaden gave him a surprised look. “ No. I think you are the strongest person I’ve ever known. Just because you cry doesn’t make you a weak person. I’ve learned that it makes us human.”

At that moment, Michael was scared at how close he felt to Jaden right then and there. “I’m lonely sometimes I’ve always have been… the children fulfill me now mostly.” “I know we haven’t known each other that long, but I never had anyone I could talk to about anything. Someone who makes me laugh and be carefree. Until I met you.”

Jaden was taken aback by his words. She felt the same way. “It’s funny; usually it’s hard to get my feelings out there. I feel what you feel. I’ve never had anyone who understood me. Until I met you too.” The two locked eyes, embracing this foreign area called vulnerability. Jaden looked away, overwhelmed by the unfamiliar feeling of desire and love. She dated men in her past, but never did she care about them in the way she felt at that point. She eyed a piano at the room across. She cleared her throat. “Do you play the piano?” she asked. Michael eyed the white grand piano. “Yeah, I play a little bit. I picked up some notes over the years. You wanna see?”

Jaden nodded as the two got up and went into the music room where the piano was. Michael sat down and began to play a simple, yet beautiful tune. “This is something I’ve learned over the years,” he explained. Jaden began to hum along with his playing. Soon she found herself sitting down next to him on the piano bench admiring his hands stroking the keyboard. She couldn’t help the fact that her golden eyes ended back up looking into his beautiful brown eyes.

And Michael couldn’t help whatever was taking over him. His hands touched her beautiful face. She was so exotic looking, like a beautiful fruit. He found his fingers tracing the lining of her full lips, just like he liked them. He didn’t waste another minute as he moved in and gave Jaden a lingering peck on her lips. That was just a tease for them.

Jaden wasted no time and wrapped her arms around him. She initiated the kiss the time, passionately kissing his soft lips. Michael gave in and the two enjoyed quenching their desires of one another. Suddenly, Michael stopped and looked at her. “What do you think about seeing people….and them being older?” Jaden smiled. “I think it’s up to that individual and for me, age is simply a number and not a state of being.” Michael smiled back, glad to know she understood he was talking about the two of them. He grabbed her and continued to kiss her with unbridled passion. Jaden felt a slight moan escape her, overwhelmed by the passion he was giving her. The King of Pop did wonders to her mouth with his soft lips and tongue. They continued “making out” for a while by the piano, until her arm hit a loud key startling them out of their session and making them laugh.

Unsure of what to say, Jaden looked at the time. “It’s almost eleven thirty. I’d better leave.” Michael shook his head. “I think it’s too late for you to leave. You should spend the night here.” “Really? You don’t have a problem with that?” Jaden asked. “Why would I? This place has a bunch of rooms!” Michael assured her “And honestly, I don’t want my baby to leave yet.” He gave Jaden another passionate kiss. That was all the convincing she needed.
For the rest of the night, the two watched a movie, stealing kisses in between until fell asleep in Michael’s safe arms. There were no expectations. No demands. No speculation. Just the special bond that they shared. It was all they needed.
Chapter 14 by MJ Fan For Life

 

Chapter 14: Never Forget You

“You stupid fool; you nearly burnt the house down!” Jaime Ross yelled at her eleven -year -old daughter Jaden. The beautiful young girl with a head full of sun-kissed brown curls peered around the living area from where she was hiding. “I’m sorry mama,” the young girl heard her own voice quivering. “Me, Justin, and Josh were really hungry. S- so I tried to make us something to eat since you said you weren’t gonna be back anytime soon.” Jaime turned away from cleaning up the burned debris from the chicken Jaden attempted to cook and gave her a disgusted look. “Something to eat?!” she scornfully spat out. “You kids eat too damn much! You should know to make a peanut butter sandwich!!!”

“But mama, there wasn’t any peanut butter or nothing. There was only a chicken. That’s why Jadie tried to make us food.” Jaden’s twelve-year-old brother Justin said. He didn’t want their mother to fully blame the incident on Jaden. She had attempted to make fried chicken while helping him and Joshua with their homework. Time had flown by and before she could remember the hot contents on the stove, it was too late. Smoke evolved from everywhere in the kitchen. Thankfully, she remembered in science class to always put out a grease fire with flour. The fire died down, but by the time Jaime arrived back from another night of binge drinking, the lingering smoke caused mild smoke damage to the kitchen.

“You shut up, you!” Jaime yelled at Justin. She already felt the guilt flood her once again. After all, what kind of mother would go out during the week to drink without AT LEAST leaving her children something to eat? She was young and wasn’t a perfect person and her children were all she essentially had in her life. But years of resentment on her ex- husband Leroy had made her take her bitterness out on her children. Being condescending and rude were the only ways she could display her “love” for them. Her golden eyes moved back toward Jaden’s matching eyes and immediately she felt anger again. Her anger was far more felt than the accident that had just happened. Her daughter was beautiful, had good manners, was incredibly smart (she almost always got straight As), and incredibly talented. She heard her controlled, sound voice singing multiple times. It scared her how breathtaking she sounded at such a young age. She knew Jaden would succeed and go places in her life, but she dared not tell her this. In a nutshell, Jaden was everything that she never was or never lived up to be; for that, she was very jealous of her.

She pointed her finger at her, glad to have something to torment her about. “You are a stupid little *****!” she spat out at her. “What idiot would leave the stove with a bunch of fried chicken cooking? Huh? We would be homeless all because of you!”

Jaden bit her lip to keep from crying. She knew if she cried, she would get it even worse, by either a spanking or more verbal abuse. She turned to look at her brothers who could only give her sympathetic looks. The two of them didn’t understand why she always got it the worst, when she was the only girl and not even the eldest. “I-I’m sorry mama,” she mustered up to say. “We were doing homework, and I didn’t pay attention. I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.” Jaime scuffled pushing away any sadness she felt as her daughter gave her a pitiful look. “I don’t want to hear it!” she yelled. She threw the dish towel she was holding to clean and walked toward Jaden. Jaden began to shake and took a few steps back as she saw her drunken mother walk haphazardly toward her. “Come here!!!!” Jaime yelled as she grabbed Jaden by her hair.

“Owww, it hurts!” Jaden yelled, fighting back tears. “Shut the **** up, I don’t care!!!” Jaime yelled. “You’re never gonna leave ANYTHING unattended again, are you?” She pulled her hair tighter, causing Jaden to whimper. “ARE YOU???” she asked. “Nooooo…..I won’t, I won’t!” Jaden cried. She wanted the pain to end, both physically and emotionally. Jaime finally let go of her hair and pushed the little girl out of the way. “I’m going to take care of some business,” she said. The children clearly knew that “taking care of business” was going out for more drinks.

She came back and stood face to face with Jaden. The young girl could smell her foul, alcoholic breath. “I want this ENTIRE kitchen clean before I get back and I want it spotless! If you don’t, YOU won’t have a place to stay. Do I make myself clear?” Jaden swallowed and nodded, scared for her well being. “Yes….” She whispered. Jaime gave her an evil smirk, feeling an accomplishment in “loving” her daughter well enough. She left, slamming the door to the small house. Once she left, Jaden let her tears out as she continued to shake. Her brothers sandwiched her, not knowing what to say or do. It was typical of their mother to go off like that, but she had never threatened to kick Jaden out. “We will help you clean everything,” eight-year-old Joshua offered. “Don’t let that woman’s words hurt you sis,” Justin finally said. “You’re not any of those things she called you.”Jaden looked at her brothers with a feeling of pain and love. “She won’t hurt us one day,” she finally spoke up. “When I make it…when I become someone….she won’t be able to hurt us again…….”


Jaden woke up instantly, slightly shivering. She had broken out into a cold sweat and her breathing was labored. She looked around the room to remind herself where she was again; it was 3 a.m. She had spent another night at Neverland with Michael and the children. The two of them fell asleep together on a couch in the movie room. Jaden didn’t even remember falling asleep; she only remembered watching something on television and talking to Michael.

She sat up, rubbing her arms to keep her warm. It didn’t take her long to realize that she just had another one of her recurring nightmares. It seemed that her tormented childhood seemed to haunt her, no matter how hard she tried to put it behind her. Her mother’s abuse still haunted her to the present day. She didn’t want to hate her mother; but she couldn’t love someone who had hurt her so deeply in her young life. It was because of her that Jaden would wake up at night from having a nightmare about her mother causing her pain and sorrow in her childhood.

Michael awoke when he felt Jaden sit up from the couch. He opened his eyes and wondered why she sat there rubbing her arms all of a sudden. Was it something I did or said? He thought to himself. Maybe I’m moving too fast. Maybe she doesn’t feel right laying next to me yet. “Are you okay baby?” he asked, raising his body up. Jaden gasped and turned around, not expecting him to be awake. “Oh. I’m fine.” Jaden tried to smile. She felt bad for waking him up and didn’t want him to be worried about her. “You can go back to sleep. I’ll lie down soon.”

Michael didn’t buy her smile. He had gotten to know her well enough to know when she was putting up a front. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “You look tense, and you are shivering. What did you dream about?” Jaden gave him a surprised look as Michael wrapped a blanket around the two of them. “Can you tell I just had a bad dream?” she asked. “Well I’ve had a share of some not so good dreams, so I sorta know how a person is after they have had one.” Michael replied. Jaden sat in silence, not knowing what else to do. Michael turned Jaden’s face towards him and looked her in the eyes. “You know whatever you say stays between the two of us,” he assured her. “You can tell me anything. Did you dream about your past?” Jaden looked down. She realized that her new man knew her so well so soon that it was scary.

“Yes,” she whispered as a couple of tears slid down her face. Michael noticed and wrapped his long arms around his young girlfriend. “It’s okay baby, it’s alright.” He comforted her as he gave her some tissues.
“Just let it out. I know you have been holding a lot in for a long time.” As Jaden finally cried into Michael’s chest, she knew that she had been keeping the pain to herself for far too long. Writing music had been her only way of dealing with the emotional scars, but she knew she had to confront it sometime in her life. After a few minutes, Jaden’s sobs subsided. “I try not to hate her Michael,” she began. “But I feel like she hated me first.” Michael immediately felt her pain and wanted to tear up himself. He knew she was talking about her mother’s abuse. He knew how she felt because he used to get nightmares about some things that were done to him by his father as a celebrity child. “I know Jade. God I know.” He said. “It’s because of her that I can only go a few days without having a nightmare about what she did to me as a child!” Jaden yelped. “I felt like she never loved me. She never believed in me It was like she never wanted me there. She would hurt me in so many ways… she had a personal vendetta against me.”

“I know you’re hurting still,” Michael told her. “It may take a lifetime to get over what has happened to you. But you’ve gotta learn how to forgive and forget. Maybe you should talk to her, let her know how you feel. Then you can move on with your life.” Jaden closed her eyes and leaned her head against his chest. “I-I don’t know how to talk to her,” she admitted. “It’s hard, I’m not even going to lie,” he told her. “But it’s the best thing you can do for yourself. I had to do it with Joseph. I’m not completely over it, but it took a burden off my shoulders.” Jaden sighed. She knew he was right. “I don’t know baby,” she said. “I just wanna focus on my music career right now. I know I will have to talk to her soon though.” Michael nodded as her stroked her hair. He didn’t want to force the issue. Everyone had to come to terms with their demons somehow. It took him a long time to have a deep conversation with Joseph. She’s an intelligent woman; she will make the move when it is right he thought.

Being held by her new boyfriend, the King of Pop and finally talking about her issues made Jaden feel better about her situation. She looked up and gave Michael a genuine smile. “Thank you for listening. You made me feel so much better.” Michael smiled back, glad to have helped the situation. “Anytime you need me, I’ll be here for you. Even if that means that I have to charge you for my services.” Jaden giggled as she reached for a couch pillow and playfully hit him with it. Michael laughed as he kissed her lips softly and pulled her close to him. He cut on the television and they found something to watch. He loved having her around and hoped he gave her as much joy as she had given him.

Indeed he did and Jaden felt herself falling deeply in love with him….

Chapter 15 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 15: Business' Best Kept Secret
*A month later*

“Water balloon fight!!!!”, Prince yelped out. Jaden hid in one of the trees outside Neverland, glad to have a nice break for the day. It had been an intense, unforgettable month for her young career. Her two singles were at the top of the charts and people were beginning to take interest in her. It had been a long time since anyone heard such a beautiful commanding voice and entertaining dance moves come from such a beautiful young woman. Her popularity seemed to climb over night-literally. She would wake up to messages from Devin saying that she had an interview with MTV or a mini-concert for a radio station. It seemed as if everyone was ready for her debut album to drop, which was due out in a week.

Along with her growing popularity, there was the major fame. She began to discover that the paparazzi were very sneaky about how they took pictures. She discovered in a magazine that they took a picture of her going into a convenience store; she unknowingly knew about them being there. In addition to that, she recently had two photo shoots with a magazine. Jaden was a bit star struck herself as she was waited on for all of her accessories, clothes and whatever she needed. It was a luxury that she definitely was not used to. Her schedule began to be so hectic, that Devin insisted that she got an assistant. Jaden agreed….only if her good old pal Cassie could do it. She knew Cassie on a personal level which helped her feel at ease. She also knew that Cassie needed money and a job. She was a very organized and calm person, which were all things Jaden knew she needed.

Throughout this newfound madness, Jaden felt more and more of a need to be near or around Michael. If anyone knew about being famous, it surely was him. She made sure to call him every single day, to tell him what made her excited and what puzzled her and what made her afraid. As for Michael, he tried to be there for her us much as possible, letting her know the inside scoop of what the media could and would do to her growing popularity.

Although he was extremely happy for his girlfriend’s budding career, he also began to worry. He knew that sometime soon the media would pry into her private life harder and they would find out the two of them were dating. It wasn’t as if he was ashamed of being with Jaden. He was far from it. He really loved her spirituality; her sense of humor, her personality…the list could go on and on. However, he know how the media could be. They would look at the two of them and question the 20 year age difference. Then they could say nasty, hurtful things such as “she is only dating him to heighten her career”.

One night on the phone, Jaden admitted that she was thinking his exact thoughts. “Michael, what happens if they find out we are seeing each other? I’m afraid that they’ll think I’m using you or something.” Michael cleared his throat, not exactly sure of what to say. “I don’t know. I honestly don’t know” he said. “The media…they’re sharks baby.” “I don’t care what they say. We know the truth and that’s all that should matter” Jaden declared. “You’re right.” Michael agreed. “But…it’s not gonna be easy Jade, I’m telling you. We live in a world where people judge you for anything you do in your life. It’s ten times worse when you are famous. I want us to be together so bad. But if you don’t think you can handle anything that people throw at you now, then I don’t want to put you through any of it. Especially on my account.” Jaden subconsciously shook her head. There was no way she would break up with Michael. For the first time in her life, she was beginning to feel what true love is really like. She didn’t want anything, not even fame and fortune to come between that.

“Michael, I could never leave you.” Jaden told him. “You mean so much to me…and I love the kids.” “If I have to deal with the media, then I’ll have to deal with the media.” Michael smiled inside; it felt nice to know that he had someone who would be by his side through anything. He believed she would be there. “On the other hand, if we are good with our timing and everything….it could be a long time until they find out anything. Don’t you think?” Jaden went on. Michael laughed. “Possibly. If we do things right.” Jaden also laughed. “When I’m with you, I only wanna be with you and only you. No crowds, no publics. Just us. Maybe it will make it that much harder for them to find out anything.” Michael smiled. “I think you’re right. If we actually keep our business, OUR business, we could get away with it.”

The two agreed to make their relationship a secret as long as possible. It took Jaden a lot to make the getaway trip to see Michael and Paris and Prince for a whole day, but she did it in manner that wasn't suspicious. She didn’t think it raised Devin’s eyebrows enough to wonder about her.

Besides that, Jaden was glad to see Michael and to hang out with the children. As soon as she got there, Jaden spent her time having a water balloon fight with Michael, Paris, Prince and a few children-one of them who was in remission from cancer. Being the kindhearted person he was, Michael opened up his home to the three siblings after hearing their heartbreaking story. The three kids hung around Neverland from time to time having access to whatever they wanted. Jaden didn’t mind at all that Michael befriended children; she too thought the same way about how wonderful they were. She completely understood and admired his generosity.

Jaden squealed, as she was hit with a parade of balloons from her opposing team. In revenge, she grabbed a few and began to hit Prince, Michael, and one of the children. “Get them sweetie, don’t let the attack you!” she encouraged her teammate, Paris. The little girl ran toward Michael and threw a balloon in his face. “How are you gonna get daddy like that? Now I’m all wet!” he joked. Paris giggled. “Because daddy, you’re the bad team and me and Jade are the good team!” Michael picked Paris up and swung her back and forth. Prince jumped on them and the three of them fell on the grass, laughing all of the way down. The other children jumped in and a water balloon fight started among one another. Jaden stood back, taking pictures. She could barely keep the focus on her camera straight because she was laughing so hard. “I haven’t had this much fun in a long time; this is the childhood I wish I could have had more of,” she thought to herself. “Michael is so good with kids. No wonder he feels more at ease when he is here.” Suddenly, Michael interrupted her thoughts by hitting her behind with a balloon. She turned around and discovered her main suspect standing with his arms crossed and giving her his signature eyebrow raise. Jaden wasted no time going after him with a balloon of her own.

Chapter 16 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 16: Break of Dawn


After the water balloon fight ended, the group spent the rest of the day playing with the animals and had dinner. Afterwards, Jaden suggested that they make S’mores as they watched a movie. Then finally, the three children went home and Jaden helped Michael bathe and put Paris and Prince to bed. “And they all lived happily ever after. The end.” Michael read aloud to them. Jaden gave them both a hug before she left the room. “Goodnight you two. Sleep tight!” “G’nite Jade,” Prince said with a yawn. “Mmm hmm…” Paris could barely get out her words. As Michael gave the two of them a kiss, Paris woke up slightly. “We like her daddy.” She whispered in his ear. Prince nodded. “Yeah, she’s fun,” he agreed. Michael nodded and smiled. His conclusions about Jaden being the real deal were confirmed; he always believed that children were always the most honest people. His children had given him the green light. “I like her too. A lot.” He told them. “Now get some sleep.”

Michael came downstairs into the living area, and smiled as he looked at Jaden writing lyrics with her guitar. As much as he liked spending time with his children, he loved having time with Jaden alone. He had to admit that he hadn’t had feelings for a woman this deep since he was with Lisa Marie. It was kind of scary…but it was a welcomed scary. It was nice for him to give and receive love from someone real. “Are you writing a new song?” he asked as Jaden looked up. “Yeah. I got really inspired to write a happy, inspirational song. I don’t get those certain vibes to write something uplifting very often. Now I do.” She turned and gave Michael a peck on the lips. “And you know why?” Michael smiled. “Why?” “Because you make me happy.” She told him.

“You make me happy too,” Michael said. He leaned in to kiss her, but Jaden teasingly pulled back. “You think I’m going to let you kiss me after attacking me with all those balloons today?” she joked. Michael laughed, not expected to be rejected like that. “You’re not being fair,” Jaden grabbed a pillow and hit him with it; she loved being such a tease for him. Michael playfully grabbed the pillow from her and they began to wrestle with it until they fell on the floor, laughing. Somehow Michael rolled over and found himself on top of Jaden, looking into her beautiful golden eyes. The playful energy suddenly turned him on in a way he hadn’t been turned on in a long time. His hands found their way to her waist and he began to kiss her in a way that he probably hadn’t kissed any woman before. He wanted Jaden to feel his vibe, read where he was coming from, and where he wanted to go to.

This startled Jaden for a second, but she it quickly disappeared once Michael’s sensual lips touched hers. She felt desires rush through her. Desires that she never thought she could have about another person. It was exciting, like she was on a big roller coaster about to go down. As for Michael his mindset was like his song: “Don’t stop ‘til you get enough”. He let “Good Michael” leave temporarily and allowed “Naughty Michael” to make his rare appearance. His lips left hers for a moment and he allowed them to explore her body. As he kissed her neck, Jaden helped him unbutton her shirt, exposing to him her lovely Victoria’s Secret bra. Next went her shoes, and then….her jeans. Michael stopped what he was doing for a moment to look at her beautiful body. Usually shy about these sort of things, he enjoyed looking at her and was relishing every minute of it. The same could be said about Jaden. She felt liberated in his eyes. “You’re so beautiful Jade,” he breathed, his voice noticeably a few octaves lower. That’s when he knew it was right because his voice always got deeper when he was horny.

Jaden smiled as she pulled Michael close. She pushed him on the floor and got on top. She unbuttoned his red dress shirt seductively one by one by one…until she got his nice bare chest. She bit her full lips as her hands slowly moved down his chest into his pants where she helped unbuckle those also. It exposed his grey Fruit of the Loom boxers. From what she could make out, he was a (big) surprise and was (excited) to see her. “Is this really happening?” she thought in a daze. “Am I about to make love to my boyfriend, Michael Jackson?” Michael ran his hands over her body, anticipating being with the person he had fell in love with. “I want to share this passion, to give my all and show her how much she means to me” he thought.

“I love you baby and I want to make love to you so bad,” he told her. Jaden breathed out for the first time, feeling vulnerable. Nothing mattered at that moment more than to give herself to him. Not just her body, but her mind, her heart and her trust. “I love you too Michael.” She breathed. “I trust you and I need you to be inside of me more than anything else tonight.”

And with that, no more words were said. They proceeded to make love in front of the fireplace, then moved their performance up to Michael’s room and made love until the break of dawn. It was natural. It was right. It was emotional. It was real.

Chapter 17 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 17: Scared of the moon

When Michael and Jaden woke up the next day, it was almost noon. It was obvious that they had lost track of time from their late night/ early morning love sessions. Jaden opened her eyes and smiled as she traced her finger along Michael’s chiseled face. The night she had was amazing; she couldn’t even remember the number of times he’d made her come. Jaden had only had two partners before, none of which she had truly loved. None of them had ever made love to her as compassionate and loving as Michael did. Their bodies connected as if they were made for one another. Each time Michael entered his long length inside her in different positions, it felt just as amazing as the time before. All she could do was gasp and moan. He looked into her eyes and whispered things in her ear such as “Are you ok?” “Am I making you feel good?” and “You’re so beautiful Jade….. You feel amazing. I love you so much!” Jade had never felt so attended to, so loved and so physically and emotionally good all at the same time.

Michael opened his eyes as he felt Jaden touching his face. He smiled as he too enjoyed her as much as she enjoyed him. He hadn’t let himself become liberated enough to let his ambitions go with a woman before in such a long time. It could have been scary and even uncomfortable for him to start being intimate again, but it was the complete opposite with Jaden. Every second he spent with her was amazing and he remembered how amazing sex could be when he was with someone he truly loved.

“Hey love,” Michael greeted her. “Did you sleep well?” Jaden kissed his neck and looked at him. “I had some of the best sleep in a long time. What about you?” Michael sighed contently. “I haven’t had such a deep sleep in a long time,” he admitted. Jaden giggled. “I think that’s what happens when we both have a couple of good orgasms…it did our bodies some good.” Michael laughed as he sat up, pulling the covers over his half-naked body. Jaden did the same, realizing that they both were still a bit shy about seeing each other nude in the daylight. “So…. about last night,” Jaden started out. “What we did….I don’t do this….very often.” Michael laughed as Jaden gave him a puzzled look. “I’m sorry….I’m not laughing at you. More like with you. I just realized that I haven’t been with anyone for a long time. That’s how often I don’t do this either.” Jaden smiled as she played with her curly hair. “It sure didn’t seem like you were rusty,” she told him. “It was…amazing. And it felt ten times better because I’m in love with you.”

“I’m in love with you too Jade.” He told her. Jaden snuggled up next to him as he put his arms around her; she felt security when he held her. Jaden continued. “It just that….it seems like this is too good to be true, you know? Surreal in a way. I’ve been hurt so many times in my life…by people who are supposed to be near and dear to me. Maybe I forgot that real love was still out there for me. Life is crazy; God set me up with you…Michael Jackson. The person who I grew up with being influenced musically by. Now I’m with you and it feels like you understand me more than anyone else ever has.” Michael kissed her softly on her forehead. “Jade, I’ve loved only a few people in my life. It seemed like almost every one of them….with the exception of my friend Elizabeth Taylor and maybe Diana Ross, have left me. It’s not easy for me to love again. But you make it easy for me to open up. I don’t care about our difference in age or where we both come from… I want you to be mine and I want to be yours and fulfill all that you need.”

Jaden felt warm and safe inside for once in her life. She grabbed Michael and kissed his lips once again, nearly melting against his touch. “I don’t expect a lot,” she told him. “I just need love and assurance for once in my life. And I never want to be betrayed. I think we’ve both had enough of that in our lifetimes.” Michael linked her hand into his. “I’ll try my best to give you that and more. I want the same back. And trust…. With the kind of life that I’ve always had and the one that you are starting to live, I have to have your trust.” “You have my trust Michael. No matter what.” Jaden assured him.

The two talked for a little while before Jaden realized she had to go. There were a ton of things waiting for her to do with her with the press because that week was the release of her debut album. “It’s time to go back into the real world.” Jaden joked. “I hate it, but you have a bunch of people who need to hear that beautiful voice of yours and become inspired by your talents,” Michael told her. “Yeah baby you’re right. I’m living out my dreams!” she got up and solemnly looked at him. “It’ll be awhile until I see you again,” she sadly realized. Michael looked away. “I try not to see it that way, but yeah you’re right,” he agreed. “I’ll miss you like crazy!” Jaden told him. Michael tried to make light of the situation. “I’ll miss you more.”

Jaden pulled off her bra seductively as Michael watched. “I’m going to take a shower before I go….wanna join?” Michael gave her one of his signature smiles as he walked up to her and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around him as he carried her into his bathroom.

__________________

Chapter 18 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 188: Too Bad, Too Bad About It



“Okay, Jade. You are on in about an hour!” The stage manager informed her. Jaden nervously sipped her hot Green Tea. She was a guest on the Ellen Degeneres show and she felt her pile of nerves twist into big knots. It had been three weeks since she had seen Michael, which she hated. But besides that, her album Daydreaming Jade topped the charts at number one and she had become an overnight sensation. Jade Ross was becoming one of the hottest things in show business. Everyone’s interest in her pecked even more as Devin was able to even more interviews, photo shoots and spots on popular talk shows such as Ellen. He even got her on tour with Alicia Keys as her opening act. Jaden had to admit that Devin was one hell of a manager. He had done more for her than probably anyone else would have done. He too was also reaching his dream as he began to get offers to take on managing more artists. He seriously considered thinking about doing it.

“La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la..” Jaden warmed up her vocal cords. She was performing on national television and she knew she had to be in tip-top shape to compete. Cassie came over with her check board, making sure that everything was beyond satisfactory standards for her. “Okay girl. Your outfits on the door, shoes to the left. Hair and makeup team are on their way to hook you up. More tea is coming…. Is there anything else I can do?” she gave her a reassuring smile. Jaden shook her head. “No girl. Everything sounds good. Thanks so much for taking care of me!” “That’s my job!” Cassie told her. “Relax, you’re gonna be amazing, I know it.” “Thanks Cassie.” Jaden told her. “I can’t help it though…I’m so nervous.” She lowered her voice. “I wish Michael was here with me.” Cassie knew that she was dating Michael but Jaden knew her assistant and close friend could be trusted. She was happy for her which Jaden was grateful for. “I know you need him here girl, but some things you gotta do on your own. You’ll be fine.” Jaden begrudgingly agreed. “You’re right I suppose.” Cassie gave her a well- needed hug as Devin barged in.

“Hey sweetheart, you ready to roll?” Jaden nodded. “I think so.” Devin’s emerald green eyes gave her a questioning look. “What do you mean, I think so? You have to be ready to go out there sing your ass off!” Jaden rolled her eyes. “Of course I’m going to sing my ass off Devin! But it still doesn’t mask the fact that I’m really nervous.” Devin brought down his intensity; as much as he wanted to yell, he had to make sure that his breadwinner was happy. She still was the ticket to his budding fame also. “I’m sorry honey.” He told her. “But you can do it, just imagine that you were in another place…someone you love is only watching you while you are on that stage.” Jaden nodded “I can do that.” She told him. “I know you can. You’re gonna blow them away J!” He brushed her cheek with his hand and walked off, informing her to let him know if she needed anything.

Jaden took advantage of the few minutes of silence to meditate and pray. Her thoughts were interrupted when the cell phone rang. “Maybe it’s Michael,” she thought as she picked up without looking at the number. “Hey!” she answered. “Um…Jaden??? Hi” said a weird but familiar female voice. “Who is this?” Jaden asked. “Hi…this is Jamie. Did I catch you at a bad time?” Oh. My. God. Jaden thought to herself. Out of all times in her life her mother wanted to call, it had to be that day. She was the last person she wanted to talk to. “Yes. Yes you did,” she coldly told her. “Listen…I’ll make this short and fast- “Jamie began. “- How did you get my number?!” Jaden interrupted her. “Your brother…Justin. He gave it to me.” “I’ll kill him,” Jaden thought. “He forgave me, you know, for my wrongdoing or whatever. I wanted to talk to you so maybe we can patch up things and become a family again. You know?” Jaden rubbed her temples together. She didn’t understand why all of a sudden her mother wanted to talk to her after all of these years. “So what are you trying to say?” Jaden curtly asked her.

“I’ve seen you… in magazines and on them MTV channels and stuff…you’ve become quite a star. I was so wrong about you. I was wrong about a lot of things. I just think that we should put the past behind us and look into the future as family.” Jaden slowly began to feel angry inside. “Oh I get it. This ***** is calling me now because I now have money in my pocket and fame!” She took a deep breath and swallowed. “You know what Jaime?” she vented. “I’m gonna take the high road and politely tell you to never call my phone again. I know what you are up to and I see that you haven’t changed since I left and as far as I’m concerned, the only family that I have in my life are Justin and Joshua. I moved on a long time ago and I’m doing very well. So please take a hint from that no good father of mine and pretend that I don’t exist in your life!” With that, she hung up the phone. Jaden closed her eyes long enough to let the anger, shock, and sadness sink in and temporary evaporate. She didn't need to think about it before such an important performance. At least that was one thing that good for nothing woman taught her; to mask all feelings aside when it came to life.

Pretty soon her glam squad came in to make her look like a million bucks. Her stylist, Tony accentuated her curly golden brown hair into beautiful cascading waves with a curling iron; her makeup artist April played up her naturally gorgeous face with subtle makeup and her stylist Sasha transformed her into a beautiful orange halter dress trimmed in gold, with gold Jimmy Choo shoes and orange and gold Swarovski earrings. She looked like a superstar with confidence.

“Five minutes!” the stage manager informed her. As Jaden stood by the stage to prepare to go out, she felt a rush of energy and excitement mix in with her nervousness. This is what she had been waiting for. This was her life. “You look amazing doll,” Devin told her from behind the stage. She turned around and smiled as Cassie raised her eyebrows and gave two thumbs up. She smiled, turned back around, and focused the audience as them just being Michael watching her and no one else; that helped her out a lot.

She heard Ellen introduce her to the audience and to the world. “Everyone please welcome the beautiful, the talented Jaaaaadddddeeeeee………”

Chapter 19 by MJ Fan For Life
Author's Notes:

Don't be a silent reader! Gimme some feedback ;-)

Chapter 19: Destiny


Once Jaden was pushed to the stage, she knew that there was no turning back. She immediately felt herself turn into another person as she sung her hit song with precision and then treated the audience to a love ballad from her album.

“When I saw you, when I saw you, I could not breathe, I fell sooooo deeeeeep…oooh when I saw you, when I saw you, when I saw you, I’d never be, I’d neeevvvveeer be theeee saaaammmmee…” she sung the chorus from deep down in her soul, her extremely strong range and melodic vocals rang out. Although she had written the song before she met Michael, she knew then that it was dedicated to him. He made her feel like another person and knew because of him, she wouldn’t be the same…for the better. Once the song finished, Jaden found herself on her knees with tears in her eyes as the audience went wild for her. She looked up and realized that she had now reached her dreams of performing for people and felt a warm, fuzzy feeling inside of her.

Once she got back up, the stage manager pushed her backstage and toward her glam squad who had to get her changed before the commercial break finished. Sasha handed her a cream and black halter top that she wore over cropped jeans and black beaded stilettos. The attire tastefully showed her ample bosom, hourglass figure, and long legs. April toned down her makeup even more with a bit of eye makeup and lip gloss and handed her gold hoop ear rings. And finally Tony quickly but fashionably whisked her thick hair up into a ponytail with side swept bangs. Jaden barely had time to think because her crew moved so fast, yet so precisely that it seemed to happen in a blur. Nonetheless, she was up and ready for her interview once the commercial ended and walked into the studio like a model off the runway.

“Thank you guys so much,” Jaden managed to say. She grinned and looked around the audience as they stood cheering, some even holding posters of her album cover. Ellen laughed. “I’m jealous. They seemed to yell more for you than they did for me!” she pretended to pout as Jaden giggled. “Never Ellen, you’re the best!” The interview continued as Ellen asked her about how she came into the industry, how long she had been singing, her amazing one-of a kind vocal range, her style of music, her multi--ethinicity, and what she liked to do on her free time. Ellen’s crazy personality made Jaden laugh endlessly as she talked to her like an old friend. “Do you have any hidden talents??” Ellen excitedly quizzed. Jaden was thoughtful for a moment as she giggled for the millionth time. “Well, I can do a cartwheel and the splits.” She confessed.

“Let’s see it girlfriend!!” Ellen coaxed as the audience yelled in agreement. “Oh my God, y’all are making me so embarrassed.” Jaden said as Ellen pushed her to get up. After a few seconds, she did a perfect cartwheel and ended up doing a sexy split on the ground. The audience went wild as some of the males gave her catcalls. “You guys are silly,” Jaden told them as she sat back down. “So one more question” Ellen began. “How’s the love life? Have anyone special to spend time with?” Jaden grinned at the thought of Michael; the world wasn’t in on the secret that she was dating the King of Pop. “Weeeelllll…..” she started. “Oh, I knew it! I knew there was a reason why you were so into that song you sung!”Ellen cut in playfully. Jaden giggled. “I do, Ellen. I can’t tell you who it is right now, but I honestly can say that I’m in love with a wonderful, caring person and I’m very happy.” “AAWWWWW…..” the audience cooed her. “I’m happy for you,” Ellen told her. “Sorry fellas, she’s all taken.” The audience (mainly the males) groaned in disappointment.

After she sung her other hit song, her segment was over. When she went backstage, everybody were beaming with excitement for her. “Oh my God Jaden you blew everybody away!!!” Cassie told her as she gave her a huge hug. “I literally cried when I heard your first set. It was beautiful.” Girl, you looked fabulous,” Tony congratulated her as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. “And what’s with doing the splits?? You are gonna have every man after you now.” “You forgot Tony,” April interrupted him. “She’s taken!!” “Ooooohhhh!!!” her crew playfully shouted. “You never told us who you were exactly dating…who is this lucky specimen???” April prodded. Jaden playfully covered her face with embarrassment as Cassie looked the other way.

“I’d rather not say…right now,” she told them. Before she could say anymore, Devin came over rubbing his hands together. “Honey, you blew them away!!! You sounded perfect, you were entertaining in the interview and the audience loved you most importantly.” He gave her a hug. “I don’t know. I was so nervous before I came out, I honestly didn’t think I could’ve done it.” Jaden confessed. “But Ellen is so down to earth, I sort of forgot I was on national television.” Devin nodded. “Hey you wanna grab a bite to eat? We need to catch up.” I planned to go back to my hotel room, curl up in my pjs, eat ice cream, call Michael and watch tv. She thought to herself. I really need to talk to him about my mother calling me today and I really need to just hear his voice. Devin saw the hesitation on her face. “I know you might have other plans, but you think you could squeeze me in?” he flashed her his killer smile. Jaden sighed. “Well…how could I say no?” she told him. “Great. I know the perfect place. My treat.” He told her. “Meet you in 20 minutes.” As he walked away, Jaden looked at Cassie who could only shrug her shoulders. This should be interesting, They both simultaneously thought.

Chapter 20 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 20: Another Part of me

As planned, Jaden met up with Devin 20 minutes later. Cassie would drop her things off at her hotel room. Although she knew that it was perfectly normal for the manager and client to hang out from time to time, Cassie was a bit leery about Devin’s intentions with her boss and friend. During the Ellen interview, he approached her, asking exactly who Jaden was dating. Of course, Cassie didn’t budge. She lied and told him that she didn’t have a clue; she was very loyal to Jaden. She now was familiar with Devin well enough to know that he wouldn’t be very enthused that Jaden was with not only his former boss, but the world’s greatest entertainer. Devin came off as a possessive and sometimes jealous person and Jaden was his business pride and joy.

While Jaden gathered her coat and purse, Cassie knew she had to give her a subtle warning. “Have fun tonight,” she started as she followed her outside. “Just be cautious. Devin is a handful as we all know.” She laughed, trying to make light of the situation. Jaden looked at her and gave a small smile; she already had enough on her mind to find another issue to deal with. “Yeah, I know what you mean.” She told her. “But I’m a big girl, and Devin IS considered a friend of mine. I mean, if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t even be where I am.” She sighed. “Honestly though, I really don’t feel like going anywhere tonight. I’m tired and I just want to talk to Michael. I didn’t think being away from him would be this hard, but it is.” Cassie nodded, more interested in thinking about her late night plans. “You two will be just fine. Call me if you need anything” she told her. Cassie didn’t quite understand the love withdrawal that Jaden was going through. She dated and slept around with men, but never considered herself the settling type. Love, in her opinion, was overrated.

After the two of them parted ways, Jaden met up with Devin. He looked nice with a casual suit and tennis shoes; the odd combination worked well together. He was the epitome of a typical California guy. On the way there, Devin told her to sit back and relax and turned on the radio during the half hour drive. Soon he pulled up into a nondescript building that had a line of people waiting in front of it. “This…is Dolce.” He proudly announced, as if he himself owned the restaurant. As the two walked straight in the seemingly popular place, Jaden took in the beautiful scenery, seeing celebrities such as Sandra Bullock and Usher dine about. Devin continued. “It’s owned by Jake Gyllenhal. A lot of the press likes to roam around here. I think it would be good for you and your friends to be frequent eaters here so you can keep garnering attention.” “Wow,” was all Jaden could say as she was amazed and humbled to be in the elite atmosphere. I would love to be here with Michael, she thought to herself. I wonder if we would be safe to eat in here…. I doubt it

Her thoughts were interrupted when Devin asked what she wanted to drink from the waiter and what she wanted to order. Jaden perused the menu, not quite sure what to order because the entire menu read in French. Are there any cheeseburgers on here? she thought to herself. Although she was now famous, her appetite still craved that of an ordinary person. Even when she ate with Michael, they never consumed anything too fancy; it really was not much of his style and that suited her fine. Devin sensed that she didn’t know what to order and took over. “She’ll have the same thing I’m gonna get,” he told the waiter. He ordered her the grilled salmon along with a pasta and clam sauce. It wasn’t what she was used to, but it was something that she didn’t mind eating. “Jade, we have got to get you to eat out at places like this more,” Devin teased her. “As a celebrity, you have to try new things at all times and be ready for anything.” Says who?? Jaden thought as she gave him a fake smile. She wasn’t in the mood to be Devin’s pet.

“So, how have you been? I feel as though we haven’t had time to just talk. It’s always about business,” Devin started. “You kinda seem to be…I don’t know…more quiet and distant around me now.” What he really wanted to know was about this guy she was dating. It all should have came to him; she was leaving every chance she had in her schedule without giving him or anyone any distinct details. She had a smile and glow on her face all of the time and brought even more intensity in her ballads. Jaden took a sip of her white Zinfandel. “I’m sorry Devin. I guess you’re right. We haven’t had a chance to just hang out. I guess all this new fame has sort of well…overwhelmed me a bit.” She didn’t know how else to tell him without being rude. “Thanks for bringing me here, buddy.” Buddy huh? Devin thought. She never called me that before.

“So what’s up?? What has been going on in your life?” Jaden asked. Devin sighed. “Nothing really…I live and breathe this industry. I prefer it like that actually so I’m very content.” Jaden nodded. “You’re a great manager. However, I think you should plan yourself a vacation so you can go meet the perfect woman,” she winked playfully at him. “Who says I haven’t met one yet??” Devin laughed. “Speaking of significant others, who is this-“

Like clockwork, Jaden’s cell phone rang. “Hold on Devin. Sorry” she told him as she mindlessly picked up and greeted her phone. She prayed that it wasn’t her estranged mother again to further cloud her mind. “Hey love,” said the familiar mellow voice that only belonged to Michael. Immediately Jaden felt all fluttery and secure inside. “Hey baby,” she responded in a sultry tone. “I miss you so much. You have no idea.” “I miss you very much too,” Michael told her. It was especially hard to be away from not only his children now, but Jaden also. He had made a trip for a few days to New York to team up with Al Sharpton to rally against Tommy Mottola and Sony. He had enough of the way he and the label were treating musical artists-especially those of color. Michael hoped that his celebrity could be the voice for those who couldn’t speak. “How did the rally go? Was it peaceful?” Jaden asked as she sat back forgetting where she was and who she was with.

“It was sort of scary having to speak out like that, but I think we’ve got Sony’s attention.” Michael went on about how everything went and Jaden began to tell him about her segment on Ellen. About 15 minutes into the conversation, Devin cleared his throat out of impatience. This startled Jaden back into reality; she realized that she enjoyed talking to Michael so much, that she was being rude company.

“Oops sorry,” she told Devin. “Who are you apologizing to?” Michael asked, now realizing that she was in a public place. “Baby, I’m out to dinner with Devin and I realized that I am being very rude.” “Oh,” he slowly said. He completely trusted Jaden, but didn’t know what Devin could be up to. He really wished that he could take Jaden out to places and enjoy more things in the world together as a couple. That was a perfect utopia that probably would never happen. It made him sort of jealous and a bit sad.

Jaden sensed his change of attitude. Michael lowered his voice in case Devin could hear him. “Does he know…about us?” Jaden bit her bottom lip. “No not yet,” she told him as she looked away from Devin. “I think it’ll have to come out tonight,” There was no way around it. Devin would have to find out one way or another. “Yeah you’re right,” Michael told her. “I just hope Devin is still the same trustworthy guy I knew.” “Yeah I really believe so, you know?” Jaden responded, not trying to sound any more obvious. “Listen, I’ll call you back as soon as I am back. I love you.” “I love you more ,” Michael responded. “Let me know how it all goes.”

After she hung up with Michael, the food arrived and she dug into the meal as soon as possible to stall time. “This is really good!” she complimented. “You’re right, I should try new things.” Devin simply gave her a knowing look. “It’s Michael right??” he blurted out. “You’re dating him, aren’t you?” Jaden took another long swallow of the Zinfandel; she was going to need all the power she could get from the beverage.

“Well…yeah. I am.” She said with confidence. “It all makes sense now,” he dryly said. “The sudden leaving...no wonder you didn’t dish out any details to Ellen. I don’t understand WHY you had to keep that a secret from me for so long!” Devin didn’t know exactly why he was upset at her. Maybe it was the fact that he sort of liked her deep down and thought they would someday get together. Or maybe it was the fact that he was inferior to the King of Pop taking his most prized business possession away from him. He found her first and felt like he was no competition for the man who had it all- or at least seemed to have it all.

Jaden sighed as she looked Devin in the eyes, “Look Devin, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you right off the bat. But as we both know, Michael is understandably a very private person. We didn’t need everyone to know that we are in a relationship.”

Devin shook his head and chuckled. “You don’t know what you are getting yourself into, do you?” he asked as he lowered his voice “Don’t you know that if the media finds out that you two are together, it could be blown out of proportion? I mean think about it. You’re 24, he’s nearly 44. No one’s gonna believe your relationship with the King of Pop is real. ” Jaden too began to get upset. How dare he make a mockery out of us! She thought. “You have no idea what kind of relationship I have with him! How dare you say something like that! We both came into this thing not expecting to end up as a couple. But guess what? It happened and we don’t regret a minute of us being a together.”

Devin waved his hand at her in disbelief; he didn’t give a damn what she had to say. “You know what? I think you are very confused right now and don’t know what you want. You’re saying that you wanna be with a superstar who is considered to be a freak and a weirdo to people and everyone will be okay with that? Forget all of your talent; honey, they’ll know that you are just in it for a free ride to fame!” He knew the last words probably hit her the worst. Jaden had to take a few deep breaths to give her the strength to not reach over and choke the lights out of him. “I’m in love with Michael Jackson and he loves me,” she articulated to him slowly in case he didn’t understand. “If that makes me all those things to people, then so be it!” Devin smirked. “More than your career?” he asked. “Do you love him more than your own music career?” Jaden lowered her eyes, shocked he condescendingly asked her this “Yes,” she finally said. “Yes, I do.”

Devin ran his finger along his wine glass. He couldn’t believe that she had fallen head over heels about Michael like that. He refused to accept it. “Okay.” He simply said. “I’m not saying a word to anyone about this, only because this is ridiculous. Just as long as you keep doing what you’re supposed to be doing, career wise.” Jaden looked down at her food. “Deal.” She muttered. “Can we go?” A few minutes later the two left in silence for the rest of the night. What started out as a nice friendly dinner went south very fast. Once Devin dropped her back off, Jaden gave him a cold goodbye and quickly left.

That night, she lay on her bed nursing a migraine. The causes were obvious. One was from her mother’s “reunion call” earlier that day and the other was from that evening’s drama. She told Michael everything that happened with Devin and naturally, Michael was upset because some of his fears were coming true. He suggested that she switched managers, but Jaden assured him that she could handle Devin well enough. She also told him about the conversation that she had with her mother early that day and he reminded her to talk to her only when she felt she was ready. Jaden begged him to sing her “Lady in my life” to ease her headache and Michael could not refuse. Being with Michael may be more than bargained for, but I’m not letting anyone break us apart, she thought as she smiled at Michael’s velvety voice calming her to sleep.

Chapter 21 by MJ Fan For Life
Author's Notes:

 

 

Chapter 21: Blast from the past


34-year-old Lisa Marie Presley sat in her hotel room in New York, getting a visit from her blast from the past. Flipping through channels, she looked on Fox News and saw her ex husband make a rare appearance on television. Donning one of his signature shades, he gave a very calm and thorough statement about how black musical artist were being mistreated. He didn’t come off as strange and he made concise points to the reporter, who seemed to be looking for a way to make him sound otherwise. Watching Michael immediately gave Lisa Marie flashbacks of what they once had. Although she was fresh from a divorce with her first husband, the late king of rock’s only child wasted no time marrying the king of pop at age 26. His friend first, she wanted to help him get through his trials and be the safeguard in his life. To her, it felt right at the time; she admitted that she was looking for security just as much as Michael was. In her personal opinion, the love felt for him seemed to be surreal; she thought that she had found the absolute one.

Unfortunately for her, the love seemed to dissipate very fast. She felt really bad because she knew that Michael had loved and catered to her like no other. He also was the best lover she ever had, giving her his all sexually; it all seemed almost too good to be true. Evidently, things began to go sour around late 1995, after their infamous Primetime interview. Poor Michael had been begging her to have his children, but she wasn’t ready for that yet. She already had two children from her previous marriage. It scared her, as if deep down she knew that the marriage would not last and she didn’t want to involve any children between them. The honeymoon was far from over, so to speak.

She could tell that Michael was growing impatient with the excuses she kept giving him as to why she was not ready to have his children. It was evident once he started to go off at times without telling her his whereabouts. Who could blame him though? She herself started to distance herself away from him in all ways and wasn’t the supportive, warm wife he initially married. Add the media’s constant meddling, annoying speculation to their marital issues, and she had enough with it all. The divorce couldn’t have come at a worse time, as Michael was recovering at the hospital after collapsing during practicing for a live HBO concert series. In Lisa Marie’s defense, it had to be done so they could both move on with their lives. If she would be painted as an evil ***** to everyone, then so be it.

Even through all of their past drama, the two ex-star-crossed lovers remained friends. However there came a time when Michael and Lisa Marie became a bit TOO friendly. She had given him a big surprise during one of his first stops on his HIStory tour, in Germany. Although she didn’t want to be his wife, she did miss his companionship- especially physically. She waited back stage for him after he finished his concert and surprised him by saying that she was backstage watching his concert the whole time. Glad to have companionship himself, Michael didn’t mind that she was there and welcomed her warmly. The two friends went back to his hotel room, ordered room service…and rekindled their sexual passion. They both knew what they were doing wasn’t supposed to happen. They were no longer married or in love; they were supposed to be friends only. Not friends with benefits. However, the routine happened a couple more times before Michael put an end to it all. He didn’t want to bed with someone who was not his wife, nor his woman. It had never been his nature, but he had fell victim to it all at a vulnerable time. Lisa respected his decision to end their mini-escapades. She was glad that his wishes of becoming a father became true soon after. Throughout the years, they still remained friendly, talking on and off through the years.

Finally snapping back into reality, Lisa Marie tried to find something else to watch as she sipped on her Jack Daniel’s lemonade. Something that would make her happy, make her smile. Get her mind off of her troubling love life. How did this happen? She thought to herself. It never seems to end up ok. She groaned slightly in annoyance. Her first marriage didn’t work, her whirlwind marriage to Michael didn’t work, and now she was on the verge of asking for a divorce from her third husband, actor Nicholas Cage. She had only been married to him for a few months and she was ready to file her divorce papers with him. If only she had listened to her instincts and not married. Not him anyway. It was apparent that he was in love with her father, Elvis Presley and in lust with the fact that he had actually hitched his daughter. She read right through him like a book. Too bad it was after they exchanged vowels. Lisa didn’t want to be anywhere near him, hence the reason why she was at the Four Seasons at that moment. She needed to get away from him and things in order to get her head together.

After of hours of thinking, she knew there was no way that she could remain married to Nicholas Cage. She knew the feeling would be mutual, as the thrill was gone after their first week of marriage. Although she had come at peace with her decision, it frustrated her that she could not find that perfect guy. A guy who has confidence and personality like daddy had would be nice, she thought. Who am I kidding? I’ll just settle for a guy who stimulates my being. After watching a movie and having a couple more Jack Daniels lemonades, Lisa’s thoughts began to wander back on Michael. She wondered how he was. Was he seeing somebody? Was he happy now that he had a family of his own? Although things worked didn’t work out between him and Debbie, Lisa knew that he still loved just being a father. She then wondered what would have been if she had stuck out their issues and stayed with him. They would have kids for sure. And maybe, just maybe, she would not be miserable in the love department. Lisa had to admit; Even if their level of maturity seemed to not on the same level, Michael was the clear winner of being a good husband. However, she was a believer in things happening for a reason and she didn’t want to go that route…. Or did she???

Chapter 22 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 22: Can't Let Go

On instinct, Lisa looked through her phone and sent Michael and sent him a message. Hey! Long time no hear eh? She wrote. Afterwards, she nervously waited and a few minutes later, she got a message back from him. Hey, yeah. It has. How’s everything? I can’t lie to him, she thought. He’s a great listener and I consider him a friend, right? From there, a text conversation ensued.

Lisa: Well…it could be better. I’m not happy with my marriage to Nick.

Michael: Really? I am very sorry to hear that….

Lisa: Yeah. I’m pretty much sold on getting a divorce from him

Michael: Wow. You sure bout that?? You may need to work on whatever it is with him before you consider

Lisa: Michael…. I just know that it’s not right nor will it ever be. He’s only into me cause my father is Elvis Presley. You of all people should know how it is to be used for just your fame. That’s just the way it is. I just wished I had saw the warning signs earlier….

M: Oh.

M: I don’t blame you for wanting out then. Don’t be too hard on yourself, we all are human and are subject to mistakes

L: Yeah, I guess you are right. The media is gonna get a kick out of this one (laughing my
ass off)

M: Unfortunately… they probably will try to find a way to twist this into a story. Evil snakes!

M: All I can tell you from experience is to be positive and pray often…

L: Once again, you are right… so how are you? All is well?

M: Well yes… things are great! The kids Paris and Prince are doing well, growing bigger everyday. I’m seriously considering having another child.

L: Wow glad to hear that….

L: Do you ever think…what would have happened if the two of us…stayed together….

M: Sometimes…. But I’ve accepted things. With u and with Deb. Now I have moved on…

L: Yeah. I have too. Have you moved to someone special lately? (wink, wink)

M: Well…..

L: Well what??

M: You could say that. Can you keep this between the two of us?

L: Yeah, of course.

M: I’ve met someone wonderful! She came into my life and has given me so much…she’s funny, caring, very beautiful and like me, she is very passionate about her music. The children love her.

Lisa felt a pang a jealousy hit her. Who was this woman who has taken her ex-husband on the loop???

L: I’m glad to hear that… what’s her name?

M: Well… keep this a secret please…. Name is Jaden Ross, but her stage name is Jade.

"Oh my God!”It took a few seconds for Lisa to realize that Michael was talking about the newcomer superstar Jade. Her children had her CD and she had even taken a liking to some of her music. She was very different compared to other artist because her music was unexplainably soulful, yet fun. She had a lot a vocal talent to backup her style and Lisa agreed that she was beautiful. It made her a bit more jealous.

L: Jade?? THE Jade?? How did this happen??

L: Meaning how did the two of you get together??

M: She was a backup singer on my Invincible album… I knew back then she would be a star…one thing happened after the next and we became a couple.

M: The hard part is keeping it all a secret…I don’t want her career to be jeopardized once they find out we are together. I wish we could be a normal couple… nothing is ever normal with me. As you know

L: Yeah. I know. I just hope you know that you are taking a big chance here. Things can get out of hand

M: So I’ve heard…. I’m happy though. Shouldn’t that count for something?

L: Yes

L: Just be cautious. That’s all I’m saying.

M: I know. Well I have to get some rest.. have a lot of things coming up

L: Right, thanks for letting me vent.

M: Of course. Take care

Afterwards, Lisa poured herself another glass, walked to the huge balcony overlooking the city, and reflected on her conversation. She felt wrong for not being as happy and supportive for Michael’s new relationship as she should have been. He was right. It was time for him to move on to a new kind of love. Who could blame him for loving someone? It was one of his biggest emotions.

Perhaps she was taking her love frustrations out on Michael’s newfound love, but she didn’t want to be happy for what he had. He was satisfied with someone and she wasn’t. It wasn’t fair to her.

She may be Michael’s lady, but I hope she knows she’s sloppy thirds, Lisa smirked to herself as she sipped her drink and took in the night scenery. It was the only solace she could find.

Chapter 23 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 23: Victory


Now that Devin and Lisa Marie knew about Michael and Jaden’s relationship, it seemed to be both a relief and a worry. Relief because someone knew about the love they had for one another. Worry because they could give their secret up into the public. For Jaden, it was nice to go see Michael without having to hide and lie to Devin. She could take his eye rolling and sighing of disapproval whenever she mentioned where she would be going over her breaks. Just as long as her blissful relationship with the king of pop stayed under wraps. Especially now that she was now a household name. She now had to deal with the fleeting paparazzi at a ridiculous level and that was stressful enough for the both of them.

Jaden’s celebrity blew up so much that her debut album, Daydreaming Jade went quadruple platinum in sales! To celebrate UMG gave her a platinum party extravaganza at a rented mansion in West Hollywood Hills.

It seemed as if hundreds of guest showed up to give Jaden their congrats and support for her success. After all, it was very rare for a debuting artist to garner up an astonishing amount of record sales. There was talk of her being up for numerous awards. Star musical artists, actors, and producers of all ages filled the elegant room, sipping on high-priced beverages and snacking on extravagant h'orderves. Upbeat music blared across the room and P Diddy seemed interested in getting a dance started. Everyone seemed to be having a grand time with the good vibe going in the atmosphere.
Jaden peered at the grand scenery from one of the rooms she was vacating.

Having not made an appearance yet, her glam squad hooked her up from head to toe and had just left her to herself. Seeing all of those people suddenly made her feel like that shy small child who rather liked to put on performances for her brothers than for other people. It was still very astounding to her that she had actually sold that many albums and was getting rewarded for it. She barely knew half of the people in attendance and it gave her a nervous energy. Now she knew how Michael felt when he went to big events; it wasn’t as easy as it looked. Speaking of Michael, she missed him dearly. She saw him a week before and they spent their time together making music and learning how to bowl. She always had a blast being with him and was pathetically lovesick for him.

Knowing that they all were waiting for her, Jaden knew that she couldn’t stay in that room forever…as much as she wanted to at least. Jaden took a deep breath, checked herself out in the mirror, and walked out down the stairs in the enormous room where everyone was.

The DJ immediately saw her entrance before anyone else and immediately stopped the music to make an announcement. “Ladies and gents, the lady of the hour is finally here!!! She’s sold more albums on her debut than any other debuting artist on UMG. She’s beautiful, classy and talented…everyone show your love for Miss Jade Ross!!!!” Jaden blushed and smiled as she heard the flashy announcement of herself and the hundreds of pairs of eyes glued on her. Some yelled, most applauded and others gasped at how gorgeous she looked. Jaden donned a fitting gold Cavalli cocktail gown with matching gold and black jewelry. The attire brought out the golden brown highlights on her eyes and hair, which Tony had whipped into its natural dramatic wavy state. Her butter pecan skin flickered flawlessly in the atmosphere as her racial ambiguity stood out at full force. No one could figure out which black, white, or even Asian gene was the most dominant of her.

Overwhelmed, Jaden came downstairs and greeted as many people as possible. Many seemed genuine in their compliments and well wishes, but she still felt nervous. A waiter offered her a flute of Cristal. Although she wasn’t much of a drinker, Jaden eagerly accepted the flute, gulped it down and immediately had another. She needed something to calm her jumpy, excited nerves. On the makeshift stage, a well-dressed Charlie Kline, Karen Douglas, and Devin appeared. Always a talker, Charlie interrupted the crowd and began to talk about how Jaden auditioned and blew them away and how she is going to unimaginable heights as an artist. Always a warm person, Karen congratulated her and told her that she was an inspiration to many. Finally, Devin took the mike and spoke about their unique business relationship and how he was a big name because of her. Deep down however, he wanted to scream “If you break up with Michael Jackson, everything won’t be ruined!!” He kept all feelings aside however.

“Would you like to say something?” Devin turned the microphone toward her, giving a flashy smile. Looks like I don’t have much of a choice. He knows I don’t like being put on the spot she thought as she came onstage smiling, taking the microphone and a deep breath. “First of all, thank you all for being here. Y’all don’t know how much this really means to me. I love you guys!” She waited until the applause died down before continuing. “When I moved here to Cali, I only had a few belongings and my trusty guitar. I wanted someone to believe in me…. and it seemed like that would never happen.” She took another breath as she looked at Devin. “But someone did. Thanks to Devin, for hearing me out, making things possible, allowing me to display my talents.” And hooking me up to my love, the king of pop!, she thought.

“We may have disagreements, but you are a great manager and a friend.” She hugged Devin. Although he didn’t agree with her decision to be with Michael, he had been the “blessing from the sky” for her career that she had longed for. Devin felt some of his underlying anger dissipate; no matter what, he knew Jaden was sincere and a kind person. Although he still thought that she was very confused to be dating Michael, she was the consummate artist and client. “Anyhow,” Jaden continued, more relaxed with the Cristal in her system. “I am so humbled and blessed to have this opportunity and seeing the fruits of my work be shown in such a gratifying way. I thank God everyday for it all……”

As Jaden continued to talk, she didn’t know that a big surprise was about to grace her presence. Michael, along with Chris Tucker, snuck into the room unnoticed. He knew where her party was held and had decided to go out on a limb and surprise her. It didn’t matter if his name was on the guest list; he was the King of pop and he got in with ease. Jaden continued. “Well, to wrap this up, I”- and like a magnet, her topaz eyes zoomed in on him. He had on rock star shades, wore a stylish silver jacket and leather pants that did justice to his long graceful legs and quant booty. His hair was straight, shoulder-length and layered. Only a man like Michael Jackson could pull off that defining look; he looked incredibly sexy. Jaden’s eyes widened “Oh my Lord…Michaaaeeelll!” she yelled out subconsciously. I can’t believe my man is here, the trickster!, she thought. She had no clue that he would appear at the party. He never led on to her that he would be in any way. Everyone’s heads turned to the back to see who she was talking about. They all immediately began to get excited and ran to greet and talk to him and Chris Tucker. No matter what status a person had, to meet the king of pop was a once in a lifetime experience.

While Michael gave out hugs, kisses, and autographs, Charlie took in the scene in excitement. “Wow, Jade. Your success has even got Michael Jackson and Chris Tucker to come out and show their support! This is amazing and great PR! Someone must have invited him!” Devin cleared his throat, looking the other way. “Yes….I really wonder who did that.” Jaden gave him a disapproving glare before she turned back to the microphone to give her conclusion. “Anyhow, with that, I am wrapping up. God bless and enjoy the rest of the evening!!!” Excited, she walked away from the stage. She wanted to find a way to spend time with her man way more than everyone else did. If that was possible. No one, not even Devin, was going to ruin that.

Chapter 24 by MJ Fan For Life
Chapter 24: Melt Away


Jaden waited on the side with Cassie to talk to Michael. She loved seeing him so relaxed, so chilled…so human. Many people saw him as some perfect god, on a high pedestal. He was nothing like that… he was very humble, loving, funny and easygoing. That was one of the many reasons Jaden loved him. “Oh my God, how did Michael sneak his crazy ass in here like that?” Cassie teased as Jaden giggled. “You know that he is here to see you. He couldn’t stand to be away from you another second! What have you done to him?” Jaden shrugged. “Nothing. I’m the one who can’t stay away without him being on my mind. I’m so excited that he came!!” Cassie looked at her and shook her head. “Look at you….you look like a child on Christmas.” “I do not,” Jaden objected. But truthfully, she wanted to jump up in down in excitement.

“Whatever J…here he comes!!” Michael finally broke away from the crowd to get to his destination. It was true; he missed Jaden and had to see her...even if it meant that they had to pretend that they were mere acquaintances in front of the guest. She looks like a princess, he thought to himself. She was always beautiful to him. It just was exceptionally more that night.

Michael smiled as he grabbed Jaden’s hand and kissed it. “Hi. I don’t believe we’ve met before,” he joked. “But I’m such a big fan of your music. I had to come out and meet you.” Jaden bashfully grinned as she played along. “It’s a pleasure to meet you… Mr. Jackson. I’ve been your biggest fan since forever. You’re part of the reason why I do music.” “Thank you,” Michael told her. “I’m glad I could inspire…especially someone as talented as yourself.” “Oh brother,” Cassie said under her breath as she shook her head. She had to admit that was enjoying the undercover rendezvous entertainment that very few knew about. Michael cleared his throat. “Pardon me…if this is out of line. But I think you are very beautiful and that dress makes you look like royalty.”

He laughed inside, knowing that he wasn’t a big flirt verbally. Jaden giggled like a teenager as she was enjoying every minute of it. “Royalty? Wow that means a lot coming from the king of pop. But whatever would my boyfriend think if he heard you say that?” she playfully winked at him. Michael looked around to make sure the coast was clear before he gave her a peck on her cheek. “Your boyfriend doesn’t seem to care too much. If he did, he wouldn’t leave his beautiful, talented girlfriend to celebrate her success tonight all alone, now would he?” His chocolate eyes fixated on her golden ones and touched her soul in so many ways.“No I guess he wouldn’t” Jaden mumbled in a trance.

Suddenly, Chris Tucker came over, interrupting the love reunion. “Man, this party is DOPE!” he said in his signature loud voice. “Thanks for the invite!!” He looked over at Jaden and shook her hand, as well as Cassie’s. “Well, well. I finally get to meet the lady of the hour! I love the album. Me and my girlfriend listen to it twice a day!” Jaden laughed, happy to meet a favorite of hers. “Thanks! I really appreciate hearing that. I love all of your movies, especially Friday and Rush Hour.” Chris playfully nudged Michael. “I’m trying to get Michael to star in the next Rush Hour with me.” Michael chuckled. “Chris, I don’t think we would get any work done. We barely could get through the You Rock My World video without laughing every two minutes.” “Think about it, Mike. The king of pop would also become the king of movies!” Chris suggested. They all laughed, especially Jaden who almost had tears come out of her eyes. He looked at Michael “I like her, Mike. She laughs at all my jokes. Why don’t you laugh at all my jokes?” “Chris,” Michael began. “I told you I was your biggest fan many times.” Chris playfully looked down at his fingernails. “Well..... I don’t know if that’s good enough anymore.”

They all doubled over with laughter, having a good time. Jaden could understand why Michael made Chris Tucker one of his closest friends. He was a comic relief and seemed to be a trustworthy individual. The four all talked and kidded around a bit more. Jaden figured out that Chris was in on the secret because he openly suggested that Michael and Jaden hang with him and his girlfriend, including going on vacation with them.

Soon after, Chris went to find food and Cassie followed suit. Michael looked away. “I’m sure you figured out he knows.” He told her. “Yeah, but it’s ok, I like Chris!” Jaden said. “I trust that he wouldn’t say anything.” Michael shook his head. “No, he wouldn’t do anything like that.” He focused his attention back on Jaden without trying to make it obvious for the crowd. “I’m glad I came. I had to see you, my diamond,” he said in a low voice. “You don’t know how excited I was to see you come in. I’m having such a good time now” Jaden whispered. “I miss you like crazy. It’s so hard being away from you…and Paris and Prince too.” Michael smiled, feeling the warmth her words.

“I miss you like crazy too. We have to fix this somehow.” He looked at her then looked away, licking his lips. “Is it wrong to say that I just wanna hug and kiss you so badly right about now?” Jaden gushed inside. “No baby. I was just thinking the same thing,” she admitted. Suddenly she brightened up, feeling adventurous. “Have an idea. Meet me in the third room on the left upstairs in ten minutes. Don’t make it too obvious, and bring a flute of Cristal with you.” She winked as she walked off. Michael winked back and smiled in excitement; he loved spontaneity and had met his match with Jaden.

Jaden beckoned for Cassie to come over to her in a corner. “What’s up chica? I was just talking to some celebs.…if you know what I mean.” She said nudging her. Jaden cleared her throat. “I really want to spend some alone time with Michael,” she told her cutting to the point. “I need for you to cover for me. Say that I went to lie down for awhile because I have a headache or something. Please?” Cassie smirked. “Alone time huh?” Jaden looked around to see if anyone (especially Devin) was watching. They weren’t. “Yes, alone time. So will you do it? I’ll give you a bonus or even extra time off.” “You know I will boss. Anything you say goes.” Cassie told her. “Great. I’ll be back soon!” Jaden excitedly told her as she took Cassie’s full glass of Cristal and proceeded to go to the room unnoticed. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” Cassie playfully mouthed as Jaden rolled her eyes. At that point, she didn’t have a care in the world. As Jaden waited, Michael told Chris to distract anyone who would ask about his whereabouts. He danced around casually, took a flute of Cristal, and said hello to a few more people before sneaking upstairs to the room.

After locking the door, Jaden jumped up and down in excitement. “Baby, we are so bad! I can’t believe we have to sneak off like this!” Michael took in the room. It had a television, a long mirror, refrigerator and two luxury couches that were made for lounging. “I can’t believe we have to do this either.” He looked at Jaden as her dress clung to her hourglass curve and got immediately turned on. He came over and wrapped his long assuring arms around her and pulled her close. “But let’s make the best out of it. It’s like our own little adventure.” He got his earlier wish granted and began to kiss her. Slow and methodically at first; feverishly and passionate as they progressed. Jaden began to melt away within his touch as usual and forgot where she was. She didn’t understand how she found someone, Michael Jackson to be exact, to awake her senses and make her feel brand new. Every time they kissed, it seemed like their first time.

Jaden pushed him away teasingly. She seductively grabbed the flute of Cristal and poured a bit of it on her neck and cleavage. “Thirsty?” she asked him. Michael fervidly eyed her. “Very,” he breathed. With that, he quenched his thirst by kissing her drenched areas. Jaden found herself moaning and giggling at the same time as he touched all of her sensitive and ticklish spots. After a few minutes, she pushed him off of her once again. She couldn’t take another minute of the teasing without going any further.

“What’s wrong ?” Michael said, startled because he was enjoying his sexual teasing. Jaden bit her full lip. “Nothing. I just want you right now!” she found herself saying out of character. The power of passion and sexual desire had taken over her. Plus she was tipsy from the drinks. He smiled as he began to undo her dress. “Naughty Michael” had made an appearance. “Nothing would please me more than to make love to my woman,” he told her. Jaden’s shred of reasoning came back in her head. “Wha- what if they come looking for me or you?” she asked. Michael shrugged, caring less at that point. “They won’t. Cassie and Chris will cover for us.” “What if-“ “Shhhh...” Michael quieted her and kissed her on her lips for good measure

“Being together, in our circumstances, I think we’ve both taught each other how to live in the moment,” he told her. “You want me now, you’ve just said it. I’m yearning to be with you too.” He romantically kissed her fingertips. “We’re both adults… we’re in love with each other. Let’s celebrate that. Right now. I’ll even whisper in your ear how much I’m enjoying you because I know how much you like that.” He smiled at her lovingly, trying to remain innocent as possible.

So much for Jaden’s reasoning. It went right out the window once she heard that. How could she tell him no? For some reason, the risk made turned her on even more. She jumped into his arms, unbuttoning his jacket. “Okay, but we can’t be too long.” She smiled as she pushed him on the couch. “Oh and another thing,” she said as her steamy southern accent crept out. “I wanna be in control.” Michael gently placed her unto him and whispered “Come here girl. Whooo!!!"

It was well worth it because they got away with it all successfully. Jaden even wrote a song later on about their sweet experience later and called it “Melt Away”

Chapter 25 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 25: She Drives Me Wild: Part I

Michael angrily slammed down the phone. Another day, another missed call from Jaden. He didn’t understand what was so hard for the two of them to call one another when they both were available. It was all becoming a bit too nerve-wracking. He hadn’t seen her for another two weeks, since the party. They didn’t have time to spend with each other since then. It was another day and another start of working between the two; Michael had to prepare himself for the MTV awards and Jaden had to go off on her tour with Alicia Keys. He completely understood that business was business and that they had to tend to their careers first. However, it was becoming hard to maintain a valid relationship with her because of it.

Restless, Michael went outside to his beloved ‘giving tree’ at Neverland. He always resided there to think and write his lyrics, hence why it was called that. It was a very special and dear place to him. He climbed up and rested against the thick branch, taking in the calm evening air. The next day, he had to prepare himself to go to New York for the Awards ceremony. It was the last moments he had before having to deal with thousands of people in his face. He loved his fans very dearly, but it was all a bit overwhelming to have to deal with them, the media, and the press all at the same time. He knew he was in for a typical, crazy rare night out.

Looking up at the stars, Michael sighed in frustration. He didn’t know what to think about his relationship and where it was headed. He had fallen head over heels in love with Jaden Ross, and now he began to think that it was both a blessing and a problem. It was a blessing because she brightened up his life in every way possible. He smiled even more often because he knew he had found someone special, who loved both him and his children. Jaden was that wonderful someone that he thought he would never find. Unfortunately, the problem was that they had to hide their love for each other from the world. Michael began to think that he was holding her back from her social life because she constantly had to hide out with him. He didn’t think it was fair for her to live her life and possibly put her career in jeopardy because they were seeing each other. And besides that, there were things he wanted to do that he knew she wasn’t ready for; she was two decades younger than him. Michael wanted to have another child and he didn’t know how he would make that happen with Jaden at this point, unless he adopted. Things were getting complicated and he needed to talk to her. He needed to see where their relationship was going.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exhausted, Jaden came into her hotel room and took a much needed relaxing shower. She had been in Washington D.C., her fourth city in five days. She was quickly realizing that touring was no joke. She had learned as a performing artist that voice preservation and precious sleep time were vital in surviving the whole thing. Either way, she still was having a blast and enjoyed performing her heart out for sold out audiences night after night. She didn’t complain one bit. “These aches and pains can easily be helped by a masseuse,” she thought to herself as she gratefully eased on her bed with a smile. “This is all a blessing. I’m doing what I love and I never have to worry about where my next meal will come from ever again”

She checked her cell phone for any missed calls and discovered that Michael had been trying to get in touch with her multiple times. “Oh no!! I completely forgot to call him back!” she scolded herself aloud. “Some girlfriend I am.” She began to feel guilty with the way she had been treating Michael lately. There just wasn’t any time for much else after being consumed with her shows. And deep down, maybe just maybe the act of having to keep their relationship “In the closet” was starting to wear her down a bit. She loved being with Michael; he was one of the best things to ever happen to her. However it was hard not being able to see him when she wanted to and be able to have a normal relationship. She knew she was going to have to have a talk with him.

She picked up the phone and called him; she had to hear his voice and not a day later. “Jade. How are you love? I’ve missed you.” Michael greeted her. Jaden melted inside like she always did when she was around him. “I’ve missed you too baby,” she told him. “I’m sorry I haven’t been able to talk to you lately. Touring takes up majority of my day.” She heard a light wind coming on the other end of the phone as they went through a strange moment or awkward silence. “Are you outside?” “Yes. I’m sitting on the giving tree,” Michael responded. “Are you writing another song?” she asked. “Not exactly,” Michael bit the bottom of his lip, nervous of how he was to bring this up. “Um, I’m just thinking. About things in life and where they are at this moment.” Jaden sat up in the bed. She could sense that there was something on his mind and unfortunately, she had a feeling that she was a part of it. “I see. What kind of things are you thinking about?” Michael sighed. He knew he couldn’t hold back much longer. “Jade. What do you think about us? How do you think we are doing?”

Jaden began to play with her hair, which was what she did when she felt tension. She swallowed before saying. “I think we are doing fine. Why would you ask?” “I just need to know,” Michael told her. “I just think that you may not be as comfortable having to secretly dating me as you were at the beginning.” Damn. How does he read through me so well? She shamefully thought. She knew there was no way she could lie to him. “Michael, being uncomfortable with you has never been the issue. Ever. I must admit though, that our long distance relationship is wearing me down a bit. I hate not being able to see you every day and I hate that we can’t go to Dolce and have a normal dinner and I hate that we can’t take Paris and Prince to Chuck E Cheese.” She took a breath as she felt her voice get a bit shaky. “And most importantly, I hate that we can’t walk around holding hands and BE around one another in public. Honestly, I sometimes I feel like we can’t have a real relationship.”

Jaden got up and began to pace around; she worried that she had said a bit too much, but felt that it had to be said. “So the truth comes out,” Michael thought to himself. “Well, I appreciate that you are being honest with me Jade. That’s all I’ve ever asked of you. I’m sorry this is how you feel about everything. I feel the exact same way you do. I don’t know what I was thinking to ever hold you to this kind of thing. You came into my life and I fell deeply in love with you. For that, I lost all senses and I thought that somehow, someway we could make this work. That we could have the best of both worlds: our careers and our relationship.” On the other end, Jaden began to tear up; she felt where their conversation was headed and didn’t want to face that. “Michael-“ she interrupted, her voice wavering.

“No, no it’s okay Jade. I completely understand. I’m not mad at you.” Michael went on. “You’re young, talented and beautiful. You should be out there experiencing things with someone that can fulfill things that I simply can’t.” Jaden felt the tears escape her topaz eyes; she knew that what she feared was about to happen. “Michael, I love you so much. I don’t want us to break up! I don’t care about all of that other stuff; we can work through it.”

Michael too had begun to silently cry. It was all too painful to have to break up with someone he loved very much. But he knew it was for the best. “It’s for the best Jade, I promise you. We are just at two different points in our lives right now. I don’t want to have you to live in refuge anymore because you’re with me. I’ll never stop loving you and you know that.” Still in denial, Jaden asked “What about what we had together? I don’t want to lose you.” There was a long pause of silence between them. “I don’t want to just throw it all away either Jade, but I HAVE to do this. You’re one of my best friends and I don’t want that to change.” Sorrow quickly changed into anger for Jaden. “Why does everyone I love the most hurt me the worst??” she thought. “I can’t believe this is happening!!!” she yelled. “Why do you want to hurt me like this, Michael? Is it because people have hurt you just as much in the past?” Immediately, Michael pained by her words. He never would want to hurt anyone-especially the ones he loved. He knew how bad it felt “I never want to hurt you,” he told her solemnly. “You know what? Just forget you ever knew me Michael. Lose this number.” Jaden told him. With that, she hung up on him, just like she felt he had hung up on their relationship. She flopped on her bed and sobbed uncontrollably.

Back at Neverland, Michael wiped his tears as he leaned against his branch once again. For the first time in awhile, he felt completely lonely. In a perfect world, he could marry Jaden and they could be a family and have their careers. She was what he craved in a woman. However, life didn’t come like that. As much as it hurt the both of them, it was best for them to move on without each other.

Chapter 26 by MJ Fan For Life

 

Chapter 26: She Drives Me Wild: Part II

Hmm, hmm, hmm,hmmmm,hmmmm. Close to me. Oh I need you close to me. Loving me. Close to you. How I can get close to you? Help me to. Why can’t you see, I would give the world away to have you by my side. Ohhh, I’m so in need. Each and every night I pray you’ll come and save my day. I will love you till the end of time,” Jaden sung her self- written new song from the depths of her broken soul. It had been a week since she and Michael had broken up and it was still very hard for her to come into terms that they were no longer a couple. Cassie, who had been trying to get her boss and friend to cheer up, listened to her daily purge her sorrow the best way she could- through her music. “You have to get over this Jade,” she told her as they spent another restless night in a hotel. It was the last night for the tour. Instead of celebrating by going out with the crew, Jaden opted to stay in and continuously sulk. No one pressured her to come out with them. They knew that she had broken up with her boyfriend; they just didn’t know that her ex-boyfriend was the king of pop.

“I’m tryin’ Cassie. I’m really tryin’ ” Jaden objected. Her southern voice was more profound whenever she was upset. “It just doesn’t feel right; us not being together. He was one of the best things to ever happen to me. I shouldn’t have ever said that being with him wore me down. That was a stupid, idiotic mistake!” she had her forehead with the palm of her hand. Cassie sighed as she heard Jaden say the same thing over again. “Listen Jade. You were only being honest with him like you always are. He brought it up and it had to be addressed. And unfortunately, he felt that you two needed time away from each other to grow. DEAL WITH IT!!” Jaden gave her a cold stare. “I’m not forcing you to be in here with me you know. I’m tired of DEALING with things. I’ve dealt with things all of my life and when I found not only the greatest entertainer, but greatest man ever, it doesn’t work out. Cassie rolled her eyes. “Everyone gets dumped, Jade! I’m sorry it didn’t work out, but either you move on, or you go and you fix it!!” Jaden leaned against her guitar and took what was just said to her. “She’s right,” she thought. “I have to be the one to fix it!” On instinct, she popped up, rushed into the closet, grabbed a suitcase and began to fill it with a few things.

Cassie stood up once she realized what she was doing. “Where are you going?” she asked. “You’re right. I have to fix this Cassie. I can’t sit here and sulk about things when there is something I can do.” Cassie’s brown eyes widened. She didn’t really think that Jaden was truly listening to her.  “Are you sure you want to do this? What does it look like if you show up on his porch too soon?” “It’s not too soon,” Jaden replied nonchalantly. “I still have a key to Neverland. I know he’s there because he left me a message saying that he was back from the MTV awards. I just didn’t want to talk to him then.” “Jade, chica, I don’t think- Cassie began before Jaden put her hand up. “I’ve made my mind up. I’m going to get Michael back and nothing will change my mind.” She had indeed had her mind set and arranged for a private jet to fly her to California from Chicago that night.

=====================================================================

Putting her dyed brown, streaked blond hair into a ponytail, Lisa Marie put on her tightest pair of jeans and a form fitting blouse. It exposed all of her nice curves. Even after having children and aging a bit, she was still gorgeous. Things were starting to look up for her. She would be serving her divorce papers to Nicholas Cage in a few days and she would be a free woman-again. That night was a special night. She was headed to a dear old friend’s house to spend some quality time. Her friend had given her a call earlier that day, just to talk. Her friend was feeling a bit low about a breakup. Being the good (and maybe desperate and horny) friend she was, she offered to come over, to listen…or not listen if her friend didn’t want to.

Lisa rang the doorbell and let the chimes consume her ear. She hummed a little ditty as she waited to be greeted. Life was about to be good once again, she needed a little naughtiness to shake up her otherwise drab life. The door opened and there he was, wearing a red casual suit with his signature shades resting on his front, his shoulder length mane slightly rumpled, in a sexy manner. He clapped his beautiful large hands as he saw her and smiled that beautiful smile. “Michael. How are you?” Lisa said as she gave him a huge (a bit lingering) embrace; she could barely keep her self -control. “It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other.” “It has, it has,” Michael agreed as he let her in.”Are Paris and Prince around? I would love to meet them.” Lisa said “Believe it or not, I let them spend the night with Janet.” He told her. “They’ve been there before and they seem to like it, so I guess it’s okay. As long as they’re with my family.” “Well maybe I can meet them another time soon,” Lisa suggested as she sat down in the entertainment room.  Michael sat across from her, making sure the distance was respectable. “You look nice,” he told her. “Thanks. So do you,” she told him. “I see you still love your red.” Michael laughed. “Yeah, nothing looks as good as red does to me.” It felt strange for him to have another woman’s company (who was not Jaden) there. It was even stranger because it was his ex-wife who was there. He was bored and allowed Lisa to come over to get his mind off of everything.

 After more small talk, they ended up talking about the breakup between him and Jaden. He explained the reasons why he felt he had to let their relationship go. Secretly, Lisa was glad to hear the good news. She wanted him to herself and didn’t want to share. “I’m sorry Michael, but I think it was for the best,” she told him, pretending to care. “I mean, she’s young, she doesn’t know what she wants in life anyway.” “But one of the things that attracted me to her was that she was so mature and so wise. We understood each other like no one ever had.” Michael argued. “I miss her.” “Hmph this is gonna be harder than I thought,” Lisa Marie thought to herself. “Look, she’s a star now. I don’t think she would be fateful to you. She’s in the past. You should think about the now.” On cue, Lisa got up and began to massage Michael’s shoulders. “Now is all that matters babe.” She repeated. Mesmerized and confused, Michael allowed his ex- wife (who was still legally married) to massage his back and his shoulder and kiss his neck. He allowed her to grab his head toward her, give him a false sense of assurance and he allowed her to kiss him. It didn’t feel right to him anymore. Also he felt like he was betraying Jaden, even though they broke up. He just didn’t have any feelings for Lisa Marie anymore. But he allowed her to do it anyway……

=====================================================================

Jaden excitedly got off of the plane, got into her rented Range Rover and drove toward Neverland. Her mind was fixed on mending her and Michael’s relationship and she was determined to fix everything between the two of them. “Once he sees me and we talk, we’ll be able to find the solutions to everything,” she said aloud to herself. Things couldn’t possibly be over, not if she had anything to do with it.

She pulled up into Neverland that evening and got her things out of the car. She decided to keep her wardrobe classy but simple, a long Dolce& Gabana white sundress with patent leather thong sandals. Her beautiful wavy hair fell down her shoulders naturally. She got out her key, and shook as she opened the door and stepped in. For the first time, she felt the nervousness take over her. She walked throughout the mansion, without any workers around. It was the weekend and they only worked if Michael needed them. “Michael?” she called out. “Baby, are you here? It’s me, Jade. I couldn’t help it. I had to see you.” She continued to walk around looking. “I’m sure he’s in the entertainment room,” she thought as she headed that way.

=====================================================================

Meanwhile, Lisa became so hot and heavy on him, that he mistook Jaden’s presence to be an illusion. “I have to stop, I can hear Jaden in my head,” he thought. “Besides this isn’t right. It’s not fair and it’s not right.” He pulled away from Lisa. “Lisa, we need to stop,” he told her. “You’re married and I’m just getting out of a relationship. This wouldn’t be fair to neither of us.” Lisa pushed him back on the couch. “Fuck all of that Michael,” she swore at him. “Just live in the moment! It’s okay not to do the right thing sometimes you know.” He knew she didn’t mean that. He knew she was hurt too and was trying to find ways to mask her pain from her ailing love life. “Lisa just stop okay?” he told her. “We shouldn’t do this and you know it.” Lisa looked at him and smirked. “So you really want me to stop huh?” before she allowed him to answer, she kissed him again; he began to pull away………

…….“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE???” a angry voice said. The two of them looked up to see an angry looking Jaden stand before them with a suitcase in her hand. A look a shock greeted them. Michael got up and walked toward her. “Jade, it’s not what you think.” Lisa got up and crossed her arms. “Yes it is! Get lost,” she told her. Michael furiously turned to Lisa Marie. “LISA! Stop it!! You’ve caused enough trouble already!” Before he could get back to Jaden, she began to walk backwards. “Jade, please.” Michael told her as he reached for her. “Oh my God, don’t you touch me!!!” Jaden yelled at him as tears streamed down her face. “I know we weren’t together, but so soon? And with Lisa, your ex-wife of all people? How could you?” “It’s not what you think it is. Please believe me Jade, I never meant for any of that to happen-“You were kissing her Michael!!!” Jaden screamed at the top of her lungs. “I came back to talk to you, to patch things up. But I guess you were patching things up with another person. I didn’t mean to inconvenience you two. Carry on!” She walked outside back to her car with Michael following in close pursuit. He had never felt so ashamed and embarrassed in his life- and that was saying a lot considering all he had been thorough in his celebrity life.

“Jade, please. Just let me explain everything. I love you. I don’t love Lisa. Please.” Jaden ignored him and got into her car, started it and rolled down her window. “You know, you’re just like every other man. You’re stabbed me in the back and you probably told me you loved me so you could sleep with me.” she wanted him to pain like she did. It worked indeed because Michael felt horrible. “That’s not true Jade. What I feel for you is all pure and real.” “I trusted you! I never want to see you again!” Jaden said as she ignored his comments. With that she sped off leaving the only man she ever loved behind. Lisa came outside, slightly feeling remorseful for being the cause of their drama. “I’m gonna leave now,” she told him. Michael turned and gave her a look that could kill. “I think you should,” he simply told her and walked away from her. He went back into his house feeling alone, guilty, and anguished. He knew he had lost Jaden for good this time and there wasn’t a thing he could do.
=====================================================================

Jaden drove for hours back to L.A. as the mental picture of Michael and Lisa replayed over and over. She didn’t have a sense of what she was doing or where she was going, but she needed to do something to make herself feel better. Or better yet, she needed something to make her feel even. She knew the UMG social was going on that night so she decided to go to that. As she arrived in the building, many of her label mates greeted her, glad she came. She stood around and mindlessly drank numerous flutes of Cristal and countless shots to numb her of her pain. She didn’t give a damn about herself or what anyone had to say at that moment. By the time Devin made an appearance to the party, Jaden was dancing on top of a table with a couple of other drunken guest. Her reputation of being a classy artist was in sheer jeopardy. “Jaden?” he questioned. He recognized his client and immediately grabbed her off of the table. “Are you drunk??” he asked her. “You never get drunk.” Jaden put her hands on her hips. “So freaking what?” she slurred. “I’m having a good time.” With that, she grabbed him and kissed him. Not exactly what he pictured a kiss with her would be like, he pushed her back. “What is wrong with you?” he asked her with concern. This wasn’t the sweet, dashing swan he was used to “You know you’ve always wanted me!” Jaden slurred. “So just do me already!” “Did something happen between you and Michael?” he asked. It had to be the only reason that drove her to act a completely different person. Even through her drunkenness, hearing his name gave her a rush of emotions. “So what if we had? What’s it to you anyway?!” she challenged him.

All of a sudden, Shawty Q, the rapper everyone on the label loved to hate, made his appearance. When he saw Jaden, he zeroed in on her and could tell that she was drunk. Devin had went to go get her some water to somehow sober her up. He was very worried about her. “Easy target!” he thought to himself. He always wanted her and tonight would be the night. He walked over and put his arms around her. “Hey beautiful. What you got going on for the rest of the night?” he asked. Jaden shrugged like a child.” I don’t know” she slurred. “How about you and me have a little party of my own in my hotel room babydoll. We can make a collaboration, if ya know what I’m sayin’?” Not having a care (or sense) in the world, she shrugged her shoulders. “Whatever you want to do” she told the womanizing rapper. With that, Shawty Q whisked Jaden away from the party. A few seconds later, Devin came back with the water to find that Jaden wasn’t there anymore. He looked around and asked for her, but no one knew where she went. He hoped that Cassie or somebody saw her and took her to safety. He promised himself to give her a call in the morning.

=====================================================================

The next morning Jaden awoke with a massive headache and nausea. She wondered how she was in a foreign bed. She heard a snore next to her. “Michael??” she asked, a bit delusional. “Wait a minute. Michael doesn’t snore” she thought to herself. She turned over to see Shawty Q laying next to her and immediately sat up. She was half naked and instantly felt dirty. “Oh my God, please tell me that I didn’t sleep with him. Please.” She looked over and saw a used condom on the floor. “No, no!!” she said to herself. She got up, found her sundress and other belongings and put them on. On her way out she looked at herself. Her hair was matted, bags were under her beautiful eyes and her makeup smeared. This was not the woman she had become or wanted to be. This was not Jaden at all. It looked like her drunken, abusive mother.  Suddenly, she ran into the restroom and spewed her disgust into the toilet. She was hung over, ashamed and felt repugnance. After she finally finished she called a cab and dashed downstairs before Shawty Q could wake up. Thankfully she was able to get into a cab with very few people around. “Where to miss?” the cab driver calmly asked. “Get me to the furthest hotel away from here,” was all she could muster up to say. The unusually cold, rainy day in Los Angeles set a good background into what she felt at that moment. She only could remember bits and pieces of the prior night, but she knew that she was intoxicated and had gone off to have sex with Shawty Q.

 She wanted to mask her pain from Michael hurting her.

Now she knew that she ended up hurting her own self more than anything else.

 She pretended to be someone she was not and now she had to pay dearly for it.

And the worst thing for her to accept was that her hopes of being with Michael Jackson, the love of her life, had vanished. One mistake after the next.

*END OF PART I*

Chapter 27 by MJ Fan For Life

*PART II*
*BACK TO PRESENT DAY*
Oh my Lord. So many emotions are running through me right now as I spill everything out. I haven’t even told you everything and yet, it already seems like there’s so much that Michael and I went through together. I’m beyond emotional right now as tears continuously flow out of my weary eyes.

I now wish that somehow, I could have been more empathetic to him and took the time to understand where HE was coming from. And I wished that I was mature enough to allow him to understand where I was coming from. If we could have talked about it and had been more mature in our actions, then I’m sure everything would have worked out fine between us and time never would have been lost.

But, it didn’t happen that way. It was a long time before I saw Michael again. So much had changed between the two of us. It’s a shame that an event in his life that was so disgusting, so belittling, so outrageous, and so…… distorting was the one thing that reunited us. It definitely was a time where it tested faith, strength and eventually, love…………


Chapter 27: Not so happy facts
*Around Late 2004*


Two years passed between Michael and Jaden. A lot happened in the two star’s separate lives. Some for the better and unfortunately, some for the worst.

Jaden, who was now 26, had time to mature and grow in the right direction. The entire incident that she had with Shawty Q extremely humiliated her and her breakup with Michael emotionally drained her. Thankfully, Shawty Q had kept his mouth shut and no one ever found out about their unfortunate rendezvous. On top of that, Jaden knew that she had to stop avoiding her estranged mother and one day face all of her past demons head on. For that, she asked UMG for some personal time off. The record label couldn’t say no to their top selling, award -winning artist and obliged to her request. The only exception was that she didn’t let the media in on thinking that something was wrong with her life. Jaden agreed; she understood how the media could make a big deal out of the tiniest detail and she didn’t want her fans to think that anything was wrong with her. It was important to keep her image as positive as possible.

With that in mind, Jaden went away on a much needed vacation. She had always wanted to go to Africa, Europe, and Japan to see her roots so it was an opportune time to go and get her mind off of everything. The trip was therapeutic in every way imaginable; she went to every historic site possible and took in the rich details. As much as she loved to perform, it was nice to be able to relax and not be the center of attention. She also got to relax peacefully and most importantly, get her thoughts together. As she lay many nights in different countries alone, she came to the conclusion that she was not as happy as she should have been because things weren’t settled in her life. She had lost the only man she ever loved in Michael Jackson and realized that she indeed had overreacted when she saw him with Lisa Marie that night. She knew Michael was a very sincere person and deep down she knew he would never hurt her in any way.

When Jaden finally came back to California, she became good friends with another musical artist on UMG named Sabrina. She was a very earthy, tall, dark-skinned woman with natural beauty who was popular with the acoustic crowd. One night, the two went for dinner and Jaden spilled out everything that was going on with her. She could no longer keep it all to herself and Sabrina gave off an aurora that she was a trustworthy person. Indeed she was and didn’t have anything ill to say about her dating Michael Jackson. She didn’t judge her; she only listened and gave her sound advice by telling her that although she couldn’t change her past, she could do something about the present. Jaden took that to heart applied it to her life from that day forth. She also began to read the Bible more, attend a church and become more spiritually in touch with God again. Slowly, Jaden began to heal inside and forgive herself for the mistakes in her past. Her career continued to grow, as she wrote more music and came out with more singles and collaborations. However, the best thing for her was realizing that she was being selfish for not sharing her blessings with others. For that, she began to pour her free time into charity work. She worked a lot with helping children and even established a camp for the underprivileged to come to in California and her home state of Missouri. It felt empowering and worthwhile to bring smiles on children’s faces and she now understood why Michael felt it was so important to work with kids. They are the future after all. Slowly, but surely she became a much stronger, positive, radiant woman and musical artist that many had come to respect.

As for Michael, time seemed to be both kind and cruel for him. He was able to experience the joy of being a father again, welcoming to the world another son Prince Michael II, known to everyone as Blanket. There were no ties with the surrogate mother; it was mutually agreed that way. Either way, Michael was extremely proud to be a father. It took quite some time to move past his guilt and hurt over Jaden. He never wanted things to end up the way it did, especially because he loved and missed her very much. However he had to let go of her because he knew that he had a life and a career and most importantly, family to live for. He came to terms that perhaps God didn’t think he needed a companion in his life. Maybe there was a reason why he always felt like he was married to his fans and career. “Maybe” was all he could conclude about everything.

While Michael began to enjoy life with his family and children, he was convinced by a friend to let the world see how he really was as person. Famed British journalist Martin Bashir wanted to do a documentary on him. The way he pitched it to him seemed safe enough; he wanted to hang around him in his daily life and have no questions off the limit. After thinking about it for a few days, Michael agreed. He knew that he didn’t have anything to hide and if it helped his friend, the late Princess Diana’s image, then maybe people could see him for who he really was for once.

Unfortunately, it became a big mistake. Bashir followed him around for eight months, interrogated him, met his children and interacted closer than anyone in media ever had. Michael didn’t see the completed documentary until it actually played on television and was shocked to see all of the negativity poured into it. Bashir had painted the picture that he was a disturbed, strange individual who lived in his own little bubble and who seemed to have an obsession with children. There were plenty of scenes that were left out where Bashir praised him endlessly for being a great, normal caring father and humanitarian. None of this was shown on television. To top things off, the media had a ruckus about how he allegedly “dangled” baby Blanket over the balcony, calling him an unfit father. It was an honest mistake as Michael got excited that he fans wanted to see him and didn’t mean to have the baby so close to the edge. He knew that he had a tight grip over his son, but of course it was hard to believe that in the media’s evil eyes. Because of all these things, Michael and his PR crew had to go into overtime try to correct these images that the media once again planted into people. He also did his own image cleaning by releasing personal home videos and commenting on them for a television special. He could only hope doing these things would change the way people viewed him.

Just as he thought 2003 couldn’t get any worse, the most painful, unthinkable thing happened to him. It was unreal. It was absolutely untrue and it felt like Déjà vu all over again. It was the infamous trial that had him once again on the media pedestal as an alleged child mo!estation. He opened his home to the Arrizo family after meeting him through Chris Tucker. One of the children, Gavin Arrizo had cancer and Michael reached out to he and his family in their time of need by allowing them to stay at the Neverland, allowing them to have privileges, and showering them with love. Soon, Gavin was cancer free and even appeared on the ill- fated documentary with him holding his hand and saying nothing but praises to Bashir. However, things went south very quickly when the family took advantage of Michael’s kindness and innocence and accused him of doing sexual activities to Gavin.
It was quite clear that money was this family’s motivation

Soon after, the police came in and raided his house to find evidence of any suspicious activity of him mo!esting Gavin. Confused, belittled and afraid of what was going on, Michael turned himself in to the authorities. From that point on, he was facing what was turning out to be the most tragic, haunting thing in his life. Michael knew he had made the big mistake of telling Bashir that he let children sleep in his bed (while he slept on the floor) as a gesture of hospitality. He, everyone who knew him, and his fans and supporters all knew that Michael would never have the mind frame the desire or the motive to ever hurt a child. He saw the eyes of God in them, he could sometimes relate to them… but that was the only extent of intimacy he would ever have or think about.

Now he was facing numerous acts of charges for something that he never would have ever thought of doing to a beloved child. Again. He knew that he could not get rid of this nasty accusation by paying them like he had to years ago with another greedy family. He had to do the trial, to prove once and for all that he was and always had been innocent. And maybe, just maybe, somehow people would leave him alone. He just hated the fact that the media would eat him alive once and for all. He hated that he had to go through a wild, crazy trail and spend countless amounts of money to ensure his innocence. And worst of all, he hated that he had to put his family, especially his young children, through the embarrassment of what he was going through.

As the time for the trial became closer, he began to worry himself sick- both physically and emotionally. He couldn’t help but think that he was in danger of being proven guilty somehow- if the jury bought into the lies. He began to lose sleep and started worried about everything- especially what would happen to Paris, Prince, and Blanket if he was incarcerated. Even so, he knew that he also had to put on his brave face for the kids and not let them know that anything was wrong. In the day time, he made sure to go about things normally. The daily schooling and reading went about as usual and the occasional evening treats of going for ice cream, movies, or popcorn were the continued norm. After he tucked them in at night, he would say a prayer, cry a bit from the physical and emotional pain, then straighten himself up and meet up with his legal team. He was thankful for such a good legal team and he appreciated the love, strength, and support that his family and friends gave him on a daily basis. However, he still somehow felt that he was alone in the whole thing. He felt that no one could feel the pain and sorrow that he was feeling; he hated feeling that way because he was at his best when he was happy. Although Elizabeth Taylor, Chris Tucker, and a few others were there with him, he knew someone who was once very important to him was missing. And he knew that he needed her more than ever before.

Chapter 28 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 28: I’ll be there


Jaden had a girl’s night with her new best friends, Cassie and Sabrina. The two of them had become an integral part of her life and were there whenever she needed them. After a full day of shopping the three gorgeous women retreated back to Jaden’s new 1.5 million “home”. It was a bi-level house close to the California coast with a eclectic feel to it. She loved it and decorated everything herself. She still couldn’t believe how blessed she was to have made so much money doing what she always wanted to do- entertain people through her music.

As the three ladies collapsed on the couch, stuffing their faces like the beautiful, down-to earth homegirls they were, Jaden’s younger brother Joshua greeted them. Another part of Jaden’s personal metamorphosis was that she contacted and reunited with her brothers. It was fulfilling for her to have the two of them back in her life. They a huge piece of her life and she was remorseful for putting them in the backburner like she did. Fortunately, they understood where she was coming from and the three siblings established the close relationship they once had. Justin, her eldest brother, was married and settled back in Missouri but he and his family came to see Jaden as much as possible. Jaden was so proud of both he and Josh, who had just graduated culinary school and allowed her 23 year old kid brother to stay with her while he got his plans and life together. There was plenty of room, after all and she enjoyed his company.

“What are you ladies up to tonight??” he asked as he flopped on the other sofa and cut on the television. “Absolutely nothing, thank God!” Jaden declared. “I don’t know about you two, but I am gonna enjoy my break before I go back into the studio, as much as I am looking forward to that.” “You deserve it. It seems like if you’re not involved with music, you’re working with your charities,” Cassie told her. “I can’t help it! Working with these charities and with kids just seem to make what I’m doing worthwhile.” Jaden declared. “I know what you mean,” Sabrina told her, stretching her 5’10 frame across the couch. “If artists these days would think more about someone else and less about themselves, the music world would be in a much better shape. It’s too many selfish people in this industry.” “You’ve got that right,” Jaden agreed. “Child mo!estation charges?” Joshua interrupted.

He turned up the volume to CNN and they all focused in. “Breaking news, Pop-star Michael Jackson is being charged with counts of child mo!estation to a minor,” Anderson Cooper reported on the screen. As the famed reporter went on with details, Jaden immediately felt sick to her stomach. All of her emotions came back for him and she knew right then in and there that she still loved him very much. There was no doubt in her mind that all of this was a lie. And she knew exactly who the accusers were.

A few minutes later, Josh turned the station and everyone became silent, not knowing what to say next. Finally, Josh spoke up. “You dated him sis. Do you think he would ever do anything like that?” “Hell no!!!!” Jaden blurted out, surprised at how angry she sounded. “Michael would never, ever, ever, ever, ever hurt anyone- ESPECIALLY a child. I know who did this to him. I remember the boys and their mother. She always seemed like she was up to no good, demanding things like she was entitiled to Michael’s kindness. And the boys. I remember some of the staff members complaining that they were poking around in Michael’s personal things and doing things they had no business doing.” She took a deep, shaky breath as she stood up.

“I know what they are doing. They’re trying to get money from him, just like that crazy family did years ago. I can’t believe my baby- I mean he, Michael, is even on trial for this bull****! He was too nice, always so generous and I tried to tell him, but he insisted that he did these things for a reason. He had good points and he taught me what giving back means, but people always can stab you in the back” She felt tears come in her eyes as she felt for him.
“He can’t go to jail, not for something I KNOW he didn’t do” She went on. “He has the kids to worry about, his career, and his life. What’s gonna happen to him?” Josh placed his arm around his sister and sat her down next to him on the couch. “Look, you’ve probably spent the most intimate time with him, more than anybody else so I bet you are right about his innocence,” he told her. Jaden shook her head. “I feel sooooo much for him right now,” she said. “I can’t even imagine what he is going through.”

“So what are you gonna do about it?” Cassie spoke up. “What do you mean? Should I say something?” Jaden asked. “Of course!” Cassie and Sabrina yelled. “There’s no secret that you still love him, whether you want to or not,” Sabrina told her. “You have to be there and support him, even if that means you come forth as a witness for him.” Jaden sat silently taking it all in. She’s right. I have to do whatever it takes, she thought to herself. “Yeah, you’re right,” she finally told her. “I need to do this for him. I do still love him and I don’t want him to suffer.”

Jaden got up and began to pace the floor. “But what about UMG? Would they support my decision? And I’m sure Devin won’t be thrilled with me telling the world that I used to date Michael Jackson.” Cassie shrugged. “You can’t please everybody, and you know that. You’ve got to do what you feel is right.” “And whatever you do, we support you sis,” Josh assured her. Jaden knew that she had to not only speak up for Michael, she had to put her shame and pride aside and be there for him. If he would let her be there for him at least.

They didn’t end on good terms after all. I don’t even know if he wants to see me, she admitted to herself. But….it’s still worth trying .She flipped back to the news channel and took in the sick information that the media revealed. There was a debate between some media “experts” on why he could or could not be guilty. Jaden shook her head. “No matter what, I have to reach out to him.” She declared out loud. “I don’t know how I’m going to, but I do know I can’t let him go through this alone.”

Chapter 29 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 29: Where the heart is



Jaden spent two days thinking of how she would approach the entire situation. She knew she had to be smart about her tactics or everything could backfire. Most importantly, she didn’t want to jeopardize Michael’s chances of winning this ridiculous trail. She finally came to the conclusion that she was going to have to dive in head first to make any progress, and it started by talking to Michael’s main lawyer, Tom Mesereau. As she sat by her pool on a sunny afternoon, she finally gathered up the nerve to contact him. Please God, just please let this all work out, she prayed as her phone rang. Jaden knew that she was going to be in some major media time and that she could possibly get into trouble with UMG for both defending and admitting to have dated Michael. However, nothing mattered more to her than preserving her love’s innocence. Even if they were not together, she felt like it was her duty to do whatever she had to for him. It was a sacrifice that she was willing to take.

Finally, a receptionist picked up. “Who would you like to speak to?” the receptionist asked. Jaden took a deep breath before saying, “Yes. Jaden K. Ross for Mister Thomas Mesereau please.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael was close to being in shambles. It was becoming closer to the trail date, and he would have to start making his appearances in court. He shuddered at the thought of facing the menacing media and worst of all, having to see the Arrizo family. He wasn’t sure if he would be strong enough to look at the woman who was the mastermind of his personal tragedy. Like that afternoon, if he wasn’t with the children, he stayed outside a lot. He took long walks around his house, trying to gather his thoughts, fears, and prayers together. The fresh air seemed to be one of only a few things to keep his sanity these days. He startled himself when his phone rang. He looked at his ID and saw that his lawyer, Tom Mesereau was calling him. The only times he called between their meetings was if he had any new information to give him. He prayed it was something worthwhile.

After they greeted each other with small talk, Tom Mesereau cut to the chase. It was one of the many things Michael really liked about this successful, savy attorney. “Michael, boy I have news for you. I don’t even know where to begin.” Michael sighed anticipating another lie the family had conjured up. “My God, what now?” he muttered. “If you can confirm this is true, this will REALLY help your case,” Tom told him as he rubbed his temples and took off his glasses. “This just seems to be very bizarre…. Michael, did you ever date the singer Jade???” Michael stopped walking immediately. Was this some kind of trick or was this really her? “Well….why do you ask?” he questioned him. He didn’t want to confirm the truth until he found out what the motives were. “Because, Jade, Jaden K. Ross to be exact called me earlier today to tell me that the two of you dated. And during that time, she spent a significant amount of time with you and the children at Neverland. While she was there, she confided that the Arrizos where there also and she witnessed the conspicuous behavior firsthand.” He took a bated breath before going on. “If this is true, this could help make your case that much stronger! Especially if she’s got any evidence such as pictures or any significant document.

Michael couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He couldn’t believe that his ex-girlfriend, the lady that he still loved by the way, was willing to help him like this. It was mainly his fault that the two of them had not spoken to her for nearly two years after all. The news brought tears to his eyes. “Michael, sir, are you still there?” Tom Mesereau asked him. Michael cleared his throat and quickly got his composure together. “Yes. Yes I still am.” He told him. “And to answer your question…. Yes. We did date for awhile.” “Wow. Okay….. okay,” Tom slowly said as he took detailed notes. “If she complies like she said she would, this can push your case into an even more positive direction.” Michael exhaled, his already emotional insides suddenly fluttered with nervousness and anticipation. “Really? You think so?” he asked. “Michael, anytime you have someone who has experienced something this first hand, it can only do nothing but help you.” Tom assured him. “The thing that we have to worry about, is how the media will eat this like a number one combo at Burger King. The King of Pop having dated the princess of pop and the fact that she has only said something about it now is going to be the talk of the outlets. But I think that this is a fair sacrifice for everything.”

Michael felt bad for Jaden. The worst thing he feared for them in their relationship would be coming true. I have to talk to her before we go through with anything, he thought to himself. “I’m okay with this happening.” Michael spoke up. “But first, I have to talk to her. I have to make sure about a few things. I want to make sure she’s in it for the right reasons and that she knows what she is getting herself into.” And I just need to really see her, he added to himself. “Fair enough,” Tom responded. “As a matter of fact we are meeting up at my office tomorrow around one. If you are up for it, come on over and the three of us can talk about everything.” Michael nodded as he rubbed his hands together. “Yes, I would like that very much. God bless you.” “No problem. See you then.” Tom told him.

After they hung up, Michael sat down to let everything sink in. Tomorrow he would be meeting with Jaden for the first time in a long time. It was unfortunate that it had to be in this circumstance for that to happen. He well knew that all things happened for a reason. He hoped this time it would for a good one.

Chapter 30 by MJ Fan For Life
Author's Notes:

I would love to hear back from you guys about the direction of this!

Chapter 30: Smile


The next day, Jaden prepared herself to meet up with Tom Mesereau and most importantly Michael. When Tom informed her that Michael would be joining them for the meeting, her heart jumped a bit. It wasn’t as if she didn’t expect to never see Michael. It was far from it. She just didn’t know that it would happen so fast. As she pulled up into the lavish law office, thoughts of doubt crept into her mind. Am I sure that I’m doing the right thing? She cautiously pondered. Jaden was putting a lot on the line, especially her career. But then she knew she would feel ten times worse if Michael was proven guilty. If I have the power to help him, I’m gonna do it. No matter what. His innocence meant more to her than anything else.

She sashayed into the law office of Mesereau &Yu, LLP, donning a business casual outfit of dress pants, a nice white blouse with a brown blazer, and plain dark brown pumps. She pinned her hair up into a flawless bun. Jaden didn’t know whether she over or underdressed but Cassie and Sabrina assured that was the best look to go for. Either way, she still looked beautiful and elegant. “Ms. Ross? Is that you?” a male voice said. Jaden turned around and came face to face with Tom Mesereau. “Yes. Mr. Mesereau, hi.” She greeted him as she shook his hand and immediately felt at ease. By the way their phone conversations went and the older gentlemen’s kind, concerned eyes, she somehow knew that she could trust him. “Call me Jade please by the way.” Tom gave her a small smile. “Alright, Jade. Let’s go in my office so we can talk in private.” Jade caught a few people, mainly employees, glaring at her. Most were probably surprised that a celebrity like her came in the middle of the day like that. Once they went into his office, he insisted that Jaden take a seat at one of his lush leather chairs.

“Make yourself comfortable. I’m having the receptionist to bring some refreshments soon and Michael should be here very shortly,” Tom told her. He couldn’t help but be slightly mesmerized by the music star’s beauty. He secretly wondered how her and Michael crossed paths. “Do you have any bodyguards?” he asked. “Do you feel safe enough to walk by yourself all of the time?” Jaden couldn’t help but laugh. “Well Mr. Mesereau-“ “-Call me Tom as well,” he cut in. “Tom, I do have them. But only if I’m going somewhere widely public. I didn’t think I would need them for here though.” “Oh I see, make sense.” He chuckled at his lame attempt of small talk. “Well I have to tell you that I really appreciate you taking time to come down here. And for sacrificing a lot personally to help Michael and this trial. However, if all goes well, this could make this case even more foolish as it already is.”

Jaden crossed her arms. “Well that’s all I want for him. For Michael. I care about him a lot and his children. I’m afraid for him and I want everything to be okay.” Tom sat up and looked her in the eyes. “You know Jade, if there were more people who were there for him like you have and will be, maybe things wouldn’t have even got this far.” Just as Jaden was about to speak the receptionist informed him that Michael was on his way in. “I know that is going to be tough, but are you ready?” he asked her. Jaden paused as she anticipated Michael coming. “I’ve never been more ready for anything in a long time,” she told him
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael came in with a couple of his bodyguards in tow. There was no way he could leave home without having them. Once he laid his eyes on Jaden, he cleared his throat trying to get the lump that was forming in his throat to go away. Always true to her word, his ex-girlfriend was there waiting for him. Jaden smiled at him, not knowing what else to do. In his eyes, she had gotten a more mature look and was even more beautiful than before. He didn’t think that could be possible but it was. He smiled back.

“Jaden… how are you?? It’s been a while.” Jaden nodded “Yes it has.” She noticed that he had lost weight and looked a bit tired, but otherwise he was still gorgeous and well put together. She couldn’t take it anymore. She got up and gave him the biggest embrace possible. As the two were locked in each other’s arms, all of their feelings about each other rushed back. Without saying a word, they both knew that they still loved and had deep inclination for one another. It was a familiar place of intimacy to have that physical touch; they both missed that very much.

When they finally let go, neither of them didn’t notice that their eyes were filled with tears. They laughed it off as Jaden and Michael wiped them off with tissue. Like a proud father, Tom looked on. He could tell that the two of them had a very serious, intimate relationship just from his keen observation. Michael looked at Jaden. “Jaden I know I didn’t really get to tell you before, but I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart. I’m sorry about not fighting for what we had and I’m sorry about the last time we saw each other. I didn’t deal with anything right.”

Jaden ran her finger across his chiseled cheeks. “Michael, it’s okay. Really. I’m sorry too. I didn’t hear you out and I didn’t handle the situation in a mature way. And most of all, I’m sorry that you’re going through all of this turmoil for no reason at all. That’s why I’m here, to help in any way that I can. Even if I have to testify, so be it. We’re in this together.”

Michael was dumbfounded by what all she had just said. He couldn’t believe how blessed he was to have someone so special, so caring, and compassionate back in his life. “I don’t even know what to say Jade. I don’t deserve your kindness and friendship.” Jaden took his hand into hers; it was still a perfect fit. “Michael, I know your family and friends have been there for you. We’re all here for you. And I want to do as much as I am able to make sure you get this thing over with as soon as possible.” Michael sincerely looked her in her eyes. “I love you,” he told her. Jaden gave him a small smile. “I love you more,” she teased as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. If they never became a couple again, at least the two of them confirmed that their friendship would endure for a lifetime. It was something to smile about.

Chapter 31 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 31: Leave Me Alone
For the next few days Tom Mesereau reviewed, strategized and coached Jaden on how to handle her claims to the judge. PR specialist Raymone Bain gave her tips on how to deal with the media’s questions. She felt ready to take on anything thrown at her.

Media and news outlets already received news that Jaden was an alliance for Michael’s case. It was a growing hot topic on television and in magazines. People were shocked to find out that Jaden had dated Michael in secret. This added even more fire to the interest of the trial as people could not stop talking about the music superstar and his music star lover. Many were surprised to find out that Michael truly had interest in attractive women. Others speculated on how the billed “two unlikely specimen” were once together.

Whenever Jaden turned on the television or listened to the radio, it didn’t shock her one bit about the things that were being said about them. It was well expected and she had already prepared herself for the backlash well ahead of time. As long as she had her friends and family by her side, she knew she would make it through everything just fine. However, her star reputation was the least thing she worried about; she was concerned about Michael’s well being.

As for Devin, he hadn’t really talked to Jaden in quite awhile. Although he was still her manager, he had spent a significant less amount of time with her and more with the three new clients that UMG allowed him to handle. It was a tougher task working with the two singers and one rapper. They simply did not possess the huge talents that Jaden had; however, he would try to make it work at all costs because he was determined to become the decade’s version of Quincy Jones.

One night at home, he settled down on his couch with a cold beer. He wanted to catch up on the L.A. Lakers since he finally seemed to have some free time. As he flipped through the channels, he came to Fox News, where the news anchors were discussing how Jaden would help Michael’s case and how the two ever ending up dating. He immediately sat up, astounded by what he just heard. “Tell me I just did not see what I am seeing?” He asked himself out loud. He knew all about what happened to Michael, but he never dreamed that Jaden would involve herself in it. As far as he knew (or cared to know), he thought that Jaden had gotten over her past with Michael. “I can’t believe this!? Does she know how much trouble she’s getting herself into?” Devin put his head on his hand in disbelief. His biggest, first and by far most successful client always had him worried. Whenever she did something out of line, it was always done in a big fashion.

He immediately whipped out his cell phone and shot Jaden a message

Devin: Man oh man, all I have to say is that I HOPE you know what you are doing.

A few minutes later, Jaden wrote him back.

Jaden: Yes Devin, I know exactly what I am doing. I’m helping out someone I love through a time of need. Is that too much for you to handle?

Devin: No. If that person was your aunt, or your mother, or your friend. BUT NOT YOUR *****ING PAST LOVER WHO JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE KING OF POP!

Devin: Everyone knows your dirty laundry now and they won’t let you live it down just so you know

Jaden: You know what? I could care less. Don’t you think I’ve already thought about all of these things? I’m not backing down if that’s what you want me to do. I know I can handle the media and anyone else. I’m gonna be there with my “dirty laundry” regardless of what anyone says.

Devin: Sometimes you can shoot your own self in the foot Jaden. UMG will probably be calling the BOTH of us first thing in the morning. You could be in a lot of trouble for this.

Jaden: ??????? I think the REAL fans will stick by me through it all Devin. If not, then maybe I’m not cracked up to be in this business. Maybe I’ll just walk away from it.

Devin took a huge sip from his frothy beer. He didn’t expect her to throw that kind of curveball at him. She was his biggest commission after all. However, he slowly realized that she meant business about what she was doing. And there was no way to get around it but to accept it and roll with the punches.

A few minutes later, he wrote her back.

Devin: You are one stubborn woman Jaden Kimoria Ross. But, I have to accept what you are doing. However, you are on your own with Charlie and UMG.

Jaden: All I ask is for your respect. I would do the same thing if it were you. Just let me have this Dev. Michael means a lot to me and it hurts me badly when I see him hurt like this. I have to do it.

Devin softened up inside. He had to admit; he admired her integrity. Her heart was definitely in the right place. Devin knew as a manager , he would have to loosen his reign a bit when his clients made personal choices. He would be learning this lesson in a huge way, starting with Jaden. He finally came to terms that it was something that he would have to live with.

Devin: I respect your decision Jade. I don’t agree with it, but I do respect it. I’ll be here for you whenever you need me. We will figure out a way to break it to UMG tomorrow.

Jaden: Thank you Dev . That means a lot to hear that from you. I’ll be fine so don’t worry too much.
Devin: I won’t hon. Good night. Get some rest, you’re gonna need as much as you can get.

The next day, Devin and Jaden talked to Charlie Kline and Karen Douglas about what was going out with the case. They weren’t happy campers about the whole thing and worried that Jaden’s involvement could tarnish her reputation. However, Devin convinced the two head honchos that this could also be good publicity for the label as a high profile matter could boast sales for UMG. The two somehow fell for his pitch and began to conjure up ways of how they could benefit from Jaden’s extra attention. Although grateful for the way Devin stepped up, Jaden cared less on what they did. She began to focus on everything that lay ahead in the near future.

Chapter 32 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 32: You are not alone


It was the day before the trial, and Michael was beginning to feel the pressure amount on him. He wasn’t sure if he could handle everything that was about to happen. People would be sitting in the stands, making up lies and grimy details of what he allegedly did to the Arrizo children. It didn’t help matters that Tom Snedden was the biggest jack ass District attorney that ever existed. It seemed that the man had a personal vendetta against Michael and craved to find ways to put him behind bars for many years. Although it wasn’t the first person whom he experienced evil intentions with, he didn’t understand why one man had built up so much hate against him. He had never met the guy until the 1993 incident. Perhaps he didn’t take lightly to the song that Michael put out about him on his HIStory album, which he cleverly called D.S. Either way, it would not be a pleasant sight to see his demonic, greedy face on daily basis.

Although his mother Katherine and father Joe had volunteered to stay the night with him, he insisted that she go and get some rest. He put up as good of a front as possible, telling them that he was okay and would try to take a couple of sleeping pills to try to get some sleep that night. He didn’t want to worry about him so much that it took any physical tolls on them, especially his mother. He felt bad enough for putting them and his siblings through his case. This was not his idea of a happy family get together.

Soon everyone had gone for the night, promising that they would be back the following morning. Michael soon felt alone again; it certainly wasn’t an unfamiliar emotion, but he didn’t want to experience that at that moment. Not in front of his children most importantly, nor for the strength he had to rally up for the trial. However, just like clockwork, he got a call from Jaden. She called to check on how he was copying with everything as she always did ever since they had their reunion.

Michael couldn’t help but to crack a smile. He was grateful to have her back in his life again; it allowed some sort of normalcy back into his torn life. “Jade, would you like to come over?” he asked her. “I’m very restless and I can’t stop thinking about everything. I just need some company really.” “Sure,” Jaden told him. “I’m not doing anything else and I want to see you and the kids. If you want, I’ll even spend the night so I can be there with you and your family on the way to court.” A feeling of butterflies fluttered inside of him. He smiled at the flashback he had of when he had first invited Jaden over to his house and eventually into his life. It was good to have that back again, if not only for only something else to think about.

“Absolutely, I would really love that,” he finally told her.

A couple of hours later, Jaden arrived wearing sweatpants, snickers, a t-shirt, and a cap while carrying an overnight bag. She didn’t need any extra attention focused on her from any lurking paparazzi. She jumped into his arms, glad to see him and asked where the children where. Michael led her into the playroom where the nanny Grace was with them. “Jadie!!!” Paris, Blanket and Prince affectionately greeted her. “I’ve missed you guys,” Jaden laughed as she gave each of them a hug and a kiss. “We missed you too,” Prince said. “Especially all of the water balloon fights we had.” Michael and Jaden laughed. “Are kidding me kid? We can always have more of those!”

Jaden told him as she picked up nearly three-year-old Blanket and tickled him in oblivion. Michael sat back and relaxed; his children interacted well with Jaden. It was as though she had built in motherly instincts. “Well if it’s okay with your daddy and Grace, we could have an evening of fun and let her have some rest. How about it?” she smiled at Grace whom she had built a good relationship with. “I don’t have a problem with it, if it’s okay with Michael” she told her. Although Grace didn’t mind it, she had been in overdrive in maintaining the kids throughout lately and a night of rest sounded very appealing.

“Of course. Grace please go relax. You’ve done so much lately.” Michael told her. After she left, Jaden asked them were the hungry, which they all told her they were. She suggested that she would make them a good home cooked meal of her “famous” lasagna, breadsticks and salad. She had assistance from the Jackson clan, which at first resulted in a food fight between Jaden and Paris against Michael, Prince and Blanket. However, they were able to finish making the delicious, fun meal. Afterwards, they all settled in on a movie as they ate brownies for desert. During the movie, Michael found Jaden’s hand and squeezed it, grateful that she was able to make him forget about things, even just for awhile. Soon after, Jaden helped Michael tuck in the children into bed and read them a story.

“Daddy is gonna be busy the next few weeks,” Michael told them. “I have to deal with some business, but I’ll be back every night. I promise.” Paris immediately sat up, her pretty light eyes widened. “Are you gonna be okay daddy?” Michael immediately came over and gave her a hug and a kiss; he couldn’t stand to see a look of concern on her face. “Yes, pumpkin. I’ll be just fine.”

Prince got up and joined the hug session with his sister and dad while Jaden silently held sleeping Blanket in her arms. No words needed to be said. Eight- year- old Prince knew that something wasn’t right with his father. He snuck and saw reports of what was going happening on television, but he just didn’t understand everything that was going on. He remember meeting those pesky Arrizo kids once, and not taking a liking to them. Somehow he knew they were doing something bad to his father and he didn’t like it. However, after hearing Michael assure him that he would be fine, it gave him a big sense of peace. He knew his dad was a very strong person. Afterwards, the two of them said goodnight to the children and were left to themselves.

Michael rubbed his chocolate beautiful, but weary eyes. Jaden snickered as he looked like a cute grown kid. “Are we tired?” she asked him. Michael smiled. “I’ve been tired for the past few weeks, but I don’t know if I can sleep. Especially since everything starts tomorrow.” Jaden put her arms around him. I have to be his rock, she thought “This is exactly why you need some sleep.” Michael shook his head. “I don’t know if I can. It seems like there’s always something that I have to think or worry about. It’s like I don’t deserve any rest.” Jaden gave him a peck on his cheek. “I wish you weren’t so hard on yourself. You really need to get some rest. As a matter of fact, I demand you to get some rest! I bet a hot shower and some pajamas would help you out. And I’ll go make you some Chamomile tea to calm you down.” Michael couldn’t see why he could object to her demands. He had to admit that her suggestions sounded very appeasing at that point.

Less than an hour later, Jaden brought Michael up some tea to his bedroom. As Michael sipped his tea, he motioned for her to sit next to him on his king sized bed. It could have been awkward for Jaden to be that close to him again in his bedroom of all places. However, it didn’t feel that way for them at all. “I just wanna say thank you for being here for me once again,” he told her as he sat down his tea and laid his head on her shoulder. “You’ve always made my life happy and that’s what I missed about you. That and your loyalty.”

Jaden felt a sense of warmth and comfort wash over her. “You never have to thank me. You were there plenty of times for me, and now I’m simply returning the favor.” “But you are doing a whole lot for me,” Michael insisted. “I could never repay you back,” He simply wasn’t used to anyone being kind to him without wanting something in return. “There are no such things as paybacks in my book,” Jaden simply said. “You guys are like my family and we’ll get through this,” Michael looked at her, his eyes full of worry. “You think I’ll really be okay?” he asked. Without thinking, Jaden lifted his chin to hers and softly gave him a kiss on the lips. “What does that tell you?” she smiled.

Michael smiled back. “That I’ll be fine,” he told her as he pulled her into his arms and continued to kiss her briefly. He knew what he was doing and Jaden did also. There was no confusion about it. Afterwards, he asked her to stay the night with him because he didn’t want to be alone; Jaden obliged. Nothing physical happened between the two of them other than holding each other and exchanging small kisses until they finally fell into some much needed sleep. At least they now felt like tomorrow had hope.

End Notes:

By the way, here are some pics of Michael and Jaden!

 

- Michael fine self

 

- Jaden pretty self

Chapter 33 by MJ Fan For Life

                          Chapter 33: I didn’t know my own strength


The trial dragged out for weeks and the feel of a courtroom seemed to get stale fast. Jaden was starting to get annoyed with the flash she kept getting from the horrid paparazzi that seemed like they took her and Michael’s every move. Jaden became well acquainted and close with Michael’s family, the famous Jacksons throughout everything. They all were very appreciative of her ongoing public support for Michael. Janet and Rebie especially took a liking to her, as they three of them went out for lunch to get to know each other better. Michael’s mother Katherine understandably didn’t initially warm up to her; but once she found out how generous of a person Jaden was, she genuinely liked her. She believed that it was a breath of fresh air to have someone like her in Michael’s life. Joseph didn’t really say much to her or acknowledge her presence much; but that was his usual nature towards anyone who wasn’t family.

As for Michael, the whole trial seemed like a living nightmare. He had testimonies from people he had not seen in years or people who were once considered trustworthy. Of course the Arrizo family testified also. They all made up malicious, terrible lies about what happened with him in the past and with the Arrizo children. Each lie he heard, broke his heart a little bit more than it already was. It was finally then that he realized that some people in this world will push any morals they have aside, just to get fame and money in return. Even if that meant that they lie through their teeth in front of God and an entire courtroom. He made sure to let the media know that he would never invite children to his room again. Michael then understood that the most innocent thing can be manipulated into the biggest, sickest lie. It made him sad to now come to that realization.

Of course, it helped tremendously that Michael had a few good people left in his life. There were a few celebrities that came to testify. Macaulay Culkin testified to put an end to any foolish claims. Chris Tucker was questioned and he defended his good friend as much as he possibly could. But the spotlight was put on Jaden the most. After all at this point, everyone knew that she was Michael’s surprise ex-girlfriend. She knew that there would be a possibility that she would be called onto the stands; Tom Mesereau and the legal staff coached her well enough to prepare for anything. But it still didn’t make her nervous when she heard the opposing lawyer call her into the stands.

“Your honor, I would like to call Ms. Jaden K. Ross into the stands please.” It seemed as if everyone’s head turned to her direction. Oh my God, can this be any scarier? She thought to herself. She tried to swallow, but realized that her mouth was dry from the anticipation of what was about to happen. However, she knew she had to support Michael and say what she knew because her information was very important to the case. Jaden stood up with a look of confidence and came to the stand. She could feel all eyes pouring into her. However when she looked up, she saw Michael’s beautiful sad eyes get a bit of glimmer in them. She could feel his gratitude from far away and that made any fear that she had dissipate fast. The lawyer began throwing questions toward her quickly and cleverly, trying by any and all means to catch her in a lie. But Jaden stood one step ahead of him, answering each and every question more than accurately.

“So you say you’ve dated Mr. Jackson for a few months,” the conniving lawyer asked. “No, I said a year and a half,” Jaden calmly shot back, knowingly up to his tricks. “Okay, a year and a half,” the lawyer said. “And you say that you never, ever known him to act out of the ordinary with the Arrizo children or ANY children. Ever?” Oh brother she thought as she calmly shook her head and looked him into his eyes. “Nope. Never. We would all play balloon fights together and maybe eat or something, but the only thing I saw was that he was generous with everything he had. He let them and the whole entire family play, eat, shop, and live on his expense. A lot of the time, I knew he wasn’t even there at Neverland when they were there. We were very close, and he never gave me any indication of anything out of the ordinary. If he talked about the family, it was out of concern and nothing else.”

“Well…um…” the lawyer shuffled his notes around, unsure of what else to say. After a few more minutes of questioning, it was all over. Tom Mesereau gave her a smile of approval and Michael looked more relieved than he had in weeks. The case was nearing the end and thanks to Jaden’s strong testimony, the tables were finally turning the right way.

Chapter 34 by MJ Fan For Life

Chapter 34: The Verdict

June 13, 2005: It was the day Michael would be read the faith of his charges. Michael could barely eat or sleep. He just wanted the day to come and be over with. Everyone was growing tired with the trial. Jaden was tired of dealing with answering the same questions from the nosy media; she was glad that things were coming to an end. If she wasn’t with Michael in the evenings, she always made sure to talk to him on the phone before she went to sleep. Michael leaned on Jaden and his family for support and kept his children as his inspiration. That and a whole lot of prayer got him miraculously to where he wanted to be: the ending point. For some reason, he woke up with a sense of tranquility for the first time in a long time. He had a song that was planted inside of his head. The lyrics seemed to drop into him as they always did. Hurt me you may, betray me you will, but my peace, my joy, my love you cannot kill, he sung to himself. Stones may be cast, pain may try to last… but in the end, my gain, my redemption will be your past. He couldn’t wait to tell Jaden and get a melody for it later.

The entire Jackson clan and close friends all rode in a big limo to the courthouse. Jaden had prior business to attend to and would be meeting them there. Everyone was all a bit surprised to see how calm Michael was as he smiled and whistled a bit. Everyone else seemed to be much more on edge. “Michael, son are you sure you’re okay?” Katherine finally spoke up in her soft voice. Michael gave a small smile. “Yeah. I’m okay. Don’t you all worry about me. Things are gonna turn out just fine.” His assurance seemed to calm everyone down a lot. He couldn’t explain why it took so long for him to feel so at ease, but he felt that his prayers had come through and God was assuring him of what was to come.

Meanwhile, as Michael and his family made their way through the court, Jaden went to the restroom to freshen up and get a few minutes away from the media. They already seemed to have asked her a million questions- all of them which were the same. Do you think your ex, Michael Jackson will be acquitted for all charges or some? What’s your thought about everything? Blah. Blah. Blah, If you only could be in his shoes for ONE day, you would only know, she thought to herself. Just then, a toilet flushed and out came prime suspect number one. Janet Arrizo, stood next to her in the mirror, trying to avoid her gaze. Jaden took one look at her and immediately turned away. She couldn’t believe that the whole reason this whole circus of a trial was going on was primarily of one little greedy woman. And she just so happened to be standing right next to her.

Janet gave off a snooty look, although she couldn’t help but be a bit impressed by how Jaden’s beauty and class. It wasn’t everyday that people shared a bathroom with a big celebrity. If the whole trial wasn’t happening, she thought that she could get her autograph. And maybe even sympathy and help for her once sick child. However, that would never happen and she had to keep up with the Joneses, so to speak. “He must have paid you a pretty penny,” Janet Arrizo caught herself mumbling. Jaden quickly looked at her. “Pardon me?” she asked. “Were you referring to me or to yourself? Let me answer that for you. I’m assuming you were talking to yourself.” Janet Arrizo looked at her. “Where do you come off by saying all of those lies in the stands? How dare you lie on my son!” Jaden scoffed as she put her hands on her hips. “Are you stuck on stupid?” she asked her. “You are a complete liar and because of you, you sneaky, deceiving, no good, money hungry b.i.t.c.h, you are putting one of the most generous most innocent people through something that they never ever deserved!!!” Janet Arrizo looked away, not wanting to take the heat from the fire that she started. “You don’t know him. You were probably just his two dollar slut” she said, “You don’t know what happened. My son wouldn’t lie about something like that!!” Jaden shook her head in anger. She couldn’t believe the lies and insults this woman fixed up to say once again. “You better get outta my face before I kick your ass all over this bathroom.” She growled at her. “I may be a celebrity but don’t let that fool you. If you haven’t been fooled enough. You don’t mean anything to him or me. You are scum beneath Michael’s shoes and I can’t wait for the verdict to be read so you can actually see how stupid you actually are. Now take that to court!”

With that, Jaden walked off. “Just you wait! We’ll see who’ll look stupid today!” Janet Arrizo yelled after her. After the door already slammed.
================================================== =======
Finally it was time for the arraignment to be read. The jurors had plenty of time to deliberate and were ready with their verdicts. Fans lined up outside waiting for the results to be called. One woman had sets of doves to set free for every charge that he was found not guilty of. Michael’s singing and smiles had stopped as soon as they got there. They were greeted by a mob of media and cheering fans. Michael went in and got checked out as usual, his family in tow behind him. He couldn’t keep the look of fear off of his face. Regardless of what the result would be, it was still a frightening thought that there would be a chance that he would be going to jail. To be away from his family, his kids especially, would be too much to bear.

As he walked in, he passed by the Arrizo family and it seemed to him that they all had the look of hunger on their faces. They seemed to be hungry for the money they were sure to get once the trial was over and Janet Arrizo could be a “hero”. Luckily Jaden came up to him and gave him a big comforting hug at the right time. “It’s okay. Everything’s gonna be just fine. Remember that.” She told him as she looked him in his eyes and gave his hands a squeeze. Michael nodded in agreement. He loved Jaden with all of his heart; if everything lined in place, he wanted her to be his one and only.

Soon everyone took their places and the regular procedures went through before it was finally time for the verdict to be read. Katherine grabbed onto Rebbie and Tito’s hands, praying that she wouldn’t hear the possibility of her son being sent to jail. Joe focused on the wall. Everyone else held their breaths while Jaden silently prayed.


The people of the state of California plaintiff versus Michael Joe Jackson defended on count one find him……….
…………… not guilty…..count two not guilty…….not guilty…..not guilty….not guilty…
…..”

Oh thank you GOD, Michael prayed before he softly gave his gratitude to Tom and the legal team.

Jaden finally opened her eyes and let out a huge breath once she heard that Michael was acquitted of all charges. Just as she felt would happen, he was free from this case and humiliation, once and for all. She looked over at the Arrizos and found Janet with her mouth hanging open. Just as I thought. She looks ridiculously stupid! After Michael was hugged by his entire family, he came over and hugged Jaden. “You did it! You’re finished with this nonsense!” she excitedly told him. Michael looked at her. “No WE did this. I don’t know what I would have done without you being here Jade.” “It would have ended up the same way. You don’t have to worry because she has your redemption now.” Jaden told him. Just like the song, he thought as he grabbed another hug and wearily walked out of the courthouse and into the roaring crowd with everyone else in suit.

The words continue to ring in his mind. Hurt me you may, betray me you will, but my peace, my joy, my love you cannot kill… Stones may be cast, pain may try to last… but in the end my gain, my redemption will be your past. Maybe now they can leave us alone.

*End of Part II*

Chapter 35 by MJ Fan For Life
Author's Notes:

 

 

 

.

 

 

*Part III*

*Back to Present Day*

So that’s how we crossed paths once again. It took an entire, meaningless hurtful trial to bring Michael and I back together and into each other’s lives. The entire time, I didn’t want to do anything with my career or with myself. I didn’t care how many questions I got from reporters questioning why I was ever with him. I only wanted to be there for him and the children and make sure that I could do everything I could to make sure that he didn’t go to jail over a family of liars. It was then I realized that I was truly in love with this man. Never had I been so willing to sacrifice, to support and give so much to someone before in my entire life. But at the same time, no one had ever moved me like Michael did. He was the most amazing, most compassionate, most giving man that I’ve ever met. I would always forget that he was a superstar because he never did anything for himself. He put every and anything ahead of his own personal being. He taught me so much in the time that we were together and the main one was that it’s okay to actually love and to be in love.

People ask me do I regret doing anything for Michael, and I immediately tell them never in a million years because I knew he would do the exact same thing if it were me. It took time for me to see that.

When we first were together, I was sure that I loved him, but I wasn’t sure on HOW to love him. I thought that love was all take and no give; when things started to get shaky, I got afraid and simply ran away. But it took time, patience and huge misfortune for me to finally admit that I loved Michael like nothing else. I also had to understand that my love had to be just as unconditional as I believed his love was for me.

When the trial was over, Michael was very fragile and exhausted both physically and emotionally. It took months for him to start to get over everything that had happened to him. Some people say that he never was the same after the trial; especially with how he dealt with strangers… understandably. Yet, he still remained the same giving, loving caring person who would give the shirt off of his back to anyone who needed it. His spirits were dampened, but he shook a lot of it off. He didn’t want the children to see him down mainly. He became his clever, funny self as quickly as his possibly could. He told me that life was too short to live miserably in the past and that everyday should be enjoyed and treasured as a gift from God. It amazed me how through everything, he still had reason to laugh and enjoy his life. I learned a lot about life in general by just being around him.

Michael and I remained very close after the trial. He was my very best friend, even closer than Cassie and Sabrina. I tried my best to be his. I would visit and be there for him and the children as much as I could. He and I would have long talks about everything, all night sometimes. Or sometimes we would work on our music and writing lyrics. I loved the kids a lot also. They were about as normal kids as possible, watching Disney Channel, playing and having regular sibling arguments. I would help Michael read to them and we would play games and sports together.

The thought of rekindling our relationship was never really brought up. He and I would make out sometimes, especially if we had romantic walks under the moonlight, which was always very nice.  We went through the motions of being a couple, but not one of us really said it officially. And of course we loved each other very much. By the time the end of ’05 had ended, I asked him if we were officially back together again. Michael simply smirked at me and looked the other way with his beautiful eyes and said “We’ll see. Patience is the virtue.”

I didn’t think much about his response that night I asked him that, but the more I thought about it, I got angry. I wanted all or nothing with him and I was growing tired of the grey area that we were in. I loved him, but I knew I couldn’t take much more of what we were doing without having security about our relationship. I was from the south after all; either you were with the person you loved or you were not. There’s no in between. I decided that I would have to be straightforward with what I wanted from Michael and give him my ultimatum. The next time I would see him again was on Christmas.

However I was in for a very big surprise. As I was ready to tell him how I felt, he was about to do the same thing... in his own special way. Never did I expect what happened on that Christmas night. It changed the way I looked at fairytale, happiness and even forgiveness…… my life would never be the same from then on……..

 

Chapter 35: I Just Can’t Stop Loving You

*Christmas 2005*

“Merry Christmas!!” Jaden called out as she entered the rented mansion where Michael in the kids housed in. She carried a variety of gifts for each of her loves. Jaden loved Christmas as she never really experienced a full one growing up because her mother conveniently “forgot” to get her and her brothers any gifts. Now that she was rich and famous, she made it up to herself and the people she loved the most. She spent Christmas Eve with Justin and his wife, Joshua, Sabrina and Cassie and they all exchanged gifts before everyone departed to spend Christmas with their family and friends respectively. Michael greeted her and signaled to her that he was on the phone. “Yes, I’m glad things are going well with you Liz!” he spoke into his phone. “Merry Christmas. Yes, she just came in.” He looked over and smiled at Jaden. “Liz says Merry Christmas and happy holidays and she can’t wait for your next album to come out.” Jaden smiled back. She loved Elizabeth Taylor and enjoyed being around her vivacious spirit. She also appreciated how great of a friend she was to Michael.

“Tell her same to her! And I’ll dedicate a song just for her,” Jaden winked as Michael delivered the message. He paused for a second and looked away from Jaden as if he didn’t want her to hear what was being said. “Don’t worry, I think I’ve got everything under control,” he said to Elizabeth while giggling. “I’ll let you know how it turns out, okay?” After he hung up with Liz Taylor, Jaden gave him a questioning look. “What was that all about?” she asked. Michael cleared his throat, unsure of what to say. He wasn’t good at making up lies. “She just advised me on some things in my life, that’s all. It’s no big deal.” “Okay,” Jaden said slowly, not fully believing him. Just then, they were interrupted by the children coming into the room they were in. “Merry Christmas!!” Paris and Prince excitedly called out to her. “Mardy Cwhrismas!” Little Blanket mocked his older siblings as best as he could. “We’ve missed you, now what did you bring us?” Paris asked with her hands gleefully in her pocket. Prince quickly nodded his head in agreement.

“Paris, that is not what Christmas is all about.” Michael gently scolded her. Michael had only officially started celebrating Christmas back in 1993 when Liz Taylor had transformed Neverland into a winter wonderland for him. Although he enjoyed the festivities that day, he ended up crying later on because his former religion, Jehovah’s Witness, forbid any holidays to be celebrated and he felt that he had done something wrong. After understanding things much better and now that he especially had children, he thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and took it for what it was: a time to celebrate love and the gift of giving. “It’s a day to celebrate each other through love and giving, whether it be a gift or not.”

Paris bit the bottom of her lip. “Sorry daddy.” she apologized. Jaden smiled as she picked up Blanket. “Well your dad’s right. But…… I think Santa sent a few things my way for me to give to you guys.” Regardless of what was just said, Paris and Prince jumped up and down in excitement. “What is it?? What is it???” They simultaneously asked. Michael and Jaden couldn’t help but laugh because they knew that kids would be kids when they knew they were getting presents. “Let’s go into the living room. I think that Santa may have left some toys for you overnight,” Michael told them. The five of them excitedly went into the living room and Jaden cut on the Disney Christmas parade for them to watch while they all opened presents. “Ahh!!!! Hot wheels and Super soakers!! This is the best Christmas ever!” Prince exclaimed. “Yeah, the best Christmas ever!!” Paris repeated as she glared at her array of Barbie dolls and easy bake oven gifts. “Mardy Cwhrismas!” Blanket said once again in his three year old vocabulary. He had gotten a big wheel and a bunch of Fisher Price toys.

Michael giggled as he whispered in Jaden’s ear. “They say that every year. It never gets old.” Jaden laughed. “Thank you daddy, thank you Jade. We love you.” Paris told them as she Prince and Blanket ran to give them each a hug. “We love you guys too,” Michael smiled as he and Jaden hugged them all back. Michael held back the tears in his eyes while he watched his children play. The joy they had on their faces was worth a thousand words. It made him feel like a good parent when his children got to experience things that he didn’t get to growing up. Jaden looked at him and took his hand. She didn’t need to ask any questions; she knew exactly how he was feeling because she felt the same way. Christmases were next to miserable growing up as a child and she didn’t have many positive memories to hold on to. It was nice to finally have a real Christmas for once. “Oh I have something for you too!” Jaden finally spoke up as she gave him a gift bag. Michael’s eyes lit up as he looked in a pulled out a gold pleated notebook that had “Lyric Book” engraved into it. “I thought you needed a new notebook to put all of those songs that come out of your head,” Jaden shyly told him. “I hope you like it. There’s something else.” Jaden pulled out a DVD box set of “The Best of Three Stooges” and giggled. “I know how much you say they make you laugh, so I got that.” Jaden explained with a shrug. Michael swooped her into a big hug. “Jaden that is one the kindest things anyone ever did for me.” Michael said softly. “You know me so well, and that amazes me. You’ll never know how much this means to me. Thank you so much.” Jaden blushed. “It was nothing, really. Merry Christmas.” Michael gave her a sweet peck on her lips. “Merry Christmas beautiful. And don’t think I forgot about you. I have something for you later.” He shyly looked at her.

“Later huh??” Jaden said in a lower voice. She thought he was being kinky and “Bad Michael” was back to make an appearance. Michael laughed. “Yes. Later”. Jaden cleared her throat. “Well since we’re finally here, I really need to ask you something. It’s about us. I need to know if we are together again, or…do you just wanna remain friends. I really don’t like this grey area we are in right now.” Michael smirked as he raised his large hands up. “Didn’t I tell you girl? Patience is the virtue.” Jaden sighed in frustration, growing tired of the run around that Michael was giving her. “Michael”- she began. –“Let’s talk about this later,” Michael simply told her. Jaden looked at him in exasperation. “When will there ever be a good time to talk about this?!” “I promise, after dinner we can talk about it okay?” Michael instructed. “I don’t see the difference in talking about it now rather than later,” Jaden snapped as she got off the couch, her good mood quickly souring. “I’m gonna go take a nap- in your bed!! Wake me up for dinner.” Jaden could be a firecracker at times, and that was one of the things that he strangely loved about her. He loved passion and she carried a lot of it inside of her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas dinner was lovely. Jaden and The Jackson clan feasted on Turkey, macaroni & cheese, green beans, stuffing, potatoes, and a delicious pecan pie that the staff prepared before they left early for the day. Although the nap helped and she tried to be jolly for the children, Jaden was still frustrated with how Michael was taking their relationship as a joke. It’s like he doesn’t give a damn, she thought. If he thinks that I’m gonna sit around here and wait, he’s got the wrong woman. As much as she loved him, Jaden wanted stability. She was afraid that she would have to break ties with him, just to get her point across. She definitely didn’t want to have to do that.  As she looked at him, she caught him stealing glances at her and smiling, as if he were in admiration. At other points he looked a bit nervous, as if he were about to perform onstage. Jaden didn’t know what to think of any his actions.

After dinner had finally ended, they all watched a Christmas movie until the children fell asleep one by one. Jaden helped Michael tuck them in and put away their presents. Afterwards, the two of them went into the living room and Michael disappeared for awhile before coming back with his hands in his pockets. His expression read excitement while his body language read nervousness. “What’s wrong with you??” Jaden asked with a confused look. Michael had that adorable smirk on his face once again. “Why? Nothing’s wrong.” Jaden stood up, flipping her golden waves of hair in anger. “Well there’s something wrong with me,” she began. “I wanna talk about us and I’m not taking no for an answer anymore. Michael, I love you and I understand that you may not want to be attached to anyone for a long time after what you have been through this past year. But I can’t be your play thing. I don’t want to be kissed, touched or held anymore, wondering if it’s all in vain or that you really want to be with me. Either we are gonna be an item, or…. I don’t know what!” Michael simply smiled and reached out his hand to her. Even angry, she was still the most beautiful woman he had laid eyes on.

“Come here girl,” he told her. “Come with me.” Jaden rolled her eyes. “Where are we going?” “I’m pouring my heart out to you, and you know that’s hard for me to do.” “Trust me,” Michael told her. “This will be well worth it.” Jaden reluctantly grabbed his hand and followed his lead to the balcony on the second floor. Jaden gasped when she saw everything; the entire balcony was decorated with fuchsia and emerald green colored candles, her favorite colors. The candles gave off a luminous background to the full moon and crisp winter night “W- w-w-w- what’s all of this for? This is so beautiful.” Jaden could barely get the words out of her mouth. Michael wrapped his arms around her, his chocolate eyes meeting her caramel eyes. “This is all for you, out of my appreciation. Don’t you know how much you mean to me? How much you have been there for me when no one else was? I love everything about you. I love the way you carry yourself, I love your spirituality, I love how you have become a talented respected artist, I love your beauty inside and out, I love your smile, I love how we can talk and laugh about anything, and the children love you too. I could on forever about how much I love you Jade.” Tears came in his eyes as he got on his knees. He had never really got the opportunity to officially propose before; he had always wanted to and was glad that it was someone whom he considered his soul mate.

“I want to spend the rest of my life celebrating all of these things with you. I thought I would never find that one woman who could change my life for the better, but God had me to wait for you. I want you to be my wife Jade. Will you marry me?” Michael placed a huge diamond ring on her finger; it was etched out with Jade stones, paying homage to her name. Jaden instantly went into shock, looking at her gorgeous ring and then Michael, and then her surroundings, and then back to Michael again. She couldn’t believe that a few minutes ago she was demanding that they be an item and Michael actually wanted marriage. It was all too surreal. Michael giggled nervously. “Are you okay? Are you gonna say something?” After swallowing, she broke into a huge grin. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OF COURSE I WANT TO MARRY YOU!!!” She kneeled down and hugged Michael so hard that they both fell on the floor. Jaden didn’t care as she continued to kiss Michael all over as he did the same. “I love you so much baby!” she finally told him as she hugged him. “I’m sorry for being so pushy earlier. But I never knew that this would be coming!” Michael laughed. “What am I gonna do with you? That’s why didn’t wanna say anything all day. I even asked Cassie and Sabrina for help.” “Those tricksters! No wonder they were acting antsy yesterday!” Jaden said.

“I can’t wait to marry you and you can become Mrs. Michael Jackson,” Michael told her. “I can’t either! Let’s do this soon!” said Jaden. “Okay. Do you want a wedding?” he asked. Jaden thought about it for a second. “Yeah, I sort of do. It doesn’t have to be big. It’s just that I’ve always wanted to have one. “That’s fine with me,” Michael told her. “But we have to keep this as low key as possible, we don’t need the media in our business more than they already are….maybe we should marry in another country.” Jaden thought about it briefly. “Windmere Island! In the Bahamas! I have a private estate out there. It would be hard for anyone to find us and it’s beautiful! We’ve just gotta find a way to get our guest to come without actually telling them.” “Okay, I think this could work,” Michael told her as he sat up. “Let’s aim to marry around the second weekend of January, right before we both go back to doing work. And we can honeymoon there too. I’ve never really had a vacation in the Bahamas.” “Perfect.” Jaden said as she typed profusely in her Blackberry.

 “Oh my God, I have to find the most perfect dress, you a suit, we have to plan the colors and the food, and of course the kids have to be in it, so we have to find them things to wear…there’s so much we have to do!” “Calm down, that’s why we have people we trust to help with this.” Michael laughed. “You’re right.” Jaden exhaled. “There’s also one more thing that I have to do. I need to talk to my mother in person. I think it’s time. Especially now that I am about to be married.” Michael looked at her. “Are you sure?” Jaden nodded. “Yeah. I think so. It’s now or never and I need to get these things off of my chest. I’ll fly out there tomorrow.” “If you need me to come with you I will,” Michael told her. Jaden shook her head. “I think I’ll be fine.” “I’m crossing that bridge when I get to it. But for now, I want to celebrate being your fiancé…well for a short time at least!” Michael kissed her passionately, his soft lips taking Jaden aback. “I can’t believe I’ll have all of this to enjoy for myself,” she playfully poked him. “Trust me, there will be that and plenty more….Mrs. Jackson,” Michael said as he gently slapped her on the behind as they went back inside. Merry Christmas indeed.

Chapter 36 by MJ Fan For Life
Author's Notes:

 

 

 

Chapter 36: Superfly Sister

Cassie sipped on a bit more of her wine as she waited for her special guest. She had just arrived that afternoon at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The concierge didn’t need to ask who she was; they knew exactly what room she would be getting. The little bungalow suite was a favorite of hers; it had a nice view and a little porch that gave it a cozy feel.

Cassie began to hum as she put on some slow music and filled the huge garden tub with bubbles. She poured in some skin smoothing oil that smelled like vanilla. Although she wasn’t a big fan of it, her secret lover adored that way it felt on her skin. He told her that the oil not only gave out a good fragrance, but it made her skin feel as smooth as an infant. Whatever he said went, just as long as she had his attention. For a few hours at least. She disrobed herself, and sunk her athletic body slowly inside the tepid water. Cassie was a nice looking Latina who took pride in her looks; however, she was also very unlucky in finding love. Perhaps it was because she didn’t know how to grasp it when it came to her. Sure, there had been interests here and there, but she never pursued anything from them. She grew up fatherless and watched as her mother and older sisters let men come in and out of their lives. “Who the fuck needs a husband? Nosotros no!” was the Martinez women’s mantra.

From that upbringing, Cassie believed that she wasn’t the marrying type. Until recently, she never thought she could be with one person for the rest of her life. It didn’t seem natural for her at first, although she supported Jade getting engaged to the king of pop. Jaden was the perfect person to be married; she always wanted to be a wife and a mother and it fit her like a glove. Cassie believed that she was the complete opposite of that.

Cassie’s secret lover was someone she had known for quite some time. She initially didn’t have feelings for him, but it slowly came into fruitation over the past year. One drunken night after a UMG record party, the two slept together. Believing it was a mistake at first, the two tried to put it behind them. However, the heat never died and they snuck around until it became a full blown affair. Saturday afternoons at the hotel became their secret ritual. It didn’t really bother Cassie at first that he had a devoted girlfriend until recently. However, she found herself developing feelings for him. As much as she didn’t want it to happen, it was becoming harder for her to ignore.

After she got out of her bath, she slipped into his favorite negligee on her and ordered room service.  By the time the food arrived, her secret lover came soon after. “Knock. Knock, anybody here?” he called out. “Right here Papi,” Cassie called out her favorite nickname to him. He hung his coat up and kissed her on the check. “What are you eating?” he asked as his playfully twirled her luxurious light brown hair around his fingers. “A hamburger and fries. Here,” she seductively fed the blonde bombshell one of her fries. “MMM… that’s good,” he told her before she fed him another one. “You spoil me Cassie,” Cassie smiled.

 “You spoil me too….Devin!”

 A few minutes later, the two made their way on the bed, as Cassie climbed on top of him.

At 37, Devin was now a big time record producer who pretty much had everything he had ever wanted… including women. His girlfriend, Elaine was a nice little model, but her charming personality didn’t do wonders for him in the bedroom. That’s why he got his fix from his spicy Latina sensation Cassie whenever he could. He felt wrong for what he was doing. After all this was his top client (Jaden’s) assistant and close friend and he was running out of ways to cover up his infidelity from Elaine. He vowed to break the affair up as soon as he could…he just didn’t know how to stop.

Cassie smirked as she looked down into his deep blue eyes and ran her hands over his washboard abs. “Papi, can you help me get a new car?” she asked. “What, Jade’s not paying you enough?” he scoffed. Cassie smacked her lips. “I wanna new car…a Range Rover, and you know you can afford it!” Devin sighed, thinking about the gold digging monster he was creating. “Please Papi, that’s all I want,” she began to kiss his spot on his neck. “Okay…I’ll see what I can do,” he muttered. “Thank you!” Cassie told him. I got him wrapped around my finger, she thought as Devin flipped her over and made love to her over and over until he had got his weekly fill. After a nap, Devin got up, took a shower and put on his clothes to leave. Cassie sat up, her heart slightly breaking to see him go. “So soon Papi?” she asked him. Devin nodded. “I have a dinner date with Elaine and I’m meeting her parents.” He told her. Cassie cringed upon hearing her name. She was beginning to envy her because although Devin came to her physically, she had him emotionally and in every other way. She was his main woman and she wasn’t, point blank.

“I could give you more than she does,” she found herself saying. “What?” Devin chuckled. “I mean it. I could be a good woman to you.” Devin nearly froze up. His nightmare was coming true. Cassie was falling in love with him. And to think he thought that she could be an easy mistress because she seemed to be the no strings attached kind of person. “Well you know that could never happen.” He finally said calmly. “And why not?” Cassie asked. Devin sighed. “Because first of all, I’m committed to someone. You knew what you were getting into when we started this. Secondly, I don’t think Jaden would be happy to find out that we’re together. That would just be a bit too weird don’t you think?” Cassie sighed in despondency. “I guess it would,” she muttered. Devin nodded. “Trust me, I’m not the kind of guy you would wanna be with. I’m a bit too boring.” He smiled after he gave her a kiss on the cheek as he left. “I’ll see you later.” As soon as he left, Cassie got up, poured herself another glass of wine and turned the music back on. “You’re not boring. I love you Devin,” she said to herself. She never thought those words would ever come out of her mouth. But sadly she realized that Devin loving her back was an impossible reality.

Chapter 37 by MJ Fan For Life

 

Chapter 37: In the Back

Jaden felt her nervous jitter as she drove through the town she had left behind years ago. Her high school still looked the same and some of the neighborhood parks looked better thanks to her anonymous donations. She couldn’t believe that she was back to talk to her mother of all people, but she felt as though she had put her mother out of her life long enough. She wanted to talk to her before she married Michael and lived happily ever after with her new family. Things needed to be cleared up and she didn’t want to have cloudy conscience as she was about to enter a new chapter in her life.

She agreed to meet her mother in the north side of the city. Jaden wasn’t sure how she would handle being in her presence after all these years, but it was something that she felt had to be done. She planned to meet her at Cedar Springs Park, a place where she remembered going to play as a child. It was usually low key and private enough for her to be there without a lot of traffic from people. Jaden refused to meet her mother at her apartment; it felt too personal and she wasn’t sure that she was ready to handle that.

When Jaden pulled up to the location where she agreed to meet her mother, she was glad that the park was relatively quiet. Looking around, her eyes fixated toward the woman that she had not seen in over 7 years and her emotions began to rush back. She began to feel like that timid little girl once again who was afraid to make her mother upset. What have you just gotten yourself into? Maybe I should have asked Michael to come. She thought to herself. For a brief second, Jaden wanted to turn around and leave, but she knew that it was too late once she realized that the middle aged woman had set her matching topaz eyes nervously on her. Slowly, Jaden took a deep breath and walked toward the woman who was her mom. Once she got close, she timidly shook her hand. “Hello, Jadey,” she said. “I hope you don’t mind me calling you that.” Her mother, Jamie Coleman-Ross was in her fifties, but looked well kept despite years of alcohol, and possibly even drug abuse. She was a medium built white woman with wispy strawberry blond hair. Naturally, Jaden gained some of her good looks from her- including her signature eyes.

It took Jaden a few seconds to look her over before responding. “I guess that’s okay,” she mumbled out. She sat down next to her on the bench and rubbed her hands together. “Do you need anything? Coffee? I always remembered how cold you would get.” Jamie said as she looked down. Jaden shook her head quickly. “No I’m fine, and I’m not cold either.”Although she really was from all of the nervousness, she didn’t want her mother to be right. “So you said that you wanted to talk to me.” she went on, cutting to the chase. “So I’m finally here. Talk to me.” Jamie immediately pulled out a picture and handed it to her. Jaden held her breath as she looked at the photograph of her in her father’s arms when she was around 4. Her father, who had a small afro then, was a handsome tall black man with telltale almond shaped eyes that gave way to his Asian roots. “This is one of the few pictures that I have of him to show you,” Jamie began. “I thought you would want it.” She finally looked up to Jaden. “He and I grew apart until he up and left one day,” she went on. “He tried to be a part of you guys’ lives, but I wouldn’t let him. I didn’t want him to hurt you and your brothers like I felt he had hurt me.” Jamie’s eyes began to fill up with tears. “But slowly, I was the one who ended up hurting you all the most. I’m not here to give excuses, but I began to drink because it was the only way that I could deal with the pain. Plain and simple.”

Jaden looked up from the picture and began to feel anger. “Pain?? You want to tell me about the pain that YOU suffered? Do you realize how you treated me growing up? You would degrade me and yank me around and hurt me for any little mistake that I made! You never cared about what we were gonna eat or if we were even safe when you would abandon us night after night! You never seemed to care about my music and how much it meant to me and now you tell me that you are part of the reason why my father, excuse me, Leroy, wasn’t a part of our lives?! –“Jadey I- I’m sorry,” Jamie cut in. Jaden went on. “I had nightmares about you almost all my life! The only reason that it went away is because I found someone who gave me the love I desperately needed!”

“Why did you hate me?? Why?”

Jamie began to cry. “I never hated you Jadey, I swear. You have every reason to feel that way however.  I was young and stupid and extremely selfish. I remember listening to you sing in that beautiful voice and I would wish that could have been me. I was supposed to go far in music once in my life, but it never happened. So like a fool, I let my own feelings of jealousy come in before anything. I was stupid and I was foolish and I know that it is hard for you to understand that. I only acted the way that I knew how and the alcohol didn’t help much either.”

She took her hands and put them around Jaden’s angry pained face. “I know it’s hard to believe this, but I love you and your brothers so very much. I’m your supporter. I’m so proud that you went out to L.A. and became a superstar. I have all of your albums, magazine covers, everything. I’m so proud that you use your celebrity to give back. You always have been a generous, compassionate person. I didn’t come here today to expect you to forgive me for all of my past mistakes. It’s been eating at me for years. I don’t want anything from you if you think that’s it also. All I ask is that you give me a chance to somehow, someway be in of your life.”

It took Jaden a few minutes to let what her mother said to sink in. It had been years since she had seen her and finally she began to understand the reasoning behind why her mother did what she did. Eerily, she began to feel a bit cleansed as some of her past questions were being answered. She looked at her. “What about drinking? Are you still doing that?” she asked. Jamie immediately shook her head. “I went into rehab a few years ago, and afterwards that’s when I reconciled with your brothers.” Jaden looked at the picture once again. “And Leroy? Where is my dad?”  Jamie shyly shrugged. “Honestly I don’t know,” she admitted. “But we could find him if you want.”

For the first time ever, Jaden felt as though she had finally faced her past demons head on and finally, she was getting the assurance she needed before she became married. It was the closure she was looking for and it was the purpose of why she did the impromptu trip in the first place.

For the first time in a long time, Jaden looked up and gave a small smile. “Yeah, I’d think I would like that.”

She showed her mother her engagement ring and told her how she had met, fell in love, and planned to marry the notorious King of Pop. Jamie told her that she was shocked at first, but told her that it would be one of the best decisions that she had ever made and marveled at how something extraordinary like this came to happen. Finally, Jaden decided at the last minute to invite her to the wedding, which Jamie accepted.

She spent the next few hours talking about more things with her mother Jamie. She knew that she would never be her best friend or even close to her. However, Jaden realized that she had to forgive. She remembered Michael telling her that she would feel better when she would be ready to forgive and heal. Finally, that day had come and it gave her a sense of peace. She could return to California and get married knowing that her hurt past was slowly piecing together and making sense.

 

Chapter 38 by MJ Fan For Life

 

Chapter 38: You Are My Life (The Wedding)

Once Jaden returned from reconciling with her mother, she finally felt was ready to tackle on the wedding with Michael.  The two planned out every detail as secretly as they could and only let their closest of close friends and family vaguely know what was going on. Michael invited parents Katherine, Joe and siblings Jermaine, Tito, Jackie, Marlon, Randy, Latoya, Rebbie, and of course Janet to “spend a weekend” with him, the children and Jaden at Windmere Island. Excited and a bit surprised that the Jackson family was being reunited on a family vacation, everyone agreed and brought their families along also. Jaden invited her much smaller family and a array their friends as well as Chris Tucker and Elizabeth Taylor to come enjoy a vacation at their expense.

The next few weeks up until the wedding were full of shopping and planning things, particularly decorations and food. Jaden, Cassie and Sabrina spent days looking for the most perfect wedding gown. It wasn’t until close to the wedding day that Jaden finally saw the ultimate one; a sweeping one of a kind gown by Melissa Sweet. The dress seemed to be made simply for her to wear it. Paris was happily allowed to pick out her flower girl dress, which was an adorable lavender pastel dress by Candygirls. Meanwhile, Michael had his suit custom made into his handsome sparkling fashion by Gino Valentino. Prince and little Blanket had their designer mini tuxedos which made them look adorably damper.

Finally, the day had arrived! Jaden, Michael and the children and the helping staff came a day prior to get settled in before everyone started coming the day of the wedding. By noon mostly everyone arrived at the guest house. Janet looked around. “It looks beautiful in here. Why does Michael and Jade have it so fixed up?” Everyone else murmured in agreement. “Where is Michael? Has anyone seen him since we came?” Katherine questioned. Nobody had an answer. A few minutes later, Michael arrived in the guest house, with Jaden holding his hand in tow. The two of them went around giving the family and good friends hugs and kisses and greetings. When they finally finished, Michael gave a sly smile at Jaden as she winked back. Michael cleared his throat.

“Everyone, we have a very, very important announcement to make,” he spoke up. Everyone quieted down to listen. “I’m so happy to have you all here with us today. This means a lot for all of you to come.”

“Man, you knew we wasn’t gonna miss out on this,” Chris Tucker cut in. “This whole island all for  ourselves! How often does this happen!!” Everyone snickered in agreement. Leave it to Chris to make anything funny, Michael thought and chuckled before he went on. “Yes, Chris we have the island for ourselves and this is exciting. But, we have an announcement to make.” Everyone began to focus on the two of them as silence filled the living room. “As you know, Jaden and I have gotten back together. And it’s become very serious. We love each other very much and I can’t see myself with anyone else.” Jaden grabbed his hand and squeezed it as Michael smiled and nodded toward her to carry on. “Well,” Jaden continued. “I love Michael and I love this family like you all are my own and…the main reason that we brought you all down here is because…. WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!! HERE TODAY!! AND YOU ALL ARE OUR GUESTS!!”

Mouths opened and gasps filled the room for a few seconds as everyone took in what was said. However, well wishes came soon after as the Jackson siblings and guests all gave Michael and Jaden hugs as if they gave their stamp of approval. The ladies stood around and admired Jaden’s engagement ring. Katherine looked at Michael, hugged him and whispered in his ear “I always liked her. She may be a little young, but I think she’s good for you.” Joe looked at him and simply nodded, acknowledging his small stamp of approval. Having everyone there this time around for marriage meant a lot to Michael and he was glad that his entire family would be there to share in his happiness with him.

Excitement filled the air for the next few hours as everyone prepared for the surprise wedding. Jaden, Michael, the children and everyone participating in the wedding got dressed, did up, and prepared for the upcoming activities as the wedding planners set up the remaining decorations to transform the house they were being married in into a wedding wonderland.

Finally, it was time for the “surprise wedding” to start. Beautiful music was played by the makeshift band and Michael entered the room where the altar was placed. He looked exquisite, as the tailored wedding tuxedo silhouetted his long, lean body. He had a bit of his sparkly style added to dark suit and lavender tie. His layered shoulder length mane was perfectly in place and his chocolate eyes shown in excitement and delight as he waited anxiously for his wife to be. Prince joined Michael as he looked up at his dad in admiration. He was ecstatic that Jaden was going to be a permanent part in his dad and family’s life. He loved Jaden and was glad to see that his dad was finally happy again.

The introductory chords to “Ribbon in the sky” played and everyone turned their attention to the Stevie Wonder, who flown in to sing personally for the wedding. As Stevie sung his beautiful song, just as well as he did on the record, everyone turned their attention as the bridesmaids (Cassie and Sabrina) and the adorable flower girl Paris made their way down the aisle. Michael’s heart melted as he saw his little girl look so graceful. He rumpled Prince’s hair, silently thanking God that he had such wonderful children and loved ones.

Lastly, it was time for Jaden to make her way down the aisle. She nervously smiled and came in and slowly made her way down the aisle, her arms latched with her brother Josh who would be giving her away. Everyone stood and gasped at how beautiful she was. The pearl wedding gown was a hit as it hugged her famous, womanly curves in all of the right places and the trail followed her every move. Her golden hair was done into impeccable waves to compliment the veil that she had on. As she continued to make her way closer to the altar, Michael began to feel tears in his eyes. It seemed too good to be true that he had found someone so radiant who loved him and was good to him. When Jaden made it next to Michael, Josh shook his hand, smiled and nodded giving his approval. He went back to sit next to Justin, his wife and Jamie, who actually showed up.  Jaden tearfully turned to Michael and took his hand. “I love you so much,” she whispered to him. “I can’t believe this is finally happening.” Michael smiled and squeezed her hand. “I love you too. This is the way it’s supposed to happen. You look so beautiful.”

The minister began to speak “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to unite two wonderful people, Michael Joseph Jackson and Jaden Kimoria Ross in holy matrimony……” After the minister went on it was time for the vowels. Being music stars, it was more natural for Michael  Jaden to write their vowels and make them into songs. Michael took Jaden’s hands and sweetly sung his lyrics “I was alone in the dark when I met you. You took my hand and you told me you loved me. I was alone, there was no love in my life. I was afraid of life and you came in time. You took my hand and we kissed in the moonlight..ooooohh….ooooohhh. I like the way how you holding me, I like the way how you love me, I like the way how you touching me, I like the way you kissing me, you see….. the world’s a better place cause you came in time. You took the rain and brought the sunshine. I was afraid cause I was hurt the last time…..” Jaden’s emotions took over as she smiled and cried simultaneously; she knew right then that she loved him more than life itself. Once Michael finished, Jaden sung soulfully her wedding vowels which she made into a ballad. “Baby don’t you ever let go, more and more until we’re both on the floor, got a feeling that my heart’s never known because I found love. I never knew the meaning of love until you gave it to me. Tender kisses and I’m floating on air, I am yours anytime, anywhere. Darling when you need me I will always be there. And our love goes round and round, way up high, a joyride. We can touch the skies above because we found love. And our love was Heaven sent from the day we first met, we found something they can’t touch…we have love. I don’t need anything when you are here with me. Nobody in this whole wide world could ever replace you in my life. It’s gonna be you and I…” Michael too began to weep and smile. He loved her song and vowels and knew he would honor being her husband in every way.

After the vowels were sung, the rings were placed on their hands and the candles were lit, the minister said his last words. “Now by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your lovely bride.” Everyone stood up, joyously clapping for the newlyweds as Michael raised Jaden’s veil and wasted no time passionately kissing and hugging her. Jermaine placed a broom in front of them and Michael and Jaden jumped over it. They were officially husband and wife.

Everyone had fun taking wedding pictures, particularly the wife and groom. They took the traditional ones and they also took silly ones with the children and family. Once that was done, everyone got ready for the fun wedding reception. Jaden changed into a more casual but equally stylish knee-length halter sheath pearl dress by Michael Kors topped it with black strapped Manolo Blahnik heels; she pulled her hair into a half updo. Michael changed into a form fitting royal blue silk shirt with Crystal designs on it made by Ed Hardy along with black leather pants. Tito happily played DJ, having all kinds of music from different eras and of course some Jackson 5, Michael and Jaden songs. Everyone had fun and took the opportunity to dance and let loose while the staff made sure that the guests’ glasses stayed full with wine and beverages and plates were filled from the array of delectable food. Jaden threw the bouquet, which Latoya gleefully caught. Afterwards, the families gave their well wishes and warm, heartfelt toasts before more music and dancing continued. Michael and Jaden danced with the children to “Shake your body” and “Thriller”, which they all had a blast until Paris, Prince and Blanket all tired their young bodies to sleep and had to call it a night.

When it was all said and done, Tito called the bride and groom to have their wedding dance. Everyone looked on as Michael and Jaden held on to one another and slow danced to cap off a perfect wedding day. Michael looked at his new wife and gave her kiss. “I’m glad that you’re mine,” he told. “I’ve always been yours baby,” Jaden said back. “Now it’s just official.” Michael smiled as he ran his hands over her curves. “You’re right. We are gonna be just fine. All I want to do is make sure you are happy and love you so you’ll never hurt again.” Jaden pulled him closer. “And I just wanna be the best wife that I can possibly be to you, to love you, and to make sure that you’ll never feel alone.” Michael caressed her back as Jaden subtly kissed his neck. “Mmmm… I love my family and guests. But you know what I’m ready for?” Michael asked. Jaden giggled as she looked around and back at him. “I think I can take a wild guess because I’m sure thinking the same thing.”

“I’m ready to get our honeymoon started.” Michael whispered in a deeper register. “I’m ready to spend the next few days loving you and making love to you like there’s no tomorrow.” Jaden immediately got turned on. “When can we get out of here?” she asked with a sultry smirk.

With that in mind, Michael and Jaden thanked everyone for coming and bid their goodbyes to both their families and new in- laws. They rented a small house deeper in the Bahamas for their honeymoon and privacy from any impending media who would be on the loose once they found out the news of their nuptials. It was then time for Michael and Jaden Jackson to go off and enjoy their first night as husband and wife.

Chapter 39 by MJ Fan For Life
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the hiatus! I couldn't update on the old server, but it seems to be fixed! :-)

 

Chapter 39: That’s For All Time (The Consummation)

The misty, cool, serene winds gave way to a peaceful night in the Bahamas. It set a vast contrast to the Mediterranean heat from that day. However, the weather was merely a great background to the magnificent day that Michael and Jaden had just had. It had been almost five years since the unlikely star crossed lovers first met and finally through it all they listened to their hearts in order to know that they were meant to be husband and wife. It did not matter what anyone, especially the media, had to say. All that mattered was that Michael and Jaden found everything they needed and more through one another.

Michael drove up into the driveway of the rented beach house, glad that he had found it without getting them lost on this rather unfamiliar island. He opened the door and pulled Jaden out of the passenger’s seat. “We’re here. This is very nice and it looks cozy,” he excitedly said. “It’s so peaceful out here….this place is beautiful,” Jaden breathed. Michael smiled and grabbed her hand. “Come on.” When they got up to the door, Michael immediately picked up Jaden and carried her over the threshold inside as they both giggled in oblivion. “Now I really am Mrs. Michael Jackson,” Jaden joked as Michael placed her on the ground. “It’s all official now. I’ve waited for that moment ever since I met you,” Michael told her. Jaden raised her eyebrows. “Really? You knew that you would marry me?”  Michael nodded. “I knew that I wanted you to be mine for all time the first time that I looked into your beautiful eyes.” Jaden blushed. “I feel like you changed everything about me for the better. My career, my attitude on love…. a lot of things.”

Michael cupped his hand over Jaden’s face. “You changed my life too. Me and the kids also. I always said if I came in this world feeling loved, then everything that life gives me can be dealt with. I found that with you.” He grabbed her by the waist brushing her sweet, full soft lips against his equally soft ones. It was no contest to guess where the two superstar newlyweds wanted to do on their wedding night. Michael pulled away long enough to suggest they go find what room they were sleeping in. It wasn’t an easy feat as the two would pause the task of looking and repeatedly stop to giggle and smooch. By the time Michael and Jaden made it up to their temporary master bedroom, they were more interested in having a tongue wrestling match than checking out the scenery. They seductively looked in each other’s eyes as they began to take each other’s clothes off, excited that they would be consummating their marriage shortly. But before Michael could place Jaden on the king sized bed that laid behind them, Jaden gently pushed him off. “Wait… baby. I want to change into something comfy.” She winked at him, grabbed her belongings and went into the bathroom as Michael told her to hurry back with pleading eyes. They both knew that Jaden was teasing him sexually; but it was a turn on.

While Jaden went into the bathroom to change, Michael shyly looked around to try to find a way to set the mood. Tonight has to be the sweetest night we both experience, he thought to himself. He looked in the drawers and found some matches and lit all of the cinnamon scented candles that they requested be placed around. After dimming the lights, he put on calm, romantic music to play off the mood. Seal’s “Kiss from a Rose”, one of Michael’s favorites, set the tone. The wedding night transformation was complete.

Finally Jaden came out in a stunning lace offset red gown by Marc Jacobs. By the way Michael glared his mocha eyes at her with admiration, desire and lust in the flickering candle ambience, she knew that it would not stay on for very long. But she had to let him see her in it; she bought it just for his eyes to only see. Donning his sleek red silk pajamas, Michael came over to her and wrapped his longs arms around her waist. “You look so beautiful darling,” he whispered in her ear. Like a stranger, Jaden began to blush… she didn’t think she was anything too special, but she was glad to hear it from her new husband nonetheless. “Thank you baby…. You are very handsome yourself and I feel safe being in your arms.” The music changed over to the Tracy Chapman classic, “The Promise” and Michael initiated the slow rhythmic dance between them. Jaden smiled as she grabbed Michael as close as she could, until she could feel his heart beating against hers. They were in their own beautiful world where nothing or no one bad could hurt them; nothing else in life mattered more.

Somewhere in between their dancing, they began to kiss once again and methodically, Michael and Jaden took each other’s bed wear off one by one, until they shamelessly were nude in the presence of each other. Jaden traced her fingers over his chest and kissed some of the skin blemishes from the vitaligo that had always embarrassed Michael in the past. “You’re perfect Michael,” she breathed to him. “You’re perfect and incredible and handsome… you don’t ever have to hide or pretend to be who you are in front of me.” Michael ran his hands through Jaden’s hair, feeling just as blessed to have married an angel as Jaden felt. “I promise to always be real to you.” He whispered in her ear. After more passionate touching, teasing, feeling and foreplay, Jaden couldn’t take it any longer. “Please make love to me Michael.” She said in a sultry voice. As Michael positioned himself atop of her and he looked into the golden flecks of her eyes, he reassured her by telling her that she never had to beg for him to make love to her. Before she could respond, he entered inside her and it felt as if time stopped for the both of them. Nothing could compare to the bliss they were in as they made love and consummated their vowels all throughout the night. Jaden couldn’t help it as a few tears cascaded down her face as she reached her peak. She had never felt so loved, special or wanted by anyone in her life until that very moment of passion when Michael hit her special spot. When they finally finished, Michael didn’t make fun of her tears… he simply gave a small smile, wiped them away and kissed her cheek.  He held her as she fell asleep in his arms. Michael knew he understood his new wife just as much as she understood him. I vow to be a good husband… for all time he thought before he too drifted off to sleep. Michael and Jaden were assured that they would be in the long run together.

END OF PART III

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=312