Hostage by ItsCloseToMidnight
Summary:

The story takes place in 2009. Michael and his children are on their way to London. But what they don't know, is that one of the pilots of their plane has a plan to pull out a gun and hold them hostage. 

3marsaeroport_4

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Categories: This Is It: 2006-2009, Adventure, Family, Hurt/Comfort, Suspense Characters: Michael
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 11956 Read: 31785 Published: Jul 21, 2012 Updated: Nov 05, 2012

1. Chapter 1 by ItsCloseToMidnight

2. Chapter 2 by ItsCloseToMidnight

3. Chapter 3 by ItsCloseToMidnight

4. Chapter 4 by ItsCloseToMidnight

5. Chapter 5 by ItsCloseToMidnight

6. Should I Continue This? by ItsCloseToMidnight

7. Chapter 6 by ItsCloseToMidnight

8. Chapter 7 by ItsCloseToMidnight

9. Chapter 8 by ItsCloseToMidnight

10. Chapter 9 by ItsCloseToMidnight

11. Chapter 10 by ItsCloseToMidnight

12. Chapter 11 by ItsCloseToMidnight

13. Chapter 12 by ItsCloseToMidnight

14. Chapter 13 by ItsCloseToMidnight

Chapter 1 by ItsCloseToMidnight
Author's Notes:

This is my first story, so go easy on me lol. 

The story will be in Michael's POV. 

Enjoy! :)

I stared out of the car window, waiting until we arrived at the airport. I'm heading out to London for a press conference for my upcoming tour. I have my children with me, of course. I'm surprisingly slightly nervous at the thought of them watching me on stage. I mean, Prince and Paris saw me at the 30th anniversary show in '01, but they were young. And Blanket has only seens videos of me on stage. But they're all older so they'll be able to remember it this time. My thoughts were interrupted by the stopping of the car. We're here. I turned to my kids and informed them to put on their masks. One of my bodyguards, Faheem, opened the door for me. I got out as my kids followed right behind me. As soon as we got into the airport we went straight to our flight. I was surprised to see only a few fans. Usually they have to put up gates because of the amount of people. We got out to our plane and walked up the stairs right into it. I took my seat and looked over at my kids. They've always been a little frightened by flights. But for some reason, Paris seemed a little extra tense. I noticed that she was gripping onto the arms of her seat. 

"You okay, princess?" I asked her, slightly worried.

She leaned her head back and sighed. "I'm fine."

Something still didn't seem right. I chewed on my bottom lip as we started to move. I had this weird feeling. A feeling of terror, almost. I didn't like this at all. The plane sped up getting ready for take off. I closed my eyes and silently said a prayer. What felt like an eternity later, we lifted off. I took a deep breath and looked out the window at the disappearing ground.   

"Daddy?" 

I looked over and saw Blanket standing beside my chair. "Yes?"

"Is the plane gonna crash?" He asked bluntly with big eyes.

What a strange question. He's never asked that before. 

"No, buddy. Why would you ask such a question?"

He shrugged and went off to his seat. A tall man came through the curtains that led to the front of the plane. He looked like a pilot. Shouldn't he be up there, you know, flying this thing? 

"Mr. Jackson?" He turned to me. 

I swallowed. "Yes?" 

He stuck out his hand at me, "My name is Hank. I'm one of your pilots."

"Oh. Hello. Nice to meet you," I said shaking his hand. "No offense, but shouldn't you be up there?" 

"Oh, I'm what they call the 'EP'" He said.

"EP? I've never heard of that before." 

"It stands for Emergency Pilot. I'm here in case one of the pilots get sleepy or what not."

I nodded. Something was fishy about this guy. He went and sat in one of the seats. A flight attendant walked by me.  

"Excuse me, miss?" I said, trying to grab her attention.

She turned to me, "Can I help you with something?" 

I motioned for her to come closer to me. "Is there a such thing as an emergency pilot?" I whispered to her.

She shook her head. "Not that I know of, sir."

"Oh? Well that man up there, claimed to be one."

She turned to look at him, then back at me. "I've never seen him on the team before sir." 

"Okay. Thank you." 

So he didnt even work for the airport. How did he even get on this plane? I mean, he's wearing a uniform, but shouldn't they know their co-workers? He glanced back at me, then out the window. He kept moving something around in his coat pocket. He was fidgiting a lot. It's like he couldn't stay still. Panic started to rise. Okay, calm down, Michael. Take a deep breath and relax. What's the worst that can happen? I have security with me. I kept looking over at my babies. God, please protect them. Just then, Hank stood up. He stood still for a moment. My heart rate started speeding up. He didn't turn around, he just stood there looking forward. I started glancing at my kids, then my bodyguards. They looked just as confused as I did. All of a sudden, he slowly turned around and faced all of us. The look on his face sent chills up my spine. What's wrong with this guy? He reach in his coat pocket and pulled out the object that made my heart drop down to my feet.

End Notes:

Sorry, it's kind of short. I hope to see some reviews! :)

Chapter 2 by ItsCloseToMidnight
Author's Notes:

Enjoy! :)

He has a gun. I felt like my heart was about to beat out of my chest. Cold sweat started to form on my forehead. I can't speak, I can't think, all I could do was stare at that deadly weapon that was being pointed at us. I heard a quiet whimper. I glanced over and noticed that Paris was crying. I just wanna run over and grab all of them in my arms. 

"Listen, man.." I heard one of my bodyguards say and start to get up.

"Sit down." He ordered and Faheem did as he was told.

He started slowly walking down the aisle. "So this is how it's gonna go. You're gonna do what I say or else you will get a bullet through your skull. Understood?" 

I closed my eyes to keep the tears from coming out. God please let him take me instead of my children. 

"Everybody's quiet now, huh?" He turned to me. "What's the matter, King Of Pop? You scared of a little, gun?"

I forced down a dry swallow and turned my head away from him.

"Yes? No? No answer? Fine. Maybe your little girl can answer for you."

My head shot over and looked at him. "No, please.."

"Relax, chump. I won't shoot her." He smirked and pulled out a knife. "But I never said anything about sharp objects, now did I?" His cold laughter filled the plane. 

I glanced back and forth at him and Paris. He slowly let the tip of the blade lightly graze her cheek. Tears were pouring down her pale face. 

"Please don't hurt my baby. Please.." Tears blurred my vision. I blinked and one slipped down my cheek. "Hurt me instead. Take me." 

He raised an eyebrow and turned torward me. "Don't worry. You'll get your turn." 

He pointed at Prince. "You. Come here." 

Prince hesistated, but slowly walked up to the man. He's not as upset as I thought he'd be. He wasn't even crying.

"How old are you, kid?" He asked him.

"I'm.. 12." His voice was shaky.

Hank nodded his head and handed him the knife. What in the world? Prince looked very confused, but he obliged and took the weapon in his hand.

"What am I supposed to do with it?" He asked, nervously. 

He stared at Prince for a while, then nodded over to me. Oh my god. No, he couldn't possibly want him to do this. 

Prince looked at me, then back at Hank. "My.. my dad?" 

"Yeah. Go hold it to his throat."

His mouth dropped open. "What?"

"Do it. Now!" He hissed and pushed Prince over to me. 

Prince kept looking at him then at me. Poor boy didn't know what to do. Well, I trust my boy. I have faith in him.

"I.. I can't. Please don't make me." He pleaded.

"Look. It wasn't a question. It was an order. Now remember what I said would happen if you didn't follow my orders?" 

Prince nodded. And looked at me. I took a deep breath. "Do it, Prince."

"What? Dad, I can't. No.. I just can't.." He shook his head.

"Son, I would rather die then you get hurt. Do it." 

Hank interrupted. "Aww. How sweet. You make me sick. Now do it."

Prince raised the knife with shaking hands and gently rested it against my throat. My poor baby. Why is he making him do this? 

"Good. You can take it away." Prince gave him a confused look. "I just wanted to see if you are capable of killing him."

He took the knife away from my throat and sat next to me, gripping my hand. I looked over at him and smiled weakly. 

"So, now that I'm in charge. We're gonna go to a location of my choice. And when we get there, you will still follow my orders. Got it?"

"How did you even get on this plane?" I blurted out, without thinking.

"Let's just say, one of the workers had a terrible accident, so I took his uniform. It's not that hard."

"Shouldn't they know you don't work here?" I asked.

"It's a big aiport. They hire new people every day." 

"But what about.." 

He interrupted me, "Okay, shut up with all the questions!" 

I sat back and shut my mouth. 

He pointed at my bodyguards. "If you have any weapons, give them to me now. Because if you try something with me, I swear to God, everyone on this damn plane will die." 

They threw all their tasers and pepper sprays on the ground. Hank bent down and collected them. "Alright. Now the journey can start." He smiled wickedly sat in front of us all with the gun still in his hand and the other weapons at his feet. This is gonna be a death ride.

End Notes:

Review :)

Chapter 3 by ItsCloseToMidnight

I opened my eyes, relieved to see that he hadn't killed me in my sleep. After adjusting my eyes to the light, I noticed that everyone else was asleep. It was quiet. Really quiet. And that scared me a little. Hank was no where in sight. It was dark outside and the lights in the plane shone brightly. He shouldn't be hard to find, but I didn't want to look for the creep. Just then, he walked through the curtains. 

"Well, well, look who decided to awaken." 

I glared at him. 

"You better wipe that look off your face before I do it for you." 

I took a deep breath and looked at him. "Why are you doing this? I mean, what do you get out of this? The satisfaction of threatening three innocent children or telling one of them to hold a knife to their father?"

He chuckled. "I don't like you."

I frowned. "So you're threatening to kill all of us, because you don't like me? You're sick." 

"Yes, I am. And that makes this so much easier for me to do."

I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm going back up front. Don't go anywhere." He said.

"Right, because I was just about to jump out and fall to my death." 

He rolled his eyes and walked through the curtains. I looked beside me at Prince sleeping on my shoulder. "Prince. Son wake up." 

He opened one eye. "Yeah?" He asked.

"Sit up. I want to talk to you."

He stretched and sat up. "What's up?"

"About earlier, when he asked you to do that to me, would you have done it if he asked you to kill me?" I looked over at him and he shook his head.

"Dad, I would never ever hurt you. Even if it meant that I'd die. I wouldn't take you away from Paris and Blanket. That would be very selfish of me."

I smiled gently. "You're a good kid, you know that?"

He shrugged and smiled. "I was taught well." 

I hugged him and ruffled his hair. "Go back to sleep." I kissed the top of his head. He laid back and closed his eyes. He's such a good boy. I can't believe how mature he's gotten. My thoughts got suddenly interrupted by the lowering of the plane. I quickly sat up and turned toward my bodyguards. "Faheem! Mike! Wake up." 

They sat up with a start. "Yeah, boss?" One of them asked.

"The plane is going down. I don't know if we're about to crash or if we're gonna land." 

Paris sat up with sleepy eyes. "Daddy? What's going on?"

"Everything's fine, baby. I think we're about to land."

She rubbed her eyes. "Where at?"

"I don't know." I said looking out the window, trying to recognize the area. It was difficult, considering it was night time. We landed. Hank came through the curtains.

"Alright everybody off the plane." He pulled out his gun again. 

I stood up and noticed that Blanket was still sleeping. I walked over and picked him up in my arms. "Prince, Paris, stay behind me." The bodyguards stayed behind all of us. I stepped out of the plane with Blanket sleeping on my shoulder. All that I could see was trees. Where the hell are we? I noticed that there was sand under my feet. Maybe we're on an island. Hank lead us through the darkened woods. To be honest, I was quite terrified. Who knows what's hiding in these trees. I felt hands gripping onto the back of my jacket. I looked back, and saw the scared look on her face and put an arm around her as she walked beside me. I could see some kind of structure in the distant. As we got closer, you could clearly see the metal buliding, with stairs leading to an iron door. 

Hank looked back at us. "Get in." He said, opening the door. I hesitated. 

He glared at me. "I said get in." He raised the gun slightly. I took that as a sign that he wasn't playing around. I walked in to see what looked like the inside of an empty prison. The rooms were in the form of cells. I looked over at him confused. "Is this a prison or something?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No. Why would there be a prison on the middle of an island?" I shrugged. "This is were I keep my victims." 

My eyes widened. "Excuse me? Victims?"

"Yeah. But don't worry. They're all dead so they're not in here." He smiled wickedly.

My stomach was doing somersaults. Never in my life, have I ever thought of this happening to my children and I. This was disturbing on so many levels. 

"Okay. So three in each room." He put Paris, Blanket, and myself in one. Prince, Faheem, and Mike in another. I really didn't like being separated from my child, but I don't have a choice. The room was sealed, with a skinny, iron door. It had two beds, one on both walls. A small bathroom was in the corner. I sat down on one bed and sighed. Paris sat down next to me. 

"Daddy are we gonna die?" Her blue eyes looked up at me, filled with tears.

I kissed her forehead. "Baby girl, I'm not gonna let that happen. I promise."

"How long is he gonna keep us here?"

"I don't know, princess." She looked down. "Go get some sleep okay." I kissed her cheek and she got in the other bed. I laid down with Blanket in the same bed as me. I just stared at the ceiling. Why me, God? I've done so much good in this world. No, I can't blame God for this. Everything happens for a reason right? I just hope that there is really good reason for all of this madness. Only time will tell. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep. Awaiting, until another dreadful day wakes us all.

End Notes:

Review. :)

Chapter 4 by ItsCloseToMidnight
Author's Notes:

The story will be switching back and forth between Michael and Prince's POV. 

 Prince's POV

I sat up in the bed and looked over and saw the two sleeping bodyguards. I have to get out of here. I quietly got up and put on my shoes. I saw Faheem's jacket laying on a chair and walked over to it. Hopefully he didn't give up all his weapons. I reach in all of the pockets and found nothing. I sighed and something sticking out from under the matress caught my eye. I bent down and pulled the object out. A gun. Holy crap. I slid it into the top of my pants and covered it up with my shirt. I put on my baseball cap and walked to the door. I was shocked to see it was unlocked. I could've sworn that he locked it. Oh well. I stepped out into the cold hallway and quietly shut the door behind me. I tip-toed over in front of Dad's door, looked through the small window and saw everyone asleep. I took a deep breath and tried to find an exit. I can't go out the front door, obviously. I looked around and saw an exit at the end of the hall. I silently ran to it. I turned the knob and went outside. The air was very humid. I took off my sweat shirt and threw it to the ground. I looked around at the surrounding trees and started to walk through them. It was very dark. I had to make my way by holding onto the trees. I saw and opening in them and sprinted over to it. The fresh smell of the ocean hit me. I walked through the sand trying to see if I could spot any other island or type of land anywhere near. There was nothing. I could see the sun starting to rise on the horizon so I went to a different section of trees. The rising sun was giving me some better vision. I could see vines everywhere. This looked like a scene out of Tarzan. I took off the remaining white t-shirt that I was wearing. Here I stand, shirtless, with a gun in my pants, in the middle of some random island. I started to walk deeper into the woods as the sun rose.

 


 

Michael's POV

I was rudely awaken by the opening of my door. 

"Get up!" 

There's that lovely voice of our kidnapper. This day isn't starting off good. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. 

"I'm up." I replied.

"Wake the rats too." He said, referring to my kids.

I glared at him. "Don't call them that." 

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever I'm going to wake the others." He walked out. 

I looked down beside me at Blanket and lightly rubbed his shoulder. "Blanket, wake up buddy." He sighed and sat up. I walked over to Paris' bed and kneeled down beside it. I brushed a strand of hair out of her face and kissed her nose. "Time to wake up, princess." She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"I don't wanna get up."

"Why not?" I lovingly caressed her cheek.

"I'm scared that today will be worse than yesterday." She looked down.

I sighed. "I won't let anything happen to you, baby. Okay?" 

She gave me a little smile and sat up. "Okay daddy." 

I heard a lot of loud voices and stepped out into the hall.

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"Your little moron of son is missing." Hank hissed at me.

My heart dropped. "Wait, what? How.. how did this happen?" 

"I don't know, but I find him, I swear to god I'm gonna.."

"You won't do a damn thing. You will not touch my child." I said, interrupting him."

"Right. But you actually think that I'm gonna let you guys go out and look for him? Ha, No. You're staying right here, until I say you can leave, which I won't." He scoffed.

This guy is really pushing on my last nerve. He better get out of my face, before I do something I'll regret. I went back into my room and slammed the door. I sat on the edge of the bed, fighting back tears. My baby is gone. This is nightmare that I've always been afraid of. Blanket sat beside me.

"Daddy what's wrong?" He looked up at me.

I put my arm around him. "Nothing, son. Everything's gonna be okay." How could I tell them that their brother is missing? I don't have the heart to do that. All I care about right now, is finding my son. God, please let him be safe. Please protect him, I'm begging you. I couldn't help, but let a tear slip down my face. 

Paris stared at me. "Why are you crying? Did something happen?" 

I shook my head and smiled weakly. "I just wanna be home. That's all."


Prince's POV

It was starting to get really hot out here. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and continued my search. I was trying to find another building or something. I just needed to find a phone to contact someone for help. We can't stay here forever. I had no luck at finding anything. This is just pure hell. We're gonna die out here if we don't get any help. It's up for me to find it. I just hope that dad isn't worried about me. But knowing him, he's probably running around like a headless chicken. He worries way too much, but I guess that's what fathers do. I'd rather him worry too much, than not care at all. Anyways, I kept walking. I looked up at the sky while I was walking, not watching where I'm going and I felt my foot get hung on something and I fell forwards, smashing my head against a tree. Blood starting to drip from my head and I could see everything starting to fade as I blacked out..

End Notes:

Will someone find Prince? Wait until the next chapter to find out. :)

Chapter 5 by ItsCloseToMidnight
Author's Notes:

Sorry for the wait! Hope you enjoy :)

Michael's POV

He's gone. Prince is missing. I never thought that those three words would ever be true. Did he get taken? If so, by whom? A thousand questions are running through my mind, but I didn't have an answer to any of them. I feel like a horrible father. But I'm sure any parent of a missing child would have these feelings right now. I just want to know that he's safe. That's all I care about right now. Maybe I should go look for him. But how can I do that without going unnoticed? Well apparently it's not that hard, considering that my son is no longer here. I can't leave Paris and Blanket though. Then again, I have two bodyguards here. They could stay with them. I looked over at Paris, laying on her bed and I walked over to her. 

"Paris?" I said, kneeling down to her.

She looked up at me. "Yeah?"

"I need you and Blanket to go stay with the bodyguards, okay?"

"What? No, dad. I'm not going anywhere without you." She said, slightly panicked.

"Shh. It's okay. You're gonna be fine. I just need some time alone okay?" I kissed her head. "Do this for me, okay?"

She slowly nodded. I woke up Blanket and watched as they walked over to the other room. I took a deep breath and sat down on the bed. I'm going to find my boy if it kills me. Knowing, that Hank would be coming to check on all of us, I laid back and pretended to be sleeping. I could hear his footsteps passing by in the hall. I held my breath, praying that he wouldn't come in here. My prayers were answered as he passed on by. I let about 45 minutes pass before I attempted my exit. I stood up and faced the door. Well, here goes nothing. I silently opened it. I looked around before I slowly walked out into the hallway. Now how do I get out of here? Suddenly, my eyes caught the glowing exit sign at the end of the building and I made my way over to it. I put my hand on the knob and looked back before opening it and stepped out into the tropical air. It felt so good to feel the fresh air against my skin. I shut the door behind me and tried to figure out which way I should go. I started to walk when I felt something under my feet. I looked down and saw a red sweatshirt. I picked it up. Oh god, it's Prince's. Okay Michael, calm down. Don't think about the negatives. Just keep looking for him and keep your head up. I wanted to call out his name, but that might not be a smart idea since I'm still close to the building. After almost half an hour, I still couldn't find him. Anxiety was rising in me and a cold sweat started to form on my forehead. Still, I continued walking. Tears started to form in my eyes as I looked for him. Through the tears, I saw something. I can't quiet make out what it is. I got a little closer. It looked like a body. Prince! Oh my god, it's Prince! I quickly ran over to him and dropped to my knees by his side. He was out cold. I noticed a cut on his head and tried to wake him up. "Prince, please open your eyes. Please." I sat against the tree and set him in my lap. I haven't held him like this since he was 6. My little boy. How could this happen to him. I looked down at his face and noticed that he was opening his eyes. "Prince?"

He blinked a couple times. "Dad?"

"I'm here, son. I've got you." I said with tears rising.

"I'm sorry for running away." 

"No no, don't be. You were trying to help. You're so brave." I smiled.

He looked up at me. "I love you dad."

"I love you more, my Prince." I kissed his forehead.

He sat up and looked around. "I took quite a fall, huh?"

I laughed lowly. "Yeah you did, bud."

"How are we gonna leave this place?"

I bit my lip. "I'm not sure, but we'll figure it out."

"God. You know, I never ever imagined this happening to us. It's crazy." He shook his head.

"Yeah, it is. But maybe there's a lesson behind this. Everything always happens for a reason." I told him.

"Well this is an interesting lesson." He laughed. 

I smiled, "Yeah, I agree." 

I stood up and helped him onto his feet. We started to walk through the dark trees. I saw a small patch of grass, shaded by the branches. We decided to sleep there for the night until morning. Tomorrow we'd look for help. It's not going to be easy at all, but we'll do it. I'm not going to let us die out here. God as my witness, I will make sure we leave this awful place.

End Notes:

Sorry, it's so short. Review, please. <3

Should I Continue This? by ItsCloseToMidnight
Author's Notes:

Just give me your opinion. :)

Well, I feel like I rushed this story and you guys don't like it. Should I continue it? Or should I start a new story? Plus, I have writer's block so I need suggestions for the next chapter. I'd love to get some feedback from you guys! :)

End Notes:

Thanks! :)

Chapter 6 by ItsCloseToMidnight

Michael's POV

My eyes fluttered open as the morning sun was shining down on us. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked over at Prince, who was still sleeping. My thoughts immediately went to Paris and Blanket. How could I have left them like that? I mean, yeah I was coming to save my child, but they're my children too. I hope they're okay. Anyways, I shouldn't stress myself out right now. I sat up and put my hand on Prince's shoulder.

"Prince. Wake up."

He blinked a few times before opening his eyes. "Yeah, dad?"

"We gotta get moving." I said, standing up.

He stretched out his arms and stood up. "Where are we going?" 

"I don't know yet, but we need to find a way to call for help." 

"Dad, how are we gonna do that? We're in the middle of nowhere." 

I shrugged. "There's a building here, so there has to be some form of communication that we can use." 

He nodded."I guess you're right."

We started walking and began our search. I looked over at Prince. "Son, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure. What's on your mind?" 

I sighed. "Why did you leave?"

He chewed on his bottom lip and looked away. "I.. I thought I could help."

I put my arm around him. "I appreciate that. I really do. But Prince, you shouldn't have just ran away like that. I was worried sick. I didn't know what happened to you." 

He looked up at me. "Really?"

"Of course. I never want anything to happen to you." My mind went back to a time when Prince was four and I took him to see what the woods was like.


2001

Michael's POV

I held Prince's little hand as we stepped into the sea of trees. 

"Daddy, what's this place called?" He looked up at me.

"It's called a forest, Prince. Isn't it pretty?" I smiled.

"Yeah!" He said happily.

We kept walking, but not too far. I don't want to go too deep into it. He might get scared. I saw this huge tree. It was totally gorgeous. I turned to show Prince, but he wasn't there. 

"Prince?" No answer. I started to panic. I frantically looked around for him. My heart rate was at top speed. I paced around, calling his name. Still, nothing. Oh my god, my baby. What's happened to my baby boy? A tear slipped down my cheek. Then, I felt something wrap around my leg. I looked down and saw the face of my little angel. I knelt down and hugged him tightly.

"Prince, you scared me to death. Where did you go?" 

"I saw a squirrel so I tried to catch it. Why are you crying, daddy?" He put his little hand on my face.

I smiled. "Because I thought something happened to you. Please don't ever leave me like that again."

He nodded, "I'm sorry daddy. I promise I won't."

I kissed his cheek and picked him up in my arms.


Prince looked over at me. "Dad, there will always be situations that could put me in danger, but that's life. Sometimes I can't always be protected." 

I looked down. "I know. I just wish that I could keep you safe all the time."

"I understand. You're my dad, you want me safe. That makes you amazing." He smiled at me. 

I ruffled his hair. "You've really grown up, Prince. I'm proud of you."

"I learned from the best." 

I laughed and continued walking. All of sudden, I heard something moving behind us and I froze. I glanced over at Prince, who stilled his movements also. I swear, you could hear my heart beating through my chest. I swallowed and slowly turned my head. Then the shot went off. My heart stopped. I looked down to see the damage and there was nothing. If it wasn't me that got shot, then.. Oh no. I looked over and watched as the blood started to rush out of my son's shoulder as he fell to his knees. I could actually feel my heart break and my eyes started to feel with tears. God, please don't take him from me.. 

 

End Notes:

Sorry for the late update! I had writer's block. I'm not sure how good this chapter is, but I hope you like it! :)

Chapter 7 by ItsCloseToMidnight

My vision was blurred by my tears. I felt dizzy and very sick to my stomach. Please don't let my baby be dead. I won't be able to handle that. I dropped to my knees next to Prince lifted him up against me. His eyes were half open and there was a single tear sliding down his pale face. 

"Prince. Please, please stay awake for me. Come on bud, please don't die on me." I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. The floodgates were opened and my heart was wounded.

"Dad?" He asked in a very weak voice. 

"I'm right here, buddy. I'm not going anywhere." I kissed his forehead. "Prince. I love you. Don't leave me." 

I felt something against the back of my head. I slowly turned and saw a gun pointed in my face. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Get up. We're going back to the building." Hank ordered, turning to walk back.

Suddenly, I felt a rage and my parental instincts kicked in. I stood up and jerked him around. "How dare you hurt my child! We did everything you asked!" 

He made a scoffing sound. "He ran away without my permission. Maybe you should check your parental skills because this moron obviously was raised horribly." 

That was it. I swung my fist and it impacted on his face. The force pushed him to the ground. I heard him laughing. What is with this guy? He stood up and wiped the blood off his lip.

"Maybe you're forgetting who has the gun. I'll let it slide this time. Get your kid and let's go." He said.

I turned and lifted Prince up into my arms. I followed Hank back to the building and went inside. I was disappointed that we're back in this hell hole, but I'm glad that I'll be with all my babies. I went into  my room and laid Prince down on my bed. I looked through my bag and pulled out a white t-shirt. I lifted Prince's arm gently and wrapped the shirt around his wounded shoulder. He winced in pain. 

"I'm sorry, buddy."

He sighed, "It's okay dad."

Then a loud gasp and I turned to see Paris covering her mouth, with tears in her eyes. 

"Paris, honey. Calm down. He's gonna be okay."

She came over to me and started crying. "Daddy what happened to Prince?"

I pulled her onto my lap. "Shh. Babygirl, don't cry please. We have to be strong, okay?" 

She nodded. 

"Where's Blanket?" I asked her.

"He's in the other room." She said, sitting on the other bed.

"I'll go get him." I stood up and walked across the hall. I opened the door and gasped in shocked. I saw both lifeless bodyguards laying on the floor, surrounded by blood. Where's my little boy? I looked around the room and saw him sitting the corner, crying his little eyes out. I walked over and bent down to him. "Blanket?"

He looked up. "Daddy!" He jumped into my arms. "You're back!" He started crying again.

I held him tight. "Daddy's here. I'm so sorry. I won't leave you again, I promise." I kissed his cheek and carried him to the other room and shut the door. I put Blanket down and saw that Paris was fast asleep.

"Blanket, you need to get in bed, alright?" I told him. "You can sleep with Paris." 

"But I wanna sleep with you, daddy." He pouted.

I ran my hand through his hair. "Daddy has to sleep with Prince, babyboy. He's hurt." 

He looked down. "Okay."

I bent down to him and lifted his chin up. "Hey. I love you." 

He smiled shyly. "I love you too daddy." I kissed him goodnight and he got in bed with Paris.

I looked over to Prince, who was still awake. I got in the bed next to him. "How are you feeling?" 

He shrugged. "A little lightheaded."

"Well you lost a lot of blood, son." I said, brushing a hair out of his face.

"You saved me, dad. I would be dead, if it weren't for you. You're my hero." He smiled at me. 

My heart melted. I smiled at him and kissed his head. "My sweet, sweet boy. I love you so much. I thought I lost you today. I will never ever forget that feeling. I never want to lose you. Ever."

"I know dad. I love you too. Now, I just wish that I hadn't left the first time. I mean, look what happened." He sighed.

"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, Prince. And I know that you are so very strong. You were trying to save us. I can't be upset about that. But, next time you decide to be a hero, let me know first." I laughed.

He smiled. "You got it."

"Goodnight, my Prince." 

He closed his eyes and turned over. "Goodnight, daddy."

He called me 'daddy'. Tears started welling up in my eyes. He hasn't called me that since he was 9. My little boy is growing up. All of my babies are. But I have to makes sure we get out of here, so that they can grow up. I shook my head and closed my eyes. Drifting off into a peaceful sleep, waiting for the morning to come.

End Notes:

Sorry for updating so late. I'm gonna try to update more often. After all the tragedy, I thought you guys might like some cute family time lol. Anyways, I hoped you liked it. Let me know what you think! :)

Chapter 8 by ItsCloseToMidnight

My eyes fluttered open and I blinked a few times to adjust to the darkness. I looked up at the tiny window near the ceiling and saw that it was still dark outside. I sighed and sat up slowly, running a hand through my hair. I feel drained. This whole mess is getting really difficult for me. I crawled out of bed, being careful not to wake up Prince. A loud clap of thunder interrupted my thoughts. I walked over to window and watched the streaks of lightning light up the sky. I could hear the winds hitting against the building. To be honest, I'm a little worried. Who knows how strong this structure is. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. 

"Daddy?" 

I turned to find Paris looking up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I wrapped my arm around her.

"I'm.. scared." She said, releasing a tear.

"Aww. It's okay, Princess." I kissed her head. 

"Daddy, can we talk?" 

Oh boy. "Of course baby." I brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

She went over to the wall and sat down in the floor, leaning against it. She patted the spot beside her, and I sat down next to her. "So, what's on your mind?"

She sighed. "Dad, I want to get out of here."

"Me too." I looked down.

"While you were gone, I was laying in bed, thinking." 

I narrowed my eyes. "About what?"

She bit her lip. "Well, when we were on the plane, Hank wasn't flying it right?"

I nodded my head.

"So, that means that there were pilots. There was also a flight attendant. Where are they at?" 

"You know, I never thought about that." 

She took a deep breath. "Me neither. But when he led us off the plane, nobody else got off. That means, they're either on the plane or they're.. you know.. dead." 

"So, what are you saying?" I looked at her.

"If they are still alive, we have a chance of getting out of here. We just need to find them so we can leave."

I sighed. "Baby, there's no way that would happen without Hank knowing. You could get hurt. I'm not taking that risk. It was hard enough seeing Prince get injured. I can't go through that again, Paris." 

She looked down. "What if I just let him take me, so you guys could escape?" 

My eyes widened. "What? No, no, no. That's not an option. I would rather be stuck here forever, than to let him even touch you." 

She shrugged. "I'm just gonna go back to bed." She said, standing to her feet.

I got up and kissed her cheek. "Goodnight, sweetie." 

"Night daddy." She got back in bed and I did the same. I slowly drifted off into a deep slumber.

 


 

A piercing scream awakened me and I sat straight up. The door was open and I looked over and noticed that Paris was gone. Oh no. Oh my god. I got up and ran out into the hall to find Hank dragging Paris by her hair. 

"Daddy! Daddy!" She cried. 

"Paris!" I sped over to them. "Hey! Get your hands off of my daughter!" 

He jerked around. "Shut up!" I started to reach out for him, but he put a gun to her head. "Touch me and she's dead." 

She was sobbing and it broke my heart. I hated to see my little girl cry. 

"Look, don't do this. Take me, not her." 

She gasped. "Daddy no.."

He let out a cold laugh and shook his head. "I think we both know what I can do with her, that I can't do with you." He winked.

My blood was boiling. No. No, he's not gonna lay one finger on her. I won't let that happen. He looked away for a second and I tackled him to the ground, making the gun slip out of his hand, sending it across the floor. He grunted and struggled against me. I raised my fist and punched him square in the face. He forcefully rolled us over, and swung his fist, connecting it to my jaw. I heard Paris scream and I pushed him off me, standing to my feet. I felt slightly dizzy. He grabbed me by the collar and slammed me against the wall. 

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" He punched me again.

I tasted blood, and noticed that my lip was bleeding. I was starting to see spots. I didn't realize that he had the gun in his hand again. He put it against my forehead. 

"Say goodbye to the world, King of Pop." 

I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing myself, then I heard Hank scream out in pain. I opened my eyes to see him on the ground holding his leg, with blood pouring out of it. I looked over Prince with a gun in his hand. He was shaking and breathing heavily.

"Prince?" 

He sighed. "No one hurts my dad."

I ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him. "I love you, boy."

He put down the gun. "I love you too."

"Where did you get that?" I asked him, pointing to the weapon.

"I took it with me, when I left."

I nodded. "Well, let's get out of here." 

Prince narrowed his eyes. "But dad, he's not dead." 

"No, but right now he can't walk. So let's go."

I looked over to see Blanket crying next to Paris. I went and picked him up.

"Come on kids." We walked to the front of the building. I grabbed the knob to open the door, but it wouldn't move. Dammit! It's locked. This guy is smart. 

"Dad why won't it open?" Prince asked.

"It's locked." I sighed. 

I put Blanket down and walked back over to where Hank was laying. 

"Alright, where's the key to the door?" I asked.

He laughed. "There is no key."

I gave him a confused look. "What?"

"Nobody can get in or out." He reach in his pocket and pulled out a device that looked like a remote. He pressed his thumb against the small screen. 

I stared at him. "What are you doing?"

"I just set the timer."

"The timer for what?" I started to panic.

"In an hour this place is gonna blow up." He smiled wickedly and grabbed the gun, using the back of it to smash the remote to pieces. "Now you can't stop it." 

I started breathing quickly and ran back over to my children. We have got to get out of here. Now. 

 

End Notes:

Let me know what you think. :)

Chapter 9 by ItsCloseToMidnight

Michael's POV

My heart rate was going through the roof. I have to get my children out of here. I don't care if I make it out or not, I just need my babies safe.

Prince looked at me. "Dad, what's wrong?" 

My oxygen was coming in short breaths and pain in my chest was starting to rise. A tornado of anxiety was spinning in the pit of my stomach. I felt nauseous. I shook my head and took a deep breath.

I managed to speak. "He set off a bomb. This place is gonna be gone in sixty minutes."

They all looked at me with wide eyes. Paris started to cry.

"Daddy what are we gonna do?" She cried.

I put my hands on her shoulders and looked in her eyes. "Hey. Look at me. We're gonna be okay. Remember what I promised you? I promised that I wouldn't let anything happen to you and I won't. So stay strong for me. Okay?" 

She wiped her tears and nodded. I kissed her forehead and looked over at Prince.

"Prince, I need you to go see if the back door is unlocked." He nodded and ran off. "Paris, can you go see if there is anything in the desk that will unlock the door?" She obliged.

Blanket tugged at my pants. "Daddy, what can I do?"

I picked him up. "You're gonna stay with me, okay?" 

"Okay." He held onto me. I started to walk through the hall and noticed that Hank wasn't there anymore. Something feels really off. I looked around and didn't see anything. Prince started walking up to me. 

"Dad, it wasn't unlocked." 

I sighed and noticed that Prince's expression changed. His eyes widened and he started backing away. I put Blanket down. "Prince, what's wrong?"

He opened his mouth as if he was going to speak, but no words came out. I slowly turned to see Hank standing there, holding a knife to Paris' throat. My heart dropped. I couldn't breath. "Paris.."

Hank glared at me. "I'll make a deal with you, Jackson. I'll unlock the door. But.. only for the kids. You have to stay in here."

I swallowed. "Fine. I'll stay." 

Paris looked at me. "What! Daddy, no! Don't do it! Let me stay with you! Please!" She was sobbing. My poor baby. She ran into my arms and cried against me.

"Paris.. I have to. I can't risk losing you guys. I'm sorry." I stroked her hair.

"You have five minutes to say goodbye or whatever." Hank demanded and walked off.

Paris was still clung to me and I felt Blanket wrap his little arms around my leg. I held onto the both of them, embracing their love. I looked over at Prince leaning against the wall, not making eye contact with me. 

"There's room for one more." I told him.

He looked at me and frowned. "How could you?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Excuse me?"

He shook his head. "I'm not saying goodbye. I refuse to grow up without a father. Tell him you changed your mind." 

I released Paris and Blanket and walked over to him. "Prince, I can't do that. I'm not gonna let you guys die. You're too young."

I could see the tears swimming in his eyes. He wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"I'll miss you." My heart shattered. 

I kissed the top of his head and felt a tear slip down my face. "I'll always be with you."

"Time's up." I looked over to see Hank standing before us.

I nodded and let go of Prince. I bent down to Blanket. "I'll miss you, boy." I hugged him tightly. I let go and kissed his cheek. I straightened up and stood before Paris. She looked at me, still crying. I sighed and took her into my arms. "My sweet babygirl. I love you so very much." I kissed her forehead. I let go, but she didn't. Her arms stayed wrapped tightly around me. 

"Baby, you have to let go." I caressed her face. 

She looked up at me. "I'll never let go." 

That statement broke me. I could hold back the tears anymore. I silently cried and she let go. They walked over to Hank and he led them to the door. 

"Bye babies." I whispered to myself. I sat down against the wall and covered my face, crying. I lost my babies. I feel like I've just been hit by a car. I never thought I could feel this kind of pain. I heard laughing and I looked up to see Hank looking down at me, with a wicked smile on his face. I saw him raise his arm and his hand connected to my face. I held my cheek, and looked up at him. The pain was nothing compared to how I feel emotionally.

"Get up."He grabbed my arm and jerked me up. I stumbled onto my feet and he led me into a room. "You have 15 minutes left." He shut the door and locked it. I sat down on the bed, staring into space. I can't think at all. I just want to die right now so I won't have to feel this anymore. Am I being selfish? How do I expect my kids to grow up without a father. You know what they say about kids who grow up without a father figure. They end up doing bad stuff. No. I'm not going to let that happen. I'm gonna find a way out of here. For my babies.

End Notes:

Hope you enjoy! I love to read your reviews :)

Chapter 10 by ItsCloseToMidnight

Michael's POV

I started frantically looking around the room for some sort of way out. All I saw was the window, but it was pretty high. I looked down at my watch. Okay, I have 10 minutes to get outta here. Think Michael, think. I grabbed a chair and scooted it against the wall that the window was on. I cleared my throat and stepped up onto it. Dammit. The window is bolted down. Maybe I could break it with something. Obviously I don't have any weapons. Okay, then I guess I'll try breaking it myself. I swung my arm back and forced my elbow against the window. Nothing. Let me try again. I swung and hit it a little harder. A rigid crack started to form in the glass. One more time. I threw my arm back and hit it as hard as I could and the window shattered. Yes! I just hope I can fit through. I looked at my watch. Oh shit! I have 30 seconds left. I lifted myself up and tried to squirm through, but the chair slipped from my feet and I fell to the floor. I ignored the pain in my back and climbed on the chair again. I gripped onto the window seal and slipped through the frame. Oh no, 6 seconds. I stood to my feet and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Then the explosion went off. The blast from it knocked me off my feet and I hit the ground. I lifted up my head and looked back at the clouds of smoke. I coughed a little and stood to my feet, suddenly realizing the throbbing pain in my lower back. I rubbed the sore area and started to walk off. 


Prince's POV

We decided to sit in the plane until the explosion went off. I looked out of the plane window and saw the smoke. My daddy is gone.. I can't process this. I felt pain constricting in my chest. Why didn't I stay with him? I'd rather be dead right now, than him. 

"Do you think daddy got out?" Paris asked me.

I shrugged sadly. "Who knows."

She wiped some tears away and sat down next to Blanket. Poor kid. He barely understands the situation. This is going to be so hard for him. Well, for all of us actually. Growing up without the man who keeps my heart beating. I don't think I can do that. I stared out onto the dreadful scene and I saw something moving in the trees. I sat up and walked over to the door. I pushed it open and squinted my eyes, trying to focus. Wait a minute, it's a person. Just then, I saw dad walking out of the smoke filled woods. He's alive!! I jumped out of the plane and started running toward him. 

"Dad!!" I yelled out to him.

He looked up at me and smiled. I jumped into his arms like I was five years old. My daddy is here. He's not dead. I couldn't help, but start crying. His arms were tightly around me. 

"Prince.." He whispered. 

"Dad. You're here." I said as I pulled away.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. "I'm here, baby boy." 


Michael's POV

I looked down at the face of my beautiful baby boy. He may be 12, but he's still my baby. 

"Where's my other babies?" I asked him.

"They fell asleep on the plane." He replied.

I nodded and I walked over to it. As I stepped in, I saw my angels fast asleep. Tears of happiness blurred my vision. I walked over to Paris first and bent down to her. I brushed a strand of hair out of her face and lightly pecked her lips. Her eyes fluttered open and revealed the ocean blue eyes of my baby girl. 

"Daddy?" She asked, sitting up.

I smiled. "I'm here. I wouldn't ever leave you guys." 

She threw herself in my arms and starting sobbing. I rubbed her back and held her tightly. "Shh. Don't cry, baby. Everything's okay." 

I felt another pair of arms wrap around me and I looked down to find my little man. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"So dad, how are we gonna get out of here?" Prince asked.

I sighed. "Well, I guess we gotta learn how to fly a plane."

His eyes widened. "Dad, you can't fly a plane. You can barely drive a car." 

I frowned. "I beg your pardon. I can drive very well, thank you very much."

He snickered. "Yeah. Okay dad." 

I stood up. "Anyways. Let's go see how hard this thing is to fly."

Prince and I walked into the cockpit and saw a large board of controls.

"Woah." He said. "It looks.. complicated."

"You're smart. We can do this." I told him.

He bit his lip. "I don't know about this dad." 

"It has auto pilot on it, so it shouldn't be hard."

"But, dad how will we know where to go?" He asked.

I sighed. "Good point. Well, we'll just have to go by instinct, I guess." 

"If you say so." 

I sat down in the seat. "Go tell your siblings to buckle up."

He nodded and ran through the curtains. Okay Michael, just breathe. Relax. You can do this. No matter what it takes, I have to get my kids back to a safe place. I don't care where, just as long as they aren't in danger. I started up the engines. Well, here goes nothing.

End Notes:

Guys, I'm not gonna update again until I get up to 23 reviews. The reviews on this story have gone down and it makes me feel like I'm not doing a good job, so please just let me know that you like it. Thanks. :)

Chapter 11 by ItsCloseToMidnight

I looked around as we lifted up into the sky. I exhaled deeply and wiped the sweat off my forehead. I can't believe I managed to fly this thing. Well, let's see if I can keep it up. I noticed that Prince hadn't come back up here yet. Things were really quiet back there. Too quiet. It worried me. I set it on auto pilot and stood up. I walked through the curtains to find empty seats. I went numb and panic rose inside of me. Where are my kids? I took a step forward, but suddenly I was forced down to the ground. I groaned in pain and heard a voice that sent chills down my spine. 

"Didn't think I survived, did you?" 

I turned my head back to find him. The face that made me want to puke. 

"Hank. How the hell did you get on here?" I said, standing up.

He smiled. "I think the more important question is, how are you gonna stop me from killing you?" 

I glared at him. "Where are my kids?" 

"Don't worry about it." He replied.

I stepped closer to him. "Tell me where they are, now." 

He stared at me. "They're in the back. I didn't think they wanted to see their father die."

I shook my head. "You're sick."

He shrugged. "Maybe." He pulled out his gun and pointed it at me.

I had to think fast. I lunged forward and tackled him to the ground. He started struggling against me and the gun slipped from his grip. I kicked it across the floor and pounded my fist against his face.

"How dare you put my children through all of this!" Another punch. "We could have died!"

He managed to push me off and started to crawl towards the weapon. I grabbed his legs and pulled him back. I started to make my way to the pistol and picked it up. Just then he tackled me to the floor, but I managed to keep the weapon in my hand. I used my knees to push him off of me. He stood back up and started to come towards me. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. I heard the shot go off, but I still held my eyelids shut. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. There stood Hank with blood staining his shirt. He fell to his knees and toppled over onto the floor. I did it. I killed him. I set down the gun and went to the back to find my kids. I opened the door to a closet and there they were. 

"Daddy!!" Paris ran to me, wrapping her arms around me. I kissed her head.

"I'm okay, honey." I said.

I led them out of the closet and they froze in their tracks, looking at Hank's dead body.

Prince looked at me with wide eyes. "You killed him?"

I bit my lip. "Um.. yeah. I did."

He laughed and shook his head. 

I frowned and poked his side. "What's so funny?" 

"You're like a thug now." He said laughing again.

I raised my eyebrows. "A thug?"

He nodded. "Yup."

I laughed. "You're crazy boy."

Paris and Blanket decided to lay down. I can see why. I'd be tired too. Prince and I walked back up to the cockpit. We both sat down and I heard a sigh come from him.

I faced him. "Something on your mind?"

He shrugged and smiled a little. "Dad do you remember the first time I rode a plane?"

I smiled. "Yes, I do."

"Was I scared?" He asked.

"You don't remember?"

He shook his head.

"Well then I guess I'll have to refresh your memory." I smiled. "You were about 4 years old and you didn't want to get on because you watched a movie the night before about robbers.."


8 years ago..

Michael's POV

"Come on Prince, let's go." I reach for his hand to go into the plane.

He backed away and shook his head, frowning. "No daddy. I don't want to."

I sighed and knelt down to him. "Prince, baby, you have to get on."

His eyes filled with tears. "But daddy, the bad man will get us if we get on."

"I told you that you shouldn't have watched that movie last night." I told him.

He hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry daddy. I'm real sorry. Please don't make me get on."

I kissed his head and picked him up. "Look, I'll be right next to you okay? I won't let anything happen to my boy." 

He smiled. "Promise?"

I did an "x" over my chest. "Cross my heart." 


Prince laughed. "I kinda remember it now."

I smiled. "Yep. You were my little baby."

"Won't I always be?" He asked.

I sighed. "Well, you will to me. But most boys don't wanna be called that by their father."

"Yeah well, most boys don't have a father like mine." He smiled.

My sweet boy. "Boy, you're gonna make me cry." I laughed.

He giggled. "Sorry, but it's true. Whenever I was sick, you were there by my side every minute to make sure I was okay. Whenever I got hurt, you held me while I cried. Every morning I woke up, you looked me straight in the eyes and told me you loved me. You're the reason I smile, dad. Being with you makes me happier than anything else ever could. And when I thought you died in that building, it was like I died with you. You're my life, dad. I don't think I could handle ever losing you. Telling me to live without you, is like telling me to live without breathing. It's impossible. I mean that. I love you dad. With all my heart."

I wiped away a couple tears and pulled him into a hug. "I love you so much more, my sweet boy.

We pulled away and he laughed. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

I laughed with him. "I couldn't hold it back."

We looked forward at the sky.

Prince frowned. "Dad.. what's that?" He said pointing forward.

I squinted my eyes and focused on the sky. "Oh god. It's lightning."

He widened his eyes. "We have to go through a storm?"

I bit my lip. "Prince, we have to."

"Well, can't you find a way to go around it?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

"Oh god." He said.

"Just stay calm okay? It will be okay just hold on tight." I said as we approached the raging storm clouds, awaiting for the rough ride we're about to experience.

 

End Notes:

Oh my gosh, you guys are so sweet! I love seeing all your reviews. They made me smile and I love you guys sooooo much for that. Also, I wanna make a shoutout to Illusion since she made a shoutout to me. You're so amazing and I LOVE to see your reviews, they always make me smile. Anyways, thank you for reading and let me know what you think! <33 :*

Chapter 12 by ItsCloseToMidnight

I could feel my heart rate speeding up. I don't even know how to fly this thing in a clear sky, let alone a stormy one. I've always hated riding in a plane while it was storming. I can't imagine how scary it is to actually control the plane in a storm. 

"Dad!" Prince said, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked over at him. "Yeah?"

"Do you know how to go around it?" I shook my head.

"Prince, I can't go around it. The clouds are too large." I replied with a sigh.

He sat back in the chair, covering his face. My poor babies. God knows how scared they are. I'm scared too. I really don't want them to see the chaos that's about to happen. 

"Prince. I want you to go back there with your brother and sister. Cover up all the windows with whatever you can find. I want all of you guys in your seats and strapped in, okay?" 

"But dad, I want to stay up here with you." He protested.

I sighed. "I know. But I don't want you guys to see this. Now go, and please stay strapped in." 

He hesitated, but entered into the seating area. I watched him walk out then focused back to the clouds. Okay, so I just have to control it. And.. how do I do that? God, this is isn't easy. The raging clouds were approaching closer within seconds. With shaky hands, I turned off the auto pilot and gripped onto the steering handles. I could hear the kids in the back. God, please protect us. I held my breath as we entered the clouds. It was calm at first. Just slightly raining. Then, the lighting struck. Seconds later, thunder roared and the plane shook violently. I could hear the kids screaming. I kept praying silently as it shook again. Then, I heard a voice calling my name in panic. 

"DAD!!" Prince came running into the cockpit. 

"Prince! I told you to stay strapped in!!" 

He was out of breath. "But dad, Paris is having a panic attack!" 

Oh no. "Oh my god. Is she okay?!" I asked, still trying to control the plane. 

"I don't know, dad. She.." The plane shook harder and threw him to the floor.

"Prince!!" I yelled. 

I tried to make sure he's okay and focus on flying at the same time. I could see in the distance a small opening. 

"Prince, hold on, okay?" He nodded.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed the plane to go faster and the rocking aircraft flew through the clouds quickly. I could hear Paris screaming. I couldn't go any faster without causing us to crash. What seemed like an eternity later, we exited the storm. I wiped my forehead and exhaled deeply. I unbuckled my seatbelt and put it back on autopilot. I got up and went over to Prince, helping him up.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded. "Yeah, but we need to go check on Paris." 

I agreed and walked through the curtains rushing over to her.

"Paris, baby. Are you okay?" I asked, grabbing her hand. 

She nodded. "I think so. Dad when are we going home?" 

I smiled. "Don't worry. The plane has a built in GPS. We'll be there in no time."


1 month later. Los Angeles, California

I woke up to the beeping of my alarm clock. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. The sun shone brightly through the windows. I got out of bed, stretching. I walked over to my closet and put on a red silk robe. I made my way out of my room and downstairs. I was greeted by one of my chefs when I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Mr. Jackson." 

I smiled. "Good morning, Kai." 

"What can I do for you?" She asked. 

"I'll take a cup of coffee, please." I said, sitting down at the dining table. 

"Good morning, daddy." I heard a sleepy voice say.

I turned my head. "Good morning, Blanket. How did you sleep?" I sat him on my lap.

"Good, but I kept hearing something last night." He said, leaning against my chest. 

I frowned. "You did? What did you hear?"

He shrugged. "I couldn't tell what it was."

"Maybe, it was just your brother or sister." I assured him.

Later on that day, we went shopping and came home for dinner. Paris and Prince also said that they heard something coming from downstairs. I was starting to get a little worried. That night, I stayed awake lying in bed. I wanted to see if I heard the noise they were talking about. I waited an hour, nothing. After about 2 hours, I heard what sounded like footsteps. I sat up and listened closely. They stopped. I got out of bed and opened my door slowly. I poked my head out. There was nothing and no one in sight. I peeked downstairs, still nothing. Maybe I was worried for nothing. I decided to go to sleep. I went back to my room and got in bed.


The Next Morning. 

I was sitting in the living room watching TV, sipping my orange juice. Prince walked downstairs and sat next to me. 

"Morning." He said.

"Good morning." 

Blanket came downstairs not long after Prince did.

"Dad are we going anywhere today?" Prince asked. 

I shrugged. "It's up to you guys. What do you wanna do?"

"Can we go out to eat?" Blanket chimed in.

I chuckled "Yeah, sure if you want."

He seemed satisfied with that answer and continued watching TV. I looked upstairs and saw that Paris' door was still shut. That's odd. She's usually up by now. 

"Hey guys, I'll be right back." I headed up the stairs and knocked on her bedroom door. "Paris? 

Nothing. 

I opened it slightly. "Paris, are you awake?" Still no response. I opened it up all the way and what I saw made my heart drop all the way down to my feet...

End Notes:

Sorry for not updating in sooooo long. I've been so busy. I was hoping that I would get more reviews, but sadly I didn't. But, I would like to say that I really need to see reviews. When I see what you guys think, it gives me ideas. So please, tell me what you think. :)

Chapter 13 by ItsCloseToMidnight
Author's Notes:

I'm gonna start doing it in Normal POV, but I'll occasionally switch back to Michael's. Enjoy! 

The moment Michael opened the door, he couldn't really understand what had happened. Paris' room was a complete wreck. The bed sheets were on the other side of the room, the mirror on her dresser was shattered, the books and other items on top of her nightstand were in the floor, and Michael noticed a trail of blood droplets that led to the open window. But the most important thing missing was Paris. Michael's breath quickened and he moved frantically around the room, not knowing what to do at the moment. Someone took his daughter. His mind was flooded with bad memories that had occured, several months ago. He went over to the window and stuck his head out to see dried blood smeared down the side of the house. He knew she was hurt, but the immediate thought that came to his mind was that she was dead. Pain constricted in his chest just thinking about it. He put his hand over his mouth and couldn't suppress a sob. He sank to the floor, crying and hugging his knees. He couldn't bare the pain. Afraid of someone walking in, he stood up and wiped his tears away. He walked out of the room and went downstairs. Prince looked up at him and noticed his red, puffy eyes.

"Dad? Are you okay?" He asked him, standing up.

Michael shook his head. "Prince, I need to talk to you. Come with me."

Prince nodded and Michael led him upstairs, and they stopped before Paris' door.

Michael turned to him. "Okay, Prince. I'm gonna warn you ahead of time. What you're about to see, is very... horrific. Okay? So please, try to contain yourself for me."

"Dad, you're scaring me." He replied nervously.

Michael sighed and slowly opened the door. Prince walked in and he froze immediately when he saw the frightening scene. Michael was biting his lip to keep himself from crying again. He reach over and put an arm around Prince's shoulder.

"Dad.. what... what happened?"

He looked down. "Someone took her." A tear rolled down his cheek.

Prince widened his eyes. "Well, we gotta call the cops." He said, sounding alarmed.

Michael shook his head. "It wouldn't do any good."

Prince narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Son, I've been accused twice of harming a child. If we called the police and told them about this, who do you think they would assume did it?"

He looked down. "But, dad what else are we gonna do?"

Michael sighed. "I don't know, honestly. But I'm gonna find her. No matter what."

Prince ran a hand through his hair and exhaled deeply.

"Come on. Help me clean this up." Michael said to him.


Michael spent the next day, looking on the internet of possible kidnappers that were near their location. He couldn't really find anything. There was a knock on his office door. 

"Come in." He said.

The door opened and Blanket walked in.

"Daddy?" 

Michael looked up from his laptop. "Hey buddy. Come here."

Blanket walked over to him and Michael pulled him onto his lap. 

"Something on your mind?" He asked him.

Blanket chewed on his bottom lip and played with the bottom up his shirt. 

"What happened?" He asked his daddy.

Michael blinked a couple times. "What do you mean what happened?"

Michael knew what he was talking about, but he dreaded telling him the story. 

The big browns eyes looked up at him. "Daddy, you know."

Michael sighed. "Well, someone.. took your sister.." 

He could see the tears already forming in his son's eyes. 

"What? No, no.." Blanket said, starting to cry.

Michael held him against his chest tightly. "Shhh. It's okay. Don't cry, baby. It'll be okay, I promise." 

Blanket wiped his eyes. "Are you gonna go get her back?"

Michael kissed his forehead and nodded. "Of course I will. I promise."

"Dad!! Come here!" Prince called out.

He lifted Blanket off his lap and went to see what Prince needed.

"Yeah, buddy?" He asked as he walked into Prince's room. 

He looked up at Michael. "Come here. Look what I found." He said, pointing to something on his computer.

Michael walked over to him. "What is it?"

Prince showed him an article. "I was searching about possible kidnappers and stuff and I came across this. There's a guy named, James Manning, and his whole family has a history of crimes. But most of them, were murder." 

Michael nodded. "Okay, so what are you getting at?"

Prince pointed to the screen. "There's a list of his family members that have been arrested before. Look what name I came across." 

Michaels mouth dropped slightly. "Hank Manning. You.. you don't think that's..?"

Prince nodded. "It is. I googled his mugshot and it showed a picture of him. The guy that held us hostage."

"So, this James guy is his brother?" Michael asked.

"Yeah. And James' most recent location was Los Angeles. Dad.. I think he took Paris because you killed his brother.." 

 

End Notes:

Sorry, if it's a little short. :p

Please guys, don't be silent readers. I'm kinda insecure when it comes to writing, so let me know how I did. :)

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2392