Love Turbulance by YANAgirl07, PiperJackson4eva
Summary:

You've all waited long enough for the return of Peyton and Michael! Here it is! The sequel to Lost And Found!

It's been four years since Peyton and Michael have last seen each other and a lot has changed. Neither know what to expect, and when they finally meet up again there are definitely some shockers.

Peyton's engaged!

But that's just the problem! Throughout their adventures together as teens and being trapped in a house in the middle of nowhere with JJ, Michael couldn't help but develop feelings for Peyton! And to learn now that she's getting married...

But soon enough more problems begin to unfold and their lives are turned upside down! Different emotions are playing at their hearts, and neither of them are sure what to do now.

Being in love isn't easy, and it's definitely going to take it's toll.

MJ


Categories: Romance, Suspense, Hurt/Comfort, Humor, Off The Wall: 1975-1981 Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 12504 Read: 19952 Published: Jul 13, 2012 Updated: Feb 08, 2013
Story Notes:

Aah! So glad to be doing a sequel to 'Lost And Found'! Working with PiperJackson4eva is AWESOME! I'm so happy to be working with her again because she is so amazing and wonderful! She's got a great sense of humour and never fails to make me laugh! You're great!

1. Epilogue From Lost And Found by YANAgirl07

2. You're Marrying Who?! by YANAgirl07

3. Rachel Who? by PiperJackson4eva

4. I Can't Have You by YANAgirl07

5. Stalking by PiperJackson4eva

6. A New Chapter by YANAgirl07

7. Something's Up by PiperJackson4eva

8. Two Days by YANAgirl07

9. The Truth by PiperJackson4eva

10. We Can Only Go Up by YANAgirl07

11. Anything Can Happen by PiperJackson4eva

Epilogue From Lost And Found by YANAgirl07
Author's Notes:

I just thought it would be a good idea to add this for a little refresher :)

And just a side note, this epilogue was written by PiperJackson4eva not me.

I park my red Holden Ute and take a deep breathe. I squeeze the stering wheel tightly feeling timorous, butterflies in my stomach, and a tingle in my hand. I stare at the house. It was such a little, white, and yet so well built. Didn't he tell me he had 8 siblings? How precipitousness and surpising. His mother can be a sucessful woman, can't she. I let go of the wheel and sigh; this place looks and smells different. I inhail and sniff. This neighborhood smells like rotten soup in a kitchen sink. How disgusting. I exaim the odd tree in front of the house. I don't really like it, it's so weird. This couldn't possibly be his house. I sigh one more time and get out of my car. I walk up to the front door and knock on it. I take off my brownish-blackish gloves and stuff them in my pocket. I flip my hair and knock again. This time, Michael's mother answered. She smiled when she saw me, so she does like me. "Hello Peyton! Michael has been waiting for you!" She exclaims. I smile at the thought of Michael missing me, I miss him too. I miss his childish humor and fun, his smart ideas, his face, his voice, his everything. She looks at my clothes and grin at them.

"Ms. Lukerass, what nice clothes you have! They're so fancy!"

"Thank you Mrs. Jackson," I say and check out her clothes. She has a bandanna on her head, a floral dress with brown sandals. Seems like she has been working hard today. She has sweat of her forehead, hands, chest, and armpits. Michael sends me letters about the temperature in his house. Mike and I have been writing letters, calling each other (for only five minutes,) and sending photos. It's been four years since I've seen him. As Mrs. Jackson calls Michael to come into their living room, I invite myself in and sit on their couch. I wait for Michael for a few minutes and then he finally comes to the living. His afro is shorter than before. He's much more tall. And handsome. A grin grows on his face with a sparkle in his eyes.


He comes and sits down with me, with his hands on his lap. "Oh Peyton!" Michael exclaims and hugs me tightly. I hug him back and pat him on his back. When he realises me, he kisses my cheek and couldn't stop smiling. "It's been such a long time."

"Michael, it's only been four years," I say.

"Very long four years," Mrs. Jackson joins in with us. Very true, it feels like I've met Michael for about a billion years. I look in Michael in the eyes and smirked.


"So, I heard you just got out of college," I say. Michael starts talking about how great college is and how much I should attend. But all I could think about was how I got denied by EVERY college I can afford. Just because of the accident. Because of JJ. JJ is still in jail so don't worry a bit about being kidnapped. Dad (John,) offered a postion in the bank he works in. And now I'm an assistant for a telephone banker and stuff. I heard Michael got a job for an art teacher. Well, he applied for one. We don't know if he is one.

"So what has been going on with you?" Michael asked. I sigh.
"Nothing, exept..." I say leaving him hanging.
"What is it Peyton?" Michael asked, sounding desperate.


"I'm getting married!" I exclaim. Michael and Mrs. Jackson frown at me and groaned. What did I do?!

End Notes:

Okay, I'm about to post the next chapter like, right now! Stay tuned!

You're Marrying Who?! by YANAgirl07

“Y-you’re… huh?!” Michael stammered after a long awkward silence that I assume came because they were shocked. I chuckled a bit and grabbed Michael by the shoulders.


“Michael, I’m getting married!” I repeated again with a huge grin across my face. He looked at me with wide eyes.


“T-to who?!” he asked me. I let out a small sigh. This was going to be tough to explain to him. He probably wasn’t going to like this, but he’s one of my best friends, so he deserves to know!


Katherine noticed my unease and she decided to step back.


“I’ll leave you two to yourselves for a bit,” Katherine said as she walked off into another room. Michael and I just stared at each other.


“Well, are you going to tell me?” Michael asked impatiently. I smiled and nodded.


“Of course! But let’s go outside and sit in the back,” I said as I grabbed him by his wrist and we both walked outside and sat underneath a large tree.


“Alright Peyton, we’re outside and in the backyard, now will you tell me?” he asked me again in a desperate tone. I held his hands in mine.


“Don’t get mad though, promise?” I told him. He nodded.


“Of course! Why would I be mad? You’re getting married! I’m happy for you! I’m excited! Just tell me! All of this… waiting is killing me!” he exclaimed with a bit too much enthusiasm. It was a little off, as if something was bothering him. I shrugged that thought off and decided to continue wit my explanation. I let out another long sigh. This was it.


“You remember JJ right?” I asked him. He laughed and nodded.


“Of course! How could I forget that motherfu-“


“He’s the groom,” I interrupted. Michael stared at me, wide eyed. His jaw dropped.


“Pardon?” he asked, not believing what he had just heard. His expression looked as if he was shocked, and angry. I knew this was going to be bumpy…


“Michael, I’m marrying JJ,” I repeated again calmly. There was yet another silence before Michael exploded with rage.


“Peyton?! What the heck?! JJ?? Are you kidding me?! Of all the guys in the world you decide to marry the one who kidnapped you, hid you from the world, ruined your life and nearly killed you! Are you insane? Is he forcing you to do this or something? This has to be some sort of joke!” Michael exclaimed. I sighed and shook my head. I could feel the tears starting to swell up in my eyes. I didn’t want to cry in front of him. But his reaction was horrible! I mean, I can’t say I didn’t expect it, but still! Could he at least be a little happy for me?


“I’m telling you the truth Michael! I love him! He loves me! What happened before is behind us! Yes, he made a mistake, but he’s changed!” I explained as I put a hand on his shoulder. Michael shuddered and squirmed away from me.


“Don’t touch me! I’m disgusted! Appalled! How could you do that? Do you not realize that you’re screwing your life up?!” he screamed at me.


“Michael! How dare you say that! This is supposed to be a happy moment! Ugh! You’re just as annoying as I remember,” I groaned as I turned my back to him and folded my arms across my chest. Why was he so stubborn? Michael let out a groan.


“Why should I be happy for you when you’re marrying a criminal psycho?!” he asked me. I twirled around sharply.


“Because he’s changed!” I argued.


“Where is he right now?” Michael asked me. I rolled my eyes.


“Jail,” I replied.


“See! Criminal psycho! Right there! My point has been proven,” Michael said with a triumphant grin.


“He’ll be out soon! He’ll be out by the time the wedding day is here!” I explained. Michael shook his head in disappointment. He ran his hands through his hair.


“I really think you’re making a big mistake. I mean, what’s so great about him? How did you ever even fall for him?” He asked me, calming down a little bit.


“Well…” I started, “I went to visit him in the jail, and we talked for a bit in private and he confessed that he made a big mistake. He told me that I was pretty and after that first visit I decided to visit him more and more. The visits became more frequent and after awhile, he asked me marry him and well…”


“You accepted?” Michael finished. I nodded. Michael shook his head. “Pathetic!” Michael yelled.


“Am not! At least I have a love life! Where’s your girlfriend Mr Hotshot?” I retorted. Michael ignored my comeback.


“Isn’t he your uncle? And like… 40?” Michael asked me.


“We’ve decided to look past that…” I commented. Michael shook his head.


“I can’t stay, I’m sorry. Thanks for coming Peyton, it was nice seeing you. But I want you to know that I’m not supporting this marriage,” Michael told me as he started off.


“Why? Are you jealous?” I asked him. I bet he was jealous. He didn’t have a girlfriend and I knew it! He’s just mad because I’ve found love and he didn’t.


“Good bye Peyton!” Michael called to me with a little wave. I groaned and marched back to my car.


I can’t believe him! He should be happy for me! Yes, JJ did some nasty things, but I know that he’s changed! I’m convinced that he’s a better person! Besides, everyone deserves a second chance right?

End Notes:

Dun-dun-dun! So... what do you think about Peyton's choice in partners?? Leave a review and let us know! We love hearing from you guys! :)

Rachel Who? by PiperJackson4eva

I sat down on a cold, black, dirty chair and faced JJ. He smiled and kissed my cheek. "No touching!" The security guard said. I rolled my eyes and JJ flipped him off. I giggled at JJ's little gesture. Then he kissed my lips, I kissed back. Thinking of Michael. Why can't Mike accept the fact that I'm in love with JJ? JJ pushed me and gave me an odd look. That was weird.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. I shake my head; of course everything is alright. I'm here with him. And we're going to get married! He smirked at me. "Peyton, I know you. You're lying." I rolled my eyes and held his hands that were laying on the table.

"I'm fine," I say and look into his eyes. He laughed at me and gave me the 'seriously' look. "I meet up with Michael and told him."
"Let me guess. He hated the idea?" JJ asked.
"How did you know?" I asked. JJ did a evil little chuckle.
"I know how much he hates me, Peyton. And how much he loves you," JJ says. Love? Michael never loved me. I have no idea what JJ was talking about. I raise my eyebrows and crossed my arms.
"Michael doesn't love me," I say in a stubborn kind of tone.
"Oh yes he does, Peyton. I bet right now he's crying because we're engaged." Right now, JJ was pissing me off. I didn't want to hurt Michael's feelings. Michael has always been there for me. He saved me. He kept me company. Michael was funny, smart (beyond smart,) and a true friend. Why would I want to make him cry? But if I stop the marriage, JJ would be sad too. JJ is my love. He will be my husband. Maybe if Michael gave JJ a chance, he'd stop crying.
"JJ... How would you feel like getting out today?" I asked. JJ's smirk became a huge smile. He kissed my cheek.
"Good girl."


Next week.

I walked up to Michael's door and knocked two times. For a couple of minutes, Michael opened it. He smiled at me. When Michael saw JJ, he slammed the door in our faces. I groan and knock without stopping. Someone groaned and opened the door. And oh my gosh. She was a gorgeous blond. Did Michael have some other sister? Is this Janet? "Oh my goodness! You must be... I have no idea who you guys are so please introduce yourselves," she said. I chuckled a bit and waited for JJ to introduce us.
"I'm JJ and this is my fiance, Peyton." The blond's eyes got wide. She slammed the door in our faces. Did she hate him too? And, again, what was she doing here? She might as well be a friend. I looked at JJ. He shrugged it off. I shrugged too. Then in a few minutes, Michael and the blond opened the door with a greeting smile.
"Come on in," Michael said. They both stepped out of the doorway and gestured us to come in. We both came in and sat down on his couch. Michael sat in a chair while the blond sat on his lap. "Peyton and JJ, this is the woman I'm going to marry. Rachel Abelman. Soon or later, Rachel Jackson." So that's who she is! So Michael does have a lady in his life. He never told me about her. Rachel gave me a smile, I grinned back.

"Hopefully soon," Rachel says. I wanted to see her engagement ring, so I look at her hand. No ring. Hm, that's odd. Maybe Michael forgot about that part and they're buying one soon. That's probably it. I look at JJ and he has that unsure look on his face. I know what he's thinking. Something's up. Something is definitely up. Michael has that fake smile and Rachel just seems too happy. Maybe that's the way they express their love. There is a quite awkward silence between us.

"So how did you two meet?" JJ asked, like he knew they'd make up something stupid. Michael starts stuttering words I can't understand. Then Rachel jumps in.

"We meet in high school. Senior year, woo hoo!" She did a little fist pump and dance. "I was new and he was super popular. One day he asked me out and that was that." Seems like a regular story. Nothing special like; We meet in the park and blah, blah, blah. AND WE FINALLY GOT TOGETHER!
"Yep, that's how it went," Michael said. Michael and Rachel started talking a lot about high school, I couldn't keep track of what they were saying. Then Rachel asked how we meet.

"It's... complicated," I answer.

"Oh," she says. Michael gives me an evil glare.

"Actually, it's not," he says as if he's not done with the sentence and is ready to tell a story. He sighs and pats Rachel's lap. "JJ kidnapped Peyton when she was eight, erased her memory, made her work for him for eight years without going to school or having friends. Then he did the same but I only stayed for a week. He tried to kill us, hit us, and keep us. But... we won!" Rachel jaw drops and JJ gives Michael a evil glare. Is Michael just trying to annoy us? Trying to make me hate JJ again? I will not take it. He's being the stupid Mike I meet before I knew how funny and cool he was.

z88;

"Michael. You and I need to talk. RIGHT NOW," I said like I was his mother.

"You can talk to me in front of Rachel," he says. He faces Rachel and Rachel grins at him. "Right Rachel?" She nods. I. Will. Snatch. That. Blonde. Hair. Of. Hers. I roll my eyes at Michael, stand up, push Rachel off his lap, and lead Michael outside.

z88;

"Why are you being rude?! Why do you care if I marry JJ?!" I yell at him. He seemed like he didn't care because he was smiling and his arms was crossed.

"I'm just telling her the true story," he said in a devious way. I roll my eyes.

"You didn't have to tell her Mike!"

"You know what? I did have to tell her! I had to tell you too! You're acting stupid, marrying people who kept life from you! He kept you locked up in a mansion for eight years! He hit you. He tried killing you and me. He made you steal from your own dad! That's why I told her the story! So you can listen to the past and act like you have some sense!" Michael yelled at me. I stood there in shock. He has never yelled at me like this. Michael would yell at me a couple times, but I swear the neighboors heard. Tears started forming and ran down my face. Why must he be so heartless? Michael walked inside the house and left me standing outside. I started telling myself to stop with the tears and suck it up. The past is the past.

There's nothing Michael can do with it. JJ can't change it. We all have to deal with it.

End Notes:
Problem fixed :)

And here are some pics of the characters!

Michael and Rachel

Peyton and JJ

I Can't Have You by YANAgirl07
Author's Notes:

Whew! Finally! Sorry for taking such a long time with this chapter! That was my fault! Sorry guys! My bad! :x

JJ and I left Michael’s house shortly after. I definitely didn’t want to sit around and get ridiculed by Michael any more. He just needs to suck it up! Besides, it’s none of his business who I marry! He’s my friend! He should just be happy that I’m in love! He should know what that feels like since he’s got Rachel…

Ugh. Rachel. Something about her turns me off. That stupid blonde hair. Pretty eyes. Slim figure. She’s every man’s dream! But that’s just what I hate about her! She’s too perfect! She almost seems too good to be true. And how come I’ve never heard of her before? They met in high school after all; senior year. You’d think Michael would have told me about his girlfriend who’s now apparently the love of his life!

But then again, I didn’t tell him about JJ until recently… Looks like we had both been hiding a few secrets.

“Nice place you’ve got here,” JJ said once he walked into my cozy little house. I shrugged.

“It’s alright I guess,” I replied, “Maybe we can get a bigger and better house once we’re married,” I cooed as I ran my fingers up his chest. He smiled, and held my hands in his.

“I’d get anything for you,” he whispered into my ear softly. His sweet words made me blush as he then proceeded to run his fingers through my long, dark hair.

He was so great. Every time he touched me I felt a spark. Every time he spoke it was like Heaven’s music to my ears. When he looked at me with those eyes… aah… his beautiful eyes. They were so captivating. I could get lost in those eyes forever and I wouldn’t mind. Point is, everything about him is fantastic.

Now if only Michael could realize how great he is and how much he’s changed.

“You’ve booked the venue for the wedding, yes?” I asked as I went through some of my wedding notes. He nodded.

“Yup! It’s all set up,”

“The food?”

“Check,”

“The decorations?”

“Done,”

“Music?”

“Taken care of,”

“What about-“ I continued but was stopped as JJ pressed a finger against my lips.

“Don’t worry about a thing Peyton, I’ve taken care of everything except for your dress. That’s the one thing I want to leave as a surprise. That’s the one thing I want you to do,” he told me with a wink. I smiled widely.

“I can’t wait to go dress shopping, which I really should get done soon…” I noted. He chuckled.

“You’re so cute,” he told me as he tapped my nose. I giggled like a little school girl.

“Stop it, you’re making me blush,” I told him. He hugged me closer.

“And is that so wrong?” he asked. I shook my head.

“No,” I replied. He kissed me tenderly.

“Then why bother stopping?” he asked as he kissed me again. I smiled as his lips brushed against mine. I swear it felt like his lips and mine were made to fit so perfectly together…

**MICHAEL’S POV**

“Well she seems… nice…” Rachel began. I nodded.

“She is nice Rachel, trust me. She’s just changed…” I told her. She frowned.

“Changed? How?” she asked.

Ugh, I had to admit she was a little nosy at times, but she was cute.

“She’s just… I don’t know. The Peyton I knew would have never in a million years gotten engaged with JJ! You really don’t know all that we’ve been through. There’s so much more to it! He’s a monster, Rachel! He’s insane! He tried to kill us! I remember her so desperately wanting to get away from his grasp, and I remember how happy she was when he was finally thrown in jail and when she was reunited with her family… It was a happy moment to begin the rest of a happy life. And now she goes and does this! She’s ruining her life Rachel… she’s screwing it all up!” I ranted. I let out an exasperated sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair. I had to admit, all of this love drama was stressing me out.

“Maybe she’s changed more than you thought…” Rachel began. I shrugged.

“Apparently,” I agreed. She smiled wildly at me.

“Maybe one day you and I could get married…” she said flirtatiously. I grinned happily at her.

“Did you not hear me when I introduced you? I said that you would one day be Rachel Jackson, and I mean it girl,” I told her as I hugged her tight. She giggled.

“This wait is killing me,” she admitted. I laughed.

“I want to ask you when you least expect it,” I told her. She smiled at me and then got up from where she sat.

“I’m going to head out Michael, I’ll see you soon? Maybe you could call me?” she asked. I nodded.

“Definitely babe,” I told her as I planted a kiss on her soft lips. We stood there kissing sweetly for awhile before we finally pulled away and she left. I sighed as I watched her go.

She was beautiful. She really was. I loved her, but I wasn’t in love with her. I mean, she’s a great friend. She listens to me, she understands me… she just gets me! Maybe if I wasn’t already in love I would be with her…

“God Peyton… why him?” I whispered under my breath as I walked up the stairs to my room.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get her out of my head. Throughout the years that we hadn’t seen each other she was all I could think about. I used to doodle her name on post-it notes, on my binder, type it up in a word document a million times! You could say I was a little obsessed with her. That day when she came to visit me after all of that time from being away, I considered getting closer to her, maybe even making a move…

Until she told me about her and JJ.

God I hated that man so much! I hated him for all that he’s done! Any normal person would hate him too if you were in mine or Peyton’s situation! That’s what confused me so much about Peyton’s choice… what good has he ever done for her that would make her fall for him?

Okay, so maybe he introduced her to me, so I guess we could thank him for that, but really that’s about it! Everything else he’s done has ruined our lives!

Sometimes I wish that Peyton and I had never found that stuff about who we really were. Maybe it would just be better if Peyton was still Malika, if I were still Mike, and JJ was still Eugene… if we were just a united family. Maybe then I’d feel a lot better than how I do now… Sometimes knowledge just brings unhappiness.

I groaned. Everything was so complicated! I pulled out an old picture of Peyton and I when we had just escaped JJ’s evil clutches. We were both hugging each other and smiling wildly; just so happy off of the fact that we were free.

“Why couldn’t my life be like that?” I asked aloud as I smiled at the memories. Her smile was so beautiful, it really was contagious and that’s what I loved about her. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved a lot about her! In fact, I loved everything about her! Her eyes, her hair, her personality, her laugh, her witty attitude… she was perfect in my eyes.

Unfortunately she had to be perfect in JJ’s eyes too, and even more unfortunately, the feeling was mutual.

I sighed. I was in love with Peyton Lukerass.

I was in love with something that I could no longer have.

End Notes:

Leave a little review guys! We both really appreciate them!

BTW I'm just going to advertise a little here, but if you like G rated stories read Piperjackson4eva's 'Sticks And Stones' it's really good! I think it's probably my favorite G rated story on this site so far...

ANYWAY it's really good. Check it out! Really funny! Love you girl :*

AAANNNDDD CHECK OUT THIS SUPER AWESOME MANIP DONE BY NONE OTHER THAN THE MAGNIFICENTLY TALENTED LEAHLUV21!

Cool right?  I think it's really cute XD

Stalking by PiperJackson4eva
Remember when JJ said I had to go shopping for the wedding dress? He wasn't kidding. He forced me to go shopping for one. So I was at a store in Beverly Hills, at a shop for old wedding dresses, and I run into a perfect blonde. Rachel. I try to hide away from her so she doesn't notice me. I see her across the room, her hands gliding down a wedding dress, I hide behind one of the dresses. Like I said, I don't like her. She's too perfect. If she sees me, she'll rub her perfectness in my face. I after a few minutes, she's not here. "Peyton!" Oh crud.

I turn around, finding Rachel smiling at me. I fake smile at her. "Rachel! What are you doing here? Don't you live in Indiana?"
z88;
"Me and Michael travel a lot together over the summer so we figured we'd fly over here just so we can be in your wedding," Rachel explained, using hand gestures. I never saw a woman use hand gestures while she talks. Is she doing sign language or something? Of course not. Most people who do that speak slowly, (no offense deaf people.) I nodded to show I was listening.
"Thank you. We didn't invite you to the wedding but I appreciate it," I said. It was rude, but she frowned. It was some awkward silence, so I pretended to look busy by scanning through some dresses. I swayed along with the classical music in the background. Rachel breaks the silence between the both of us.

"What do you think of Michael? Perfect, right?" She says as if she's a girl who gossips about everyone, well at least hot boys... Did I just call Michael hot? Anyway, she flipped her blonde hair while feeling the texture of the most beautiful dress ever.

"He's a cool friend," I say as if he isn't 'all that.' Michael is more than a cool friend. He's a hero. He saved me. Michael is funny, cute, and friendly. He's also very smart. I've never meet a boy that was more smart than Michael. I grin to myself to the thought of Michael. He's an amazing friend. No matter what.
"I think he's pretty awesome," she says while chewing on a piece of gum. For some reason, I think the gum is going to fall on one of the dresses. I have that feeling. "He's so hot, hilarous, and adorable. He is my dream husband." I hate to admit it to her, but she's not Michael's type. I know what his type is. Someone fun, funny, and someone who's tall. Michael once told me all of his turn ons (I forced him on telling me so he can be embarrssed.) She was also browsing through dresses. She actually found the perfect one and showed it to me. "You wanna model it?"'

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

I turn around and see a beautiful woman staring at me. It was myself. I was glowing like never before. I smiled at my appearance and twirled around. Ignoring Rachel, the owner, and the world. I can now tell why JJ wants to marry me. I giggle to myself because I never felt so happy about myself in awhile. Usually it's "I hate myself for being a idiot for eight years. I hate myself because Michael hates me." For the first time, in a long time, I felt different. I stop spinning and look at Rachel, who was smiling bigger than me. "You look so beautiful!" She got up from her big chair she was sitting in and started adjusting the dress. Twisting it, pulling it; I had no idea if it was just ripping the dress or not, but I didn't like it. When she was done messing around with it, she stopped and made me face the mirror. It was better than before. Darn that perfect blonde.

But I swear, she stalks me. The next day, JJ and I went on our first date, she was there. Rachel was acting like she wasn't there, or at least we weren't there. The next day, I go shopping with some friends at the mall and she's at Bath and Body Works. I wonder if Michael put her up to this... Michael. He was never the type to compeling or manipulating, but I believe that he has some part in this stalking thing. Michael would be smart enough to get her to go every place I go. He's too sweet for that though. "PEYTON!" I JJ snapped me out of my thoughts. I look at him and see Rachel AND Michael. Sitting together like a happy couple. I frown and sigh. "Something wrong, honey?" I shake my head and smile at him. He smiles back.

MICHAEL'S POV

I roll my eyes as JJ and Peyton give each other the googly eyes. That was the eyes Peyton and I gave each other! Well, at least I did. Peyton can't show emotion with her eyes unless she's sad. "She needs to stop dating that weird nosed man," I said. I had no idea if I was talking to myself, or just to Rachel. Whoever it was, I just wanted them to divorce or whatever. JJ doesn't deserve Peyton. He doesn't deserve to even breathe. A good bullet in the heart, if he has one, would make me smile. Yes, I have evil thoughts. I have the right to have thoughts like that.

"Michael, how about we worry about something else other than JJ and Peyton. They seem happy," Rachel says. They may look happy, but I bet JJ is hitting her. I smile and try to get the ugly thoughts in my head away.

"Sure, what do you wanna talk about?" I ask softly. She smiles at me and laughs.

"When are we going to take this relationship seriously? It's like they're part of it." Rachel looks back at JJ and Peyton as she talks, without learning how to get the smile off of her face. "We never get to do something that doesn't inculde them." She's right. She may be my girlfriend, but she is a cool chick to hang out with. I smirk at her and touch her hand, which was resting on the table.

"Let's go then."
A New Chapter by YANAgirl07

As JJ and I enjoyed our date, talking and giggling and having a good time, I notice from the corner of my eye that Michael and Rachel were leaving. I smiled a bit. Perfect. It was about time they left! Like geez... I’m really starting to think that they’re stalking us! I just don’t understand how they can coincidentally be at every restaurant that we’re at! Like, no. There’s obviously some scheming behind it, and the evil part of my brain has me thinking that it’s Michael...


“Peyton,” JJ says to me in a warning tone. I move away from my evil thoughts and focus back on JJ; my future husband. I smile back at him.


“Yes...?” I ask in a sing song voice. He gives me a disapproving look, as if he knows exactly what I had been thinking this whole time. He grips my hands from across the table.


“All you can think about is Michael and Rachel; I want you to stop,” he told me. I moved back in my chair and huffed. I decided that I was going to deny it.


“I am not thinking about Michael and Rachel! Why would I? There’s nothing to think about! They’re not apart of my life anyway! They mean nothing to me!” I snapped. JJ just laughed at me. He tried to hide his laughter but he couldn’t stop! “What is so funny?!” I asked him, beginning to get angry. If someone was going to be laughing, at least share the joke so I can laugh too instead of sitting here awkwardly. Like geez...


“Peyton, you and I both know that you’re still jealous over Michael,”


“I’m not jealous!” I screamed angrily. Who was he to tell me that I’m jealous!? Uh... no. I know when I’m jealous, not him!


“Yes you are, whenever you see him with Rachel I can see the envy in your eyes...” he began. I remained silent. He moved in closer to me. “You need to stop,” he said in a voice harsher than the last ones. “We’re together now. Whatever feelings you had towards Michael in the past, you have to forget,” he told me. I looked at him quizzically, something about the way he was wording this made me feel like there was a hidden motive behind it all, but I didn’t ask him about it. I just waited for him to continue. When he didn’t, I spoke up.


“I never had feelings for him,” I lied. I kept my voice rock hard. I wasn’t going to let it falter. He chuckled a bit.


“Yes you did, I could tell. Did you think that I was some sort of idiot back then? I’ve fallen in love before, I know what it’s like...”


“You’ve fallen in love now,” I reminded him as I smiled sweetly. He smiled back and kissed me tenderly on the cheek.


“I have,” he agreed, “But sometimes I wonder if you’ve fallen for me too...” he sighed. My mouth dropped a bit and I pulled him into an embrace.


“No! I do love you! I do!” I cried to him. He hugged me back, but not as tight as usual.


“Then why do you spend so much time worrying about Michael?” he asked me, sounding sad. I wasn’t sure if he was trying to pull the guilt trick on me or not, but it didn’t matter because it was working. He was right. We’re engaged and all I can think about is Michael!


“He just... ugh! He makes me so mad!” I screamed as I balled my fists.


“I don’t blame you. After all he did to you...” he sighed as he shook his head. I nodded slightly, agreeing with him. Michael has been tormenting me immensely, and it’s starting to take its toll on me. I have every right to be angry at him! To add, he practically stalks me! Okay, so maybe he hasn’t admitted to stalking me, but I can tell! All of these constant ‘coincidences’ are all just lies!


“I’m sorry,” I apologised to him. He smiled warmly at me.


“I forgive you Peyton, after all, you’re my girl. But you have to stop thinking of him. I don’t want to hear you say his name. Don’t look at him. Don’t acknowledge his presence. He’s of no importance to you, and I want you to remember that. I’m telling you this to make you feel trapped or to make you feel cornered, I’m telling you this because if you keep this up I-I-“ he stammered.


“You what?” I asked, although I had a feeling I knew what he was going to say. He bit his lip and then exhaled a deep breath.


“I won’t be able to stick around. I don’t want to hear about Michael anymore,” he told me. I nodded, proving that I understood. I guess talking and reminding him about Michael was kind of like bringing up an ex-boyfriend... it’s just forbidden. I looked up at him and smiled, trying to rid myself of all negative thoughts.


“Alright, I’ll work on it, I promise you that,” I told him, “Let’s just focus on us. Let’s focus on our wedding. I can’t wait you know that? I finally want to be yours under the law,” I admitted. He smiled at me.


“I can’t wait either. But we’ve already discussed this, instead, let’s just finish up our meal and go home. Relax while we watch a movie... eat some popcorn maybe?” he suggested. I nodded at the suggestion. It sounded great. A movie and popcorn.


Suddenly, at the thought of that it reminded me of Michael. Ugh! We used to always watch movies with a bowl or two of popcorn! Everything that I did reminded me of Michael! He was inescapable!


I shook my head. No. I can escape him. I can do this. I looked at JJ and quickly began to think of other thoughts... only, it was things that I shouldn’t be thinking of...


When I looked into his eyes, instead of seeing love, I saw pain. I remembered all of the years that I was trapped with him. Isolated from the rest of the world. The constant work. When he hit me. When he got drunk. When we got shot. All of those memories were flowing back to me and it almost made me wonder; why was I marrying him?


Whoa! Wait, hold up. How on earth did I start to think of that? I shook my head once more. This was exactly what Michael wanted to happen to me... He’s been trying to plant this into my head ever since I told him about the marriage, and it was finally beginning to work!


Ugh! There I go again about Michael! Okay, I’ve got to stop this.


Michael is a past chapter of my life, it’s time to move on...

End Notes:

Sorry for the long wait guys! I at least hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! XD

<3

Something's Up by PiperJackson4eva
Okay, so JJ and I are watching that new movie Fun Size, which is terrible and not funny. Suddenly, when we get seated, I see an afro and some blonde hair. I hear that familiar peppy voice and quiet tone. I roll my eyes and try not to think that it’s Michael and Rachel. I look at the screen and it asks me a question about Drew Barrymore. Somehow, the answer is Whip It. I love that movie, Ellen Page is awesome. Anyway, I hear that peppy voice giggling from the row in front of us. “Michael! That’s the third time they asked us that question!” She exclaims. Oh. My. Gosh. It’s Rachel. It’s Michael. And guess what? It’s OVER.

I stand up a little bit and tap Michael on the shoulder. He pretends that didn’t happen, which makes me mad. I do it AGAIN, and he still ignores me. My patience was running out quickly, by that time. I took our popcorn and dump it on Michael’s head. He screams like a little girl, shaking all over. He looks at me with wide eyes, popcorn in his hair and mouth, and his jaw hanging. “ARE YOU INSANE?!” He shouts. Everyone tells him to shut up. I want to giggle, but I’m sort of furious with Michael.

“Michael, I would like to speak to you.” He closes his mouth, calms his eyes, puts his hands on his lap, and gives me a look that says I-have-all-ears. I roll my eyes and thump him on the head. “Privately,” He groans, gets up, and follows me into the hallway. No one is here to hear us. So I can yell for a little bit. “Michael, what do you think you’re doing?!” It’s probably the dumbest questions I’ve ever asked. I knew what was going on. Michael IS using Rachel. But why, Peyton?! He’s trying to set an example of what what he calls ‘real’ relationship is. I’m not taking any of it.

“Watching Fun Size,” he says as he pops a piece of popcorn from his hair in his mouth, he gives me a smirk, “what about you?”

“Um… I’m spending some time with my about-to-be husband!” I say. I think it was supposed to come out sarcastically. Michael frowns at me and realizes, or at least pretends to realize that something’s wrong.

“What’s up with you?” He asks.

“Gas prices, the sky.”

“Ha-ha.”

“You know what I find funny, Michael? How Rachel and you are always where JJ and I are,” I cross my arms and raise my eyebrow, waiting for his response. He just stood there, speechless, and his mouth hanging open. “Don’t you find that hilarious, Michael?” Michael looked away from me for a few seconds, but looked back with an evil glare on his face. It was like the weirdest face transfer.

“Look, Peyton. I’m just here to spend time with Rachel. I’m sorry if we’re bothering you… Or if she’s bothering you.” An evil smirk that belonged to JJ years ago grew on Michael’s face. That smirk meant that he was trying to trick me because he thinks he knows everything that goes through my head. JJ had given me that smirk ever since the age of eight, I’m not going to take it from the friend who saved my life.

“Michael, what are you trying to say here?” I know he’s going to start explaining something about Rachel and I. It’s probably about how I isolate her or make her feel bad. Michael will most likely end up making me feel like crap. He’s the new old-JJ. In the sequel, Michael is the bad guy that no one likes.

“You’re jealous of Rachel and you know it!” He says and throws his hands up in the air. I smile and shake my head, making him feel like the dumb one. I’m not exactly jealous of Rachel; I just hate how she’s so perfect. I don’t want to be her. “I see the look in your eyes when you look at her. You want to stab her, rip her hair off, and make sure no one remembers her.”

“Michael! How did we get to this topic?! You’re jealous of JJ!” Wait, where did that come from? I take a few steps back, uncrossing my arms, and dropping my jaw a little bit. Michael looks down at his shoes and puts on a tiny grin.

“I’m not jealous of JJ,” he mumbles loud enough for me to hear.

“What if you are?” The Peyton that was trash talking Michael grew bigger inside of me, which became ugly. “You follow me around, seeing what JJ and I are doing! You are disappointed in yourself for not being him before you got the chance! You are probably in love with me!” I realize I’m raising my voice, he looks up with a little disappointment and a little hope on his face.

Maybe I like him too. I’ve always thought about him and what he thinks or what he’s doing. I used to think about us being a couple, and do that thing teenagers do. Denial. I wanted to stay in contact with him for the last four years. I only got in contact with JJ for a month and then he got bailed out of jail. I feel a lot of guilt building inside of me. Now the Peyton who had innocent thoughts began to show. I slowly embrace Michael, and he hugs me back. It seems like that hug he gave me when I was at my parents house, before he left to his own house. Memories began to come to my head. Not about any car crashes or family ones. Ones about Michael and I. The pictures, the letters, text messages, phone calls, the cellar, his brilliant ideas. Where have we gone wrong? What happened to us? I have the urge to kiss Michael, but I hear my name. I push Michael away and see JJ staring at us.

He knew what was going on. A romantic hug. I give him those eyes that say I-don’t-want-you-to-be-mad-at-me. He walks past us, to what seems to be angry. But he doesn’t seem angry. Something’s up, even Michael knows it; we both exchange glares.
Two Days by YANAgirl07

Suddenly, JJ looked almost disgusting. After sharing that moment with Michael, I almost didn’t want to go back to JJ. That hug that we had just shared, had also shared love. I felt it. I knew it. And I know that Michael must have felt it as well. There was a spark that had been lingering between us for so long. It had been burning bright back when we were 16, and once we had escaped, it kind of dimmed...

 

But now. Now I feel that it’s come back. I felt like I could just let him hold me in his arms forever.

 

But there was a problem now; JJ.

 

JJ hooked his arm around mine as he pulled me away from Michael with a gentle jerk.

 

“Michael,” he greeted with a nod, “Nice to see you again,” he said to him with a smile that I used to love, only now it gave me the creeps. Michael gritted his teeth and clenched his fists.

 

“Likewise,” Michael answered, even though I knew that it was a lie, and I was almost certain that JJ knew it as well. JJ chuckled lightly as he pulled me closer to him, and I began to feel uncomfortable.

 

“So, has Peyton told you the news?” JJ asked, his tone almost mocking. Michael furrowed his eyebrows, before he let his features soften once again as he rolled his eyes.

 

“What news? The news that she’s going to be marrying a major creep like you in a month or so? Everyone’s known that for a long time now, JJ. Is the memory loss already kicking in? Huh, that comes with old age I guess,” Michael insulted, a sly smirk spreading across his lips. I looked at Michael, and I couldn’t help but smirk at his insult as well. I made a quick glance at JJ, and he didn’t seem fazed at all. His happy go-lucky expression hadn’t faltered in the slightest. Weird... Kind of creepy... What was he hiding from us?

 

“What? That long?” JJ asked as he looked at, confused. I just stared at him. What? Did he seriously forget the day that we were going to be getting married? Wow, some fiancé he is! JJ laughed a bit, “Peyton, did I forget to tell you?” he asked. I gave him a confused look. Okay, what the heck?!?

 

“Forget to tell me what?! What is it?! And why did you forget to tell it to me!” I shrieked, now angry. He chuckled as he griped me by my shoulders, which only angered me further.

 

“Relax, darling. You’re so tense... I just forget to let you know that our wedding day has been changed,” he told me with a smirk as he shot a quick look at Michael. His mouth had dropped, and I could read his face perfectly. He had a look that said oh-hell-no. JJ countered back with a look that said oh-hell-yes!

 

“When has it been moved to?” I asked. He moved closer to me.

 

“Two days,” he replied. My eyes widened, and my muscles stiffened. TWO DAYS?!! “I couldn’t wait to wed you any longer. It might not be as extravagant as you might have wanted, but we’re still in love, and we’ll be together. It’ll be fantastic, I promise you that,” he told me as nuzzled my neck with his nose.

 

I felt like throwing up. I didn’t want to marry him anymore! I wanted to get back with Michael! I couldn’t believe how stupid I was being! I couldn’t believe that I had even considered making these idiotic decisions! Ugh! How could I let myself get seduced by this... this... monster! I felt awful.

 

I was tempted to speak up. I was tempted to scream out my declaration of love for Michael, but I felt so trapped. Every time I thought about calling our engagement off, flashbacks of what he had done to us back in the house would enter my mind. All of the pain... all of the torture... If I gave him reason too, he’d inflict it once more. I knew he would.

 

I thought he had changed. I thought he was different. I thought that when we had left that house, the awful, disgusting part of him had been left there with it. Clearly I had been wrong... and not just over one topic.

 

“Isn’t this great, Peyton?!” JJ asked me excitedly as he pulled me into a tighter hug. I hesitated, but ended up hugging him back. When we broke our hug, JJ looked at Michael. “Isn’t this great Michael? Now Peyton and I will be together forever sooner than we thought! I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you, Peyton. I can’t wait to have you mine under the law,” he said as he held my hand in his, intertwining my fingers with his.

 

I can’t wait to have you mine under the law.

 

That sentence scared me to death! His? Under the law? The law was going to be involved in this? My head was spinning, and I started to feel dizzy. Both JJ and Michael took note of this, and went to react, but unfortunately, JJ was first to my rescue.

 

“Are you okay, Peyton? How about we go and get some water?” JJ asked as we slowly started to go get some water.

 

Suddenly, Rachel came into the area.

 

“You guuuuuuuys!” she whined, “You’re missing the whole movie and I’m sitting there by myself! Mikey! Come back and watch it with me!” she told him as she practically crawled on him. Michael looked at me with sad eyes, before turning his attention back to Rachel.

 

“S-sure,” he said. Rachel cheered. Ugh, her laugh and her voice and her peppy-ness made me want to vomit more than the dizziness and the whole ‘being JJ’s’ did combined! Okay, not really, but almost.

 

Rachel looked at us, and smiled sweetly.

 

“What were you guys all talking about out here anyway?” Rachel asked curiously. Michael sighed. It wasn’t a very loud sigh, it was almost as if he didn’t want anyone to hear him.

 

“Peyton and JJ are getting married in two days,” Michael answered in a quiet voice. Rachel’s mouth dropped and she turned to us and started cheering.

 

“OMG! Congrats!” she cheered. I gave her a weird look. Omg? We’re not texting, Rachel, this is a face to face conversation, the least you could do is talk English, thank you. And congrats? It’s congratulations, show some respect and say the whole word if you don’t mind! Ugh! Things like that really annoyed me beyond comprehension.

 

“Thank you, Rachel,” JJ said, sounding almost genuine, “But we have to go get some water. We’ll see you two later!” he said as he helped me walk down the hall. As we walked, I looked back once more at Michael, and saw his pained expression.

 

I must have mirrored his expression, because I wasn’t feeling so hot about this either.

End Notes:

:D Hope you guys are all liking the story so far! I'm loving writing it! Piperjackson4eva is amazing as always! <3 :*

The Truth by PiperJackson4eva

Do I deserve this? Is this what’s supposed to happen? Marry JJ, forget Michael, let Mike marry that annoying blonde chick; and I live happily ever after? That’s not how I want it to go. Why does JJ want to marry me so badly? I’m stupid for not taking Michael and falling for this creep. I was so blind, why couldn’t I see the truth? Two days later, I got my wedding dress ready and kept those tears inside of me. My friends kept asking me if I’m alright, but I wasn’t. I was quiet, rude, and impolite. I lied to them and said I had a bad dream. I didn’t want them to know the truth. I never told any of my high school friends or co-workers about my past. I felt like they were going to judge me or throw pity parties at me. They wondered about Michael and why I contact him so much, I tell him he’s my favorite cousin who’s going through rehab. I don’t think rehab is a joke, but I had to use a good excuse.

I was left alone, because I asked everyone for some space. Everyone now thinks I’m nervous. Especially mom, she’s telling our family while sipping on wine. I can tell, just know her like that. Dad is probably mad because of the crap JJ made them g through. I actually learned why everything happened. John’s father and mother divorced when John was two months old because his father cheated on his mother with JJ’s mother. Somehow, JJ and John got the same genes for appearances, but not for personalities. JJ tried being smart, but got abused for grades and teacher notes. John got praised for straight A’s and a good education. Sometime, they had Sarah; JJ got angry and drunk one night and raped her. I don’t know what a STD is, but she died from a STD. His father insulted him about how horrible he was. John made me. For eight years, grandpa loved me as his granddaughter. He wanted JJ to have a child too, and kept annoying him. JJ went a little overboard and kidnapped me and got help from that fat guy we saw on the camera.

I almost start crying, but I wipe the tears with my arm. Not giving a care about if my wedding dress is going to get wet. I can’t cry I have ten minutes until it starts and my life begins again. It was hard, but I started thinking happy thoughts. About ending world hunger, child abuse, animal abuse, anything that’ll make the kids from our earth happy. Michael says that works the best, to think about the little children from Africa eating. Michael always wanted to help children out, that’s so sweet of him. That’s one of the things I love about him; he doesn’t only care about himself. He’s protective, loving, and helpful. He puts others first. I never realized that he was trying to help me out instead of annoy and stalk me. I’ve been disgraceful to him, and everyone else. Including my dad; JJ tortured John. I’ve been ignoring my dad and putting the spotlight on JJ, the monster who destroyed us. I sat on the white, soft chair and look out the window. There are two little white birds. They love each other, I can tell. I can’t be fooled when it comes to love…

And when I looked at those birds, I realized I was already fooled. JJ is marrying me to stress John out. Or maybe because he knew I could bail him and set him free. I felt like an idiot when I found that out. JJ is one heck of an actor. I cover my face with my left hand and run my right one through my hair, which was down. It wasn’t up in a little ball. It was pinned though. I wish I can see what Michael is wearing; he is coming to this event, right? Wait, why would he do that? He loves me and doesn’t want to see me get married to the man who put him through hell. “Peyton, times up. You got to go, people are waiting,” says Sally, my science partner from high school. I nod to myself, stand up, and walk out of this room. I see my dad who looks exactly like JJ, which was even creepier than marrying a monster, smile at him and link arms with him. JJ and I decided not to do the flower thing; he thought that was silly and stupid. I sat there like an idiot and agreed with him. We walk down the aisle, I look at everyone. Michael and Rachel are ACTUALLY here. Rachel was smiling and giving me a smile, friendly wave. Two days ago, she had blonde hair. Now she has brown hair, which suits her better. But I still hate her and her perfectness. Michael is in a tux, he’s smirking. Oh, he’s saving me, isn’t he? A smirk from Michael means that he’s got a plan, that won’t work but somehow will work. I smile back at him. Dad unlinks arms with me and I’m facing JJ.


He’s smiling and starring at me like he’s in love with me. I’m just a toy now, JJ’s toy. The minster of the church starts saying whatever they say at weddings. I’m focusing on how Michael’s going to be superman right now. “Therefore if any men can show any just cause, why they may not un-lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace,” the minister says. Rachel jumps up and raises her hand. What the heck is she doing?!

“I object!” She exclaims proudly. She walks over to JJ and raises his arm. “This man is a criminal!” The crowd starts booing her and telling her to leave. She rolls her eyes and puts his arm down. “JJ has done many crimes. Is JJ even is name?” She looks over at me and smiles. “It’s not James Johnson. It’s Noah Levine. See, JJ has killed his father right after he drugged Peyton, got her in a car accident, and made her lost her memory. He kidnapped, raped, and killed. I got on tape that you’re only marrying Peyton because of payback to her father. Something like that, I didn’t listen to EVERYTHING he said. JJ, or Noah, only went to jail for kidnapping. He never went for raping, killing, or hitting.” She stares at JJ, or Noah, and me with a sorry look. “My name isn’t Rachel. I’m working for the CIA; I’m one of the youngest people in the field. Michael was helping me out.” Then she looks at the audience. “Oh! And this isn’t a REAL wedding! Noah also confessed that he set this up and the law has nothing to do with it. That’s why he’s getting arrested.”

I smile, she’s not that bad as she seems. Michael is also smiling; it’s a really huge smile. Noah has his jaw on the floor, and so does everyone else. “My work here is done!” She says, going down the aisle and opening the doors. “Get him, boys!” A bunch of police men come bursting through the door and grabbing Noah and leading him out the door. I run up to Rachel/unknown name and smile wide.

“Can you get the story straight?” I ask her, wanting to know the whole story.

“Oh, I’m Jasmine, by the way. Ever since your guy’s engagement went into the newspaper, I got hired to go undercover and shit. I don’t know why the CIA picked me, probably because I’m a good actress.” And she was. I thought she was a dumb blonde, but she seems to be more. “Michael knew about my job and I asked if he can help me out. We’ve been following you for research. I acted like a teenage girl because one, it was fun; two, the CIA asked to keep a low profile. So I created a character-“

Noah comes busting out the doors and grabs my hand. “Get away from me!” I shout. Somebody turned off the lights and now everybody is freaking out. Somehow, Noah makes it out the door, puts a ring on my finger, kisses me, and takes me to his car. “Is there anymore names I should call you?!”

“I’m sorry! The stuff that Rachel… Jasmine… Whatever her name is, said was not true. At all,” he says as he places me in the backseat like I was a little child. He goes to the front seat, starts the car, and hits the gas pedal. We go faster than the speed limit.

“Maybe it is true! It sounds like something you’d do!” He drives past a red light and I start to believe Michael and Jasmine. Noah/JJ/Dad/Eugene is crazy. He hurt us. He hurt other people, including my father. “Take me back! We need to save Michael, now!” I command, shouting as loud as I can. I can barely hear my voice because of the noises the car makes.

He smiles and says, “Not now,” I feel a car pushing the car Noah is driving now. I flinch and cover my face. My head begins to hurt and the car begins to flip over a billion times. I’m not buckled in anymore; I’m tumbling around in the car. The car stops, upside down; it takes me a couple of seconds to try to get up. I fail every time. Noah is just groaning and complaining. I finally stand and see Michael running towards me.

“Peyton,” he carries me, fireman style, “we got to go. Quickly, right now.” But where are we going?

We Can Only Go Up by YANAgirl07

Michael carried me for a few meters before my head felt heavy and the world started spinning. I started screaming at him.


“Stop spinning me! Stop!” I cried as I reached for my head. I heard him speak but his answer was muffled and every word that he said sounded alien to me. I continued to ask what until my surroundings started to fade out… Everything went black, but the last thing I remembered were flashing lights.


When I woke up, I was somewhere strange. The whole place was a bright white, and it practically burned my eyes. I realized immediately that I wasn’t at my house, I wasn’t at JJ’s house (thank God), nor was I at Michael’s house. I was at a hospital. Which one, I didn’t know, but I didn’t care to say the least. What I really wanted to know was why was I here?


Suddenly, I realized that someone was gripping onto my hand. I slowly turned my head over and smiled as I followed the arm up to the face of the person.


“Michael?” I asked weakly. Michael raised his head, and I could see his tear streaked face.


“Peyton? Peyton! Oh thank God! I thought you’d never wake up!” he cried as he kissed me on the cheek. I smiled, but then I wondered how long I had been out for. It didn’t seem like long, but then again I had passed out… I wouldn’t know.


“How long was I out for?” I asked him.


“Too long,” he replied romantically. I smiled softly. I would have laughed but I just didn’t have the energy to do so.


“Cute,” I said, “But seriously, I mean in hours,” I specified. Michael frowned.


“Hours? I dunno that, don’t make me do all of that math. You were out for four days though,” he told me. My eyes widened. Four days?! That long?! Good grief! What had happened to me? I hardly even remembered anything… All I remember was JJ dragging me into a car, we were going really fast, metal crunched, glass shattered… That was when Michael pulled me out and that was when I had my last few moments before I blacked out completely.


“There was a car accident, right?” I asked him. He nodded.


“Yeah,”


“What exactly—“


“JJ was trying to take you away. He was majorly speeding, ran a red light, and a car hit JJ’s car headfirst. The car rolled with you two inside. I’m so thankful that you’re alive, Peyton! I thought I was going to lose you! Hell, I thought I had lost you! When you blacked out, I was so scared and afraid that thought you had stopped breathing. Thankfully, it was just my own fear embedding that into my mind, but for a long time I thought that that was it. I waited here in the hospital for you to wake up. Every moment that they allowed me to be in here, I was. I’ve been holding your hand the whole time. I wasn’t sure if you knew that or not when you were passed out, but I was hoping that somehow it would send signals to your brain to let you know that I’d be with you every step of the way…” Michael told me, almost crying again.


I wanted to cry myself. The way he explained it made me feel like he was so devoted to me; to us. And to think that all of this time I’ve been fooling myself, claiming that I was in love with JJ when I wasn’t. At least, I thought was in love with JJ… I couldn’t believe it. How could I have ever even thought that? Especially when someone like Michael (a much better candidate) was standing right there in front of me, just waiting for me to open my eyes.


Well, now my eyes were open; wide open.


“Michael… why did you stick by me? After I continued to push you away?” I asked him.


“Because,” he told me as he inched closer, his voice still soft and quiet, “I love you, Peyton. And when you’re in love, you can’t just walk away as if nothing ever happened. I couldn’t fool myself, nor my heart when it came to you,” he spoke sweetly. I smiled at him.


“You’re amazing, Michael. I don’t deserve you,” I sighed. He chuckled a bit.


“Despite what you might think, you deserve me more than anyone else ever could,” he whispered. I smiled warmly, but my smile vanished when a question popped into my mind.


“JJ… or, Noah… where is he? What happened to him?” I questioned as I looked around the room, half expecting to see him in a bed next to mine. Michael gulped.


“He uh… well… when the emergency personnel got to the scene, after I had already gotten you out, JJ was trapped inside all of the debris. He was alive, but he was beaten up pretty badly and he was in a tight spot. Eventually, they were able to get him out of the car and into an ambulance. He was rushed to a hospital, but he died on the ride there…” Michael sighed sadly. I frowned.


Even if he was my enemy. Even if I did hate him. Even after everything that he did to Michael and I back when we were 16, and back to when I was 8, it still hurt to know that he died. It hurts to know when anyone died. I mean, obviously the pain is worse depending on who the person is, but I still felt a little bad… but only a little.


“Oh,” was all that I could say. Michael nodded slowly.


“Yeah…” he sighed. There was a long silence as we both sat there together, him still griping onto my hand tightly.


More time elapsed, and Michael was told to leave since visiting hours had ended. Michael protested, and so did I, but eventually he got out. The doctors ran some tests, hooked up a few things, took some blood, but I really wasn’t thinking about that. All that I was thinking about was how I screwed everything up.


Before I had gotten engaged to JJ, Michael and I had a bright future. He was probably going to ask me out sooner or later, and everything would have been fine. We could have moved out together, started a family, maybe even gotten married... but no! I just had to go and get engaged to him! God… I was so stupid!


Thankfully, things had finally cleared up. Yes, there will always be the hurt and pain from when we fought. There will always be the hurt and pain from this accident. But we’re overcoming all of that; we’re overcoming it all together. That’s all that matters.


We’re together now, and the only way we can go from here is up.

End Notes:

<3 Tell us what you think girls! :D

Anything Can Happen by PiperJackson4eva

Right now, Michael and I are at JJ’s graveyard. And we’re feeling sorry for the man who made us miserable. We were just staring at his real name. It seemed like he was some crazy man with fifty personalities.  It seems stupid. When he was Eugene, he was nice and cool. He was a cool dad. When he was JJ, he was a jerk who deserved to die. When he was Noah, he was passionate about love. I like Eugene the most. Back when things weren’t all messed up. No guns, alcohol, marriage, jail, rape. Nothing like that; but I guess Michael made me see that there’s another side of him. Thank gosh, I would’ve still been an idiot who was abused. Sometimes I wonder if Michael understands, because no one understands me better. There were flowers in my right hand and Michael was holding my left. I placed the flowers on his grave and smiled to myself. I guess everything’s okay, everything’s cool. I didn’t want to cry, I just wanted to be here for the man. I felt like a lot of people wouldn’t be there, I was right. But my father came here. That’s his step-brother; he’s got to be here.

 

“Peyton, you okay?” Michael touched my shoulder and I shivered. His hand was cold and his hand on my shoulder made me feel all tingly inside. I looked up to him and nodded. He gave me a grin, and I knew what he was trying to say on the inside. Everything will be okay. He’s gone now. He was stressed out when he was alive, and now he’s dead. He feels better. I just wanted him to leave us alone, not leave us. “You want to get some ice cream?” I remembered in one of my letters I said how much I loved ice cream. I think I remember the whole thing now, maybe just the paragraph. I think I was seventeen; it was a long time ago.

 

I had to go to the dentist because that JJ never took me to one. Sorry to bring it him. Anyways, the dentist had to put these silver things in my mouth. Yeah, they hurt; and I hate them. So now I have silver teeth. On the bright side, dad took me to Dairy Queen. I never knew what ice cream was until now; and boy, does it taste good. He made me try a blizzard. I think it was Oreo, something like that. And now, I’m in love with ice cream. I eat it whenever I watch a sad movie, like the Titanic. Oh my goodness, that movie is sad. If you’ve never seen it, you have to see it. Just look away whenever Rose is naked. Those parts are disgusting. It makes me want to throw up my ice cream. My favorite flavor of ice cream would have to be chocolate. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate? If you’ve ever ate ice cream, tell me what you think about it. Maybe we have similar thoughts about it.

 

“Yes, I’d love some,” I said quietly. Michael gave me a smile and held his hand out for me. I grabbed on to it and he led the way to his car. He held the door for me, I did a little bow. “Thank you,” I said like a princess. I got in and buckled my seatbelt. Before you knew it, Michael was driving and blasting music through the radio. It was a Taylor Swift song. I smiled to myself, because I loved her music.

 

“Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago,” Michael sang. I always knew he could sing. He had a voice full of soul and peace.

 

“You got me in your sights. You got me alone,” I sang along. I’m pretty sure I messed up the words, but I honestly don’t care.

 

“You found me, you found me, you found me-e-e-e-e-e-e,” we both sang along like fools. I’m surprised Michael likes this song. It sounds like a song for girls to love and boys to make fun of. When we were done with the first chorus, we were finally at our destination. We got out of the car and made our way inside the tiny little ice cream shop. Michael pulled out his wallet, I guess he’s paying, and said to the cashier…

 

“Two large chocolate ice creams in a cone,” he looked over at me and winked, “yes, I remember.” So he remembered the letter too, huh? He thinks he’s so impressive.

 

The cashier held her hand over to her heart, “Aw, you two are cute? Are you guys dating?” Were we dating? Was this the start of a brand new relationship? I looked over at Michael and waited for his answer.

 

“Maybe…” He blush a little and gave her a twenty dollar bill. “You can keep the change.” The cashier’s face lit up and she gave him a quick thank you. We both sat over by the window so we can look at people pass by. A little radio was playing a song called Anything Could Happen.

 

“Really, Michael; you gave her a maybe?” I asked with a laugh. He chuckled along with me.

 

“We never talked about if this is a relationship,” he said, trying to contain his laughter too. “So is it?”He looked out the window, staring at an old couple walking in the rain. Wow, I just now noticed that is was raining.

 

“If you want it to be, if you’re ready, and if you’re comfortable with it,” I said. I don’t want to be controlling him and what we do. I don’t want him to get into a relationship that he’s not prepared for or willing to have. If he wants to have it, I’ll be happy with his choice. If he doesn’t want to have it, I’ll be upset yet happy with his choice.

 

He took a long sigh and turned his head toward me. He gave a tiny little smirk and said, “I want it.” An old lady came over to us and handed us our ice cream. Michael decided to get the smaller one just so I can get the bigger one. The both of us gave her a tip. She smiled at us and said her thank you too. “Have a lovely day.”

 

Michael started licking it like it was the last ice cream on earth. I started to laugh. “What? Can’t a guy eat his delicious ice cream like this?” I couldn’t help it, his tongue was so long and there was ice cream all over his face. He took his ice cream and smashed it on my nose. I dropped my ice cream and screamed. “Haha, sucker.”

 

“You’re going to pay for this, you know that, right?” I said, taking a napkin and wiping my nose. Michael gave me an evil smirk and crossed his arms.

 

“I already did pay for this.” He did that little finger snap in a Z position or something like that. I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips.

 

“Whatever.”

End Notes:

I finally update this! Yay!

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2347